Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season is winding down, so not much from last weekend. I think there were only 12 sales total. :cry:

Sports card stuff $3.
I only bought it because it is sealed and people love this kind of stuff even though it is junk in the eyes of a collector.

a55844be.jpg

3d4838e4.jpg

2c04dba6.jpg

38a950a4.jpg

d8705e55.jpg

VHS tapes FREE. Figured I can see if any have value, if they don't then I can always donate them.

2924f241.jpg

GI Joe Vehicle and Potato Gun / Spud Gun 25 cents each.

622e21a0.jpg

I can't tell if the gun is vintage or made to look vintage. The plastic looks old as well as the markings. I know some of the repros say "made in China", but mine does not.

Better stuff to come.

Post 1

Ok Here is some better stuff.

Captain Power VHS tapes and Batman Game (complete) $3

850356db.jpg

SONY VCR and Technics Turntable $10 total. (Wanted $5 for the VCR and $15 for the record player). :whee:

ac5000e3.jpg

114e29c0.jpg

Zelda Sticker Book, Gi Joe sticker book, Pringles Mario book 25 each. None of the stickers have been used on either of the books!

d5867aa0.jpg

Next post will be all games. :bouncy:

[quote name='Tsel']I'm curious. What's so special about that VCR that made you buy it?[/QUOTE]

I just needed a a reliable VCR. SONY products tend to last. :D

Plus I knew he didn't want to budge on the Turntable's $15 price, so I used the VCR to get a 'bulk' discount. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy stuff you may not need or want to save on the item you do want. (Another one of slowdive's unnamed tips! Someday I will write them all out.) ;)

But I did look it up and the cheapest one on ebay shipped is $40, so I don't feel too bad about spending $5 on it.

All the electronics were in nice shape. I got the impression that the guy's Dad died and they were his items. I figured it was a safe bet since it probably didn't get much use.

[quote name='slowdive21']I just needed a a reliable VCR. SONY products tend to last. :D

Plus I knew he didn't want to budge on the Turntable's $15 price, so I used the VCR to get a 'bulk' discount. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy stuff you may not need or want to save on the item you do want. (Another one of slowdive's unnamed tips! Someday I will write them all out.) ;)

But I did look it up and the cheapest one on ebay shipped is $40, so I don't feel too bad about spending $5 on it.

All the electronics were in nice shape. I got the impression that the guy's Dad died and they were his items. I figured it was a safe bet since it probably didn't get much use.[/QUOTE]
+1 on the sony vcr. I got the vcd/dvd combo.
I didnt know people still use VCR?

Post 1

Post 2

Bring on the games!

This lot comes with a story. I went to the "promising sale" I wrote about last week and asked about video games/left my number. I got a cal the same day to see a high school kid's collection that he didn't put out at the sale.

He is basically looking to get rid of all of his video games and wanted about $500 for everything (which was way too high, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings). I ended up working out a trade with him.

This is what I gave him: 2 Planeswalker Green, 1 White, 1 Red, and 1 Blue decks (all sealed), DDR Ultramix 3
dDshyhgwXcnwnwGC0JSiqIZogCuFa0BWQJbZJLibhDDBJYFVnMS4pCEAAOPmw8TqVOhfAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
, and a TMNT TCG Deck. Basically I got the decks for free at various conventions, the TMNT decks I have 150 or so from a wholesaler I used to buy from and the DDR game was from a bag sale, so I paid next to nothing for most of the stuff I traded.

Originally I tried to trade straight up, but he wanted another $25 and didn't want everything I brought. After negotiations I traded what was listed above and gave him an extra $5.

He still has a large collection left and he seemed happy with the trade.

88f80cc9.jpg

03a9e2f6.jpg

I really wanted this NES game case, so that is why I threw him the extra $5.
fe56af90.jpg

Notice the KI manual to go with the game I bought a couple of weeks ago. :D

5fb99075.jpg

One more pic:

30a7e7df.jpg

:whee:

some small finds today.

