SMB 3
Tetris
Dr Mario
Crystalis
Kid Icarus
Zelda Gold (really beat up)
Castlevania I
Castlevania II

Told brother to pass on SMB/DH and some other common titles.

My yard-saling was limited to children's books (huge box of like 100+ for $6) and a cast iron Emeril pan for $1. No video games, other than some way overpriced sport games. Thats two weeks I strike out for games.

Rainy and cold today...my first day out...
Hit 6 sales...
Scored 5 sealed KBCO collector's CDs for $10! Happy Dance:bouncy:

Didn't grab a ton today. But did get a few ok finds...

Street Fighter 2010 (NES) cart only $1
TF Unicron Action Figure (missing some pieces) $3
Tupperware melonballer, pill holder, orange peeler... $0.25 each
Tupperware collapsable containter $2 (new)

Snagged the Unicron since I saw one at a toy show last weekend with fewer pieces for $10. The only thing I'm really burnt up about is the chest piece. It looks really empty. I don't care about the planet halves since I don't ever like my figures in alt. mode.

Boy, it's been pretty dry around northern Minnesota. Went out early this morning, grabbed 2 Gameboy Advance SP's (unfortunately without chargers), Mortal Kombat 4 for original Gameboy, Zelda Classics Advance, Zelda Four Swords Advance, all for $13...a little too much IMO, but I'm still learnin'. Also got Resident Evil Director's Cut (2 disc black label edition) for 75 cents. Last sale I went to had 2 Gameboy Color systems at $15 each, and a couple Pokemon Gameboy games for $6 each. fuck. She said she would come down in price, but I just passed. If I had smaller bills I would have done a CIF of $5 or $10, but unfortunately I only had two Twenty's on me and about a buck and a half in quarters. I need to learn not to bring the bigger bills to the yard sales. :roll: Anyone know where I can get 2 Gameboy SP charger's for really cheap?

If you try to haggle with people and then they see you whip out a big fat wallet with all kinds of 20's there's a chance they'll say forget it and they'll want you to pay full price

I was only in 1 CIF situation ever and I gave the guy a 20 to make change and he gave me a weird look. Probably because he thought i was being a cheap ass but oh well.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']If you try to haggle with people and then they see you whip out a big fat wallet with all kinds of 20's there's a chance they'll say forget it and they'll want you to pay full price

I was only in 1 CIF situation ever and I gave the guy a 20 to make change and he gave me a weird look. Probably because he thought i was being a cheap ass but oh well.[/QUOTE]

You have to be prepared :) Have various different bill denominations in various pockets before hand. It's always good to give the exact amount you're offering, or risk the weird looks.

I'm heading to the flea in an hour. I keep on the very least $900 on me and now I always make sure I have small 5's 10's and 1's. I gotta learn some good CIF techniques.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']If you try to haggle with people and then they see you whip out a big fat wallet with all kinds of 20's there's a chance they'll say forget it and they'll want you to pay full price

I was only in 1 CIF situation ever and I gave the guy a 20 to make change and he gave me a weird look. Probably because he thought i was being a cheap ass but oh well.[/quote]

I CIF'ed a guy $20 for a Mountain Dew XBox with like 7 games. Mainly because I wasn't sure if the system worked, none of the games overly interested me and it lacked controllers (my friend was holding onto two I had "extended length leant him") I told him though when I offered that, I had a little more but I needed smokes for work as I just started and didn't have my bank account set up yet. He went for it, although tbf, it was late Sunday, so if he wouldn't have, I would've just gotten his number and gotten the money to him the next weekend when I was off.

Yard sale season is still really slow here. Only 3 sales listed and they were about 10 miles out of town, and the weather was dark and threatening to rain, so I skipped out this week.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I'm heading to the flea in an hour. I keep on the very least $900 on me and now I always make sure I have small 5's 10's and 1's. I gotta learn some good CIF techniques.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I usually have $100 on me at the most, most of which I'll have in 1's and 5's, with a couple 10's. There's gotta be some kind of art to the CIF. I'm never sure how to word it or how close to hold the cash. I think snotknocker needs to take a video camera with him for educational reasons.

Nothing video game related this week, but I got some dvd's for fairly cheap. Picked up:
-Serenity
-Sin City
-X-men 3 Collectors Edition
-Transformers (Collectors Edition? It's in a steel case.)
IAP was $10 for everything, I got them for $7. Not bad.

