Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='jaysapathy']This is a gaming board, not a reseller's board. Go back to Slickdeals where you belong.[/quote] What is wrong with buying stuff to resell at yard sales.

I bet that 99% of the people who go to yard sales for video games buy to resell, unless its a rare game to keep for their collection. Almost all of these yard salers already have tons of games, most likely including a copy of mario allstars, because of how common it is.

okay, we've all shared our thoughts on the subject... now let's get back to yard sale discussion, or we're gonna need a mod in here.

georox: make sure you double-check everything that looks like a DualShock 2 from here on out! i almost didn't, and it would've cost me this little goody. makes me wonder if i have passed them up before?!

[quote name='facemeat']Went out yard saling among other things yesterday, didn't find all that much, but it wasn't a horrible day:

First Sale: All they had in the way of video games was a copy of Assassins Creed for PS3 w/ Guide marked at $20. :roll: She said she'd go down to $15, but wouldn't go down to $10 as it was her son's. Passed on that, but did pick up the following:
Aug. '08 OPM - $0.25
Megadeth - So Far, So Good, So What! - $0.75 (Opened it up and also found a copy of Youthanasia in the case. :cool:)

Second Sale: This sale was just a bunch of over-priced, sealed PC games. No really, that's all they had, which I found weird for a yard sale.

Goodwill (Too lazy to make another post in the Thrift Store thread. >_>)
WeaponLord (GEN) - Cart Only - $1.30
Shadowman (N64) - Cart Only - $1.30
Star Wars Ep. 1 Racer (N64) - Complete - $1.30

Third Sale:
This sale looked like CRAP, but I managed to find something decent.
Baseball Stars (NES) - Cart Only - $0.50 (IAP was $1.00, asked if they'd take $0.50)

Fourth Sale:
This sale looked pretty bad to begin with too, but it turned out to be pretty good when I found this box:
Frog Bog (INTV) - Complete
NFL Football (INTV) - Complete
Space Armada (INTV) - Complete
Space Spartans (INTV) - Complete
B-17 Bomber (INTV) - Complete
Nova Blast (INTV) - Complete
Burgertime (INTV) - Complete
Sub Hunt (INTV) - Complete
Night Stalker (INTV) - Cart Only
Intellivoice Module - Complete
Timex Sinclair 1000 (No cords)
Sinclair 16k RAM Module - Complete
3 Cassette Programs for the Sinclair
Radioshack Pong Machine
Lotsa Paperwork
$10

Had a make offer sign on it, offered $10 because I thought it might come with an Intellivision, unfortunately it didn't, but it still wasn't a bad deal.

Total Spent: $15.40[/quote]

WOW, The Fleamarket owner in Gas City, Indiana just added alot to his inventory including those games!! coincidence?

Jaysapathy: This is a gaming board, not a reseller's board. Go back to Slickdeals where you belong.

Quit being a jerk, You know as well as us all that 90% of this board flips/resells extras we get ahold of.

[quote name='georox']I need to stumble upon a cheap Sixaxis, my PS3 still only has one controller.[/quote]

make sure you double-check whenever you think you see a "Dual Shock 2". i almost missed this one because of that!

[quote name='darkslime']Sorry about that.[/quote]
::shrug:: I didn't see anything "off topic".

Miss yardsaling this year, but I've been following the thread. You guys have been getting a lot of great stuff! I've been living vicariously through you all this season. :) It'll be good to get back out there.

Good to see you checking in Moiety. Everything ok? Now if our other resident ghost would check in (where are you Snotknocker?), it would be like old times. Speaking like I'm some veteran and all.

Speaking of Snotknocker, anyone else thought he may have CIF'd the wrong person? Hopefully he is not at the bottom of a dry well with the yard sale propietor saying "He puts the lotion in the basket." All in jest, hoping all is well with him.

will - Everything's fine, thanks for asking. We just passed the 6-week mark until the wedding so things are heating up. It was a tough year with the move, adjusting to new and longer commutes, and all the wedding planning, we just didn't have time to go yardsaling. But I've been checking the thread when I can and I'm glad to see everyone's been doing really well this season. We're looking forward to everything finally settling down, and of course to be able to start yardsaling again next year.

So, how good of a haul is this? Was asking $10, CIF'd $5 and accepted.

transformers005-1.jpg

No video game finds this last weekend, but I did score a huge bag of like 30 little people for my son for $2. Excellent teether toys once cleaned. Maybe better luck next weekend.

