Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='slowdive21']I would have bought them, but I buy everything ;). Even if they are repro, you should be able to easily recoup the cost if they are popular titles. Most (old) originals are glass with the image painted on them. If they were plexiglass and were in perfect condition -and an old game like Joust- then they are probably repros.[/QUOTE]

If I had more time to look I probably would have bought at least one, they were definitely plexiglass, not real glass (though there might have been some real glass ones in there). They did have the image painted on. These go for at least $20-30 each at gameroom shows so repro or not, the asking price was very fair. This area is practically dead for any type of arcade game collecting, so I wonder what the heck a bunch of random old people were doing with a pile of marquee's.

They had centipede, tron and a few others. I was thinking about getting the tron because the movie is coming out in December and it would rise in value then for sure.

[quote name='SaraAB']If I had more time to look I probably would have bought at least one, they were definitely plexiglass, not real glass (though there might have been some real glass ones in there). They did have the image painted on. These go for at least $20-30 each at gameroom shows so repro or not, the asking price was very fair. This area is practically dead for any type of arcade game collecting, so I wonder what the heck a bunch of random old people were doing with a pile of marquee's.

They had centipede, tron and a few others. I was thinking about getting the tron because the movie is coming out in December and it would rise in value then for sure.[/QUOTE]

Haha I hear you there. I trek southern Western NY and there is nothing down here.

Hey everyone. I mainly get my finds at thrift stores but this weekend there were a few street sales going on so I thought I would check those out. Lucky for me there was some stuff, so all that walking was not in vain. haha.

RE 2 & 3 walk throughs, Illusions of Gaia map, Final Fantasy map, Eye of the Beholder manual, and Secret of Evermore poster (each was .25 cents)
SANY1307.jpg

Then at a small yard sale, I was attracted to it because they had a ton of beer steins. Bought two for $1.50(not in picture but they are cool and are pirate ship themed). After I bought those I turn around and saw a box of ps1 games and system for $40. Nothing special except Mega Man Legends and Jumping Flash (got them for $2 and $1 respectively). I also got Mega Man X for $12 (thought this was a good price but is about what it goes for else where. ) and Spelunker for $3 at another sale.
SANY1308.jpg

[quote name='slowdive21'] (a little) silver, (a little) gold, etc.[/QUOTE] Hold onto that, thats the only real money.

[quote name='TiKi2']Hold onto that, thats the only real money.[/QUOTE]

I believe that it's good idea to sell off a 25 dollar game now and then to put that money into a silver eagle...now if there were a way to consistently turn gamestop credit into bullion, some CAGs could become quite dangerous.

Most people know that precious metals have a certain value, but I don't think your average person can keep up with all the rarity charts and price fluctuations in the world of gaming...

...hardly anyone can find an ounce of silver for $1 anymore, but people still buy valuable games for peanuts all the time.

Bullion is a necessity if you want to survive whats coming. I've seen some junk silver at yard sales but most of the people wanted 13x-15x face. That was while spot was sub $18.

This garage sale season has sucked for me. I've been to hundreds of sales and haven't found anything in the way of video games, except for one sale where the guy had about 200 games and 8 vintage systems, but had checked Ebay to determine his pricing. It's so weird. Maybe someone is getting to them earlier than me this year? I can usually at least find the odd Nintendo 64 or NES bundle, and there's always a PSX or Genesis lying around...but nada this year so far. Maybe it's the billboards and radio ads for the local video game chain saying that they'll pay cash for old games.

[quote name='TiKi2']Bullion is a necessity if you want to survive whats coming. I've seen some junk silver at yard sales but most of the people wanted 13x-15x face. That was while spot was sub $18.[/QUOTE]

Buy low, sell high. I bought at $8 an ounce, sold at $20 an ounce. I will buy again when the dollar value goes up. I feel bad for people buying gold and silver at the current rates. Gold will be back to $300 an ounce eventually...silver back to $5-6 an ounce. It's been doing that for 100 years, no reason it's going to stop now.