WP_000213.jpg

The NES games were $10. Kinda high but it was my last stop and only find and I wanted the complete SMB3. The ones in the rental cases have their manuals. Nice old lady. Had a genesis 1 and 2 also but no interest, and some other games too, but just picked out the ones I actually would play and the SMB3.

Also Simpsons Season 12 for $3.

I kinda overbought today (less that I spent money than I picked up some crap).

My morning started poorly . . . there's only a few weeks left in the season :whistle2:( I found about 15 sales (CL and newspaper) but probably hit close to 25. The first 7-8 were total busts . . . I didn't see anything. I was starting to consider heading home but I found some psychology books (spent $3 for $150 in listings). A few sales later, I asked about vgs and after talking for awhile I found out he had super nintendo stuff but it was buried in the garage . . . "could I come back tomorrow?" Instead, I offered to help him. This guy was later 50s.

I paid $65 for everything in this post:

First there was bin of systems . . . one SNES, one Genny with CD and two other Gennys.

But I already have a pile of Genesis systems

Then there were a few bins and a box of games:

These two pics are Sega games . . . most are complete.

Here are Sega CD games (one Sonic CD is sealed):

The discs are in the plastic cases for some of them. The cardboard boxes are minty.

The letdown is the SNES games:

Nice complete copies of crap . . . where is Mario Kart, Zelda, some RPGs???

This stuff was mixed in:

Sidenote: I used to really like playing the Episode I racer.

I questioned the guy about an N64 because of the games but he just mentioned that it was likely his son's. I didn't push it thinking that he might call his son and the whole deal would fall apart :)

Highlights: Moonwalker, Rock n Roll racing, Mario world and all stars, the Sega CD games are mint and complete (oh, Night Trap), complete Toe Jam and Earl games and complete Banjo. I didn't notice the complete copy of Gunstar Heroes until I was home.

If I had it to do over again, I'd cherry pick the good stuff . . . I just don't want to bring more stuff into my basement :)

Batman and Hyperstone Heist for Genesis are also worth a fairly good amount in complete condition. I believe Willy Beamish and Road Avenger for Sega CD are worth at least $30 a piece, as well. You did really well with that lot for $65.00

Awesome schultzed!

I wouldn't be complaining...especially with those Sega CD games. They are tough to find in the Midwest.

BTW: If anyone is interested in my black DS I think it will be up for trade.

I won't be on the site much the next two days (Chicago CAG meetup and a couple of other things going on).

[quote name='Doomstink']Batman and Hyperstone Heist for Genesis are also worth a fairly good amount in complete condition. I believe Willy Beamish and Road Avenger for Sega CD are worth at least $30 a piece, as well. You did really well with that lot for $65.00[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the comments. I knew I couldn't pass on this and the guy wanted to get rid of everything at once . . . his wife was happy to see the bins go :)

The Sega CD games were obsessively cared for. The boxes are taped close and have foam peanuts inside (to keep their shape?). The discs are mint and the guy made photocopies of the instructions (for use to keep the originals clean?).

I knew about Hyperstone, I found one earlier in the season . . . and a number of the games are worth at least $7-10 (as complete) but they are going to be slow sellers on Amazon. The only real let down is the SNES games . . . he must've had some better titles that ended up somewhere else . . . it just feels like there should be a Metroid and Earthworm Jim. In the plastic cases (without boxes are Super Star Wars and Return of the Jedi . . . along with some sports titles). Maybe the son traded some in to get N64 games at some point or took his faves. I found instructions (no game) for Goldeneye 64, SNES Sim City, Sword of Vermilion and two NES games.

A few nice little finds today.

1st stop - annual flea market. One lady had about 10 NES games, a few PS1 games (along with consoles/controllers), and a fat PS2 with some games. I don't have the room for any more consoles so I asked how much each game is and she responded with $3. Most of the NES games were crap. I did find Final Fantasy XII (Greatest Hits Version :() for PS1 from her which I got her to take $2 for.

Another guy at the flea market had some Gamecube and PS2 games. I got 2 games from him @ $5 each (he wouldn't bargain) - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC) and Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2) (thought the latter might be worth something). He spent 5 minutes trying to convince me to buy about 4 Final Fantasy strategy guides for $30.....I passed and paid the $5 asking price for the 2 games to get him to shut up LOL.

