Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='schultzed']
I was just digging through some books I bought this summer but didn't list . . . NOW is the time check and recheck any textbooks you have . . . SLOWDIVE, this means you.
[/QUOTE]

I just unearthed a pile of 40 textbooks...:wall: I hate listing them.

Here are last weeks finds:

Free (MS has CD key, but probably won't work) Free cases at least.

Gi Joes .25 each

Rummage Sale finds everything in the next 2 pics for $1 total. I just wanted the Gargoyles VHS, but then I found the SJ.

Workout DVDs took a chance at .50 each. Haven't looked them up yet.

Same sale as above PC games $1 each. Mulan II was free. The beast within, 11th hour and phantasmagoria.

This was at a friends charity sale so I didn't bargain. $4 total.

Buffy season 2 $2

Osbournes season 1 $2, 24 seasons 1-4 (still sealed) $5

find of the week:

$10 for everything. Was so excited to find Samuari Shodown, Dungeon Master II, and Heimdall all in MINT complete shape (even have the foam) that I bought everything without really haggling.

[quote name='slowdive21']I just unearthed a pile of 40 textbooks...:wall: I hate listing them.

[/QUOTE]

The listing is the hardest part. I call it "feeding the beast." A well-fed beast pays out.

I force myself to list everyday and books are definitely the least fun to list.

[quote name='TiKi2']No dude you are fucked. It's hit or miss with the labels depending on the ink used when the label was printed.[/QUOTE]

That really sucks, considering one is MUSHA. There really isn't any alternatives eh?

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Hey g salers, as usual, a pleasure to read all of your adventures.

Any suggestions on how to remove sharpie from surfaces such as labels? I found a few Genesis games with sharpie on the the actual cartridge label....[/QUOTE]

I use fingernail polish remover (non acetone) on the plain plastic area (not the label) works great... lots of N64 cartridges have names written on them...:bomb:

but your seeking something to clean a permanent marker off a label? hmmm that's a challenge...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IkilledLassic']That really sucks, considering one is MUSHA. There really isn't any alternatives eh?[/QUOTE]

About the best you can do at this point is go over the markings extremely slow and gentle with the edge of a pencil eraser. The reason you're gonna wanna go slow is that fast, hard rubbing will take the ink from the original print off. If you're patient enough, you can get up a good amount of marker. This is by no means going to look perfect, but it's one of the only solutions I've found for removing marker from delicate, porous surfaces.

Sadly, it might just be best to leave it be.

Good luck!

[quote name='IkilledLassic']That really sucks, considering one is MUSHA. There really isn't any alternatives eh?[/QUOTE] I have yet to find a solution that would work without damaging the label. I don't know why people write on the label, I mean you've got the whole cart to write on.

[quote name='TiKi2']I have yet to find a solution that would work without damaging the label. I don't know why people write on the label, I mean you've got the whole cart to write on.[/QUOTE]

Well, MUSHA cart is black, so not really.

[quote name='elessar123']Well, MUSHA cart is black, so not really.[/QUOTE] I have black carts with red marker. So yeh you've got the whole cart. And the red is very visable.

If the label is slick, try the dry erase marker trick.

I know its hard to believe, but dry erase marker lifts permanent marker off of many surfaces.

But, if the label is more porous, forget about it.

For instance, a dry-erase marker will work on the front of an SNES label but not the back label.

No saleing for me today . . . I'm with my family in Chicago . . . hopefully I can do some damage on Saturday :)

Good luck to everyone going out today.

Went to literally the only advertised friday sale today. They said they had PS1/Gamecube games, turns out the gamecube games were PS2(how do you confuse them?).

The sellers had a couple games and dvds I was interested in, until I saw the prices, which they were firm on. Fear Effect, MGS 1, Oddworld, all $15 each. Those were the only games that stood out, amidst Namco arcade and other such stuff.

They had around 5 copies of Kya: Dark Lineage sealed for Ps2, which I thought was really odd... priced at $16 each.

Ghostbusters 1/2 sealed DVD for $16, a ton of crap like that posted way high, with no room for heckling.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Went to literally the only advertised friday sale today. They said they had PS1/Gamecube games, turns out the gamecube games were PS2(how do you confuse them?).

