Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

Man, you guys are lucky. The past three weeks it has been nothing but GameCube, PS2 and Xbox games with an occasional shitty Genesis game.

I don't know why classic games are so rare here.

NES System Complete w/2 controllers, 17 Games
Spy Hunter
Top Gun
Shinobi
Bionic Commando
Mike Tyson's Punchout
Ice Hockey
Joust
Dragon Warrior
Bases Loaded II
Major League Baseball
Super Mario 3
Super Mario Duck Hunt
Wrecking Crew
Burgertime
Excitebike
Superspike V-Ball
Cool box of Mario Fact Questions
NES Control Pad Repair Kit
$35

Definitely overpaid, but thought I saw a couple good flippers. System is in good shape, so should break even.

Nah, you didn't overpay. Sometimes you've gotta take the deal even if it's really expensive for a garage sale. I recall one sale where I paid $100 for a PS1 and around 30 games.

Why did I do this, you may ask? Well, the PS1 had a modchip in it, and it was an SCPH-1001 (the one with the multi out and additional AV ports at the back, and is popular with audiophiles), also games like Final Fantasy VII ($75 on eBay) and Tomba ($50 on eBay) were in the lot.

I ended up flipping Final Fantasy VII on eBay and making $75, basically leaving me with $25 out-of-pocket expenses for a modded SCPH-1001 PS1 w/ 29 games.

You've just got to evaluate whether it would be worth it to purchase the lot and sell some of the games on eBay in these cases. 'Expensive' looking lots at garage sales that you can't get sellers to budge on are sometimes worth it. If you can make a decent profit on the lot, you're not overpaying.

[quote name='Xizer']Man, you guys are lucky. The past three weeks it has been nothing but GameCube, PS2 and Xbox games with an occasional shitty Genesis game.

I don't know why classic games are so rare here.

Nah, you didn't overpay. Sometimes you've gotta take the deal even if it's really expensive for a garage sale. I recall one sale where I paid $100 for a PS1 and around 30 games.

Why did I do this, you may ask? Well, the PS1 had a modchip in it, and it was an SCPH-1001 (the one with the multi out and additional AV ports at the back, and is popular with audiophiles), also games like Final Fantasy VII ($75 on eBay) and Tomba ($50 on eBay) were in the lot.

I ended up flipping Final Fantasy VII on eBay and making $75, basically leaving me with $25 out-of-pocket expenses for a modded SCPH-1001 PS1 w/ 29 games.

You've just got to evaluate whether it would be worth it to purchase the lot and sell some of the games on eBay in these cases. 'Expensive' looking lots at garage sales that you can't get sellers to budge on are sometimes worth it. If you can make a decent profit on the lot, you're not overpaying.[/quote]

I got me a PS1 with the multi-out afew weeks ago, Sweet!!

I agree that most prices are worth it, but around here some people are crazy, I have seen several Genesis's with 5-10 games marked at $100.

Here's some pics of what I got today.
Funny thing is that the N64 box still has a sticker on it from the store they bought it at, and it's the store that my math teacher used to own!
IMG_0730.jpg

$15, not too bad I think.
Edit: There is a N64 in the box, with foam, and everything. There are two controllers, and two memory cards. The grey controller is in PERFECT condition. It brings back memories. Analog stick is crisp, it feels like when I first got my n64.

[quote name='kube00']75 on ebay for FFVII? Unless it black label, if its GH expect $50 at the most[/quote]

My Friend sold a GH copy for $65 acouple weeks ago.

[quote name='kube00']75 on ebay for FFVII? Unless it black label, if its GH expect $50 at the most[/QUOTE]

It was a black label.

:)

Then Xizer bring on the cash! The one I found last week was the third I found at a yard sale this last year and all three were under $3

I have finally had a stroke of luck Saturday and finally got some decent deals!

