Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

^ Nice church sales are usualy full of games unless kids are helping then the games dissapear.

My sister has off work tomorrow so she will do some scouting for me and hopefully purchase some good stuff...sadly she is afraid to CIF.

[quote name='karkyco']Isn't that the retarded "3-D Field" thing where you punch above the red/black screen and it registers the movement or something? Prehistoric Wii type technology, along with the Power Glove?[/quote]

Yes indeed, looks cool, sounds cool, plays like shit.

[quote name='Sinnbox']^ Nice church sales are usualy full of games unless kids are helping then the games dissapear.

[/QUOTE]

So church sales are good huh. There is one by me on saturday that I was going to go to. Did you try to CIF at the church sales?

I CIF'd the church sale I went to, got a hardcover copy of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe (oldish version) and Street Fighter II (cartoon series, VHS) for $1 when they wanted a buck a piece. They wouldn't take any lower and I really wanted both of em...

I didn't get the chance to post my finds from last week but let me put them up now:

This picture is from 3 different sales but decided to group them in one picture. It seems that this day was the day for books. I picked up the following:

Worlds of Power: Castlevania 2
Conquering Sega Genesis Games
Nintendo Power Mag
Super Mario Bros: Trapped in the Perilous Pit
Super Mario Bros Coloring and Activity book (x2)
Super Mario Sticker Book

After all was said and done, I paid a total of $2 for all the book from 3 sales. Not to bad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2555174429/

No major story here... I went tot hte game store in the neighboring town and stopped at the thrift store there before I headed over. I picked up the following creamcast game:

Sonic Adventure 2 (complete)

I ended up giving $2 for it which is a pretty good deal...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2556001640/

Nothing really major here. I picked up Icewind Dale for PC for $1. That is my big story here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2555174689/

This was a little interesting. I went to this sale in hopes of games by the way the ad was described. I got there and there was a bag of SNES games marked 3 each. I glanced through the bag and noticed mostly one genre... sports... I took the bag tot he woman running the sale and I CIF'd $15. No bite. She said they were her brother's so she would have to call him to see what he would take for the whole bag since there were 16 games in it. They told me the lowest that it could be sold for was $30. I politely said no but did take the following:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4
Spiderman and X-Men: Arcade's Revenge

I ended up giving $5 for these together but worth it to get a decent copy of TMNT 4

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2556001412/

Whew! Took my bike out to hit a nearby neighborhood sale. After about an hour and 30+ houses, I came up with zip on the video-game front (not a single copy of Madden even!). However, I did manage to snag:

The Daily Show: Indecision 2004
Super Troopers (Sealed)

Both for $3 (down from $4). I also spent a buck on a glass of ice-tea from a burgeoning entrepreneur. Not a great day, but on the plus side, a 1 hour bike ride + 85 degree weather = one heck of a workout. I've decided that Thursday and Friday sales will be bike or walking only, since they seem to be pretty slim pickings compared to weekend sales.

I didn't have much luck this morning. The first sale I went to, which had advertised games, didn't have any since the one lady forgot to bring them over. I might go back tomorrow. I did get a Death of Superman graphic novel from them for a $1.

The next neighborhood I went to didn't really have anything, but I did give an email address to this one lady who said she had a bunch of stuff in here basement that she wanted to get rid of. I'm hoping that works out.

The next neighborhood was a little better. I got a complete Parasite Eve for $3 and Star Wars Jedi Outcast for the gamecube for $3. I didn't finish the last neighborhood I went to since it was so hot.

Picked up a bunch of crap today. For some reason, people seem to really love Sim games in my city.

$10:
The Sims: Hot Date
The Sims: Makin' Magic
The Sims: Superstar
The Sims: Unleashed
The Sims: Vacation

All were complete with box and manuals so for $2 each I figured why the fuck not, it'll look good on the shelf

$8:
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2

Complete, good condition, and not Greatest Hits so I bit; it's cheaper than eBay when you take shipping into account anyway

$10:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2 for Xbox 360

Eh well, another mint condition game. Looked brand new and I wanted it anyway, and it was cheaper than the GameStop and eBay price so why not

$1: 007 From Russia with Love (PS2)
$2: Sonic Pinball Party (GBA)
$2: Spyro Season of Ice (GBA)
$3: Super Monkey Ball 2 (GC)
$3: Blinx 2

$10:
The Sims
SimAnt
SimCity 2000
SimFarm
SimIsle
SimPark
SimSafari

Heh, I couldn't pass this one up. Look at all the Sim games! Crazy

Anyways I was kind of disappointed with garage sales this week, they were pricy and it was hard to get people to haggle down. I got some decent deals, but not great deals. Also why does everyone always want $30 for a used PS1? Third time in recent weeks that I've encountered a PS1, and they're all priced at that point. fuck that.

