Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

I know for a fact that even with some of the gems I get my hands on during garage sale/flea market season, I probably come out in the red at the end. I'm pretty picky with what I grab, and I don't carry much cash to begin with.

The whole reason I do it is for fun (which I would underline if I knew how on my phone). I started doing it a few years ago when I was unemployed, and it helped me get out of bed in the morning. Even then, I didn't look at it at as a business, because I didn't want to turn into one of those obsessive guys on Storage Wars who absolutely have to find a treasure to pay the bills.

It's become so much more, since I still look at it as fun. I'm learning a little about fixing games, and any money I spend on games is not taken from my bank account (which my wife appreciates). I know there's gas and coffee costs and all that crap, but it beats the hell out of sitting at home on a beautiful morning.

Before I turn into a full-blown rant, I just want to say that I post On here for a few reasons. To brag a little, to keep a record, and sometimes, like most of us, to confirm that I picked up something cool. I'd start a lowball, but I don't know if my stuff would merit as much as interest as the stuff I see.

[quote name='C0dy']^Thanks for the clarification and I apologize for the pissy-sounding post. It's just a natural reaction for me because I hate being singled out I guess >_> I know you weren't attempting to offend me or anything but I still kinda took it that way. Sorry.

Anyway, my buddy offered to take me along for that sale so I didn't have to pay gas fees (though obviously I dropped him a few bucks out of courtesy.) I paid about $4.30 per game which is a great deal for me when I'm so used to overpriced retail game shops around here (they want $12 for a loose superman 64 >_>). I understand that to some of you the lot I bought may not be a great deal but it still saved me cash, and hey, isn't that what this site is all about?[/QUOTE]

You can get your money back out of it on the Shadowgate and Warios Woods if you ever need to sell; I'm the same way where if it's a game I want or need I'll pay a bit more. Sometimes it's more about not paying the jacked up ebay price than it is flipping for a large profit.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']You can get your money back out of it on the Shadowgate and Warios Woods if you ever need to sell; I'm the same way where if it's a game I want or need I'll pay a bit more. Sometimes it's more about not paying the jacked up ebay price than it is flipping for a large profit.[/QUOTE]

Its about playing the game not flipping for profit. I can think of a lot of other things that can be flipped with more monetary gain then video games. Flipping video games is what I call nickel and diming.

[quote name='needler420']Its about playing the game not flipping for profit. I can think of a lot of other things that can be flipped with more monetary gain then video games. Flipping video games is what I call nickel and diming.[/QUOTE]

Maybe to you it's not, but that's not true for everyone. Video games are a quick easy sell, and the market is always pretty hot for them. Yeah, you can make more money investing in stocks and bonds, but that's not what I'm familliar with. Last year I made about $1200 - $1500 in extra profit flipping video games, toys, movies, and other items. It's not my full time job, but it's still a decent enough amount to be worth my time. Those nickels and dimes add up.

[quote name='spmahn']Maybe to you it's not, but that's not true for everyone. Video games are a quick easy sell, and the market is always pretty hot for them. Yeah, you can make more money investing in stocks and bonds, but that's not what I'm familliar with. Last year I made about $1200 - $1500 in extra profit flipping video games, toys, movies, and other items. It's not my full time job, but it's still a decent enough amount to be worth my time. Those nickels and dimes add up.[/QUOTE]

I made $6,000 (after fees) selling "junk" I posted here from garage sales and haven't even put a dent in it yet (haven't sold any of the games/systems yet).

I find that if someone really wanted to make money on games all you have to to is track a specific game and buy every cheap copy, then resell it when the supply has dwindled. I KNOW there is a CAG that buys up everything that is "hot" and jacks up the price and he probably makes more than any of us on reselling games. (I was able to determine who it was based on their user id/boasting on CAG). I think he actually bought copy of a hot game from me on ebay and put it on amazon.

Personally before I knew about CAG, I would buy all the cheap sealed copies of FFVII (anything at $100 or less), then list them on amazon for $175-$200. It was nice while it lasted.

We are at a point where everything is worth something. It is just finding who wants it or where to dump it. I'll admit I am mistaken on some items I buy (because I go completely off of years of experience), but they can always be donated if they are duds.

