Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='thack'] also picked up a Sega Nomad for $1.[/quote]

Worse comes to to worse you can replace the screen. There are many power cord replacement options. If it works that is one hell of a deal!!!

Today wasn't bad. Picked up Zelda TP (GCN), Animal Crossing (GCN/PC) and 2 original SNES controllers for $12. They also had a loose Mario Paint mouse, but no SNES games and no SNES console. :cry:

I did find a Genesis (V2) with about 10-12 common games marked at $20. I offered $10 thinking I was being extremely generous, and he countered with $15. He then went on to tell me that controller port 2 doesn't work. I walked away.

Oh yeah, I also got to pet a bunny. :)

gs1.jpg
bunny.jpg

dsc05063h.jpg

Today's find:

N64 w/ Hookups, 2 Controllers, Expansion Pak
Jumper Pak
4x Memory Card
007 The World Is Not Enough
Doom 64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mission: Impossible
Perfect Dark
Quake

Total: $20

Went back to one house from yesterday that said they'd bring over some games for me today, but the person who said they would hadn't arrived yet. Left my number in case it's anything good. Then went out to a big neighborhood sale. Found this at the last house we went to, right by my car. I looked at the sale from across the street, saw lots of girl stuff, and decided to pass. Looked at it on the way back, and right behind all the My Little Pony stuff were these games! 007 and Quake were missing from my collection, as well as the black controller, so that's nice. Oh, and the 32X Doom manual was in the Doom 64 box, that was funny to find.

I didn't have much luck at all this weekend except for one pretty good deal.

Friday I went out to a community sale that advertised nintendo games. One sale had a couple NES games and I picked up Zelda, Dr. Mario, and Donkey Kong Classics for $2. The sale that had the games advertised had some NES and SNES games that didn't seem worthwhile.

That was everything until I got back home and saw a new craigslist post for a 10am sale with N64 games. I had to be at my university at 10 but since it was one my way, I stopped by at 9:45 just to see if I could determine whether the games were good. He said the games were at his other house and I gave him my number. I did pick up Brave Fencer Mushashi and Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring Box set for $3 while I was there.

Later, I talked to the guy I gave my number to and I ended up picking up 2 N64s (I tested one and it works with an Expansion pack which I didn't have) and 15 games. I looked at the games and saw DK64 and a few games I used to own growing up and got nostalgic. He asked for $10 and I accepted. I wasn't even wanting the consoles (except for the expansion pack) but they were a nice bonus.

Today I didn't find much of anything. I went to a community sale but I didn't know when it started. I got there at 7:30 and it was crowded. I saw a boxed PS1 with some worthless games marked 25 and didn't even bother to make an offer. Another sale I asked about games and a young girl brought out her PS2 games which were all children's games. I passed. The only thing I got today was a universal RF adaptor for $1. One of the N64s I got yesterday didn't have the A/V cable and I'm sure I'll get more stuff missing the cables.

So despite going to about 50 sales or so from all the community sales, I ended up only getting one good deal. It makes me want to only go to sales that advertise games, but on the other hand some of the best deals may come from just that one random sale you find unadvertised...

NES:

Donkey Kong Classics
Dr. Mario
Zelda

N64

Donkey Kong 64
Win Back
Off Road Challenege
San Franciso Rush
Toy Story 2
WCW vs NWO
BattleTanx
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
Turok Rage Wars
007 Goldeneye
Turok
Road Rash 64
South Park

PS1
Brave Fencer Mushashi

Universal RF Adaptor

Total Spent:$16

Most of the games were too dirty to play but I've gotten about half of them to work with some cleaning. The others should play with a second cleaning or third cleaning.

I just got back from yard saling. Didn't find much at all today. I did get a box of old Nintendo Powers -- which included strategy guides for Pokemon Yellow/Red/blue, Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby, and Super Mario Advance 4 -- all for $1. I don't really have much use for the magazines, so maybe they will go to Goodwill.

Found a Karaoke Revolution American Idol Encore with Mic for the Wii. $20. Normally wouldn't pay anything like that at a Garage Sale but considering the game I figured I should.

Got some decent stuff today. Nothing mindblowing though.

PS1: (~$3 each).
Resident Evil 2 (greatest hits)
Spider-Man (greatest hits)
Frogger 2 Swampy's Revenge
Caesar's Palace 2000
Ridge Racer Revolution
Panzer General

Xbox 360 - $3 each.
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
LOTR: Battle For Middle-Earth II
Over G Fighters

Also got a case of 24 generic (vhs?) plastic cases that will be great for my cartridge-only games, all for $1. They have clear plastic overlays so I can print my own covers. Neat.

