Official 2011-2012 NBA Season thread

The lakers are done son. Kobe is banged up before the season even started, Bynum is a bipolar joke at best. Their guards are shit, there back up big men are shit. Lakers got screwed when that deal didnt go through but they will be luck to get a 6 seed this year.

Thunder - Heat (maybe Bulls if a lot of things go right for them)

Heat wins, Bron finals mvp
Season MVP Bron

Bron has been working on a lot of things this off season, I think he will surprise all of his doubters and really take off. Plus they have a lot of good talent on that team.

I fully admit this is a biased pick, but I am picking a rematch with Dallas winning again in 6. Losing Chandler hurts a lot, and they didn't really address that loss, but they did address most of their other glaring weaknesses.

[quote name='Soodmeg']The lakers are done son. Kobe is banged up before the season even started, Bynum is a bipolar joke at best. Their guards are shit, there back up big men are shit. Lakers got screwed when that deal didnt go through but they will be luck to get a 6 seed this year.

Thunder - Heat (maybe Bulls if a lot of things go right for them)

Heat wins, Bron finals mvp
Season MVP Bron

Bron has been working on a lot of things this off season, I think he will surprise all of his doubters and really take off. Plus they have a lot of good talent on that team.[/QUOTE]

Dallas got worse with losing Chandler and OKC are not as good as ppl make them out to be. SO that just leaves the Lakers in West(plus we GONNA get Dwight Howard w/ Brooke Lopez injury for the net:booty:)

Supposely LeBron has been working on this postgame. We'll see how much improve he gets.

[quote name='lordopus99']I am going out on a limb.
Finals: LAC vs Miami - Lebron finally gets ring
MVP: Chris Paul[/QUOTE]

Chris Broussard is that you?!!! jk

[quote name='j.t']Dallas got worse with losing Chandler and OKC are not as good as ppl make them out to be. SO that just leaves the Lakers in West(plus we GONNA get Dwight Howard w/ Brooke Lopez injury for the net:booty:)

Supposely LeBron has been working on this postgame. We'll see how much improve he gets.[/QUOTE]

The Lakers will have to empty what is left in the cupboard (Bynum and Gasol) to get Dwight. The combo of Dwight/Kobe will be good, but the surrounding pieces won't be enough to support them going forward, if the trade happens.

OKC and Dallas will be still better teams than the Lakers with Dwight.

Bynum is so over rated. He hasnt really done shit in the NBA his entire career. A career 10 ppg and 7 rebounds for a 7 footer that averages 25 plus minutes a game?

Unless you are one of those idiot potential guys then the guy is worthless. No one is going to want to trade for Bynum and Gasol beacuse Gasol is at the end of his career and Bynum is a very under preforming player. They will be lucky if someone takes them off their hands.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Bynum is so over rated. He hasnt really done shit in the NBA his entire career. A career 10 ppg and 7 rebounds for a 7 footer that averages 25 plus minutes a game?

Unless you are one of those idiot potential guys then the guy is worthless. No one is going to want to trade for Bynum and Gasol beacuse Gasol is at the end of his career and Bynum is a very under preforming player. They will be lucky if someone takes them off their hands.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The Magic have no reason whatsoever to trade Howard for them. Both teams would, actually, be worse off after the trade. The Lakers would lose all the (good) height they have, and still have absolutely no depth (they'd have to take Hedo too) and the Magic would have an immature and overrated center and an "I'm going over the hill soon" power forward.

[quote name='renique46']gotta feel for Rockets, if that deal had gone through they would have had twin towers in the Gasol brothers.[/QUOTE]

Rockets were never going to get Marc Gasol after the Grizzlies did so well last season. He was a RFA and they were going to match whatever offers came his way. Pau was ripped from their hands though, which is a shame.

So excited for Bulls @ Lakers! The NBA has been gone for far too long.

Can't wait to see Rip in his first official game as a Bull. I'm expecting big things from him this season and hoping he is the missing piece for the Bulls to reach the next step.
Tomorrow schedule

Celtics Vs. Knicks
Mavericks Vs. Heat
Bulls Vs. Lakers
Magic Vs. Thunder
Clipper Vs. Warriors

Its going to be a great fucking Christmas!:drool:

I love how Miami is straight up embarrassing Dallas. If James and Wade had played like this in the Finals they might have actually won a ring together.

Dallas looks like they need about 15 games together before they start clicking on all cylinders. Too many new pieces to think they are just going to get off to a smoking hot start like they did last year.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I love how Miami is straight up embarrassing Dallas. If James and Wade had played like this in the Finals they might have actually won a ring together.

Dallas looks like they need about 15 games together before they start clicking on all cylinders. Too many new pieces to think they are just going to get off to a smoking hot start like they did last year.[/QUOTE]

I think I'd blame it more on old age than unfamiliarity. It's going to take them awhile to get into top playing shape.