Pretty good weekend. Hit a humongous neighborhood sale. Not a lot of jaw droppers, but good volume at a decent price.

Complete SNES System & 2 Controllers
Primal Rage
Separation Anxiety
Zelda Link to the Past
Star Fox
Battle Clash
Mortal Kombat
Incredible Crash Dummies
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Metal Combat
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
$20

13 N64 Games
007 The World is not Enough
F1 Pole Position 64
Namco Museum
Star Fox 64
1080 Snowboarding
Turok 2
Duke Nukem 64
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire w/ Manual
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
Banjo-Kazooie x2
Banjo-Tooie x2
$10

5 Complete PS1 Games
Tomb Raider 2 GH
MegamanX 6
Jeopardy!
Rayman 2 The Great Escape
Croc Legend of Gobbos
$4

Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring (PC)

Prince of Persia Rival Swords (Wii)
$5

Resident Evil Nemesis Prima Guide
$1

Black PS2 Dual Shock Controller
$1

Black & Decker Electric Edger
$5

27" RCA TV
$5

Television Stand
$5

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II (DVD)

Only went to one yardsale today, because they advertised "Ps2 games and other consoles/games." It was raining pretty badly but I took a chance and went. I found a Sega Saturn with cords but no controller (not a big deal, I already have one) with a complete copy of Mortal Kombat 2, disc only copies (in generic cases) of Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter 2, and Daytona Usa for $5. Nothing spectacular, but it's the first time I've ever seen anything Sega Saturn at a yardsale, and $5 for a backup Sega Saturn isn't a bad deal.

I woke up at 5:30 and drove 40 miles this morning to hit a craigslist advertised yardsale that was to have "TONS of new and used games and systems, Legos, Star Wars Toys & MORE!" Emailed the guy asking him what he had, he said:

"a little bit of everything, nes, snes, n64, atari, dreamcast, playstation, gamecube, psp, xbox 360. I'm a collector and I'm thining things out. That's why I have a lot of sealed games."

I was excited, sounded excellent! Color me surprised when I got there first thing this morning and found:

10-15 NES games, individually priced, such as Contra: 15.00, SMB2 & 3: 10.00 Each, Excitebike: 5.00, etc.

No SNES games, one yellowed system for 5.00 which I did buy.

10 N64 games, again, ind. priced: Mario Kart: 15.00, Smash Bros: 20.00, etc.

No Atari Games, but a horrid looking Atari system.

No Dreamcast games or systems

No Playstation Games

3-4 Gamecube Games, Twilight Princess for 15.00, Wind Waker for 10.00, etc.

1 PSP game, Gangs of London, 9.00.

A few Xbox 360, only other thing I bought was Call of Juarez for 5.00, he had a new Gears of War for 30, a new Scene it for 30, etc.

Other things he had were a box of shitty NES accessories and systems, 10.00 for a system with no lid, 20.00 for one with a lid, not even all of the stuff in the box was for sale. Also had 2 Oddysey 2 Systems with a handful of commons for 35.00

Legos, he wanted 15.00 for some shitty loose blocks, and all his Star Wars crap was nothing more than overpriced garbage.

And yeah, I was the first one there, so these games weren't picked through or anything, that's really ALL he had! I drove 40 fucking miles for that because he talked it up so big, "SEALED games, I'm a collector, NES, SNES" blah blah fucking blah.

I was lucky I found some good stuff in the area around there or I'd have been furious all day.

[quote name='Cmosfm']he talked it up so big, "SEALED games, I'm a collector, NES, SNES" blah blah fucking blah.
[/quote]

that should have been your first clue. People who call themselves collectors will always want more than you're willing to pay.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']that should have been your first clue. People who call themselves collectors will always want more than you're willing to pay.[/QUOTE]

Actually, in my experience, "collectors" I've known that want to "thin out" their collection are usually looking to do just that, get rid of stuff, not profit off of it.

I got absolutly nothing today. However i did go to my local game store afterwards and i bought Phantasy Star 4, Sonic 3d blast and Sonic Spinball for 10 bucks.

Phantasy Star 4's label was pretty f'd up but still i couldn't not get it.

