Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

Man, I rarely find systems in the wild, and NEVER can I get them below $20. Nice finds this week guys, although it does seem to be winding down since fall is coming

FOnewearl where are you located? For me, like some others, there just aren't many sales going on and a lot of the late season ones are second attempts (with little to offer).

You are right about luck . . . which is why I tend to follow any signs I see. You never know what you will find.

Bought some Genesis games (Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion and Sega 6 Pack) for a buck a piece. The other sale yielded an Original X-Box with 3 S-type controllers, 1 Duke, and the logitech wireless. He was asking $30, I said $20, but we settled on $25. When I tested the system at home, worked great, and I found Halo inside. Nice little bonus, like finding Mario/Duck Hunt in a NES.

Silent Hill 2 guide, Siren, Nightmare Creatures wanted $5 offered $3, settled $3.50

Empty Super Nintendo Box, etc $1. Didn't bother haggling, since they were mindful enough to keep it.

Now I must free up space for 2011!!!! :bouncy:

went back to same flea market today and saw the same guy there again with same games left over except this time he had the Arc the Lad collection and a stack of guides...i picked some up but i wasnt too sure on the guides and the condition of them are used to very well used so i passed on some, he was asking $4 each for guides...

Guides
Chrono Trigger (some pages were stapled back in)
Secret of Mana
Suikoden II
Suikoden IV
Super Mario RPG SNES
Saga Frontier
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Final Fantasy VII

games
Azure Dreams
Arc the Lad collection complete
Legend of Dragoon

20101003150503573.jpg

20101003150311140.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yard sales are winding down here. Decided to hit the Pevely flea market for the first time. Ended up spending all the money we took except $2.

Got:
Snack Hound ceramic dachshund. Has 5 segments. Made in Japan. - $2
Travel Scrabble. Wife wanted for a project. -$5

The big score...
111 vinyl records. Condition varies from 3/10 to sealed. Many iconic albums from Led Zepplin, ZZ Top, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Eagles, 3 Dog Night, Rush, and more. Sealed ones were Disney compilations. Very cool. Was originally interested in a few @ $1 each. Someone said $15 takes them all. We only had $13, so she took $12. Nice instant vinyl collection. Just need to keep my eyes peeled for something to play them on!

[quote name='schultzed']FOnewearl where are you located? For me, like some others, there just aren't many sales going on and a lot of the late season ones are second attempts (with little to offer).

You are right about luck . . . which is why I tend to follow any signs I see. You never know what you will find.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the Northeast and this past weekend was the coldest yet easily (early morning forcast in the high 40s into 50s both Saturday & Sunday). For the last two weeks I've passed on Friday and went yardsaling in 6 different areas nearby on Saturday so if I have a list of 24 sales or a little more it really ends up being an average of 4-5 sales per an area between both days. It is a few more then I expected comparing to this weekend last year (Only close by on Friday = 6 sales and Saturday = 16 sales, this was also my last weekend having any good finds last year).

One sale was listed as just a street and it sounded like one house but ended up being 6 this weekend, things like this or an extra sale or two by advertised sales seem to add up for me and end up buffing the numbers on how many sales I get to in a few hours. I feel the same way as you and figured that so many sales would just be repeats making things even slower but surprisingly enough I only had a list of 12 sales that I've been to before this weekend and actually stopped at one or two of them, one actually advertised a GameCube and it ended up being a system with about a dozen games best being Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion & Super Smash Bros. Melee but it was marked $50 so I didn't feel like trying to haggle on it since I didn't want to deal with it not needing anything for myself.

Not cool. Out of the U.N. Squadron, the Mario is Missing, and the Actraiser 2 I picked up a few weeks ago, none of them worked. I think the person selling those three knew something that I didn't.

Oh well, it's always good to dust off my Run Saber CIB and see it play flawlessly.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Not cool. Out of the U.N. Squadron, the Mario is Missing, and the Actraiser 2 I picked up a few weeks ago, none of them worked. I think the person selling those three knew something that I didn't.

Oh well, it's always good to dust off my Run Saber CIB and see it play flawlessly.[/QUOTE] Hey dude if you want to sell any of your dead carts let me know.

