Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

I just go to any close. Just because sale doesn't advertise games, or even have them for sale, if you ask a lot of times they'll come out with stuff.

[quote name='flow.of.soul']Do you guys go to any sale or only goes to sales that advertise toys or something of that nature? Im just curious so that I can be prepared to plan my route accordingly for next weekend.[/quote]

One of the most important tips is NEVER even bother going to yard sales that advertise video games! I know a lot of people will disagree but I find (and some other collectors I know) that the people who advertise video games will 99% of the time be staked out by flea market people. Flea market sellers will go hours and hours before a sale starts and just buy all the games as soon as the person brings them out. Another bad thing is most of the time, people advertising games are the "well I can get 200 dollars for this NES on ebay! This mario/duck hunt game is worth a lot of money, its REALLY rare!" people that charge way too much for games and refuse to come down on price.

The best way to find games is ask at EVERY sale if they have video games....a lot of times people think that old video games are so worthless that people wouldnt even buy them in a yard sale so they dont even put them out.

I used to always go to yard sales that advertise "toys" which is also a mistake because 99.9999% of the time its just baby toys.....as a matter of fact, Id say that most of the yard sales in general that I find are nothing but baby toys

The best ones are neighborhood sales because you can quickly hit 10-20 sales in the same place

I wasn't sure to post this here or in Flea Market finds......this is from a few weeks ago during the Highway 127 sale, also called the "worlds longest yard sale" it runs from northern Ohio to southern Georgia. It was my first time and I quickly learned that what everyone else told me about it was true: its really just the worlds longest flea market. I went all the way from southern Ohio all the way to the middle of Tennessee and probably saw 15-20 yard sales...the rest was just flea markets that had nothing but crap.

Well I happened to really luck out at one flea market.....usually people that sell NES games price them all different (and price stuff like Mario and Castlevania at like 20 dollars each) but this guy said "NES games are $3 each and SNES games are $5 each". I nearly crapped myself when I saw what games he had, it was like every rare game you could think of...here are the ones I got:

nes.jpg

Contra
Donkey Kong Classics
Donkey Kong 3
Castlevania 2
Megaman 2
Megaman 3
Megaman 6 :hot:
Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time :hot:

Total:$26

he also had some other rare stuff that I already had like Mario All Stars with Mario World and Yoshi's Island, I was going to get them to resell on ebay but I ran out of money

Nice score but none of those games are really rare.

Megaman six barely scratches by as uncommon.

They're more expensive because they're sought after, not because they're even remotely rare.

System and 62 games for a SNES is very cheap for 50$ (thats less than 1$ per game, plus you got the system!), there was a guy here who wanted 75$ for a system and 42 crappy games, maybe 2 of the titles were actually worth something, which are the ones that I snagged for 2.50 each. Most of the games were random no-name sidescrollers that I have never heard of or sports games, everything was cart only too.

The sales that advertise video games are hit or miss here, sometimes you will get someone who says its worth 80$ on ebay and the next time you will get someone who thinks nothing of their old games. I have said this before but the larger sales that have tons of stuff for me tend to be the most overpriced while the house that has a few things out or just an average amount of stuff tend to have the most reasonable prices. Like I said before I ran across a sale last week that had clothes marked at 3-10$ but had games marked at 1$, people just value things differently.

In my area old games don't sell, whether it be at a yard sale or the fleamarket, so if your overpricing stuff at the fleamarket, which we don't even have a flea within 45 min of here you aren't going to make much and you will end up paying for a days/weekends rent probably without even covering your costs for the rent. Case in point its simply not worth it to set up a games stand with old games at the flea. There is one game stand that does very well at the flea but thats because they are very reasonably priced, and do not take in scratched games nor do they sell scratched games. I haven't checked out the pawn scene in my area but I imagine its mostly the same, unless you are stocked with copies of the latest halo or madden game, not much else sells when it comes to video games.

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']Nice score but none of those games are really rare.

Megaman six barely scratches by as uncommon.

They're more expensive because they're sought after, not because they're even remotely rare.[/quote]

Yeah I know they aren't rare, I just meant that it was rare to find them for $3 dollars each at a flea market since they are usually a lot more, especially Megaman 6 and Ninja Turtles 4, all the used game stores around here sell them for $30 dollars

[quote name='erehwon']I found Super Mario 64 and Turok for the N64 at a garage sale for $1 each. I was surprised to see a yard sale today.[/quote]

Nice. If for some strange reason you haven't played SM64, shame on you and play it nao.

