Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

I went to about 10 sales in my neighborhood last weekend. I only picked up 2 PS2 controllers for 2 bucks to add to my HD Loader PS2.

Should I get out of my neighborhood to look for better deals? There are two affluent communities about 5 miles away and maybe their "junk" will be better for me, at least that's what I am hypothesizing.

Speaking of $5 boxes. I picked up this group of cards for $5 a few weeks ago. I bought them as flipping material but also without high hopes.

Can you guys give me any pointers on these:

The Final Fantasy cards are a regular playing deck. There are two more ST Next Generation sets.

I'm not sure that these sets are complete but there is also a big stack of additional Star Wars cards (something like 100 cards) . . . so I could make them sets.

This box reads 1995 Fleer Ultra X-Men complete set 150 cards plus specials.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Marvel/X-Men stuff will fetch you about $10 a set. I know because I collect them.. And am interested in whatever you might want to unload. Cheers, and good find!

The star wars ccg won't fetch you much. Only if you have rares, but I see mostly starter decks so.... nothing good really. The star trek ccg is basically worthless. They even sell them at the dollar tree.

[quote name='slowdive21']

Evangelion CD Japanese mini disc, Macross Plus and Record of Lodoss War Japanese soundtracks. $0.25 each

2 Horror VHS tapes $0.25 each. I think the yellow cover Dementia 13 is rare.

[/QUOTE]

Sir, when you sleep I will be stealing that Lodoss soundtrack from you. >.>

[quote name='TiKi2']The star wars ccg won't fetch you much. Only if you have rares, but I see mostly starter decks so.... nothing good really. [/QUOTE]

Pretty much as I expected.

There is stack (not pictured) of additional SW cards . . . what are the rares I should look for?

[quote name='schultzed']Pretty much as I expected.

There is stack (not pictured) of additional SW cards . . . what are the rares I should look for?[/QUOTE]
Characters(Like skywalker , han etc.), Vehicles and Weapons.

[quote name='schultzed']Pretty much as I expected.

There is stack (not pictured) of additional SW cards . . . what are the rares I should look for?[/QUOTE]

any of the main characters, i am and have been looking for a chewbacca or a wicket for the longest time, or course on the cheap. but most of the main characters will fetch a few dollars.

[quote name='TiKi2']Characters(Like skywalker , han etc.), Vehicles and Weapons.[/QUOTE]

I dunno anything about card games but why wouldn't Luke and Han be common?

Anyway, I sorted thru what must be 300 cards and they look like crap.

Maybe this guy traded (or gave) away his better cards (or sold them) but the whole thing seems like a big ripoff to me. I mean the original retail prices that people paid.

The best looking character cards are C-3PO, Grand Moff Tarkin, Prophetess and Beru Lars . . . otherwise they are Biggs and Pops type stuff. There's a bunch of R2-X2s :whistle2:(

The only real weapon I spotted was a Blaster Rifle card.

Lots of Tie Fighters and one Imperial-Class Star Destroyer card.

[quote name='schultzed']I dunno anything about card games but why wouldn't Luke and Han be common?

Anyway, I sorted thru what must be 300 cards and they look like crap.

Maybe this guy traded (or gave) away his better cards (or sold them) but the whole thing seems like a big ripoff to me. I mean the original retail prices that people paid.

The best looking character cards are C-3PO, Grand Moff Tarkin, Prophetess and Beru Lars . . . otherwise they are Biggs and Pops type stuff. There's a bunch of R2-X2s :whistle2:(

The only real weapon I spotted was a Blaster Rifle card.

Lots of Tie Fighters and one Imperial-Class Star Destroyer card.[/QUOTE] Almost always with these CCGs the people take out the good stuff. The only one that might be worth anything is the 3po if it's black border. With weapons you want to try to find specific charater weapons like Han solo blaster or Darth maul lightsaber. The Star wars CCG in general aren't really worth that much . I recently bought a lot that came with Like 4 tarkins . But I did get a leia and a boba .

[quote name='TiKi2']Almost always with these CCGs the people take out the good stuff. [/QUOTE]

This is what I expected. I bought the box mostly to force myself to learn more about cards.

Anyone know anything about this Birthright set?

Sorry Schultzed,

TCG are my weakest (cards) subject. I have a pile of pokemon/ pocketmonster cards sitting here that I am too lazy to research.

