Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

^If u wanna trade the coleco add-ons lmk. I have a working system but just a small handful of games & ive been looking for the 2600 add on.

Awesome finds above. You didn't even mention there were some awesomes SNES games in there. Chrono Trigger, what looked like Actraiser (the first cart), Donkey Kongs, and I forget what the game is with the white label.

So I'm new to CAG. Garage sales haven't been too great so far this year, mainly b/c i had other stuff going on during weekends and It rains every other weekend. However our local goodwill has helped me in getting the following in the past months to start an N64 collection:

$8 N64 in very good shape (only one mark, barely noticeable) WITH all the
cables and an expansion pak. best deal i've seen there yet.
$5 gray N64 controller. (desperately needed one after months, paid too much I know)
$4 atomic purple N64 controller , the joystick, like the first one is a bit loose but still has some snap to it.

Hope to do better this summer.:cool:

[quote name='jab1235']well, i have more questions if you guys don't mind. summer is coming up so i may as well go to garage sales, but what should i look for specificly? what should i be aware of? what are some of the rarer games prices (like final fantasy 7 or earthbound) that i read people getting for cheap. also any info on flea markets?

more on topic though - nice pickups BHit and DL[/QUOTE]

check out the CAG wikipedia page - lots of info

[quote name='Crchingtigr']So I'm new to CAG. Garage sales haven't been too great so far this year, mainly b/c i had other stuff going on during weekends and It rains every other weekend. However our local goodwill has helped me in getting the following in the past months to start an N64 collection:

$8 N64 in very good shape (only one mark, barely noticeable) WITH all the
cables and an expansion pak. best deal i've seen there yet.
$5 gray N64 controller. (desperately needed one after months, paid too much I know)
$4 atomic purple N64 controller , the joystick, like the first one is a bit loose but still has some snap to it.

Hope to do better this summer.:cool:[/QUOTE]

I've actually had a really hard time finding N64 controllers. I finally found one a week ago for $8 and someone carved their phone number into it. The cheapest I found any where else is like $15.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Awesome finds above. You didn't even mention there were some awesomes SNES games in there. Chrono Trigger, what looked like Actraiser (the first cart), Donkey Kongs, and I forget what the game is with the white label.[/QUOTE]

I found Actrasier tedious (back in the day) and its not worth much but "the white label" game is Shadowrun which I totally loved . . . I have a complete copy . . . I ought to sell it off because my chances of playing through an SNES RPG anytime soon are nil.

Porpoise King: that's a great story. Now, sell off the Megaman X2 and you'll cover your system and games purchase and possibly the power adapter as well. :) It would be a good idea to get one of the multipurpose adapters . . . you'll find other uses for it.

[quote name='elessar123']Boo! I hate you! =P[/QUOTE]

Are you interested? I don't know anything about it, just picked it up cuz its a Squaresoft RPG. I was just gonna put it up on eBay to flip for some games I DO want. If you have a trade list, I'd love to see it...

I wish I could hit some of these gold mines I'm seeing here.

The only hit I found so far was last week: A Playstation (with the cables and a controller) with a memory card and some games (all in a plastic bag) with a few decent titles, like Tekken 3 and Gran Turismo, all for $3.

Of all the sales I've been to, almost none have games. Someone wanted $30 for a Gamecube; someone wanted $5 each for old sports games; someone wanted $15 for a Playstation by itself. On weekends when I'm free this summer, I plan on going out early to look for some diamonds in the rough. I'm inspired by what some of you guys have found.

I know this isn't the right thread, but I figure that some of you guys would probably know. I found an old VHF switch for a "Game" in the garage. I'm almost positive that it's an Intellivision switch. If I post a picture, would anybody who has seen one on their adventures be able to confirm if it is or isn't one?

As a side note, I can't figure out what IAP means...

[quote name='Chronis']I know this isn't the right thread, but I figure that some of you guys would probably know. I found an old VHF switch for a "Game" in the garage. I'm almost positive that it's an Intellivision switch. If I post a picture, would anybody who has seen one on their adventures be able to confirm if it is or isn't one?

As a side note, I can't figure out what IAP means...[/QUOTE]

IAP = Initial Asking Price

[quote name='Dokstarr']Awesome finds above. You didn't even mention there were some awesomes SNES games in there. Chrono Trigger, what looked like Actraiser (the first cart), Donkey Kongs, and I forget what the game is with the white label.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't make a big fuss and didn't feel like typing up the name of the games but at least wanted to try and have good enough pictures to see what everything is for those interested in looking, if I wasen't so busy I would also list the name of all of the manuals I got & better pictures showing them and could do so at some point if anyone was interested. Sorry about the glare I'll be the first to admit that my picture taking skills are lacking to say the least. A high ratio of sports games in the NES games but the SNES games were all good except for Mortal Kombat.

