N64 w- Expansion Pak, Power Cable Only
NES w- 6 controllers and a bunch of cables
Japanese Pachinko Machine says Denpachiland on it
Famicom Disk System w- plug for Famicom
Famicom MArio Bros 3
Famicom Disk Grand Prix 2 3D Hot Rally
never seen these in the US before

Paid $9

and he said he would call me when he found more games!!!

[quote name='smaaug']
Famicom Disk System w- plug for Famicom
Famicom MArio Bros 3
Famicom Disk Grand Prix 2 3D Hot Rally
never seen these in the US before
[/quote]

good scores. my lil' bro found me a Sharp Famicom Twin (Fami & disc drive built-in) for $5 many moons ago, with a few disc games, Mario Bros. 1 or 2 or 3 (i forget which) included. weird system, but a great collector's item.

congrats.

[quote name='doctordoom1974']Do you think I could successfully haggle? Is it possible for the seller to knock off a few dollars if the games don't have their manuals and/or boxes?[/quote]

Maybe the Sega CD games, but don't expect the others to be complete (or him lowering the price because of it). You don't want to be insulting, He's probably not clueless. I wouldn't make an offer less than $30.

Thanks for the advice allyourblood. And smaaug, I can't believe you found a Famicom Disk System at a garage sale. I would never expect to find imported video game systems at a garage sale and there you go finding an FDS. I sure hope its drive belt works fine. I am also impressed with that Famicom copy of Super Mario Bros. 3. I would like to add something like that to my collection.

Hey doctordoom, I actually got that exact same email from that guy asking me to make an offer. Now I'm in Austin, and you're in Arlington, so I'd be cautious. Also, I actually made an offer for his Sega CD games, and he told me someone else was buying them but apparently if you're getting an email saying he still has them, then he's either lying or it fell through. Also, this guy thinks pretty highly of his stuff because in an email from about a month ago he actually gave me prices on what he wanted for his stuff. Like $3 a game, $20 for a console without the controllers or hookups which were like $5 a piece. In short, just be wary of the guy.

[quote name='jcs7573']What a crappy, rainy weekend up here.:cry:

A lot of GSales were postponed due to weather but I was still able to find some stuff.

Picked this up for $1. The carboard is bending but poster is still behind plastic with no rips, creases, mold, etc. Copyright says 1977. This may be woth more than $1.

IMG_6516.jpg

The next buy was from a guy (late 20's early 30's who was selling a modded PS1 w/20 games (7 original and 13 burned). He wanted $50 for all. I asked how much for just the original games and he said $20. I said all I have is $15. He hesitated for a few seconds and then said sure. Not bad at all for $15 seeing as I had none of these. All are complete and in great condition, I was happy!

IMG_6518.jpg

The last for the day was this NES system. She wanted $3 for the console $2 for the controller and $1 for each game. She said it all works as her son put a new "connector" inside. I offered her $5 for all and she took. I guess not too bad as the system & games tested with no problems.

Games-
The Legend of Zelda
Yoshi's Cookie
Super Pitfall

IMG_6519.jpg

Ahhh maybe next week will be more eventful....no rain!!!:hot:

Good luck next week ya cheap bastards!
Joe[/quote]
Thats some sweet stuff Id be lucky to find even one of those things anywhere. Oh and 1,500th post in the yardsale thread woot

[quote name='smaaug']
Finally I went to this yard sale from this guy that cleans out houses.[/QUOTE]

Huh? This guy cleans out houses? So he robs them blind?

Not bad this weekend. I got:

A Tomb Raider figure (Lara in a wetsuit. decent sized. unopened) - $2
N64 w/ ac cord and clayfighters 63 1/3 Sculptors cut - $3
Parasite Eve strategy guide - $1
FFVII Strategy Guide - $1
Devil May Cry Strategy Guide - $1
Devil May Cry 2 Strategy Guide - $1
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee Strategy Guide - $1

All from one sale. at another Sale I got:

Addams Family (NES cart only)
Mickey Mousecapade (NES cart only)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis cart only)
Sega 6 button rapid fire controller

All for $3

Total: $13

I got a Red GBA, unoppened for $10.00 Canadian at my neighbours garage sale. Sweetness. Not that I needed another one, but I couldn't resist that kind of deal. Also a raly game for $5.00, not as great a deal, but cheap, and fun.