Just got back from the flea market and spotted a few things. There weren't to many video game people out today. Inside was only a dealer. Outside were all the regular folks with table stuff. I had to buy a new RF tv adapter for the sega because the old one was all rotted out and busted. It looked like a wolf shredded the wire up. I threw it out immediately. Also found some loose NES carts for my collection :) CIF'd the guy 5 bucks and he bit. The sun was beating down on me and the place was crowded to hell so I just left.

1583t6q.jpg

Sega Genesis Type 1 + 2 "Mega Fire" controllers + mini controller + Sonic the hedgehog 1 - $18
4 NES carts - Gyromite, Bases Loaded, JAWS, Sesame Street - $5
NES/Sega RF Adapter (new) - $10
Sonic The hedgehog 2 (cart only) $7 - I know, i know, I overpaid. But I love the game so much it's worth it to me and I didn't have it.....

2vi04mx.jpg

As the guy was handing me the sega I thought in my mind i bet it's not even gonna work........the guy shouted out as I walked away saying that he guaranteed it would work and if not he'd give me my money back. Nice old guy. Not many people guarantee stuff nowadays. Just fired it up and it works great!

I'd love to learn some real CIF techiniques so I can REALLY start haggling people down.

[quote name='pyoobez']I CIF'ed a guy $20 for a Mountain Dew XBox with like 7 games. Mainly because I wasn't sure if the system worked, none of the games overly interested me and it lacked controllers (my friend was holding onto two I had "extended length leant him") I told him though when I offered that, I had a little more but I needed smokes for work as I just started and didn't have my bank account set up yet. He went for it, although tbf, it was late Sunday, so if he wouldn't have, I would've just gotten his number and gotten the money to him the next weekend when I was off.[/quote]

Yeah I know I have a smoking habit too I try to keep it at a limit.

Went to about 20 sales today and didn't find hardly anything for the video game side of things.
I passed on an Atair 2600 Volleyball cart for $1 and I found a few old PS1 and PS2 games at about $3-$5 a piece...nothing worth more than about a quarter though. Mostly old sports titles.

I did, however, find a couple subs in a box that look like they are brand new and they work perfect, got them for only $20. I should be able to unload this within a couple days for atleast $75-$100 bucks. They are nothing great but I couldn't pass them up for $20. Hell the box alone is worth more than that. This alone made the 20 sales worth while.

http://www.amazon.com/MTX-TW102-Thunder-Full-Range-Wedge/dp/B0002BADZO

I only went to one sale today.

Original Game Boy
TMNT III: Radical Rescue
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Home Alone

Total: $5

Not too bad. I can turn a good profit off this stuff. The GB is in excellent condition.

The sky was gray and maybe it drizzled a little, so of course everybody cancelled their sales. Bunch of babies. Oh well, that means more next week right?

And about CIF: I really want to try it, but I hardly ever have small bills. Stupid ATM should give singles or at least fivers.

Playstation 2 Network Adaptor - $3

Retro Duo With 2 Controllers AC Adaptor & S-Video/Audio Video Thing Hook Up

Mappy Land
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Spy Vs Spy

Madden 95
NHL 94
Super Mario All-Stars

$5

Found the Playstation 2 Network Adaptor marked $5 offered $3 which was taken NP, when I got home I saw that underneth the $5 in marker it's labed $10 in pen as if it was out at a yardsale in a previous year and didn't sell. I also got the Retro Duo at the same sale asked the kid about video games and he mentioned having a Nintendo with a few games at his place but couldn't leave until somebody else got back to watch the sale or something so I stopped back about an hour later and we went over to his place a few blocks away, he showed it to me and I offered $5 which he gladly accepted since he really didn't like the older games as he was telling me, said he got the system with a GameCube he bought a while back for $175 so you know it had to have been a while ago that he got the Cube :D

I actually needed Mappy Land for my collection ever since I just missed out one 3 years ago at the flea market when I saw someone else buying it and have been hoping to find it in the wild since I didn't want to resort to eBay since I probably wouldn't be able to get it for less then $4 shipped. It's funny how I have so many NES games yet I still (sometimes) find a game I don't have that's decent when I find a handful of games in the wild (like Ring King last year).

