Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

Well, over all not a bad day for me. All of my finds were at only 2 sales but I took all the video game stuff I saw.

At the first sale, this kid was selling off some of his older gaming stuff. I ended up spending 12 dollars for all of it. Heres the pics of the items. Not pictured are 2 3-button 1st party Sega Genesis controllers.
m93jpy.jpg

10nt2d5.jpg

2lx9uf4.jpg

14j59hy.jpg

At this sale I really didn't expect to find anything at all. Then I saw a box of PS1 games. Which turned out to be all sports games and Myst. And their were 3 random psp games as well. I figured what the heck and paid 5 bucks for all this.
2hro0gx.jpg

Then I told my grandma to look out for certain things and she came home with a Super Nintendo Bundle. I was going to take it but I had no need for another console. So I left it at her house so my cousin could use it. I did snatch these games from the bundle though. I think she paid 15 dollars and It had 3 other games that I left.
do9zs3.jpg

So overall a pretty good day. I have never seen the genesis stick before so it was a cool find.

Yard sale finds today:

SNES with about 12 games (including Super Mario and LTTP) - $5

Pokemon Battle Revolution Wii - $5

Futurama Xbox - $1

PC Strategy 3-pack with Worms Armageddon, MechCommander Gold, and Civ II - $1

I was dead tired and only spent about an hour and a half out, but I'm pretty satisfied with these finds.

Bust for me today, but I have been getting a lot of stuff so I can't complain. I really didn't get anything gaming related because most of the sales I went to were repeats today. I got a few other things, but just a few. These people are paying $30 for an ad when they just ran their sale a couple weeks ago, very stupid IMO. People weren't even coming to the sales. I think I cleaned out a bunch of houses here LOL!

Tarzan (PS1, Complete) - $1
Atari Paddle Plug & Play - .50
Animaniacs (GB) .25

Small finds all from different sales. First two were IAP and Animaniacs was .50 but took .25, looks bad and the label is missing but figured I'd take a chance for a quarter since I don't have it.

Earthworm Jim
Mario's Early Years: Fun with Numbers
Super Mario All-Stars

$6

Asked about games at a house and they brought out these 3 and Frogger which I passed on. Started at $5 each then said how about $3 each and took my offer of $6 for these 3.

Playstation 2 With Hook-Ups, System Stand & 2 1st Party Controllers - $5

No price and when I asked the guy said to make an offer so I told him I'd give him $5 which he didn't hesitate to take. I'm guessing it doesn't work but if this is so I'm hoping I can easily fix it.

Genesis/Sega CD 2 With Hook-Ups, 3x Controllers (2 Generic, 1 1st Party), Universal Cleaning Kit (Missing 2 Parts) & Web Browser 2.0 (Dreamcast & Sealed)

Games & Empty Game Cases

Eternal Champions (Cart)
Haunting Starring Polterguy (Cased)
Lotus II (Cart)
Maximum Carnage (Cart)
NBA Jam (Cart)
NFL Football '94 (Cart)
Puggsy (Cased)
Samurai Shodown (Cart)
Sonic Spinball (Cart)
Super Monaco GP (Cased)
Streets of Rage 2 (Complete)

Contra Hard Corps (Case Only)
Last Battle (Case Only)

$10

Offered $5 but they were asking $20 but said they could do $10 which I took. Oddly enough this is the first time I've seen Streets of Rage 2 in the wild since you could still find it new but was happy that it was complete as I only had a cart only copy.

Non Find BS

I only went to one sale in my town on Friday between the rain scare and not many sales in any one neigborhood on Friday. Saturday the rain held off and I got to almost 35 sales between 3 areas.

picture.php

Best gaming pick-up I've had at a yard sale in years. The labels on the games are marker & sticker damaged, but everything works. I've rarely come across anything actually worth buying, but I lucked out big-time.