[quote name='commandercody83']Yard sales are winding down here. Decided to hit the Pevely flea market for the first time. Ended up spending all the money we took except $2.

Got:
Snack Hound ceramic dachshund. Has 5 segments. Made in Japan. - $2
Travel Scrabble. Wife wanted for a project. -$5

The big score...
111 vinyl records. Condition varies from 3/10 to sealed. Many iconic albums from Led Zepplin, ZZ Top, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Eagles, 3 Dog Night, Rush, and more. Sealed ones were Disney compilations. Very cool. Was originally interested in a few @ $1 each. Someone said $15 takes them all. We only had $13, so she took $12. Nice instant vinyl collection. Just need to keep my eyes peeled for something to play them on![/QUOTE]

That's an amazing haul! I'm very jealous.

I recommend this:

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT-L...TPAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286323258&sr=8-1

This is the player I picked up for my wife for our 10th Anniversary last month. It works like a dream. The best thing is you can hook it up to the RCA jacks of your home theater system and play the albums through that.

That's a pretty good deal; what genre/era are they? I went to a benefit sale a month ago and bought two crates full of records. Ended up being 250 records, each album and record were individually poly bagged; mostly 70's folk. Then two weeks ago bought 105 records, mostly 80's rock/pop/r&b, for $8.

I have an update on the gameboy games that freeze up, the pokemon games. If replacing the battery doesn't work my friend says he put the game under a hot air reflow machine and it fixed the problem, but most people won't have access to a machine like that unless you are fortunate to have a friend like I do that has one.

thediorunner- they are mostly rock from the 60s-80s. Few country. Not many. Very good selection compared to what I see at yard sales.

Vulcan- no Cream. Sorry.

Adamthered- thanks for the suggestion. They have a USB version for less than $5 more. Prolly gonna do that.

I forgot to report last week, I saw nothing but overpriced games, I mean really overpriced. A PS1 with no cords and controllers for $35, a gamecube for $50 with no cords or controllers.. genesis sports games for $8 each. This was all the same seller. Another seller had a bunch of $5 beat to crap PS2 games in very very cracked cases...

So there was a sale around the corner this morning, so I walked over and bought this stuff for $14. I didn't haggle since it was all going to a Self Funded Animal Shelter (no government grants).

Yoyo, figures, batmabile

All games complete. "The Gameplan" DVD is still sealed.

These are my first wii games. I didn't realize they were regular sized, I thought they were minis like the gamecube.

Ok I think my season is over.

Today was comme ci, comme ca. No real knock me out of the ballpark finds but nothing terrible either.

My first stop was probably the best (something about these communities with the recent homes in the $350s and ample parking along the side of the road); they were advertising Playstation games and I was expecting to be lightning fucked at 7:30 and left with baby clothes. Fortunately as soon I got there I made out a box of n64 stuff in the distance...with other boxes :hot:

n64 console w/ all hook-ups, memory card, and two controllers
+ one yellow controller + one red controller + both of their boxes (!)
a performance memory card case (first time I've seen a mega memory card for the n64, though I have one for playstation)

Star Fox 64 box and manual (no game, I asked like hell) :cool:
Goldeneye 007 CIB (another first time grab for me) :cool:
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey cart-only

And the rest were all CIB:

Mission: Impossible
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars Episode 1: Racer
007: The World is Not Enough
Star Wars: Episode 1: Battle for Naboo
Mortal Kombat 4
Nintendo 64 Expansion Pak

Paid $10 for all.

Next I wandered around with a glazed look on my eye, wondering which neighbor had advertised the Playstation games. I squinted a bit and my thumbs found a stack with 25 and 50 cent price tags.

Resident Evil 2 (no manual)
Parasite Eve (no manual)
Both of these were Black Label w/ discs at least in the very good range
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 3

There they are. All for $1.50.

I wasn't done yet either; I flipped through my mental Rolodex of system titles and the wife phoned husband, who brought more offerings. Here I picked up a GTA Double Pack for PS2 for 50 cents, plus some 007 games I probably should've passed on--still it's tough to refuse 4 games for $2.00.

