Official 2011-2012 NBA Season thread

Kobe's wife is fine as fuck.

Just thought I would put that out there.

Kobe's "decision":

picture-31.png

One more than Lebron. :hot:

No reason to stay if you're going to be unfaithful and about 25 million (definitely more) reasons to leave.

That said, Game 1 of the Finals. Thunder come from behind win. Durant has 17 in the 4th. LBJ, not as much. Good game.

David Stern on Jim Rome was brillant. Showed how much of a bitch the commissioner is. The lack of grace he demonstrated when answering that question shows why I dislike him and do think he plays a role in rigging things. All he had to do is explain how the lottery happens and state the ways it would be impossible for the fix to be in and it would have been a great way to squash that conspiracy. Instead yw acted like a little kid who didn't get his way.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']David Stern on Jim Rome was brillant. Showed how much of a bitch the commissioner is. The lack of grace he demonstrated when answering that question shows why I dislike him and do think he plays a role in rigging things. All he had to do is explain how the lottery happens and state the ways it would be impossible for the fix to be in and it would have been a great way to squash that conspiracy. Instead yw acted like a little kid who didn't get his way.[/QUOTE]

Not only did Stern come off as a spoiled kid, he also looked a little ignorant. Asking Rome if he still beat his wife was an attempt to show how unfair it is to ask a loaded question, but Rome didn't asked a loaded question.

I know that you appreciate a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, was the fix in for the lottery?
That's definitely not a loaded question. He even prefaced it by making the question seem like it doesn't have a whole lot of legitimacy. I think Rome not only had the right to ask the question, but he went out of his way to pad it in a way that shouldn't have offended Stern. The reality is, though, that Stern reminds of me a celebrity who has gotten so big, no one around him is willing to point out the absurdity of the shit he does and says. So, when someone does call him out, he really does believe they are insane for questioning him. Stern lives in the bubble.

Awful ass game rotf only bright spot was refs actually not buying the flops both teams were desperately trying to draw. Media is gonna have a field day now.

[quote name='kube00']Collison played well tonight so did Battier. OKC should just bench Perkins...[/QUOTE]

Agree, he isnt helping the thunder really. Tonights game was a letdown. These 3 refs were doing a bad job all night. That double block = goaltend, lebron score and 1 without getting hit, then the missed call at the end. OKC should have had this game, but blown calls, and shitty play at times just ruined them. Its kind of frustrating to see a team like the thunder, who should be able to handle the heat, have trouble. Maybe due to their youth? Lack of experience? Hopefully they can turn things around and start a game without getting down by 10+ points right away. I just hope this series doesnt turn into a game of bad calls. Game 1 was called pretty good. Game 2 not really. But they did do a good job on the flops. So far both games had good calls towards those trying to flop.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Agree, he isnt helping the thunder really. Tonights game was a letdown. These 3 refs were doing a bad job all night. That double block = goaltend, lebron score and 1 without getting hit, then the missed call at the end. OKC should have had this game, but blown calls, and shitty play at times just ruined them. Its kind of frustrating to see a team like the thunder, who should be able to handle the heat, have trouble. Maybe due to their youth? Lack of experience? Hopefully they can turn things around and start a game without getting down by 10+ points right away. I just hope this series doesnt turn into a game of bad calls. Game 1 was called pretty good. Game 2 not really. But they did do a good job on the flops. So far both games had good calls towards those trying to flop.[/QUOTE]

They lost the game because of an awful first quarter. Can't put that on the refs.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Strange no-call on the last play but OKC doesn't really have an excuse for playing that miserable for half the game.

Awesome series so far.[/QUOTE]
Strange? This is David Stern we're talking about here, LeBron could've powerbombed him and it wouldn't have been a foul. They were not about to go to Miami for 3 games with OKC up 2-0.

Heat have no trouble going somewhat small so why does Okc continue to have Perkins out there looking clueless. Still sad seeing Mike Miller hobbling out there while James Jones continues to sit on the bench whose more healthy. Hey Spoelstra you do know you have a shot blocker in Joel Anthony to at least make Okc think twice about driving to the basket getting easy layups.