[quote name='Segasonic01']^If u wanna trade the coleco add-ons lmk. I have a working system but just a small handful of games & ive been looking for the 2600 add on.[/QUOTE]

If I end up getting rid of it I'll let you know and have a look at what you have.

[quote name='schultzed']I found Actrasier tedious (back in the day) and its not worth much but "the white label" game is Shadowrun which I totally loved . . . I have a complete copy . . . I ought to sell it off because my chances of playing through an SNES RPG anytime soon are nil.

Porpoise King: that's a great story. Now, sell off the Megaman X2 and you'll cover your system and games purchase and possibly the power adapter as well. :) It would be a good idea to get one of the multipurpose adapters . . . you'll find other uses for it.[/QUOTE]

I actually liked Actrasier myself, borrowed it from somebody years ago and played through it. I will agree that Porpoise King's old lady story was great :D

[quote name='Chronis']I know this isn't the right thread, but I figure that some of you guys would probably know. I found an old VHF switch for a "Game" in the garage. I'm almost positive that it's an Intellivision switch. If I post a picture, would anybody who has seen one on their adventures be able to confirm if it is or isn't one?
[/QUOTE]

Post it. I'll take a look.

[quote name='FOnewearl']
I actually liked Actrasier myself, borrowed it from somebody years ago and played through it. [/QUOTE]

Maybe I was too harsh . . . it was a neat idea to have both a sim/strategy aspect combined with an action game.

The one SNES game that I was really surprised by was "Arcana." It looks like a shaby RPG but I really enjoyed playing it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcana_(video_game)

Yeah seriously, no one better dare bash Actraiser. One of the best early SNES games by far. The side scrolling levels were fantastic, sort of like Castlevania IV/Faxanadu, and the "simcity" levels were pretty damn fun as well.

nothing worth posting pictures
I found this on my drive back home-

another N64 /w cords
2 N64 controller
Super Smash Bros. (N64)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Turbo racer? (NES)
3 dirty,broken gameboys
1 zapper
all for $5.00

I bought this waiting for him to find his snes system he had, but he never found it (TT).

Why are there so many N64s?

[quote name='Porpoise King']

Anywhere know where I can get some cheap SNES a/v cables & power cord? :D[/QUOTE]

PM me I think I have several extras lying around.

Found these games at a Yard Sale.
Do you think the are worth anything.
Need to bu a new ps3 since mine just broke.

Will Eisner's The Spirit- I think graphic comic cd
Dule Nukem-3D Complete Version
Duke It Out In DC
Wrath of Earth
The X Fools
P.Y.S.T.
Spectre Classic
Chaos Overlords
Dark Colony
Merit's Galactic Reunion
Jagged Alliance
Fantasy 5
CyberMage
Maelstorm
Crusader: No Remorse
The 7 Guest Disc 2- with Wetlands, Dune 2, Cannon Fodder 2
Breach
EntoMorph
Eradicator
Alien Logic
D/Generation
Game Head
Chronomaster
Commander Blood
Bureau 13
Dark Colony
Dark Passages 2

[quote name='dejeckt']nothing worth posting pictures
I found this on my drive back home-

another N64 /w cords
2 N64 controller
Super Smash Bros. (N64)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Turbo racer? (NES)
3 dirty,broken gameboys
1 zapper
all for $5.00

I bought this waiting for him to find his snes system he had, but he never found it (TT).

Why are there so many N64s?[/QUOTE]

Damn, you got a good deal.
I paid $5 for a cordless n64 w 2 controllers.

[quote name='NickNorman']
On weekends when I'm free this summer, I plan on going out early to look for some diamonds in the rough. I'm inspired by what some of you guys have found.[/QUOTE]

This is a good attitude. Go out because its fun and hope for the best. If you can find other things to look for, it will reduce your disappointment. You'll probably learn a lot along the way.

For me the videogame finds are gravy (or frosting).

[quote name='adriley313']Found these games at a Yard Sale.
Need to bu a new ps3 since mine just broke.