And what is turning out to be my favorite purchase, a set of Boston BA745 computer speakers. Really great sound, love the subwoofer. It was only $5.

Got a lot of stuff today. We hit about 30 garage sales or so.

PS One (White Mini Unit) with Controller and hookups and *GASP* NFL Gameday 2003 inside! - $12

Ms. Pac-Man and Frogger Plug and Play Units - $3

Balder's Gate II (PC) - $2
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 (PC) - $2
5x Pokemon TCG Collector's Tins (Empty) - $1 Each, $5 Total
Pokemon TCG Deoxys Deck (Minus the Holo) - $.25

Gamecube Games:
Ghost Recon
Operation Desert Storm II: Back to Baghdad
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Medal of Honor: European Assault
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Kirby's Air Ride
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Wario World
$2 Each

Fear Factor: Season 1 DVD Sealed - $.50
Biology Study Cards (For my AP Bio test coming up) - $.50
NES Zapper (Not pictured, orange) - $.50
Conflict (NES) - $.50
Best of American Idol Seasons 1-4 - $2
Final Fantasy IX (All 4 Discs, but no real case or inserts, all in jewel cases) - $1
Spider-Man 3 Blu-Ray - $5

and the find of the day in my opinion...

Halo 3 (Xbox 360) - $5
Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360) - $5
Forza 2/ Marvel Ultimate Alliance Combo - $5

'Twas a good day...

First yard sale day of the year and first post ever in the thread! :applause:

Muncie, IN area - Went out with my sister, niece and nephew today. Was mostly a bust - went to a couple of neighborhood rummages, but they were either filled with "old people" stuff (glassware, fabrics / sewing materials, antiques and the like) or tools.

Went to some individual sales too; a few had some games (mostly GC, PS2, and XBox), but I'd say a good 75% of them didn't come with the manuals and/or were sports games that I'm not interested in regardless, all priced for at least $4 a game (saw some upwards of $5 and $6). Is it just me, or is that WAY too high of a price to ask for a game with no manual? o_O

Finally found something of value - a Logitech driving wheel for the Gamecube for $2. Was absolutely filthy, and I was afraid that it wouldn't work, but I figured for $2, it was worth a shot. Cleaned it up and it works just fine, so that made my day, really. In retrospect, I should've taken a picture of it before and after the cleaning so you all could see it, but alas, my memory failed me at the time.

Same sale had a N64 with no price on it. Started looking it over to make sure all of the cords were there, etc. and saw that the end of the AV cord was damaged - as in, it's NOT going to plug into someone's TV. Why people even try to sell stuff like that is beyond me.

So yeah, one game related purchase, and not much else to speak of. Did find four Pokemon VHS tapes (the ones with episodes from the very first season) that were in really good condition for $0.25 a piece and two Shel Silverstein books: Where the Sidewalk Ends and A Light in the Attic, both hardback, both for a quarter a piece as well (grew up reading his stuff - FANTASTIC price after seeing that Target has them for $15 a piece).

Already made plans to go out next weekend as well - hopefully I'll fare better.

Found SNES (with cords and a controller) and the following games:
-Turtles 4: Turtles in Time
-Lethal Enforcers
-Super R-Type
-Super Mario World
-The Jungle Book
-Jurassic Park
-Wheel of Fortune
-Raiden Trad
-ActRaiser
-Batman Forever
-Super Godzilla
-Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
-WWF Royal Rumble
-Tetris 2
-D-Force
-F-Zero
-The Adventure of Kid Kleetz (R7. Neato)
And what looks like a fighter pad for the Snes.
Got it all for $20 asking price.

First time going out since 2007. School, an internship at GameTrailers.com and not enough time kept me out.

But I am back, went to the local flea market today and got the following:

SNES:
  • Star Fox
  • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
  • Mario Kart
  • Mortal Kombat II
  • Jurrasic Park
  • Ken Griffy Jr Baseball
N64:

• Mario Kart 64
  • Goldeneye

All of those for $10, not bad but some decent games in there.

Then I got a box of Atari 5200 games for $5, which to be honest, I have never seen in the wild before. I usually see the 2600 stuff. Amazing to see the genesis of Atari's down fall in these slightly upgraded carts.