[quote name='slowdive21']

We are at a point where everything is worth something. It is just finding who wants it or where to dump it. I'll admit I am mistaken on some items I buy (because I go completely off of years of experience), but they can always be donated if they are duds.[/QUOTE]

I actually disagree, probably 85% of the Genesis, SNES, and NES library would be valued at $10 or less, I would say about half of that would resell for less than 5 dollars. Unless you're finding games for less than a dollar each, there's a lot of junk out there that you would lose your shirt trying to resell. These days finding retro games for even a dollar each is rare, even if they're junk. I remember back in the day when Funcoland had on their price guide something like 500 or so NES games priced at under a dollar. Those days are sadly long gone, so you need to be a lot pickier. My rule of thumb is if I can't make at least 10 dollars profit, don't bother.

Edit: actually this isn't entirely true. There's a lot of valuable SNES games, but the ones you typically find aren't the ones that are worth much. SNES is strange in that games are either common as hell, or hard to find, there's not a lot of middle ground.

[quote name='spmahn']I actually disagree, probably 85% of the Genesis, SNES, and NES library would be valued at $10 or less, I would say about half of that would resell for less than 5 dollars. Unless you're finding games for less than a dollar each, there's a lot of junk out there that you would lose your shirt trying to resell. These days finding retro games for even a dollar each is rare, even if they're junk. I remember back in the day when Funcoland had on their price guide something like 500 or so NES games priced at under a dollar. Those days are sadly long gone, so you need to be a lot pickier. My rule of thumb is if I can't make at least 10 dollars profit, don't bother.

Edit: actually this isn't entirely true. There's a lot of valuable SNES games, but the ones you typically find aren't the ones that are worth much. SNES is strange in that games are either common as hell, or hard to find, there's not a lot of middle ground.[/QUOTE]

I was talking in general, not necessarily games. But I tend to pay $1 or less for every game unless it is a PS2 or PS3 game. Some of the Nintendo games I have found do have .99 Gamestop tags on them. :)

As far as money goes, my rule is double my money. It doesn't matter if it is pyrex bowl, a toy, comics, records, or whatever as long as I double my money (or more) I am happy. I would prefer not to fight for scraps, but the high end stuff, I really do not know enough about. I have seen some furniture pieces that I know are worth (possibly tens of) thousands, but I do not have the space or the network to sell them.

I also have access to a gun auction monthly, but I know absolutely nothing about them. I think when people try to get into things they do not know about, they can have problems (especially if they don't so the research).

Games are cheap enough where I can buy everything and hopefully have some gems in the bunch! Even though I spend too much time on this site, I still do not have a good concept of game values.

[quote name='slowdive21']
I find that if someone really wanted to make money on games all you have to to is track a specific game and buy every cheap copy, then resell it when the supply has dwindled. [/QUOTE]

I agree on this, sales ranking & knowing when/where to sell can mean everything for some items. Not long ago I had a Suikoden V Artbook and soundtrack (used) that sold on Amazon for $24 shipped when there were brand new ones on ebay for around $10. Other than the gougers up at $80 (lol) there just weren't any other listings available on Amazon, and all it takes is one person who has credit to burn.

Indigo You know that guide on NA with the lunar. Got it at a sale.

$3 for all 6 . I fucked up though should have bought all her guides. She had some good RPG guides.
I semi retired for yard sale-ing but started going to a few recently. I'm a bit rusty.

Asked for games she said she would never sell her games.

DSCF1976.jpg

[quote name='TiKi2']Indigo You know that guide on NA with the lunar. Got it at a sale.

$3 for all 6 . I fucked up though should have bought all her guides. She had some good RPG guides.
I semi retired for yard sale-ing but started going to a few recently. I'm a bit rusty.

Asked for games she said she would never sell her games.

DSCF1976.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Good work both here and there *thumbs up* I'd pick up those Lunar guides on the cheap myself if I found them in the wild (to compliment my sadly unplayed Working Designs games)

First one is for Luner 2 eternal second one is for Lunar 1 silver star. There are probably 2 or 3 for lunar 1 that one there is the "Official" guide.

The Lunar 2 guide is Mint. Looks new.
Fetches $43 on amazon.

I see some young-ens video game hunting. Ran into one at the first sale I went to. Hopefully he'll get discouraged quickly.

Youngens usually arent bad, around here there are soccer moms that think all old games are worth alot and they keep buying them up.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Youngens usually arent bad, around here there are soccer moms that think all old games are worth alot and they keep buying them up.[/QUOTE]

Soccer Moms hah.......try competing with Haitians

[quote name='slowdive21']The hex should still be a first print. vol # has more to do with the series. Ghost Rider should read number 1 vol 2 since it is the second series under the title "Ghost Rider" I believe that one would say "2nd printing" at the end of that paragraph if it were a second print. (I don't have a second print, so I can not check).

