Official 2011-12 NFL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Soodmeg']LDT, that fuck doesnt deserve the LT nickname. Of course its extremely classy to throw people under the bus....LDT is one of the worst people in the NFL, I wish he would retire so I never have to hear of him again.[/QUOTE]

He certainly won't be back with the Jets after this. But he speaks the truth, this is the team Woody Johnson and everyone below him wanted. They are a mess, you can only coach and organize a team like this for a very short time before it flames out.

[quote name='kill3r7']Bonuses do not count against the cap but either way the bonus is a lot of dough for any owner to shell out.[/QUOTE]

That is not correct. Teams would circumvent the cap by paying their players $1 and having all their pay doled out by easy to reach bonuses. I believe his bonus is spread out evenly among his remaining years although I'm not 100% on that last point

[quote name='kill3r7']Bonuses do not count against the cap but either way the bonus is a lot of dough for any owner to shell out.[/QUOTE]
The cap hits on bonuses are prorated over the life of the deal, but when you cut or trade a guy the balance of those bonuses is immediately applied to your cap. On top of that, Manning's bonus date is before the 2012 league year starts, so he can't be traded until after the bonus kicks in.

If the Colts traded Manning, their 2012 cap charge would be 38.8 million. Luck's cap charge would be approximately 6 on top of that. In real dollars, they would have to pay his 28.8 million bonus plus Andrew Luck's ~15 million signing bonus and salary, about 44 million.

If the Colts kept Manning, his cap hit would be about 17 million, his real dollars would be 35.4 million. Combined with Luck, the cap hit for both would be 23 million and about 50 million dollars in real money.

If the Colts cut Manning before the option bonus kicks in, his cap hit would be about 16 million, because of his signing bonus. Real dollars in 2012 would be 0 since they've already paid that.

The league and PA determined that they would not be allowed to renegotiate that date, due to the complex way it was structured it would violate the CBA if that were allowed. Manning will almost certainly be cut.

matthewstweet.jpg

[quote name='pitfallharry219']
matthewstweet.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Bahaha, watching the whole video through is just laughs. She also thought wearing a Matthews jersey and not a Rogers jersey is what caused them to lose. :rofl:

Even though I love defense Ed Reed, Suggs and the rest of the buch, I cant stand Ray Lewis so I want them to lose.

Cant want until this 49ers game though.

Why not line up and pretend to go for it there??? A 5 yard delay of game penalty means nothing but if someone on the Pats jumps you get a free set of downs. The Ravens need to be more aggressive and try everything if they are going to win.

Vince Wilfork has played better in this game than pretty much every other Patriot combined (especially if you don't include Green-Ellis).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What a terrible kick to lose on.[/QUOTE]

No matter what happens in the Super Bowl, it can't be worse for my blood pressure than this game was.

Harbaugh should've used his timeout there to slow things down a tiny bit. That play happened all too fast.

But still...

fuck Billy Cundiff!

So, I'm not afraid to admit I'm rooting for the Niners here. I know some Pats fans might want revenge for 42, but I want no part of watching 2 weeks of highlights of that game, nor do I want any part of Eli and those receivers against this Patriots secondary.

[quote name='bvharris']So, I'm not afraid to admit I'm rooting for the Niners here. I know some Pats fans might want revenge for 42, but I want no part of watching 2 weeks of highlights of that game, nor do I want any part of Eli and those receivers against this Patriots secondary.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

[quote name='bvharris']Mostly, I'm glad I can watch this game without having seventeen heart attacks. I need two weeks just to recover from that game.[/QUOTE]

amen, try watching it with 10 guys cheering against your team

[quote name='jlarlee']amen, try watching it with 10 guys cheering against your team[/QUOTE]

Precisely why I turned down several invitations to watch this game at a bar and instead watched it hunkered down alone, going insane every 15 seconds like some sort of demented bridge troll. Too many Ravens fans near me, even in DC. I'd already had enough of it all week.

