Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

Technically not a yard sale, but F_T isn't posting here yet. I don't like checking the other threads for that reason =P

We went to the swap meet to look for N64 controllers and Wavebird receivers. Ended up picking up:

dsc00167la.jpg

Outpost (pc complete), Family Game Pack (ps1 complete), Soul Edge (JP ps1 complete), Tekken 2 (case only, burned cd inside), Lego Creator Harry Potter (pc, complete), whatever JP ps1 game that is (looks like one of the cube rolling puzzle games, complete), and Atlantis (pc complete) for $5. Guy wanted $8, I put Tekken 2 aside, ask for $5, he agreed. I then asked if I can have the Tekken 2 case, since the CD inside was fake. He was like, yea, take it.

Found a Da Vinci code game, with all disks in the case but nothing else. There's some syrupy residue on part of it that I still need to clean off. And Activision Classic Games. Guy was asking for $1 for Activision Classic Games, and $3 Da Vinci cause it's multiple disks... I barely wanted it for $1, so I proceeded to turn around to put it back, and he said $2 is fine for both.

dsc00168lg.jpg

Found Rogue Squadron, guy was saying it's $5, immediately says $3 is the lowest he'll take. I think I immediately countered with $2. Forgot if I paid $2 or $3.

Found lots of N64 controllers, but most of them wouldn't sell it without the system, and was overpricing them, or were selling them for $10+. Found one stall selling one for $6, was pulling out money to haggle, when I spotted an N64 across the stall. N64, 2 controllers, Mario 64 and Mario Party 64 for $40. I offered $30, he countered $35, and I stayed firm. He folded. Should have gotten the 3rd controller since we picked up an N64 without a controller just recently, but oh well. I'll probably go back next weekend and get it.

fo3cyx.jpg

Random church sale things.
:gc: Naruto: Clash of Ninja (player's choice) - $2
SNES: Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego - cart only & dust jacket - $3
SNES: Ultima: The False Prophet - cart only & dust jacket - $3
Indigo Game Boy Color w/ manual - $3
Official Wii wheel - $3
Mario ball (McDonald's toy?) - $.50
Aqua Teen Hunger Force vol. 3 - $1
PS1: Ten Pin Alley - $1
The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told - $1

Interesting assortment of stuff I suppose.

Picked a Black GB SP $5 (didn't have a charger, anyone got an extra one for cheap?)
Uncharted 1 $10
Linksys Wireless router $2

Zelda Four Swords for GC $3
RE 3 for gc $3
Resident Evil 1 remake GC $3

Went to 50+ sales out of 130, in one town. 30 min wait to get into the neighborhood/on the island. I passed on a $10 xbox (didnt have anything to carry it, lots of overpriced 360 games, tried to get COD 4 ps3 for less then $10 guy wouldn't budge on the prices. Passed on like new ASUS EEE Box marked at $150 I should have bought that but I was short on cash. Can't wait to go next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Short day on Saturday (like Friday) . . . frustrating but I just don't have much time.

FF Tactics with 2 copies of the disc . . . Game is complete with minty disc and included a second game disc that is pretty good.

Tactics.jpg

Saw this on a table at a sale (marked $5) and asked if she'd take $2.50. She said she had to ask the husband (inside out of view) her friend sitting with her was like "why?" Anyway she comes back saying he wants $5 but her friend says something like "he'd never know." So, I say "how about $3" she counters $4 and we end at $3.50. So much for the man of the house."

I found this Panzer General II at another sale.

PanzerII.jpg

I knew this game has some value . . . not sure I can get over $20 for just the disc (as they are listed on Amazon) but for .25 its a good risk.

I sometimes ask about games when there are none and for the most part I don't get anywhere but at one sale the women brings out a PS2. At first I saw the GS PS3 box and wondered if it would actually be a PS3 but it was this fat baby.

FatPS2.jpg

I offered $20 and she balked because she wanted to sell the games separately. So I pulled out 6-7 sports titles and said how about $20 for what's in the box and she agreed.

The system works! This should be cool because I have a buddy who got rid of his and wants a PS2--so I'll sell it to him for $20. I was a little disappointed because of the lack of flippable extras--the games are crap. Although in the bag are 7 Legend of Dragoon discs . . . 2 of every disc except #1. And then I noticed the network adapter . . . which I can spin off for an extra $20.