It doesn't have much resale value (like $10) but it's a sweet game.

this past weekend's stuff:

GC Pikmin (complete), $4

PSP Final Fantasy II Strategy Guide, $1

PS2 Metropolismania 2 (complete)
DVD Ringu 2, $5 for both
DVD Sopranos, The Complete First Season, $3

PSX Wild Arms 2 (missing manual), $4

PSX Metal Gear Solid (Greatest Hits, discs only), $1

Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse, .50¢

XBOX Jade Empire
XBOX Men of Valor (both sealed), $5 for both
360 Oblivion, Game of the Year Edition (complete), $15

Nintendo Gamecube w/PSU (not pictured) and generic controller, $10

NES Spy Hunter
NES Bad Dudes
NES Track & Field II, all for $3

N64 Nightmare Creatures
N64 Perfect Dark
N64 Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
N64 007: GoldenEye
N64 Duke Nukem: Zero Hour, all for $5

total: $56.50

not many stories behind this stuff. i was very excited to find Oblivion GOTY (it was the first find of the morning). it's a little more than i like to pay in peacetime, but i've been dying to play the expansion for months so i just couldn't pass it up. the Jade Empire and Men of Valor were sort of an odd find, since they're still new and sealed. i already have JE (i think), but at that price for a new copy, it's a no-brainer. everything shown was haggled down from a higher price, except for Oblivion -- they wouldn't budge.

[quote name='Samus']Nice. If for some strange reason you haven't played SM64, shame on you and play it nao.

It doesn't have much resale value (like $10) but it's a sweet game.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I've played it. I just picked it up because it is a good game. I already have a copy, but I figured I could do something with it once I get it cleaned up. I got Turok because I didn't have a copy. I sold my N64 many years ago and I've been trying to pick up some of the games I used to have.

Well, this is my first weekend going garage-saleing... (is that right lol?) since it's labor day weekend and so many people are off work/school Friday that I'll be able to hit up a bunch over the weekend. I have a bike and around $60-70 from my own garage sale the weekend before. I am looking through Craigslist and writing down some garage sales in the area... How far should I go distance wise on a bike from my house? 10 miles? 15 miles? Any tips for a biker would be nice. :D

Also, what should I look for games/system wise? I kinda want to get into collecting retro games but don't know where to start..

[quote name='Jmclark']Well, this is my first weekend going garage-saleing... (is that right lol?) since it's labor day weekend and so many people are off work/school Friday that I'll be able to hit up a bunch over the weekend. I have a bike and around $60-70 from my own garage sale the weekend before. I am looking through Craigslist and writing down some garage sales in the area... How far should I go distance wise on a bike from my house? 10 miles? 15 miles? Any tips for a biker would be nice. :D

Also, what should I look for games/system wise? I kinda want to get into collecting retro games but don't know where to start..[/quote]
Dude, that's a great idea to look on Labor Day Weekend!

Check a Local Paper to see if there are any near you too!

Start with the bread and butter IMO. anything Nintendo, Sega, Playstation, or Microsoft would be good. IF you want to go farther out than that, look for turbographix16, colecovision, atari, and intellivision (i butchered the spelling on some of those)

Ok, I'll look in the paper later on in the week when people post the ads. I'm probably gonna try to pick up a system along the way, most likely a Nintendo since I already got a PS2 this summer.

Also, would it be a good idea to trade old games for PS2 games or would that not really work? (on here I mean)

[quote name='Jmclark']Ok, I'll look in the paper later on in the week when people post the ads. I'm probably gonna try to pick up a system along the way, most likely a Nintendo since I already got a PS2 this summer.

Also, would it be a good idea to trade old games for PS2 games or would that not really work? (on here I mean)[/quote]
Usually people post Yard Sales on the Friday edition of a paper if the paper you look in runs daily.

The second to last section of the Cheap Ass Gamer Deals section of the forum is a trading/selling area where you can do this

Oh, and check this out.

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Yard_sale_guide

should help you out!

[quote name='Jmclark']Ok, I'll look in the paper later on in the week when people post the ads. I'm probably gonna try to pick up a system along the way, most likely a Nintendo since I already got a PS2 this summer.

