OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a Sega Saturn complete with all the hookups and 1 regular controller and 1 3d controller. Had it marked for $20 CIFed him with $10 and got it.
Got Virtual Cop, Daytona USA, Nights sampler, Christmas Nights sampler in sleeves as well as Earthworm Jim 2 and Soviet Strike complete.

I also found a 2.0 HP Digital Camera that I almost bought.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't think I'm ever going to find a Saturn bundle.. or even a Saturn, for that matter.[/quote]Welcome to my world... >_> Desperate to find one that isn't eBay pricing >_>

[quote name='Scorch']I don't think I'm ever going to find a Saturn bundle.. or even a Saturn, for that matter.[/QUOTE]
Don't give up, you'll find one eventually. I did find one, but the problem is finding games. I've only found like 4 good saturn games over two years of garage saling.

Well I am back after finally having a 3-day weekend and heading to the 100 Mile Yard Sale. It was a little dissappointing but as someone was saying earlier, there was a theme it seemed to the weekend: Stuffed items... Here are my hauls.

This was the only game I found at the 100 mile yard sale. I ended up picking up:

Super Street Fighter 2 (Genesis)

I only paid $0.25 for it so the price was right.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/518868380/

I picked up actually 3 items at the one sale. I ended up getting:

Sony A/V receiver
Pioneer A/V receiver
JVC dual tape deck

He wanted $3 for each item but we finaly agreed on $7 for all of it. I only ended up keeping the Sony receiver for my basement as I gave the other 2 items to my father-in-law for his workshop by his house. Still, $7 for a working Sony A/V receiver? I coudn't go wrong...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/518895329/

These were the first of a few dolls I'd find today on the 100 mile yard sale. I ended up getting both Sonic and the Pikachu plushed for $1. However the Pikachu didn't have batteries in it and I have no clue what it is supposed to do.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/518875114/

I picked these items up at one of the sales at the 100 mile yard sale. I ended up getting:

Complete Commodore 64 Personal Computer
Commodore VIC-20 system
Dex Drive for N64

I have no clue how the Commodore systems work as I have never had one but I ended up paying $4 for all of it. I have no clue what it is worth but definatly thought it was worth what I paid. Any input on this find would be much appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/518874810/

I wasted a lot of time at this particular sale. I asked the man running the sale if he had any games, He said not here but I clean out storage sheds and have to tubs of them full at my warehouse down the street. I asked him if we could go and his wife took us (my Dad and I) so he could run the sale. We get there and can't find them. She calls him asking if he knew where they were at. He tells her where and apparently, he didn't know the difference between video games and VHS tapes. So after rummaging for close to 15 minutes I say that I am leaving but was curious how much the Luigi was my Dad found. She said to take it for all the trouble I went through looking. At least it was free...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/518875260/

I ended up picking this Worlds of Power: Metal Gear book at a yard sale for $0.25. I have the complete series now so I may have to frame them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/518868090/

I say this sitting on a trailer at a yard sale. I asked how much and I was told $0.25. It looks to be the original VHS tape that introduced Pokemon. I may watch it when I get a VCR working again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/518894989/

It seemed that today was the day for items such as these. I had already found other Nintendo related dolls all day. I ended up picking up this 1982 Donkey Kong and large plastic-headed Mario for $1 at one of the sales on the 100 mile yard sale.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/518902453/

Another 100 mile yard sale find. Not really any interesting story. The lady had a box of cake pans and was asking $1 for each. I should have bought them all since they were Wilton pans but I at least got the one I wanted.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/518875520/

That was all for the yard sale finds... However, I did get some other finds that I got at some other random places.