Nice find on Shining In The Darkness smaaug. Still my personal favorite dungeon crawler and one of the best games on the Genesis IMO.

Shining In The Darkness alone was well worth the $4 you paid for all of those Genesis games!

[quote name='TheFuzz']I got a Red GBA, unoppened for $10.00 Canadian at my neighbours garage sale. Sweetness. Not that I needed another one, but I couldn't resist that kind of deal. Also a raly game for $5.00, not as great a deal, but cheap, and fun.[/quote]

Great find! Those can go for like $50-80 depending on what games they come with on eBay. Was it the one with a "brighter" screen?

[quote name='soccerstud652']Great find! Those can go for like $50-80 depending on what games they come with on eBay. Was it the one with a "brighter" screen?[/quote]

No, unfortunatly not.

found these today after my postal exam at the local Salvation Army for $1.99 each

Sega Genesis all complete and in absolutly great shape

Phantasy Star 3
Thunderforce 2
Sword of Vermillion with hint book
Strider
Golden Axe
Afterburner 2
Revenge of Shinobi
http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictures002lc9.jpg]
Sega Master system not as great shape as above
Ghost house
Ghostbusters
Zaxxon 3d
Shinobi

i was very pleased with the Genesis games...i love finding the original classics if only they had Herzog Zwei;)

[quote name='Jedi1979']
Phantasy Star 3
Thunderforce 2
Strider

i was very pleased with the Genesis games...i love finding the original classics if only they had Herzog Zwei;)[/quote]

3 GREAT games there, some of my faves on the Genesis. as for Herzog, i always seem to run into bare carts every few months; i keep eBaying them and moving on, hoping to one day find a complete copy.

findsd.jpg

Lots of stuff over the weekend, starting from Thursday to today.

Left to right, up to down.

DC:

Sega Smashpack Vol 1
Zombie Revenge
WWF Attitude
Fighting Force 2

$6.80 for 4

NES:

Roger Rabbit $1

GB:

The Castlevania Adventure $4 (FT/FS)

3DO:

Way of the Warrior $5 (complete)

PC:

Kings Quest 5
Diablo
Swat Police Quest (all 3 cds)
Myth Total Codex (all 3 cds, complete)
Phantasmagoria

$14

Get Medieval

$1

Rest of stuff:

JVC X'Eye with hookups and JVC controller
Racing Aces (Complete)
MegaRace (Complete)
Stellar Fire (Complete)
Prize Fighter (Complete)
Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia
Super Battleship (Complete)
JVC Karaoke
Logitech Wireless Flight Stick

$50 total

[quote name='Kuros']
3DO:

[/quote]

alert! alert! worst game ever!!!!

heheheh.. i have this, and man, is it horrible. i love that it's just the biggest MK rip off in history.

good finds, all around. congrats.

[quote name='allyourblood']alert! alert! worst game ever!!!!

heheheh.. i have this, and man, is it horrible. i love that it's just the biggest MK rip off in history.

good finds, all around. congrats.[/QUOTE]

I know it's a bad game, but I had to get it. :p

[quote name='Kuros']
findsd.jpg

Lots of stuff over the weekend, starting from Thursday to today.

Left to right, up to down.