This was finally a great find... I went to this moving sale and he was already making deals left and right just to get rid of things. I started looking around and noticed a PSOne with all hookups and some games. The box said 10$ so I took the box to him and CIF'ed $5 which was immediatly taken. So I get back to the car and start looking at the games... There were 5 complete games and then I tocked a plastic game sleeve under the playstation itself on he bottom of the box. I pull it out and it is Suikoden! Then I start looking at it in the case and notice that not 1 disc is in this plastic sleeve but 2. I decided to see what the other game was and it was Hoshigama! So Let's recap...

PSOne w/ 2 contrellers + Hookups
1 mem card
Lego Racers (Manual and Disc)
Asteroids (Complete)
Crash Bash (Complete)
Pro Pinball: Big Race USA (Complete)
NBA Shootout 2003 (Complete)
Hoshigama (Disc Only)
Suikoden (Disc Only)

All this for $5. The only game I am missing now is Suikoden V. Maybe I'll stumble across it next weekend.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2580580584/

This was a decent find for a DVD set. I found this sitting all by it's lonesome self...

Malcom in the Middle Season 1

It didn't have the sleave to hold the DVD book but the disks are in good shape. Not bad for $0.50.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2579751107/

I didn't want to spend a lot to get this PS2 game but I decided to that it was worth it. I found:

Silent Hill 2 (Complete GH)

I first tried to CIF $3 and it wasa no go so I went to $4 but still no dice I ended up giving the marked price of $5. Still not bad for this game but I was hoping for less on it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2579751009/

This was a plesant find. I don't find mana to often at all around here but I did manage to pick this noce little deal up at a sale. I also got some NES sleeves. They had games with them but I didn't need and extra copy of SMB/DH so the lady said I could have the sleeves. I also found a neat FFIII (DS version) game pouch which looks cool. The recap:

Final Fantasy III DS Lite Pouch
4 NES Game Sleeves
DragonBall Z Manga #9
Dragonball Manga # 6
Shonen Jump magazine September 2003
Shonen Jump magazine January 2008

The final price for all these goods you ask? $1.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2580580156/

No real story on this but it was the start of a trend for this yardsale day... After I picked this PC game up, I saw at least 50 different PC games through the course of the day. Definitly a themed day. Regardless, I picked up:

Smart Games Vol 1 (Complete)

It is a great game so I figured it was worth $1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2580580002/

I saw this amp and couldn't pass it up... This is a Peavey Rage 158 with the TransTube Technology and they are great amps. It was advertised for $8, but I CIF'ed $5 and it was mine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2580579876/

This was also a nice sale I went to. I immediatly spotted an Intellivision with a few games so I picked up the box. Also after wandering around I found an older D&D module. I went to the front and found that the Intellivision was marked $20 and the D&D was $2. Too much for me usually. I started to haggle with the man running the sale. I finally after a couple minutes got him to $15 for both items which I finally gave in. But out of it I got:

Intellivision Model 1
Math Fun
Golf
Sea Battle
AD&D: Treasures of Tarmin
Q*bert
Space Armada
Royal Dealer
Atlantis
Las Vegas Poker and Blackjack
Night Stalker
Triple Action
Lock N' Chase
Space Battle
Armor Battle
Sharp Shot
Major League Baseball
Auto Racing
NFL Football
Snafu
Carnival
Mission X
Reversi
Pinball
Bump N' Jump
All overlays and Manuals
Dungeons and Dragons Basic Set

All this finally for $15.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2579750499/

As stated at the beginning of my post, finally a decent day. Also I have started a trade list for those interested. I will add it to my sig so just look though and PM me if there is anything you want or have.

Stopped at 3 sales on the way home from the store and got Record of Lodoss war boxed VHS set for $1 Just for reference: http://cgi.ebay.com/Record-of-Lodoss-War-ALL-COLLECTION-VHS-English_W0QQitemZ220244562701QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220244562701&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

At another sale asked if they had any video games guy went in his house and brought out a stack and said $2 each (11 games). CIF $10, he said how about $12.