Misc Toy Crap

2 He-Man Figures - .20

2 He Man figures at .10 each, the green guy (Kobra Khan) is actually one of the cooler (if not the coolest!) He Man figures. I used to have him way back in the day and you can take his head off and fill him with water and press his head down to make him spray mist as I'm sure a few reading this will remember.

Diddy Kong Toy - .50

Found him in a box with 8 different action figures marked .50 each, 2 Donkey Kong Country toys and 6 Sonic toys. I offered $2 on the box and the lady countered with $3 so I just took Diddy for the IAP, I was going to take Funky Kong also but didn't bother since he had pen scribbled on his face, this was kind of funny since these toys really are worthless and the lady probably should have taken any offer a buck or over just to get rid of them :p

Non Find BS

I didn't find much and only actually got any video game stuff at one sale but it wasen't for a lack of effort I went to 40+ yardsales today and was out the door at 7:10 this morning and was out from then til noon with 2 small breaks so I probalby was hitting the pavement for about 4 hours total. A few sales said we sold a PS/GC/Xbox already and the GC stuff that went I was told was kids games nothing special (or almost surely nothing special), I also got 2-3 sales that mentioned still having a NES/SNES that they still use when asking for games. Surprisingly enough I've barely even seen any crap last gen stuff this year, the only last gen game I've seen this year at all at a yardsale was 1 PS2 sports game marked $5.

I only saw one sale today selling video games that could be considered "Retro" (by this I'm thinking older then last gen) This yard sale had a SNES & an N64 both with everything needed 2 controllers and about 9 games with each system. Only decent SNES stuff was SMW x2 and Areo The Acrobat, N64 Mario Tennis, Super Mario Kart 64 & Zelda: OoT. Both systems with games were marked $40. I went up and countered the $80 for both systems with an offer of $20. The lady said that this was her son's stuff and he just left for some reason but offered to call him. I think she though I was offering $20 for one of the systems and was told that the $40 was "firm" when she got off the phone. I asked about him lowing the price if they were sitting on it at the end of the day and she though maybe but judging by the phone call this guy/kid wasen't serious about getting rid of the stuff and would probably reluctantly let it go for $30 at best I was thinking so it didn't seem worth the trouble of driving back a town over later on since the IAP is about what it's worth on eBay and I have all mentioned games in my collection :D

I also saw some Imagine Babyz DS crap at a sale they were only asking $20 and I was thinking it was a great deal, or you could probably get the game cheaper sealed on eBay lol

shit if the games weren't sports and were worthwhile i would have payed 40 for both, some dude at the flea today was trying to dump a super nintendo on me with all hookups and no games for $40. Suprisingly the thing wasn't yellowed at all. It still had its grayish tone. Offered 20 and he wouldn't budge so I passed. Also passed on an NES that the guy wanted 60 for. Said he really wanted to sell them because he needs more room for other things blah blah blah. I told him he should start thinking realistically if he wants to sell it.

Got a type 1 genny with 2 mega fire controllers today though so I'm happy

my work schedule kills my ability to get to garage sales. the only thing i saw this weekend was a copy of battlefield 1942 for pc for $2, which i passed on. this friday i have off, though, so i'm hoping.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']shit if the games weren't sports and were worthwhile i would have payed 40 for both[/QUOTE]

The IAP was $40 on each on the system bundles I do recall a wrestling game in the N64 mix and a fishing game in the SNES games. They probably got a lot of lookers though, I did notice a girl looking through the N64 games then walk away :D

This sale reminded me of that one guy asking about what to do when you see video games at a yardsale with a high IAP, I had no problems walking but it was a bummer without more gaming goodness to be seen yardsaling today.

My finds today all come from one sale I found on craigslist.

$21 spent

This sale advertised games from nes to ps2. I picked up stuff that interested me. I was amazed to find so many games with boxes. I passed on a lot of boxed N64 games since I'm not really into collecting for it and I'm getting really short on cash. I am rather happy to have got these since it's so hard to find snes and dreamcast games in my area. The lady had the games priced a $2 each, but gave them to be for $1 each since I got so many.

erehwon, great find!

I hit a city wide on the way to the Free Comic Book Day events. Lots of $5 sports PS1 & 2 games. I did get Dream On Season 1 & 2 for $2 and America the Book for $1. Total of $3 for the Garage sales. I did get about 40 free comics so not a total waste of the day.