Silent Hill 2 (PS2, Complete, Non Greatest Hits) - $5

Good amount of Playstation 2 games at this yardsale (probably about 30-40ish) some other good ones like Shinobi, Shadow of Destiny and some other decent games but nothing rare or really even worth $10 which was the asking prices per a game! They also had a fat PS2 with 2 1st controllers and 2 memory cards for $30 which was the cheapest I've seen a PS2 yet at a yardsale around me. I offered $5 for Silent Hill 2 which was taken.

I got a genesis model 2 system for 3$, it came with 2 controllers, the power supply, rf switch, and a couple crappy games. They wanted 10$ but I quickly got them down to 3$. This is a good price for my area because when you see genesis systems they are 20$.

At another sale I got 2 sega pico cartridges for 25 cents each. I have no idea what I am going to do with these.

I also got 4 NES games (nothing notable), a box of 5 1/2 floppy disks, a NES RF switch, advanced dungeons and dragons for the commodore and a magic the gathering book at the thrift along with some old ninja turtles vhs tapes and an astro boy vhs from right stuff. I have no idea what I am going to do with the old PC stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the local sales got rained out this week, But i had fun sitting at the local gamestore talking to the owner in my down time, I bought alot of the games people brought in that he didnt want. Nohting notable, but dirt cheap.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Most of the local sales got rained out this week, But i had fun sitting at the local gamestore talking to the owner in my down time, I bought alot of the games people brought in that he didnt want. Nohting notable, but dirt cheap.[/quote]

Lol i did pretty much the same thing.

This was a pretty decent weekend for me... I didn't get much of anything but the quality is what won me over this weekend.

This was an unexpected find. I walked into a pawn shop to help someone shop for a DS Lite. While looking around I spotted a PS2 game for $4. I picked it up and realized I obtained a copy of:

Digital Devil Saga

I gave $4 for it and was on my way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2855967467/

This was a plesent pickup. I pulled up to this sale as it seemedthat a lot of video games items might be there from the ad description. I start looking through the boxes and found a bag of GBA games. I pulled out Metroid Zero Missions and a black GBA SP. He told me it was $20 for the whole thing. I thied to get him down to $15 but he wouldn't budge. I gave up the game and he came down to $12. I took it as it is a decent price for a GBA SP.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2856797076/

This was a pretty decent goodwill find. I walked in and started looking around and picked up the following 5 1/4 PC games:

AD&D Heroes of the Lance
AD&D Pool of Radiance
AD&D Cursae of the Azure Bonds
AD&D Hillsfar
DS Action Replay

The total for all of it was $15. Not to bad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2855961609/

This was probably my best find in the way of potential ROI for a while. This was the first sale of the day I went to. It was only about 2 miles from the house and the ad seemed to look promising. I pulled up and started walking around and noticed a laptop and a laptop bag below it marked $10. I looked at it and asked what was wrong. He said that it doesn't always come on when you hit the power button. I CIF'ed $7 and was about to leave and he asked if I was interested in that type of stuff. I said I knew a few things about them. He then told me that he had a second laptop that works just fine that he wanted to get rid of and he'd take $20. I said that I would like to take a look at it and when he brought it out, it worked fine but the keyboard didn't work. He said that he had been pluggin a USB keyboard up to it so it could be used. He said that instead he'd take $15 but nothing less. I gave in the $15 and then left. I got the first laptop home and it powered on just fine and has no problems that I have seen and I have already set it up on my wireless network at home. The second one I have not charged up yet and don't have an extra keyboard to use with it. Regardless, let's recap...

HP Pavilion zv5000
Gateway Laptop

Total was $22.00 Both are OK for the most part. This make 3 laptops I have picked up this year so far. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2855958911/

[quote name='allyourblood']i actually got some awesome non-gaming stuff, but here's the only on-topic item i found today:

PS3 Sony Playstation 3 SIXAXIS controller, $2

the picture looks funny; i just realized that PS3 contollers are see-thru (?!). if you can't tell, i don't yet own a PS3, but i've been mulling over buying one for several weeks. looks like i have a good excuse to pick one up now.

this came from a sale run by a dad and his 7 or 8-year old son. seeing it from a distance, i almost left the controller 'cause it looked like a regular Dual Shock 2, but i knew i should always check, and was glad when i did and found it was indeed a SIXAXIS. having never held one, i thought it must surely be missing its internal battery -- this thing was way too light!