The sellers had a couple games and dvds I was interested in, until I saw the prices, which they were firm on. Fear Effect, MGS 1, Oddworld, all $15 each. Those were the only games that stood out, amidst Namco arcade and other such stuff.

They had around 5 copies of Kya: Dark Lineage sealed for Ps2, which I thought was really odd... priced at $16 each.

Ghostbusters 1/2 sealed DVD for $16, a ton of crap like that posted way high, with no room for heckling.[/QUOTE]

sounds like you went to the actual amazon marketplace

I wasn't planning on going out today, but then I checked on the newspaper's website and saw one listed... "games, DVDs..." so I walked 2 miles there, running under the freshly lead-painted and re-opened bridge as they had the sidewalks blocked, leaping over uncovered grates... only to get there and find out the "games" were actually three board games, the DVDs were dollar store and Big Lots type stuff, and everything else was equally uninteresting to me...

Walking home defeated, I ducked into the farmer's market as it was right nearby. I snagged up The Best of Raw 15th Anniversary set (3 discs, 9 hours of WWE highlights from 1993-2008.) for a ridiculous $5. Oh, and the special edition of Jet Li's The One for $2. So at least it wasn't a complete waste of a 4 mile walk.

[quote name='pyoobez']I wasn't planning on going out today, but then I checked on the newspaper's website and saw one listed... "games, DVDs..." so I walked 2 miles there, running under the freshly lead-painted and re-opened bridge as they had the sidewalks blocked, leaping over uncovered grates... only to get there and find out the "games" were actually three board games, the DVDs were dollar store and Big Lots type stuff, and everything else was equally uninteresting to me...

Walking home defeated, I ducked into the farmer's market as it was right nearby. I snagged up The Best of Raw 15th Anniversary set (3 discs, 9 hours of WWE highlights from 1993-2008.) for a ridiculous $5. Oh, and the special edition of Jet Li's The One for $2. So at least it wasn't a complete waste of a 4 mile walk.[/QUOTE]
At least you got something.

I hate sales like that that advertise "games" and they turn out to be board games or "games" for young kids. All but one of the sales I went to yesterday that advertised "games" had no video games. I picked up Spyborgs (Wii), Viewtiful Joe (PS2, was a Blockbuster game at one point) and MK3 (PS1, longbox, really beat up but the disc still worked) for $10. Probably overpaid a little, but I didn't want to come home with nothing.

[quote name='Potatoeman'] no room for heckling.[/QUOTE]

That word, I do not think it means, what you think it means.

While you could probably heckle the people over their high prices, you would get better results if you haggle with them to get lower prices.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Went to literally the only advertised friday sale today. [/QUOTE]

Dang . . . just got home (from a few days out with the family in Chicago) and the newspaper had more advertised sales today than I've seen for weeks . . . Doh!

I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

I usually assume a sale advertising games is advertising board games, unless they specifically say video games.

I went through a whole ton of very overpriced sales today (seriously, jeans for $8, I can get brand new ones for less). I found some unrelated to this site stuff at the end but no video games.

[quote name='yourlefthand']That word, I do not think it means, what you think it means.[/QUOTE]

inigo.jpg

Yeah, dont know why I said heckle, but you know what I meant;)

There's 3 sales tomorrow advertising video games.. but they're 13 or so miles away, and im really not feeling it after having no luck for the past few weeks. Not to mention Id have to get to work right after I hit the sales. Bleh, hopefully this craigslist guy pulls through and I can post some new stuff.

[quote name='schultzed']Dang . . . just got home (from a few days out with the family in Chicago) and the newspaper had more advertised sales today than I've seen for weeks . . . Doh!

I'll see what I can do tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You mean people still pay money to put their sales in the newspaper?!

[quote name='willynateDgreat']You mean people still pay money to put their sales in the newspaper?![/QUOTE]

Around here they do or else put them on the newspaper's website. Very seldom do I see a craiglist advertised sale, but the town I live in doesn't have it's own subsite and the closest one is pretty far away.