Included was a "Double-Ender" with what must be Chuck Norris' first video game.

Wassup! Good to see this thread is still alive and kicking. Also good to see a bunch of new posters.

Had my first organized outing of the season yesterday and scored quite a bit of awesomeness. I'll try and get pics and stories up between today and tomorrow.

Hoping to get out more this season than last. Between injury and work, last season was mediocre for me to say the least. This year I won't be working Saturdays and have recovered from my back injury so ................ with a little help from the yard sale gods I'll be able to build my collection and score some great items to flip. If yesterday was any indication how the season will be I'd have to say I'm off to an awesome start.

To the guy that was afraid to lowball offer on something. This type of reservation will definately cause you to lose out on some good deals. "Always, always, make an offer, no matter what" You never know what someone is willing to take and if they get insulted do say something like "You can't blame a guy for trying" or just wish em a nice day and leave. Bottom line is you'll probably never buy anything from them anyway or for that matter ever see them again. I can't count the number of times that someone's IAP was absurd and I walked away with the goods at an amazing price.

And to you newbs, check out the Wiki and the threads from previous years theres tons and tons of good info to enhance your YS skills.

Catch up with you later!

[quote name='snotknocker']Wassup! Good to see this thread is still alive and kicking. Also good to see a bunch of new posters.

Had my first organized outing of the season yesterday and scored quite a bit of awesomeness. I'll try and get pics and stories up between today and tomorrow.

Hoping to get out more this season than last. Between injury and work, last season was mediocre for me to say the least. This year I won't be working Saturdays and have recovered from my back injury so ................ with a little help from the yard sale gods I'll be able to build my collection and score some great items to flip. If yesterday was any indication how the season will be I'd have to say I'm off to an awesome start.

To the guy that was afraid to lowball offer on something. This type of reservation will definately cause you to lose out on some good deals. "Always, always, make an offer, no matter what" You never know what someone is willing to take and if they get insulted do say something like "You can't blame a guy for trying" or just wish em a nice day and leave. Bottom line is you'll probably never buy anything from them anyway or for that matter ever see them again. I can't count the number of times that someone's IAP was absurd and I walked away with the goods at an amazing price.

And to you newbs, check out the Wiki and the threads from previous years theres tons and tons of good info to enhance your YS skills.

Catch up with you later![/quote]

Nice to see you still around, I am seeing some familiar "faces" in these posts.

[quote name='darkslime']it always works better for me to not cif just offer the money because I will always accidently pull more money than I'm offering them out of my pocket.
[/quote]

[quote name='SaraAB']I usually go to another part of the sale and discreetly pull out what I am willing to offer then I go and do the CIF. It will work about 97% of the time.
[/quote]

I keep singles in my pocket, folded once and count them out with my fingertips. I can then pull out exactly the amount I want to CIF. I do what saraab does if it it a more expensive item. I also carry a quarter with me because it doesn't jingle, and it allows me to CIF less than $1 amounts without breaking $1. :cool:

Pretty good start to the year

Green N64 with box (but no foam insert?)
2 3rd Party Controllers, transfer pak, 2 mem cards
18 Games incl.
Mario 64 with Guide
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 3
Zelda OOT with Guide
DK 64
Banjo Tooie
Kirby 64
Goldeneye
all 18 games with manuals
Perfect Dark Guide
$32

God of War Non GH
Harvest Moon Wond Life
Star Wars KOTOR
$6

Xbox Smaller Controller
$1

PsOne Mini
Digimon World
Game of Life
Crash Racing
Jet Moto 3
Pokemon Pearl Cart Only
Poke Gold
Poke Yellow
Poke Blue
Super Mario Land
Poke Red
About 30 SNES/GG/GB Manuals
$15

Red GBA SP with Charger
Wario Ware Smooth Moves
Mario Advance 2
Mario and Luigi
Disney Skateboard
Monsters Inc
TMNT
Poke Crystal
Disney Skate Adv
$15

5 Random Xbox Games
$4

11 DVDs with Eight Disney Movies
$7.50

Gamcube with all wires + controller
1 Platinum Wavebird + Dongle
$15

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't even seen any systems or games I am even interested in so far this year, but I did score a GB color hard case shaped like a GB fo r.50. It is big and purple and mint condition, so I couldn't resist. I am sure some parent bought it for their kid who HATED it and it sat in a closet until the sale. It's hilarious.