A few months later marvel started changing the color of the cover for other issues like 5 and 15 to denote second printings.[/QUOTE]
Hey, man, thanks for all the info.

Haven't found anything the last 2 weeks except $5 ps2 games...

[quote name='Sinnbox']Youngens usually arent bad, around here there are soccer moms that think all old games are worth alot and they keep buying them up.[/QUOTE]

Without getting too deep into the details, I've noticed somebody in my area who seems to buy up lots of games at yardsales then will sell them in bulk on eBay if they are worth little to nothing, for example they will be selling tons of GB/GBA games even more then 100 I've seen before in one auction on eBay as if they buy every GB game they see at yardsales or every PS2 game etc as in they buy them up all yardsale season long just to sell together as lots per a system.

Why do I think yardsales are a big source of where they are getting this stuff? I've seen them selling games I've seen at yardsales and passed on be it no interest, too expensive etc. Some of the overpriced games I went into detail about in my spoiler tagged non finds BS I saw them selling on eBay, most notably this past September the house I got a Genesis 2 with games, Nomad & Justifier (DS & PSP games) and the house I got a boxed NES, games & SMB3 NP guide (Game Boy games).

I wonder if someone bought them all to resell then noticed that they weren't worth it so they just threw them on.

or... There are re-seller tricks he could have used... he may have gotten them at much lower prices than you did, and the ones you see are just him selling off his commons at the end of the year.

[quote name='ZombieToast']How do you know it's the same person? Just based on what games are being sold together?[/QUOTE]

Same username. They had 2 copies of Chase HQ for the Game Boy for sale just like I saw at the yardsale & all of the worthwhile DS games I remember from the other sale were included in a lot in another auction. It was enough to convince me that it wasn't just a coincidence that the same user on eBay was selling stuff I saw at different yardsales.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I wonder if someone bought them all to resell then noticed that they weren't worth it so they just threw them on.[/QUOTE]

I think they just buy everything planning to do this to get rid of everything with the exception being if they get something like Earthbound then they would probably split it out to sell by itself. I've seen them selling older systems before like an SNES with games and they don't part out stuff like Super Mario All-Stars that still sells in the teens by itself so I'm guessing something at least in the 20s shipped they may list by itself but then again I've noticed they like to group up stuff, a lot of N64 controllers, multiple GBA systems in one lot etc.

[quote name='Sinnbox']or... There are re-seller tricks he could have used... he may have gotten them at much lower prices than you did, and the ones you see are just him selling off his commons at the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing from what I've seen over the years from them that they are or have a collector in the family or at least used to be a collector. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to over hear what they did actually pay, the DS & PSP games was one of those situations where I didn't even bother making an offer with the prices being rather high and different for each game (I didn't need any of the worthwhile games for myself either), and the Game Boy games......the lady was one of the hardest sellers to deal with that I've ran into.

I could see this lady changing her tone and letting the stuff go for about half of what she was asking late in the last day if it wasn't selling and like I said I didn't test the guy with the DS & PSP games so as easy as he took $10 for the Genesis stuff I ended up getting perhaps he didn't put up a fight about an offer about half of his asking price for the DS & PSP games.

Stopped by the first yard sale I've gone to in a very long time.

$15 for everything. The black case is MGS3. The games aren't anything special. PS2 works perfectly.
gEXKU.jpg

[quote name='czissis']Stopped by the first yard sale I've gone to in a very long time.

$15 for everything. The black case is MGS3. The games aren't anything special. PS2 works perfectly.
gEXKU.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Still a great pick up just on that SNES controller and PS2.

Was stuck at work this weekend, but next I going hunting.

However I will share one of my earlier yard sale stories. This happened around 2002. A friend and I just happened across a yard sale. I was looking over this Record Player Cabinet, I thought it would be to put multiple systems in. I then saw a decent lot of Nes games, a system, and for some reason like 8 controller. I had a game or something in my hand and I go by the record player and ask how much. The girl goes 50 cents, I thought she was talking about what I had in my hand. I go no, how much for all this, and she goes 50 cents for all of it. I miss these days :p

[quote name='Theenternal']Was stuck at work this weekend, but next I going hunting.