[quote name='dafoomie']Strange? This is David Stern we're talking about here, LeBron could've powerbombed him and it wouldn't have been a foul. They were not about to go to Miami for 3 games with OKC up 2-0.[/QUOTE]
Looking at that whole game -- and the reffing -- I think that conclusion is a bit extreme.

Realized the other day that I'm rooting for Derek Fisher in these Finals. Had you told me that before he signed with the Thunder, I'd have called you crazy and asked where you escaped from.

As for the game, I'm glad the refs didn't fall for all the acting both teams did. A lot of those flailing moves when driving to the hoop happened to night and a lot of them went without a whistle, which is nice.

I fucking love how ESPN can waffle back and forth and create havoc with anyone and everyone.

Lebron is now being pretty much clutch in the last couple of series and has been every bit of the legend he was hyped to be. So what do they do? Russell Westbrook is now the most hated person...its his fault...he is loosing them all the games!!!

I wish their was some accountability for some of their drama queens. I see their pattern though...just create villians on every single team that way you can never be wrong. If the Heat lose you can claim that you called it because Bron isnt clutch...but now if the Heat win you can call it that Westbrook is ruining the team. Pathetic.

No it doesnt.....Magic played in a different Era his input on how PG should play is nice to hear but doesnt carry a bunch of weight. I love listening to the legends of the game but their not playing anymore.

My real problem because with how many scape goats they use for their drama queens. How many times they make themselves infallible by making a villian out of both teams that way they can never be wrong. Heat cant win because Bron isnt clutch....but OKC cant win because of Westbrook. I remember that OKC couldnt win against the Spurs for the same reason...they also couldnt win against the Lakers because of that same reason.

It gets to be too much....its the difference between their good analyst and their shitty drama queens like Stephen A and Skip. But drama gets more headlines so they push those two dolts instead of people who have real insight.

I think it benefits the Heat that they have any "Underdog" disadvantage in this series. It would of been bigger if the Heat lost any of the 2 homes to start a series, than they steal one on the road at OKC.

The biggest advantage the heat have is that they don't want to loose again in the finals MORE than they want to win it. (if that makes sense)

Had the series going 6-7 games, don't know who will win. But im personally rooting for OKC. ;)

[quote name='Soodmeg']

I wish their was some accountability for some of their drama queens. I see their pattern though...just create villians on every single team that way you can never be wrong. If the Heat lose you can claim that you called it because Bron isnt clutch...but now if the Heat win you can call it that Westbrook is ruining the team. Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree...for example after Miami lost game 5 of the ECF, everyone on ESPN was taking turns ripping Lebron left and right, topped off by one of Stephen A's trademark "I'm gonna yell at the camera because being angry gives my argument meaning" rants. Then he plays out of his mind in game 6, and all of a sudden Lebron's having one of the all-time greatest playoff runs. There is absolutely no middleground.

I'm not a fan of Lebron, but I do feel sorry for him that he's getting so much unnecessary backlash over anything that goes wrong, because he's actually playing pretty well.

[quote name='Soodmeg']No it doesnt.....Magic played in a different Era his input on how PG should play is nice to hear but doesnt carry a bunch of weight.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. The essential mechanics of the game have not changed that much since the '80s, my friend. If it was someone who played in the '50s, I'd give you a little room to work, but the game is not that much different. Just less physical and more flashy.

ummm... i hate to tell you this but it's your own damn fault for watching ESPN. What do you think they'd be? fair and balanced? They're just trying to create hype for the ratings.

Watching ESPN's coverage and complaining about it is like watching Real Housewives of the Jersey shore all day long and complaining that there's only dumb whores on the tv.

I usually follow up a game by reading a few columnists and that's it. SAS and the like can choke on a dick.

[quote name='confoosious']ummm... i hate to tell you this but it's your own damn fault for watching ESPN. What do you think they'd be? fair and balanced? They're just trying to create hype for the ratings.

Watching ESPN's coverage and complaining about it is like watching Real Housewives of the Jersey shore all day long and complaining that there's only dumb whores on the tv.