[quote name='Rictor']Buy low, sell high. I bought at $8 an ounce, sold at $20 an ounce. I will buy again when the dollar value goes up. I feel bad for people buying gold and silver at the current rates. Gold will be back to $300 an ounce eventually...silver back to $5-6 an ounce. It's been doing that for 100 years, no reason it's going to stop now.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's going to fall anytime soon with interest rates being so low...there's really no reason for people to sell their precious metals and put their money into banks when the return from CDs and savings accounts is so poor.

Not much to report as far as gaming goes...

Picked up a Kingdom Hearts Guide at a $3 a bag church rummage sale.

Also got 2 N64 controllers and a Gameboy SP charger for $1 total.

Paid $1 each for a couple of gameboy games Yoshi's Cookie and Donkey Kong Country.

I bought a couple of high grade long boxes of comics from a dealer ($150). He gets comics graded, so I was able to get some really nice VF/NM bronze and copper-age comics. He owns some of the (Mile High) Pedigree collection.

Last but not least I got ATHF seasons 1-4 for $3 each.

EDIT: I also got some 80s GI joes and Star Wars guys for .25 each.

So I'm going through the Pokemon cards I picked up at the flea market for $2, the one I bought because I saw Charizard holo on first page. First edition of Ninetales is also in here, and the last auction ended at $26!? This one's worth more than Charizard? WTF? =P

[quote name='Goodwill Hunter']
That’s nice for a change, I thought as I bent down to go through the bin, the good game on top of all the sports titles. It was complete and in great shape, so I put it aside to start a keep pile next to the bin. Only thing was, the next title in the stack wasn’t a sports game either…[/QUOTE]

Damn . . . great find.

Of course, this will just lead to you "chasing the dragon" for years to come. This is what happens with me.

Ebay keeps digging their hole deeper.

Starting August 2010

A chargeback will cost $20. (It was $10.) If you’re in our PayPal Preferred program, you won’t pay chargeback fees for your eBay transactions.

For refunds, we’ll continue to refund the percentage (e.g. 2.9%) on each transaction but we’ll retain the fixed transaction fee. (Typically $0.30.)

Didn't I see some thing about Ebay a semi-while back where now, instead of it costing you $2 to list something, they just take 10% of whatever you sell it for?

(I've never sold anything on Ebay, so don't shoot me.)

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Didn't I see some thing about Ebay a semi-while back where now, instead of it costing you $2 to list something, they just take 10% of whatever you sell it for?

(I've never sold anything on Ebay, so don't shoot me.)[/QUOTE]

I wish they only took 10%... "eBay" takes 9% for auctions, 15% for buy it now. And paypal (ebay owned) takes another few percent.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html#fvf_auction

Hello, I'm new here, just registered. I would like to sell or trade in my The Sims PC games, expansion packs and their guides for some money.

Here's a list of what I have to offer -

The Sims JC,
The Sims Hot Date (box, installation guide, discs, no manual),
The Sims House Party (complete?)
The Sims Superstar (complete)
The Sims 5 pack Strategy Guides - box set of:
THe Sims, The Sims House Party, The Sims Vacation, The Sims Hot Date, The Sims Living Large.

If you're interested in buying (I'm selling only, please) any/all of these, please PM me and I'll give you a price quote.
All of this The Sims stuff is almost new, hardly played.

Thanks for looking.

[quote name='kube00']wrong section...can't people read?
This isnt the trading/buy/sell section[/QUOTE] I thought we all subliminally agreed to ignore that post.