However I will share one of my earlier yard sale stories. This happened around 2002. A friend and I just happened across a yard sale. I was looking over this Record Player Cabinet, I thought it would be to put multiple systems in. I then saw a decent lot of Nes games, a system, and for some reason like 8 controller. I had a game or something in my hand and I go by the record player and ask how much. The girl goes 50 cents, I thought she was talking about what I had in my hand. I go no, how much for all this, and she goes 50 cents for all of it. I miss these days :p[/QUOTE]

There's still people like that; I like checking some yard sales up until noon for the occasional "This is about to go to Goodwill" interception. :cool:

I got myself a nice little media cabinet (about 27 x 14 in) that way; brand new, still packed in this cardboard slab of a box. At the price of "Free" it couldn't be beat. Now it's holding DVDs and video games.

First time poster, long time reader. Don't always get the super amazing deals that other seem to score on here, but I occasionally find some gems.

This weekend's score was a Coleco Gemini system with 30 games, instructions, and Atari storage units for $15 dollars. I am in the process of flipping the system and doubles, which leaves me with 15 games I didn't have, plus the instructions and storage units.

Will post pics as soon as I figure out how to do so.

Most random score ever.

Got this stuff from my wife's parents. Everything was filthy just like the N64 rumble pack, and needed a good cleaning. Many of the games have rental stickers and/or writing with magic marker. The cd/dvd games are going to get a good bath to clean them up, and I plan on investing in a gamebit driver set to open up the cartridges and the N64 itself. The N64 is missing both power and a/v cables.

Here is everything I got in the crate.

Hardware:
N64 console w/ expansion pack, sans power and a/v cables.
4 original NES controllers
1 3rd party PS1/PS2 controller
Atari Flashback 2 w/ all hookups and controllers
NES Game Genie
Radio Shack game switch
N64 rumble pack
1st party PS1 & PS2 memory cards

Games:
Rampage - N64
Mario Golf - N64
Super Mario 64 - N64
WaveRace - N64
Donkey Kong 64 - N64
007 - N64
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt - NES
Driver - PS1
A Bugs Life - PS1
Dark Summit - PS1
2Xtreme Snowboarding - PS1
Big Bass World Championship - PS1
Test Drive Off Road 2 - PS1
Frogger - PS1
007 Agent Under Fire - PS2
Drag Racing - PS1
Rampage 2 - PS1
Rogue Trip Vacation 2012 - PS1
Tarzan - PS1

So, nothing super exciting, but I didn't have to pay for any of it, so no complaints. I am going to call and see if maybe she knows where the hookups are for the N64.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Most random score ever.

So, nothing super exciting, but I didn't have to pay for any of it, so no complaints. I am going to call and see if maybe she knows where the hookups are for the N64.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me, but calling your mother-in-law to ask for a hookup seems like it might be a little past the line. I mean, you already scored with her once...

But seriously, nice score. ;)

Need some advice on this one...

There was an ad on craigslist this week advertising a huge video game sale. I showed up as they were just opening up and the guy was pulling boxes upon boxes of games/controllers/accessories out of his shed. I thought I was in for a great morning. However, the only other guy there was buying whole boxes of games at a time without even looking at what he was getting.

So, as the seller brought out new boxes, I would glance through them and try to grab anything worth buying. Since I was moving quickly to stay ahead of the other guy, I wasn't looking too closely at what I was getting. I was able to grab a few games for myself and thought I had a huge score on my hands when I found about 10 boxed GBA pokemon games.

Unfortunately, when I got home, I quickly realized that none of these are official pokemon releases, but are all various bootleg versions. Click the spoiler for a picture.

DSC01545.jpg

Not being a huge pokemon fan, I didn't immediately recognize them for what they were. The boxes looked official enough on a quick inspection and I'm not familiar enough with the series to know all the games. My plan was to flip these games in order to recoup my money on the other games I bought and plan to keep.

So here's my question: First, Is it legal to sell these on ebay? I would never try to pass them off as legitimate games and would be very, very clear that they are not official pokemon games. But, even saying that, does eBay allow bootleg stuff to be sold like that?

Second, assuming I could legally sell them, is there a market for them? I'm thinking along the lines of a novelty for collectors and pokemon fans. For bootlegs, they seem really well done. The box art it pretty high quality with official Nintendo seals and ESRB ratings. The cartridges have all the markings a real game would. They wouldn't pass a really thorough inspection (especially the instruction manuals, but they would look pretty nice on a shelf.