What? WHAT!! Come on ref dude travel. Okay we gave that one away but it's whatever. It's coach browns fault u suck

It's actually Kobe's fault. Why do they run that isolation play for him at the end of the game? Hahaha whatever, great opening day win for DA BULLS! WOOOT

I like the bulls but holy shit @ that late game ref assist,definitely had no business winning that. Mr potato head 0-1 so far. Nice to also see KG is still a piece of shit.

My man D. Rose is the MAN, hitting the winning shot. I was jumping up and down like crazy after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdcrwh8QvM4

Massive Bulls fan here so I was happy.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
Dallas looks like they need about 15 games together before they start clicking on all cylinders. Too many new pieces to think they are just going to get off to a smoking hot start like they did last year.[/QUOTE]
I will agree with you there. They just need time to play together and everything should click again.

Yeah I know it was Kobe's fault. In the final 20 sec. kobe had the ball passed the halfdourt line, he didn't need to pass the ball you could've let the time expired game over if they didn't foul. Coach Brown still suck

[quote name='renique46']I like the bulls but holy shit @ that late game ref assist,definitely had no business winning that. Mr potato head 0-1 so far. Nice to also see KG is still a piece of shit.[/QUOTE]

You'd be pissed if you got blatantly fouled on the game winning shot and then the scrub who fouled you started talking shit too. Bill Walker always steps over the line when playing the C's because they shipped him to NY when they sucked ass. Now they're all big because they bought a few stars and he thinks he's king of the damn mountain.

Horrible reffing in most of the games I saw today.

Of course it was probably a foul but its the pot calling the kettle black, KG is the last person to try to get pissed about a non call and start something after all the times hes fouled someone and talked shit to them like hes some sort of goddamn saint. Nice to see the refs off to the usual awful start though. Could have sworn they changed the rule and stopped giving players a shooting foul for the whole jumping into players,jump through arms type of foul, yet ive seen alot of players today go to the line :roll:

Great to have the NBA back. Miami looks scary as hell but Dallas will gel as the season continues.

Might as well do it, finals prediction after day 1: OKC v. Miami with Miami winning the title

Thought this before the season btw, the game today didn't have an impact on the decision. Also while D Rose's timing of the 3's he took today was a little off, his stroke was as smooth as silk. That's scary if he continues to have that sick of a jumper... there will be no way to stop him.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Bynum is so over rated. He hasnt really done shit in the NBA his entire career. A career 10 ppg and 7 rebounds for a 7 footer that averages 25 plus minutes a game?

Unless you are one of those idiot potential guys then the guy is worthless. No one is going to want to trade for Bynum and Gasol beacuse Gasol is at the end of his career and Bynum is a very under preforming player. They will be lucky if someone takes them off their hands.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I ABHOR Bynum, so freaking overrated. People still cream themselves over the 'potential', but seriously, he's an ape that uses his athleticism for really minimal production. He's showed SOME signs of breakout, but it's been 6 years, either he develops or doesn't. Considering his tude, I say not.

KG really gets me. Some of the stuff he does... Straight up thug. You could argue it's part of his 'passion', but I'd rather see that in production than barking like a dog. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT8qLg2NjnQ The media gets on his jock and actually PRAISES him for some of that shit, (those screens are CHEAP AS HELL), I call it pretty classless. He was mad he missed the shot, Walker was just a convenient alibi. Props to Walker and Davis for not taking Garnett's shit like that lol.
Finals: OKC V Miami/Bulls/NYC (seems like a copout but I could see either 3 getting hot come playoff time)
Winner: OKC if facing the Bulls or NYC. Miami beats them.
MVP: Durant

Damn Lakers looked terrible without Kobe on the floor tonight. Maybe Bynum will add some offensive but you can't expect much.:cry: It looks like as though they're going to have a tough time coming together as a team with this roster.

rondonose_medium.gif

blood_1_medium.jpg

LOL

[quote name='thamaster24']Great to have the NBA back. Miami looks scary as hell but Dallas will gel as the season continues.

Might as well do it, finals prediction after day 1: OKC v. Miami with Miami winning the title

Thought this before the season btw, the game today didn't have an impact on the decision. Also while D Rose's timing of the 3's he took today was a little off, his stroke was as smooth as silk. That's scary if he continues to have that sick of a jumper... there will be no way to stop him.[/QUOTE]
I would not pencil in Miami yet. The thing is, EVERYONE continues to put Lebron James team in the finals as him winning the championship due to how well he's playing. But every time he's in the finals or in the 2nd or 3rd round, he'll have those times he fails the carry the team and ends up choking. He's been doing that WAY too many times now. It's why he can never win a championship because he never successfully carries the team on his back every game.

Good game from Turkoglu last night. Magic can have a good season if he can play at that level consistently like he did in 2009.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Best game I've seen so far was the Miami Dallas game...it was just so fun to watch a team play as well as the Heat did that night.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say but that was not a good game. Miami played great but Dallas looked awful. They followed that up with a worse performance last night against Denver. So what does that really say about Miami?