Went to about 20 sales today, all I could manage was Dino Crisis (also had a cooler boarders 2 disc in the case for some reason) and Dragon Quest 8 demo disk for $2.25.

Also saw a GC for $10, but it didn't come with any games/controllers so I passed.

Good start to the Wisconsin rummage sale season today….

may09rummage.jpg

Got the top-loader w/dogbone & manual plus the two Zelda games w/hintbook for $15 from multi-vendor school rummage. Playstation games were a buck each at another sale down the street. Got the loose manuals, 4 complete Genesis titles, and 4 loose NES games for only $3 total at a third. And finally pulled 8 2600 games marked 49 cents each from a big pile I spotted at a Goodwill…best in the lot were Frogger II Threedeep, Sorcerer, and Sears picture label Outer Space. Hopefully, this is the shape of things to come for this summer!

Rich

yesterday, after feeling depressed about missing picking up a xbox 360 hard drive in went to a yard sale. I found the xbox live twelve month pack with the headset and messenger thing for five bucks(and surprisingly it all worked including the live card, and the pgr 4 was sealed), gears of war 2 for ten bucks and zoids asault for fifty cents

I didnt find shit this weekend. few city wide and subs next weekend. fingers crossed.

Edit: anyone know a good range price for a sega master system? i think there might be one on craigs list and i have been wanting one for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I offered someone 35 for one with double dragon and a few other games and they wouldn't budge.

I'm gonna start biking around my whole area looking for sales. That seems to be the fastest way rather then walking.

Hit up my first Flea Market/ yard sales of the year. The Roanoke Civic center was having a "Monster" indoor yard sale so I went there first. Picked up a GBA Sp with Fire Emblem, and a first gen Xbox wireless adapter for 10 bucks. The same lady had 2 wireless 360 controllers and a first gen iPod, but I passed them up. Kind of regret not grabbing the iPod just to have it but the day was early. Then I hit the dirt mall and found a nice older lady selling a ton of game related things and bought a SNES system only no hookups or controllers, and a complete black box Super Mario for a 5 spot. She also had a first gen pink GBA in nice shape that she wanted 15, I offered 5 and got turned down. My buddy bought a Genesis 3, all hookups, and 2 controllers for 10.

IMG_02111-1.jpg

I only got to hit a few sales on Friday this weekend. Didn't get much.

Found Click and The Wedding Singer--complete, for $3 total. Was happy about this because I'm trying to build a small DVD collection for when friend's come over.

Then I found some Pac Man's New Adventures or whatever for PC at some other sale that looked interesting. Offered 50 cents, but apparently it was a cancer foundation sale, so I offered a dollar after she attempted to guilt me out. >_>

Nice score on that xbox wireless adapter, you could get $40 for it on ebay and Im sure there's a few cags who would gladly take it off your hands.

[quote name='kube00']Nice score on that xbox wireless adapter, you could get $40 for it on ebay and Im sure there's a few cags who would gladly take it off your hands.[/quote]

Thanks, the funny part is she had 10 on the GBA and 1 on the adapter. I tried to get both for 5 and she turned me down, and I started to walk off but I knew the value of the adapter. I gave her 10 for both walking away with the knowledge that the adapter was worth a ton more then the buck she wanted. So I justified a bit and went off my "rules"; however this was one of the I have to grab this because I know it's a deal.

Not sure if I want to keep it or sell yet.

The Xbox Wireless adapters are nice because you can use it for practically anything with an Ethernet port. I hooked it up to my PS2 the other day and it worked flawlessly.

Headed out to sales with friends today around, not expecting to find anything since it was Sunday and late. So of course, this happened:

dsc05071i.jpg

dsc05067c.jpg

Nintendo Virtual Boy (Not tested yet, need to buy AA's)
Mario's Tennis
Wario Land