I went to the local walmart and found that these titles were all marked down to $0.50. I ended up picking up:

Pikmin 2
F-Zero GX
Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Not bad at roughly $1.50, especially from a store like walmart.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/518902733/

My wife and I went to visit her grandma who is moving out of her house to a smaller place. She told my wife that if we wanted, we could have the games under the TV. My wife pulled out a Sega Genesis with 2 controllers and all hook-ups plus:

Caliber.50
Sonic the Hedgehog
F-15 Strike Eagle 2
Arcade Classics
Tecmo Super NBA Basketball

Not a bad lot to get.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/518874988/

That particular Pikachu plush will talk and have its cheeks light up if you put batteries in it and turn it on. There's a battery pack inside it with an on/off switch, and it takes 2 AA batteries.

I have those Pikachu and Sonic plushes in my game character plushie collection... and I want that Luigi. ;)

-sailorneorune

[quote name='Scorch']I don't think I'm ever going to find a Saturn bundle.. or even a Saturn, for that matter.[/quote]

It is weird how things work, I just got an offer off CL for a second one at $15. I don't know if I am going to get it though, the guy is 45 minutes away.

Still I haven't found any SNES stuff, or much on the n64 front except systems by themselves (I have 4).

Found a Game.com system with three games for $3 in superb condition, and a Logitech Rumblepad 2 in great condition for $2. I was quite pleased. :)

Went to one neighborhood wide sale this morning. I'm trying to slow down since I'm running out of money. I didn't find much. A Dark Cloud 2 guide for $0.75 and To Kill A Mockingbird Legacy series DVD for $2.25. I felt I had to get the dvd since it is a classic. I also got a xbox for $20. I'm hoping that works so I can do some modding. The guy at first said he had a xbox360, but the son corrected him. I wouldn't mind a 360, but I'm a little concerned about one dying on me.

I have about 7 stops planned out tomorrow on Google maps, and also Gamestop is mapped out because one a little out of the way but near some of the sales I'm going to claims to have 1-3 Gamecube broadband adapters in stock, only $2.99.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I have about 7 stops planned out tomorrow on Google maps, and also Gamestop is mapped out because one a little out of the way but near some of the sales I'm going to claims to have 1-3 Gamecube broadband adapters in stock, only $2.99.[/quote]

Can you tell if they have the GC adaptors online?

I have about 10 sales lined up, a few church sales.

3 New-in-box N64 controllers at Goodwill today. $10 each. Why the hell not?

I think I want to go back to 'sale-ing tomorrow, I haven't done it in a couple weeks.

Nintendo Micro VS system - donkey kong hockey - 25 cents works perfectly (its like a game & watch)

Zelda ocarina of time n64 - 25 cents

N64 memory card case & jumper pack - 25 cents

2 game boy advance cases - 50 cents each

some neopet toys for 10 cents each

Lil late to the neighborhood sale...
But found
5 PS2 Kid games minty and only one missing manual - asked $25 CAGd with $15
2 Sponge Bobs
1 Jimmy
1 Nemo
1 Scooby...for the nephews...

XBox controller/connector and Qwik Tune Guitar Tuner - $1
N64 Starfox (cartridge) $.50
Knott's Landing Season 1 sealed $2
March of Penguins and another Movie both sealed $2
and Drumroll please....
a Suzuki OMNICHORD OM-250m Midi keyboard/guitar w/box, overlays, manual, AC and sealed cleaning cloth.....works great! $2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I have a question for all you thrift store goers. Do you tend to have good luck at the Salvation Army with video games (if they have them at all)? It's closer than my nearest Goodwill and you people mostly talk about Goodwill.

[quote name='Trikip']I have a question for all you thrift store goers. Do you tend to have good luck at the Salvation Army with video games (if they have them at all)? It's closer than my nearest Goodwill and you people mostly talk about Goodwill.[/QUOTE]

I have had far far far far far better luck at Salvation Army than Goodwill. The pricing at Salvation Army is generally better, and overall I've found a lot more stuff at Salvation Army (boxed SNES, boxed NES games, etc).