Will Eisner's The Spirit- I think graphic comic cd
Dule Nukem-3D Complete Version
Duke It Out In DC
Wrath of Earth
The X Fools
P.Y.S.T.
Spectre Classic
Chaos Overlords
Dark Colony
Merit's Galactic Reunion
Jagged Alliance
Fantasy 5
CyberMage
Maelstorm
Crusader: No Remorse
The 7 Guest Disc 2- with Wetlands, Dune 2, Cannon Fodder 2
Breach
EntoMorph
Eradicator
Alien Logic
D/Generation
Game Head
Chronomaster
Commander Blood
Bureau 13
Dark Colony
Dark Passages 2
[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, none of those are particularly rare or worth much. If you want to double check you can find used prices for all of them on Amazon, though.

[quote name='adriley313']Found these games at a Yard Sale.

Dark Colony
[/QUOTE]

Condition would matter quite a bit . . . I don't have time to research all of these--that's your job :)

I did look up Dark Colony (caught my eye for some reason).

IF you had a complete game (box, instructions, minty or near-mint disc, catalog, registration card . . . ) then you'd have something here. There are buyers who really go for a collectible (esp. around the holidays).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ils?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1275454955&sr=8-1&seller=

A nice complete copy could be listed on Amazon for just under $20 . . . but it could take a long time to sell . . . might sell in a week, a month or 2 years.

I suspect that some of the others on the list are about the same. If in collectible condition you have something (although hard to sell and forget about ebay). If disc only, they are hardly worth the time and energy to sell. But you should check each one . . . maybe some are like this in the group:

http://www.amazon.com/Maniac-Mansio..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1275489700&sr=8-2

[quote name='schultzed']This is a good attitude. Go out because its fun and hope for the best. If you can find other things to look for, it will reduce your disappointment. You'll probably learn a lot along the way.

For me the videogame finds are gravy (or frosting).[/QUOTE]
So you are saying videogames are an added benefit? What do you usually look for in garage sales?

BTW: I'd suggest gold and silver. Which I keep forgetting to look for at these sales. I'm ganna have to write it down on my hand.

[quote name='slowdive21']Post it. I'll take a look.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
DSCN0569.jpg

Got a few things over the last week, but only one that I thought was noteworthy:
GB color, lime green no games for .25. It had the battery cover and I figured even if it's broken it is cool looking so why not add it to the collection? Turns out it not only works, but there were working batteries in it as well.

[quote name='Chronis']Do you happen to know what kind of cable I need to go into the top port?[/QUOTE]

Looks like a standard RCA type plug. That appears to be some sort of generic VHF/UHF game switch for the old consoles - Coleco, Atari, Intellivision, etc.

[quote name='TiKi2']So you are saying videogames are an added benefit? What do you usually look for in garage sales?

BTW: I'd suggest gold and silver. Which I keep forgetting to look for at these sales. I'm ganna have to write it down on my hand.[/QUOTE]

I turn books (and media) into gold. I have a passion for the videogame-related stuff (and stuff for my kids) but I make some extra money selling books online. I know one guy who buys model kits . . . other people dig vinyl . . . still others know the value and market for old board games.

I was just saying that if you pursue other things at rummage (say knick knacks for you mom?) you can better deal with the disappointment of finding very little gaming stuff on a given day.

[quote name='karkyco']Looks like a standard RCA type plug. That appears to be some sort of generic VHF/UHF game switch for the old consoles - Coleco, Atari, Intellivision, etc.[/QUOTE]

This is correct it is a standard RCA (Yellow/red/white cord) jack. On the console it will just be a black cord (Yellow is video).

[quote name='schultzed']I turn books (and media) into gold. I have a passion for the videogame-related stuff (and stuff for my kids) but I make some extra money selling books online. I know one guy who buys model kits . . . other people dig vinyl . . . still others know the value and market for old board games.

I was just saying that if you pursue other things at rummage (say knick knacks for you mom?) you can better deal with the disappointment of finding very little gaming stuff on a given day.[/QUOTE]

This is very true. I collect basically everything, so it pays to know about multiple items. Books (other than comics) are my weakest subject, but I tend to pick up recent textbooks if they are cheap -as well as old hardcover children's books in nice shape. There is a lot of money to be made on books if you know the ins and outs. (I don't have the equipment/patience).

[quote name='slowdive21']This is correct it is a standard RCA (Yellow/red/white cord) jack. On the console it will just be a black cord (Yellow is video).