Scored a few decent items. I went to 5 random sales and found nothing, then I hit up a neighborhood sale and got some finds. Both times I had to ask and they went into their house to grab them (remember to ask folks! I would have found very little in my small yard sale career if I didn't ask at every sale).

This was the first house I hit in the neighborhood sale. I asked for games, and the husband came out with this:

boxedn64.jpg

Wound up getting it for $25. The games aren't that good, which is too bad, because everything was in IMMACULATE condition. I mean, the controllers still had the twisty ties around the wires. Games were ALL complete, and the system had manuals/styrofoam inserts.

The games were Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark, NFL Blitz 2000, NBA Live 2000, Madden '99, Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey, NBA Hang Time. 4 controllers, a rumble pak, and two memory cards.

The only other find was at another house, and when I asked for games the three women sitting there said no. But then the husband said yes (I've noticed the women never seem to know whether or not they have games). He pulled out 5 Xbox games from his basement, and then I asked if he had the system to sell, and he went and got that.

cagxbox.jpg

$20 for the lot. I needed a headset and wanted Halo 2, so those are going to my collection. Xbox's aren't worth much but it was in great condition and I've never owned an original Xbox, so I thought it was a decent deal. The guy asked if I was interested in DVDs and I said not right now, but in retrospect I should have seen what he had.

My outing yesterday was a town wide sale. Hit probably 70-80+ in about 6 hours with a 20 minute break to get some refreshment. I was well prepared with cargo shorts pockets filled with different denominations of cash for quick CIF and my GPS and a town map so I did'nt wander aimlessly or repeat sales I already hit. I was out at 7:30 and got probably 50% of the gaming goodies before 10 AM

In no particular order

116 authentic DVD's from 3 different sales
65 DVD"s - $20
38 DVD's - $15
13 DVD's - $5
All sales were asking $1.00 ea. CIF'd said amounts and was accepted without any countering. There were tons of DVD's at different sales but most were 3-5 each. I almost passed on the 13 for 5 but there were some classics like Spaceballs, The Jerk and Caddyshack - so I had tpo bite.

Individual sales
DKC, SMB3, Topsy Turvy, Yoshi's Island - TOTAL $4
SMB Deluxe - TOTAL $2
Crash of the Titans - TOTAL $4
Pokemon Ruby - Total $3
CIF'd $4 for the first 4 games, SMB IAP was $2 and would not budge, Pokemon game was from some little kid about 11 or 12 with an awesome retro 70's Black Sabbeth tour shirt. We struck up a conversation and he was a guitarist and heavy into classic rock, I thought he was cool so I CIF'd $3 more than I would normally would for a game. The crash game was from another little kid who wanted $4 a game - he had like 3 or 4. I initially passed thinking he would be able to sell it for $4 to someone, he also had a little lemonade stand and I went to purchase a cup and he was like "mister you sure you don't want to buy that game" he had like these sad eyes and s*it and he totally got me. I told him to go get the game and gave him the $4 + another $1 for a .25 cup of lemonade. I'm such a sucka sometimes.

Silver GBA SP complete in box, perfect condition except one small scratch on cover. FF Tactics, FF crystal chronicels, RE0 all complete - TOTAL $10
Guy had a lot of games mostly PC, GBA was marked $9 w/game and the 2 other games were a $1. Some other buyer was was trying to haggle him on some other games with no success - so I just CIF'd him $10 and he took it

Stack (20) of gamecube and PS2. Standouts MP4 and pokemon GOD - TOTAL $12
IAP on this stuff was $2.50 each, I CIF'd $10 but was countered with $12

Stack of sports cards -TOTAL $1
There was a lady running this sale and I asked how much for the cards she responded with $1. i was'nt sure if she meant each or for all. I decided to scoop them up and try and pay the $1 and see what happens. She took the $1. Not big into the sports card think but for a $1 I think I did OK

SNES system w/ controllers and hookups ans 25 games w/manuals. Stand outs Mana, FFIIII, DK3, Link, Mario all stars. TOTAL- $15 Asked for games at this sale and the guy said he had a box went and got them as I went through them I saw the Mana. Those of you that know me know I've been trying to find this for like 3 years now. I asked how much and he came back with $25 but he was kinda like asking me and not telling so I countered with $15 which he hesitated on but took.

