Official 2011-2012 NBA Season thread

Wow, Magic beat Detroit by 30 even without Howard and Turkoglu. Anderson was back though, which is good as I thought his ankle was going to keep him out longer than this.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']The split was definitely coming. What's interesting is that they aren't just releasing him. Seems like they want to hold on to him as a potential trade chip for the off-season.[/QUOTE]

Yup. And he couldn't join with another team anyway, so he had no reason to push for the release, so it makes sense.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']The split was definitely coming. What's interesting is that they aren't just releasing him. Seems like they want to hold on to him as a potential trade chip for the off-season.[/QUOTE]

I think it is because they missed the window where they could release him and take a lesser cap hit. By trading him for a pick I am assuming they either want the pick or want to mitigate the cap hit that L.O. is going to cause.

Glad to see that Odom is gone because he has been a joke all season long. He stunk it up non stop, put out absolutely minimal effort all season, and then wondered why people booed him. I hope he comes back next year and sucks just as bad as he did this year. Brandan Wright is much more deserving of his playing time and shows every time he hits the court he wants to play for the Mavs and wants to show everyone he wasn't a lottery bust.

Celtics beat the Heat, 115-107. It was a really good game and the Celtics looked to be at top form. They'll play 5 in 6, meeting the Hawks at home tomorrow, a day of rest and then their lone B2B2B facing 3 basement dwellers.

Edit: Rondo's had 18 games with 10+ assists straight now too. He's leading the league with 11.2 per game.

I'm glad to see that the Cavs have finally found a PG to back-up Kyrie Irving to fill in the role left behind by Ramon Sessions. Lester Hudson's been a huge contributor with Kyrie out for a bit and he's been nearly as clutch as the guy he's been replacing, so I'm happy to see somebody taking advantage of the opportunity to show what they can do.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm glad to see that the Cavs have finally found a PG to back-up Kyrie Irving to fill in the role left behind by Ramon Sessions. Lester Hudson's been a huge contributor with Kyrie out for a bit and he's been nearly as clutch as the guy he's been replacing, so I'm happy to see somebody taking advantage of the opportunity to show what they can do.[/QUOTE]

I actually went to jr. high with Hudson. I remember him because he was one of the few who could dunk. Last time I saw him was about two years ago in a Family Dollar. He was playing for the Grizzlies that season. I'm glad to see he is taking advantage of the opportunity given to him because he has taken a long road to where he is now.

Hey guys, what do you think the status quo of the 6th man? It's amazing to me how the role has changed. Look at how many former starters are coming off the bench: OJ Mayo, Zach Randolph, Ray Allen, and now the Knicks are contemplating Amare coming off the bench once he gets back!

Amare coming off the bench would probably be best for the Knicks actually. Have him replace Chandler and let him play 5. He's not as quick as he used to be and when he was kicking ass early last year.

Mayo/Randolph play for the same team. Both can't be 6th man. :D

And as far as Odom goes dude been through alot of shit through out this year and people expected him to somehow overcome it, then again i dont expect dallas fans to understand since they did boo him but usually they do talk out of their ass so its nothing new. Odom probably needs a personal break from bball

[quote name='advanced']Celtics beat the Heat, 115-107. It was a really good game and the Celtics looked to be at top form. They'll play 5 in 6, meeting the Hawks at home tomorrow, a day of rest and then their lone B2B2B facing 3 basement dwellers.

Edit: Rondo's had 18 games with 10+ assists straight now too. He's leading the league with 11.2 per game.[/QUOTE]

C's won a grinder @ Home. One of the worst officiated of the year. Rondo managed to work up a Triple double (10pts. 10rebs. 20ast)

[quote name='renique46']And as far as Odom goes dude been through alot of shit through out this year and people expected him to somehow overcome it, then again i dont expect dallas fans to understand since they did boo him but usually they do talk out of their ass so its nothing new. Odom probably needs a personal break from bball[/QUOTE]

Seems like every Laker that gets traded or gets rumor of being trade has a lot of "problems" happen.