[quote name='Chronis']So Yahoo has an article about what sort of video game stuff you should and shouldn't buy used. It should be second nature to everyone here, but i figured it might be worth a post just for anybody who wants to get into the yardsaling biz and needs a jumping off point. http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/...ying-used-games-and-how-to-avoid-them/1403196[/QUOTE]

That's good advice there. It's part of my general practices to never to buy a used console unless it's part of a game bundle (and the games cushion the risk of the cash handed out). So far I've been through 2 dead NES systems, a gamecube and a ps2 both with lens issues. At most I lost was $5, and that was absorbed because the dead NES came with a working SNES for $10 :cool:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']That's good advice there. It's part of my general practices to never to buy a used console unless it's part of a game bundle (and the games cushion the risk of the cash handed out). So far I've been through 2 dead NES systems, a gamecube and a ps2 both with lens issues. At most I lost was $5, and that was absorbed because the dead NES came with a working SNES for $10 :cool:[/QUOTE]

I actually have not gotten a broken console yet. Even the $5 N64 I picked up worked. I haven't tested the PS2 slim with Joytech that I got 2 nights ago, but I could care less if it doesn't work. It's our 4th PS2 in the house, so I was going to get rid of it anyways. If the Joytech doesn't work, oh well. I know it's worth a good chunk of money, but I wanted the lot for the games. I mean, when I emailed the guy, I didn't even realize it included any hardware. Then my GF said it came with an LCD screen, so I was like, cool. Then I realized a PS2 slim was included.

A lot of people are willing to let you test stuff before you buy. I went home to get my MMSPro and an UMD before I bought a PSP, for example.

[quote name='Chronis']So Yahoo has an article about what sort of video game stuff you should and shouldn't buy used. It should be second nature to everyone here, but i figured it might be worth a post just for anybody who wants to get into the yardsaling biz and needs a jumping off point. http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/...ying-used-games-and-how-to-avoid-them/1403196[/QUOTE]

Did you know that the original owner of a World of Warcraft account can often regain control of its contents with a simple phone call to Blizzard? Yeah. Bear that in mind before you lay out big bucks for a previously played account or character. Tempting though it may be, making sure your transaction is irreversible can be a real mess. As if that wasn't reason enough, selling accounts is against the terms of service of most online games, so you might wind up with nothing but a ban to show for your purchase.

The idiots who try to sell WOW accounts on craigslist for $12,000 should read this.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']The idiots who try to sell WOW accounts on craigslist for $12,000 should read this.[/QUOTE] I think you meant to say the "Idiots who BUY WOW should read this"

Epic day yesterday, crappy day today. Someone beat me to a NES ($??) and a PS1 with games ($10). I think I am going to call it a weekend, since I am happy with yesterday's haul. Pics to come...

[quote name='TiKi2']Garage sale on thursday?[/QUOTE]

Here is a brief history of Garage Sales...

As far back as recorded history details, garage sales have always started on Thursdays. It was not until the women's liberation movement -when women stopped staying at home and found their way out of the kitchen- that Garage Sales' start date shifted from Thursday to Friday.

Now that more women are "working" outside of the homestead, Friday has become the norm. For those of us who remember a time when men were Men and women knew their place, we embrace the Thursday start date. Since we live in a puritan society it is still taboo to have a sale continue through Sunday as it is God's day. Some upstarts try to have Sunday sales, but I do not frequent them as they are most likely Communists and Foreigners.

;)

I finally had a really awesome day of yard saling. On my third or fourth stop of the I found:

ps1.jpg

PS1 Ape Escape
PS1 Chrono Cross
PS1 Grandia
PS1 Mega Man X5
PS1 Crash Team Racing
PS1 Spyro Year of the Dragon

Total: $12

No story here, they were marked $2 each and I picked out the ones I wanted.

snes.jpg

SNES Mini with 1 controller
SNES Shanghai II Dragon's Eye

Total: $2

Again, no story, $2 was IAP so I grabbed it and was on my way

simpsons.jpg

Simpsons Seasons 1-9 (except 7)
Simpsons Movie

Total: $20

This sale had a crapton of DVDs. Lots of good stuff, but I was really only interested in the Simpsons ones.
They were marked $3 each. She asked me if I wanted them as I was browsing and I just said I was thinking about it, so she said $20 for all of them. She couldn't find season 7 but she took my number and said she'd call me if she found it. I'm pretty happy with this deal.