I usually follow up a game by reading a few columnists and that's it. SAS and the like can choke on a dick.[/QUOTE]

Care to recommend a few? I'd rather read up then watch ESPN at this point but there's a lot of shit to wade through.

[quote name='Dendaman']Care to recommend a few? I'd rather read up then watch ESPN at this point but there's a lot of shit to wade through.[/QUOTE]

Simmons, whenever he chooses to comment on things, is nice. Rick Reilly is more of a human-events guy, but his input is refreshing. Beyond ESPN, some of the stuff from sites like BleacherReport and Deadspin is good. Browse around, find what you like.

I kind of hate mike breen, or whatever his name is that announces with JVG during the game. He always likes to say a players shot was "way off" even though it hit the rim. IDK but to me that is not way off. Way off is an air ball. Also he always seems like he doesnt know which side to take whenever someone is fouled. Good call, or bad call?

[quote name='The 7th Number']I kind of hate mike breen, or whatever his name is that announces with JVG during the game. He always likes to say a players shot was "way off" even though it hit the rim. IDK but to me that is not way off. Way off is an air ball. Also he always seems like he doesnt know which side to take whenever someone is fouled. Good call, or bad call?[/QUOTE]

I remember him saying that when mike miller took a shot. Lol. I remember thinking that the shot wasn't that off.

If OKC can hit free throws like they've done up until now, this series will go 7. I think it'll go back to OKC with Miami up 3-2, with the Thunder taking game 6, and game 7 being a coinflip.

Game 1s officiating was fine, but game 2 and 3 i see BS calls for Miami. It gets annoying to watch. I just shake my head countless times at the bs touch calls i see heat get, and it doesnt get called the same way on the other end.

You see wade drive to the hoop and make an uncontested layup and they call a foul on someone for briefly touching him, even though it didnt have enough impact to do anything to his drive or shot. Then you see ibaka with his arms straight up, lebron tangles his arm and forces ibaka to the floor and its a foul on ibaka somehow. Near the end there was a foul on Harden i believe when lebron bumped his body or arm back into harden creating the contact. But there were more bs touch calls that i didnt agree with.

But for the thunder you see lebron and others try to deny the pass to durant as they drape their bodies all over him and its okay. Durant can drive to the rim, get hit and its okay. Sefolosha steals the ball from wade and makes a two point shot all while wade hits him in the head and other contact and its okay.

It just seems so unfair how the heat get touched and its a foul, yet on the other end thunder players get hit and no call. Watching the game it just feels like there is no way the thunder can win if they continue to call these touch calls for lebron and wade all game long. The only bad call i remember from the thunder side was the Fisher 3, where chalmers fouled him. Fisher just moved his body in a way that made it look like he got hit but wasnt. But still the last two games the heat BS fouls have outweighed the thunders.

I just want to see a good basketball game. Tired of seeing touch foul treatment for wade and lebron. If you arent going to call that for Westbrook and Durant, dont call it on the other end.

^^
That last non call in game 2, the ref wasn't in position to see lebrons arm in on durant so there is most likely the main reason for that.

Second, Kevin Durant and James Harden never get "foul treatment"? Yeah just another biased heat hater or a thunder lover.

Durant only gets near the basket on fastbreak dunks. The thunder are a jumpshooting team, its tough to get fouls called right over half court. Didnt see many shots from durant or westbrook inside of 15 ft while wade and lebron got almost all of their shots in there.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I am so thankful that people don't whine and complain this much about the NFL. However, good game last night, only two more and I'll be a happy man.[/QUOTE]

The thing with NBA vs NFL is i think NFLs rules are more simple, and easier to call. Where as the NBA, its more difficult to call, and also different refs call games differently. I remember seeing the LAC/MEM playoff game and the refs were letting them play like it was a playground game in NYC, and it was glorious. I wish the refs would allow that kind of defensive contact against the miami heat. Im seriously just an NBA fan, i root for the Bucks but not die hard. I love seeing a good NBA game and so far these finals have been disappointing.