[quote name='renique46']
rondonose_medium.gif

blood_1_medium.jpg

LOL[/QUOTE]

He still got his 31 and 13, so its cool. He just need a bit of a breather from running a clinic on the Knicks.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Good game from Turkoglu last night. Magic can have a good season if he can play at that level consistently like he did in 2009.[/QUOTE]
So Von Wafer slashes in the first game cleanup time (9 points, 100% shooting) so now he continues to get benched... The Van Gundy way.

The big question is will we ever see Daniel Orton? Howard off the court really scares me about this team since they play Big Baby as a Center. Biggest mistake trading Gortat.

[quote name='lordopus99']So Von Wafer slashes in the first game cleanup time (9 points, 100% shooting) so now he continues to get benched... The Van Gundy way.

The big question is will we ever see Daniel Orton? Howard off the court really scares me about this team since they play Big Baby as a Center. Biggest mistake trading Gortat.[/QUOTE]

It'll get worse before it gets better. Van Gundy will start to make him only shoot 3s and he'll start to lose that slashing way.

Man that Bulls/Warriors game was ugly last night. Bulls played like complete shit. You know when Boozer, who is your teams supposed second scoring option scores only 6 pts your in for a long night.#-o

The positive from that game was at least Luol Deng had another good game. Deng = Mr. Consistent at the moment.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Man that Bulls/Warriors game was ugly last night. Bulls played like complete shit. You know when Boozer, who is your teams supposed second scoring option scores only 6 pts your in for a long night.#-o

The positive from that game was at least Luol Deng had another good game. Deng = Mr. Consistent at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I get looks of blasphemy whenever I say this, but I seriously think he's their best player (certainly most versatile). Atleast until Rose gets a good jumper that is.

As a long time Kings fan, it's bad to say, but last nights win is the only win I need this year. Kobe is becoming a poison to the Lakers, his % was terrible and his attitude seems to be getting worse.

Just saw the KG/Walker incident again on TNT and I just noticed that Walker pushed KG right after the buzzer before KG did anything. Yup, KG is the scumbag in that altercation. :roll:

A lot of whistles early on in the C's/Heat game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know its only two games in for the season, but I like what I am am seeing from Norris Cole so far for the Heat. If he can keep up this pace and keep improving he might be just what the Heat have been looking to find for situations like tonight.

LeBron and Wade were having a horrible 4th quarter and Cole stepped up and took over the scoring with the game on the line. I've never trusted Bosh as a viable third scoring option. Cole seems like he might at least have the potential to become that player that the Heat need.

Magic put a beatdown on the Nets tonight.

Hopefully that will help convince Howard and Williams that they should ride out this year and team up on Orlando.

Magic + Williams >>>>> Nets + Howard. Starting line up of Williams, Howard, Richardson, Turkoglu (or whoever at the 3) and Anderson would be a strong title contender.

I hope Howard leaves to be honest. I dont know, I really hate when a team waste a players talent an time. Yes, they are getting paid but I can only imagine when your range of playing is roughly 5-14 years before your spine breaks I feel for them. This is another classic situation, you have had Howard for 7(ish??) years now. Just like how the Cavs had bron bron for 7....how long does the guy have to stay around.

I think the only thing that is holding this up is the fact that the Magic cant find a good deal. People know he is probably going to leave at the end of the year so they are not willing to give up half there team for a play of his caliber when they themselves could get burn if he doesnt sign.

The Magic are bold me thinks. No chance of winning the title this year, very little chance for him to come back, very little chance for a good deal.

We'll see. The Magic have put decent talent around Howard IMO, just terrible coaching. And Howard hasn't improved all that much offensively honestly. Last year was probably his best year and he still only averaged around 22.9 points a game IIRC. So he's partly to blame. If he'd developed some more low post moves or improved his free throw shooting, they'd probably have a title by now.

In any case, the Magic haven't had any good offers yet--Brooke Lopez and Bynum are garbage. So they should just ride it out. If it's clear Howard is not going to resign, those deals will still be there at the trade deadline if nothing better comes along. So just no reason to deal him now. Keep him around, hope the team does well this year and maybe they can resign him by luring Williams as a free agent. And plenty of time to deal him before the deadline if it's clear that's not going to happen.

Nice 4th quarter comeback by the Magic. Where down 11 to start the quarter, but outscored the Raptors 24-7 to win 102-96.

Anderson, Redick and Turkoglu all hit big shots and continue to play well this year.

Magic just need to work on playing full 4 quarter games though. Seems like the struggle a quarter or two every game.

OKC is my team to watch this year. Love Durant and he's a classy human being. They seem to be suffering the same problems they had during the playoffs. To many turnovers and to eager to shoot the rock from deep. Westbrook needs to grow up a bit.

bread's done
Back