Official 2011-12 NFL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the Pats the game against the Colts is now flexed out of Sunday night. It's now set for 1 PM EST that week on CBS. I'm thinking either the Miami (December 24th) or the Buffalo (January 1st) games could potentially get flexed to the night game. Personally I'd like to see Pats vs Bills as the prime time game for January 1st.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Good, because neither team really deserves a prime time game at this point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because an 0-9 team and a playoff contender on a 2-game losing streak are totally in the same boat.

Jets-Pats is in primetime this week. Should they flex that one out too? :whistle2:s

I don't care much either way about the Haynesworth release, other than that the levels of "derp, told-ya-so" on DC radio will be suffocating. I guarantee you that will be discussed more this week than the Redskins. People here have an unhealthy fixation on Haynesworth.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Speaking of the Pats the game against the Colts is now flexed out of Sunday night. It's now set for 1 PM EST that week on CBS. I'm thinking either the Miami (December 24th) or the Buffalo (January 1st) games could potentially get flexed to the night game. Personally I'd like to see Pats vs Bills as the prime time game for January 1st.[/QUOTE]

That would be cool if there were a night game on either of those dates, but there isn't.

[quote name='DestroVega']That would be cool if there were a night game on either of those dates, but there isn't.[/QUOTE]

The final week's Sunday night game isn't determined until a few weeks prior so the best game can be picked. In this case the final Sunday falls on... January 1st.

[quote name='bvharris']I don't care much either way about the Haynesworth release, other than that the levels of "derp, told-ya-so" on DC radio will be suffocating. I guarantee you that will be discussed more this week than the Redskins. People here have an unhealthy fixation on Haynesworth.[/QUOTE]

You mean like the way the Patriots fans did the same thing last year with Randy Moss?

Lol Chargers still cant get their shit together sigh letting Gayders do anything they want.

lmao Hochuli with another terrible call

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the Raiders are sure trying to give this game back to SD. First Palmer throws a pick in the red zone (not really his fault because he was hit on the throw), then Lito Shepherd drops the easiest interception he'll ever have in his life, next they miss hitting Mathews for a huge loss that would have backed them up to the 1 inch line because of an off sides, and then they hold on the punt giving SD a second chance! Classic Raiders football!

Not that I have a dog in this fight as a Bears fan but damn!

Who's going to win on Sunday the Lions or Bears?

Also that UFC fight coming up with the 2 guys I think Del Toro and Chicquaya or something

I want statistics here I'm making a bet

Attention special teams coaches of the NFL. Devin Hester has been in the league since 06 and has 18 special teams td's. so, WHY DO YOU STILL KICK TO HIM??!?!

Great win by the Cowboys against a solid Buffalo Bills team. I was kind of worried about this game. We still have to see the eagles again and the giants twice though.

Great game with the Niners and Giants, was incredibly nervous at the end, but the defense didn't let the fans down. I can't believe the 49ers are 8-1, this is surreal.

Good shit Niners, even though you got away with a shit ton of holds in those last couple of mins, regardless win 1 more and you got it locked up.

Giants you have nobody to blame but yourselves for those terrible playcalls down the stretch making it twice as difficult to tie when it mattered.

Who would have thought out of all teams the Texans are 1st in the AFC

[quote name='renique46']Good shit Niners, even though you got away with a shit ton of holds in those last couple of mins, regardless win 1 more and you got it locked up.

Giants you have nobody to blame but yourselves for those terrible playcalls down the stretch making it twice as difficult to tie when it mattered.

Who would have thought out of all teams the Texans are 1st in the AFC[/QUOTE]

And the Giants got away with a fumble that was called "forward progress" when no whistles were called.

All things even out, very good game.

[quote name='ph33r m3']And the Giants got away with a fumble that was called "forward progress" when no whistles were called.

All things even out, very good game.[/QUOTE]

Looked like a fumble then again looked like forward progress just as much but either way still a good game regardless

Wow, at the beginning of the season I was rooting for the Lions because they were getting a little taste of success after so many horrible years. After today's game I hope they continue to lose because they are a bunch of dirty players coached by an a-hole. I wish Harbaugh would have gotten the chance to punch Swartz in the face.