--Hardware--

Sega Genesis(First Generation Model) - 1 Official Sega 3-Button Controller, Power Adapter, No A/V Cord, but I was buying it for the games anyways.
1 Fighter Stick SG-6 by Asciiware - Everything seems to be in working order. It's in pristine condition.
1 Power Clutch SG by Asciiware - Also seems to be in working order. Some small scuffs on the buttons.

--Games--
Sonic The Hedgehog - Already had it.
Taz in Escape From Mars - Ditto, but not as badly drawn on.
TNN Outdoors Bass Tournament '96 - Again, Ditto. Fair-sized rip on the label.
The Incredible Hulk - Got a portion of the sticker off, but not all of it.
The Lion King - Has the name "Zack McKelvey" written on it.
Mortal Kombat - Price written on label.
Toy Story - Store sticker.
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers - Price written on label.
Earthworm Jim - Store sticker left the word "VOID" after removing it.
Aladdin - Marker damage.
Mickey's Ultimate Challenge - Popped it in to test it out and saw the credits about 15 minutes later. No exaggeration. I feel so bad for any parent who paid $60 or more for it.
Batman: The Video Game - Price written in marker on label.

--CD's--
Avril Lavigne's "Let Go"
- Great album judging by the three tracks I knew beforehand and what little I've listened to otherwise.

I ended up paying $11 for everything. I paid $1 for the CD and haggled the Genesis stuff down to $10 from $15. Very pleased with my haul.:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Pretty poor weekend. 2 hours on Friday yielded very little. 3 hours on Saturday turned up some really nice books but only a little gaming stuff.

I don't know about toy or models . . . is this stuff any good?

082209toys.jpg

I CIFed $3 . . . covering the $8 tag on one box.

This stuff was all .50 to $2--but it was gleaned from many sales.

082209misc.jpg

I paid $2 for GH but it goes with a guitar and GHII and GH80s picked up in previous weeks.

The GB games were 3 for $1.

The RE guide and DC TR were 2 for $1.

The season seems to be winding down here :whistle2:(

On my way home from an errand (later in the afternoon) I did spot this:

082209NES.jpg

Marked $3 but she took 2. The system is missing the power block but is otherwise nice (no games) in the original styrofoam. The box is very rough. It was folded flat with the system on display but it looks like the box was left out in the rain and smells a little like mildew . . . may have to toss it :whistle2:(

Very early/quick morning for me. I set out at 7am and am back now at 8am lol. I hit my $25 cap very quickly because of some GREAT loot. Here is what everyone wants to see.. the pictures!

Platinum Gamecube
1x wired controller
1x wavebird (no receiver tho :( anyone have one they wanna sell???)
1x controller extension cord (i think)
MarioKart Double Dash (missing manual)
Mario Party 5 (complete)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (complete)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina or Time/Master Quest (complete)

Total: $20

Mario's Time Machine
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Isand
Yoshi's Cookie
Kirby's Avalanche

Total $5

I would mark today as VERY successful! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='leftwing1018']Very early/quick morning for me. I set out at 7am and am back now at 8am lol. I hit my $25 cap very quickly because of some GREAT loot.
[/QUOTE]

Very nice . . . most times I see a GC they want $50 (with no games).

So upset I didn't go yesterday. Friend of mine got an N64 w/ 11 games, Zelda: TP, and SSBB for $20. Too bad I spent all my money on a Dreamcast and Wii games. :(

I totally forgot about this bad boy . . .

082209ACflighstick.jpg

I got this for $1 on Friday. I didn't know what it was and assumed that it was for the PC. Now I see that it is for the PS2 (forgot about the USB port on the PS2). As I looked it over this morning, I was thinking . . . "too bad I don't have the game, or do I . . ." Turns out I had picked it up almost 3 years ago. The game was $10 (at Half Price Books) and came bundled with the guide. I sold off the guide (for $30!).

I'm going to try it out.

UPDATE:

It appears to work fine but I think there is a steeper learning curve than I'm willing to put into it.