nes2.jpg

NES Gauntlet II (Complete except the styrofoam)
NES Dragon Warrior (Complete except the styrofoam)
NES Rollerball (Complete)
NES Pinball Quest (Complete except for the manual)
NES Pinball (Complete)
NES High Speed (Complete)
NES WWF Wrestlemania (cart only)
N64 Rumble Pack

Total: $16

Saw an NES game and it was SMB/Duck Hunt, then I noticed it was sitting a stack of boxed games. Grabbed them all plus the rumble pack since I needed one. Everything was marked $2 each, no complaints from me.

nes1.jpg

NES Spy vs Spy
NES Marble Madness
NES Cobra Triangle
NES SMB/Duck Hunt/Track Meet
N64 F-Zero X
GB Pokemon Blue (not pictured, roommate was playing it)
PS2 Multitap

Total: $13

This sale had 6 Guitar Hero controllers sitting at the front of the sale so I was pretty excited to see what else was there. They had a PS3 marked $180, and I passed a on NES Faxanadu since I already had it. NES games were 75 cents each, the N64 and GB game were $1 each (and this F-Zero is *filthy*). The Multitap was $5, which is more than I really wanted to pay, but I really wanted one.

xmen2.jpg

GEN X-Men 2 Clone Wars

This was with a Genesis bundle with 10 games marked $30 and I asked them if they'd seperate. The other person there said people had been asking that all day, so she finally decided to do it (good timing on my part I guess). I offered $2 which I felt to be reasonable giving her bundle prices.

And now for the granddaddy of all my finds in the last couple years:

3do.jpg

Panasonic 3DO FZ-1
Two Controllers
some gun controller (and a random NES zapper)

Games with boxes:
Demolition Man
Twisted The Game Show
Shock Wave
Shock Wave : Operation Jumpgate
Who Shot Johnny Rock
Mad Dog II
Crime Patrol
Star Wars Rebel Assault

Games without boxes:
John Madden Football
Off-World Interceptor
Wing Commander III (4 discs)
Supreme Warrior (2 Discs)
Road Rash
Starblade
Need for Speed
FIFA Soccer
3DO Sampler Disc

Boxes without games:
VR Stalker
Jurassic Park Interactive
Foes of Ali
Way of the Warrior

and a jewel case for Crash and Burn

Total: $5

This was just sitting in a box out in the open with a $5 tag on it. They also had a Gamecube marked $45 and a GBA marked $25, so this a total steal. I really didn't even know what all was in the box when I grabbed it, I just grabbed it and paid. Got home to test it, and it boots up like a champ. I didn't think I'd ever find something like this in my small town.

[quote name='TiKi2']I thought we all subliminally agreed to ignore that post.[/QUOTE]

Some people just feel that pointing out other's weakness makes them look stronger, let him have his moment...

[quote name='slowdive21']Here is a brief history of Garage Sales...

As far back as recorded history details, garage sales have always started on Thursdays. It was not until the women's liberation movement -when women stopped staying at home and found their way out of the kitchen- that Garage Sales' start date shifted from Thursday to Friday.

Now that more women are "working" outside of the homestead, Friday has become the norm. For those of us who remember a time when men were Men and women knew their place, we embrace the Thursday start date. Since we live in a puritan society it is still taboo to have a sale continue through Sunday as it is God's day. Some upstarts try to have Sunday sales, but I do not frequent them as they are most likely Communists and Foreigners.

;)[/QUOTE]

LOL DAMN the revolution!!!!!! .....now where is my woman with my sandwich?

[quote name='Macheezmo']
SNES Mini with 1 controller
SNES Shanghai II Dragon's Eye

Again, no story, $2 was IAP so I grabbed it and was on my way

Simpsons Seasons 1-9 (except 7)
Simpsons Movie

Total: $20

And now for the granddaddy of all my finds in the last couple years:

3do.jpg

Total: $5
[/QUOTE]

Nice finds! :applause:

GBC With Some Sort of Light/Magnify (sp?) Thing & Donkey Kong Country In The System - $1

Unadvertised sale on the main street about a block from where I live. Turned on and worked great, IAP was a buck.