This is very true. I collect basically everything, so it pays to know about multiple items. Books (other than comics) are my weakest subject, but I tend to pick up recent textbooks if they are cheap -as well as old hardcover children's books in nice shape. There is a lot of money to be made on books if you know the ins and outs. (I don't have the equipment/patience).[/QUOTE]

Books are tricky. I find the best scores on this are flea market left-overs; in short somebody has a box they don't want to take home with them. I did have a hell of a score on Easter I believe it was. Somebody right down the street put up an ad on Craigslist (in the free section) and when I got there I nabbed about five boxes of books, a box of cassettes (some industrial and new wave, pretty surprising since it seemed like just old people there), and a 2-liter bottle of cola. I took the booklot to a local store and flipped it for $37 or so, but not before I checked each title on amazon. Pulled out another 2 books (somewhat rare) and sold them myself for $35 or so. The Art of Seduction and the Brownstone House of Nero Wolf they were called.

Library sales can also be, how you say, rocktastic. I went to one that was charging $2 per foot, so while horders seized the library's entire CD collection in the first five seconds, I casually walked to the back room to take my revenge. That's where the science fiction section was located, emphasis on the term was. I ended up spending eight bucks that day, with just four of the books I had acquired (Fredrick Pohl's Heechee Saga) easily worth that much.

As a general rule, I usually don't turn down comic lots if they're something like 10 cents a piece, ditto on certain books and VHS lots. It's kinda of funny actually that I find these obscure VHS tapes like Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future which are somewhat flippable, but I do think that books and VHS are categories with "treasures" that most people would easily miss.

Awesome guys thanks for sharing. I've been looking into trying to flip some of the stuff I see to offset my gas tab, since almost every weekend is a bust for me (video game wise) . Anymore tips are appreciated.

[quote name='TiKi2']Damn, you got a good deal.
I paid $5 for a cordless n64 w 2 controllers.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, for late response (I don't think I had to reply though). Any rate...I think you gonna hate me a little.

Previous week or so I found...
Had a little luck today, but nothing [SIZE=-1]ra[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]re...

Box full of game [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]r[/SIZE]elated goods fo[SIZE=-1]r
$10.00 (IAP)

[/SIZE]

• 2x N64 /w co[SIZE=-1]rds - both wo[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rks but one of the av co[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rds left audio is b[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]roken.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]2x N64 Cont[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rolle[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rs - one official and one f[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rom pe[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rfo[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rmance[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]Zelda, Ma[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rio 64, Goldeneye, Mission Impossible, and NFL blitz
    [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]D[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]reamcast - with co[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rds, have not tested[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]D[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]reamcast cont[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rolle[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]r - official cha[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rcol g[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rey millenium[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]D[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]reamcast VMU[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]PS2 multitap[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]2x Dualshock 2 - one of the co[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rds has a tea[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]r[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]PS2 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]remote[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]2x PSX cont[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rolle[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]r[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]2x PSX memo[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ry ca[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rds[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]5x Xbox Cont[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rolle[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rs - 3 official, 2 3[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rd pa[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rty[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]Xbox dvd dongle[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]Xbox Component and AV cables[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]etc
    [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]I think I got my money's wo[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rth this time a[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]round ^^[/SIZE]

Couple of days later I found
N64 w/cords and box for $3.00 (no controller though)

So far I only seem to be running into N64 related items and nothing else.

This has been posted before, but my tip is ask. All these finds I got from asking; 90% of the time it won't work but a good portion of %10 are nice scores. Also, always try to haggle even if your willing to buy it at that price just don't be an a** about it.

NES Adventure Island - $1
Genesis T2 Boxed - $1

Only thing I found today. Some other guy who advertised gaming systems said he was sold out when we got there, a mere 6 minutes after opening :p

Not bad for $2 though :D

[quote name='Porpoise King']

Only thing I found today. Some other guy who advertised gaming systems said he was sold out when we got there, a mere 6 minutes after opening :p

[/QUOTE]

I started off on a down note when I went first to a sale that advertised video games. I got there at 7:58 but 10 min. earlier someone else "bought the whole box." This ticked me off but after I left I realized that it was familar and this was the place were I bought Midnight Club LA a week ago for $10 . . . I had looked at all the games and I didn't want any of them. My only gaming find was a sealed copy of Twisted Metal 4 (PS1) for $1.

[quote name='TiKi2'] Anymore tips are appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I generally keep my non-gaming finds to myself but just this once I'll give the highlights. In general, you should watch this thread carefully . . . for instance I first learned about the value of TI-83 calculators here . . . I picked up two last year for $5ish and they sold nicely during the Fall back to school period.