Then again, the majority of ones who put their stuff on the newspaper's site never bother putting in the zipcode which won't list theirs if you do enter it.

I had a good day. Nothing outstanding, but a bunch of good finds:

Croc 2 (PS1, complete)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1, complete)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (PS2, disc only)
Sega Game Gear system with strap
Sonic 2 (Game Gear, cart only)
NBA Jam Tournament Edition (GG, cart only)
World Series Bseball (GG, cart only)
Super Monaco GP (GG, cart only)
Bugs Bunny Double Trouble (GG, cart only)
Chakan (GG, cart only)
1980 Granada Pong Console (system only)
Batman the Movie VHS
$2.50 total
I offered $1 for MGS and Croc 2 (out of a few more PS1 games), which they took, and when I was looking through the case I saw the MGS2 disc! $1 was the asking price for all the GG stuff. I offered 50 cents for the Pong and Batman.

Sega Genesis system M1 (system only)
Genesis power cable
Genesis RF switch
2 3-button controller
Sega 6-button arcade stick
PGA Tour Golf (complete)
World Series Baseball (complete)
NFL Football 94 (complete)
NHL 95 (complete)
WF Raw (box and manual only)
$3 total
He wanted $5, but I offered $3. He also had N64, Xbox, and 360 stuff, but every single game was sports, racing, or poker.

Resident Evil Code Veronica X (PS2, complete)
Timesplitters 2 (PS2, complete)
3 loose Family Guy DVDs
$5 total
This was a charity sale, so I didn't haggle the price of $1 each. However, one of the ladies said the games were $2 each, but then another said $1 each.

Went to a swap meet today and found this puppy.

348j49x.jpg

2s79keb.jpg

The box has a dent in the lower right corner, and the unit itself had some gunk that wiped right off. The graphics were a bit jumbled, so I cleaned the contacts in the cart and Gameboy, and now it works perfectly.

I didn't have a grey brick in my collection, so finding one with the box and game was exciting.

I'm glad some of you are having success. This week has pretty much been a complete waste of time on my end. The best I managed to do was get a dirty (but working) ps1, and Sonic Spinball CIB for $1, and $0.50 respectively.

Some decent finds today in the way of strategy guides:

Final Fantasy Anthology
Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Baal (Perfect Guide)
Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn (Perfect Guide)
Neverwinter Nights Adventure Guide (Versus)
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy 3 (snes)

$26

The Story
Went up to a sizable flea at a volunteer fire station. An old guy immediately on the left had a gamecube with a few Zelda games bundled with it for $90 firm. The condition on the games was iffy, so I offered $70 for all but the guy just wouldn't budge, wouldn't sell individually, nada. After checking out a table of playstation games that looked like the overstock of ebay (some crash and spyro but nothing thrilling) I went to a table in the back and caught wind of the guides hanging in a box beneath a whole bunch of Forgotten Realms books. My hopes were somewhat dashed when the seller (a handicap gentleman) said "they're individually marked" so right next to guides marked a $1 you had the FF3 guide marked $25 *stare* Anyhow, I took a breath and assessed the situation, knowing that guides are slow sellers and that the guy might bend on a bundle deal. I offered him $20 for the FF3 (memories), examined the Ogre Battle n64 guide right next to it (marked $35 and had a loose page, had to pass), and then bumbled and stalled over the others. Fortunately he helped me out by naming $6 for the rest so snapped up they were.

Odds and ends I picked up for $8 total:

:ps2: Document for Metal Gear Solid 2
:ps2: Lego Star Wars 2
:ps2: Escape from Monkey Island
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (n64)
2 G.I. Joe Comics from the mid-eighties

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Some decent finds today in the way of strategy guides:

Final Fantasy 3 (snes)

[/QUOTE]

Damn, you just reminded me of a (now) painful incident from my past.

I had a nice copy of the Nintendo FF3 guide (bought it for something like $5 at HalfPrice Books in the min-90s). In something like 1997, I placed an ad in the newspaper and sold off a bunch of my SNES games. I was just in a "get rid of stuff" mode . . . plus I could use the money.