All original versions/complete/mint: Red Faction, Timesplitters 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, MK Deadly Alliance, MK deception, Midnight CLub, Ace combat 4, half-life, ready 2 rumble round 2, true crime LA, State of emergency. Not all AAA titles, but I wanted TS2, and Red faction, and a non GH version of battlefront 2 anyway.

^ you got the Legend of the Mystical Ninja free? Arg!!! I've been looking for that for months to BUY...but my cheap ass refuses to succumb to ebay. Congrats!!

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']^ you got the Legend of the Mystical Ninja free? Arg!!! I've been looking for that for months to BUY...but my cheap ass refuses to succumb to ebay. Congrats!![/quote]

Oh, I forgot to mention this like months ago, but I picked up that game for $3 in the dealer's room at a convention. =)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']^ you got the Legend of the Mystical Ninja free? Arg!!! I've been looking for that for months to BUY...but my cheap ass refuses to succumb to ebay. Congrats!![/quote]
We've also been looking for this game for ages - an old favorite. Also WWF No Mercy was one of the only WWF games we were missing, and again one we've been looking for.

finds92jdcc.jpg

Decent day today:

Deep Fighter, Rainbow Six Rogue Spear, UFC and Soul Calibur - $4

Trog and Megaman 2 - $4

Mischief Makers - $6

Highlander Endgame and Short Circuit - $4

NES Dogbone - $5

2 SNES mice - $1

Shin Megami Tensai Devil Summoner - $19.xx from Gamestop

dsc04659zd4.jpg

SSX Tricky (PS2)
Total: $2

Black Sega Sports Dreamcast w/ hookups, two controllers, two VMUs
Toy Commander
Crazy Taxi
NFL 2k
Soul Calibur
Sonic Adventure
NBA 2k
Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing
Total: $15

I already have a Dreamcast and most of these games, but the black one just looked too good to pass up. Anyone know if there's a great way to get the stupid Sega Sports logo off easily? This thing would look pretty darn sharp if that were gone.

[quote name='theGrue']
dsc04659zd4.jpg

SSX Tricky (PS2)
Total: $2

Black Sega Sports Dreamcast w/ hookups, two controllers, two VMUs
Toy Commander
Crazy Taxi
NFL 2k
Soul Calibur
Sonic Adventure
NBA 2k
Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing
Total: $15

I already have a Dreamcast and most of these games, but the black one just looked too good to pass up. Anyone know if there's a great way to get the stupid Sega Sports logo off easily? This thing would look pretty darn sharp if that were gone.[/QUOTE]

The Sega Sports is part of the system. That's how it was marketed.

[quote name='theGrue']
I already have a Dreamcast and most of these games, but the black one just looked too good to pass up. Anyone know if there's a great way to get the stupid Sega Sports logo off easily? This thing would look pretty darn sharp if that were gone.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck? No no no! Do not take that logo off the system, what is wrong with you? That is a Sega Sports edition black Dreamcast. They are somewhat uncommon, fetching $50-70 on the 'Bay.

If the logo really bugs you that much you could try putting electrical tape over it or something, but if you try to rub it off or paint over it it probably won't look much better than if you just used the electrical tape, which can be removed without damage to the Dreamcast.

Very few sales this week but a few OK finds

PS2 Online Startup Disc 3.0
Theme Park PS1
Hydrothunder Case and Manual Only
Yugioh PS1
Sim City 2000 PS1
$3

David Beckham Soccer PS1 Sealed
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl DS Accessory Set
$3

Genesis 6-Pak Sealed
Super Baseball 2020
Revenge of Shinobi
Clue
Kage Ki Fists of Steel
$5

Pac Man Puzzle 1982
Frogger 2 Toy

Mortal Kombat SNES
Super Metroid
T2
Spider Man PS1
Resident Evil 3 PS1
$5

Dance Factory PS2
Hot Shots Golf 3/Parappa Demo
Spice World DC
18 Wheeler DC
Web Browser DC
DC Keyboard CIB
$4

~30 Nintendo Powers
Strat Guides
Metroid Prime 2
Mario Kart DD
Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario TTYD
Zelda 4 Swords
$1

I need to complain more often. Just had a call back from TWO weeks ago.