Also, would it be a good idea to trade old games for PS2 games or would that not really work? (on here I mean)[/quote]

Be sure to check the garage sales section of Craigslist. Other than that, just check out the main streets and look for signs on street posts.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Dude, that's a great idea to look on Labor Day Weekend!
[/quote]

Actualy around here Labor day is the worst weekend of all, everyone is getting their last summer vacation in.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Actualy around here Labor day is the worst weekend of all, everyone is getting their last summer vacation in.[/quote]
Oh ya, nvm then :p

NES system With 1 1st party controller, RF Adaptor & Power Adaptor along with A/V Cords

Baseball Stars
Bases Loaded II
Blades of Steel x2
Caveman Games
Classic Concentration
Dr Mario
Excitebike
Fighting Golf
Harlem Globetrotters
Hoops
Kickle Cubicle
Kings of The Beach
M.C. Kids
Mission Impossible
Paperboy
Snake Rattle N Roll
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
Tecmo NBA Basketball
Tecmo Super Bowl
Tetris

$30

Asked about video games at a yardsale Saturday, said that they did have some old systems and would bring them down today mentioning how they figured nobody would be interested in them, so I stopped by today just after 8 before heading out of town to the Flea Market. Had a PSOne, Dreamcast with some games and a SNES & NES with games. I looked it over and said I was interested in the SNES & NES but the guy wanted $30 for the SNES & $40 for the NES. The SNES only had about 6 games (Wayne's World, Super Mario World, Mario Paint with mouse & pad and Total Carnage from what I remembered). I told him that I didn't have that much money and offered $30 then he asked his wive or girlfriend about what she saw on eBay the night before and she was helpful enough to inform me that M.C. Kids was a $50 game on eBay, she saw an NES with 12 games go for about 180 and that the Mario Trilogy (pronouncing trilogy wrong :D) sells for about $80 and that the cheapest game was Tetris at $3 lol. I as politely as I could be in this situation said that doesn't sound right then mentioned how they made a ton of the Super Mario Games and that M.C. Kids I think would be worth only a few bucks even at a video game convention, she said that it was up to him on how much to sell the games for so CIFed the guy $30 for the NES stuff and he though about it for a few seconds then said ok. Right as I was seperating and taking the NES stuff and putting back the SNES stuff the older lady from yesterday that grabbed a DKC 3 for GBA that I missed showed up interested in the older Nintendo stuff making me think that she is asking about video games also (maybe getting the idea over hearing me). She thought I was buying everything but I mentioned that I wasen't buying the SNES.

I probably paid too much for this considering it was a yardsale and about half sports games but I saw a few I needed and figured I could recoup easily when I saw only Super Mario Bros 2 and a controller missing from a system with SMB 1,2,3 Dr mario & Tetris. It's funny as yesterday I saw a decent PC game out at this sale yesterday marked at a buck which would have me thinking that they would sell an old system cheaper then this but now that I'm thinking about it, this was a multi family sale so it was probaby somebody else who was selling the PC games and just talking to this guy on Satuday I could tell that chances were that he was gonna be a shyster.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Actualy around here Labor day is the worst weekend of all, everyone is getting their last summer vacation in.[/quote]

Not necessarily, though most years I would agree with you that it could be a lousy weekend for yardsaling...

This year, though, many people are forgoing the long weekend/vacation plans and staying home due to their hurting economic conditions and high gas (and everything else) prices.

Plus, many more people than usual are actually holding garage and yard sales because of their own financial problems and hardships. It's a good time to be out there and scoring deals.

Remember, while huge numbers of fortunes are lost and many many people lose it all during economic downturns/recessions, there are many fortunes that are made in such times. So get out there and score big.

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']Megaman six barely scratches by as uncommon.[/QUOTE]

I know that Mega Man 6 is far from epic rare but I'd say that it's fairly uncommon, I haven't ran across a copy yet in the wild and don't see too many people finding it cheap.