I sold complete copies of FF2, FF3, Secret of Mana, and Mario RPG for $40-50 each. In all cases, I had strategy guides that I included for free. It makes me cringe a little to think of this pre-ebay folly.

[quote name='schultzed']Damn, you just reminded me of a (now) painful incident from my past.

I had a nice copy of the Nintendo FF3 guide (bought it for something like $5 at HalfPrice Books in the min-90s). In something like 1997, I placed an ad in the newspaper and sold off a bunch of my SNES games. I was just in a "get rid of stuff" mode . . . plus I could use the money.

I sold complete copies of FF2, FF3, Secret of Mana, and Mario RPG for $40-50 each. In all cases, I had strategy guides that I included for free. It makes me cringe a little to think of this pre-ebay folly.[/QUOTE]

Noooooooo XD

I think I used to get a lot of SNES guides directly from Nintendo Power magazine; the only reason I didn't have FF3 was that I lent the game to another kid and for whatever reason he spilled something on the guide / created water damage. I'm pretty sure I made him pay me for it too. :bomb:

It almost goes without saying that I'm happy to find the original guide again-- namely because there's artwork and a Colosseum section that isn't included in the compact Anthology guide.

I bought too much stuff this weekend. I don't want to take pics, but it is my duty to post. Between free sobe at CVS and the TRU 30% off clearance plus another $10 off per 360 game, my living space is overflowing with stuff. Plus I bought about 700 comics from a guy on Wednesday, so I barely have room to move!

BTW: I still do not have one of these. :ps2: Document for Metal Gear Solid 2

GREAT FIND!

Actually mapped out the route better this week, cause there were a ton this weekend advertising video games.

One of the first ones we went to, which was near our apartment, was a sale benefiting a daycare. Picked up Disney's Three Musketeers and the Gift of Yoga dvds for $1 each.

We asked about video games, but they didn't find it. When we were in the car, about the drive away, the girl we asked came and got our attention saying they found the box of games. So I picked up the jewel cases first, which was Metal Gear Solid, Parasite Eve II (FINALLY, after years of trying to get it cheap), Crash Bandicoot 2. The rest of the games were for PS2, and almost all sports. Picked up Way of the Samurai. They wanted $5 for PS2 games and $2.50 for PS1, so I offered $10 for the games, total of $12 with the dvds. They thanked us for the support. My gf thanked them for supporting us after we got in the car.
dsc01230j.jpg

Two sales next to each other, saw some SNES games and a Super Scope without the receiver. He wanted $15 for everything. I tried for $10 without the Super Scope, but he wouldn't budge from $12. Happily paid it.
dsc01235xm.jpg

Next door one had Hogwarts for $3, she accepted $2.
dsc01232rd.jpg

In a neighborhood far far away, guy claimed to have Sega and and other old stuff. After we dug around in tons of bins, he found the Sega Gamegear with 5 games. Never played X-Men Mojo World before.
dsc01231bc.jpg

Same guy, wanted $0.50 for CDs, $1 for DVDs, and $2 for games. Offered $20 with the Gamegear. None of the three games are what they say they are. Inside's actually Paper Mario for GC, Lord of the Rings for GC, and Bakugan for Wii.
dsc01233v.jpg

The Big Haul.
The next 5 pictures for $40 (Coleco Vision + games with 2.5 controllers, Commodore 64, NES controllers, power supply, RFx2, and some books)
dsc01219m.jpg

dsc01220h.jpg

dsc01221i.jpg

dsc01222.jpg

dsc01223c.jpg

Same place, they wanted $3 for the quesadilla maker (unused), even though it was labeled $5. I offered $2 so I wouldn't have to get change. They accepted.
dsc01224m.jpg

They wanted $4.60 for the following, offered $4.00.
dsc01217js.jpg

Paid $1 for the children's books, for GF's nieces. Probably could have found them for less, but these were like new. Paid $2 for Cars dvd, $3 for the transformers (third or fourth week in a row I bought a beast wars figure), $0.25 for Packman World.
dsc01225r.jpg
dsc01227f.jpg

dsc01226i.jpg
dsc01229kj.jpg

$2 for nice cabbage patch kid from 1985.
dsc01218i.jpg

$20 for 26 gloworm/glowbug/glowturtle ranging from 1982 to 1993. GF is taking out the batteries. There are 7 corroded battery packs, 1 missing arm, and 1 missing battery pack. Still good, since one of the 1982 gloworms is like $15-$20 by itself.
dsc01236h.jpg

$1 each ($7 total) PC games, including Heretic II in next picture cause I forgot it.
dsc01228p.jpg

dsc01234s.jpg

Man, those glow* things creep me right out!