I went to a bunch of yard sales after the flea market with not much luck. At the last sale I did pick up 2 working TI-85 Graphing Calculators for $5 each which, if I list them quickly (because the school year just started) should fetch a profit.

So i went to 2 yard sales today. The only thing i saw was a gamecube priced at $50. I saw 2 cabbage path kids dolls in the box (box has some wear and tear due to age) . The lady was running the yard sale and many stuff was overpriced. I offered $10 for both of the dolls by saying "can i get 2 of those doll things for $10" She said sure. The sad part was someone left 2 female pitbulls. The dogs jump ou t of a car and she is giving it water as we were talking about what happen.

Im not sure if i got a deal or not since i know nothing of the cabbage patch kids. Anyone know how much these are worth? Thinking about selling it or giving it away.

This is my first yard sale purchase. Please also provide tips on finding deals at these fleamarket/yardsales

The Sega CD games probably have the peanuts inside because the disk holders tended to not hold disks right. They sometimes came with a little foam block to hold them in.

You have no idea how jelly I am of all that Sega stuff, though D';

[quote name='schultzed'] In the plastic cases (without boxes are Super Star Wars and Return of the Jedi . . . along with some sports titles). [/QUOTE]

There's a few WCW wrestling titles for SNES that are worth a good bit - Tecmo Super Bowl II and III are also worth a decent amount as far as sports games go. If you have any of those in the plastic case, it is worth the effort to look them up.

Also, I didn't see it in any of your boxes, but the Championship Edition of Madden '93 is worth a lot. I sold a complete one for close to $70 a year back. The great thing about rare sports games is most people think they're worthless, so you can always find them cheap (with the exception of Tecmo Super Bowl II, as people seem to be pretty aware of that one).

[quote name='The Punisher']So i went to 2 yard sales today. The only thing i saw was a gamecube priced at $50. I saw 2 cabbage path kids dolls in the box (box has some wear and tear due to age) . The lady was running the yard sale and many stuff was overpriced. I offered $10 for both of the dolls by saying "can i get 2 of those doll things for $10" She said sure. The sad part was someone left 2 female pitbulls. The dogs jump ou t of a car and she is giving it water as we were talking about what happen.

Im not sure if i got a deal or not since i know nothing of the cabbage patch kids. Anyone know how much these are worth? Thinking about selling it or giving it away.

This is my first yard sale purchase. Please also provide tips on finding deals at these fleamarket/yardsales[/QUOTE]

It really is just a matter of chance. Advertised sales sometimes suck, a person can post about all these videogames for sale, then you show up and its a bunch of disc only PS2 games for $10 apeice. You never know until you walk up to the sale what's going to be there.

Perseverance is the best thing, you just have to hit as many as you can and always ask, especially if they're older. They may have some stuff tucked away that they didn't think of that they'll sell to you for cheap.

[quote name='jer7583']It really is just a matter of chance. Advertised sales sometimes suck, a person can post about all these videogames for sale, then you show up and its a bunch of disc only PS2 games for $10 apeice. You never know until you walk up to the sale what's going to be there.

Perseverance is the best thing, you just have to hit as many as you can and always ask, especially if they're older. They may have some stuff tucked away that they didn't think of that they'll sell to you for cheap.[/QUOTE]

I didnt see the ad. I wasnt plan on yardsales today, but notice a sign as i was driving and so i checked it out.

Is the cabbage patch kids worth anything? I got 2 for $10 i think its from the 1983-1984 looks pretty old, but in good condition.

[quote name='The Punisher']I didnt see the ad. I wasnt plan on yardsales today, but notice a sign as i was driving and so i checked it out.

Is the cabbage patch kids worth anything? I got 2 for $10 i think its from the 1983-1984 looks pretty old, but in good condition.[/QUOTE]

Are the cabbage patch dolls in 'never removed from box' condition, or are the boxes open. NRFB seem to be selling on ebay, but only around $15-ish. loose ones are sitting at $2. Cabbage patch dolls are like the Beanie babies of the 80's...I tend to just walk away from them.