Picked up 19 Playstation games for $25. All are in good shape. Have leads on Nintendo 64 games later. Person is moving and said she had more. Hopefully she will call back.

Games with generic slim cd case

Covert Ops Nuclear Dawn
Duke Nukem Total Meltdown
Final Doom
007 The World is not Enough
Driver
Driver 2
Metal Gear Solid

Complete
Syphon Filter 2
Army Men 3d
Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi
Battle Arena Toshinden (GH)
Nightmare Creatures II
Medal of Honor (GH)
Evil Dead Hail to the King
Grand Theft Auto (CE)
Grand Theft Auto 2 (CE)
Grand Theft Auto Mission Pack #1: London 1969 (CE)
Resident Evil Director's Cut (GH)
Resident Evil 2

The lady said that she had Nintendo 64 games too and that her son never plays them. She was in the process of moving and as she came across them she would give me a shout. I am now 1 for 10 approximately on call backs now!

[quote name='Sinnbox']^Not a bad deal on the DC, are some of those games sealed? or is that just the lighting?[/quote]

No, just taken near a window. The games are all in really good condition, but it does smell like things came from a smoking household.

[quote name='Xizer']What the fuck? No no no! Do not take that logo off the system, what is wrong with you? That is a Sega Sports edition black Dreamcast. They are somewhat uncommon, fetching $50-70 on the 'Bay.

If the logo really bugs you that much you could try putting electrical tape over it or something, but if you try to rub it off or paint over it it probably won't look much better than if you just used the electrical tape, which can be removed without damage to the Dreamcast.[/quote]

Yeah, it really doesn't look like they do. Besides, I wouldn't eBay this, it's so nice looking... Except for the stupid Sega Sports logo.

Some Googling found me this article, I may give it a shot later.
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-remove-Logos-from-your-PDA--cell-phone-wit/

Oh, and I'm thinking about modding the NES 2 I found last week to use some nice RCA plugs instead of the RF adapter. :razz:

Parents were in town but we did stop by one sale in the neighborhood as we drove past it; Mom bought a book, I found three old Choose Your Own Adventure Books (10c each) and a set of wire cube shelves ($5).

NES System With 2 Controllers Zapper And Hookups
NES Cleaning Kit In Box
Game Genie With Code Book
Karate Kid Manual
Some Misc Pamphlets

Games With Manuals

Karate Champ
Top Gun
Top Players Tennis
Silent Service
Contra
Kung Fu
Track & Field
Volleyball
Commando
Double Dragon
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt x2
NES Play Action Football
Metal Gear
City Connection (Jaleco)
John Elway's Quarterback
Double Dribble
Nobunaga's Ambition

Games With Photo Copy Manuals

Ikari Warriors (x2 Photo Copied Manuals)
NFL
Friday The 13th

Cart Only (And Not Pictured As It's In The NES)

Super Mario Bros 3

$5

I went back out to 6 yardsales on Saturday around town that were Saturday only. I found this sitting out in the open at the last sale I went to and was surprised that it was still around at about 8:45 with an IAP of $5. This sale was part of a block sale advertised for Friday & Saturday. On Friday I stopped by the block sale to see that it was a total of 1 sale. I asked the people running the sale about the other sales and they said a few people backed out but that the lady across the street would be up tomarrow. I'm thinking that most people hit up the "block sale" Friday and the Saturday only sale missed a lot of traffic not being up Friday and that this NES would have went in 5 minutes tops if it was out Friday. The games are in good shape seeing as everything was in this nice plastic storage case. About half of the games had dust covers (12) and Nobunaga's Ambition even came with 2 books, one that looks to be some story/history from before the game's start.