[quote name='adriley313']sweet find
how much did you pay[/QUOTE]

Was this directed at me? Seller wanted 100DKK ($18), I countered with 20DKK ($3), and we settled on 30DKK ($5). (Prices converted and rounded to nearest even number :))

[quote name='slowdive21']I bought too much stuff this weekend. I don't want to take pics, but it is my duty to post. Between free sobe at CVS and the TRU 30% off clearance plus another $10 off per 360 game, my living space is overflowing with stuff. Plus I bought about 700 comics from a guy on Wednesday, so I barely have room to move!

BTW: I still do not have one of these. :ps2: Document for Metal Gear Solid 2

GREAT FIND![/QUOTE]

Thanks *grins* In the way of comics, you wouldn't happen to have any Elvira, Vampirella, Cry of Dawn, etc? I tend to collect a fair bit of comics with "Strange Tales", 1970s or later. Another thing is that I'm looking to finish my run of WildC.A.T.s (1st series) one of these days...

[quote name='slowdive21']I bought too much stuff this weekend. I don't want to take pics, but it is my duty to post. [/QUOTE]

You fucking owe it to us to post pics.

I will do my duty as well (later or tomorrow). I actually had a find that will make some of you go "wow" (at least a small wow).

Although, right now I want to get a gripe off my back. So, I'm working through a subdivision with a few sales (maybe 5 total). The last one, I can't quite tell if its a sale or not. The garage is open, I see a few people walking away but there are no tables but this woman has some bags of clothes and maybe a few things are on the ground.

On my way back to my car, I pop over and start talking to her. She claims its a disorganized sale. So, I say do you have any movies, CDs, or videogames. Then she says she just sold a Super Nintendo (with some games) a minute ago . . . for $20 . . . DOH!

Even though I just bought a CD that I hope to sell for $50 at the last sale . . . if I had headed to this one first . . . I'm telling you the competition for games (at least in my area) is brutal.

[quote name='SaraAB'](seriously, jeans for $8, I can get brand new ones for less).[/QUOTE]

I can best that ;) Friday I saw a pair of Jeans marked $15 at least they were new.

Yeh it seems everyone goes to garage sales now. I guess because of the high unemployment rate. Especially here in my city.
The guy I bought the nes games from had other retro stuff on the way and I was suppose to go back , but someone kinda totaled my car and gave me a nasty headache. So I must take a temporary leave of absence from the whole seen.

F0newearl Have you posted a pics of your collection? I would like to see it, because of all the stuff you find every week you must have one of the best collection around.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Thanks *grins* In the way of comics, you wouldn't happen to have any Elvira, Vampirella, Cry of Dawn, etc? I tend to collect a fair bit of comics with "Strange Tales", 1970s or later. Another thing is that I'm looking to finish my run of WildC.A.T.s (1st series) one of these days...[/QUOTE]

I keep the Dawn comics (one day I'll find a GF that looks like her) and my brother collects Vampirella, but I may have a couple of the Vampi (manga vampirella) wizard 1/2 mail away comics. I love "Strange Tales" (Marvel series) and I would like to put a full run together, so I am not selling or trading those at this point. :)

I have tons of wild CATS books. PM me what you are looking for and I will see what I have. If there are any modern books or wizard 1/2s or Toyfare exclusive toys you are looking for let me know. I have 52 long boxes at my last count, so I am looking to get rid of some of my 1990s and newer comics.

[quote name='schultzed']You fucking owe it to us to post pics.

I will do my duty as well (later or tomorrow). I actually had a find that will make some of you go "wow" (at least a small wow).