Oh, then there was the Tupperware bin with the Atari 5200 in the garage. Two controllers, all the hook-ups (I guess) and the following games.

Qix
Real Sports Tennis
Centipede
Berzerk
Real Sports Soccer

$5.00 asking price, no haggling required.

Okay, after this series of wins I start getting stupid with the neighbor across the street. He brings out the following odds and ends:

007 Everything or Nothing (Gamecube) -> This must be a Bond Neighborhood.
Axis and Allies (pc)
Madagascar (gba)
Sky Dancers (gba)
West Front: Elite Edition

Guy asks for $9, I claim the goods for $6. The Axis and Allies messed with my instincts, since I remembered selling the used board game for $30 or so. Surprisingly though, the West Front game may be the find out of the lot (22 on Amazon?).

So now I head over to the other side of town, it's 9:30ish and I'm not expecting too much from the more urban locale. Back in the same area where video games get sniped, no surprise, the video games were sniped. :drool: What bugged me though is that the lady had CDs advertised, but she had all of them still piled up on the porch (apparently hadn't ripped them all yet and was keeping them walled off from buyers). I wasn't gonna wait around for the asking prices I was seeing.

Next was the guy who had 5,000 comics books in his basement and I had marked off in bold *RESELLER* on my hit-list. He had an older gameboy and a gameboy color w/ Super Mario Land + Mega Man 3 which he was asking $30 for. I cupped my ear and asked him to repeat the price; well, since I usually get that sort of thing for $3 or so. XD

There is one item he had that I regret just a little bit not leaping on. It was an Atari 5200 with perhaps a dozen games complete in box for $20 total. A few of the boxes had serious fold/crush issues, so I asked to see the comics (and got to spend time in a basement that was in serious need of a flamethrower treatment) Right as I was saw the light of day and was reconsidering the Atari lot, oh, here comes somebody who wants to relive his good ol' Atari days and snags it right from under my nose :roll: There was probably $50-60 of goods in there as an ebay lot; I guess Atari just isn't my thing unless it's $5-10...

Yet again the record for most sales in one day has been broken - I was out for at least four hours. It's October, people! Worst of all, I'm pretty sick right now but I soldiered on through. Crappy phone camera pictures ahead:

29 NES games - $20

Some good titles in there, a few I already have but most are new to me. Also N64 Mickey Speedway USA slipped in there somehow.

:wii: Harvest Moon Magical Melody - $5
PS1 Final Fantasy VII black label - $5
:gc: Wario Ware Inc Mega Party Games - $2
GB Pokemon Red & Gold - $2 each

Another freakin' N64 with expansion pack. No controller or games but it's cool. $5.

Here's last week's stuff. Can't really remember prices but here it is.

N64 games: Turok 2, Goldeneye, Zelda Majora's Mask, Mario Kart, Quake 2, New Tetris, EA Triple Play 2000, Gameshark, and clear green controller

Genesis multi-tap (I always wanted one of these when I was a kid, lol)
:ps2: Dragon Quest VIII w/ FF12 demo
Genesis Fatal Fury & Bubsy (both complete)

ALS Industries Sega Genesis video entertainment center

Pretty impractical but the genesis lover in me had to have it.

Went out for 2 hours today. TONS of sales. Nothing but clothing and baby stuff. Got our third Ikea Benno shelf today though, so that's good at least. I spent $38 on 3 of them, when they're $49.99 at Ikea =P

Commandercody83, I'd look around at pawn shops or second hand stores for an older turntable. USB turntables are okay soundwise but can be a pain to repair.

King's Quest: Mask of Eternity (PC, Complete) - $2
Black 1st Party Playstation 2 Controller - .10

Both from the same sale on Friday and asking price.