Totaled up, 20 games for $49, hmm, well it's better than a GameStop haul

The Sims: Hot Date
The Sims: Makin' Magic
The Sims: Superstar
The Sims: Unleashed
The Sims: Vacation
The Sims
SimAnt
SimCity 2000
SimFarm
SimIsle
SimPark
SimSafari

That has to be more Sims then one human could possibly play in a lifetime.

One good find today:

Dragon Quest 8 complete $1

Which means the extra copy I have that is disk only is UP FOR GRABS, if anyone wants it for $2 paypal (to cover shippng) you can get a disk only working copy of DQ8 for free :) :) :) :)

*edit* its been claimed :)

Drumroll please and pic soon I promise

After my interview for an IT job (which went amazing/awesome), I stopped by mobile home park on my way home that was having a huge yard sale about 11 am

The first mobile home I stopped by told me they had lefterovers from a comic book shop. There were x-files action figures, x-files comics, star trek and star wars cards, marvel collecting cards, a lot of complete sets, some other comicy/geeky junk. I would have bit on some of the marvel comic cards, but they're not worth much right now.

Then I saw it in a box with a $30 price tag, a complete, super mint, Sega CDX, with power cord, rf unit, 2 controllers, manual, and sega mini catalog, and the system pack.

Games
Sonic CD complete
Ecco CD complete
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective (game only)
Sega Classics Complete

The older man kept pushing for $25 but the nice lady said if I took it up to teh table I could get a discount, after testing the unit I took it up there.
She asked, What do you think it's worth?
I could have said $5, but I went with $10 and $10 it was.

And to show you the value, one auction, almost exactly what I got
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Track=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us
Pics later when my camera charges

The other garage sales I went to with the promise of video games on Craigslist just had crappy overpriced ps2 games.

Anyways this might go on my TL, I might keep it, if I can get some other cheap games, or I might sell it.

[quote name='Xizer']Anyways I was kind of disappointed with garage sales this week, they were pricy and it was hard to get people to haggle down. I got some decent deals, but not great deals. Also why does everyone always want $30 for a used PS1? Third time in recent weeks that I've encountered a PS1, and they're all priced at that point. fuck that.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to notice more stuff like this at yardsales, not really on games in particular but outrages prices on certain things that make me thing are you serious? I saw a few old TVs that I would guess were from the early 90s two that were about 12-14 inches marked $25 each and one that was about 21-24 inches marked $50 min They also had a card catalog thing from the local library with 9 drawers for the low price of $150! They would probably be lucky to even have someone stop by their sale with $150 on hand let alone someone that would pay anywhere near that much for the card catalog. It seems as if every year more people think of yardsales as easy way of making money on old junk and not a easy way of getting rid of it. I see little things like this every week now for example I see at least one VHS marked $10 every single weekend it seems.

I remember going to a garage sale once, and there was used crap that the people wanted new prices for. Seriously, I could go to Wal Mart and find it cheaper there. I also hate it when people print a thing from Ebay showing the price its going for, and they are selling it maybe a dollar or two cheaper.

Well, remember when I said the lady at the sale I bought my NES at said it was broken? I just tested it, and it works perfectly.
The lady said that somebody bought it at the sale and brought it back because it was "broken", but when I looked inside the cartridge slot after buying it, I found the problem. Guess what it was? The cartridge wasn't pushed down. So yah, I guess whoever bought it must not of pushed the cartridge down inside the NES and thought it was broken.

Segasonic01, I would post pics of the Sonic plush, but my camera isn't working now. I'll instead post this "stock" picture.
SX7418S-120.jpg

The plush I got is about 3 times bigger than this one, but I couldn't find a pic of a bigger one.