I also have a 5 or 6 blue-eyes white dragon (I think) in Japanese from yu gi oh, but I can not find them ATM.

BTW The sale I was looking at is next week, so i took the day off. #-o

[quote name='schultzed']This is what I expected. I bought the box mostly to force myself to learn more about cards.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did for the Pokemon and Yugioh cards I bought, 700 of the former for a few dollars, and $4 for ~400 of the latter. The 700 Pokemon cards were worth about $50 on ebay ($20 for 16 cards, and $30 for the rest, maybe over $100 if I could sell them individually without any listing fees etc), and there was a $10 card in the Yugioh stack. Sure, it's flippable, but I must have spent 10 hours sorting through the Pokemon stuff alone. Didn't feel like it was worth it.

I'd suggest just learning the few high end cards (i.e. Charizard), look for those in the cards, and pick them out and sell the rest as a lot. Unless you have tons of time, which I don't.

I still have half a drawer filled with Magic the Gathering cards; maybe I'll use some of the excess to design playable decks and sell them off that way some day... I can't see trying to sell cards individually for 99 cents shipped :roll:

[quote name='jaysapathy']The Marvel/X-Men stuff will fetch you about $10 a set. I know because I collect them.. And am interested in whatever you might want to unload. Cheers, and good find![/QUOTE]

Would you be interested in the 10 Suspended Animation cards? They look promising.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-Fleer-Ultr...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b2ccf6af

And I have the Hunters and Stalkers (gold foil?) . . . but not all of the Sinister Observations :whistle2:(

Looks like I might be able to pull $40 out of the Marvel stuff.

2dwdbo7.jpg

They were $1.50 each and I payed $2 for the lot. All of them have disc's and cases, but only Scooby Doo has a manual.
It's not the greatest find ever, but I'm glad I got something.

Rain. Only things I found today related to video games were a Qbert 200 piece puzzle and Qbert colorform set for 25 cents each.

b5f1164dcd3534d22b001f6f7805aa4a.jpg

From one of the first sales.

Logitech Dual Action PC USB Controller
Game Boy Color (no battery cover)
Pokemon Red
Advance Wars DS Strat Guide
Xbox 360 Power Brick 203w

IAP $11, happily gave $10. Nice controller, flippable Pokemon game, and a sorely needed extra 360 power brick.

39c770af308e38f85a0d21c7adb0612b.jpg

NES Console w/ power brick
2 Standard NES Controllers
2 Zappers, one orange one gray
Acclaim wireless infrared NES controller w/ sensor (4 AAA batteries but still cool)
QuickShot joystick. One word: Epic.

Actually I can't seem to find any info on the Quickshot joystick. Anyone encountered this before?

8727ae2fd2b757ccaaf7c33016432e30.jpg

Sega Genesis Model 3 w/ hookups (seems to work, need to fully test later) with two little 6-button controllers (identical, but one has a Sega logo and one says "Superpad by Performance".)

Genesis model 2 w/ Sega CD (has Cliffhanger game disc inside) w/ 1 power brick, RF switch, two 3-button controllers

Cart-only games of varying physical condition:
Road Rash II, Decap Attack, Streets of Rage, Battletech, College Slam, Sonic 1, Ms. Pac-Man, Sonic 2, Madden 97, NBA Live 97, NBA Live 98

d6d504160d690fa9f1b7cd85c1eeb2c5.jpg

Cart-only NES games (there were two Nintendo-branded dust jackets in there too)
Gyromite (x2), Super Team Games, Jaws, RBI Baseball (Tengen)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (x2), Super Mario Bros. 2
Ikari Warriors, WWF Wrestlemania, Golf, T&C Surf Designs
Trojan, TMNT 1, Burger Time, Ninja Gaiden 2

The above three pictures are all from one sale. I paid $26. IAP was $30 all, only had $26 so it was taken. Followed by a trip to the ATM.

f984e10abf4f6bbd08a57ac4cc16c60f.jpg

The lady at this sale had a HUGE box of NES games. All commons but mostly ones I haven't stumbled upon before. She wanted $40 for the box which had about 28 games in it. Not terrible but after the score earlier I wasn't in a big spending mood. She wouldn't budge so I just cherry picked. There was other stuff, decent boxed Genesis and PS1 games, just a little rich for my blood.