Man just end the season already...other than the east being pants on head retarded with only 3 teams being of any interest the west playoff run should be sweet.

[quote name='renique46']And as far as Odom goes dude been through alot of shit through out this year and people expected him to somehow overcome it, then again i dont expect dallas fans to understand since they did boo him but usually they do talk out of their ass so its nothing new. Odom probably needs a personal break from bball[/QUOTE]

Put up or shut up. Players from all sports go through shit in a season, dude needs to stop being a bitch. He is getting paid to play a sport, if he can't play he needs to let his team know and suck it up. Hell they even let him leave for awhile before the all-star break to deal with his problems. Probably had to film more shows with his wife, lol. You say we don't know what we are talking about? You don't know shit.

Lamarcus Aldridge is done for the season with hip surgery. Knowing the Blazers, they'll find a way to keep him re-injuring himself for the next three years before he decides to retire.

Maloofs, causing disappointment to the people of Sacramento for the last 10 years. Completely backed out of the deal to keep the Kings in Sacramento, backtracking and lying. ugh

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man just end the season already...other than the east being pants on head retarded with only 3 teams being of any interest the west playoff run should be sweet.[/QUOTE]

I don't see that this year honestly. The East and West standings are pretty equivalent for once. It's not the typical situation of recent years where the East has 2 or 3 teams with losing records in the playoffs.

As far as contenders I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bulls, Heat, Celtics or Magic (if they get healthy) get on a roll and win the east, or the Thunder, Lakers or Spurs win the West.

I think both sides of the playoffs should be very competitive this year as there isn't a clear dominate team, nor any sub .500 awful teams in the playoff picture.

[quote name='62t']http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/4/1...the-curious-case-of-greg-oden-and-zig-ziegler

Good read on Greg Oden and Portland medical staff[/QUOTE]

This article does point out what everyone has known for a really long time, and that is you don't ever trust a Trail Blazer's doctor. Just ask Bill Walton. It really is a shame that their organization doesn't handle medical care like they should. Paul Allen should just buy out PHX's staff. Sarver is a cheapass so they probably could get them for a reasonable price.

Also, was Roy actually amnestied? I didn't think that they actually used the clause on him, but I see conflicting information online. I know he did the medical retirement, and I didn't think they amnestied him.

Edit: I guess he was. I didn't realize they cut him after he retired.

fuck the Maloofs.

I guess I might have to find a new team to root for next year...

Sucks because right when we were starting to find an identity with Isaiah Thomas and Cousins, they back out of the deal.

Because 3 teams in Los Angeles is really a good idea. :roll:

[quote name='antlp89']fuck the Maloofs.

I guess I might have to find a new team to root for next year...

Sucks because right when we were starting to find an identity with Isaiah Thomas and Cousins, they back out of the deal.

Because 3 teams in Los Angeles is really a good idea. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Living in Sacramento, this is causing absolute heartbreak. The Maloofs are the worst kind of owner.

Because the Charlotte Bobcats.

I went to today's Bobcats-Celtics game to be disappointed that Pierce and Garnett didn't even fly here. Oh well. During the 4th quarter a guy won 3 prizes (a gift bag, a signed team ball (LOL) and an iPad). He was given the choice of taking those prizes or giving everyone in attendance free tickets to tomorrow's game vs. the Hornets. Considering the fans told him loud and clear 'we don't want to see this shitty team 2 days in a row,' he abliged, but the team did not.

So I now have tickets to tomorrow's game vs. the Hornets where they try to set the team record for consecutive losses in a season (17), which they matched tonight. The other time they lost 16 games in a row during season? Earlier this season.

Magic just can't get a break on the injury front.

Hedo's out indefinitely with the facial fracture, Howard has a herniated disc rather than back spasms, and is also out indefinitely. Van Gundy said he's preparing for them both to be out the rest of the season.

And now Glen Davis sprained his knee yesterday.

Utah should be ashamed of themselves to even allow this game get into double OT. It's like they don't give a shit that they have a shot at playoff contention.