i asked the dad how much he wanted, but he waved me off and pointed to his son. i shrugged, and asked the kid: he held up a couple fingers and said "two". now if it was anyone but a kid, or if the kid seemed like a brat, i would've haggled the price down to a buck, but i thought that was a really nice price, and the kid seemed really nice as well, so i forked over the two dollars and asked if he had any more, or any games for sale. he said no. i hefted the controller once more and said, "and it still works?", to which he replied, "yes". walking off to my car, i fiddled with all the buttons and sticks, and sure enough, as i was turning it over in my hands, i saw the red LEDs on the back of the controller light up! it still had a charge.

now all i need is a PS3.[/quote]

The only problem with the Sony controllers this gen is that the battery is internal and unless you know how to fudge around with it, you may end up having to send the controller to Sony once the battery goes on it. Otherwise, they're really nice controllers with phenomenal range. Great find for $2.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The only problem with the Sony controllers this gen is that the battery is internal and unless you know how to fudge around with it, you may end up having to send the controller to Sony once the battery goes on it. [/quote]

as long as i can find a replacement battery (when the time comes), i have no problem swapping it myself. i'm always opening controllers to clean or swap parts out anyway.

If they replace the batteries in the controller for free as they said they would then I don't see a problem with having to send it in for a free battery replacement.

[quote name='SaraAB']If they replace the batteries in the controller for free as they said they would then I don't see a problem with having to send it in for a free battery replacement.[/quote]

woah, they do?! (don't forget, i don't own a PS3 yet, so i have no idea about this stuff.)

but even so, i'd rather they just mailed me the battery, unless they cover shipping for me to send them the controller and get it back.

I swear they announced that at some point during the PS3 launch but it might have changed since then. The batteries will inevitably wear out (unless they are of GBA SP quality, those seem to NEVER wear out), although likely you will be able to get a 3rd party replacement thats just as good for 5$ or less at some point.

Think I saw a couple PS3 controller batteries on target clearance for like $3.

BTW, could whoever was getting the stacks of unreleased computer games give an update on that? I'm kind of curious about it.

[quote name='darkslime']Think I saw a couple PS3 controller batteries on target clearance for like $3.

BTW, could whoever was getting the stacks of unreleased computer games give an update on that? I'm kind of curious about it.[/QUOTE]

That was me, I'm still getting them pretty regularly, pretty much the same stuff, but some new things have come along such as Assassin's Creed DC's, CSI 4 Packs, etc. Also have been getting some unreleased audiobooks suck as Inkdeath and Brisinger, box sets such as Liberty's Kids and some women's wrestling somethingoranother, and also some Hellsing Ultimate IV Limited Editions that have some kind of art book and 2 dvd's in it.

[quote name='Cmosfm']That was me, I'm still getting them pretty regularly, pretty much the same stuff, but some new things have come along such as Assassin's Creed DC's, CSI 4 Packs, etc. Also have been getting some unreleased audiobooks suck as Inkdeath and Brisinger, box sets such as Liberty's Kids and some women's wrestling somethingoranother, and also some Hellsing Ultimate IV Limited Editions that have some kind of art book and 2 dvd's in it.[/quote] 0_o That's awesome. Wish I had contacts like that.

I won't be out this week because I will be holding my own yard sale. Finally it will be good weather this weekend! Its criminal that the local paper charges 43$ just to place a yard sale ad but I went with the paper that was one city over and it was only 18.50. Many residents here get that paper and in theory I might actually be reaching a wider audience. Of course the usual craigslist ads will also be posted.

I still have to clean out a lot of stuff, I am trying to make room for bookshelves in my storage room, not as easy as it sounds when you have as much crap as I do.

[quote name='SaraAB']I won't be out this week because I will be holding my own yard sale. Finally it will be good weather this weekend! Its criminal that the local paper charges 43$ just to place a yard sale ad but I went with the paper that was one city over and it was only 18.50. Many residents here get that paper and in theory I might actually be reaching a wider audience. Of course the usual craigslist ads will also be posted.

I still have to clean out a lot of stuff, I am trying to make room for bookshelves in my storage room, not as easy as it sounds when you have as much crap as I do.[/quote] Don't get manipulated by CIF. XD

LOL I know about that tactic since I use it, honestly most of the stuff I am selling is junk so I really don't care what people pay me for it. Its funny when you are at a sale and talking about CIF and everyone looks at you all miffed. The purpose of this sale is to get rid of stuff. I am putting out games but those have prices that will not be negotiated on.