PS1: Resident Evil 3 disc-only (been looking for this game just to play it)
SNES: Game Genie, Super Mario All-Stars w/ manual, Adventures of Dr. Franken CIB, Chuck Rock CIB, Super Caesar's Palace CIB, Bubsy II CIB.
NES: Game Genie, Yoshi w/ manual, Solstice w/ manual.

Got the boxed SNES games just because. First time I've seen any. Shitty games though.
Solstice seemed interesting, isn't worth anything but there was much worse in that box.

Paid $20 for the lot, feeling a little buyer's remorse but I've had worse.

Oh and here's two PS1 games I got yesterday, nothing special but longboxes are cool. $2.
f2d266bb928ff9aceffe716474aee9ca.jpg

Not going to bother with a picture this week.. Kind of dissapointed went to 30+ YS's and came up with just this.. One lady had a shit ton of xbox games but wouldnt budge from a $6 price point on ALL of them ..No thanks. Nothing outstanding anyway.

PS2
- NFL Street 2 (Have many drunk memories with this game when I was about 18-19)
- NBA Street 2 ^
- Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
- SSX Tricky
- Jak II
.......Total= $5

Sega Genesis System with two controllers (boxed and newer looking) With the Sonic 2 cart.
.......Total= $2 (lady said make me a offer and she was closing up.. Dont need this but why not for a couple bucks?)

Spent $45 on yard sale stuff this morning, came out with:

A PSP. Came with wall charger, car charger, and two games (both sports). $25.
PS1: Area 51
PSP games: Mercury, Medieval Resurrection, Untold Legends 2
SNES: Wolverine Adamantium Rage
Xbox: Baldur's Gate II

Went to a pawn shop afterwards that had a case/manual out for Steel Batallion, but the fucking disc was awol. Left my number; hopefully they call. Gave the PSP to my wife, who went through the roof with excitement. All in all, a good day.

[quote name='darkslime']Woke up at 12 PM today, fuck! I need to get out to sales before monsoon season starts.[/QUOTE]and from my experience when I lived n PHX, the monsoons always started the 1st or 2nd week of july.

Got today :
N64

Goldeneye X2
Conker's bad fur
Catslevania 64
Donkey Kong 64

SNES

Mr. do
and some crappy basketball game

all for $12

[quote name='SlammedNiss']and from my experience when I lived n PHX, the monsoons always started the 1st or 2nd week of july.[/QUOTE]Yep, it already looks like its going to rain tonight. I'm getting the fuck out of bed and going yard saling next week for sure.

Drove about 25 minutes away cause nothing much on CL around us, so we headed to one that listed Comic con swag and video games, that was supposed to start at 8. No activity, so we just decided to drive around, cause we saw like 10 signs on the way there.

First one, picked up a mint Atari Flashback 2 (I think... lol), in box, for $7.

Also found Transformers Ultra Scourge without it's tail for $1, along with :psp:Megaman X for $1, and a Bash Shell book for $0.50 (second edition, third edition sells for $15 on ebay).

Bought 23 comics from about 30 years ago, along with Heretic PC, Mario is Missing for NES, and 7 Capacitance Electronic Disc for $15 total. I first thought the CEDs were laser discs. Picked any up at all cause we saw some nice titles. The Hobbit, The Last Unicorn, Dark Crystal, 2 Charlie Brown movies, Disney's Alice, Escape to Witch Mountain (GF said I can put she insisted on this one, while I wanted Alice and Hobbit). They had some other NES games, but lady wanted $2 each, and the rest weren't worth it.

Also found a Leappad thingie for $5 for GF's niece, and $3 worth of baby clothes. And a Bugsy Pen that looks new for $5. If none of GF's family wanted it, was either going to flip or send to dv8 =P

Since the area was near a Best Buy, before we left the area, we went in. Paid $0.03 for Scribblenauts guide, another Pokemon guide, and another Mario Luigi guide.

Non-geek stuff:
One garage sale had people selling Carl's Jr coupon books for $5, didn't have much else but clothing, so we bought the coupon book.

Four CDs for $0.10 each... 2x No Doubt, 1x Dido, 1x Black Eyed Peas. Latter cd was missing, which I didn't realize till hours later.

Also picked up an vintage ATF chalkboard desk thingie in pretty good condition for $1, supposedly worth about $30, and a vintage Carrom Game Board in box for $1. I liked the box art, cause it's like 60s style advertisement, ie Bioshock/Fallout, and it's apparently worth about $30 too.