Even do there really close games at the end of the 4th, it doesn't really feel like ive seen a complete good game from either team. Thunder where killing themselves with turnovers in the 4th yesterday. James Harden has to be more aggressive, 9 points 2/10 yesterday. Game 1 he had 5 points. Thunder have to do more running and gunning, outscoring teams is there game.

spod.gif

Could have sworn this was a tech before since i remember Avery Johnson getting them all the time when he was coaching the mavs, -sees who the ref standing right there is- oh wait nevermind

[quote name='The 7th Number']The thing with NBA vs NFL is i think NFLs rules are more simple, and easier to call. Where as the NBA, its more difficult to call, and also different refs call games differently. I remember seeing the LAC/MEM playoff game and the refs were letting them play like it was a playground game in NYC, and it was glorious. I wish the refs would allow that kind of defensive contact against the miami heat. Im seriously just an NBA fan, i root for the Bucks but not die hard. I love seeing a good NBA game and so far these finals have been disappointing.[/QUOTE]
What in the rulebook is so hard for NBA refs? I didn't realize how awesome I sell a call as a ref was so hard to do. :roll: Last I checked if a player goes straight up (hands and all) and a offensive player jumps into them, it is is an offensive foul; yep not for Paul Pierce. Last I checked if a defensive player occupies space outside the restricted area and offensive player runs over them, that is an offensive foul; yep not for Lebron James. Last I checked if an offensive player uses their hand to lift off a defensive player body, that is an offensive foul; yep not for Blake Griffin. Hey at least the refs last game didn't fall for the Harden flop near the end of the game. So 1 correct call in that game... Now if only they would actually call a tech when a player doesn't make a play on the ball when Howard goes up for a dunk and they hack the shit out of him.

And you also don't believe the NFL has some of the ref BS? Watch a game and drink everytime a pushoff by a receiver never gets call. How about the pussy touch fouls on QBs. Holding at the line doesn't always get called. At least their refs have an excuse since there is way more players on the field than are on a court in the NBA i.e. easier to get away with stuff.

[quote name='renique']Could have sworn this was a tech before since i remember Avery Johnson getting them all the time when he was coaching the mavs, -sees who the ref standing right there is- oh wait nevermind [/quote]
Haha. I guess if no one was going to contest the 3, Spo was going to attempt to stop it.

[quote name='lordopus99']What in the rulebook is so hard for NBA refs? I didn't realize how awesome I sell a call as a ref was so hard to do. :roll: Last I checked if a player goes straight up (hands and all) and a offensive player jumps into them, it is is an offensive foul; yep not for Paul Pierce. Last I checked if a defensive player occupies space outside the restricted area and offensive player runs over them, that is an offensive foul; yep not for Lebron James. Last I checked if an offensive player uses their hand to lift off a defensive player body, that is an offensive foul; yep not for Blake Griffin. Hey at least the refs last game didn't fall for the Harden flop near the end of the game. So 1 correct call in that game... Now if only they would actually call a tech when a player doesn't make a play on the ball when Howard goes up for a dunk and they hack the shit out of him.

And you also don't believe the NFL has some of the ref BS? Watch a game and drink everytime a pushoff by a receiver never gets call. How about the pussy touch fouls on QBs. Holding at the line doesn't always get called. At least their refs have an excuse since there is way more players on the field than are on a court in the NBA i.e. easier to get away with stuff.

Haha. I guess if no one was going to contest the 3, Spo was going to attempt to stop it.[/QUOTE]

He gets away with throwing 'bows as is.

You also missed moving screens (KG or Perk) and kicking the defender when driving/fading away (Kobe or Wade).

I don't want to hear about Paul Pierce being a drama queen after LBJ gets carried off the court with cramps.

Coincidence that ABC took 2 commercial breaks while he was getting treated without any game time elapsing?

Maybe Westbrook should, I don't know, get the ball to Kevin Durant every once in a while?

5 replays of Wade and LeBron but not one of the non call that Durant was outraged by?

Russell was awful in those last two possessions. Dribble off the foot and contested, fading to the right jumpshot. Heat up 5 now due to it. Grand.

This is the same problem they've had to some extent for the past two seasons: Westbrook doesn't/can't find Durant in the 4th.

Edit: Westbrook just killed it with the bonehead foul.

bread's done
Back