Then she says she just sold a Super Nintendo (with some games) a minute ago . . . for $20 . . . DOH!

Even though I just bought a CD that I hope to sell for $50 at the last sale . . . if I had headed to this one first . . . I'm telling you the competition for games (at least in my area) is brutal.[/QUOTE]

I have a worse (IMO) story if it makes you feel better:

Went to a sale and I found an original Star Wars land speeder for .50 that was broken. I asked the guy if he had any more Star Wars stuff and he said "Some guy just bought all of it. I had the trash compactor with the little monster, the Jawa base, Boba Fett's ship, a Millennium Falcon, and some other ships..."

ME: "If you don't mind my asking, could you tell me how much you got for them?"

"$5 for all of it. It was a couple boxes full." :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Little League World Series Baseball 2008 (Wii, Sealed) - $2

IAP from the first sale of the day Friday.

Friday Non Find BS -
Left the house at about 8:15 and was out for about 2 hours and 45 minutes. Had a list of 16 sales and got to 22 total.

One sale advertised Wii & PS2 games and started on Thursday, I didn't bother making it my first or one of my first stops but when I got to the sale they still had a good number of PS2 games marked $5 each & 1 Wii football game marked $15, if they had more Wii games marked $15 that all sold it makes me wonder who in the hell buys this stuff if it isn't something good that just came out or is a solid 1st party Nintendo game. I have seen a few bad Wii games cheap this year for $2-3 and it seems as if they tend to sit around usually at least for awhile and don't get scooped up at 8 AM like they are gold at that price.

Most expensive thing I saw was a DS Lite with 6 or 7 games for $150 with New Super Mario Bros being the best and the rest pretty much crap and all games worth about $5 each if that. One house mentioned already selling some sort of Playstation games and another a GameCube.

Crash Team Racing (In Crash Bash GH Case) - $1
Star Wars: Rebel Assault II - The Hidden Empire (PS1, Complete) - $1
N64 Gameshark - .25
The Super Mario Bros Super Show! - Mario's Magic Carpet (VHS) - .25
Final Fantasy VII (PC, I'm Pretty Sure It's Complete) - $2

GameBoy Advance SP With Soft Case & 4 Games
Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic (Xbox, PH & Complete)

$5

CTR, Star Wars: RA II & the VHS tape all from different sales and IAP. Saw the Gameshark at an unadvertised sale on a main road on top of a pile of Pokemon cards, no price no problem taking my offer of a quarter. Final Fantasy VII I saw late in the day, marked $5 figured I'd go big and try and offer a buck and was countered with $2. I saw Star Wars: KOTOR at a sale with no price by a 360 poker game and asked about older games and the guy mentioned having a GameBoy he had handy for sale but didn't actually have right out to see as it didn't have the charger with it. Turned it on nothing but figured it just needed a charge and offered $5 for KOTOR and the GameBoy stuff and the guy said they were asking $10 for the GBA stuff and was thinking for a moment and then said why not or something like that and took the offer.

Saturday Non Find BS And Then Some -
Got out the door just before 8:10 and was home a few minutes before 12. Had a list of 38 sales today, skipped one that was a ways out at one point to save time and 5 sales on my list had nothing going on. One of these 5 sales at least had the courtesy to put up a cancelled sign and another one was mentioned as being in the rear and wasen't far from a little indoor type mini flea market on the same block, this is the 2nd or 3rd address around this block that ended up being nothing over the last 2 years and I think it's the flea market deal advertising an address a few numbers off just to try and bring in traffic while trying to fool people and not letting it be obvious that it's just the same old indoor flea. Not sure about the other 3 sales as it was a nice day and while I don't remember for sure I'm thinking at least one of them paid to advertise in the paper just to not bother selling at least on Saturday if they were 2 day sales. Got to 45 sales total so 12 of them unadvertised.

I heard just about every generic no go reply once today when asking about old games. Sold last yardsale, would sell but x family member dosen't want me to sell (SNES with 15 games mentioned for this one). I have that but it's at home/parent's house (as if they would sell it if handy). I'd like to find a Nintendo (mentioned from the seller when I ask about old games), (seller replies to me with) your not the first person to ask about video games and probably a few more I'm not remembering.