Star Trek TNG S1 and Life Aquatic dvd (Criterion Collection) for $10. Guy wanted $10 for TNG and $1 for Life Aquatic, I said I would only do $10 on TNG, he said ok, and I managed to talk him down to $10 for both, cause I had 2 $5s and no $1s. Now we have TNG S1-S4.

We actually overslept, cause there was a place in the area we're heading that was selling a "turbo GRAPHICS" (what it said in the ad) at 7. We didn't get up till 7. So we went there around 10:00-11:00 thinking it'd be gone, and saw it. Picked up the Turbo Grafx and 2 games for $5. Now I can try my other 4 games we picked up months ago.

Turbo Grafx alone should sell for what I spent today.

I had good days on both Fri. and Sat. Gonna take a little while to pull together pictures of my gaming finds.

Friday started very slow and after about an hour and a few bad sales I started to think that maybe I've tapped out my city. But then I found about $200 worth of books (w 2 $50 textbooks) for $7 and I felt reenergized.

Today I picked up 2 reams of legal-size paper for .25 each. A pretty good find because I can print Amazon order confirmations 2 to a page--less waste. The 2 reams should last for 6 months :)

I had good days on both Fri. and Sat. Gonna take a little while to pull together pictures of my gaming finds.

Friday started very slow and after about an hour and a few bad sales I started to think that maybe I've tapped out my city. But then I found about $200 worth of books (w 2 $50 textbooks) for $7 and I felt reenergized.

Out of all the items I bought, my two favs were: 2 reams of legal-size paper for .25 each. A pretty good find because I can print Amazon order confirmations 2 to a page (by turning the sheet)--less waste. The 2 reams should last for 6 months :) The other was a case with 70 Littlest Pet Shop pets . . . it was marked $15 but I got it for $10. My 8-year-old was pleased . . . would have been cooler a year or two ago but still a good deal.

I didn't even realize . . . this was a good find for later ebaying . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Littlest-Pet-Sh...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5c89ed7f

http://cgi.ebay.com/LITTLEST-PET-SH...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a042b36c

I got almost nothing other than a bunch of movies which I won't mention. One of my worst weeks this year.

Worms 2 PC disc only: 25 cents
Playstation1 Jampack (complete): Free
Mortal Kombat: The Animated Video VHS: 50 cents

I will also take this opportunity to ask: What is the best thing you guys have ever found at a yard sale, game-related or not?

Namco Museum DS (Complete) - 2

Thursday yardsale a few blocks from my place. A few DS games not marked but were $3 each when I asked. I only had 2 1s on me and they didn't have any change so they offered to take $2 because of this.

The Land Before Time: Big Water Adventure (PS1, Complete) - .25
Lego Star Wars: The Video Game (PS2, No Manual) - 1
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PS2, No Cover Insert) - 1
Backyard Football '09 (DS, No Manual) - 1

All asking price and cheap from one sale.

Frogger (PC, CIJ) - .25
2x NES Systems, 2x 1st Party NES Controllers, Zapper, AC Adaptor, A/V Cord, 13 NES Games, Game Boy Rechargeable Battery & Link Cable - 10

Frogger was found on a quarter table and the NES stuff was brought out when I asked about old video games. The guy mentioned how he was thinking about bringing it out and selling it for $10 and how everything out was only what was rounded up out of the garage so I was lucky that they didn't get past sorting and putting out anything past the garage as it was about noon when I got to this sale. I was thinking about trying my luck with offering $5 but instead offered the $10 he was thinking about asking since it's more then fair and he was nice enough to go in and round it up as he almost asked me to come back Saturday but had his kid watch over the sale while he went in and got the NES.

Non Find BS
Was busy Friday morning so I didn't get out till about 9:15 and got to about 19 sales within 3 1/2 hours with some other running around while yardsaling.

Only thing that I remembered seeing for too much was a GameCube with 4 games not worth $5 each anywhere and I'm pretty sure everything needed including at least 1 memory card ($50). I also passed on a GameCube for $5 without a controller & a PS2 that looked pretty dusty, no price. The very last sale was the only one that mentioned anything I missed in the form of video games and said it was Gameboy stuff so it could have been anything from GB up to GBA and could have very well been shovelware dreck.