Well, my aunt just came by my house & bought me a bag of games that my uncle picked up at a yard sale. This is what I found in the bag. All are cart only unless noted

Space Invaders (SNES)
TopGear (SNES)
Madden 95 (SNES)
Mortal Kombat (SNES)
Mortal Kombat 2 (SNES)
Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES)
Timeslip (SNES)
Super Mario World
Super Mario All-Stars
Mario Paint
Hardball 3 (Gen)
Desert Strike (Gen)
Eternal Champions (Gen, complete)
Burger Time (NES)
Madden 2000 (N64)
Quaterback Club 99 (N64)
Zelda OOT (N64)

[quote name='FOnewearl']

NES System With 2 Controllers Zapper And Hookups
NES Cleaning Kit In Box
Game Genie With Code Book
Karate Kid Manual
Some Misc Pamphlets

Games With Manuals

Karate Champ
Top Gun
Top Players Tennis
Silent Service
Contra
Kung Fu
Track & Field
Volleyball
Commando
Double Dragon
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt x2
NES Play Action Football
Metal Gear
City Connection (Jaleco)
John Elway's Quarterback
Double Dribble
Nobunaga's Ambition

Games With Photo Copy Manuals

Ikari Warriors (x2 Photo Copied Manuals)
NFL
Friday The 13th

Cart Only (And Not Pictured As It's In The NES)

Super Mario Bros 3

$5

I went back out to 6 yardsales on Saturday around town that were Saturday only. I found this sitting out in the open at the last sale I went to and was surprised that it was still around at about 8:45 with an IAP of $5. This sale was part of a block sale advertised for Friday & Saturday. On Friday I stopped by the block sale to see that it was a total of 1 sale. I asked the people running the sale about the other sales and they said a few people backed out but that the lady across the street would be up tomarrow. I'm thinking that most people hit up the "block sale" Friday and the Saturday only sale missed a lot of traffic not being up Friday and that this NES would have went in 5 minutes tops if it was out Friday. The games are in good shape seeing as everything was in this nice plastic storage case. About half of the games had dust covers (12) and Nobunaga's Ambition even came with 2 books, one that looks to be some story/history from before the game's start.[/quote]:bow:

[quote name='Segasonic01']no. I fail to see why everyone likes that game[/quote]
Well, to each their owm I guess, eh?
I personally can't stand Sonic, and I think you'd be quick to call me crazy about that :p

OOT is easily the best zelda game out there, I also have multiple copies but it is in No way shitty, but then I say Mario Pary is shitty and some people here would kill me for that!!

i got OOT from a yard sale and i'm currently in the process of trading it. just not my cup of tea. sure, zelda games are always totally bitchin', but i've just never been able to get myself to commit.

OoT was one of the best games ever for it's time.

It's still pretty decent, but now a lot of it is nostalgia.

This is coming from a person who doesn't even really like Zelda.

^^^ That reminds me are there any pokemon guides that are worth money? I saw 4 or 5 mostly for the DS at a GS for .50 each, but they were pretty beaten up.

Ah, been up at school for the whole year, I hope to get some good yard saling done this summer. Need to find me some classic games >_>

There's one that's been advertised for this Saturday on craigslist, in Beverly Hills, that has me really hyped up. But I'm seriously worried about competition and the actual stuff there being grossly disappointing and/or overpriced. Listing mentions Super Nintendo, NES, Genesis, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast. Lots of other stuff.

I emailed the guy to see if I could see the games early, but no go. No early birds. Ah well, wish me luck!

Got a pretty good find last week. Here is a pic of what i got:

0619080002dk0.jpg

Mutant League Football
Desert Strike
General Chaos
Sonic 2
Ninja Turtles : Tournament Fighters
GameBoy Pocket
Legend of Lagaia
Sega Genesis w/ Sega CD

Also (not pictured) I got Microcosm for the Sega CD.

I felt good since i got all of this for $10 and I always loved general chaos, that is my favorite of the lot.