2x Xbox, Playstation 2 With Network Adaptor, N64 With 4 Meg Ram Expansion & 9 Games - $5

The games are all pictured in the bottom right, top 3 complete, Gran Turismo 4 is missing the game, Manhunt no manual, inside Mortal Kombat DA was Chrono Cross Disc 1 and the disc only games are Crazy Taxi 3 (Xbox) & Digimon World (PS1). This stuff wasen't treated well as it was in a damp basement near a river to make it worse. Was $5 a system or .50 a game and the guy took $5 for what I picked out.

Sega Genesis Model 1 With Hookups & 2 Controllers - $1 (IAP)
Sonic CD & Sonic Collection (Both PC & Disc Only) - .50
3Xtreme (PS1, No Manual) - .25 (IAP)
Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc - $3 (IAP)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (GBA) - .50 (IAP)

Silent Hill Origins (PS2, Complete)
Resident Evil 2 (PS1, Disc 1, Demo & Manual)
Resident Evil 3 (PS1, Missing Manual Cover Only)
Team Buddies (PS1 Complete)

$3

Sonic games I think these were .50 each but took .50 for both. The Playstation games I saw at an unadvertised sale as I was going down a main street late in the day that was one of my last sales. No prices so I offered $3 and it was taken.

Non Find BS -
Pretty much the same as usual, got out the door about 5-10 minutes after 8 and was out for about 4 to 4 1/2 hours total and got to about 33 sales today.

Only thing I was told about that I missed was the house that had 3Xtreme I missed a Playstation and I'm guessing some games. Most expensive today being an Xbox marked $60 at the last sale of the day, after I asked about video games I overheard that I wasen't the first to ask about old games then heard them mentioning how nobody was interested in the Xbox or any of the games (about 20-25 of them) marked $5 each.

The house I got the 4 ratty systems & games at dirt cheap the guy was still pretty much in mid process of bringing out stuff. I asked about video games to which the guy had me follow him out back and down some steps from the outside into a celler. In the one side room he had boxes of junk piled up on top of each other, showed me the systems and mentioned games in a box somewhere and started digging, first box I opened right by me had the games. BSing with him it really wasen't his junk but he gets paid to take stuff from people (I guess he put an ad up somewhere) and hauls it away to his basement to salvage anything of any value. This was near a river so yeah it was a rather damp environment all of this stuff was in. He wanted $5 per a system but made a friendly remark to let me know that counter offering wasen't a problem. I brought the games out and started sorting them into empty cases, wrong game in case, complete/boxed and what I was interested in. Wanted .50 each and actually said he'd do .25 each when he saw I was doing the work of sorting out the games lol

[quote name='Macheezmo']I finally had a really awesome day of yard saling. [/QUOTE]

Very nice finds. I spotted a great looking 3DO at Goodwill a few years ago but right at that time I was in a "I don't need more stuff cluttering the basement." Of course, now I regret it.

Last week I got a PS2, 2 controllers (one was broken), a memory card, HD Loader, and 120GB HDD with 10 games already installed on it for 30 bucks. Same guy also gave me Terminator 2 collector's edition for a dollar.

I'm in CA (on vacation). The only downside to summer vacation is that is miss out on sales.

We're in LA (I get up way before everyone else and surf). Last year we did the Grand Canyon and the day before we left I had one of my best finds but I never posted it.

So, here is my favorite gaming find of 2009:

Odyssey.jpg

This was a classic find because I was following signs and hit a few sales but was going to turn back and then went one block.

I went into a garage and picked up a few classic PC titles for cheap. I paid and then as I walked out down the driveway . . . past the exercise equipment, I saw this baby with all the games . As my heart skipped a beat, I thought I saw $100 on it but then my eyes focused and I realized it was $10.

odysseygames.jpg

As I talked with the owner, she said it was her childhood system but that it hadn't been used in years. I asked if it worked and she said she didn't know. So, on impulse, I offered $5 (I kinda feel bad about that now--I should've given her $20).