I saw Megadeth's newest album (Endgame) at a sale, they had CDs for a buck each but this was on top of some PS2 sports games without a price on it. I picked it up and checked "the CD are a buck each?" but was told that this one was 4 or 5 since it was "new and popular". I understand what they were thinking but it is kind of odd for a yardsale and surely won't work :D

Only other mildly interesting thing I recall from Friday that sticks out at all was the guy I got the NES from told me that he bought it from somebody because he liked Bomberman, I didn't notice Bomberman in the bunch but the guy did mention (without me asking about it) that it didn't work and he threw it out at some point and made it sound as if he didn't play the rest of the games much if at all.

Crazy Taxi (PS2, Complete) - 2
Rayman Arena (PS2, Complete) - 2
7 Game Gear Games, Sega AC Adaptor & Game System Carrying Case - 3
Playstation 1st Party System Carrying Case - 1

Green 1st Party Xbox Controller
Xbox Power Cord x2
Xbox A/V Cord
Playstation A/V Cord

Crash Bandicoot (In Bandicoot 2 Back)
Donald Duck Goin' Quackers (Manual Missing Cover)
Intellivision Classic Games (Complete)
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (Complete)

The PS2 games were IAP from a church flea-craft-charity who knows what. I actually found the Game Gear stuff pretty late just sitting out in the open (was about 11:30). No price but when I brought it up the lady offered it for 3. Playstation system case was 2 but took a buck easily. Rounded up the Xbox controller and misc cords from a box with no prices and offered a buck. Playstation games were marked .50 each offerd a buck for four and meet in the middle.

SNES With Everything Needed And 5 Games, N64 With Everything Needed And 14 Games - 25

Stopped at an unadvertised sale and when I asked about video games the SNES & N64 were mentioned. Some family members rounded the stuff up but the owner had to run out so I went to a few other sales nearby and came back. Offerd to sell both for 30 I countered with 20 which was too low but I then suggested we meet in the middle which was agreed on.

Non Find BS
Got out kind of late Saturday, about 8:20 and a few sales weren't running because it rained over night and they were calling for rain all morning and into the afternoon the night before when I checked weather.com. Got to 23 sales in about 3 1/2 hours.

Not many sales advertised in the paper this week, only 49 on Friday compared to (IIRC) 40 last Friday with the 4th of July weekend ahead. I'm not sure if it's too expensive to advertise in the paper for more folks nowadays, too much work having a yardsale with less buyers out, rain, too hot or a little bit of everything this week but if this continues in July & August it's going to be the biggest summer slump I can remember since yardsaling the last few years.

This whole year I've noticed less sales advertised on any given weekend then I'm used to at that point in yardsale season but it's really gotten bad this week, last year during this weekend had about 80-90 some sales advertised in the paper I'm thinking.

Only way overpriced games I saw was the same sealed 360 pack-in games I saw at a different address over a month ago still marked $20 each and $50 for the Halo one mentioning how it's two games like one would needed to be told and as if it's a good deal. Saw a young kid who's dad was buying him GTA:SA cheap and what I overheard was some PS1 games for .25 each, didn't see but it was most likely dreck also saw a $30 PS2 at the next house which was sold to said kid I would guess. The only thing I was told about missing was something GameBoy from the house I got the Game Gear stuff at.

When I pulled up to a sale across the street was another sale that was piggybacking off of the advertised sale and I went to that one first as I could see as I drove by some PS1s, PSones & an NES on the porch ledge. A few games from different systems pretty much all crap and the only one I was thinking about getting possibly was Croc for GBC. The systems didn't have any cords or controllers and no prices. I asked about the NES to feel out the prices and the systems were $10 each. I won't get into all of the small talk but the guy mentioned cleaning out appartments (from evicted tenents IIRC) and this is were all or most of this stuff came from. I looked around a bit but didn't even bother seeing about Croc or making a counter offer on the NES from 10.

[quote name='Shazyzang']I will also take this opportunity to ask: What is the best thing you guys have ever found at a yard sale, game-related or not?[/QUOTE]

I've said this before, but nothing beats finding Earthbound and Chrono Trigger for $3 each.

[quote name='Shazyzang']
I will also take this opportunity to ask: What is the best thing you guys have ever found at a yard sale, game-related or not?[/QUOTE]

Yard sale: Tengen Tetris (NES) for $0.25
Flea market in yard sale section (does this count?): Yamaha SHS-200 Keytar for $12 (sells on eBay for $400).