Bought a 1 GB flash drive $1

Saw an xbox with 10 games and 2 controllers $300
Saw a fat ps2 all hookups and 5 games for $40
Saw a Nes all hookups 20 misc dirty games for $25, there were only a few games I would have been interested in such as Mario 3, ducktales, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles plus the resale value on ebay and the hassle wasnt worth it

Lastly
Sega Genesis model 2 all hookups, about 15 games, 3 still shrink wrapped, most of the games were sports. Did have sonic 2, beavis and butthead and a few others. They wanted $35 I passed.

Decided to FINALLY start going out to hit some sales after talking about it for months. Looks like I picked a good week too, a bunch of multifamily sales and a large one at one of the high schools nearby. Hopefully I find something good, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for my first trip ever.

dsc04805bt8.jpg

Captain Skyhawk
Clu Clu Land w/ Manual
Gyromite
Magic Johnson's Fast Break
Total: $5
Pocketbike Racer: $0.50
Final Fantasy VII GH (Missing Disc 3): $3

These are all of last week's finds, got them at a huge "garage sale" in a nearby convention center. Not too bad, but this is the third incomplete FFVII I've found this year! At least this time it has the case and manual.

092008140700te6.jpg

Skies of Arcadia
Sonic Adventure
Command & Conquer: Worldwide Warfare
Descent 3
Deus Ex
Fallout 2
Total: $10

Snagged these from a sale that advertised games early Friday, I had no idea Skies of Arcadia was worth as much as it is! That's pretty neat. I tried to grab PC games that I thought were the most valuable and it looks like I mostly failed, but Fallout 2 seems to be worth a few bucks.

092008140500ht6.jpg

Sega Dreamcast w/ Hookups, 2 Controllers, VMU, Rumble Pak
NBA 2K1
NFL 2K1
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2
Sonic Adventure
World Series Baseball 2k1
WWF Royal Rumble
Madden 2001 (PC)
Total: $10

I don't usually buy Dreamcasts, but it was the only reasonably priced thing all day, and I do have some other games I wouldn't mind getting rid of by selling with it.

Only found a few stuff but after looking online I passed up some stuff I should have bought.

Got:

Beyond the Beyond
Wipeout 64
Gex 64: Enter The Gecko

Paid: $5

For some reason I wasn't thinking straight cause I passed up Parappa The Rapper and Command and Conquer for the Saturn. Oh well, I wasnt really interested in playing those games anyway, they would have been a building block to my collection.http://www.amazon.com/Parappa-Rappe..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1221938021&sr=1-1

The first sale I went to I got the memory. I got both for $10 hoping they would work for my laptop, but it turns out my laptop uses slightly faster ram. Oh well, I could put it on craigslist.

The next find is the bundle of Nintendo stuff for $10. I got it mainly for the Mario GBA game. I don't know what to do with the other two GBA games. I think I'll sell the original Gameboy, but I don't know what I'll do with the Gameboy Color and games. I also got a state quarter book from them as well.

My last find was the two CDs for $4. I got a nice piano one and the first album by Toto. I liked the music they did for Dune, so I thought I'd give this a try.

I got a ps1, 2 steering wheels w/ pedals, 7 games and 2 dvds for $20. Nothing of note.

However my wife got the motherload:

She found an N64 and SNES with hookups and 1 controller apiece. Also:

banjo kazooie
nascar 99
rogue squadron
southpark
world driver
no mercy
killer instinct
jurassic park
tony hawk
super smash brothers!!!!!!
madden 2000
desert strike
mario rpg!!!

2 Weeks ago i Posted about not getting anything but I talked to a couple that had games well they called me and I went over there and they had like three boxes of stuff.

These people were great to meet they are elderly and do Estate sales and huge auctions and stuff

So I went and they had Five Nintendos and three segas a Sega CD/Genisis comob whats that worth? An N64

And games for everything

I just bought a
Nintendo 2 controlleres the zapper the multi tap switch super mario bros 3 and mario/duck hunt for 15 bucks over payed for a yard sale but...