Odysseyinside.jpg

I still haven't tested it but just owning it is cool enough.

I hope I have some time to go out next weekend--we get in on Thurs but there will be a lot of stuff to do.

Meh. Not half bad today. Sad an ad on craigslist advertising an Atari 2600 so I went to check it out. The sale started at 7:00 but I got there at around 6:30. Everything was in a box and a notice some games and other stuff. I was worried he wouldn't sell it to me because I was early but he was more than happy to get rid of it. Anyway, when I got home I was pleasantly surprised!

photobhn.jpg

Atari 2600 6 Switch with Wico Command Control stick (Anyone know what these are worth?) along with 2 joysticks, 4 paddles and all the connectors

photo3ti.jpg

52 Atari 2600 games and one 7800 game. Here's a complete list of the games:

ET
Combat x2
Encounter At L-5
Football
Kung-Fu Master
Coleco Donkey Kong
Pac-Man
Space War
Phoenix
Space Invaders x2
Vanguard
Super Breakout
Berzerk x2
Superman x2
Asteroids
Fishing Derby
Missile Command
Laser Blast
Demons to Diamonds
Frogger
Spider-man
Mario Bros
Star Raiders
Desert Falcon
Pac-Man
Centipede
Sky Diver
Gold
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Video Olympics
Xevious (7800)
Video Pinball
Air-Sea Battle
Boxing
Atlantis
Cosmic Ark x2
Empire Strikes back
Haunted House
Bowling
Human Cannonball
Realsports Tennis
Yars' Revenge
GORF
Swordquest FireWorld
Homerun
Millipede
Space Cavern
....and a mystery cart :3

Also, too my surprise in the box I found these goodies...

photo2flt.jpg

They are really beat up. The only ones I think are in somewhat decent condition are Breakout, Towering Inferno, Demons to Diamonds, Space Cavern, and Encounter At L-5. All of those boxes come with the manuals/inserts aswell. Bunches of extra assorted manuals too, probably around 10.

All for a grand total of.... $30!

I don't really know anything about Atari games... if anyone could let me know if I have anything worth mentioning, please do! I was really stoked to get this especially with some boxed. I think I can fix a couple of them given some time, but a few are totally destroyed due to water damage.

Pretty happy about this deal, it expanded my game collection about 3 fold and added a 6 switch to my 4 switch :)

That was my only find of the day. Went to about 12-15 sales. The only other things I saw was a DS game for $4, and some PS1 manuals. Just the manuals, probably should've gotten them though. Hope everyone else did well today.

[quote name='FOnewearl']

GBC With Some Sort of Light/Magnify (sp?) Thing & Donkey Kong Country In The System - $1

Unadvertised sale on the main street about a block from where I live. Turned on and worked great, IAP was a buck.

2x Xbox, Playstation 2 With Network Adaptor, N64 With 4 Meg Ram Expansion & 9 Games - $5

The games are all pictured in the bottom right, top 3 complete, Gran Turismo 4 is missing the game, Manhunt no manual, inside Mortal Kombat DA was Chrono Cross Disc 1 and the disc only games are Crazy Taxi 3 (Xbox) & Digimon World (PS1). This stuff wasen't treated well as it was in a damp basement near a river to make it worse. Was $5 a system or .50 a game and the guy took $5 for what I picked out.