I did something new today that worked!! a lady told me she had a NES at home and would take my number and give me a call, I said I'm not sure when i will be in town next, can i get your number and give you a call? she said sure, now i have the number, I'll do this more often. Most people that take numbers seem to forget them.

[quote name='kube00']Drumroll please and pic soon I promise

After my interview for an IT job (which went amazing/awesome), I stopped by mobile home park on my way home that was having a huge yard sale about 11 am

The first mobile home I stopped by told me they had lefterovers from a comic book shop. There were x-files action figures, x-files comics, star trek and star wars cards, marvel collecting cards, a lot of complete sets, some other comicy/geeky junk. I would have bit on some of the marvel comic cards, but they're not worth much right now.

Then I saw it in a box with a $30 price tag, a complete, super mint, Sega CDX, with power cord, rf unit, 2 controllers, manual, and sega mini catalog, and the system pack.

Games
Sonic CD complete
Ecco CD complete
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective (game only)
Sega Classics Complete
[/QUOTE]

Lucky! I've always wanted a Sega CDX. I currently have a Genesis Model 1, Sega CD, and Sega 32X, and it's a monster. Easily the biggest system I have with all that shit put together, and way bigger than my Xbox. I have to dedicate an entire surge protector to keeping all those fucking box plugs plugged in at once.

My CDX luck was that i saw one for $20 and thought it was a CD player saw it on the net that night, went back to get it and it was gone. :(

[quote name='Sinnbox']My CDX luck was that i saw one for $20 and thought it was a CD player saw it on the net that night, went back to get it and it was gone. :([/quote] That sucks. >.<

Is a CDX like a genesis CD and 32x in one?

I'm happy, the storm that was supposed to hit us tomorrow morning sped up today and should be ending about 6. AM!!! Hopefully there will be alot of sales!!

Nah not to thread crap a CDX is a late model sega system that combines a sega cd/sega genesis/portable cd and CD+G(karaoke)player in one.

Wikipedia says they are rare and sell for lots, (they sell for okay amounts nothing too great)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Multi-Mega

And links to pics of my find
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/kube00/busiiness/DSCN0716.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/kube00/busiiness/dscn0715.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/kube00/busiiness/DSCN0714.jpg

Hey Sinn, snot, mal -

Curious -
When leaving your name/number
Do you -
Have a simple business card?
Name/number printed on paper?
or just write it each time on a piece of paper?
I ask due to the "perception" of the seller's value if they do find something...does a business card give them pause to ask more?

I was thinking of just printing my first name, phone number, old~new video game enthusiast - on a slip of paper to save time.

Thanks in advance!

No sales yesterday, and only two today. Then one of the sales was a repeat from last week, they didn't even put out new stuff or change the prices of their stuff. And they wonder why that household crap didn't sell...

Anyways, the second sale didn't look too good, bunch of young girl stuff and a radical pink bicycle. However in the books there was a Prima guide for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, wanted $5, CIF'd a buck.

Asked about games and she said that her son didn't go through his stuff, so no. She told me to try next year.

Maybe better luck next week...

The Japanese lady that sold me the Super Famicom called me again yesterday and told me she found a few more games for the system, and to see if I wanted them since she had no use for them. I told her sure, and arranged to pick them up yesterday after work.

So I get there and she gives me 2 games for free (well, I already paid the $20) that make this overall deal just, well, amazing. Definitely recognizable. I actually took some pics yesterday night of some of the games and the system. I still haven't had a chance to play with it.

#1 is the system. I've cleaned the unit up a bit (wasn't too dirty or anything, but that smell is annoying...so I threw a fabric softener sheet in the box)

Shot #2 is of Super Mario World 1 and 2 (Yoshi's Island)

#3 are a couple of the games I don't recognize (besides the Dragonball Z game)...anyone have any ideas what these 2 on top are??? I guess I will have to play them to figure it out.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, the money shots. I went back and got...
DragonQuest VI and a complete Final Fantasy VI...I didn't realize Romancing SaGa 3 was in their either. There's another 7 games I will take pics of.