It's nice to see that a CAG made it out to that massive yardsale this year. I've seen a bit of it on HGTV and thought the same thing, mostly flea market venders selling and probably not that cheap on stuff they consider to be good :)

I can understand how going to a yardsale that advertises video games could be risky in the sense that it could be somebody selling at a premium but it's not always like that, I think this is something that depends somewhat on your area and deciding if it's worth it depending on how often stuff is overprice/expensive when video games are advertised and how fast it goes when video games are advertised. I could picture people in certain areas actually knocking on somebody's door before the day of the sale in order to beat everyone else to something advertised that they are interested in.

[quote name='karkyco']
This year, though, many people are forgoing the long weekend/vacation plans and staying home due to their hurting economic conditions and high gas (and everything else) prices.

Plus, many more people than usual are actually holding garage and yard sales because of their own financial problems and hardships. It's a good time to be out there and scoring deals.[/quote]

if Memorial Day was any indication, there won't be any yard sales in these parts on Labor Day. everyone here went to the beach or stayed home to barbecue, almost without exception. i was shocked to find no sales in the paper and no sales after 2 hours of driving and scouring.

i suspect Labor Day will yield the same results unfortunately.

[quote name='allyourblood']if Memorial Day was any indication, there won't be any yard sales in these parts on Labor Day. everyone here went to the beach or stayed home to barbecue, almost without exception. i was shocked to find no sales in the paper and no sales after 2 hours of driving and scouring.

i suspect Labor Day will yield the same results unfortunately.[/quote]

Damn...ouch.

Well, LA is so huge there will definitely be sales here, especially if craigslist is any indication.

[quote name='Cmosfm']These all came from one yard sale, the guy had just tables full of shit, most of it was marked 5 bucks each but he was more than willing to haggle if I bought a lot. Well, I bought it all, and everything was 1.00-2.50 each, and 95% of it is still sealed. A good portion of it just came out within the last week, month, 2 months, etc. Hell, "Fashion Solitaire", actually doesn't come out until next Tuesday!

2790709547_a56365f6f4.jpg

For the large version go here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27444496@N05/2790709547/sizes/l/

Most of it you can see what it is in the large version. The ones that are hard to make out are the thin cases on the left side, those are outer-boxless "The Adventures Of Super Mario Bros. 3 Complete Series" sets, the green cases on the left are new Xbox 360 cases, and the loose discs on the bottom are just that, loose random discs missing from seasons.

Everything cost me 206.00, the guy gave me his phone number and told me to call him Wednesday, that he gets this in all the time and I can have first pick. I'll more than likely just wipe him out again, he even said he gets 360 and PS3 games and the sort in.

All I'm saying is, I'm not asking questions, he claims he buys them in "salvage pallets", which you and I both know isn't true. That's all the info I want to have.[/quote]

Actually, for a while I had a link to a massive website advertising 'store return pallets' and 'salvage lots' for sale. They had warehouses all over the country and most of the stuff was packed/re-packed in Target/Kmart/Walmart boxes with logos all about. It was big auction site, they had TONS of lots and you could choose to 'haul your own' or have it delivered.

They had electronics pallets with supposedly 'faulty' PS2's, PS3's, 360's, etc. They even had some that had big ass flat screen plasma tv's with 3-6 per pallet for like $2k a pallet.

If I find the link again, I'll be sure to pass it along, but let's just say that I believe the guy. Though, with all of those copies of stuff, including the unreleased game(s), I'm leaning toward it 'fell off a truck'.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, for a while I had a link to a massive website advertising 'store return pallets' and 'salvage lots' for sale. They had warehouses all over the country and most of the stuff was packed/re-packed in Target/Kmart/Walmart boxes with logos all about. It was big auction site, they had TONS of lots and you could choose to 'haul your own' or have it delivered.

They had electronics pallets with supposedly 'faulty' PS2's, PS3's, 360's, etc. They even had some that had big ass flat screen plasma tv's with 3-6 per pallet for like $2k a pallet.

If I find the link again, I'll be sure to pass it along, but let's just say that I believe the guy. Though, with all of those copies of stuff, including the unreleased game(s), I'm leaning toward it 'fell off a truck'.[/QUOTE]

I'm very familiar with pallets of store returns and salvage lots, I frequent stores that sell solely that type of merchandise and I can say with certainty that these are NOT pallet items that I got. I am curious though, I have to call him tomorrow and see if he got anything else. I'll post an update when I do!

[quote name='karkyco']Not necessarily, though most years I would agree with you that it could be a lousy weekend for yardsaling...