Hopefully there won't be any horder comments on this one. I do resell so YS'ing is kind of a side buisiness.
SNES SOM, FFIII, Super Metroid, Lemmings, Raiden Trad, MTPO, Tetris TOTAL - $8
This sale had about 30 mixed SNES and NES games. I pulled these out of the stack and tried to CIF $5 without asking for a price. The mom countered with $10 I tried $7 but she stood firm saying she remembered paying $50 for some of them. I tried $8 CIF and she took it. 3 years looking for mana and BOOM! 2 in one day, not to mention 2 FFIII''s. GO FIGURE!

Mixed sales
Family Guy Volume 1,3,4, Simpson's season 2, Crank Yankers season 1 (must still be in my car) and 2 TOTAL - $10. Guy wanted $2 for single DVD's and $3 for the boxed sets. I CIF'd $10 which he reluctantly too
Star Wars PC and Midway ARCADE TREASURES TOTAL- $4 I tried to CIF $2 but the guy would not budge really wanted the Star Wars so I bit.
N64 games - TOTAL $5 This was a little girl and these were the only games she had. IAP was $1 each . Mario Perty will make that back and then some

REZ, Jurrasic Park OG, Rampage,Kujon, Raiden III. TOTAL $5
Kid had a stack of games mostly sports and and kids games. I pulled these from the stack and was about to CIF $7 when the kid said $5. DOH!

Working fully functional game gear, joystick DKR video TOTAL: $3.25
IAP was $3.25 for all I tried to offer $2 CIF but the lady adamently replied with $3.25

Mixed sales
Guides - TOTAL -$2 IAP .50 ea.which I paid
Zombies complete - TOTAL $2 This sale had a bunch of Gennie games at $3 each nothing of value except this I CIF'd $2
Rock and Roll Racing SNES - TOTAL - $5 Way high for my standards but the lady would not budge on $5 a game. I loved this back in the day and have wanted it for quite a while so I broke down

PS1 Games complete all discs in excellent condition some cracked cases. Legend Of Legaia. JoJo's BA (pumped about this it's been high on my want list for quite some time) Wild 9 (played this a bit and it was pretty cool) SMURF racing - TOTAL - $2. Asked for games at this sale and a 20 something guy went into the house and brought out a stack of about 40 games, many were sports and many were damaged goods through it all I got these and offered up $2 CIF on these.

ONE OF MY BEST FINDS EVER
Resident Evil Nemesis Soundtrack (MINT) - TOTAL .33
This was mixed in with a box of CD's that were going for .50 each 3for $1. I also got about 30 CD's from this guy. I've seen this on Amazon a few times for over $200 I know it's extremely rare and will try and turn it for $150 to one of my steady buyers who is a RE fanatic. I know he collects soundtracks but not sure if he got this one yet.
I know at one point he did want and was the one who alerted me to it's value

Man.. that is a lot of awesome stuff. Yard saling here has always kind of sucked for me. Sales are spread out picked over @ 5 am and maybe I can hit 10 in a morning since there spread so far out.

Snotknocker, glad to see you back in action! Excellent haul! I didn't score as much as you but I have a decent weekend. I'll post my pics and stories later today.

That DVD deal has to be one of the best I've ever seen! DVD's around here are 3 and 4 bucks a piece - good luck even trying to talk someone into $1, let alone the deal you made out with. I would have bought them all, and quickly ran to the local mom-and-pop shop to trade in the ones I already had. :)

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']actually now that blu-ray is starting get more and more popular dvd's are losing value fast[/quote]

Please, please, PLEASE come tell that to the people in my neighborhood. :p I have a PS3, so it's not as if I HAVE to stick with DVD's, but I don't have an HDTV, so I'd much rather save all the cash I can on regular DVD's, rather than the upgrades.

I sold a small chunk of my collection that I didn't watch anymore the other day on craigslist so it worked out for me :)

If you want to sell any you should do it fast before blu-ray becomes the mainstream

[quote name='Josef']snotknocker wins for the weekend![/QUOTE]

I disagree I think he might have pulled far enough a head already to be the surefire winner for the year lol He bought more good video game stuff this weekend then I saw bad video games that I passed on (almost all garbage only good games I can remember at all were Resident Evil 4 for the Cube & Goldeneye for then N64 at the flea for probably about $3-5 each) at a total of 9 yardsales and at the flea market, only thing I actually picked up was an extra Model 2 Genesis AC Adaptor for a buck at the flea.