I wonder what it would sell for.

[quote name='schultzed']

I wonder what it would sell for.[/QUOTE]

Not much to compare . . .

This guy gave it away . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS-2-Ace-Combat...ames?hash=item45eda41ca3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This provides some clue . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/NAMCO-Ace-Comba...ries?hash=item56342e7118&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I just found a copy of Ace Combat 4 (my backlog is HUGE). I'll probably put the flightstick with AC4 and AC5 on ebay in early Dec.

Maybe I can get near this one . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ace-Combat-4-5-...ware?hash=item23026a6939&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

[quote name='schultzed']I totally forgot about this bad boy . . .

082209ACflighstick.jpg

I got this for $1 on Friday. I didn't know what it was and assumed that it was for the PC. Now I see that it is for the PS2 (forgot about the USB port on the PS2). As I looked it over this morning, I was thinking . . . "too bad I don't have the game, or do I . . ." Turns out I had picked it up almost 3 years ago. The game was $10 (at Half Price Books) and came bundled with the guide. I sold off the guide (for $30!).

I'm going to try it out.

UPDATE:

It appears to work fine but I think there is a steeper learning curve than I'm willing to put into it.

I wonder what it would sell for.[/QUOTE]

Not much to compare . . .

This guy gave it away . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS-2-Ace-Combat-...d=p3286.c0.m14

This provides some clue . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/NAMCO-Ace-Combat...d=p3286.c0.m14

I just found a copy of Ace Combat 4 (my backlog is HUGE). I'll probably put the flightstick with AC4 and AC5 on ebay in early Dec.

Maybe I can get near this one . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ace-Combat-4-5-a...d=p3286.c0.m14

I had to work friday and then untill noon on saturday, but I had to run and pick up some games I had won in an online auction afterwork so I headed off towards the town I had won the games from and saw a sale so I stopped. Here is what I found there at 2 P.M.!! They were under a huge stack of worthless PS1/2 Sports games thankfully i moved a copy of some crap NES from the side of the pile and saw these on the bottom.
101_0384.JPG

I got all that for $20, He was askign $6 a game so I CIF'd a $20.

I then headed off for the games I had won online. they ended up being at a storage unit place, a local hoarder had been keeping his stuff there and didnt pay his rent, they were selling all his games for $4 apiece, or $2 if you buy a lot....They told me some guy had just spent around $1000 on games!!! I saw a pic online of what the guy got....tons of sealed RPGs most rare, tons of other sealed games, tons of open rare games.....amazing!!! I ended up getting this for $22

101_0385.JPG

If I would have just gotten there 2 hours ealier I would be $1000 poorer, but alot happier!!!

[quote name='lolwut?']Damn, nice finds guys.

Sinnbox, did you pick up that Wii component cable to use or flip?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, It was a spur of the moment purchase...I tend to do that with gaming items. I'm trying to decide If I want to keep it or not, I dont use my Wii that much, and I'm not even sure if the Wii's graphics will be that much better with component.

Yesterday it rained for like ten minutes at 8 AM which was enough to make most people cancel their sales. Those that remained were just horrible.

But today I was on my way to the store and noticed a few signs that weren't there yesterday, so I stopped at 3 sales and got some stuff. Nothing legendary but it sure lifted my spirits after yesterday's crapfest.

Game guides $1 each: Half-Life (PS2 version), Devil May Cry 3, Jak & Daxter
Half-Life (PS2) - $3
Cherry picked these from a huge stack of mostly mediocre PS1/PS2 game guides. Asked for games and they brought out many of the games the guides were for and I decided to grab Half-Life.

Super Dragon Ball Z (PS2) - $3
At another sale. Figured what the hell, why not.

Silent Hill (PS1) - $2
Complete black label copy, but the disc is scratched to hell. Maybe I'll find a nice disc-only copy some day.