I got a complete copy of Lunar The Silver STar it has a crack in the case but the manual and disc are in nearly mint condition price check?

and price check on that sega/sega cd combo? I dont know the value of it so but they said I could come back anytime and pick it up for like 20 bucks at the most

I had my own yard sale this weekend and made like 65$ off junk. Whats really sad about this area is you can't sell much at a yard sale. First of all the average income for my city is 27k. Second its probably even lower for my immediate area. I had to give away a shelving unit for free and an old stereo that worked for 3$ just so I didn't have to junk it. The person who bought the stereo carried it home several blocks on foot and it was heavy too! Third people simply do not have cars to haul home your stuff off your lawn. They can't afford gasoline to drive. I had everything marked REALLY cheap, like 25 and 50 cents. Most of my customers were customers that had walked well over a mile (or were from the immediate area) to get to my sale and could only buy what they could carry. It was really sad but I was able to make some money off junk and get almost an entire room cleaned out. Someone did buy an N64 for 15$ which was very good, but overall you can't sell any item thats over 10-15$ here because its simply too much for this area. The people who bought stuff were really thankful that I was selling it very cheap. The economy going down is really showing here.

8 hours of yard sales
over 120 hit!
~150$ spent
loooong post.

Another big day this weekend but I can't find me memory card for the pics, will prob update later

Finally Passed 3000 unique games in my collection!

NES + Hookups
2 NES Controllers
Dreamcast + Hookups
4 Controllers
3 VMU
2 Memory Card
Bang! Gunship Elite
Crazy Taxi
Crazy Taxi 2
Sega Smash Pack
Toy Commander
WS BBall 2k1
Maximum Pook
Demolition Racer
Super Magnetic Neo
Sonic Adv
test Drive Le Mans
Midway Arcade V2
$25

PS1 Games
Tomb Raider 2
Disney Magical Racing
Monsters Inc
Crash 2
Spongebob Supersponge
Stuart Little 2
Bratz
Spyro
Ms Pac Man Maze
Easter Bunny Big Day
My Disney Kitchen
Big Bear in the Big Blue House
Scooby Doo Cyber Chase
Pac-Man World CD
Ridge Racer CD
Namco Museum 3 CD
Scrabble CD
$4

Furu Furu Park Wii
Kingdom Hearts Non-GH
KH Guide
Banjo Kazooie Guide
Xtreme Sports GBC
Nin World Cup GB
Ducktales Season 1 DVD Set
$15

Jak 2
Star Wars Racer Revenge
$3

Guitar Hero 2 360 with Guitar
Gears of War
Timeshift
Frontlines
Assassin's Creed
FEAR - PC
$30

Scarface PS2
Da Vince Code PS2
Ty Tasmanian Tiger PS2
Driver 2
Res Evil DC
Tetris Plus
Game of Life
MOH
Driver
$10

Resident Evil Dir Cut
Castlevania SOTN Non-GH
Threads of Fate
$10

Mega Man X8
Yugioh Sacred Cards
Mucha Lucha GBA
Yugioh 7 Trials to Glory
Yguoh DBT
DBZ Card Game
Scooby Doo
$11

Caesar's Palace SNES
Beavis and Butthead SNES
MK SNES
6 Sports SNES Games
NBA Courtside N64
Mario Kart N64
N64 Controller
Ps2 RFU Adapter
Gameshark N64
Gameboy with neat case
Tetris
Navy Seals
Alleyway
Dr Mario
MArio 2
Power Rangers
T2
$15

2 N64s (only 1 TV cable)
Extra Jumper Pack
3 Controllers
1st Party Rumble Pack in Box
Vigilante 8 CIB
Cruisn USA CIB
Knif Edge CIB
Perfect Dark CIB
Yoshi's Story
mario 64
Lamborghini
Gameshark
$20

Pac-Man Coleco 1981 Stand Alone

Animal Crossing DS
Coolboarders 3 PS1
Galaga NES CIB
Starfox 64
Metroid ZM
THPS 3 GBA
Ninja Storm GBA
DBZ II GBA
Asteroid GBC
Bugs Life GBC
Batman Beyond GBC
Sonic 2 Kid's Book
3 Lara Croft Figures
Mario Advance 2 Box/Man only
Various Manuals
$9.50

GameGear with Case & AC Adapter - all games with cases
Xmen
WS BAseball
Nba Jam
BustaMove
NFL 95
Tom Jerry the Movie
Ecco
NHL Hockey
$5

and finall the find of the day!