[quote name='aptanor']The Sega CD games probably have the peanuts inside because the disk holders tended to not hold disks right. They sometimes came with a little foam block to hold them in.

You have no idea how jelly I am of all that Sega stuff, though D';[/QUOTE]

I stopped back (to leave my number in case he finds more stuff) and it turns out that he owned a video store back in the day. So, the Sega CD games were out on display. All of the discs look like they were never rented. He said he had sold off stuff years ago which makes sense as to where the better SNES games went :whistle2:(

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/20110910105804.jpg/
20110910105804.jpg

Pro Pinball: Big Race USA, Atari Anniversary Collection Redux, Mega Man Legends, Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown, Diablo 1, and NFS High Stakes were all 25 cents each. Was stoked to find MML, but it's really scratched and there's some tape residue on top of the game.

Lego Star Wars I was offered for $5, but I countered for $3 citing a dirty disc and missing manual. The lady wouldn't budge from $5, but her husband was okay with $3, so whatever.

Another sale had a PSP for $20 but it was really beat up. Think I'll just wait for PS Vita. Still have yet to find some good consoles again since last year when I got a PS2 with HD Loader.
20110910105804.jpg

[quote name='JediKiller24']Are the cabbage patch dolls in 'never removed from box' condition, or are the boxes open. NRFB seem to be selling on ebay, but only around $15-ish. loose ones are sitting at $2. Cabbage patch dolls are like the Beanie babies of the 80's...I tend to just walk away from them.[/QUOTE]

The first one looks never been removed, but the box is not in good condition.
the other one was open. I pay $10 for both wasnt sure and just picked it up 2 for $10. Damn. Oh well. Take it as a lost i guess. Im still new to this whole yard sale thing. I cant believe the stuff people are finding.

I scored hard today. I'll post pics in a few :D.

EDIT: Okay, here we go. Sorry for the quality of the picture... my camera didn't want to focus for some reason.

mvc028s.jpg

PS1 system, sans the hookups.
Parasite Eve (Complete)
Final Fantasy 7 (Missing disc 2)
Resident Evil DX (Complete)
Intelligent Qube (Complete)
MediEvil (Complete)
Silent Hill (GH/ missing case)
+Some other shovelware (not pictured/already traded in for a few bucks)

All for $3.

Some of the cases are cracked, and the discs were in pretty brutal shape. I already got Intelligent Qube resurfaced so it's in mint condish. Other games are scratched but will probably play, and I can clean them up myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing much today, and there were a ton of sales. Only thing I picked up was a not-for-resale copy of :ps3: MotorStorm for $5.

Going out every Saturday is kind of becoming a chore, there are almost no games around and it's mostly the same people having sales every week. Hopefully there'll be some fresh meat next year but for now I think I'm done.

[quote name='TheHelix']Diablo[/QUOTE]

For a moment I thought this was Diablo for PS1 . . . just sold a complete copy on Amazon for over $50 =P~

AugustPAC . . . great finds.

Punisher . . . happens to me a lot (never CPKs but other items) . . . but its a learning process.

N3UROPOD . . . I think the end of the season sellers are mostly slackers (who don't have their shit together) and repeat sales. I did OK today on media (books and DVDs) but it was a poor games outing. Even though I'm still finding flip material, I'm about ready to stop going out :whistle2:(

I just had a pretty good haul at a house that advertised anime and manga

For $21.50 I got:

Phat Nintendo DS (blue) - $10 down from $20. As a bonus it had an authentic copy of super mario 4 GBA inside. This was definitely a deal.

PS2 Madcatz controller with extension cord - $1

2 plug n play games 50 cents each

Altered Beast GBA - $1

12 Assorted PS2 games and DVD's, most are complete but the titles are nothing spectacular. There are 9 games and 3 DVD's.