[quote name='Trikip']I have a question for all you thrift store goers. Do you tend to have good luck at the Salvation Army with video games (if they have them at all)? It's closer than my nearest Goodwill and you people mostly talk about Goodwill.[/quote]
Going by best score, my local Salvation Army ($5 Arkanoid Controller) wins out over my Goodwill ($20 for Game Boy Player when it was new-ish). In terms of number of scores, though, Goodwill wins out there since the local Target feeds into it. This arrangement makes the Goodwill a good place to score the occasional penny guides that get donated instead of being trashed. They usually run $2 or $3, but that's better than not getting them at all.

If I'm poking around on any given day, I'll probably visit both Salvation Army and Goodwill.

i don't get to go to sales often.. but finally i got a sat. off so tomorrow i'm off to the races.. heh hopefully i land some Dreamcast stuff.. i kind of missed out.. but it has some games on it that I really want to play at home. and the one i have is either A. broken.. or B.. the controller is broken.. so finding one of those . (fat chance i know) would be cool.. but really i'm excited to at least hunt for something..

[quote name='Trikip']I have a question for all you thrift store goers. Do you tend to have good luck at the Salvation Army with video games (if they have them at all)? It's closer than my nearest Goodwill and you people mostly talk about Goodwill.[/QUOTE]

Go to both, as well as every other thrift in your neck of the woods. There's no science to it. You never know who is going to donate what to where.

Today was my first bust. Saw a sega with sports games for $20, guy wouldn't go down.

I now have competition, at 75% of the sales I went to, the people there said a guy already asked. A guy with a baseball cap. I know who this is, he is a flea market guy, I even bought some stuff off of him a few weeks ago.

This Sucks, now I have to get lucky.

After doing awesome for the last two weeks, only two places today had games, and one was all sports games. So I found:

Gamecube
Super Monkey Ball 2 (missing manual)
Star Wars Rebel Strike: Rogue Squadron III (missing manual)

N64
Goldeneye 007 (cart only)

Total: $5

[quote name='Zon27']I have had far far far far far better luck at Salvation Army than Goodwill. The pricing at Salvation Army is generally better, and overall I've found a lot more stuff at Salvation Army (boxed SNES, boxed NES games, etc).[/quote]

Thanks for telling me. That's very good to hear! I don't have a Goodwill that's very close to me anyway.

I forgot to mention that I did leave my number with 3 different people, 2 who said they had a whole cellar full of olf games they want to get rid of, which is good.

This was the first weekend that I really got to go out and shop. I got several items:

Non-Game:
N64 Game Case- $.50
Goomba McDonald Toy- Free

Dreamcast:
Dreamcast system w/ NFL 2K, 2 controller extensions, 2 VMUs, 1 Memory Card- $5 (down from $10)
Sonic Adventure disc and booklet- $1

Genesis:
Quackshot (donald duck)- $.50
Sonic Spinball in a Sonic 1 case- $.10

PS2-
007 Everything or Nothing GH- $1

Gamecube-
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (poor shape, book tattered and torn)- $2
(This one still had the $39.99 price tag from EB Games)
and
Zelda Collector's edition (No booklet) $2 (TAKE THAT VIRTUAL CONSOLE!!!)

Scattered thunderstorms in my area today so I didn't have a chance to get out this weekend. There didn't seem to be many good sales anyways.

Bleh, nothing good today. Saw Luigi's Mansion for $3, Wario World for $1, neither with manuals. Didn't buy either. Some people said they had N64 things earlier, but sold them already. Oh well, maybe next weekend.

Edit: Apparently Wario World is kinda tough to find. The game only had the disc and case, but I still could have flipped it for $10. Oh well.

my day was a bust.. my girlfriend got a lot of scrapbooking stuff for way way way cheaper then normal.. but all i found gaming related was a 2005 nba live game.. ah well.. sometimes its good sometimes it sucks

After missing two weeks of yard sales due to vehicular failure. at about 12:00 my grandfather came home and told me about a big yard sale that was happening in a shopping center parking lot (there was literally a storage trailer parked there and a family running things, no idea that that was about). He tossed me the keys to his car, and I was off.