NES Console w/ 2 Controllers, Hookups, NES MAX Controller
88 Games (and ~40 Manuals)
Metroid
Ice Hockey
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Metal Storm
Venice Beach Volleyball
Super Mario Bros.
Family Feud
The Legend of Zelda
Xenophobe
Gauntlet
Tetris
Skate or Die
To The Earth
Ikari Warriors
IronSword
Sky Kid
Tecmo Super Bowl
The Simpsons: Bart vs The World
Demon Sword
Mighty Bomb Jack
Ninja Kid
Clu Clu Land
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle
Pac-Man
Chubby Cherub
Castlevania
Hydlide
Spelunker
Roger Clemens MVP Baseball
Solomon's Key
Faxanadu
Pin-Bot
Cobra Triangle
Snake's Revenge
Batman
Excitebike
Robocop
Wrath of the Black Manta
The Three Stooges
Rad Racer
M.C. Kids
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Wheel of Fortune
R.C. Pro-Am
Viper
Gumshoe
Mega Man 2
Base Wars
Mega Man 3
Popeye
Joust
Jordan vs. Bird: One on One
The Adventure of Link
Lode Runner
Karnov
Mario Bros.
Gyromite
Captain Skyhawk
Dr. Mario
Dragon Warrior
Donkey Kong Jr.
Mickey Mousecapade
Adventure Island
Legacy of the Wizard
Duck Tales
Deadly Towers
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
8 Eyes
T&C Surf Designs
Marble Madness
Dirty Harry
Paperboy
Bill Elliott's NASCAR Challenge
NARC
Battletoads / Double Dragon
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular
Target Renegade
Jeopardy
Operation Wolf
Skull & Crossbones
Fester's Quest
Blades of Steel
Friday the 13th

Total: $50

They actually had a Coleco and a 3DO, too, but I didn't want to spend too much more. First Virtual Boy find out in the wild!

This was found at a store that will remain nameless but since it wasn't a salvation army or a goodwill I thought I would post it here. Has to be my best find of this year so far easily.

Sega Nomad with 2 games and power adapter - $5.98 works perfectly (this is quite a find as I have never seen one in the wild in 10 years of game collecting).

Pinball Plug N Play 3$ - Bought it because its pinball

PS1 multitap - 1.49

Old Tandy Handheld .79

Obviously the nomad was the big find here but I figured I would throw in the other stuff as well.

By saraab87

[quote name='theGrue']Headed out to sales with friends today around, not expecting to find anything since it was Sunday and late. So of course, this happened:

Mario's Tennis
Wario Land

[/quote]

:hot::hot::hot::hot:

I have been trying to track down a VB for so long now... This gives me hope that I might find one on some random Saturday. Very nice score!

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Prince, The (GC) (Complete) - $10
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Complete) - $10
Platinum WaveBird - $2
Final Fantasy VII Without Manual (GH) $2
Spyro Year of The Dragon (GH) $1
Crash Team Racing Without Manual $1
GameCube 1019 Memory Card $1

Went to the flea market and right by it was a yardsale that I stopped by first. Had a pretty good selection between PS1, PS2 and GameCube games. It was a little kid selling some of the games and the rest belonged to other family members with initials so I didn't even bother haggling since it was still a good deal altogether even though the last gen games were all $10 (with some other good games in the mix) which is too much for last gen games at a yardsale or just about anywhere for many of the last gen games (not so bad obviously for what I picked out). They even had a few other things I was thinking of grabbing that I passed on a wired GameCube Controller that was either .50 or a buck, Excite Truck for the Wii at $10 and a GBA SP that was rather scatched on the case with charger for $15.

Bullshit Not Related To Anything I bought

I actually didn't buy anything at the (1st) flea market today after this sale as I passed on a few things that I had some interest in, PS2 memory card that was in a PS1 had to wipe the dust off of it since it was so dirty wanted $5 for it so I just passed since I was thinking it may not even work. Kingdom Hearts (Non GH) $4, and one table had a bunch of games mostly PS2 with some Xbox & PS1 but wanted way too much $10 for last gen and $5 for PS1. The lady asked if I was interested in anything as I walked away and offered to do $6 & $3 but I didn't see much I was interested in although I should have grabbed Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (PS2) but it was missing the manual and I figured I'd never get around to playing it anyways. They had some PS1 systems and an Xbox and everything was just to rich one of the PS1 systems was marked $40 (!!) I was thinking that they probably won't be back as I sometimes see people selling video games or electronics like this at this flea market that don't really know what they are worth and sell them for too much, especially at (this) flea and it just doesn't work lol They probably just don't get it and figure it's a waste to sell at this flea market not realizing how much ho hum/common games really do depreciate.