Oh yes and I did get a Puzz 3D for 50 cents included in this lot, this is the first one I have seen priced cheaply enough for me to buy it. It is opened but its all in bags so it should be all there. I have not sold one of these before but I will give it a try.

This sale had it all, they had a crapload of Manga, Anime and tons of Magic cards. I could have gotten more stuff but its not really worth buying manga unless its priced at like 25 cents since all the libraries here have a pretty good selection of manga available for free. I did clean out pretty much all the games they had.

I ran into a couple sales with textbooks, but I have no clue what to buy or what they wanted for the books and I don't sell on Amazon so its probably not worth it for me to grab them.

2zq4o7p.jpg

$5 for a bunch of Sega Genesis Games. I'm very pleased with this find.
Risk - complete
Taz - complete
Shining Force - boxed
Sonic 3 - cart
Beauty and the Beast - complete
And a Wheel of Fortune case that had Sword of Vermillion in it. Weird, but hey Sword of Vermillion is way better than Wheel of Fortune so I'll take it! :)

Game Gear Bundle With 4 Games - 4

Asked about games and this was brought out, it sounded like they were planing on selling it as the guy only took a minute to grab it and made mention about how they didn't know if people were even going to show up for the yardsale this weekend (flooding - some really bad the worst so ending a few blocks west of my place, bad as in the water was well above your head at it's worst a stone's throw from the river). No price I looked it over, no batteries & the battery pack (not surprisingly) didn't have a charge in it. When I expressed interest the guy said 10 to which I cringed and said I was thinking more like 2~3 he said how about 5 to which I countered with 4 with the whole as-is yada yada and his wife said she goes to yardsales also and understood where I was coming from with old electronics at a yardsale.

Barely any sales around with the flooding this week, I had a list of 6 sales in my town and the next town over and 4 ended up selling still.

Even with only 4 sales half of them ended up having old video games between what I got and what I'm going into detail about in the non finds BS.

This was a professionally ran Estate sale the kind that advertise for a week plus ahead of time and in multiple papers, set up picture galleries online like auction places do etc.

I see a girl I used to go to school with who is helping running things and she knows I look for video games as I've seen her around shopping at yardsales. She ends up telling me they have an Atari for sale and told me it was in the basement if it's still around, this sale started on Thursday. I finish up looking around on the first floor and head downstairs. I don't see anything and when I'm done looking around I ask the girl I know about the Atari and if she knew where it was by chance that it was easy to miss (not likely at a professionally ran sale) and she goes over to ask the main guy and asked if the system is sold and I see that it's actually on the table now in the kitchen which it wasen't when I first got to the place so somebodly must have grabbed it while I was at the sale on the first floor and put it up for hold while they finished looking around just moments before I was told about it and went into the basement.

The guy does let me take a quick look at the games and I counted 19 games which were all common/fairly common with nothing I don't own and it was marked 50 but he said it was actaully 40 being the 2nd day of the sale. The system box itself was on it's side as in the picture below but you can't see in that picture that it has some controllers etc that weren't all fitted in the box properly and spilling out so I'm gussing it's just the box with all hardware and no inner packaging. I went back and asked the girl I went to school with to drop me an e-mail if it ends up somehow still being around on Saturday since everything had to go at this sale and I'm sure they would be willing to do better if it gets returned or the buyer got cold feet at this price and ended up not buying it.

When I first saw this sale advertised on Craigslist they didn't have a picture gallery up yet and rechecking I realized I missed them adding in a picture gallery a few days before the sale started when they did another listing on Craigslist and they had a picture showing the Atari. It's really not a big deal for this price but something about just getting beat to the video games and seeing somebody else buy them seems to still get under my skin more then it should, just less so if it was a blah type deal. I probably would have tried for 20 figuring that is the most I would be ok with paying as-is and possibly paid 30 begrudgingly if they would ensure me that I could return it if the system doesn't work 100%. I'm guessing for Friday it would have been 40 firm and they would have sold it for less on Saturday, thinking 30.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I scored hard today. I'll post pics in a few :D.