Atari 800 Computer With Wico Joystick, Power Adaptor And Atari 410 - $3
Super Scope In Box (Missing Game And Paperwork) - $3
Nintendo Game Boy Case - $1
Dead To Rights II (Xbox, Complete) - $1
Arcade Party Pak, Descent And The Raiden Project (PS1, Only Descent Missing It's Manual) - $3
Jeopardy! (Game.com, Sealed) & Green 1st Party N64 Controller - .50

Atari Computer stuff was out with no price. The lady said I could have it for $5 and I said I was thinking more like a buck which wasen't working for her. I said how about we meet in the middle and she agreed on $3, very next sale when I asked about video games a family member over heard me and mentioned a Nintendo gun and held her hands out wide so I figured it was a super scope. She brought it out and I pointed out the missing game and offered a buck and she countered with $3 which I took. GameBoy case was marked $2 took a buck. Dead To Right II was asking price. Getting pretty close to noon and I happened to pass by an unadvertised sale, PS1 games were $2 each I offered $3 for 3 which was taken. The last find, no price I offered .50 which was taken.

Non Find BS
Went to 6 sales nearby on Friday and only ended up seeing and buying any games from the last sale, was only out for (close to) an hour.

Saturday got out the door at 9 and was out for 4 hours. Had a list of 21 sales and got to about 34 sales total.

For missed stuff the sale I got the Super Scope at advertised "PS2 games, Gameboys" and only had a single dreck PS1 game out and I was told that somebody bought 20 games. Another sale when I asked about video games I was told that they had a whole system but it already sold. I also had a few typical sales mentioning having/had (insert system here) that wasen't up for sale.

For most expensive, a Pac-Man plug and play marked $5 and the sale I got 3 PS1 games from late in the day it was $2 a game, $30 for the PS1 (this being the expensive part) or $40 for everything.

One sale I asked about games and the guy did have some older systems. Mentioned how he sold all of his Atari games & SNES games he didn't want but said that he would probably have something for the NES, Genesis & N64 around that he doesn't play. He came back a few minutes later only to tell me sorry he didn't have anything left to get rid of, only games that he is keeping and mentioned how he used to sell games on eBay. Not that I was expecting anything special from when I first talked to this guy but maybe some sort of diamond in the rough or something like Dennis The Menace (SNES) that I don't have for pocket change or a buck.

I asked about video games at one house to be brought into the front room and right by the door at the TV was a NES and a Jungle Green N64 with Mario Party 3 in the system. The lady then mentioned some games and after looking for a minute or two she finds the bin with the games and let me look at the games. I tell her I'd be interested in everything only for her to say something along the lines of maybe I should call my son. She calls Jr and just as I suspected the sale was off, he didn't have any interest in selling the games/systems. I only wonder if I instead tried to cherry pick a few games if mom wouldn't have considered the possibility of upsetting Jr as surely would have been the worst case with all of the old games and systems gone but looking back is 20/20 and I had no way of knowing what was going to ruin it getting this far into the deal before this lady got cold feet on selling.

I'm guessing that this stuff wasen't used for awhile even if it was hooked up to the TV (no controllers plugged in) the N64 was on top of the NES and dusty while the plastic bin with games was under some other stuff. I would guess not a collector or anything special of the sorts showing a perfect example of how many people are just as tight ass as a collector with any old games they are nostalgic for at all. I'd guess about 10 N64 games and 15-20 NES games and Mario Party 3 was the only game that would sell online for double digits. A few of the better games I remember with a few that probably still sell for between $5-10 online Donkey Kong 64, Diddy Kong Racing for the N64 and Double Dragon, Battletoads, Paperboy, Kung Fu, Zen: Intergalactic Ninja being the NES highlights I can remember just looking at the games real quick. The N64 also had a 4 meg memory expansion in it. It was a bummer having the rug pulled out from under me on this one but I wasen't really that disappointed since I didn't need anything for my collection and was happy to find the Atari 800 (and later) Raiden Project which were both things I wanted for my collection.

[quote name='schultzed']FOnewearl where are you located? For me, like some others, there just aren't many sales going on and a lot of the late season ones are second attempts (with little to offer).