Sega Genesis Model 1 With Hookups & 2 Controllers - $1 (IAP)
Sonic CD & Sonic Collection (Both PC & Disc Only) - .50
3Xtreme (PS1, No Manual) - .25 (IAP)
Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc - $3 (IAP)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (GBA) - .50 (IAP)

Silent Hill Origins (PS2, Complete)
Resident Evil 2 (PS1, Disc 1, Demo & Manual)
Resident Evil 3 (PS1, Missing Manual Cover Only)
Team Buddies (PS1 Complete)

$3

Sonic games I think these were .50 each but took .50 for both. The Playstation games I saw at an unadvertised sale as I was going down a main street late in the day that was one of my last sales. No prices so I offered $3 and it was taken.
[/QUOTE]Nice find on Team Buddies, I've been looking for that. I had a great day too:

Brain Boost Gamma Wave DS (case and manual only)
Mario Kart DS (game only)
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World GBA
$2 total
Brain Boost was the only game they had. I opened the case, ready to offer 50 cents for a worthless game, and I saw Mario Kart and SMW in there! The IAP was $2.

Ghostbusters 1 and 2 DVD Collection
Evil Dead 2 VHS
Office Space VHS
$2 total
She wanted $1 each, but I offered $2 for all of it.

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology PS2 (complete)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 PS2! (complete)
Xenosaga PS2 (complete)
Xenosaga 2 PS2 (complete)
Xenosaga 3 PS2! (no manual of course)
Xenosaga Limited Edition Movie DVD
Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children DVD Collector's Set
Animaniacs Volume 2 DVD
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence PS2 (complete)
God of War 2 PS2 (complete)
Ar Tonelico 2 PS2 (complete)
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Double Pack PS2 (complete)
$30 total
This was the last sale I went to; they advertised PS2 games and DVD movies, so I figured they would be overpriced. They wanted $5 each for games and movies. I offered $20 for the first 8 items. Then I tried to buy the MGS3 bonus disc seperately, but they wanted to sell it as a set, and I got all of it for $2. After I showed my brother the stuff I got, I went back with him, where we got the rest. I offered $5 for both Ar Tonelico and God of War (my brother wanted those) and $3 for the King of Fighters thing. I would say the best thing I got was Animaniacs: that was the only set I didn't have and it's one of my favourite shows.

FFVII Black label and re2 for $2, guy wanted $4, I CIF'ed $2 he took it

Discs and manuals are in great shape, cases are pretty beat up.

Passed on a DS lite fort $150 with 2 games, an xbox system 2 controllers 10 games for $100, a ps2 with 2 games for $75, and a Gamecube with 2 games for $40, people were firm on the prices. I saw the first 8 seasons on the simpsons for $5 a piece, probably could have got them for $2-$3 a piece if I would have bought all of them.

Drove way too much today. A good 100 miles, partially cause a sale my GF wanted to go to advertised doll house furniture, and they weren't even selling them today. Also went out of my way to pick up a broken DSi for $20... turned out to be a DSLite. So I said screw it, we already have 3, and it needed new hinges and top screen, came with no stylus and no charger. Wasn't worth it for me at that price.

But still managed to feel pretty good about our haul.

Went to a garage sale, some guy was selling some older games for about $1 each. Picked up Final Fantasy Anthology (GH) complete, Romance of the Three Kingdoms VI (case only), Final Fantasy IX complete, Twisted Metal 2 complete, Erhgeiz disc only (was inside the FF9 case, which is why one of the FF9 discs is out), Tekken 3 disc only, Street Fighter 3 EX (disc only), Knife Edge box with no game but filled with N64 manuals, Star Fox 64 complete, 3 memory cards, a GB Hunter for N64, and an SNES without power/AV cables for $17. You read that right.

dsc00355resized.jpg

dsc00357resized.jpg

Far away, some guy looked like he does swap meets regularly was having a garage sale with 3 of his neighbors. Immediately saw a NeoGeo Pocket, which I've been wanting. It was mint in box, but he wanted $25 for it. After a long time, I told him I'll take it for $20 if he has batteries to power it on. As I was leaving with the other games, he said $15 if I want to risk not testing it. I took it, and it does work. The backup battery needs to be replaced though. Came with a Sonic game too.

Hexen complete, Midway Collections, 2 N64 controllers, Star Wars II KotR from the same guy for $15, talked down from $18.

dsc00356resized.jpg

Playboy game (complete) was free, because I bought a new Bome figure for $12. Sort of regret buying it, because I hate Bome.