Plus, many more people than usual are actually holding garage and yard sales because of their own financial problems and hardships. It's a good time to be out there and scoring deals.

Remember, while huge numbers of fortunes are lost and many many people lose it all during economic downturns/recessions, there are many fortunes that are made in such times. So get out there and score big.[/quote]

True, but around here:
1. Tons of people make day trips to the lakes(northren Indiana)
2. More poeple Laid off=more people ravaging sales(thurs and fri when im at work)
3. I was the only person buying games last year and there have been about 5 new resellers pop up in my 10,000 pop town in the last 6 months!!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, for a while I had a link to a massive website advertising 'store return pallets' and 'salvage lots' for sale. They had warehouses all over the country and most of the stuff was packed/re-packed in Target/Kmart/Walmart boxes with logos all about. It was big auction site, they had TONS of lots and you could choose to 'haul your own' or have it delivered.

If I find the link again, I'll be sure to pass it along, but let's just say that I believe the guy. Though, with all of those copies of stuff, including the unreleased game(s), I'm leaning toward it 'fell off a truck'.[/quote]

Personaly I'm leaning to the side that says he worked for a packaging plant and took afew :) copies home.

Gonna wrap up my free 360 box garage sale story. Picked up power brick, video cables, 2 wireless controllers, charging station, headset, & hard drive for $75 off Craigslist. Stopped at Sears on my way home from work and picked up a XBox live kit with camera, headset, 12 months live, 200 MS points, and a couple games for $35.

Memorial day is gonna be great. People already wrapped up their summer vacation, because school started 3 weeks ago here.

Almost no one will go on vacation because like 70% of the city is on welfare. I'll have even more competition of people from Mexico though. GSing sucks when you live right next to the border because there's so much competition.

[quote name='darkslime']I'll have even more competition of people from Mexico though. GSing sucks when you live right next to the border because there's so much competition.[/quote]

i'm 9 minutes from Mexico and i have zero competition from our neighbors to the south. they generally avoid video games in general, but especially anything from previous generations (ie: anything older than current gen).

try to buy some tools or brand name clothing however, and you've got a fight on your hands!

[quote name='allyourblood']i'm 9 minutes from Mexico and i have zero competition from our neighbors to the south. they generally avoid video games in general, but especially anything from previous generations (ie: anything older than current gen).

try to buy some tools or brand name clothing however, and you've got a fight on your hands![/quote] Really? The people here usually go for all gen, and are really rude too. For example, I was going to buy an N64 with some resellable games for 15, and was about to pay the lady. Some guy grabs it out of my hand and says 20. WTF! That is just rude. If I ever see him again, I'll grab whatever he's holding and buy it. >_>

[quote name='allyourblood']if Memorial Day was any indication, there won't be any yard sales in these parts on Labor Day. everyone here went to the beach or stayed home to barbecue, almost without exception. i was shocked to find no sales in the paper and no sales after 2 hours of driving and scouring.

i suspect Labor Day will yield the same results unfortunately.[/quote]

Thats the same for here too, Memorial day there were literally 3 or 4 yardsales in the paper, usually there are over 50 or 60 on any other weekend.

[quote name='FOnewearl']

I probably paid too much for this considering it was a yardsale and about half sports games but I saw a few I needed and figured I could recoup easily when I saw only Super Mario Bros 2 and a controller missing from a system with SMB 1,2,3 Dr mario & Tetris. It's funny as yesterday I saw a decent PC game out at this sale yesterday marked at a buck which would have me thinking that they would sell an old system cheaper then this but now that I'm thinking about it, this was a multi family sale so it was probaby somebody else who was selling the PC games and just talking to this guy on Satuday I could tell that chances were that he was gonna be a shyster.[/quote]

Yeah honestly you paid too much. That is really only justifiable if you REALLY REALLY wanted a NES and never owned one or something like that. I wouldn't have paid more than $10 dollars for it. Whenever someone gives that "its worth $X on ebay" I tell them either "well sell it on ebay then" (because they know that really they would never go through the trouble of doing that) or "well, this isn't ebay, this is a yardsale" or if you want to get technical you tell them "ebay is worldwide, people from any country can bid on things, a game that is worth 50 cents in the USA might be worth 500 dollars in some other country where it was never released, you can't sell everything based on ebay prices"....or you can also just be a total ass (like I often love doing to these "ebay" people) and say "whatever, forget it then" and walk off as they are in the middle of telling you how rare something is. I just wonder though, if they REALLY believe that this stuff is so valuable, don't they ever wonder why its still sitting in their garage/attic/basement and no one will ever buy it?