You are right about luck . . . which is why I tend to follow any signs I see. You never know what you will find.[/QUOTE]

You definitely need to follow signs, because if people put out an unadvertised sale the prices are usually cheaper because they don't have to pay to put an ad in the paper. The ad in the paper here costs $30-40 and its yard sale death for you if you don't have one in the paper unless you live on an extremely busy street. People who pay for the ad feel like they have to make back the money they spent on the ad, so they charge more for stuff (and therefore sell less stuff).

I picked up seven Ronin Warriors action figures today for $4. Included among them was Rowen and Sekhmet which are apparently pretty rare. They are all first series and not the cheapo Kay-Bee re-issues.

@FOnewearl: I've had the "phone a friend" happen a few times to me during yard sales. The best thing is to play it cool; I come out and say if there's anything that they're really attached to, I respect that attachment. But here's the trick: keep persistent. I still ask to see what they might have in the garage or basement, mainly because I'm a collector and I'm curious about what other people are into (Whether or not I'm interested in buying it). 9 times out of 10, this gets the gears rolling in their head that this stuff hasn't been used in x number of years and that their relative / significant other isn't really attached to it anyhow. If you keep at it, sometimes people doing a yardsale will pull out a box and sort through what they do and don't want to keep right before your eyes, and you can often net "discards" that you otherwise wouldn't have access to.

Sometimes this phone call can work in your favor too, namely because the person running the sale may exert some influence on the other party to "scale down" or contribute to the sale in some small manner. Not everyone is of the vicious ebay mindset; usually your best finds are going to be made from people who are more interested in clearing out their living space than they are in turning a profit.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']

ALS Industries Sega Genesis video entertainment center

Pretty impractical but the genesis lover in me had to have it.[/QUOTE]

Gotta love it when you can have your system nestled inside a plastic box. XD I wish I could find more of the 8 cartridge cases for SNES; I think I ordered the one I have through Nintendo Power.

[quote name='Doomstink']I picked up seven Ronin Warriors action figures today for $4. Included among them was Rowen and Sekhmet which are apparently pretty rare. They are all first series and not the cheapo Kay-Bee re-issues.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']^ Nice finds =3[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize these are worth anything. I think I have all of them in the Mint in package. They were released by bandai right?

I also have the Pink and Yellow Power Rangers in the package with coins from Bandai.

Pretty decent day, assorted finds abound. Not pictured Fatal Frame (PS2) & Bioshock 2 both for $10 total.

100_5075.jpg

Buffy, Darksiders, Prototype: Grand Total $15. Wanted 10 each but got to 5 a piece.

100_5051-1.jpg

$2 for both. Learning has never been so fun!

The best find was the the strangest, amongst a group of DVD's I spotted this:

100_5076.jpg

100_5077.jpg

Factory Sealed: $4.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Yet again the record for most sales in one day has been broken - I was out for at least four hours. It's October, people! [/QUOTE]

Damn, I wish the folks around here agreed. Nice weather and a few sales this weekend. Nothing worth doing pictures. I did get a Saturn console (nothing but the console) for .50 at a church sale. I'll have to test it sometime.

I did find some nice stuff at one sale . . . True Blood seasons 1 and 2 were marked $5 each but seller accepted $6 for the pair (already sold for $20 a piece). I was picking through some nice books and I overhear the seller say . . . "yeah, those textbooks in those bins are free." I got about $80 in listings for $10.

So, I finished up my purchases and see this very, very old lady (at least in her 70s) digging in the bins. I got at one bin and pulled out a few textbooks worth selling (5 books worth about $70 total). But the old lady was just pulling out a bunch of textbooks in the other bin (I got a good look at many she grabbed and was pretty sure they weren't of value). Of the rest she took, there could have some of value. I'm looking at her, with "what the hell do you want with those?" in my head. I think she read my mind . . . so she says "my grandson is in an master's program." This sounds nice enough but she is picking up a bunch of random old textbooks. I just figure this grandson is going to have to sound happy when she gives him 15 textbooks he doesn't need or want. "Gee thanks Grandma."

If the seller had just put the texts out for .50 each, Grandma would've left them alone :whistle2:( I guess $150 worth of goods for $10 is good enough.