The lady that mentioned having a SNES with games that said family member didn't want her to part with suggested the game store downtown as I've had suggested to me a few times while yardsaling and I told her that they are too rich for my blood (they are, they have been around now for a little over a year and a half and I haven't bought a single game from them and have only gone into the store 4 times since it's a waste of time, parking is a bitch and it's only worth going in from time to time to see what interesting old stuff may have been traded in). When I mentioned that they are overpriced the lady said that she "wheels and deals with them" as if she twists the guy's arm and puts him in a crossface chickenwing in order to make a deal. Not sure what to make of it as this guy seems more of the "it's what it's worth/goes for" type for prices that are over the online selling average at least for old games.

I had a number of houses mention selling something already but non of it sounded like much. Gameboy at one house, Gameboy games at another. The house I got Star Wars: RA II said that somebody bought a bunch of the games & DVDs already. House I got the N64 Gameshark at mentioned having 2 Playstation games that sold and one house when I asked about old games said that they sold already or something like that but it was probably something newer as they didn't have much out and had some Plug & Play stuff marked $3 and a shovelware type Wii game still (didn't see a price) the lady reacted like "we sold the Nintendo games already" but I think she meant as in video games in general not something like an old NES that sold.

For expensive stuff not much or anything way over the top just $5 games that ain't selling, I mostly saw $5 PS2 & Xbox and even one of my first stops nearby that mentioned something like "games & VHS" or something like that ended up being PS1 games at $5 a pop with the only good game being Crash Team Racing, Scrabble on the PS1 for $5 anyone, anyone.....Bueller, Bueller, Bueller? I did see some VHS tapes marked $5, they were Disney but still that sets a record for the most expensive VHS tapes I've ever seen at a yardsale by IIRC 3 bucks.

One sale I asked about older video games and the guy mentioned that the kids had some that they wanted to sell set aside but they didn't bother waking up and jokingly mentioned how he wasen't going to sell them to do the work and make them money. I've seen the one other guy at the sale and it looked like he was family, I've seen this fella at yardsales a few times and even remember him buying some SNES stuff at an auction about 4 years ago. The funny thing about the comment of not selling the kid's stuff to make them money was that they didn't have much out and had a table full of cassette tapes (all copies) and VHS tapes spread out on another table (mostly copies) like this stuff was worth putting up front and center and worth trying to sell at a yardsale in 2010 and isn't trash.

I've noticed a number of weekends this year that don't seem to have as many buyers out as I used to see on any given weekend in previous years. I think some people are tired of seeing so much stuff not marked to sell and have quit burning up the gas to go yardsaling. Too many folks figuring that something like $5 for any old PS2 game is a good price for a yardsale since video games are usually so much more at retail stores new and while I can't think of any examples it's probably how it is for other things like clothes, knick knacks etc etc etc at so many yardsales. Actually I can think of a few things I remember from this week, some tall glass cups with looney toons characters for $3 pop and yesterday I saw some of the short Garfield glass cups they sold at McDonald's in the 80s for $1.50 each. While these prices ain't super way over the top they seem like too much for a yardsale to me and I wouldn't be surprised if they would be considered overpriced by a collector that knows what this stuff is worth. If it keeps getting worse like this over the next few years it may even be much like saraAB says it is with overpriced sales around her lol. I also think that some of the regulars may be tired of going yardsaling only to run into many of the same sales again every year or even more then once a year. I've even noticed more so lately the body language of some sellers when I talk to them seems displeased or unhappy and can't help but think that this is because they piled up all of this stuff from out of the house and maybe even paid to advertise in the paper and ain't making much for all of the trouble.

One house had some DS games and some good stuff in the mix. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $5, Pokemon Platinum Version - $10 & Pokemon SoulSilver Version with Pokewalker - $15 that were the best of the bunch, but non of them had manuals. I ended up passing even if the prices weren't bad since it wasen't dirt cheap and I didn't feel like making a lower offer and trying to haggle since the kid looked like he was 7 and I have Zelda: PH which I would have still nabbed for $5 without the manual easily if I didn't have it.