[quote name='KingBroly']Because the Charlotte Bobcats.

[/QUOTE]

That makes no sense. Terrible basketball team does not equal terrible businessman. The Maloofs still owe Sacramento 75 million from when they bought the team and people continue to lend them money to fund their basketball operation, none of which they will ever get back. Jordan by comparison is fucking Jordan, a global brand and icon. That Nike money ain't going to stop flowing in by the truckloads anytime soon.

3 OT's for Dallas/Utah. Really surprised this game has gone as long as it did, since it looked like Utah had it sewn up on several occasions.

knicks fan: "It's all Melos fault we didn't win by 20, he should have had a quadruple double instead he only got a triple double"

Rondo was wrecked at the end of that game. Those last two Novak three's aren't as easy if he gets up on his assignment after a switch.

Good shooting from the Knicks though. Crazy good.

[quote name='renique46']knicks fan: "It's all Melos fault we didn't win by 20, he should have had a quadruple double instead he only got a triple double"[/QUOTE]

I am being serious...so where fuck exactly are all those people who were smashing my face in about Melo earlier in the thread? All jokes aside. It was never even about Melo in the first place but nooooooo thats what you wanted to harp on. Melo this Melo that.

Since then he has had some damn good games...winning clutch 4th qrt, trip dubs..etc etc.

Come on now...at least defend your original points. :roll:

Really quick...if you want to blame anyone I say Fields...he is plus 10 in EFF but man that guy seems like he never does anything worth anything. 9 points a game 3 rb 4 asst? He does nothing ever....and he isnt a lock down defender like Shane Battier or something...the guy is just a heartbeat.

Last 4 games...2...4....4...11. I have nothing really against the guy but man....Novak is outshining him.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am being serious...so where fuck exactly are all those people who were smashing my face in about Melo earlier in the thread? All jokes aside. It was never even about Melo in the first place but nooooooo thats what you wanted to harp on. Melo this Melo that.

Since then he has had some damn good games...winning clutch 4th qrt, trip dub..etc etc.

Come on now...at least defend your original points. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Fixed that. :lol: He's only had 1 with the Knicks (and 2 in his career).

You probably meant Dub-dubs?

Solid effort from the Magic in a 4pt loss at Boston last night. Boston pulled away 3 or 4 times but they kept fighting and getting back in the game despite still being with out Turkoglu or Howard.

Davis' knee sprain thankfully wasn't major and he had a hell of a game last night. Team is showing the faulty offensive scheme of dumping it to Howard so much as players like Davis and Anderson are doing a great job scoring inside now that they're getting a chance rather than just spotting up for kick outs when Howard get's doubled.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am being serious...so where fuck exactly are all those people who were smashing my face in about Melo earlier in the thread? All jokes aside. It was never even about Melo in the first place but nooooooo thats what you wanted to harp on. Melo this Melo that.

Since then he has had some damn good games...winning clutch 4th qrt, trip dubs..etc etc.

Come on now...at least defend your original points. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Come on Spike Lee. No need to continue pretending you aren't a Knicks fan.

Melo changed coaches. Woodson allows him to ISO; thus = better shooting.

Trip Dub night... Paul Pierce scored 43 (highest on the year), after missing a game (last time he scored 30+ was in March against the Bobcats; they only have 7 wins... yes 7 wins). Yep, still Melo.
Fun Fact: Pierce has 3 of his 6 30+ games (on the season) against Melo and the Knicks.:applause:

Even more proof of Melo still Melo...
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...331234.html;_ylt=Ajov27CEFrWyTlr0e0X3v1XLPKB4

That Melo portrait reminded me of why I hate Melo. He's so full of himself (on LBJ levels) without half the (LBJ) talent.

And its horribly horrible.

Knicks make the playoffs oh well, wouldn't have mind if the bucks making it in.

Also who gives a flying fuck what someone has in their house good grief. That in no way shape or form needed an article about it holy shit people are stupid

bread's done
Back