There is a long story behind these:

PS2guitars.jpg

I paid $5 and probably should have left them behind or got the guy to throw in some Genesis games (4-5 titles nothing special) but it was all a waste of time.

One final item for the weekend (although I got other non-gaming stuff not listed)

art.jpg

I was on an extra trip out and had no time but stopped at this sale . . . there was nothing but the woman said there was artwork in the basement. I paid $12 for this pair and want to hang them in my classroom (I teach sociology).

photo8v.jpg
So I was reading through most of this thread, and missing the days that I use to treck through fleamarkets and the occasional Garage Sales looking for gaming treasures, so I wanted to share some finds, they are a few olds, but still as good as gold!

I would trek through the local Fleamarkets at least once or twice a month, and would always make a pit stop at the gaming stands. They would always have at least 4-5 of them, but most of the people selling stuff knew what they had.

One guy that I worked for back in high school had a Video Game Business and I had worked with him back in the hayday of the NES, and Super Nintendo/Genesis.

He disappeared for awhile and I couldn't find him at the local Fleamarket, but I found him at a different swap meet that was once a month at a College, and in a nicer area where customers are willing to fork out more $ for games.

He had a smaller stand than when I worked for him before, and had the usual DS, PSP games, as well as some of the latest console games. Nothing too great, and it was priced just below retail.

Well one weekend, I scored, as he had gone through storage, and found some items from back in day when I worked for him

One of which was a Factory Sealed Copy of Final Fantasy for the NES!

I asked him how much, and he knew what it was worth, but said, I'll take $20 bucks. My jaw dropped, and didn't hesitate to pay :)

He also that same day had 2 Turbo Express Units which myself and a friend purchased for $20 bucks each... They were both in the box with the styrofoam, and very mint.

Best finds ever!

Yes I still have the Final Fantasy for NES in my desk, neatly packed in a box, and I don't plan on selling it now. I'll hold on to it for a few more years, and see what it's worth then :)

[quote name='schultzed']

art.jpg

I was on an extra trip out and had no time but stopped at this sale . . . there was nothing but the woman said there was artwork in the basement. I paid $12 for this pair and want to hang them in my classroom (I teach sociology).[/QUOTE]

I love these! Keep me in mind if your ever get tired of em!
(I dig colors!)

"I love them myself. I don't know if you can tell the scale . . . the smaller one is 2 feet and the bigger one is 27 inches."

yeah against the floorboards I hoped they were that big...hope you find the house ...

[quote name='donut']I love these! Keep me in mind if your ever get tired of em!
(I dig colors!)[/QUOTE]

I love them myself. I don't know if you can tell the scale . . . the smaller one is 2 feet and the bigger one is 27 inches.

I now wish I had more time to look around at this place. I was in a real hurry at the time . . . I tried to find the house later but I can't quite remember where it was.

This past weekend's finds (click pics to see full-size):

3 Game Gear games: Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, Shinobi II: The Silent Fury, Tails Adventure, 1 Game Gear cartridge case, $3.50 for all

I'm not sure why I keep buying Game Gear games. I almost never play them. I guess I just like that they're small so they don't take up a lot of space, and when I do get around to hooking up my Game Gear, a lot of the games surprise me with how fun they are.

PSX Metal Slug X (complete), $5

Not much to say on this one. In hindsight, five bucks seems a bit much, but I like the Metal Slug series and I haven't played this one.

12 NES games: Adventure Island, Back to the Future, Bad News Baseball, Big Bird's Hide & Speak, Donkey Kong Jr., Double Dragon III, Fisher Price: Perfect Fit, Q*Bert, R. C. Pro-Am, Rolling Thunder, Snake's Revenge, The Three Stooges, $9 for all

These all came from a really nice lady who had them all mixed in amongst a bunch of VHS and DVDs. I almost missed them at first; after finding R.C. Pro-Am, I started digging like crazy until I had found them all. I left Track & Field II behind as I have a half dozen copies of it already, and it had marker all over it. She wanted a dollar apiece which is already a fair price, so I just asked if she would offer a break for buying several at once. She counted them up and told me nine bucks. Nice.