When I asked about older games at one sale the lady mentioned having a Playstation & a Sega that she didn't bring out yet. After asking it sounded like a Genesis with games and she said she would have it out in about a half hour or at least by tomarrow (Sunday) I thanked her and left and didn't bother coming back. I figure someone like this isn't serious and if I did stop back chances were it wasen't rounded up yet and I figured it would be a Genesis with a few common to bad games.

Last but not least I asked about older video games at my second stop of the day and the lady mentioned having an Atari set and I'm not sure if she was thinking about something else or if she was confused but nearby in the garage was a milk crate that she grabbed and started looking through. It was a NES with accessories, TMNT II, 2 books (Mario Mania and either NES or SNES Atlas) and a Donkey Kong Country box that ended up having about 10 SNES manuals in it when opened up. After showcasing this stuff to me she said she didn't know if "they" would want to sell it. I think she asked me how much I would want to pay before getting it out and I though it was funny how she mentioned how this one was never even used (or something like that) when she saw the DKC box with the decent sized dent in the back of the box before realizing it was just full of instructions. I would have liked to have tried to buy the NP books & instructions but would feel like a desperate jerk trying to convinse this lady to let the extras go after basically telling me it's not for sale. While this lady may not have been looking to sell it out from under her kids she did give me a little of that I know nothing about this yet I don't want to sell it for less then it's worth because I've heard of eBay vibe so I figured if I wanted to be dirty and try and offer her 5 or 10 dollars for it to try and change her mind on keeping it and selling it from under the kids nose that she would most likely be disgusted with the offer.

[quote name='TiKi2']F0newearl Have you posted a pics of your collection? I would like to see it, because of all the stuff you find every week you must have one of the best collection around.[/QUOTE]

I never bothered to take a picture of my collection as it's not really set up for display like some of the impressive stuff you see in the collection thread, most of my games are stored 2 or 3 rows deep like a crowded kmart cabinet and I think the only system that ain't like that is my cart only NES games. The only picture I may still have somewhere on my harddrive is of my DS collection from a little over a year ago showing the spines of all of the games.

[quote name='slowdive21']I have a worse (IMO) story if it makes you feel better[/QUOTE]

I have something to add to make schultzed feel better. Those four SNES games you mentioned selling complete with guides for about $40-50 a pop, you could have done much worse as while they may not have been complete for me I sold Mario RPG for I can't remember but probably a few bucks to EBgames to trade towards a Sega Saturn when it came out and the other 3 all lent out at some point and never to get back. Only good thing is that I still have the boxes & or manuals for some of those games that somehow never got thrown out at some point. And on the making you feel worse side I also still have a Super Mario RPG (NP) guide I bought ages ago from Blockbuster for 7 or 8 bucks.

Has some people say that they forgotten more then you'll ever know about something I could say that I've lost more video games then some folks have ever had.

[quote name='FOnewearl']

Final Fantasy VII (PC, I'm Pretty Sure It's Complete) - $2

GameBoy Advance SP With Soft Case & 4 Games
Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic (Xbox, PH & Complete)

$5[/b]

[/QUOTE]

Nice find on FFVII . . . I remember about 4 years ago . . . I dug out my copy of FF7 PC and almost shit myself when I saw what I could get for it on fleabay. Shortly after I sold it, I found another at Goodwill which I flipped as well.

fuck, I saw a GBA SP today with one crappy game and no charger. It was marked $15 . . . I pitched $5 and they came back with $10. I just walked away.

You got it for $5 with KOTOR and Firered . . . that's a nice score.

^^^GBA advance SP. hmmm I think I got 2 of those this weekend if I remember correctly...

Do you guys have the link for the collection thread? I would like to see what serious collectors have. I am more of a recreational one when it comes to games.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^GBA advance SP. hmmm I think I got 2 of those this weekend if I remember correctly...

Do you guys have the link for the collection thread? I would like to see what serious collectors have. I am more of a recreational one when it comes to games.[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252007&page=16

The links to the page with mine on there. I suggest u start from pg 1 tho cuz there r some amazing collections here.

bread's done
Back