[quote name='FOnewearl']I know that Mega Man 6 is far from epic rare but I'd say that it's fairly uncommon, I haven't ran across a copy yet in the wild and don't see too many people finding it cheap.

It's nice to see that a CAG made it out to that massive yardsale this year. I've seen a bit of it on HGTV and thought the same thing, mostly flea market venders selling and probably not that cheap on stuff they consider to be good :)

I can understand how going to a yardsale that advertises video games could be risky in the sense that it could be somebody selling at a premium but it's not always like that, I think this is something that depends somewhat on your area and deciding if it's worth it depending on how often stuff is overprice/expensive when video games are advertised and how fast it goes when video games are advertised. I could picture people in certain areas actually knocking on somebody's door before the day of the sale in order to beat everyone else to something advertised that they are interested in.[/quote]

the real problem with yard sales that advertise games is that all the flea market people will immediately flock to these sales. There was one time where, im not joking, me and this flea market guy that I see every weekend pulled up to a house at the same time, I started walking kind of faster than him, and we both literally ran as fast as we could to the guys garage to find the games.

There is a retail store that sells NES consoles for like 50$ (with no games) so if I really needed an NES and had to pay 30$ plus games it wouldn't be so bad. But theoretically these things should be 5$ and under since its a yard sale after all :)

I once picked up a NES for 5$ with a bunch of stuff then turned it around on ebay for 123$ with 5 games after I replaced the connector on it, however I don't think prices are up on NES systems that much anymore, that was a couple years ago and at Xmas time. Oh and the buyer was someone who was over 50 years old!

[quote name='crows in black']One of the most important tips is NEVER even bother going to yard sales that advertise video games! I know a lot of people will disagree but I find (and some other collectors I know) that the people who advertise video games will 99% of the time be staked out by flea market people. Flea market sellers will go hours and hours before a sale starts and just buy all the games as soon as the person brings them out. Another bad thing is most of the time, people advertising games are the "well I can get 200 dollars for this NES on ebay! This mario/duck hunt game is worth a lot of money, its REALLY rare!" people that charge way too much for games and refuse to come down on price.[/quote]
To bring this back up, I think it really depends on your area. So long as you get there early, you can be the one to get the games. I've never personally run into a flea market seller, and the last sale I went to that specifically advertised games had $5 systems and 50 cent games for NES, SNES, Genesis, and PS1, but there was probably a bit of luck involved there too.

[quote name='crows in black']the real problem with yard sales that advertise games is that all the flea market people will immediately flock to these sales. There was one time where, im not joking, me and this flea market guy that I see every weekend pulled up to a house at the same time, I started walking kind of faster than him, and we both literally ran as fast as we could to the guys garage to find the games.[/quote]

LOL that reminds me of an incident i had, There were only afew decent games in the lot, and the guy recognized the Fleamarketer and made him pay full price. LOL.

[quote name='SaraAB']
Around here NES systems sell almost instanly for $40 at local used stores, CAGS think thats high because we see stuff at garage sales, 6 years ago before i started hardcore YSing I bought a NES for $40 and thought it was a awsome deal. Price is all based on the mentaltity of the buyer.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I'm very familiar with pallets of store returns and salvage lots, I frequent stores that sell solely that type of merchandise and I can say with certainty that these are NOT pallet items that I got. I am curious though, I have to call him tomorrow and see if he got anything else. I'll post an update when I do![/QUOTE]

My "dealer" just called me, he says he has "3 big ol boxes" full of new PC games and he'll sell em all for 125.00, I gotta meet him at 4:00 tomorrow. :D

[quote name='Cmosfm']My "dealer" just called me, he says he has "3 big ol boxes" full of new PC games and he'll sell em all for 125.00, I gotta meet him at 4:00 tomorrow. :D[/quote]
NICE!!

[quote name='Sinnbox']NICE!![/QUOTE]

He claims there is about 100 in there, which is usually not the case when people estimate, so I'm gonna guess about 60 or so but we'll see. :) He also said that in about 2 weeks he guarantee's he's getting some 360 games.