Tiger Street Fighter II handheld game, $1

When I was a kid, I had a friend who owned one of these, and despite the fact that it sucks and you can only choose from two characters, the nostalgia factor is super-high with this one. Fun little thing to have sitting on the shelf. At the same sale they had a Tiger football game which I also used to play, but I left that behind, as its graphics weren't as charming .

PS2 Onimusha, .hack//Infection, .hack//Mutation, $5
PS2 Code Breaker, $1

Onimusha and the two .hack games came from the same sale. They were $2 each, and I asked if they'd take $5 for 3, which was accepted. The Code Breaker was from another sale, and it was the only item of interest; there were some games there, but they were all sports.

Boss Super Phaser, $5

Not video game-related, but still a good find. No haggling on this one; five bucks sounded like a great price and the pedal is in really nice shape, so I'm happy to pay it. Hooked it up and funned around with it a little - works great.

Ok here are the rest of my finds:

I paid $0.25 each for these books. I think the guy worked at Borders, so he probably got them for free when they did one of their clearance sales. Star Wars guide is nice since I only got 1 of it when it pennied out.

The 2 Star Wars books were 5 FOR $1.00 with the Textbooks. I guess I got 6 FOR $1.00. 3 of the textbooks sell for over $10 each on Amazon, so I am pretty happy with them.

I know I said I am not a books expert, but I found some more books...

I paid $1.00 total for the two books. I wanted "Maus" since it is a comic related and I figured "The More Than Complete Hitchhikers Guide" was worth picking up since it is leather-bound and because the price tag was an old one (no UPC).

I hit another sale and got 3 games for $2. The Street Fighter Plus is the Japanese release.

Also went to an Estate sale and struck gold:

I paid $3 total for GI Joe #1 and the Death of Superman Collectors edition (no bag, but it is otherwise complete) and Metroid II on game boy. The Spider-man cassette is still sealed and it originally came poly-bagged with a semi rare comic.

This is what I am most excited about...

I finally got a copy of Time Crisis with the Namco Guncon. The box was marked $4, but I paid $2. The PS1 is a 1001 model, but it is missing the power cord. It also came with Twisted Metal 2 black label and a Madden Game.

[quote name='slowdive21']

The 2 Star Wars books were 5 FOR $1.00 with the Textbooks. I guess I got 6 FOR $1.00. 3 of the textbooks sell for over $10 each on Amazon, so I am pretty happy with them.

[/QUOTE]

Nice job on the textbooks. I'd probably list the Labor book at $19.99 right now . . . the prices will probably drop (there is a newer edition) but then buyers will soak up the cheapest copies in August. It's likely to sell.

Oddly enough I sold the first edition of Art Since 1940 for $55 in January . . . you have the second edition but a 3rd is coming out for the Fall semester. I'd either list this right now at $29.99 or set it aside and see what it selling for in mid-August. I'm willing to bet that it will go for $40-50 then. Even though there is a new edition, some profs stick with older ones. I don't have time to look up the other 2--but they are the kind of books I look for.

When the semester starts, its like a tide rolling in and the prices of books that are in demand rise with it.

BTW, I'm in the black on my big video purchase (post #567--I've covered the outlay). I've only listed about 10 out of 60 items (the DVD sets) but I sold 7 units. One buyer bought both the Mr. Moto collections #1 and #2 (both were sealed) for $70. Now I have to list the tapes.

Okay, you know what? This is getting out of hand.

I know economic times are tough right now, but damn kids, every thread I look into these days it's "omg I flipped this, here's how you flip that". Come on, these are not threads on how to flip crap you get free, so move on to a more appropriate subject. Flippers in general cause wars in these forums, and there's no reason to push on already unstable ground.

Ridiculous.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Okay, you know what? This is getting out of hand.

I know economic times are tough right now, but damn kids, every thread I look into these days it's "omg I flipped this, here's how you flip that". Come on, these are not threads on how to flip crap you get free, so move on to a more appropriate subject. Flippers in general cause wars in these forums, and there's no reason to push on already unstable ground.

Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the flippers should start their own forum.

[quote name='schultzed']Nice job on the textbooks. I'd probably list the Labor book at $19.99 right now . . . the prices will probably drop (there is a newer edition) but then buyers will soak up the cheapest copies in August. It's likely to sell.