Thoughts?

[quote name='Allwhowander']Need some advice on this one...

There was an ad on craigslist this week advertising a huge video game sale. I showed up as they were just opening up and the guy was pulling boxes upon boxes of games/controllers/accessories out of his shed. I thought I was in for a great morning. However, the only other guy there was buying whole boxes of games at a time without even looking at what he was getting.

So, as the seller brought out new boxes, I would glance through them and try to grab anything worth buying. Since I was moving quickly to stay ahead of the other guy, I wasn't looking too closely at what I was getting. I was able to grab a few games for myself and thought I had a huge score on my hands when I found about 10 boxed GBA pokemon games.

Unfortunately, when I got home, I quickly realized that none of these are official pokemon releases, but are all various bootleg versions. Click the spoiler for a picture.

DSC01545.jpg

Not being a huge pokemon fan, I didn't immediately recognize them for what they were. The boxes looked official enough on a quick inspection and I'm not familiar enough with the series to know all the games. My plan was to flip these games in order to recoup my money on the other games I bought and plan to keep.

So here's my question: First, Is it legal to sell these on ebay? I would never try to pass them off as legitimate games and would be very, very clear that they are not official pokemon games. But, even saying that, does eBay allow bootleg stuff to be sold like that?

Second, assuming I could legally sell them, is there a market for them? I'm thinking along the lines of a novelty for collectors and pokemon fans. For bootlegs, they seem really well done. The box art it pretty high quality with official Nintendo seals and ESRB ratings. The cartridges have all the markings a real game would. They wouldn't pass a really thorough inspection (especially the instruction manuals, but they would look pretty nice on a shelf.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I've sold a replica nba jersey on eBay, listed it as not official. I wasn't supposed to, but I bought it from someone who said it was legit. Bootlegs/replicas are sold all the time on eBay: especially nes/snes games that never came out like star fox 2 and earthbound zero. But can you sell them on eBay? No, you are not supposed to. I'm not telling you whether or not to do that, but they could suspend your account. I don't even think you can sell them here on CAG.

Honestly, I would try to get your money back from the seller. Or maybe there's someone who likes to collect bootlegs, who knows, people collect/buy everything.

[quote name='Allwhowander'] They wouldn't pass a really thorough inspection (especially the instruction manuals, but they would look pretty nice on a shelf.[/QUOTE]
They wouldn't even pass a quick glance for any fan. Heh. They're still cool in a way, though. And no, they're not allowed on eBay (not sure about CAG). Personally, I think bootlegs are neat to have as long as they are well-made and are obvious fakes. I still wouldn't pay much for them, though, and I'm sure most folks would feel the same way. Out of curiosity, what were you hoping to get for them?

FInally got around to posting my Gemini/Atari photos. Here they are.
http://flic.kr/p/bzh3wi
These are just the doubles. Nothing to write home about.
http://flic.kr/p/bzh3uK
This is the Gemini. I cleaned it up inside and out, and it's now in the home of a fellow collector, along with the games above.
http://flic.kr/p/bmnofY
These are the cases and games I kept. Note the manuals - every game came with one.

All in all, a decent find. Nothing crazy to brag about, but I successfully flipped everything I already owned/didn't want in less than a week. Thumbs up.

Still haven't figured out how to embed photos in a post - any tips?

Honestly, those are pretty damn awesome looking in my opinion. Do they actually play and save well without freezing? I used to have an old Pokemon Black for the GBA. It had altered pokemon movesets, areas and trainers. Sadly after about 30 hours it crashed on me was an interesting experience though.

Have you tested those games out? If they don't have any major issues, I'd be interested in picking them up. Googling those specific ones don't led me to a hands down fatal error on'em.

Edit -- Okay, apparently BlueSea is the lowest of the low. Darn shame too :| I was interested in that one the most.
Edit -- Welp, I don't know about that crystal edition. But those other three don't sound fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Allwhowander']I paid $4 each for them. I'm not looking to make any profit, so I'd sell them for that plus shipping.[/QUOTE]
As much as I'd like to have them and also help you out, I'll have to pass. That would be about $20-$25 for fake games that I never actually plan on playing. Heh. Hopefully RabbitSuit or someone else will want to take them off your hands.