The place was a disaster, but I was determined to find something...and, as luck would have it, I stumbled across a milk crate full of Genesis boxes! I picked the crate up and wandered around, noticing there were also two SegaCD games in there. I didn't find anything else of interest until I stumbled across a grimy PSX with no controllers, but the "open" button worked fine. I tossed that in the milk crate, and, after meandering about a little more, I stumbled across a Sega Pico, in its original box, with three "games."

I found the man running the sale and offered him $10 for the contents of my box. He looked at the PSX and the Sega games and quickly said we had a deal.

PSX (no controllers or connectors)
2 Original Sega Genesis Controllers

Genesis Games:
Aladdin (box)
Jungle Strike (complete, even includes Mutant Leage Football miniposter!)
Jurassic Park (complete)
Mortal Kombat (box)
Mortal Kombat II (Box)
NHL '97 (box)
Outrun (box)
Sonic the Hedgehog (not for resale Box)
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (box)
Urban Strike

Sega CD:
NHL '97
Sewer Shark (disc only)
The Masked Rider: Kamen Rider Zo (box and instructions, no game)

Non-Game:
1 milk crate
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8239575@N04/526566403/

TOTAL: $10

I also snagged the Sega Pico for $4. Mainly because it had The Lion King; it also had Ecco Jr. and something I can't remember and am too lazy to check.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8239575@N04/526566433/in/photostream/

TOTAL: $4

I figure its probably a collector's piece. If anyone wants to trade or buy it, send me an offer.

My mother had called me earlier in the day saying she was at a garage sale with games, but was in a hurry. She read some games off to me, apparently though, she didn't hear my OMG BUY IT NOW when she said they had Smash Bros. complete in box for $3, because someone bought it while she was on the phone with me. She did get Superman 64 CiB for $3, though...and gave me the location of the sale.

They had a stack of mediocre X-Box and PS2 games for $5 that I could probably get for that price at GC/GS...but they had Fighting Force 64. Never heard of it, but that means its a game I don't have. I CiF'ed a buck for it, got it.

Fighting Force 64
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8239575@N04/526566449/in/photostream/

TOTAL: $1

It was then time to follow the signs on my way home. The first one had a stack of assorted GB/GBA games and Tony Hawk PSP for $15. There was also a first party GameCube memory card sitting there, which is an unexpected surprise, since the card I had bought from GC a couple months ago was just starting to give me errors. Everything was stickered from $1.50-$3, I offered $5 for the lot and got it.

GB:
Race Drivin'

GBC:
Nicktoons Racing
102 Dalmations

GBA:
Jimmy Neutron vs Jimmy Negatron
Tony Hawk Pro-Skater 2
Cartoon Network GBA Video vol 1.

GC:
First-party memory card

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8239575@N04/526491212/
TOTAL: $5

My last stop didn't look like it would have anything, but lo and behold, a mint PSX under a table with a zip-lock full of its cables and accessories...unfortunately, only one game. I offered $5, they were firm with $10. I examined the contents a little more closely, and noticed the two first-party memory cards and a third controller - a PS2 Dual-Shock 2. $10 it is.

PSX:
System with hookups
2 Dualshock controllers
Spyro the Dragon: Year of the Dragon (complete, GH)
2 Sony Memory Cards

PS2:
Dual-Shock 2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8239575@N04/526491244/
TOTAL: $10

I had pointed out in my attempt to haggle that one of the two games (there is a second unlisted one), some Crash Bandicoot rubbish, was actually a burned copy, but the lady insisted it played fine. Upon examination, also, I noticed this on the back:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8239575@N04/526491248/

I've never seen this switch before on a PSX. The model is SCPH-7501. If they were playing a copied game on it - do you think this badboy is modded? (I hope I'm not violating any rules; I'm just trying to determine IF this existing system has been modded, not HOW to mod). And I don't need to copy games, I've got enough from yard sales and the 75% off at GS to last a lifetime.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']http://www.flickr.com/photos/8239575@N04/526491248/

I've never seen this switch before on a PSX. The model is SCPH-7501. If they were playing a copied game on it - do you think this badboy is modded? (I hope I'm not violating any rules; I'm just trying to determine IF this existing system has been modded, not HOW to mod). And I don't need to copy games, I've got enough from yard sales and the 75% off at GS to last a lifetime.[/quote]

Yep, Modded.