EDIT: Okay, here we go. Sorry for the quality of the picture... my camera didn't want to focus for some reason.

mvc028s.jpg

PS1 system, sans the hookups.
Parasite Eve (Complete)
Final Fantasy 7 (Missing disc 2)
Resident Evil DX (Complete)
Intelligent Qube (Complete)
MediEvil (Complete)
Silent Hill (GH/ missing case)
+Some other shovelware (not pictured/already traded in for a few bucks)

All for $3.

Some of the cases are cracked, and the discs were in pretty brutal shape. I already got Intelligent Qube resurfaced so it's in mint condish. Other games are scratched but will probably play, and I can clean them up myself.[/QUOTE]

Oh man Intelligent Qube... I loved that game. But it's very rare and asking a pretty penny on eBay.

I got a Green Game Boy Pocket today in pretty mint condition, along with a copy of Super Mario land 2: Six Golden Coins, and Pokemon Blue. Only cost me $3.00 total.

I feel pretty good about it, although I am not interested in replaying Pokemon Blue. Trade bait, I suppose, if I can find an interested party.

My really only score this summer on games. :(

[quote name='AugustAPC']Yeaup, and that's just where it's going, unless someone gives me a decent offer on here.[/QUOTE]

PM me and let me know what you are looking to get, I am very interested.

[quote name='schultzed']For a moment I thought this was Diablo for PS1 . . . just sold a complete copy on Amazon for over $50 =P~

AugustPAC . . . great finds.

Punisher . . . happens to me a lot (never CPKs but other items) . . . but its a learning process.

N3UROPOD . . . I think the end of the season sellers are mostly slackers (who don't have their shit together) and repeat sales. I did OK today on media (books and DVDs) but it was a poor games outing. Even though I'm still finding flip material, I'm about ready to stop going out :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Thanks for the support. I was thinking 2 for $10 isnt too bad. Didnt know these things are worth nothing. I was hoping to break even or make a little.
Do people still play with these things?

I still havent found anything good game deals :cry:

Everyone here is truly a CAG :)

I actually find its easier to deal with people at the end of the summer, those having repeat sales will definitely bargain and the other people know the season is ending soon so if they don't get rid of their stuff they will have to either keep it, donate it or throw it out.

Of course if you live in an area where there is no end of the season....

Beginning of the summer is much harder, because the seller knows they have plenty of time to decide on what to do with their items.

Find of the week...year...ok, it's my best find ever.

$40 for everything

DSC01785.jpg

I saw a sign for this sale and headed down the street, but drove past it the first time. On my way back, I saw it and stopped. There were no games to be seen, but I did see a Club Nintendo messenger bag so I asked about video games. The lady's son took me to the back shed and pulled out a large box with all the games in it. I asked how much for the box and he said $50, plus he'd throw in a Master System that he had inside. I countered with $40 and he agreed (though he pulled out a few genesis games (Alladin, and two others) for the discount.

There are closer pics of everything after the spoiler.

Loose Sega games
DSC01788.jpg

Boxed Sega games (most are complete, though a few are missing the manual
DSC01798.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

NES games
DSC01787.jpg

SNES games
DSC01791.jpg

Genesis Game Genie with supplemental code books
DSC01793.jpg

Random Genesis controllers
DSC01802.jpg

Sega Master System
DSC01795.jpg

Intelligent Qube, Shining Force, and Breath of Fire II. I can see other CAGs were busy this weekend! Sales were scarce in my area and the ones I went to had nothing I was looking for. I'm living vicariously through everyone else's posts this week!

2011-09-10_192938.jpg

Had a hunch there was something special about a gold N64. I was sorta right, but this one isn't in the best of shape. Still trying to decide what to do with it.

aw shit.. I think i'm more jealous of the gold N64 than the $40 lot posted previously.

[quote name='Allwhowander']Find of the week...year...ok, it's my best find ever.

$40 for everything

DSC01785.jpg

I saw a sign for this sale and headed down the street, but drove past it the first time. On my way back, I saw it and stopped. There were no games to be seen, but I did see a Club Nintendo messenger bag so I asked about video games. The lady's son took me to the back shed and pulled out a large box with all the games in it. I asked how much for the box and he said $50, plus he'd throw in a Master System that he had inside. I countered with $40 and he agreed (though he pulled out a few genesis games (Alladin, and two others) for the discount.