[quote name='schultzed']

So, I finished up my purchases and see this very, very old lady (at least in her 70s) digging in the bins. I got at one bin and pulled out a few textbooks worth selling (5 books worth about $70 total). But the old lady was just pulling out a bunch of textbooks in the other bin (I got a good look at many she grabbed and was pretty sure they weren't of value). Of the rest she took, there could have some of value. I'm looking at her, with "what the hell do you want with those?" in my head. I think she read my mind . . . so she says "my grandson is in an master's program." This sounds nice enough but she is picking up a bunch of random old textbooks. I just figure this grandson is going to have to sound happy when she gives him 15 textbooks he doesn't need or want. "Gee thanks Grandma."

If the seller had just put the texts out for .50 each, Grandma would've left them alone :whistle2:( I guess $150 worth of goods for $10 is good enough.[/QUOTE]

Beware of the elderly; I've heard rumors from my local bookstore that they receive more than a few trade-ins from retirees who are on the prowl for a little extra income.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Usually your best finds are going to be made from people who are more interested in clearing out their living space than they are in turning a profit.[/QUOTE]

Without getting deep into into the details, in my case this weekend this front room was crammed full of stuff, lots more then they were selling. These people were clearly pack rats so I knew I was in big trouble when the call was being made and it was surely going to be bad news lol

Well, I finally got my cheap PS2. It was a fat one, rather dusty and marked for $50. I took a chance and offered $20. The guy took it. Granted, it's bare bones (no mem card, just one controller), but this is the FIRST PS2 I've seen at a garage sale ever here in South Minneapolis, so I wasn't going to be picky.

Now I can finally play GOW 1 & 2 and Kingdom Hearts. Any other suggestions?

Dick Tracy (Complete)
Gangster Town (No Game)
Psycho Fox (Complete, "Psyco" Mispelled Cart)
Rescue Mission (No Game)
Xbox 360 Battery Deal For 1st Party Controller

$2

Buck a game tried to offer $1 for everything I had then meet in the middle at $1.50 but didn't seem to be working but ended up just taking $2 but got the battery deal added in and was given the empty cases also.

Non Find BS
Got out at 9:15 and only had a list of 8 sales and went to 9 with one non advertised I found.

First sale advertised a GameCube and games but I was told it was just sold as if I missed it by minutes. Another sale mentioned selling all of the games (only a steering wheel left) and only mentioning Xbox for anything in particular while one sale I was told that they sold a Nintendo last yardsale, nothing really overpriced today.

I probably shouldn't have bothered going out today with so few sales but between the advertised GameCube and wanting to get a half a year under my belt this season (this being week 26) I figured I'd go out even with so few sales since this will be my last week aside from any sales I see advertised over the next few weeks in town or maybe even the next town over.

I figured I might luck out with the GameCube stuff but wasen't expecting to luck out finding anything else with so few sales. I actually had a pal version of Dick Tracy I bought online a year or two back and I think I only have a cart only Rescue Mission and don't remember if my copy of Psycho Fox is mispelled. This is actually the first time I've found anything Sega Master System out for sale at a yardsale ever in my area (Hills & Kay Bee Toys being the only store around here that sold this stuff new back when it was current) and I rarely ever run into Master System stuff around here as in I could go years without seeing anything SMS. This is only the second time I've found SMS stuff at a yardsale, the first time was about 4-5 years ago when I asked about games I got 3 common games they brought out.

It's getting harsh out there, but I had the opportunity to make some of my own luck today.

Three books, 75 cents total:

- Absinthe & Flamethrowers
- Supervision: Concepts and Skill-Building (6th edition)
- An Introduction to Collective Bargaining
and Industrial Relations (4th edition)

There were plenty of stops in the 40 degree morning, but I made the mistake of hitting a church sale I'd been to before. It probably didn't help that I decided to check a stretch of road that seemed to be mostly old people. Anyhow, things were getting so desperate that when I saw some dry textbooks about two years old I thought of schultzed and decided to take a shot. Unfortunately the Supervision book is one edition off, but the collective bargaining book has a TIV at Amazon of $50 :hot:

Next was a bundle of mystery software:

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
The LucasArts Archives Vol II: Star Wars Collection
Star Wars: X-Wing Collector's Edition
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars Rebel Assault 2
Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (worth about $9)

All for $6.
This came out of a church sale that was in weird hillbilly country, we're talking about where the road goes under the highway and there's no off-ramp. That didn't stop dedicated resellers being there with questionable stuff; a guy actually tried to hawk a beat-up DVD case-only to me for 50 cents. There was also a handful of dirty genesis and game gear games, plus a supposedly "new" PS3 console for $150. I didn't trust any of it. Fortunately there was a more, err...residential couple who had all of these pc games in their big boxes, nice condition too. I was really only interested in the Indiana Jones game, but I figure all the Star Wars stuff will make a nice flip to some collector that wants them as display pieces.

SNES TMNT: Turtles in Time
:ps2: Phantom Brave
:gba: Pokemon Emerald
:ps2: Kingdom Hearts 2

All for $25.
This was fun. I knew from the ad that this was going to be either a reseller (due to the number of systems listed), a mugging trap, or a collector having a mental breakdown. Out of those possibilities, the second best turned out to be okay. The guy was pretty sharp and was an admitted ebayer to boot, but I knew that when he said $5 each for all the gba games that he made a serious boo-boo ;) So there I had some good conversation while digging through (4) triple-stacked boxes of SNES carts; left on amiable terms, and then headed over to Gamestop and promptly flipped two of the games for $18 in credit.

:ps2: GTA Vice City
+ 1 n64 controller

Both for $2.
I didn't really need this, but it's hard to pass up on an almost free controller.

Not much else of note to report except for the following: A) I spotted a PlayStation 2 Game Screen but didn't know enough about it / was unable to get it for zippo B) There was a Resident Evil Code Veronica X for the Gamecube which I had staked out for the Gamestop B2G1 free sale, so naturally there was this empty, violated space on the rack when I finally could incorporate it into my plans. :bomb:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']It's getting harsh out there, but I had the opportunity to make some of my own luck today.

There were plenty of stops in the 40 degree morning, but I made the mistake of hitting a church sale I'd been to before. It probably didn't help that I decided to check a stretch of road that seemed to be mostly old people. Anyhow, things were getting so desperate that when I saw some dry textbooks about two years old I thought of schultzed and decided to take a shot. Unfortunately the Supervision book is one edition off, but the collective bargaining book has a TIV at Amazon of $50 :hot:
[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']

So I know what new things I'll be looking for next season . . . I've been out of college for 15 years, so I've forgotten the textbook price scams that happen.

Nice find.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']It's getting harsh out there, but I had the opportunity to make some of my own luck today.

:[/QUOTE]

So I know what new things I'll be looking for next season . . . I've been out of college for 15 years, so I've forgotten the textbook price scams that happen.

Nice find.

I went to one yard sale that I found out about because of the Garage Sale Rover app on Android.

Boxed Sega Master System (no manual), 2 controllers, light gun, 3D glasses, Rapid Fire Control Stick, 3 games (Action Fighter, Alex Kidd, Hang On/Safari Hunt) for $30

2 Atari Lynxes (both models), newer model turns on but doesn't seem to read games, 13 games (Robotron 2084, Joust x2 (box and manual for one), Ninja Gaiden, Gauntlet x2, Xybots x2, Cyberball x2, Xenophobe, Blue Lightning, Batman Returns, cigarette lighter adapter for 2 Lynxes and the "Comlynx" cable. $20

Gameboy player for Gamecube (no disc) with Metroid Fusion, Castlevania: Aria of Shadow, Castlevania Legends, Castlvania Adventure, GBA e-card reader with a bunch of random cards. $5

Banjo-Tooie (CIB) $5

Legend of Zelda (CIB) $2

District 9 (Blu-ray) $4

Let the Right One In (Blu-ray) $4

The Maxx #1, Deadpool #1 - $1

Hit 3 sales. My nemesis beat me to this one and bought a PSP, DS, and 12? games for $95. :bomb:

But i manged to get these for $15 total.