1001248ec8.jpg

I went back out to the same neighborhood as yesterday. Wasn't able to talk anyone down on the few items I had passed on yesterday. I went to the next neighborhood, but I all I found was another netgear router, which I picked up for $2.

This wasn't a yardsale find, but I passed by an EB and found a gamecube component cable for $5. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it since I already have one. I could keep it as a spare, sell it, or trade it.

Some decent finds from last week and today

1001249hx5.jpg

gameboy player w/disc
Paper Mario
GBA Mega Man BN5
TOTAL - $10
Talked a teenage kid down from $25 while dangling $10 in his face

1001253oa0.jpg

Sega Nomad
Toejam and Earl
TOTAL $2
This was a great find. teenage girl had a bunch of sega stuff mostly crap games, a genny2 and a beatup game gear, i asked how much for the nomad and she came back with $8, showing little interest I asked for price on the genny games and she came back with $2 each. Still showing little interest i looked through the games. She then says I could have the Nomad for $5 and games for $1 each. Sounded good to me. Fortunately today I was ill prepared for CIF offers and only had a $100 bill and 2 singles. when I asked if she could break the $100 she said no. She saw the 2 singles and said "just gimmee the $2"

1001256nd2.jpg

Final Fantasy VII GH - Mint except for promo written on case and discs ????/
BOF 3 - MINT
TOTAL- $4
This sale had a stack of PS1 games marked $3 each. I found these gems and CIF'd $4. There were some other decent games I passed on due to serious battle scars

1001248ec8.jpg

Gameboy games and case
T2
golf
Batman
robocop
skate or die - thrash
gremlins 2
F1 Race
TOTAL - .50
Came up to this sale and almost passed it by, there were very few items and mostly xmas decorations. stopped anyway and noticed the closed case on the table with a sticker marked $1. I opened it - saw the games - closed it quickly and CIF'd the lady with .50 which she took. For some reason whenever anything is marked $1 they always take .50

1001259bx1.jpg

12 SNES games cart only
notable
Mario RPG
FF2
mario kart
mario all stars
uniracers
TOTAL - $5
This was a crazy YS. there was crap everywhere. I noticed a SNES with 1 controller and hook ups. After the lady tells me $50. I continue looking around. At the opposite end of her driveway I spot a box w/ VHS tapes and the SNES games in it . I hold up a game and ask how much and she says .50. so i gather up all the games in the box and CIF her the $5 which she takes. Go figure - she wanted $50 for the system and .50 each for the games. Anyways it's been very good on SNES games for me this year so far.

1001250gf1.jpg

PS2 games complete perfect discs
Roller coaster Tycoon
TM Black
Simpsons Road Rage
TOTAL - $3
Asked for games at this sale and the lady came out with these. Telling me $1. I just could'nt bring my cheapass to haggle that.

1001255at3.jpg

PC games
TOTAL- $1
CIF $1 marked at .50 each

1001251qj9.jpg

mixed accessories
N64 power supply
2 sets of N64 AV cables
PS2 multitap
Dreamcast Memory card
N64 memory card
Very nice pair of tommy hilfeger shades - not shown
2 cell phone ear pieces - not shown
TOTAL - $3
This sale had a bunch of crappy PS2 games and a box of wires and such .
The guy wanted $5 each (nothing worthwhile on the games) but when I asked how much for the multitap he said .50 for anything in the box. So I dug out these goodie and was about to pay when I noticed the TH sunglasses. On a long shot I plopped thegoods down in front of him and CIF'd $3 which he surprisingly took without thinking twice.

1001257sr6.jpg

Dreamcast Keyboard
Lion King - complete
TOTAL - .50
Keyboard was in a box marked free. I payed the .50 on the game without countering

Some non gaming finds
New blue suede Timbs - $5
30 or so CD's a .25 each
CD tower - $1
Heavy Duty massager NIB - $2

Nice haul, snotknocker!