DC:

Sega Smashpack Vol 1
Zombie Revenge
WWF Attitude
Fighting Force 2

$6.80 for 4

NES:

Roger Rabbit $1

GB:

The Castlevania Adventure $4 (FT/FS)

3DO:

PC:

Kings Quest 5
Diablo
Swat Police Quest (all 3 cds)
Myth Total Codex (all 3 cds, complete)
Phantasmagoria

$14

Get Medieval

$1

Rest of stuff:

JVC X'Eye with hookups and JVC controller
Racing Aces (Complete)
MegaRace (Complete)
Stellar Fire (Complete)
Prize Fighter (Complete)
Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia
Super Battleship (Complete)
JVC Karaoke
Logitech Wireless Flight Stick

$50 total[/quote]

not bad ;)

[quote name='Kuros']I know it's a bad game, but I had to get it. :p[/quote]

hey, i don't blame you. it's like paying money to see a trainwreck: you shouldn't do it, but... the gore! the wreckage! the awfulness! you just have to see it!

[quote name='allyourblood']hey, i don't blame you. it's like paying money to see a trainwreck: you shouldn't do it, but... the gore! the wreckage! the awfulness! you just have to see it![/QUOTE]

Better yet, it's a complete trainwreck.

[quote name='Kuros']
findsd.jpg

JVC X'Eye with hookups and JVC controller[/QUOTE]

Cool, now I'm not the only one to score an X'Eye this year at a ys. Congrads. It's an awesome system.

I'm sorry, but was there any advertisement for the X'Eye? I just don't remember hearing anything about it when it was released in '93 or '94. Very good find though.

[quote name='doctordoom1974']I'm sorry, but was there any advertisement for the X'Eye? I just don't remember hearing anything about it when it was released in '93 or '94.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I don't really ever remember hearing about it either.

Not much this morning either.

Woman wanted $3 each, I gave $3 for all and got lucky I guess...

N64 - Hot Wheels Turbo Racing
N64 - Pokemon Stadium
N64 Transfer Pak w/Blue Pokemon Gameboy cartridge(which I don't think she noticed)
IMG_6562.jpg

Better luck tomorrow you cheap bastards!

Go cheap or go home
Joe

[quote name='jcs7573']Not much this morning either.

Woman wanted $3 each, I gave $3 for all and got lucky I guess...[/quote]

that was the perfect price. you done good! ;)

[quote name='moiety']Nice pick-up. A good read if you're a fan of the series. :)[/QUOTE]
Yea. I've read it before and was wanting to read it again. I really need to take inventory of all my books. I have between 400 and 500 books, almost all scifi and fantasy. I'd have more room to store my games if it wasn't for my two full bookcases, 3 full tubs, and the full shelf of textbooks in my closet.

I found a sale with 2 HP 28688B EtherTwist Hub Plus, the fiber modules to connect them, and a 100 feet of fiber. I could get it all for $15. I'm not sure if I should get it. It might be fun to mess with. I've never had the chance to use any fiber stuff before.

Any thoughts or price offers on this?

Craigslist entry

SEGA GENESIS (IN BOX) WITH SEGA CD ADAPTER. $30

THE SYSTEM COMES WITH 11 GAMES. IT WORKS GREAT. I WILL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET. SO MAKE AN OFFER.

I have emailed him what games are included and if any come with instructions/boxes. Still awaiting reply...that's if he still has it!

Thanks
Joe

[quote name='jcs7573']Any thoughts or price offers on this?

Craigslist entry

THE SYSTEM COMES WITH 11 GAMES. IT WORKS GREAT. I WILL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET. SO MAKE AN OFFER.

I have emailed him what games are included and if any come with instructions/boxes. Still awaiting reply...that's if he still has it!

Thanks
Joe[/quote]

I would offer $15 for that bundle and have him make sure everything is tested and works.

[quote name='jcs7573']Any thoughts or price offers on this?

Craigslist entry

Thanks
Joe[/QUOTE]
You might also want to ask him which version of the Sega CD he has. The first one with a front loading drive is a little less common. I can't tell you if there is a difference in performance of the two versions.

[quote name='erehwon']You might also want to ask him which version of the Sega CD he has. The first one with a front loading drive is a little less common. I can't tell you if there is a difference in performance of the two versions.[/QUOTE]

No difference at all, both use nearly identical single speed drives and the chips sets in model 2 are cheaper actually. I think the model one actually has better read times because of the form factor.