So yeah, not fantastic stuff but pretty good for 3 PM on Sunday.

Went to a yardsale today and got
Fable Xbox
BattleField 2 Modern Combat Xbox
Assasins Creed Xbox 360

All for 4 bucks (i wanted assasins creed anyway so i saved quite alot of money on that and got 2 extra games so im happy):bouncy:

[quote name='Sinnbox']I'm not even sure if the Wii's graphics will be that much better with component.[/QUOTE]
I have a 65" RP HD tv, and the difference between 480p and 720p was VERY obvious.

Ya got em' cheap, I'd say use them.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']I have a 65" RP HD tv, and the difference between 480p and 720p was VERY obvious.

Ya got em' cheap, I'd say use them.[/QUOTE]

Just remember, even over a component connection, the Wii will still only output at 480p. It doesn't display any higher.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']I have a 65" RP HD tv, and the difference between 480p and 720p was VERY obvious.

Ya got em' cheap, I'd say use them.[/QUOTE]

allyourblood is right

The difference would be between 480I and 480P but you're dead on . . . its a noticible improvement. The same was also true with the Gamecube.

finds082309.jpg

Interesting items for today:

Mega Man 1, 2 ,3 and Super Mario Bros 3 - $4 each. A bit more than I'd like to pay but I know these games get a bit more than that.

Lufia 2 - $13. Good price, I'd like to trade it for the first Lufia.

Lethal Enforcers 1 & 2, X-Men Children of the Atom, Jackie Chan Stuntman and King of Fighters 95 - $15

Dragon Quest 4, Arc the Lad 2, Arc the Lad 3, Grandia, Ridge Racer Revolution and 2 games I don't know what the are - $15. Odd, I almost never see Japanese items, but this guy had these in quite good condition.

PS2 network adapter and 2 network adapter discs - $13. For ebay.

[quote name='Kuros']

Dragon Quest 4, Arc the Lad 2, Arc the Lad 3, Grandia, Ridge Racer Revolution and 2 games I don't know what the are - $15. Odd, I almost never see Japanese items, but this guy had these in quite good condition.

[/QUOTE]

Not to sidetrack to much - does anyone know of any place to find values of import games. I have a few boxes full of PS1 and PS2 imports (some good ones like Arc the Lad, the PS1 final fantasy's, parasite eve 1 and 2, and a bunch more) and I really have no idea where I would go to find out if they are worth anything like the American counterparts are. I checked eBay for someone but I would see none on there or like just 1 in the last 90 days.

Little bit OT but the Final Fantasy IX I picked up has a disc 3 that has been buffed. Is there a way I can test it short of playing through the first 3 discs?

[quote name='oscargrouch']Little bit OT but the Final Fantasy IX I picked up has a disc 3 that has been buffed. Is there a way I can test it short of playing through the first 3 discs?[/QUOTE]

You can rip it to your computer twice using CD copy software and then run a file compare. If the two files are identical, you're all set. If not, there may be playability issues.

Not a game, but I like it! Wanted $10 CIF $5

Intellivision $5 for all. I like the $68 original price tag on the voice system.

D2 guide and Zelda guide .50 total

This one has a story. I looked at the PS1 and the guy running the sale told me he "just reduced" the Ps1 to $15 (from $25) I told him I would be interested in a few of the games (silent hill, dino crisis, and Legend of Dragoon).
I said "How much for the games?"
He said "$3 each or You can make me an offer for everything".
I said "Ok. $5"
He said "$12"
I said "$6"
He said "$10"
I said "$6 and the PS2 games" :)
He said "Man...You are a good negotiator!" (and took $6 for everything)

[quote name='schultzed']allyourblood is right

The difference would be between 480I and 480P but you're dead on . . . its a noticible improvement. The same was also true with the Gamecube.[/QUOTE]

OOps, my mistake. Just forgot I guess. It is STILL worth it IMO to se them.