An N64 I picked up a couple weeks ago happened to be missing it's A/V cable... You wouldn't have plans for either of the ones you got today, would you? :)

[quote name='theGrue']Nice haul, snotknocker!

An N64 I picked up a couple weeks ago happened to be missing it's A/V cable... You wouldn't have plans for either of the ones you got today, would you? :)[/quote]

I got a few extras, want to trade for them? Send me a PM!

I've been going out regularly for the past few weekends running. I've had a few good finds, but today finally gave me one worth telling about.

I went out early this morning with my sister. Our first stop was a neighborhood sale. The neighborhood in question was essentially a white-collar enclave, newly built in a developing section of our hometown. I could still smell the housepaint at some of these places. I was hoping to scoop up the discarded games of some new Dad with no more time to spare for gaming, but unfortunately all we saw were big piles of chunky plastic in primary colors. Baby toys. No grey plastic or wires to be found.

At about nine, after a bone dry hour, I decided to strike out for the older, poorer suburbs closer to the city. What we needed was a total demographic shift. No more new daddies and soccer moms. It was time to see what grandma and grandpa had lying around their cellar.

Another uneventful hour at another neighborhood sale. My sister bought a dress form from an old woman who'd given up sewing. I bought two books from a fat woman who'd given up reading.

Finally, when all hope seemed lost, I spotted a glimmer of grey at the bottom of a cardboard box. It was underneath a pile of wires and PSX games, and it wasn't anything I recognized. It had an NES cart sticking out of the top, but it was way too tiny to be anything but a cheap Hong Kong NES knockoff. I picked it up and turned it over in my hands.

Nope. I was wrong. Authentic top-loader NES. It was covered in goo and grime and missing its RF switch and dog bone controller, but it was real.

I asked the man whose sale it was how much he wanted and he said, "Well, we were going to let the entire box go for five dollars..."

"Five dollars?" I asked.

"Yup!" he said.

Why the hell not? I gave him my five. He smiled. I smiled. I love it when everyone walks away happy.

In that box, I got not only the top-loader, which is a sweet collector's item now that I've cleaned it up (not to mention an extremely reliable means of playing and testing NES carts), but every Resident Evil game for the PSX, and an NES Advantage. The cart that was sticking out of the top-loader when I found it turned out to be some kind of weird "110 Games!" pirate cart with all sorts of hilarious hacks on it for me to play.

The Advantage and at least a couple of the PSX games will likely wind up on Ebay sometime next week. I'm leaning towards hanging on to the top-loader.

Hooray for garage sales. When you're rich in time and poor in money, there's nothing better.

Hit a few church sales this morning, but it was a bust. A lot of other sales going on today I called or emailed ahead of time asking if they had games. Nope.

I did get a VERY nice SNES system complete, and Mario All-stars/Mario World and Mortal Kombat 2 (both cart only) at a local thrift store for $15. I was going to just get the games for $1.50 each, but the system looked much nicer than my own that a friend gave me. This one had no yellowing at all. Looks brand new.

We have a store nearby that still deals in used games and systems. Trade in value for an SNES system is $37. So I couldn't really say no.

I have so much better luck in thrift store than at sales.

[quote name='theGrue']Nice haul, snotknocker!

An N64 I picked up a couple weeks ago happened to be missing it's A/V cable... You wouldn't have plans for either of the ones you got today, would you? :)[/quote]

I wish I could hook you up but I'm still looking to pick up more of these myself. I still have several bare bones systems in need. If I ever get on the plus side with cables i'll keep you in mind.

Luck turned around for me today. I made a huge score at the flea market today. I think I got some better deals because it was slightly raining and people wanted to get in and out. SORRY THE PICTURES WERE TAKEN WITH MY ISIGHT.

$5- NES System in Box with 2 Controllers, Arcade Stick, no AV.