Oddly enough I sold the first edition of Art Since 1940 for $55 in January . . . you have the second edition but a 3rd is coming out for the Fall semester. I'd either list this right now at $29.99 or set it aside and see what it selling for in mid-August. I'm willing to bet that it will go for $40-50 then. Even though there is a new edition, some profs stick with older ones. I don't have time to look up the other 2--but they are the kind of books I look for.

When the semester starts, its like a tide rolling in and the prices of books that are in demand rise with it.

BTW, I'm in the black on my big video purchase (post #567--I've covered the outlay). I've only listed about 10 out of 60 items (the DVD sets) but I sold 7 units. One buyer bought both the Mr. Moto collections #1 and #2 (both were sealed) for $70. Now I have to list the tapes.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the info. :) Do local college bookstores stay competitive with amazon or do you think I could get more for the texts at a college bookstore? Is that too risky because I would have to wait for a "buyback" after the semester has ended?

This is a story I have about selling textbooks. I was going to PM it to Schultzed, but I though I would post it (in spoilers so no one has a fit):

This was 9-10 years ago when online textbook buying had not taken off yet. My University had 2 bookstores, one run by the University (UB), and a second that was an independent bookstore (IB).

Most people would sell their books right after their last final and go home for the semester. When I finished school I was one of the last people to leave campus (since my lease went through the summer). I went to both bookstores to check the highest value per book. After I sold my books at the UB, I noticed a crate of "free books" that the UB did not buyback. I filled my backpack with the free books (about 6 total), walked about 1/2 a mile to the IB and sold them. I think I made about $160-$180. I even kept a couple I could have sold back because I just wanted to keep them. I remember one was a biology book and the bookstore didn't have more than a couple of them, so I got $90 just for that 1 book! :whee:

I think I may go back to campus after next semester ends and see if they still have the "free book crate". :bouncy:

[quote name='ninja dog']This thread has been peaceful, so please don't disrupt it with your saltiness.

[/QUOTE]

Considering it was his first post to this thread . . .

If he read the last few weeks, he'd see that the discussion is about how flip other stuff from rummage sales . . . presumably to buy more videogames :)

We are talking about buying textbooks and calculators to sell. I've seen very little discussion about flipping games.

Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I hope your joking because if you're not....

You need to stop being a hypocritical bitch. I've read countless posts of yours bragging about how you flipped games for , of all things goozex points. So cut the bullshit.

Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Drama hater...huh?

[quote name='TiKi2']I hope your joking because if you're not....

You need to stop being a hypocritical bitch. I've read countless posts of yours bragging about how you flipped games for , of all things goozex points. So cut the bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Goozex, he .. heh .. haha .. LOL .. ROFL .. LMFAO

[quote name='EnronLackey']Goozex, he .. heh .. haha .. LOL .. ROFL .. LMFAO[/QUOTE] My point was that a flipper is a flipper is a flipper . Steal a pencil steal a car, you are still a thief.

[quote name='TiKi2']My point was that a flipper is a flipper is a flipper . Steal a pencil steal a car, you are still a thief.[/QUOTE]

CAG is filled with hypocrisy. For example, its okay to hoard a shitty game like Rock Revolution, but if it is something others want - you're evil. It's also okay to flip games for store credit but mention eBay and you're the spawn of Satan.

[quote name='schultzed']BTW, I'm in the black on my big video purchase (post #567--I've covered the outlay). I've only listed about 10 out of 60 items (the DVD sets) but I sold 7 units. One buyer bought both the Mr. Moto collections #1 and #2 (both were sealed) for $70. Now I have to list the tapes.[/QUOTE]

Wasen't that mostly VHS tapes that you got in that lot? Did you know the stuff was worth decent money, take (for a lack of a better term) an educated guess that it would be some good stuff or do you have a way of looking up this stuff while your on the go?

I personally don't buy much else then video games at yardsales (I sometimes grab non video game stuff for myself but rarely to sell) and I'm sure many others here do more non video game buying at yardsales then me. The only things I've bought at yardsales to maybe sell were 2 calculators last year and some older PC programming software this year.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Wasen't that mostly VHS tapes that you got in that lot? Did you know the stuff was worth decent money, take (for a lack of a better term) an educated guess that it would be some good stuff or do you have a way of looking up this stuff while your on the go?