On to my morning. Bummed out by rain and a 2-hour time limit (my son stayed home sick today and I wanted to be around the house).

Here is very typical finds from 3 separate sales (usually I pick up an item here and there--it accumulates as I go) . . . where there wasn't a videogame in sight:

1st.jpg

The Reba set is minty and complete and it should sell in the $9 range . . . marked $2 but I paid $1.

I'm pretty sure "The Twinkle Twinkle" book will net something like $25 . . . it was marked $3 and it was a hard bargain but eventually I got it for $1.50 ($2 with another book for my kids thrown in that I would've paid .50 for). This book was in a bin full of kids books that were all pretty low in value. I often dig to find a gem. If I give up on the box or bin without digging, I'd often go home with nothing.

I got the pair of Arkansas books for $3 and they look like they will get about $15 each. This was a classic sale for me because it had mostly craft stuff and old tools. I walked through and only saw a small stack of 4 books almost left but "ya gotta check em all" and I nabbed these. The fishing book is in shrinkwrap which will max it.

This next pic is the kind of thing I run into on a nearly weekly basis (if I'm out for my usual 4-6 hours).

2nd.jpg

These were all in a bin on the edge of the sale and marked .50 each. The 2 shipwreck books look like they are in the $10 range but have high sales ranks (which means they might never sell or take a few years). 3 of the other books are pretty marginal (in the $6 range) but I think they will sell when school starts up. 4 are in the $10-$15 range . . . old editions of texts and they are risky because no matter how careful you are in selling them, sometimes people want to return them. In this group, the Criminology book is freshly out of date . . . about a year ago I sold a copy of this book for $50 and it might trend more to $20 if some profs are still using it but it might also just collapse and be without any value. So, that $4.50 might get $50 over time. The last .50 purchase, the Biological Psychology text is worth a good $50 itself. Unfortunately, there are not that many really good textbooks out there at rummage sales but I do score a few of them.

I had decided to report my day before a snagged this next group which is a very rare find--I feel lucky to get 1-2 scores like this in the whole rummage season! I was about done (after about 20 sales) and heading back home and saw a sign for an "estate sale." Personally, I don't do well at estate sales (ones run by local companies) because I think they cherry pick the good stuff. This one was run by family members and friends--which is cool. I thought it would be a quick walk through (elderly people usually don't have videogames) but in the basement I spotted a rack of videos and another and another. I went through and picked these:

3rd.jpg

My total was $90 ($94 but the woman rounded down).

Back at home my son help me add up the projected listing value on Amazon in an Excel spreadsheet. We came up with $1100. Which leads me to believe I might get about $500 profit out of these in the next 1 or 2 years. Much of the value comes from the fact that a good 1/3 to 1/2 of the items are sealed. Most are out of print and not on DVD. Once listed they will slowly sell off and I'll unload a bunch near the holidays.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='schultzed']I turn books (and media) into gold. I have a passion for the videogame-related stuff (and stuff for my kids) but I make some extra money selling books online. I know one guy who buys model kits . . . other people dig vinyl . . . still others know the value and market for old board games.

I was just saying that if you pursue other things at rummage (say knick knacks for you mom?) you can better deal with the disappointment of finding very little gaming stuff on a given day.[/QUOTE]I wish I knew the values of more than a few books or vinyl or anything like that. After a year of flipping video games, I am basically a walking price guide for them, haha, but really know nothing about the prices of anything else.

Look for Beatles and Rolling Stones vinyl records. 45 singles, albums, b-sides, etc. Also I hear old jazz records could be worth something.

Castlevania (Complete)
DuckTales (Boxed)

$9

Not really much (if any) of a deal here both missing the styrofoam blocks. Asked about games and this is some of what I saw out of a few games and I only bothered picking up these that I wanted complete for my collection, I have a manual for Ducktales. The girl selling these mentioned looking them up on a rarity list recently that was graded by letter that I'm guessing is the same one I'm thinking of. She didn't really know what was going on and thought she might have been shooting herself in the foot (I was told that DuckTales is kind of rare, wtf). She mentioned $5 at least a game, I tried to offer $10 for these and a boxed Roll 'n Rocker controller which was countered with $15. I almost just bought Castlevania for $5 but said I'd also take DuckTales if any better was done and took the offer of $9.