This was an easy buy for me. I was really looking for an NES is box, and for $5 I couldn't pass it up. Game with SMB/DH. No packaging inside, just the box. The NES and controllers were in GREAT condition, a new replacement next to my tv.
Photo8-1.jpg

$14- PS2 Games
- Tony Hawk 4
- 007 NightfireSocom II
- Area 51 (In a blockbuster case)
- Simpsons Road Rage
- Spyro- Enter the dragon
- Def Jam FF NY

Photo13.jpg

This elderly couple had these, said they were their son's. I asked how much, she said $4 a piece. I tried to get them to $10 , they said $20, so I kept walking. I came back about 10 minutes later and they said they were packing up and they would take $15, I said all I had was $14 (lying) and they took it.

Now this next one was a very interesting buy. I spotted a box FULL of game stuff, some Dreamcasts, some NESs, ect. I asked the guy how much, he said $50, I looked at the stuff and it was all pretty dirty. And the n64 had some cat piss on it (he admitted to that). I said no thanks. Again, kept walking, came back and he offered that box along with a box of about 4 2600's and maybe 25 games.

I continued to say no thanks, I only wanted the non-atari stuff. I said how about $25 CIF, since he could easily get $25 for that other box of Atari shit. After some back and forth he took the $25. Here is what I got:

$25: Box of Systems
- 2 Sega Dreamcast (both is very good condition after I cleaned them up)
- 2 Dreamcast controllers (1st party)
- 1 DC AV cord

- 2 NES Systems, one missing the lid.

Both work pretty well to my surprise. The 72-pin conectors are pretty gone, but I am going to order 5 of those soon to start replacing the ones in my NESs.

-1 NES power cord.

- N64 System complete (with free cat piss)

I was able to clean this pretty well with Mr. Clean anti-bacterial cleaner and the magic eraser. Works fine, needs cleaning inside though.

- 3 N64 Controllers (Gray)

- 1 Sega Genesis (it says "High Definition Graphics" on the top. I never have seen that before. Picture Below)

- 2 Sega Controllers, Working.

- NBA 2K (Dreamcast)
- NBA 95 (Gene)
- NFL 95 (Gene)
- Urban Chaos

All for $25, not a bad deal as all the systems work, just needed some cleaning.
Photo10-1.jpg

Photo11.jpg

[quote name='Larrabee213']Luck turned around for me today. I made a huge score at the flea market today. I think I got some better deals because it was slightly raining and people wanted to get in and out. SORRY THE PICTURES WERE TAKEN WITH MY ISIGHT.

$5- NES System in Box with 2 Controllers, Arcade Stick, no AV.

This was an easy buy for me. I was really looking for an NES is box, and for $5 I couldn't pass it up. Game with SMB/DH. No packaging inside, just the box. The NES and controllers were in GREAT condition, a new replacement next to my tv.
Photo8-1.jpg

$14- PS2 Games
- Tony Hawk 4
- 007 NightfireSocom II
- Area 51 (In a blockbuster case)
- Simpsons Road Rage
- Spyro- Enter the dragon
- Def Jam FF NY

Photo13.jpg

This elderly couple had these, said they were their son's. I asked how much, she said $4 a piece. I tried to get them to $10 , they said $20, so I kept walking. I came back about 10 minutes later and they said they were packing up and they would take $15, I said all I had was $14 (lying) and they took it.

Now this next one was a very interesting buy. I spotted a box FULL of game stuff, some Dreamcasts, some NESs, ect. I asked the guy how much, he said $50, I looked at the stuff and it was all pretty dirty. And the n64 had some cat piss on it (he admitted to that). I said no thanks. Again, kept walking, came back and he offered that box along with a box of about 4 2600's and maybe 25 games.

I continued to say no thanks, I only wanted the non-atari stuff. I said how about $25 then, since he could easily get $25 for that other box of Atari shit. After some back and forth he took the $25. Here is what I got:

$25: Box of Systems
- 2 Sega Dreamcast (both is very good condition after I cleaned them up)
- 2 Dreamcast controllers (1st party)
- 1 DC AV cord

- 2 NES Systems, one missing the lid.