I personally don't buy much else then video games at yardsales (I sometimes grab non video game stuff for myself but rarely to sell) and I'm sure many others here do more non video game buying at yardsales then me. The only things I've bought at yardsales to maybe sell were 2 calculators last year and some older PC programming software this year.[/QUOTE]

I do have a method for looking things up. In the case of the videos, I think I would have been better off just throwing out a bid on the whole lot . . . I bet if I had said $150 for all the videos and DVDs, they would have taken it. I bought a group that I thought would have value . . . so far only one real dud. I probably missed some winners.

Hey Slowdive, is that GI Joe #1 a first print? Open the cover and check the first page around the Marvel publishing information...I'm guessing it's a second printing...

[quote name='karkyco']Hey Slowdive, is that GI Joe #1 a first print? Open the cover and check the first page around the Marvel publishing information...I'm guessing it's a second printing...[/QUOTE]

Nope vol. 1 number 1 (direct sales edition w/spidey's head). It is on baxter paper as well. :razz:

OK here is my comic geekiness coming out. I believe the only (key) issue of Real American Hero that was not reprinted (in standard size) is issue #1. Issue 2 is the most common of the 2nd prints as well as issue 21 (first Storm Shadow/Silent Issue).

They did have an issue 2 that was a second print that I left.

BTW I took today off of Garage Sales to dump some stuff at my neighbor's sale, but I plan to hit one early tomorrow that advertised "video games". Hopefully they are actual video games and not "leap frog" or something.

paid $350 for everything, not everything is pictured because it is taking up my entire living room.

not bad because basically selling some of the ps1 games like brigandine, a mint arc the lad collection, all the resident evils, in the hunt long box, final doom and more i can't think of will make up my money, then there are about 100 more ps1 games that i'm probably going to get a booth at the swap meet and sell. then there are multiple copies of kotor 1 and 2, and most of those copies of halo and halo 2 are sealed with the microsoft strip on them. the things already wrapped in cardboard paper are wii zappers, there are 19 brand new wii zappers most of them they had already wrapped up. and i did open a couple to make sure something is in there. :D there are also about 10 brand new official ps2 memory cards, 10-20 new psp batteries, 20 ps1 systems all with cords, a few gba games like final fantasy legends I-III, and probably even more i can't remember right now or haven't noticed. she also included a bunch of shipping supplies including about 100 bubble mailers.

there is a stack of bootleg games and while a couple i can understand like thrill kill, they burned the weirdest games. is nba live 02 and madden 99 even worth a cdr?

this was from a reseller and ps1 collector that got another job and wanted to get rid of all their stuff. it all barely fit in my friend's geo metro and we had to bungee cord some of the ps1s to the roof. :D

P6100161.jpg

P6100160.jpg

P6100162.jpg

P6100163.jpg

P6100164.jpg

Damn; let me know if you'd be willing to part with any of the following (and how much you'd want):

Parappa the Rapper
Medal of Honor
Star Wars KOTOR

[quote name='darkslime']paid $350 for everything, not everything is pictured because it is taking up my entire living room.

not bad because basically selling some of the ps1 games like brigandine, a mint arc the lad collection, all the resident evils, in the hunt long box, final doom and more i can't think of will make up my money, then there are about 100 more ps1 games that i'm probably going to get a booth at the swap meet and sell. then there are multiple copies of kotor 1 and 2, and most of those copies of halo and halo 2 are sealed with the microsoft strip on them. the things already wrapped in cardboard paper are wii zappers, there are 19 brand new wii zappers most of them they had already wrapped up. and i did open a couple to make sure something is in there. :D there are also about 10 brand new official ps2 memory cards, 10-20 new psp batteries, 20 ps1 systems all with cords, a few gba games like final fantasy legends I-III, and probably even more i can't remember right now or haven't noticed. she also included a bunch of shipping supplies including about 100 bubble mailers.

there is a stack of bootleg games and while a couple i can understand like thrill kill, they burned the weirdest games. is nba live 02 and madden 99 even worth a cdr?

this was from a reseller and ps1 collector that got another job and wanted to get rid of all their stuff. it all barely fit in my friend's geo metro and we had to bungee cord some of the ps1s to the roof. :D [/QUOTE]

I feel like I've seen this somewhere before.