^^^ The one on the right is YU YU HAKUSHO. I remember the one on the left, but I don't remember the name. You can ask in the Anime thread, but beware- they are vultures! Do me a favor and tell them Ninja Scroll is the best movie ever.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^ The one on the right is YU YU HAKUSHO. I remember the one on the left, but I don't remember the name. You can ask in the Anime thread, but beware- they are vultures! Do me a favor and tell them Ninja Scroll is the best movie ever.[/quote]

Thanks Slowdive. YuYu Hakusho, that sounds familiar. I'm guessing it's a fighting game judging from the pic of all the people on it (I was hoping it was another JRPG).

I'm afraid to enter the Anime thread. I will play the game and see if I can't come up with a name for it. Kind of looks like Legend of Mystical Ninja Goemon or whatever that was called.

I never knew they made Romancing SaGas for the Super Famicom...I thought the first one was on PS1 or PS2.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I did something new today that worked!! a lady told me she had a NES at home and would take my number and give me a call, I said I'm not sure when i will be in town next, can i get your number and give you a call? she said sure, now i have the number, I'll do this more often. Most people that take numbers seem to forget them.[/quote]

I think what you did is the better method. It works better too if any CAGs meet a man/woman they are interested in to get their number, rather than give yours out. If a woman asks for my number I tell her, "I don't give it out, but I will take yours...I don't want to get any random calls at 2AM!" :cool:

As far as sales go, I got some beanies for .25 each and saw a 2600 with the box and 7 or 8 games for $20, then they droped it to $15, offered $5 and they said no.

[quote name='donut']Hey Sinn, snot, mal -

Curious -
When leaving your name/number
Do you -
Have a simple business card?
Name/number printed on paper?
or just write it each time on a piece of paper?
I ask due to the "perception" of the seller's value if they do find something...does a business card give them pause to ask more?

I was thinking of just printing my first name, phone number, old~new video game enthusiast - on a slip of paper to save time.

Thanks in advance![/quote]

I just leave it on a piece of paper, having a business card that says somethign about games just makes sellers want more for their merch.

I will get pics up later, im still im town waiting for a store to open. today was pretty lame, to start off I went backwards on my route and at the last house i stopped at(would have been my first on my regular route) I was told Ya I just sold a big box of old Nintendos and games for $8!! I said yesterdayand she said no 5 minutes ago!! DANG!!

I did manage to grab somg GC games from a seller I didnt CIF because he got hit by a tornado yesterday and all his posessions were layingin his yard so he was sellgin them like a garage sale!!

another house i stopped at had no games out but when i asked the owner said just a second and went into the house. the other lady at the sale then proceded to tell me how the lady just lost her husband in a accident and was just starting to learn to walk again.....the lady then took me to a shed in her backyard and gave me a box of her husbands old games and took my number for more boxes she knew she had but couldnt fin dat the moment, I went back later and got another bex, she said she has more and she will call me again, I felt bad for her so i dropped her $35 for what i got, nothing special but some boxed SNES stuff, and some games i didnt have yet.

I'll get pics up later.

Well, today wasn't bad for sales.

At one I got all these GCN games for $20 total.
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex
Lord Of The Rings: The 3rd Age
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Pokemon Colosseum
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Mario Party 7

All are complete and scratch free except for MP7, which is missing the manual.

At another I got Lemmings for PC for 25 cents. It has the CD case and manual but no cardboard box.

Non gaming related I got a bean bag chair and a stuffed monkey.

[quote name='darkslime']Non gaming related I got a bean bag chair and a stuffed monkey.[/quote]

Pics of the monkey please? :D

[quote name='Undrallio']Pics of the monkey please? :D[/quote] Ok, later today. I am too cheap to buy a camera and will have to borrow one.

Went to a large community sale, walked around for 2 hours in the heat and sun...and was only able to pick up:

PS1, 2 controllers, all cords: 3 bucks

Not bad but I have 4 systems that can play ps1 games so this is getting boxed.

Wow, I spent way too much today ($70 at one sale alone) but I've got some great stuff to show for it. Super Nintendo RPGs would have to be today's motif.

I'll post everything tomorrow, probably -- I've got to mow the lawn, etc. before work

But yeah. Two Earthbounds.