I actually had some time to go yard saling early this morning, and without mapping out a bunch of sales on craigslist just drove around hitting random sales and mostly asking for games and game related stuff.

Here's what I scored:

GBA SP black + its original box, charger, Castlevania COTM + instructions, Advance Wars 1 + instructions, Golden Sun complete, Golden Sun Lost Age "complete" (had an extra Golden Sun 1 cart instead of Golden Sun Lost Age in the box :bomb:), Mazes of Fate complete, Fire Emblem complete, Super Mario Deluxe GBC complete, Pokemon Gold complete, Pokemon Silver complete, Pokemon Crystal + instructions, Pokemon Blue Red and Yellow carts only, Gradius Galaxies GBA complete, Ninja 5-O complete:hot:, Super Mario Advance 2 and 3 complete, Mario v. Donkey Kong 1 complete...$37

Asked the lady at a sale in Echo Park if she had any games, and she came out with a box full of GB/GBC/GBA games and a couple of systems. She wanted $20 each for an old Gameboy Color :roll: and the GBA SP and $5 each per game :roll:, so I grabbed the SP and cherry picked everything worthwhile and offered her $30, she countered at $60 "but would work with me" so I told her I had $37 take it or leave it, and she agreed. I didn't really leave behind anything worth mentioning except for the GBC and a bunch of cart only crap.

Hit a sale on the way home in the early afternoon and score a cart only Megaman X, Donkey Country 3, and a complete Tales of the Abyss for PS2 for $9 total.

Highlight of the day was after taking my daughter, wife and her parents to the dinner at the LA Farmer's Market/Grove. We valeted the car at the Grove (wife had a free valet pass, no way would I have paid to park my car otherwise)...after a fun evening at a VERY crowded farmer's market and Grove, we go to get our car, and Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green pull up to valet. I would never have noticed except my wife pointed them out. You know what they pulled up in? Must have been his daily driver - a freaking older Chevy Tahoe. :?: Seriously, I never would have expected to see that.

Meanwhile there were Bentleys, Rolls Royces, AMG Mercedes galore, hell there was some 25 year old kid hopping into a new Lambo Murcielago right before they pulled up...crazy $$$ everywhere.

To live and die in L.A.

Friday (other than a nice book score) was pretty crappy. Even when I found a gem for $5 . . . a sealed out-of-print DVD which would fetch $50 . . . the disc is bouncing around in the case. I'll have to open it and clean it up and try for $30 on it :whistle2:(

Gaming stuff:

I picked this up for .50 at my first sale

An omen of the odds and ends nature of many of my "finds."

So often I find that people have sold their old gaming systems at past sales and this flotsom washes up later.

Paid $1 for the pair. Of course an extra SNES pad and PS2 component cable are handy for system bundles . . . but I want the systems!

When I'm not finding stuff, I start reaching:

My daughter is into Harry Potter but she won't play these and they are worthless . . . $3 down the drain. Crappy pic of crappy games.

I paid $1 for this pair which I picked out of pile of even less desirable stuff:

Crap. I think I cherry picked the better games at this place last year . . . maybe I need to go to other cities.

These were about the best I could find in my 3 hrs. on Friday:

$1.50 for the pair. Of course at the same sale I picked up Simpsons Clue (2nd ed) for my kids for $3. Then I get home and find that I already got one a while back (I confused it with Simpsons Life). If anyone is interested, I'd send it to you for the cost of shipping.

Saturday was much better. Non-gaming finds were very cheap . . . lots of random little stuff like a CD that will sell for $10 for a quarter. Or Quickbooks Pro 2003 which should get $30 for a quarter. Or a bunch of sellable books (most in the $10 range) for $2.

I tried to pitch $20 for this pair:

Ended up paying $25 . . . on the high side. I plan on flipping Punch Out to make Rayman free . . . so-so.

Same sale I picked up this pair for $5:

Hope to flip them. Still regret not buying a bunch of these when GS had them for $10. I suspected they would be worth something someday.

Non-gaming but notable.

This was at the same sale as above. I was done and noted this set. The pricing is accurate . . . over $100 on Amazon for used sets. So, I picked them up and just gave her a puzzled look . . . she says, "yeah, I don't know why it said that online." So, I went big and offered her $20 for the set . . . she hesitated and thought about it and then agreed. I could've pitched $10 but I felt I played it well. This will probably take awhile to sell and end up at a university library.