NES - with hookups and manual
3 Controller
Gun
Mario 2 CIB
Mario 3 CIB
Dr Mario CIB
Othello CIB
Rollerball CIB
Adv Island CIB
Krazy Kreatures CIB
Loops CIB
Tetris CIB
Snake Rattle Roll CIB
Thunder & Lightning CIB
Tiny Toons
Mario bros
Ghosts n Goblines
Kickle Cubicle x2
with Manual
Tyson Punch Out
Dragon Warrior
Roller Games
Qbert
Jeopardy
Wheel of Fortune
Mega Man 2 with Manual
Rad Racer
with Manual
Family Feud
Black bass
Casino Kid
Millipede
T&C Surf Designs
Marble Madness
Pinball
with Manual
Vegas Dream
Pac-Man
Ducktales
with Manual
Yoshi Box/Man Only

$15

Crazy Minigolf 3D - Free

Asked about games at this sale and the lady showed me this that I missed that was with the books. She said that she thought it was chinsy (sp?) and didn't like how it controlled with her trackball mouse. It was .10 and when I asked her about change as I only had a quarter she said I could just have it lol

Baseball Stars - $2
Cyber Stadium Series: Base Wars - $2

These were actually from a Thursday (8 family) yardsale. I've been to this house in previous years, $2 was the asking price and I usually don't even bother haggling any more on stuff with initials as it's usually not in the sale runners hands when that's the case or they come down in price a little bit at best sometimes acting like your trying to rob them in haggling! They also had Othello, Bases Loaded II & some Sesame Street game I passed on. I have been wanting a copy of Base Wars (but not bad enough to go the online route for it) so I figured that $2 would have to work even if it seemed rather rich compared to most yardsale worthy NES finds.

Pokemon Red - $1

Found this at an unadvertised yardsale I passed by, they had a GBC with some hunting game and Pokemon Red in the system. I asked about buying just Pokemon Red and the lady said she would take a dollar for it which I gave her as I felt like she was being nice letting me buy just the game at $1 and didn't think it would good yetiquette (yard sale etiquette) to counter with something like .50 (a buck being good enough for me anyways).

Atari 2600 Controller Plug & Play - .50

Saw this at a house I've been to before with no price. Picked it up and asked how much .50 which I paid. I'm pretty sure I saw this plug & play at this sale before but didn't bother with it and I can't remember why (maybe had a high price that time or because the sale was busy and I didn't want it that bad and figured they'd want to much if it didn't have a price on it etc)

Super Smash Bros Melee [Best Seller] (Complete) - $5

Saw this with some other GameCube & Playstation 2 games all marked $5 probably the only other ones worth that or more being Pokemon Channel & Pokemon Colossem that I passed on since I didn't have much if any interest in them so I knew I'd never get to playing them. Didn't bother haggling again as $5 was good for SSBM and it was tagged with a kid's initials. This lady actually recognized me from a yardsale at this house two years ago and remembered taking my number as she mentioned having a Sega Genesis when I asked about video games 2 years ago. She apologized and said she lost my number (shortly after taking it) and it sounded as if she never did find the Genesis stuff.

Tyco Power Plug (SNES, New)
Monopoly (SNES, CIB)
Sim City (SNES, CIB)
Super Solitaire (SNES, CIB)

$5

Unadvertised sale, the people were still setting up a lot of stuff when I got to it at about 8:30. I found the Power Plug sitting out and the middle aged lady helping her parents set up said a buck would do since it wasen't priced. I asked about video games and the older lady running the sale mentioned a box with some game stuff around that she saw the night before that she didn't put out yet but would hold for me once she found it if I came back, I was thinking it could be a SNES with games. I came back a half hour later and the lady's husband put it out after being asked to put it aside lol It was a box with what I bought along with some DVDs, CDs etc and 3 other games I put back (2 golf games & Wheel of Fortune all CIB for the SNES) When I came up with what I got along with the 3 games I put back the older lady got her husband to wheel and deal with me mentioning that she doesn't know anything about this stuff. The husband came up and asked what I got, I was thinking about opening up with $3 for it all but he was pretty much assessing what I had right away asking me what it was and came at me with how about $15. I walked away thinking about it and put 3 games back to which a guy looking though the box that came up as I first started looking though it in a joking way asked if I wasen't getting the deal I wanted (over hearing the guy) when he saw me putting back a few games. I walked back up to the guy and CIF'd him $5 holding what I ended up with which he said ok to as he was trying to settle his dog down that was staked into the yard on a lease near the tables set up.