@darkslime - damn thats a big haul.
You think you'll ever get around testing all those playstations? Nice find, good luck selling them.

darkslime if you are selling Brigandine I might be interested. We can always cut out ebay of the transaction. I know what the game goes for so I won't lowball you. Just PM me if you are interested in selling it to a CAG rather than getting raped on ebay. :D

Here's everything worth over $5 in the lot.

Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid
Contra Legacy of War
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Resident Evil Survivor
Fear Effect
Fear Effect 2
Bushido Blade
Bushido Blade 2
Carnage Heart
Threads of Fate
Granstream Saga
Arc The Lad Collection (MINT with everything)
Brigandine
Final Doom
In The Hunt longbox
Doom longbox
Wrestlemania The Arcade Game (sells for $5 surprisingly)
LEGO Rock Raiders
Toy Story 2
Duke Nukem Time To Kill
Vigilante 8 x2
Vigilante 8 Second Offense
Tomb Raider 1,2,3,4,Last Revelation, Chronicles
NBA Jam TE Longbox

Some odd titles because after I realized the last NBA Jam TE on eBay sold for $55, I looked up every single game.
js_bigsmile.gif
There are around 75-100 in another pile to go to the swap meet or whatever I end up doing with them.

Not amazing, but I'm not complaining considering it also came with 20 sealed wii zappers ($15+ on Amazon), 13 PSP batteries ($7 on Amazon), 20 new official PS2 memory cards ($8 on Amazon), 18 PS1 consoles, all with cords ($16 on Amazon), multiple copies of KOTOR and sealed copies of Halo (don't have an exact list because I haven't started listing and inventorying the Xbox and PS2 games yet, a big box of memory cards for various systems, around 100 unused bubble mailers, plus other random things like rolls of tape, a DVD drive, a new PSP screen protector, like 8 multitaps.

There are about 15 bootlegs, Parappa the Rapper unfortunately being one. The others are crap or sports games that aren't even worth the price of a CDR. And Parappa was the only game I was planning on keeping. :(

The only problem is I don't know where the hell to store the zappers and the PS1s.

Also I'll send you guys PMs in the next few minutes.

EDIT: And if anyone is looking for common PS1 games, ask me and its almost guaranteed that I have it now.

[quote name='darkslime']Not amazing, but I'm not complaining [/QUOTE]

Here's a good example of how sometimes you spend money to make money. My best book sale ever (over $600--shipped to Australia) cost me nearly $100. You will get some great returns off of your investment but you will also be earning this profit. If it were me, I'd probably just dump the PS1s . . . way too much work--and possibility of problems.

Of course, sometimes you don't spend money and make some anyway . . . like slowdive's textbook example.

Still, very nicely played.

Stopped at a Thursday sale at the annual Catholic Church sale (two sales, ew that sentence sucks) and I got a decent Genny haul. Nothing too special in the lot (ie: complete Sonic 1) but there were 22 games in all. 29 if you count the empty boxes.

For some reason there were boxes but no games, and some of the boxes even had instructions without the game. Fine for me, I pick up enough loose carts that I'll fill em eventually.

So I tallied it up...

Complete: 9, Box and cart w/out Instructions: 10, Cart only: 3, Boxes (w/ or w/out instructions) with no cart: 7. Total? $15. They wanted thirty-five.

Darkslime, you did great. I agree that those PS1s, you'd probably do well dumping them for $10-$20 probably at the swapmeet, maybe bundle them up with some of the low value games for $25 a bundle. Just my 2 cents. I'd love that Arc the Lad collection, that's for sure.

And schultzed you're absolutely right about having to spend money to make money. A LOT of times on craigslist, I can get a huge bundle for a relative pittance, under $.50 a game often, because either no one else around has the cash for big bundles or high value bundles, or my lowball offers for everything are just better than everyone else's...and I'm willing to take risks others are not.