I went to six yard sales after my work today, and this is what I have found:

Talespin (Genesis, Complete) I paid $1.
How High Widescreen DVD I paid $1.50 after some haggling efforts.
PowerGlove complete with cables I paid $3. I know it was a little high, but I have always wanted one of these.

A word to the wise: when you are at a yard sale, never say anything about yourself being cheap.

On another note, I went to my local Half Price Books yesterday and saw that they had a few sealed Game Boy Color games. The only really interesting thing I saw was R-Type DX, sealed for $5.98. Do you think this is a good deal?

[quote name='doctordoom1974']I went to six yard sales after my work today, and this is what I have found:

PowerGlove complete with cables I paid $3. I know it was a little high, but I have always wanted one of these.

A word to the wise: when you are at a yard sale, never say anything about yourself being cheap.

On another note, I went to my local Half Price Books yesterday and saw that they had a few sealed Game Boy Color games. The only really interesting thing I saw was R-Type DX, sealed for $5.98. Do you think this is a good deal?[/quote]

Good deal.
What were your efforts? Tell the story! Good deal.
If you want it, good deal.

Tell the story!

R-Type DX, sealed for $5.98
NOT a good deal.

Alright, I will tell of how I haggled a seller on that DVD. When I came to the sale, I saw the DVD and it had a sticker on it that said "3.00." I brought it up to the seller and I CIF'ed her $1. She said that she would take $2. So I left and came back about an hour later. The DVD was still there, so I once again offered $1. The seller said "How about $1.50?" I accepted and all was good. I know How High is a bad movie, but I just love watching it for some reason.

As for that part about how I said I was cheap: When I went to the sale that was selling the Power Glove, I also saw a Nintendo 64 (with Expansion Pack installed) with Dr. Mario 64 in it. I asked the woman running the sale what she wanted for everything, and she said "$20." I declined, and then she asked if I was into collecting video games and what not, and I responded, "Yes, I'm cheap." If I had not said that I might have gotten the Power Glove for $2 as I was originally aiming for.

Now what pray tell is wrong with that R-Type deal?

[quote name='doctordoom1974']
On another note, I went to my local Half Price Books yesterday and saw that they had a few sealed Game Boy Color games. The only really interesting thing I saw was R-Type DX, sealed for $5.98. Do you think this is a good deal?[/quote]
We saw a sealed GBC game at WalMart marked $19.82. We checked the scanner and it came up $16.xx. Wasn't a good/rare game or anything, can't even remember what game. Random though, especially that there are still sealed GBC games floating around these stores.

Didn't really do much serious g-saling today as I am trying to take it easy on friday and sunday and do my heavy duty stuff saturday (got the bike all ready to go :D). No video game related purchases today, but I did see 3 ps1 sports games (madden 98, ncaa football 2000, razor scooter or something) for 4$ each. They also had frogger for the gbc that I asked the price on and they wanted $3 so I didnt even bother.

All I got today that im sure most of you wont even care since it isnt video game related ;) was a bike water bottle cage and bike gloves for $5 and a camping pillow for $3.

Tomorrow I plan on hitting up some large neighborhood sales that advertised dvds, cds, home electronics, etc which seems promising and other unadvertised sales. Good luck fellow CAGS. May your cheapness be your guide.

[quote name='doctordoom1974']Alright, I will tell of how I haggled a seller on that DVD. When I came to the sale, I saw the DVD and it had a sticker on it that said "3.00." I brought it up to the seller and I CIF'ed her $1. She said that she would take $2. So I left and came back about an hour later. The DVD was still there, so I once again offered $1. The seller said "How about $1.50?" I accepted and all was good. I know How High is a bad movie, but I just love watching it for some reason.

As for that part about how I said I was cheap: When I went to the sale that was selling the Power Glove, I also saw a Nintendo 64 (with Expansion Pack installed) with Dr. Mario 64 in it. I asked the woman running the sale what she wanted for everything, and she said "$20." I declined, and then she asked if I was into collecting video games and what not, and I responded, "Yes, I'm cheap." If I had not said that I might have gotten the Power Glove for $2 as I was originally aiming for.