When I was talking to the guy he mentioned something about a system and not being sure where it was. I was thinking they might find it but it didn't seem worth waiting around for or coming back later and dealing down on the price if they unearthed what could be a (boxed?) SNES. I figured it was probably gone years ago as not seeing any side scrollers or good action games in the bunch of games they had. I was thinking that gramps might not have realized it if Jr took the SNES with him years ago with the games he'd actually play (Super Mario World etc) only leaving behind what he'd never play and considered the dreck.

NES With 2 1st Party Controllers, RF & AC Adaptor & Gray Zapper

Dr Mario Manual

Games
Bart Vs The World, The Simpsons (With Manual)
Baseball Stars
Batman Returns (With Manual)
Donkey Kong Classics
Kirby's Adventure (With Manual)
Mega Man 6
Metroid (Yellow Label Complete)
Mission Impossible
NES Open Tournament Golf (With Manual)
NES Play Action Football
StarTropics (With Manual)
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros 2 (With Manual)
Super Mario Bros 3 (With Manual)
Tecmo Super Bowl
[And 9 slip covers between all of the games]

$10

Asked about video games at a sale, it was an older couple probably in their 60s maybe abit older and mostly knick knacks out for sale at this YS, definately not the yardsale you would expect to yeild anything video game related by asking. The lady said that her husband had a NES and flagged him over as he was out by the drive way kind of like he was working on the floor (if this was a store) he went in and brought out all of this stuff then walked off. I said something to the lady about how he didn't talk prices and asked if it worked which she said it was last used by the grand kids about a month ago and it works. She said how about $15 to which I replied back with $10 which was taken. I thanked her and the guy on the way out for the trouble of rounding up the stuff as I was leaving. NES Open Tournament Golf was in the system and the Metroid box had all of the manuals in it.

This is the first time I've seen Mega Man 6 in the wild and with that Mega Man 5 is the only NES Mega Man I haven't come across in the wild over the last few years. I didn't look at all of the manuals until yesterday but was really hoping for a manual for Mega Man 6 to be in the bunch as I actually have a Mega Man 6 box that a buddy gave me years ago when he was clearing out some stuff to appease the old lady.

Pretty good week yardsaling overall and my biggest list of sales this year (went to about 21 sales just in my town with only 2 being just outside of town). I'll have to remember for now on that the last weekend of summer is when most people figure is the last good chance at having a yardsale for the season around here.

Went to a YS and did the usual ask for games and they responded that they just sold it to the guy "over there". Went over and struck up a conversation with the guy and asked what he got. N64 & PS1. I asked if he had any games in there and he said "Smash something or other". He didn't seem to be to interested or knowledgeable so I asked if he wanted to sell it. He said $5 and I took it.

Smash Bros. (N64)
$5

Was at another sale at a church school and found a big pile of PS1 games. Came across a GH Metal Gear Solid in really good shape and asked how much for all the PS1 games. Lady said "I don't know, $3 apiece?" Looked in the wallet and only had $2. Took the $2 out of the wallet right in front of her and $2 CIF'd. She got a little bit of an attitude and said that because it was a double disk, she was charging double and would only accept $3 for it. Wha? $3 = $6 in church math. I told her I only had $2 on me and that I could find PS1 games for $1 all the time. She would not budge.

So I trudged back to the car. I decided to look in the change holder and found $1 in miscellaneous change. Ordinarily, I would have just headed on up the road, but the game was in really good shape. I headed back to the lady and told her I found an extra $1 in change and she responded with "So that's how you are?!" At that point I could have punched her in the mouth. I called her a smartass and did a 180 back to the car. I was in full magazine rack and glitter mode. Funny how something as trivial as a 10 year old video game and a person with a not so great attitude can play with your emotions.

As an aside, I was watching My Name is Earl last night and there was a scene with a yard sale in it and I found myself scanning the tables for evidence of video game stuff. I think I may have a problem.

[quote name='willc23']As an aside, I was watching My Name is Earl last night and there was a scene with a yard sale in it and I found myself scanning the tables for evidence of video game stuff. I think I may have a problem.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I did that exact same thing. :)

bread's done
Back