Also he seems to be getting these from someone else, at least that's what it seems like.

[quote name='Cmosfm']He claims there is about 100 in there, which is usually not the case when people estimate, so I'm gonna guess about 60 or so but we'll see. :) He also said that in about 2 weeks he guarantee's he's getting some 360 games.

Also he seems to be getting these from someone else, at least that's what it seems like.[/quote]

No doubt he pays someone $20 a box, so 60 for this set then just doubles his money. The guy he's buying them from most likely gets them direct from China by the cargo container load (if they're high quality bootlegs), or from some source along the supply chain via shrinkage/theft.

[quote name='karkyco']No doubt he pays someone $20 a box, so 60 for this set then just doubles his money. The guy he's buying them from most likely gets them direct from China by the cargo container load (if they're high quality bootlegs), or from some source along the supply chain via shrinkage/theft.[/QUOTE]

They are definitely not bootlegs, that's for sure, I can spot them a mile away and I wouldn't deal with them if they were. So yeah, your guess is as good as mine.

[quote name='Cmosfm']They are definitely not bootlegs, that's for sure, I can spot them a mile away and I wouldn't deal with them if they were. So yeah, your guess is as good as mine.[/quote]

Good stuff. Yeah, if they were older I would say they're obviously overstock and maybe from one of those pallet deals, but you said they had a lot of stuff that was brand new or not even released yet.

"Off a truck" indeed, LOL. Ah well, good score nonetheless!

[quote name='crows in black']Yeah honestly you paid too much. That is really only justifiable if you REALLY REALLY wanted a NES and never owned one or something like that. I wouldn't have paid more than $10 dollars for it.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was more like a Craigslist price and and definately expensive for anyone that has the mentality (sp?) that yardsales are for getting rid of old stuff. This guy wasen't going to bend to $10 it would have broke the deal for sure. I probably should have told these people to blow it out their asses when they told me that M.C. Kids was worth $50 lol I tend to find that some people around here have yardsales with money in mind and not just as a way to get a bunch of stuff out the door as fast as possible in a day or two as it (probably) should be, with anything of known value being sold elsewhere if they know what it's worth.

I would definately classify this guy as too lazy to actually selling the stuff on eBay :D

[quote name='crows in black']One of the most important tips is NEVER even bother going to yard sales that advertise video games! I know a lot of people will disagree[/quote]

yeah, i disagree. some of my absolute best (and cheapest) finds have been from sales advertising video games!

I used to always go to yard sales that advertise "toys" which is also a mistake because 99.9999% of the time its just baby toys

people should go to sales advertising toys since many people just lump video games into that category. in fact, the people who view video games as toys are exactly the type of people to score a deal from.

[quote name='allyourblood']
people should go to sales advertising toys since many people just lump video games into that category. in fact, the people who view video games as toys are exactly the type of people to score a deal from.[/quote]

Those are also the same people who consider handheld poker games a video game, so ymmv ;)

[quote name='Link927']Those are also the same people who consider handheld poker games a video game, so ymmv ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh, and don't forget "generic plug & play #257" or "spongebob/barbie/thomas/spiderman plug and play #315" as well.

Ya, I get alot of offers of Hand Held Poker, The thin gi hate is how people this year are a lot tighter with stuff than they were last year. I think people just need more money this year so they are harder to CIF/Bargain with.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Oh, and don't forget "generic plug & play #257" or "spongebob/barbie/thomas/spiderman plug and play #315" as well.[/quote]

and stacks of Jumpstart Kindergarten-4th grade. If I get directed to a stack of Old Kids Edu-Tainment again I may have to take a trick from the guys in the Gamestop thread, knock over a table and burn rubber out of the driveway(while aiming for small pets).

P.S. Am I the only one that runs into acouple mini Chiuahas each week?

[quote name='Sinnbox']and stacks of Jumpstart Kindergarten-4th grade. If I get directed to a stack of Old Kids Edu-Tainment again I may have to take a trick from the guys in the Gamestop thread, knock over a table and burn rubber out of the driveway(while aiming for small pets).

P.S. Am I the only one that runs into acouple mini Chiuahas each week?[/quote]

U can't forget a good old Kelly Club game or a Tonka game :/.

bread's done
Back