Now what pray tell is wrong with that R-Type deal?[/QUOTE]
[lex luthor]WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/lex luthor]

Well this was my Second time going to yard sales ever. It had been raining the last few days but cleared up this morning. I went to total of 7 yard sales. I found a sealed copy of Myst for $3. (Not really that great of a deal now that I think of it.)

The next sale I went had a total of like 10 items one of which I immediately spotted was a sega cd. It was in box with all the manuals and with some game called sewer shark. I also got a genesis that was right next to it. All for $10.

I have never owned a sega cd or even a genesis so I'm not sure how to hook it up. I thought it had all the cables but it only had a sega car adapter, power adapter, and a half broken RF switch. So I have yet to test it out. If anybody has some extra sega cd cables lying around that would be great or know what this is worth that would be nice to know. I don't know if these are that common or anything but where I live if you find anything other than a gameboy you are very lucky.

Anyways best of luck to everyone else.

Here is the pic.

Best week for me so far. I didnt go far as I was on a bike and only went to about 4 sales before I had too much stuff to carry :D. At the first group of neighborhood sales absolutly nothing.

Next I followed a sign about 8 blocks uphill (not fun when pushing a bike I must say). I quickly greeted them as I surveyed the area. Then I saw it. Next to an old lady looking at little vases and pottery and what not was a NES Power Set in box w/ NES Console, 2 controllers, Zapper Gun, All cables and hook ups, A Nintendo Tip/Cheat Book, power pad (the guy said it had never been out of the box), and 14 games (10 complete in box!). The man was very friendly and even dug through his house to find the zapper gun when I mentioned it was missing from the box.

The games were Tetris, Metroid, Golf, Castle Quest, Ghosts N' Goblins, Rescue The Embassy Mission, 8 Eyes, Pinball, Legend of Zelda 1, Legend of Zelda 2, Top Gun, Hydlide, Legacy of the Wizard, and Super Mario/Duck Hunt/World Track Meet. All of this was $5:D:D:D I scooped this up and was gone. During the 3 mile trek home with the huge box on the handlebars I stopped at one more sale and got a leather guitar strap, 2 fender cables, and a bag of picks all for $3.50. Not a bad day if I say so myself. Heres a pic of the NES loot!

nesxu5.jpg

[quote name='jakescape53']Best week for me so far. I didnt go far as I was on a bike and only went to about 4 sales before I had too much stuff to carry :D. At the first group of neighborhood sales absolutly nothing.

Next I followed a sign about 8 blocks uphill (not fun when pushing a bike I must say). I quickly greeted them as I surveyed the area. Then I saw it. Next to an old lady looking at little vases and pottery and what not was a NES Power Set in box w/ NES Console, 2 controllers, Zapper Gun, All cables and hook ups, A Nintendo Tip/Cheat Book, power pad (the guy said it had never been out of the box), and 14 games (10 complete in box!). The man was very friendly and even dug through his house to find the zapper gun when I mentioned it was missing from the box.

The games were Tetris, Metroid, Golf, Castle Quest, Ghosts N' Goblins, Rescue The Embassy Mission, 8 Eyes, Pinball, Legend of Zelda 1, Legend of Zelda 2, Top Gun, Hydlide, Legacy of the Wizard, and Super Mario/Duck Hunt/World Track Meet. All of this was $5:D:D:D I scooped this up and was gone. During the 3 mile trek home with the huge box on the handlebars I stopped at one more sale and got a leather guitar strap, 2 fender cables, and a bag of picks all for $3.50. Not a bad day if I say so myself. Heres a pic of the NES loot!

nesxu5.jpg
[/quote]

GREAT FIND!

Congrats considering you take your bike. That is dedication.

I didn't get too much the last two days. On Friday, I got a box of comics for $3 and Jedi Outcast for $1. Today I went to the sale I went to a Thursday with the networking stuff. I was looking with that stuff and talking to the guy. He sai I could just take it, plus he gave me an old video card too. I'll get some pics of the comics after I've had a chance to go through them.