Each of the following were $1 per game at 3 separate sales.

I think Gauntlet was $1.50. Nothing special . . . I'm not finding special games . . . I want special games!

These were $1 for the group:

One SNES power adapter and 2 N TV hookups--useful. Again the guy explained that the systems sold at a past sale.

Same sale, guy had a ton of computer parts (all older stuff). But I bought these for $1:

I think I can bring my inlaws' computer up to 1 GB memory with them.

I got another guy down to $10 on this:

Lots of other games at the sale but all crap.

Same sale, I snagged this set which is still sealed:

When I brought it over, the guy explained it was someone elses and he couldn't bargain . . . so I paid $2.

Finally, there was a late starting sale (10 am) which advertised PS2, PS3, and PSP games. I meant to buzz by at 9 and get an early view. But I got hung up with other sales and didn't get there until 9:40. He had tons of games and DVDs out. But it was all crap but hundreds of crap DVDs and games. I asked if he had sold a bunch of games alread but he said I was the first customer.

I picked out these for about $2 each:

I say about because I also got Seasons 1-4 for Futurama for $20 . . . and a few not pictured DVDs. The whole thing was $38.
The Genesis game will probably bring in $25 but take 2 years to sell.

@schultzed: You may want to put aside those harry potter gba games for a gamestop trade-in run, especially if you can get a trade-in bonus. I've traded in some pretty junky stuff gotten at 25-50 cents each and made out; worse case scenario you'd get some of your money back.http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=11978

I think I did alright today, but nothing really special.

photo5qg.jpg

This is actually 2 sales (sorry just grouped it all together into 1 pic... a bit exhausted)

From the first sale:

Nintendo 64
Transfer Pak (has Pokemon Blue in it! Ironically the ONLY pokemon I never bought myself. Just need the box/manual for a complete pokemon set)
Goldeneye 007
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Super Smash Bros.
DOC's Wireless N64 controller - I thought this was an interesting 3rd party since it was wireless, looked it up online and it turns out it is the only wireless controller made for the N64. I checked on ebay and saw pairs of them go for $50. Score!
PS2 8mb Memory Card (Dunno how this got in there)

Everything was in a box when I bought it. I saw all the cables so was just trying to find the ones for N64. She told me to just take all of them, so I did. I'll have fun untangling them -.-)

Total = $25 ($30 IAP)

Second Sale:

Killer Instinct
UN Squadron (picked this up because I had never seen it before + it was a capcom game. Turns out its around $10)
Super Mario 64

Total = $6, wasnt going to argue at $2 a piece

Since these were the first things I've gotten in the past week (got skunked at flea market/yard sales on fri/sat).....

photo6wz.jpg

I decided to treat myself to some Japanese candy ^_^. These taste AMAZING too. Probably the best gummies ever.

Here are some of my recent finds. Nothing too great, but some fun stuff :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nerf Indoor Flying Disc new in box - This is from 1970, everything is in great shape. Paid $.50

Legend of Dragoon PS1 - Paid $1

Defcon 5 PC game - FREE...I don't know anything about this, but I thought it was vintage and cool, and for free...of course :)

Shining Force NEO, Radiata Stories, Drakengard 2, Final Fantasy XII (collectors edition) PS@ - $2 each

Pokemon Blue & Pokemon Gold - $.50 each

Atari Plug & Play - $1

Atari Flash Back 2 - $5

Tomy Tabletop Pac-Man game - I remember this from when I was a kid. I always wanted it. I had the Frogger table top game which I loved. Fired this puppy up and it still works, cool! $.50

Joker Watch - $1

It's kind of slim pickins here in Kansas. Lots of baby and old people stuff at our garage sales. The good thing is there isn't a lot of competition. Anyway, hope you liked my finds. Everything is up for trade or sale, just PM me and we'll work something out.

Got an N64 with Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, and some Star Wars game for $10 yesterday. Pretty happy, it was my first console purchase at a yard sale. I had tons of luck with finding video game stuff, most of it I didn't want though. But the N64 needs the A/V cables (the RF ones aren't working right), so I ordered some, hopefully they work.

My friend went with me, he got Mario Kart 64 for $3. Pretty jealous.