Bust A Groove With Manual - $5

I found this at the flea market that I only go to a few times a year after not finding anything at the flea I go to regularly and is the only really good deal I've ever gotten at this flea, it was with what was mostly card/sports games all marked $5. I figured I'd spurge (sp?) and grab a few packs of cards from the card guy at this flea on the way out since I had a few good finds this weekend. The Wacky Packages (Series 2 & 3) were a $1 each and Garbage Pail Kids (ANS1) were $2 which I found out were a $1 a pack when they came out, I know the guy likes to charge a premium on older cards like this sometimes and I figured it was probably over what they retailed for but I though they might have retailed for more then a buck since it comes with 4 pieces of gum and a foil card in each pack and is thinker (thanks to the extra gum included).

is the gum hard as a rock? I recall seeing some wax pack baseball cards at an antique store and the gum was so old it felt as hard as steel lol.

[quote name='theGrue']Headed out to sales with friends today around, not expecting to find anything since it was Sunday and late. So of course, this happened:

dsc05071i.jpg

dsc05067c.jpg

Mario's Tennis
Wario Land

NES Console w/ 2 Controllers, Hookups, NES MAX Controller
88 Games (and ~40 Manuals)

Total: $50

They actually had a Coleco and a 3DO, too, but I didn't want to spend too much more. First Virtual Boy find out in the wild![/QUOTE]

this is one of the best finds i've seen.

I just paid $50 shipped for a virtual boy + 4 games on ebay.

Great finds bro!

A pretty good weekend, lots of stuff at great prices.

First pic:

Mega Man 2,3,4 and 5
Contra and Super C
99 Nights, Crimson Tears, Magna Carta and Table Tennis (jap)
FF7 (gh), MvC2 (dc), Mr. Driller (ps), Threads of Fate, Rival Schools, Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Mario Kart 64
SNES system w/hookups and 4 controlers and Super Punch Out (not pictured)

$62 shipped from another forum. Awesome deal.

Second Pic:

Samurai Showdown, Art of Fighting and Run Saber (snes) - $5
Wetrix - $2
Fantasia (gen) - $2.75
Sesame Street ABC/123 - $1
Nintendo with 2 dogbone controllers, Skate or Die and ac adapter (accessories not pictured) - $20
Dreamcast with 2 controllers, rumble pack, vmu, hookups and Soul Reaver, Crazy Taxi, NBA 2k and Championship Surfer (Games and accessories not pictured) - $12

finds050309001.jpg

finds050309002.jpg

[quote name='Kuros']A pretty good weekend, lots of stuff at great prices.

First pic:

Mega Man 2,3,4 and 5
Contra and Super C
99 Nights, Crimson Tears, Magna Carta and Table Tennis (jap)
FF7 (gh), MvC2 (dc), Mr. Driller (ps), Threads of Fate, Rival Schools, Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Mario Kart 64
SNES system w/hookups and 4 controlers and Super Punch Out (not pictured)

$62 shipped from another forum. Awesome deal

[/quote]

Sweet Jesus... What a forum!

Grabbed an Atari Flashback 2 boxed in NM condition for $2. That was the only gaming item I saw this weekend, but there weren't many sales.

[quote name='Macheezmo']Yard sale season is still really slow here. Only 3 sales listed and they were about 10 miles out of town, and the weather was dark and threatening to rain, so I skipped out this week.

Dang, I usually have $100 on me at the most, most of which I'll have in 1's and 5's, with a couple 10's. There's gotta be some kind of art to the CIF. I'm never sure how to word it or how close to hold the cash. I think snotknocker needs to take a video camera with him for educational reasons.[/quote]

LOL, check it.

I prepare in advance like many of the others here - multiple denominations in different pockets, with the bulk of my money in my wallet. Worst case, you have someone with you to hold the stuff you want (or less reliable, give it to the seller to hold for you while you "run to the car to get your wallet"), then go off and prepare the amount you will offer. Find out how much they are targeting for the pile o' loot you have, and plan accordingly - i.e. are they out of their minds, are they resellers that know the value of their crap, what?

Once you have it ready, you go up to the seller, and stick it up in the air , wave it, whatever, just make sure they see the cash. Doesn't have to be up in their face, just make sure you have their attention. Then I say, "how about $X for this stuff" while waving the money sort of like I'm bidding at an auction.

bread's done
Back