Ok, I have pics now. As I said earlier my main GS town got hit by 3 tornados last night so alot of the garage sales were canceled/destroyed!!
Most of the Items in my pictures came from a lady that was disabled and she went and dug around in her shed for them so i felt bad and didn't CIF. She said she has 1-2 more boxes in her garage that she will dig up after her sale ends and give me a call!!

The 2 GC games I got at a house that i thought was a sale but when i asked if they had any nintendo games for sale they guy said that they were just cleaning thier yard up from the tornado but he pulled them out and gave them to me for $10

The 2 guides I got for $1 from some kid.

The FFVII I got at the local Game store for $15 It is disk only but i have an extra case.
in total I only paid $60 but i missed 2 large NES lots, one was a huge NES/SNES lot that was sold 5 minutes before i got there for $8!! the other was a "Box Full" that some lady sold yesterday.
Here are my pics.
100_1451.JPG

100_1450.JPG

Planned on two community sales and another one near them, but torrential rain up until about an hour ago pretty much canned that idea.

Last week was a bust, so by the natural order of things, this week was pretty great.

dsc04628hm5.jpg

- NES 2 w/ Hookups, 2 Standard Controllers, 1 DogBone Controller, 1 Zapper
- Paperboy
- Paperboy 2
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- RBI Baseball 2
- Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- The Ultimate Stuntman
- Bases Loaded 3
Total: $20

Like MvC2 two weeks ago, my best find was at the first sale of the day, close to home. I've been wanting an NES 2 for a while, so I didn't try to haggle it down much, just to $20 from $25.

dsc04629hu6.jpg

- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Total: $5

Found someone with an N64 that they'd been meaning to put on eBay. They had the system, two controllers, and a bunch of games still in boxes. Unfortunately, the games were mostly 3rd party junk like Virtual Pool, and unfortunately, they were asking $100. I managed to haggle them down from $10 on this one, since it was the only one I was interested in playing.

dsc04630cl6.jpg

- Rainbow Six
- Croc
- Spyro the Dragon
- Tomb Raider II
- Tomb Raider III
- Twisted Metal
- Crash Bandicoot
- Final Fantasy IX (Missing Disc 1 :cry:)
- Beast Wars: Transformers
- Syphon Filter
Total: $5

50 cent PS1 games, why the heck not?

dsc04631st5.jpg

- We

[quote name='karkyco']

#3 are a couple of the games I don't recognize (besides the Dragonball Z game)...anyone have any ideas what these 2 on top are??? I guess I will have to play them to figure it out.

[/quote]Top left is a dodgeball game, though I can't read enough kanji to tell you more, sorry.

I was quite surprised to find a Super Famicom in Virgina a couple of months ago at goodwill for $9.99 :) Even in Akihabara, they sell for around 4000 yen (~$40)

Drove around quite a bit today but didn't find much.

1. Lady wanted $5 each I offered here $7 for budokai 3 and ratchet deadlocked . The ratchet is mint.
books0022.jpg

2.Nice Young lady was selling stuff for her boyfriend which was playing with their child up front. He said $5 she said $4 I said $3 but she won't not go below $4 so I said thanks and Started to walk alway. Then she caught up to me and said ok $3 " but I'll tell my boyfriend I sold it for $5"
Afro samurai director's cut mint
books0032.jpg

3. My best find of the day. Lady wanted $5 said it was basically new. I offered $3 she took it quick.
Logitech MoMo steering wheel and pedals with box. Mint as well.
books0012.jpg

[quote name='theGrue']Another one of those great finds from someone's basement. This Bandai MEGA controller is pretty pimp...[/QUOTE]

I actually used to have a Mega Controller way back when. A neat find I'd say for a (somewhat) oddball NES accessory. I've been thinking that it would be cool to get one again if I saw one. The only thing I remember and liked most about the controller is that it had a little mini game in which you could try and press the A or B button as many times as you could in a certain amount of time and the LCD screen would tally up how many times you pressed it.

Another fun day today, wish I would have ventured out yesterday...