Rampage 64 for $1 (lady wanted $2, but we were buying some baby clothes too).
dsc00369resized.jpg

Was hanging out with some friends yesterday, and one of their neighbors down the street were having a garage sale, and I never go to garage sales (since all the ones in my neighborhoods always suck cause everyone is like 60+), this will be the first time in a couple of years I've been to one, but I thought what the heck, it'll be fun since I'll have my friends there.

So I was browsing around, nothing special that caught my eye. I flipped through a few boxes, and came out empty. But as I was leaving, I saw a couple of games in a box with some baby clothes and took a closer look. Needless to say I grabbed both of them and long story short, the guy let me have them both for $5. Didn't even need to haggle or anything. Good thing I convinced myself to go to the garage sale after all^^.

Here's a picture, both complete,

cimg0130h.jpg

I went to this bag sale, and luckily for me they were doing fill a garbage bag for 5$. I saw a TI-99 computer/game system (boxed) so of course, I tossed it in the bag. I didn't even open the box, when I opened it when I got home it was found to be in nearly mint or mint condition. The box has some wear but the items inside are still wrapped in plastic and the styrofoam is there (thank god they were giving garbage bags or else it would not have fit). I got some other stuff too along with the vintage computer, but that was the main item.

sparta06
sparta06
sparta06
sparta06
DSC06175.jpg

Didnt see much today.. Went to a couple that had some game items but they wanted way to much.. For example guy wouldnt budge on Jak 3 for ps2 he had at $15 USED...Anyway did have a good haul at one stop.

-Gears of War Console Box SEALED
-Medal of Honor: Airborne (360)
-Sega Superstars Tennis / Xbox live arcade (360)
-Tony Hawk Underground (Ps2)
...Total= $ 8

Dont know if the console box is rare or anything but he wanted $10 and I talked him to $5 (Had a $69.99 retail sticker still on it)

[quote name='elessar123']Drove way too much today. A good 100 miles, partially cause a sale my GF wanted to go to advertised doll house furniture, and they weren't even selling them today. Also went out of my way to pick up a broken DSi for $20... turned out to be a DSLite. So I said screw it, we already have 3, and it needed new hinges and top screen, came with no stylus and no charger. Wasn't worth it for me at that price.
But still managed to feel pretty good about our haul.

Went to a garage sale, some guy was selling some older games for about $1 each. Picked up Final Fantasy Anthology (GH) complete, Romance of the Three Kingdoms VI (case only), Final Fantasy IX complete, Twisted Metal 2 complete, Erhgeiz disc only (was inside the FF9 case, which is why one of the FF9 discs is out), Tekken 3 disc only, Street Fighter 3 EX (disc only), Knife Edge box with no game but filled with N64 manuals, Star Fox 64 complete, 3 memory cards, a GB Hunter for N64, and an SNES without power/AV cables for $17. You read that right.

dsc00355resized.jpg

dsc00357resized.jpg

Far away, some guy looked like he does swap meets regularly was having a garage sale with 3 of his neighbors. Immediately saw a NeoGeo Pocket, which I've been wanting. It was mint in box, but he wanted $25 for it. After a long time, I told him I'll take it for $20 if he has batteries to power it on. As I was leaving with the other games, he said $15 if I want to risk not testing it. I took it, and it does work. The backup battery needs to be replaced though. Came with a Sonic game too.

Hexen complete, Midway Collections, 2 N64 controllers, Star Wars II KotR from the same guy for $15, talked down from $18.

dsc00356resized.jpg

Playboy game (complete) was free, because I bought a new Bome figure for $12. Sort of regret buying it, because I hate Bome.

Rampage 64 for $1 (lady wanted $2, but we were buying some baby clothes too).
dsc00369resized.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Some nice pick ups you have there. The two FF finds in that first group was already worth the amount you paid, but on top of that you get to keep everything else ^^.

bread's done
Back