There are closer pics of everything after the spoiler.

Loose Sega games
DSC01788.jpg

Boxed Sega games (most are complete, though a few are missing the manual
DSC01798.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

NES games
DSC01787.jpg

SNES games
DSC01791.jpg

Genesis Game Genie with supplemental code books
DSC01793.jpg

Random Genesis controllers
DSC01802.jpg

Sega Master System
DSC01795.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Fuuuuuuuu....

Is that Breath of Fire 2 that I see there?

Definitely BoF II. I wonder if we could bother you to get a list posted. Can't quite make out some of those titles :p

[quote name='bozemanriverrat'] Had a hunch there was something special about a gold N64. I was sorta right, but this one isn't in the best of shape. Still trying to decide what to do with it.[/QUOTE]

That's fuckin' sick!

beggar prince is the find of that lot. really amazing that that kid would know enough to buy that kind of fan-produced game (and a lot of the other gems in there) and then sell it all for dirt cheap.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Definitely BoF II. I wonder if we could bother you to get a list posted. Can't quite make out some of those titles :p
[/QUOTE]

In terms of SNES, BOF2 looks like the gem and there's a lot of crap in there (as usual) but also Zombies Ate My N, R-Type, Earthworm Jim, Joe and Mac, Super Star Wars (common but still cool), and Separation Anxiety. But some others aren't clear.

Damn fine lot. This will keep us all going . . . just knowing what we might find if the gaming gods smile on us.

My finds
A eraser puzzle box .25
a yin-yang bookmark .25
A uzi airsoft gun and some sweet goggles .50
A rockband Drum set (3rd party?) and 2 360 guitars $5
A yoda stand up .50
A GREAT computer chair $5

At the first sail we went to I saw a photo printer for $5, decided to pass, and at the sail next door I saw the eraser anf the bookmark, I also saw some seled gundam figures from the 90's for $2 was gonna offer $1 each but my mom sed not to "invest" in anything. Did i miss out? One was jap. anf the other was a scale model.But any way didn't see any other things untill this sale that had the airsoft gun and the drum set. I found 3 others and he said $10 and I went WTF? So i got these ones for .50. the drum set he said was $5 so IO was like sweet! then as we were leaving he said take the guitars be cause they were a "set" or something. My gain. Yoda stand up .50 the lightsaber is almost broken off...gonna reinforce it with more cardboard. The computer chair was half off so we got it....Pretty good hunting for me when we left around 9-10...Good huntins for me yall

[quote name='bozemanriverrat']Had a hunch there was something special about a gold N64. I was sorta right, but this one isn't in the best of shape. Still trying to decide what to do with it.[/QUOTE]

How much did you pay?

My black one plays just as well . . . if it were me, I'd put this baby out on Amazon for $129.99.

[quote name='schultzed']How much did you pay?

My black one plays just as well . . . if it were me, I'd put this baby out on Amazon for $129.99.[/QUOTE]

$20 with Windwaker.

I think I would probably hold onto that gold N64, or sell it over the holidays for maximum profit if you really want to sell it. If I ever saw one I doubt it would ever come up again so I would probably keep it.

Yeah, that'll give me time to shake the rest of the sunflower seed shells out of it. Like I said, not in the best of shape. Doubt I'd get $130 out of it (or, at least I'd feel guilty getting someone to pay that). Maybe $60, but first I want to see if it works.

N64's are very easy to take apart if you have the right screwdriver bit, if you don't have it then you can purchase it very cheaply on ebay, probably a dollar or 2. If you want to clean it out really well its best to take it apart and do it that way.

[quote name='SaraAB']I think I would probably hold onto that gold N64, or sell it over the holidays for maximum profit if you really want to sell it. If I ever saw one I doubt it would ever come up again so I would probably keep it.[/QUOTE]

Dumb to ask, but why is the gold N64 so special? I saw a green one before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back