I had one bundle off craigslist in South Central last year that was 300+ assorted mostly cart only NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis games the guy was asking $200 for. Guy had listed every game so I knew I had to act immediately once I saw the list. I got the guy to agree to sell me the entire lot for $150 despite the fact someone else offered to cherry pick 10 or 12 of the most valuable games for $100 (Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Mario RPG, Megaman X2 X3 and Soccer, MUSHA and a couple of others)...plus I dropped everything to go pick it up immediately.

The guy had it in like 6 or 7 shoe/boot boxes, LOL. I cleared $80 on the Earthbound cart alone (sold for like $105 or so on amazon) so that paid for over half my investment. Secret of Mana cleared me another $30, and with the remaining dupes I did quite well. Man I love those big scores.

[quote name='TiKi2']karkyco you know anything about battletech ccg?[/QUOTE]

Collectible card game? Nah, card games aren't really my thing.

[quote name='karkyco']Collectible card game? Nah, card games aren't really my thing.[/QUOTE] Ok thanx, just checking cause you seem to know about almost everything collectible.

This is really my first year I've went out to yard sales, so I decided I'd start posting what I've found this week.

I got all these games for $6 all the boxed copies are in great condition and complete, except for Life Force which is missing a manual. I also got a box full of NES, Atari, & SNES manuals for $5 (no pics).

I paid $0.25 for the marvel comics puzzle, $0.70 for the Star Wars figures, the 2 Mario PVC figures and the paratrooper. $4.25 for the Drew Carey Show Season 1, My Adventure Book from Up Blu Ray, 2 Rubik's cubes and a slinky (no pics). And I paid $8 for the Mario plushes, Bowser, Banjo, Sonic, Tails, & Mario Kart figures. I tried to get the lady to come down in price, but she wouldn't budge.

[quote name='staindklown']...and a slinky (no pics).[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm curious. Metal or plastic?

I only ever see the plastic ones, and they're usually broken.

I passed on a $10 sword today. It was still in the package and I know it was a repro, but I'm sure I could have resold it for triple that. I also passed on 2 new dartboards (one marlboro and one camel) for $10 each. I think I will offer him $10 for both tomorrow if the sale is open. I did manage to get a few deals in the 5 sales I hit before the rain came. Pics to come...

Congrats darkslime! A lot of good finds in there!

Nice NES lot staindklown. Those star wars look like originals!

Had a pretty good yard sale run last Friday. I snagged a working Colecovision with both controllers and the cables plus some complete boxed games. The games were Cabbage Patch kids, Slurpy, a couple Smurfs games, Donkey Kong, Dr Seus, and Burger Time. The price? $5.

karkyco - Yeah, I think I'm going to take the PS1s off amazon and just dump em at the swap meet, or try to at least. I just don't want to waste my whole saturday and night sitting in 100+ degree heat. Even though no one is there all day you have to be because all the spots get taken around 8 AM. :X

Schultzed - Definitely. I'm going to make bank on this lot, but it is a high investment. I've never spent $350 on video games at once, to sell or keep before. I've already made $92 back on eBay last night, not including shipping costs which I make a couple bucks off of.

[quote name='schuerm26']Man, I loved Life Force when I was a kid. Nice finds.[/QUOTE]

I loved it too, I remember renting it all the time from the video store.

[quote name='elessar123']Ok, I'm curious. Metal or plastic?

I only ever see the plastic ones, and they're usually broken.[/QUOTE]

It was metal, that's all my dad says he sees too is the plastic ones.

[quote name='slowdive21'] Nice NES lot staindklown. Those star wars look like originals![/QUOTE]

Yeah they are all original 1980-1982 Kenner. I couldn't believe when I was going through a $0.10 box and I found them. They look nice next to my other figures.

I've had a poor year so far. All I have found in the past two weeks are.

Wii Sports - $.25 (really scratched though)
Spore (PC) - $.25
Sega Genesis - $1.00

[quote name='staindklown']
Yeah they are all original 1980-1982 Kenner. I couldn't believe when I was going through a $0.10 box and I found them. They look nice next to my other figures.[/QUOTE]

For X-mas 1977 my mom got me the "empty box" certificate and my first four figures came in the mail later . . . too bad I don't have it today.

I guess they did a replica . . .

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/en_U...fm?newsid=1882C8E1-D56F-E112-44AB9087E511F3E9

bread's done
Back