I already have uncharted, but I haven't opened my copy yet. The greatest hits part is a sticker, but I find it odd that someone put it on the case. (since they are normally stuck on original copies when shrinkwrapped).

Picked this up a couple weeks ago and forgot about it.

$4 for KONG Limited Edition still factory sealed.

Got these at a sale that was about 100 feet from the one I bought the PS3 games. My nemesis must not have stopped there. His loss.

Paid $10 for everything.

Super Soaker CPS 2500

Nintendo games. Tale Spin and Little Mermaid are 100% complete.

OK seriously, I think my season is over now...

Picked up a Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe lunchbox for $1.00. I wasn't even looking to flip this one but there's completed listings between $10-$24 on ebay.

[quote name='slowdive21']

Paid $10 for everything.

Super Soaker CPS 2500

Nintendo games. Tale Spin and Little Mermaid are 100% complete.

OK seriously, I think my season is over now...[/QUOTE]

I loved that super soaker, me and my anti social friends would drive around on friday and saturday nights nailing people standing in line for movies/bowling etc... good times

[quote name='slowdive21']
OK seriously, I think my season is over now...[/QUOTE]

I was surprised to see a post from you. I'm very done now too. There were a few sales advertised last week but they were laid out in almost perfectly bad layout--hitting all the edges of town. I swear it would have taken over 2 hours to hit 5 sales . . . so I stayed home. I'm going to try and post one more set of pics. If I can find time . . .

I do have a ton of stuff on hand to sell anyway.

If anyone is interested in the kind of stuff I do, there was an interesting article on Slate.com from a used bookseller. I'm not so sure, but my wife said . . . this sounds just like you.

http://www.slate.com/id/2268000/

[quote name='schultzed']I was surprised to see a post from you. I'm very done now too. There were a few sales advertised last week but they were laid out in almost perfectly bad layout--hitting all the edges of town. I swear it would have taken over 2 hours to hit 5 sales . . . so I stayed home. I'm going to try and post one more set of pics. If I can find time . . .

I do have a ton of stuff on hand to sell anyway.

If anyone is interested in the kind of stuff I do, there was an interesting article on Slate.com from a used bookseller. I'm not so sure, but my wife said . . . this sounds just like you.

http://www.slate.com/id/2268000/[/QUOTE]

Fascinating article in regards to seeking out the virgin territory and such. I'm not sure though if it would be worth using a scanner or online help when making a deal; there's definitely a bit of the lowlife aura there.

I swear, I went to one of these library booksales and as soon as I got in the door, three resellers had walled off the CD section :bomb: The library personnel were like "Oh, at $2 a foot, we can't have that apply to the CDs next time." Since I saw how Darwinian things were going, I grabbed myself a huge cardboard box and went straight into the back room once they announced that a new room was opening up. Then I took their entire Science Fiction section in my arms and sat hunched like a caveman to sort out any books that I didn't want. The rest of the time I was there I muscled over everything with my megabox of holding, swallowing anything of interest as soon as my greedy hand could get to it. I spit out a bit later on but still ended up with about four feet double-layered, paid $8 for the whole thing.

i love library sales
I used to help run them at my old library where my folks live.
We did it by donations only and made great hauls.

I hate the fat guy that comes with his scanner and then pays like 2 for 20 books.
We started banning people after that.

[quote name='adriley313']i love library sales
I used to help run them at my old library where my folks live.
We did it by donations only and made great hauls.

I hate the fat guy that comes with his scanner and then pays like 2 for 20 books.
We started banning people after that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's one thing to cherry-pick because you're more knowledgeable about an item than someone else, or get a prize in bulk by the luck of the draw, but the guy with a scanner is a cheat just like an athlete who uses performance-enhancing drugs. :hot: I haven't seen one of these people yet but they might get roughed up if I see them on my turf ;)

I've all but stopped going to library sales . . . I just don't enjoy the competitive aspects. I love books and I've enjoyed selling them.

I enjoy the Slate article because the guy is pretty accurate about how the technology transforms bookselling for better and worse.

The season is still rolling in my area at 50% power. They'll have to take it from my cold dead hand.

bread's done
Back