Crap. Reading this and getting ready to make this post made me remember that I forgot to pick up a B-17 Balsa wood kit for $.25 at the yardsale I bought stuff at. :(

Anyways, I picked up 32 sports cards(mainly baseball, but a few football, basketball, and one hockey) for a total of $1. The hockey card was a 1992 Wayne Gretzky that is worth ~$2-3 and 6 were Basketball cards worth $.50 each.(Isiah Thomas, Patrick Ewing, and one other who I forget)

Not much this weekend; couldn't go out both days.

NES Knight Rider, Rescue: The Embassy Mission, Vice: Project Doom, Mechanized Attack, $5 for all
NES Pictionary, Adventures of Tom Sawyer, $3 for both

Wish Pictionary and Tom Sawyer didn't have that crappy marker on them (keep in mind this is after I cleaned them), but whatever. I didn't have them yet.

GEN Winter Olympic Games: Lillehammer '94
N64 Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, $5 for both

GEN Mega Turrican (missing manual)
PSX Parasite Eve II (complete)
GBC Zelda DX: A Link to the Past, $8 for all

Finally got my hands on a copy of Mega Turrican, as well as Parasite Eve II! Been looking for both of these for a while. Too bad MT doesn't have its manual.

Sega Genesis system (no controller, no cables)
Abrams Battle Tank (complete)
Quad Challenge (complete)
Taz-Mania (complete), $8 for all

360 Dragon Age: Origins, $12
360 Left 4 Dead, $3
XB Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (missing manual), $4

[quote name='Shazyzang']What is the best thing you guys have ever found at a yard sale, game-related or not?[/QUOTE]

This is a great question . . . it can be taken in a number of ways. From best find from a personal POV to worth the most money.

I think I'm still looking for my best thing. :)

My favorite gaming find so far is the Odyssey that posted in post #807 of this thread.

Another one that I loved happened last year when I came across this giant controller in a garage . . . I didn't know what it was but "what the hell its marked $2!" I walked away with it for $1. I thought it was for a PC and that it was probably just a piece of junk.

I first posted it here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209929&page=80

see Post #1595

What I loved about this item is that I knew nothing about it and then it dawned on me that it was for the PS2 . . . and that I had the games for it . . . so I tried it out . . . and then I looked it up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006D3QO8

And I listed it for $120 with AC5 and AC4. It sold a month later to a guy stationed at Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany.

082209ACflighstick.jpg

In retrospect, I might have gotten more money for it ;-)

[quote name='allyourblood']Not much this weekend; couldn't go out both days.[/QUOTE]

what's not much for you would have been an amazing weekend for me, haha =/

[quote name='schultzed']This is a great question . . . it can be taken in a number of ways. From best find from a personal POV to worth the most money.

I think I'm still looking for my best thing. :)

My favorite gaming find so far is the Odyssey that posted in post #807 of this thread.

Another one that I loved happened last year when I came across this giant controller in a garage . . . I didn't know what it was but "what the hell its marked $2!" I walked away with it for $1. I thought it was for a PC and that it was probably just a piece of junk.

I first posted it here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209929&page=80

see Post #1595

What I loved about this item is that I knew nothing about it and then it dawned on me that it was for the PS2 . . . and that I had the games for it . . . so I tried it out . . . and then I looked it up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006D3QO8

And I listed it for $120 with AC5 and AC4. It sold a month later to a guy stationed at Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany.

082209ACflighstick.jpg

In retrospect, I might have gotten more money for it ;-)[/QUOTE]

DANG! I have passed these up thinking they were as worthless as PS2 steering wheels.

[quote name='Sinnbox']DANG! I have passed these up thinking they were as worthless as PS2 steering wheels.[/QUOTE]

Looking back at my post for my finds that weekend . . . I'm pretty sure I only bought it because I was bored.

If I had been loaded up with great games, I probably would have bypassed it.

Funny, I thought it was a bad weekend but in addition to the controller, I also later sold the Ganon figure pictured in #1591 for $60.

dpy07d.jpg

I paid $70 for the following:

Systems:
N64 w/ expansion pak
SNES Mini
Xbox
GBA SP
GBA

Plus cords, controllers, and a Game Cube controller and two GC Memory cards (one is the animal crossing one)

Games:
SNES:
Castlevania IV
Jurassic Park
Mortal Kombat
Mario's Time Machine
Super Battleship
Yoshi's Safari
Blazeon
Star Fox

N64:
Zelda OoT