I can't believe Stafford didn't get flagged or kicked out for his tackle on Moore. No need to be a poor sport just because you're losing.

[quote name='Chitown021']
I can't believe Stafford didn't get flagged or kicked out for his tackle on Moore. No need to be a poor sport just because you're losing.[/QUOTE]

You're not gonna get run for doing something like that during a play unless it's flagrant. Moore got ejected for coming back at him after the play was over, as he should have been.

[quote name='bvharris']You're not gonna get run for doing something like that during a play unless it's flagrant. Moore got ejected for coming back at him after the play was over, as he should have been.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with Moore getting run but I think Stafford should have at least gotten a flag for a personal foul. Suh and the gang had been hitting people late all game and then Stafford intentionally pulls Moore to the ground by grabbing his facemask and helmet.

[quote name='renique46']Wow Revis got flagged for holding im actually shocked for once.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Revis holds on almost every play. Don't get me wrong, he is hands down the best DB in the NFL, but he also gets away with more than anyone else.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm not optimistic about the Patriots' chances tonight. Here's hoping I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Never been more glad to be wrong. The Patriots have absolutely manhandled the Jets on both sides in the 2nd half.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm not optimistic about the Patriots' chances tonight. Here's hoping I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

hmm you said this and they end up owning the jets maybe you should say this more often to have some sort of voodoo reverse magic lol

[quote name='renique46']Looked like a fumble then again looked like forward progress just as much but either way still a good game regardless[/QUOTE]I think it should have been called a fumble. Forward progress stops are usually called then the offensive playing is still standing and gets driven back a few yards. On this play he went maybe a step back but it was still in the fluid motion of getting tackled.

Big news! Matt Schaub is done for the season according to Adam Schefter. Also, Matt Cassell might be done for the season.

[quote name='gravel']Big news! Matt Schaub is done for the season according to Adam Schefter. Also, Matt Cassell might be done for the season.[/QUOTE]

The Chiefs have just been decimated by injuries this year. If they had a healthy team all season I don't doubt they would have ran away with the AFC West. Really sucks for their fans.

Disappointing game yesterday for the Browns. They had the win in the palm Cribbs fumbles on a punt return to give the Rams an easy FG to take back the lead and Pontbriand fucks up the snap for the game-winning field goal. I'm glad that both of those guys are taking responsibility for their fuck ups.

The defense played well and took advantage of the mistakes that the Rams' offense made. The offensive line did much better to keep Colt protected for the most part. Pat Shurmur did a pretty good job drawing up creative plays to keep the defense off-balanced at times, though the wildcat with Cribbs didn't work for Mangini and it doesn't work for Shurmur either. Considering the issues with the running game, I was surprised that they didn't pass more in the red zone.

Though his stats may not be that impressive, Phil Dawson is two 50+ yard field goals shy of tying the record for most made in a season.

It's weird how different Denver's offense is with Tim Tebow at the helm since it's become more of a college-style option offense, as I can't recall a team that has gone to a backup QB that has had to change their style of offense so much to succeed.

^ saw the bad snap and think the kicker still probably should have made that. I know the timing was a bit off, obviously, but in the end the ball was down and held.

[quote name='gravel']Big news! Matt Schaub is done for the season according to Adam Schefter. Also, Matt Cassell might be done for the season.[/QUOTE]

And good god the damn Favre talks have started

[quote name='DestroVega']^ saw the bad snap and think the kicker still probably should have made that. I know the timing was a bit off, obviously, but in the end the ball was down and held.[/QUOTE]
He's made those kinds of kicks before, but messing up his timing can be everything to the success of a FG attempt. They've been together for nine years now, so he should've been able to recognize the obstacle and adjust the snap accordingly.

Goodness time to change to monday night raw this Green Bay dick sucking from the commentators is atrocious. You know They're Viking fans out there too that try to Watch this game Espn.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']The Chiefs have just been decimated by injuries this year. If they had a healthy team all season I don't doubt they would have ran away with the AFC West. Really sucks for their fans.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It does indeed suck. But a lot of our issues are stuff the injuries don't affect. Dropped passes, bad pass protection, poor play calling, etc.

But we like to reassure ourselves our season would be different if we had everyone...