[quote name='bvharris']Precisely why I turned down several invitations to watch this game at a bar and instead watched it hunkered down alone, going insane every 15 seconds like some sort of demented bridge troll. Too many Ravens fans near me, even in DC. I'd already had enough of it all week.[/QUOTE]

No Ravens fans here just a lot of Pats hate. If I could have watched it anywhere else I would have.

That was a tough loss. The Ravens need to revamp their left side of the line based on the last three or four weeks. My Ravens had a hell of a year, it hurts to see it go to waste the same way as the past few seasons. I know it seems odd to doubt the Patriots after today, but I think both the 49ers or Giants can and will beat the Patriots. The game plan is out there, all that they need to do is execute in the clutch, unlike my Ravens.

[quote name='dwmacfar2']That was a tough loss. The Ravens need to revamp their left side of the line based on the last three or four weeks. My Ravens had a hell of a year, it hurts to see it go to waste the same way as the past few seasons. I know it seems odd to doubt the Patriots after today, but I think both the 49ers or Giants can and will beat the Patriots. The game plan is out there, all that they need to do is execute in the clutch, unlike my Ravens.[/QUOTE]

Brady won't have two bad games in a row

[quote name='jlarlee']Brady won't have two bad games in a row[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that, we'll see. Both those teams have a good pass rush.

Saying either of those teams "will" beat the Patriots is pretty stupid, obviously, but either of them definitely could.

[quote name='bvharris']Anyone know hard it's raining in San Fran? Kind of tough to tell on TV.[/QUOTE]

Sprinkling, but suppose to pick up quite a bit in 2nd half

Though I am pleased to see the Sad Eli face today, I think Pats vs Eli at Indy in the Super Bowl would be the ultimate fuck you to Colts fans. I suppose they would pull for Eli anyway though.

[quote name='bvharris']I don't know about that, we'll see. Both those teams have a good pass rush.

Saying either of those teams "will" beat the Patriots is pretty stupid, obviously, but either of them definitely could.[/QUOTE]

My prediction is they will beat them. However, to say that the Patriots will lose no matter what is of course silly. I just feel that both the 49ers and Giants have a pass rush to get to the quarterback and cause Brady the same trouble. Still, congrats to the Pats fan and good luck to the '9ers and Giants fans today/

I don't watch ffotball until the playoffs. Is this Alex Smith guy just the Tebow that Tebow needs to be to be a better player?

[quote name='dafoomie']Though I am pleased to see the Sad Eli face today, I think Pats vs Eli at Indy in the Super Bowl would be the ultimate fuck you to Colts fans. I suppose they would pull for Eli anyway though.[/QUOTE]

But if NY made it, it'd mean Manning would be there for the Coin Toss, probably.

Pats D played pretty well so I cant hate. Although once again, I am confused at how you can throw the ball so often without a single passing penalty. Seriously, is offensive holding just not called anymore?

I wont root for the Ravens until after Ray Lewis retires....which sucks because Reed will probably retire about the same time. If only he could get a ring without Lewis I feel pretty good. Ravens lost because they didnt give the ball enough to Ray Rice.

Here is hoping that the 49ers pull this out! Need more Frank Gore.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, if not only the NFC won the SB but did so convincingly. Both teams i saw out there today played like they had no business playing for the AFC championship.

[quote name='usickenme']Another BS pats win, only 1 penalty? I saw 3 in the Ravens last drive.[/QUOTE]

I saw that too, they committed about 6 penalties on those last 2 drives and should be thanking the stars Baltimore somehow still choked it away

[quote name='dafoomie']Though I am pleased to see the Sad Eli face today, I think Pats vs Eli at Indy in the Super Bowl would be the ultimate fuck you to Colts fans. I suppose they would pull for Eli anyway though.[/QUOTE]

The joke's on you. Colts fans stopped caring by October. To them, there was no season this year. :lol:

I dont understand why the refs blow everything dead instantly. Why dont you let it run out and then reverse it if its wrong on replay. I hate the gmen but they just got robbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back