Can definitely tell the yard sale season is winding down in my part of the neighborhood. Sales are becoming more spread out. I still hit about 50 sales between Friday and Saturday. Busted out on Friday for games but Saturday was a bit better. Below are my finds.

Sale 1
IMG_3033.jpg

Genesis Controller

Sale 2
IMG_3032.jpg

Nintendo 64 - 2 controllers, av cables, power cable
Games - Wayne Gretzky 3d Hockey, Quarterback Club 98, World Cup 98, Command and Conquer, Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye 007
IAP was $20 for the console, $10 for the games. Offered $12 for it all, ended at $18.

Sale 3
IMG_3031.jpg

N64 Games - Wave Race 64, Shadows of the Empire, Tony Hawk, Tony Hawk 3, MRC, Ready to Rumble boxing
IAP was $2.50 each, CIF'd $10 for it all.

Score of the weekend was fantastic. I asked for games at the sale and the tells me he has an old Atari, while he gets it down out of his garage, I see in the box some other treasures. Everything is below - I split this up because its a biggie :D

IMG_3035.jpg

Atari 400/800 - BlackJack, Super Breakout, 3-D Tic-Tac-Toe, Video Easel, States & Capitals, Basketball, Intro to Programming 1, Hangman, Computer Chess, Master Diskette, ET, Qix - All complete

IMG_3036.jpg

Atari 7800, complete, 2 joysticks, 2 2600 joysticks, 2 paddles, 21 Common games

IMG_3038.jpg

Sony Playstation 1001, av cables, 2 controllers, power cords - works great
Longbox games (all complete) - Wipeout, Twisted Metal, Road Rash, Street Fighter Alpha, Need for Speed, Loaded, NFL Gameday, NBA In the Zone
Other games - Resident Evil 2, Gameday 99, Apocalypse, Syphon Filter, 2xtreme, Lost world, Twisted Metal 2, Madden 97, Tekken 2, Mortal Kombat 4

The Jewels of the Lot!
IMG_3037.jpg

TurboGrafx 16 - complete in box, still has film over the controller and unit
TurboStick - complete in box
TurboExpress with TurboVision and ac adapter
Games - Darkwing Duck, Ninja Spirit, World Class Baseball, New Adventure Island, Keith Courage, Tiger Road, Kick Boxing, Sidearms, Devil's Crush, Bonks Revenge, Splatterhouse, Legendary Axe II

The guy wanted to break it all up and price it all out by system, initially wanted $100 just for the playstation. Another guy came by and started rifling through the games while I was going through them so I knew I needed to act fast.
I offered $100 for it all, which was balked at, he then came at me with $100 for the playstation with games and said he wanted $250 for it all. We finally ended at $175 for the lot and said if he found more he'd call me.:whee:

Here is part 2 my finds...Yes there is a part 3

It was an intellivision weekend! Paid $7 for all the intellivision stuff and the DVDs, Bluray, Demo discs.

Yes another intellivoice

DVDs

Tetris and Nintendo sleeves .50 for everything

The granddaddy of consoles.

I give you the APF TV Fun

Paid $1

Didn't get as much stuff this week, but still not bad:

SNES Super Mario World
SNES Donkey Kong Country
GBC Tetris DX, $2 for all

XB Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
XB Star Wars Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knights II, $5 for both

GEN Might and Magic: Gates to Another World, $1

PSX Final Fantasy VIII (missing manual and disc 4), 50¢

PS2 Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (GH, missing manual)
PS2 Red Faction
XB ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth
XB Jade Empire Limited Edition, $5 for all

PSX G. Darius, $2

CD Nirvana: Nevermind
GBA Action Replay Ultimate Codes for Pokemon
GBA E-Reader Pinball (new), $2 for all

XB Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse
DVD The Simpsons: The Complete Second Season, $4 for both

GBA Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 Strategy Guide, 50¢

Nintendo Power issues 1-75 (sadly missing issues 34, 36, 65, 68, 70, 71, 74)
Misc strategy guides and catalogs, $5 for all

This past weekend was pretty light. It was sprinkling/raining on Saturday, so there weren't many sales. Anyway, this week's favorite finds were G Darius and the Nintendo Power magazines.