[quote name='renique46']Goodness time to change to monday night raw this Green Bay dick sucking from the commentators is atrocious. You know They're Viking fans out there too that try to Watch this game Espn.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely cannot stand Jon Gruden's commentary. He's like that friend in your group who's always been right about a team's success, was a fan before they started winning, and supported what they did to become winners. The sad thing is that he leaves you with the impression that he's only a fan of the game and wasn't a coach for however many years he was. He's the ultimate fanboy and really has no credibility.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']The Chiefs have just been decimated by injuries this year. If they had a healthy team all season I don't doubt they would have ran away with the AFC West. Really sucks for their fans.[/QUOTE]

Not really an excuse though, no one has been ravaged by injury more than the Giants, who play in a much harder division, and still found a way to go 6-3.

So, I've noticed something kind of interesting. Every team that was doing well before the 49ers played and beat them, have gone on a downward spiral since the game. Eagles, Bucs, and Lions. While the only team that's doing well after playing the Niners is the Bengals.

Bad week for QBs continues: Roethlisberger broke his thumb, and Vick broke his ribs. Stafford also revealed he was playing with a broken finger from two weeks prior.

[quote name='gravel']Bad week for QBs continues: Roethlisberger broke his thumb, and Vick broke his ribs. Stafford also revealed he was playing with a broken finger from two weeks prior.[/QUOTE]

Nice, so both of the QB's on my roster are beat up... I'll have to scout waivers to see what's out there. I think the best options are Vince Young, Carson Palmer, Dalton, or maybe Skelton or Leinert?

[quote name='Beatofficer']So, I've noticed something kind of interesting. Every team that was doing well before the 49ers played and beat them, have gone on a downward spiral since the game. Eagles, Bucs, and Lions. While the only team that's doing well after playing the Niners is the Bengals.[/QUOTE]

Eagles never were really doing well though.

[quote name='gravel']Bad week for QBs continues: Roethlisberger broke his thumb, and Vick broke his ribs. Stafford also revealed he was playing with a broken finger from two weeks prior.[/QUOTE]

yeah, what the fuck. Starting Stafford over Romo basically lost me a fantasy game this week, which I would not had done had they disclosed his injury... what good are the injury reports for if they don't disclose everything?

[quote name='DestroVega']

yeah, what the fuck. Starting Stafford over Romo basically lost me a fantasy game this week, which I would not had done had they disclosed his injury... what good are the injury reports for if they don't disclose everything?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was funny this week the way the Chiefs tried to hide Matt Cassell's injury. He was on the radio Monday morning and wouldn't really talk about his hand. He just kept saying it was a "medical decision" to pull him from the game and that he would be preparing this week like he was going to start. Then by late afternoon the reports were out that he had likely suffered a season ending injury.

[quote name='DestroVega']Not really an excuse though, no one has been ravaged by injury more than the Giants, who play in a much harder division, and still found a way to go 6-3.[/QUOTE]

The Giants have had more injuries overall but the Chiefs have had more key injuries. I mean 3 or their top 4 offensive players (and arguably the best RB in the league) are done for the year half way through the season.

I really didn't like Tebow in college but now I find him and his situation at Denver pretty amusing.

Every week the ESPN commentators go on and on about him not being capable of being an NFL quarterback and yet he's winning games in the most inconceivable ways.

It's not even the idea of him being an underdog, it just seems like he's trolling [most] ESPN commentators in real life, which becomes funnier and funnier each week.

I'm just waiting for him to win a game in which he completes like 7% of his passes with two INTs. I can only hope that later that week he will randomly stroll in front of the camera during a filming of NFL Live...

hatersgonnahateb.gif

[quote name='blindinglights']I really didn't like Tebow in college but now I find him and his situation at Denver pretty amusing.

Every week the ESPN commentators go on and on about him not being capable of being an NFL quarterback and yet he's winning games in the most inconceivable ways.

It's not even the idea of him being an underdog, it just seems like he's trolling [most] ESPN commentators in real life, which becomes funnier and funnier each week.

I'm just waiting for him to win a game in which he completes like 7% of his passes with two INTs. I can only hope that later that week he will randomly stroll in front of the camera during a filming of NFL Live...

[/QUOTE]

As a Broncos fan, I find it hilarious. Dude just wins, it's unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back