@SnotKnocker - I take it that box of 25 SNES games has the best on top? I'm just wondering if anything good is hidden underneth them.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I disagree I think he might have pulled far enough a head already to be the surefire winner for the year lol He bought more good video game stuff this weekend then I saw bad video games that I passed on (almost all garbage only good games I can remember at all were Resident Evil 4 for the Cube & Goldeneye for then N64 at the flea for probably about $3-5 each) at a total of 9 yardsales and at the flea market, only thing I actually picked up was an extra Model 2 Genesis AC Adaptor for a buck at the flea.

@SnotKnocker - I take it that box of 25 SNES games has the best on top? I'm just wondering if anything good is hidden underneth them.[/quote]

Nothing else really good value wise but some decent gaming goodness

[URL=http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001769.jpg]
[/URL]

finds042209.jpg

finds042709.jpg

It's been a while I know...

GH Aerosmith and Guitar - $10 from Gamestop
Myst, X Wing vs Tie Fighter, Tie Fighter Collection - $1.50
Altered Beast, Kenseiden, Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Rastan (all complete) - $15

PSP shoulder carry case and 2gb Kingston SD card - $3
Phantasy Star 2 (complete with map and poster) - $5 (been looking for this for a while)
Grandia 2, Sonic Shuffle, Skies of Arcadia and Sonic Adventure 2 - $8
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (atari 2600) - $3 (Super rare game)

Went to a bunch of community sales on Fri. as I had the day off. Found lots of baby clothes and toys for the upcoming CAG in training. Video game finds:

Yourself Fitness (Xbox) Complete - $1
MechAssault 2 (Xbox) Complete - $.50
A stack of random disc-only PC games for Goozex - 10 cents each.
DDR Extreme (PS2) Complete - $3

Big Optimus Prime toy and 12" Sand Scorpion GI Joe - 50 cents each
Making of Disney's Snow White hardcover book - thrown in free with Xbox games above

FF VII: Dirge of Cerberus (PS2) Complete - $3
Some random Wii kids Pet game (I forget the title) - $5

Saw a stack of NES carts at one garage sale...no prices...old guy comes out and says $2 each. I saw Bases Loaded 4 and some other decent games. He said $2 a cart...also said he had a NES and a bunch more games in the basement...just hadn't found them yet. I wanted to make him an offer on everything, but he said he wouldn't be able to find that stuff until the next day. I guess I should have made an offer on the just the 8 carts that were there, but passed.

Had my own garage sale on Saturday (neighborhood sale) so couldn't get back to the NES sale. Made $430 though, including $5 for the MechAssault game I bought for $.50 the day before.

[quote name='snotknocker']Nothing else really good value wise but some decent gaming goodness[/QUOTE]

I see some of the good common stuff in the bunch although I'm sure finding Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends has overshadowed that copy of Secret of Mana you have been hoping to find ;)

[quote name='Samus']How'd you manage to make that kind of money at a yardsale?[/quote]

wow, can't imagine having one for any less...

Nice finds snotknocker. =D It seems like yard sale season is back again.

Maybe if I have a yard sale I can get rid of these stacks of crappy games.

If you price your items right, live in a good populated area, and advertise it on craigslist and put up street signs, you should do good. All you need is enough exposure.

I went this past weekend and didn't see jack. Wish I could have went on saturday morning. But had a family wedding. Maybe this weekend.... congrats on all the great finds this weekend!

[quote name='slowdive21']Picked up 9 PS1 games for $7. I tried CIF, but the cougar in tight jeans with the H3 in the driveway would not deal with me.[/quote]
Rule of garage sales: always bring swingin' shades.

Im hoping it starts to pick up in the next few weeks. So far for the year not one gaming item yet. I did buy a wifi router for 2 bucks I was hoping to mod with DD-WRT but it was incompatible.

[quote name='dodgeme']Im hoping it starts to pick up in the next few weeks. So far for the year not one gaming item yet. I did buy a wifi router for 2 bucks I was hoping to mod with DD-WRT but it was incompatible.[/quote]
That's one thing I kept my eyes on the look out for. You can do a lot with a router using DD-WRT or Tomato. The one I found and modded is sitting in my closet just as an extra or I can use it as a wireless bridge.

I'd go with craigslist, newspaper, and driving around. I find the best sales on my drive home from work and stopping at sales with signs by the side of the road.

i live in the suburbs, just up the street from the heart of garage sales around here, alot of the previous ones I've stopped at some of them are the same exact people selling baby toys and disney tapes though

bread's done
Back