Wow, great find! Let me know if you want to trade TMNT Tournament Fighters, I've always only had the SNES version and I've been wanting the other two since they are entirely different in regards to story and characters.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^ That reminds me are there any pokemon guides that are worth money? I saw 4 or 5 mostly for the DS at a GS for .50 each, but they were pretty beaten up.[/quote]

I don't think so, but the DS ones tend to be $7-10 apiece. Most of them fall into the $5-10 range in general; I'd want them just for collecting purposes.

Today was a pretty eventful day, the first day of our citywide yard sale. Tomorrow is the official yard sale day so I hope to find even more. But here's what I got today:
ys09.jpg

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - $1
I got to a sale just as it was opening, they didn't have everything set up so I looked around and saw this sitting by itself. I asked if they had anything else but they said they didn't. Offered $1 and they took it...I know I could've gone lower, but I didn't have it yet.
ys03.jpg

Mario and Fox bobbleheads - 50 cents
My fiancee found these at a yard sale and grabbed them for me
ys07.jpg

Cart only NES games:
Low G Man
Strider
Rush n Attack
T & C Surf Design
Black Bass
Dragon Warrior
Castlevania II
Mega Man 2
Bayou Billy
total - $4
These were literally 3 house down from mine, my fiancee saw them as she was putting the sign up for our sale and grabbed them
ys05.jpg

Twisted Metal - Complete
Crash Bandicoot - Disc only
Total -$2
Found at a random sale, no real story
ys06.jpg

Metal Gear Solid - Complete
Metal Gear VR Missions
Total - 50 cents
My fiancee found this at a sale, she didn't realize the VR missions were in the case. It was tagged 50 cents so she grabbed it even though we already had it. The same sale had a boxed SNES for $50 and a few games for $10 each...I didn't even try for these...
ys08.jpg

Fat Game Boy - $3
My fiancee found this for me too, marked 3, she paid 3. I didn't have one yet so I was fine with that. It seems to work fine, but I don't have any original games to test.
ys04.jpg

This one is an odd story. I found 4 Wheel Thunder marked 10 cents in a crate full of disney movies so I bought it. I then realized that inside the case was Crazy Taxi instead of 4 Wheel Thunder (which was fine with me) Then at a completely different sale across town, I found an empty Crazy Taxi case which they gave me for free.
Total - 10 cents
ys02.jpg

Game Gear with 4 games
Shinobi II
Ariel the Little Mermaid
Surf Ninjas
Incredible Crash Test Dummies
a few Star Wars books
found these at a sale that wasn't quite set up yet, she didn't have anything priced so she said to make an offer. I offered 5 for the whole lot and she accepted with no hesitation...and I thought I was lowballing...
ys01.jpg

N64 with 3 controllers and 2 games
Mario Kart 64 with instructions and how to play insert
Diddy Kong Racing with instructions and how to play insert
and there was a Star Fox 64 manual in there too
Saw these sitting on a table marked $15, offered 5, she came back with 10, I came back with 7 and she accepted. The controllers like new, and the only game I didn't have here was Diddy Kong Racing.

All in all a good day considering we also made about $160 at our yard sale.

I had another crappy day today. I got so little I don't feel like taking pictures. It's hardly worth going out in my area any more.

$1
Moby Dick hardbound
Selected Tales of Edgar Allan Poe hardbound

$1
Xbox DVD kit sealed

$0.50
Klax (genesis) loose
Cloud Master (Master System) loose

Nice, there was a City wide sale a town over, but I decided not to go, I will hit my regular town tomorrow because most of the buyers will start at the City wide.

Why are you reading this?!! GO to some sales! (For anyone reading the thread at this time)

I might take the rest of the weekend off since I spent over $100 already. Will post pics/stories later today once I look through my finds.

Just got back from a yard sale and got:

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (X360) - $25

There aren't as many yard sales in my area as they were last year; the weather was horrible this morning but I think it'll clear up.

bread's done
Back