G Darius is in the same condition as Dragon Warrior VII from a couple weeks ago: that is, it's in "like new" condition; you could have unwrapped it yesterday for how nice it looks.

The Nintendo Power magazines were a real highlight for me. Found at a "block sale", they were sitting in a box and I almost didn't see them as they were covered in Beckett price guides. I happened to notice a hint of color peeking around one of the Becketts so I started digging. I was excited to find a handful of Nintendo Powers underneath. As I kept looking I found more and more. I grabbed the whole box and headed up to the seller, asking how much he wanted for all of them. He said, "Um...", so I said, "How about five bucks for the whole thing, and you can keep the Becketts and baseball stuff?" He hesitated, but then said okay. I left and headed to more sales down the same side of the street. Finding nothing, I headed back to my car. As I was passing his house, he waved me over to him. He handed me a huge stack of more Nintendo Power magazines! I asked if he wanted anything else for these, and he said no.

I'm bummed that a few issues are missing, but it's still a beautiful collection. I can't wait to go through and (re)read some of these.

I found a TurboGrafx last year at a resale shop for $15. It was almost complete in box . . . it was missing the instructions and the pack-in (Keith Courage). I thought of keeping it . . . but I don't have a "room of doom" so I got a complete copy of Keith (off Half.com for $4-5 including shipping) and sold it the system on ebay last holiday season for something between $100 and $150.

[quote name='allyourblood']Didn't get as much stuff this week, but still not bad:

[/QUOTE]

I remember all those covers besides the kirby one. I'll never forget receiving the issue with Mega Man III on the cover, I don't know why but that was a prominent game for me. I think my first issue was the one with chip and dale on the cover. Awesome find

^My first one was Killer Instinct. :D

@slowdive21: You fucking asshole. Your Gamecube collection now looks exactly like what I've spent a year and a half building mine into. Nice score.

A pretty expensive couple of days.

This whole lot was $40 on Craigslist. Only the games and accessories were advertised, but the guy tossed in the system (although he said the system wasn't working, if so, the box and everything are mint), the controller, the movies and the anime figures.

What am I gonna do with anime figures? Anyway, neat lot as I don't see too much in the way of japanese items. Well, typically considering this weekend then this lot:

finds082609001.jpg

finds082609002.jpg

$50 for the following N64 games + system with expansion, hookups and 3 controllers. Another from Craigslist. A bit more than I'd like to pay, but I can make it back from the system and some of the games I already have.

finds082609003.jpg

$100 for a 360, HD and power brick. I already had the faceplate and I put it on because this system is modded. It's so I can tell the difference between my vanilla 360 and this one.

finds082609004.jpg

Kuros, that's hilarious:

I saw the Japanese game lot and passed, because I figured I'd never play them, but I remembered your Genesis lot from earlier and I said to myself, "Watch, Kuros is gonna post this up in a day or two."

:lol:

Also, I was tempted by the 64 lot, but I have almost all the games already. You have a lot more drive than me, that's for sure!

[quote name='allyourblood']Kuros, that's hilarious:

I saw the Japanese game lot and passed, because I figured I'd never play them, but I remembered your Genesis lot from earlier and I said to myself, "Watch, Kuros is gonna post this up in a day or two."

:lol:

Also, I was tempted by the 64 lot, but I have almost all the games already. You have a lot more drive than me, that's for sure![/QUOTE]

I don't have a few of the games. I figured I'd keep what I dont have and sell the rest on CL.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Anyone going to Wombat's garage sale? Would be kinda funny if someone CIF'ed him for something.[/QUOTE]

He lives in massapequa, right? I could if i wanted to....

bread's done
Back