Asteroids (PS1, Complete)
Medal of Honor (PS1, Complete)

Hoyle Casino (Dreamcast, Complete)
Tomb Raider III (PS1, Disc Only)
Rascal (PS1, No Manual)
About 30 PC Games (Mostly Disc Only & Not Pictured)

Free

All of the free stuff was from a few free boxes filled with what was mostly bootleg PC games & programs but with some retail stuff mixed in. The PS1 games were brought out when I asked about old games and were a dime each but I told them I wasen't worried about a nickel since I grabbed some stuff out of the free box.

Non Find BS -
I got out the door just before 8 and got home just after 12 and got to about 37 sales today. The usually had/sold, have games today with abit more still have x old system today then usual.

First sale I went to was one I bought a number of GameCube games from back in August of 2008 IIRC. I saw the same address advertising video games as always and made it my first stop. I was expecting to maybe see some newer games but instead the notable new stuff was a SNES with some games & 2 NES systems with some controllers but no AC adaptor & 20 games. The only decent SNES game was Street Fighter 2 Turbo (boxed or complete) and some decent but common NES games (most notably would be Castlevania 1 x2 & Mega Man 3). No price and the guy wanted $60 or something like that for either one. Didn't think it would work but tried to offer $30 for the NES stuff just for the heck of it and the guy politely declined and as nice as one could mentioned how he could get more on eBay and figured he'd try this first (although I'd guess he'd rather avoid eBay if he's going with selling at a yardsale first) He said he'd do $100 for both and even asked me if I resell this stuff.

The sale I got the 2 NES games at I was shown an old Atari computer with a few cart games but was told that a brother would be mad if it was sold. I got the impression that I could buy some of the games or even the whole deal if I made a good enough offer but I was given the vibe of not wanting to sell anything too cheap and wanting to get what it's worth and not getting it out of the house. I probably would have had to offer the moon and the stars for the Atari computer. The NES stuff was a system, the boxed Roll 'n Rocker, Ghost N Goblins (With Manual) and the rest of the games either boxed or complete. Game Genie, Yo Noid, Super Mario Bros 3 & Dr Mario. I mildly regret not getting the Roll 'n Rocker controller for $5 but I would have rarely if ever used it and it would be taking a abit of space, oddly enough the girl was pretty nice about bringing this stuff out even if she wanted too much to get rid of it at a yardsale. She left it out so I'm guessing that they were going to fish for offers on it during the sale the rest of the day, I could picture her not liking the $10 offers for the rest of the stuff assuming no price was put on it :) She even assumed I only wanted this stuff just to resell right off the bat as she showed it to me.

I try to do the best I can to skip sales I've been to before but did trip over a good number of sales today that I've been to before. I actually recognized 2 or 3 different faces today that I've already seen this year somewhere else in the area. The one lady I remembered mentioning GBA games before and even had them out for sale today but they were marked $5 each and nothing particularly special. It was actually Super Mario Land & a few GBC games and not GBA stuff.

$8 Boxed Toshiba HD-A30 with 4 HD-DVDs

$0.50 Black and White 2 and FFXII guide

$5.25 Baldur's Gate 2 complete with versus guide and sega stick

They had the other Baldur's Gate games complete with guides. I already have them from another sale, but not complete. I would have picked the others up if they were cheaper. I'm still tempted to pick them up.

Hopefully if the Yard Sale gods are willing i will be hitting a Garage*a*Rama sale a few towns over.
Hoping to score big.

[quote name='erehwon']

$5.25 Baldur's Gate 2 complete with versus guide and sega stick

They had the other Baldur's Gate games complete with guides. I already have them from another sale, but not complete. I would have picked the others up if they were cheaper. I'm still tempted to pick them up.[/QUOTE]

It's kinda sad that the Baldur's Gate 2 guide might be worth more than the game now, but I'm still righteously jealous, being guide-less.

Nice pickup on that Arcade Power Stick, nowhere. I used the heck outta mine back in the day. Not really authentic arcade feel, but a good stick nonetheless.

Didn't get to hit sales at all last weekend. Hope I can make up for it this go round.

I have been inspired. Have seen yard sale signs and just flown by them, not even thinking they might have game related items. Definitely going to be searching for them now. :)

I'm gonna go berserk in the morning if it doesn't rain. I've got 25 potential stops, and that's knowing that I can't possibly cover the zones 30 minutes to the west and southeast, respectively. I could really use two deputies out here.

[quote name='mistymayem']I've actually had a really hard time finding N64 controllers. I finally found one a week ago for $8 and someone carved their phone number into it. The cheapest I found any where else is like $15.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, it took me months b/c they are not in abundance like playstation and xbox controllers.:roll:

bread's done
Back