1 Army Men: Sarges Heroes 2 (N64, cart only)
1 Turok (N64, cart only)
1 Turok 2 (N64, cart only)
1 Pokemon Stadium (N64, cart only)
1 Perfect Dark (N64, cart only)
1 Tony Hawk (N64, cart only)
1 Tony Hawk 2 (N64, cart only)
1 Donkey Kong 64 (N64, cart only)
1 Zelda: OoT (N64, cart only)
1 NFL Blitz 2000 (N64, cart only)
1 Paperboy (N64, cart only)
1 WCW/NWO World Tour (N64, cart only)
1 WCW/NWO Revenge (N64, cart only)
1 Mario Party (N64, cart only)
1 Goldeneye (N64, cart only)
Paid: $2

1 Aura Interactor (complete in box)
Paid: 50 cents

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God damn, what a horrible day. Hit 46 sales today.

First of all, NOBODY had videogame stuff. We either find stuff, or at least get "oh we already sold that today", but today we just got a bunch of straight "no"s. This made for a very painful and frustrating day. We almost ended the day with just the Interactor (a crappy 3rd party SNES/GEN peripheral), but managed to find the N64 games at noon.

Second of all, we missed a Phillips CD-I. This was at one of the few (maybe the only) sales that told us that they had already sold their game stuff. "Dad, did we already sell that Phillips game player?" We were pretty disappointed, because it's one of the few game consoles that we don't have. The only saving grace is the sale was pretty expensive (they were charging $50 for a Ronco Rotisserie that retails for $80 in store), so we can only hope that it went for a pretty penny. First mention of the CD-I in our yard saling career though.

Third of all, everybody was in super-wigged-out mode today. Everybody was giving us weird responses, walking in front of moving cars, just generally off their game. I've never seen so many confused old ladies in one day. Anybody that wasn't supremely confused today was in super-douche-bag mode. At our last sale, one of the customer ladies goes "Oh, are you interested in the original Sega? Oh we have tons and tons of games. Yeah tons! ...but they're in Maine. You know where you should try? Gamezone. It's a store right around the corner." Thanks for the advice lady. Ugh.

Crummiest day we've had in a long while. Even if we don't find really good stuff, it's usually a fun experience at least. Not today though, not today.

Great score jakescape! And on a bike no less! Well done. :)

Congratulaitons on your find jakescape. I wish I could find some boxed NES games. And your $5 price made my jaw drop; no one I have met on my yard sale adventures sells things for that cheap. Everyone just wants $1 or $2 (or even more) for NES games.

Anyways, today I drove around for 4 hours and 50 miles and went to 30 sales and this is what I came up with:

Star Wars: Tales from the Empire novel: I paid 25 cents for this. I also saw a cart-only Genesis copy of the Adventures of Batman and Robin marked $1. I tried to talk the seller down, but she wouldn't budge. She did budge on the book though, which was originally marked at 50 cents.

Adventures of Lolo 2
8 Eyes:
I paid $2 for both. At the sale there was a stack of nine NES games; I showed them to the seller and asked her how much for everything. She said $12. I CIF'ed her $6, but she didn't budge. (see what I am talking about?) So I offered her $9, which she countered with $10. I decided that I didn't want everything, so I just picked up Lolo and 8 Eyes. She told me $2 for both, which I accepted. I was happy, as I would have paid that price for Lolo alone.

Radio Shack Electronic Chess Set: I paid 50 cents. This was originally marked $1, but I CIF'ed the seller and I got it for 50 cents.

These sales have been really slow lately. I think I will just go yard sailing next Friday, then I will go to the local flea market the next day.

[edti] Holy crap, an Interactor! I remember those things used to cost over $150 back in 1994, now Max got one for 50 cents; a true testament to its usefullness. Also Max, could you please tell me how you conned that seller into giving you 15 N64 games for $2? I know I have asked questions like this before, but I would just like to hear your strategy.

bread's done
Back