At a home with a Bunch of boy's soccer gear, asked about games.
Young man brings out -
All GC - Madden 07 complete, PC Mario Golf no manual, Mario Sunshine complete, Super Smash complete, & NFL Street 2 complete - offered $10, young man was fine, mom! interceded! (lol) whispering...accepted...I thought it was a generous offer...sigh

Fancy neighborhood sale...pretty much dry as a bone...
360 Saints complete $10, accepted $5

Coming back from fancy neighborhood, hit a single sale...Boooyah!
Slim PS2 complete with remote
6 games all mint/complete - DDR Max, DDRMax2, GTA San Andreas, Tekken4, GH FF X-2, Xenosaga
2 dance pads in great shape
$30 (lil haggling)

Older house sale
Partial Dark Shadows series...this scared the crap out of me when I was a kid....other half will transfer these to DVD...can't wait to watch these and see why I remember being so scared of this series...now to find/borrow the rest of the set...Offered $1

First sale of the day -
Beat up, filthy fatty PS2 (how much?) only $40...or you can make an offer (hmmm it's a beautiful day and I do not want to start your sale by giving you an insulting offer)....(seller laughs)
Twilight Zone movie (sealed) Offered $1

Yuppy house selling snses eventually -
64 pokemon game - $.25

Headding home, followed a sign (I mostly map out my day) Sealed PS2 GH 1/2 combo $2!, PS2 new 3rd party guitar $5, 5 64 games NBA Courtside, 1080, Vigilante 8, Gretzky 3D Hockey, & Star Wars Episode 1 Racer $1 ($8 TTL) lil haggling for 64 games

Not pictured -
Excellent 21 speed girl's bike $8 (posting on craigs for $25)
2 boxes of free LPs, (looking up the titles for possible value later)

4 Free! boxes of Emergence from a rep's house, I take this everyday! on sale this is $32 of free product

CIMG0845.jpg

CIMG0846.jpg

CIMG0844.jpg

Picked up a couple things at a huge community sale.

It was mostly a boring day and I am sure it would have been more eventful if I actually asked the sellers if they had any Video Games for sale. Oh well...

here is what I came up with:

$5 for a framed full size Star Trek IV movie poster
No Picture of this one, but I thought it was pretty good deal the frame itself is worth atleast $20-$30

I almost gave up hope then I came across this

$40 for a Brand New sealed Psyclone HDMI Source Selector
032.jpg

Nice find theGrue on the Top loader, I have only found 2 in the wild. I have never seen a Paperboy 2 in the wild...or at a store for that matter. Is is a semi rare?

For the first time this year i actually came across something. My local village was having their annual village wide sales and overall they were a dud.

1st sale. Unfortunatly I was not able to snag this as i missed it when i went back to get it but i was with my grandparents and they were bringing me home to get my money and i came across a Sega Game Gear basically mint with Sonic 2 and Lemmings for 10 bucks. I was going to get them down to 5 but i decided to get my money first as my grandparents bought me GTA 4 last week and i didnt wanna bother them anymore. I went back to get it and of course its gone :(.

2nd sale. This one i think i got a pretty good deal. Didnt really expect much but all of a sudden i came across 2 Xbox 1's. So he had 35 for both and i decided to let the day go on to see if i found anything else. I go back and thier still there. So I cif'ed him 20 for both and he threw in the dvd dongle, 1 duke controller, 2 S controllers, the av and power cables and the original manual lol. Best of all both Xbox's work although they both have dvd drive problems. Probably just gonna turn them into media centers.

Rest of the day....... Came across a gamecube but way over priced at 40 dollars, PSP for 180 dollars, Fat PS2 with about 40 games at 200 dollars (was gonna buy but i did not have enough money), and the most expensive of all a WII with 3 games for 600 dollars lol. That was it for games though. Not a great turnout like usual. Can't wait for my village wide in august. Usually find amazing deals then.

Ill post pictures later.

[quote name='dodgeme']For the first time this year i actually came across something. My local village was having their annual village wide sales and overall they were a dud.

1st sale. Unfortunatly I was not able to snag this as i missed it when i went back to get it but i was with my grandparents and they were bringing me home to get my money and i came across a Sega Game Gear basically mint with Sonic 2 and Lemmings for 10 bucks. I was going to get them down to 5 but i decided to get my money but i decided to get my money first as my grandparents bought me GTA 4 last week and i didnt wanna bother them anymore. I went back to get it and of course its gone :(.