Both work pretty well to my surprise. The 72-pin conectors are pretty gone, but I am going to order 5 of those soon to start replacing the ones in my NESs.

-1 NES power cord.

- N64 System complete (with free cat piss)

I was able to clean this pretty well with Mr. Clean anti-bacterial cleaner and the magic eraser. Works fine, needs cleaning inside though.

- 3 N64 Controllers (Gray)

- 1 Sega Genesis (it says "High Definition Graphics" on the top. I never have seen that before. Picture Below

- 2 Sega Controllers, Working.

- NBA 2K (Dreamcast)
- NBA 95 (Gene)
- NFL 95 (Gene)
- Urban Coaos

All for $25, not a bad deal as all the systems work, just needed some cleaning.
Photo10-1.jpg

Photo11.jpg
[/quote]

Ah, "How much for this box?" is my FAVORITE video game shopping game :applause:

We all know that as long as you get what you want lying is ok, right? If I had to lie to get my gaming deals, I'd go without.

[quote name='ragtop70']We all know that as long as you get what you want lying is ok, right? If I had to lie to get my gaming deals, I'd go without.[/quote]

Isn't that the same as using the empty wallet tactic? I had $14 in my pocket, showed it to them and they took it. They could have said no.

Anybody want to part with their Mario All Stars at a reasonable price? If so, please PM me.

If I show an empty wallet, my pocket is empty too. I realize this isn't church. If you feel ok with what you did, fine.

FIGHT!

1001262kg6.jpg

PS1
Street Fighter Collection
Street Fighter Alpha - Warriors Dream
Street Fighter EX plus a
Tekken
Tekken 2
Tekken 3
Samurai Showdown III - Blades of Blood
Battle Arena Toshinden
Medal of Honor

SATURN
Fighters Megamix
Last Bronx

DC
Soulcalibur

TOTAL - $7

PS2
Spiderman 2
Formula 1 2001
TOTAL - $2

Got this from 2 sales. PS2 games were from a seperate sale. Went out this morning for a couple of hours. Hit about 15 sales that were a complete bust before I came across this stuff. I was driving down a street and I saw this guy turn aroud from his garage with a stack of what appeared to be games. I knew this because I spotted the infamous GH green label. As I walked up I noticed a couple of Saturn games. After inspecting the stuff and chatting a bit to see if he had anymore stuff. I asked a price on everything. He said How about $10? I countered with
How about $7? (not CIF) He took it. All the games are complete and discs are like new except for Toshinden which has some moderate scratching

After I left this sale I drove about a block and hit another sale and asked for games. The lady said her son had some but he was too lazy to go through them. So I got in my car and was examining condition on the games I just bought and about 5 min goes by and out comes the lady with about 10 PS2 games. So I was like how much and she replies with $2 or $1. I opted for the $1 game instead of $2 a game and pulled these 2 games out of the stack. The rest were older sports titles with heavy scratching so I passed

[quote name='Larrabee213']Isn't that the same as using the empty wallet tactic? I had $14 in my pocket, showed it to them and they took it. They could have said no.[/quote]
In the future just tell em something like "All I have in my budget is $14"
or just CIF the $14 and say "this is all I can give you for it"

My yardsaling techniques have changed drastically since I started. I'll admit that I have often lied in the past about not having any more cash on me and sometimes felt kinda bad afterwards. Now I mostly opt to rely on my haggleing skills. However depending on the situation, my will may not be strong enough and I could succumb at anytime to deception. I honestly try to do the right thing but it does'nt always pan out that way.

As you hone your skills you'll see time after time you'll be able to get positive results without having to tell a lie. Often, insinuateing lack of interest in something can produce a really good deal. I have noticed that most sellers tend to try and hit you harder if you show any kind of excitement in what they are selling. For the most part sellers view the bulk of their stuff as junk they want to get rid of. once you show them otherwise they will exploit it to get more than what the originally wanted. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back