2nd sale. This one i think i got a pretty good deal. Didnt really expect much but all of a sudden i came across 2 Xbox 1's. So he had 35 for both and i decided to let the day go on to see if i found anything else. I go back and thier still there. So I cif'ed him 20 for both and he threw in the dvd dongle, 1 duke controller, 2 S controllers, the av and power cables and the original manual lol. Best of all both Xbox's work although they both have dvd drive problems. Probably just gonna turn them into media centers.

Rest of the day....... Came across a gamecube but way over priced at 40 dollars, PSP for 180 dollars, Fat PS2 with about 40 games at 200 dollars (was gonna buy but i did not have enough money), and the most expensive of all a WII with 3 games for 600 dollars lol. That was it for games though. Not a great turnout like usual. Can't wait for my village wide in august. Usually find amazing deals then.

Ill post pictures later.[/quote]

LOL, you saying Village made me think you were from africa or something.

[quote name='cranguy']Top left is a dodgeball game, though I can't read enough kanji to tell you more, sorry.

I was quite surprised to find a Super Famicom in Virgina a couple of months ago at goodwill for $9.99 :) Even in Akihabara, they sell for around 4000 yen (~$40)[/quote]the one on the right is a yu-yu hakishow game

[quote name='Sinnbox']
Most of the Items in my pictures came from a lady that was disabled and she went and dug around in her shed for them so i felt bad and didn't CIF. She said she has 1-2 more boxes in her garage that she will dig up after her sale ends and give me a call!!
[/quote]

Snotknocker would have CIFed $5 and once it was accepted he would throw it on the ground for her to pick up. Just kidding...Nice finds for you this week!

LOL, I'll prbably CIF the heck out of her if she calls about the other boxes, I find that if you CIF someone and then ask them to call you they seem to not call...lol.

BTW yesterday a lady at a sale told me she had a NES at home, her son called today and i'm going to get it monday!! I hope it has good stuff and not all duplicates.

$1
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for the PC
-complete with box, mint condition

$2
NFL 2K3 (Xbox)
NHL 2K3 (Xbox)
ESPN NFL 2K5 (Xbox)
- Mint + complete and well, I've been thinking about heading down to GameStop and buying copies of all their $1 Xbox sports games for collecting purposes so I figured I'd get a head start

$3
A Bug's Life (PS1)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Xbox)

$3
Halo 2 (Xbox)
The Urbz: Sims in the City (GameCube)
- All three complete and good condition

$4
Yourself! Fitness (Xbox)
- I had to buy this it was just such a weird "game," plus it was mint and complete

$5
Ballz (Gen)
Bio Hazard Battle (Gen)
Castlevania: Bloodlines (Gen)
Shaq-Fu (Gen)
The Incredible Hulk (Gen)
Road Rash 64
The Godfather (Xbox)
Virtua Racing (Gen)
Winback: Covert Operations (N64)
Game Boy Advance and Pokémon Game Boy Color velcro bags

Well, I managed to end up with another Sims game today, this one for the GameCube. I also saw another set of the original Sims with expansion packs today, but I passed. At this rate I'm going to end up collecting every Sim game ever released.

Also, these people areally loved shitty Genesis games at this one sale for some reason. Whatever, now I can say I own a game called "Ballz" and I can proudly put up a copy of Shaq-Fu on the shelf with case.

That Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic find was pretty awesome.

Passed on a $50 Xbox, lots of shitty sports games for $3, and a $75 Xbox with like 10 shitty sports games that came bundled with it

Also passed on a $110 fat PS2, lol wtf

Been on vacation the last two weekends, so didn't think I was going to be able to hit any sales. Glad I didn't have high expectations because I only saw ONE yard sale sign the entire time I was there. However, I decided to hit it just for the heck of it, even though it was 11 a.m. when I got there. Walking up the driveway and instantly recognized a couple N64 cartridges. Picked them both up and asked for more game stuff. Had a PS2 phat w/ 2 controllers for $25. Not bad, but didn't have room for it on the return trip. Also had a broken DS Phat (cracked hinge and scratched touch surface) for $2.

Got:
Smash Bros
Mario Kart 64
Broken DS Phat

$5

Hoping to get back on the trail again next weekend.

bread's done
Back