Did pretty well today:

Gamecube Bundle - $20
- Purple Gamecube System Complete with Hook-ups
- 1 Official Purple Controller
- 1 Wireless Wavebird Controller with Receiver
- 1 Madcatz Wired Controller
- Official Carrying Case (Holds system games and cords)
- Mario Party 5 (Complete)
- Mario Kart: Double Dash (Complete)
- Super Smash Bros. Melee (Complete)
- 007: Nightfire (Complete)
- Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly (Disc Only)
- Sonic Adventure: DX (Disc Only)
- Super Monkey Ball (Disc Only)
- Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition (Disc Only) (Wish this was complete but still awesome)

Wii: SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 (Sealed) - $1

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Complete) - $2

Kirby Air Ride (Missing Manual) - $2

I'll put up pics later.

Just landed a decent lot of stuff out of a basement today. Spent more than I intended, but ended up with some nice finds, and will easily make my money back on the transaction (already have recouped 75% of my cost in less than 24 hours). Here's what I landed:

NES with one controller and gun
Mega Man 5
Master Fu and The Drunkard Hu
Tombs and Treasures
P.O.W.
Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom
Bad Dudes
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Super Mario/Duck Hunt

Super Nintendo with two controllers

Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country CIB
F-Zero
Mario Paint With Mouse Pad (no mouse)
Road Runner Death Valley Rally
Skuljagger
Home Alone 2
Final Fight
The Tick
Rival Turf
Turtles IV
E.V.O. - Search For Eden

Nintendo 64 with two controllers, Memory Card and Rumble Pack
Goldeneye 007
GT64
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Kart 64
WCW Mayhem
Doom
Fighter Destiny
F1 Pole Position 64

Sega Genesis Games
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Pat Riley Basketball
FIFA International Soccer
College Slam
World Championship Soccer
Lakers Vs. Celtics
NBA Live 95

PS2 Games
SOCOM II
NHL 2003
Battlefield 2
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
SOCOM 3
ATV Offroad Fury

PS3 Games
Motor Storm
Call Of Duty: World At War
SOCOM Confrontation

Plus two boxes of random cables and controllers and everything I need for a Power Glove, minus the Power Glove. The woman that sold me the stuff is still going through boxes, and is going to give me a call when/if she finds the missing mouse/Power Glove. Hopefully she located some more gems while she is looking.

Will eventually post photos of the stuff I kept - the NES, SNES and N64 are already gone, as is Mario World and an unboxed Donkey Kong Country. Hoping to dump the PS2 and 3 stuff too, as well as any other doubles that are floating around.

I've still got about 2 months for any yard sales to start up around here. So in the mean time I'm writing an app for my phone to keep track of my entire collection so I know what I have. Also it has prices from VGPC which I can update on the fly. Not as accurate as looking at ebay prices but it still gives me a good ballpark figure. It should speed up my yard saling when I see games and I'm not sure if they're valuable or if I can't remember if I already own them.

Here are my finds from the past couple of weeks...been nice with 75-80 degree weather...

I had a pretty good score yesterday hitting up this ghetto adjacent, "yuppie seller" yardsale
5L65K35F13Mb3Fc3o4c314b0a79421a631cd0.jpg
, although I forgot to ask about the comics they had pictured in their ads.

I couldn't get there exactly at the "no early birds" starting time of 9, got there about 9:30 but they still had a phenomenal amount of stuff I cherry picked out. Although from the pic they posted above, I see a bunch more stuff I would have bought particularly any other quality/rare/valuable PS1 games especially the long box RE. Someone apparently spent $150 on games and whatnot at this sale just before I got there, but they were obviously clueless/stupid because they left so much quality/high value stuff. The sellers also had multiple sealed copies of newish X360, PS3, Wii etc. games like Insect Armageddon (asking $10), Transformers WFC (asking $15), and a TON of shovelware/Nickelodeon games but they were asking too much for everything I left behind, along with an overpriced beat to hell Atari/games, a DC with a binder full of burned games, and miscellaneous controllers.

I got an absolute STEAL on the GC, PS2, and PS1 games as well as the pair of X360 games I cherry picked...though I paid more than I wanted (girl was hardballing but I got her down from $40 for the games below), paid $28 total for the games and $2 for the sealed Risk (cheapest sealed one of this 1998 version on amazon is over $100) and old/original Trivial Pursuit Genus Edition, so $30 out the door. Everything is complete and all discs are mint. Always nice though, when various single items/games in your score are worth more individually than what you pay for the entire bundle.

The GTA:SA is the original "hot coffee" print.
6b18ea16.jpg

e8ead881.jpg

82d5fede.jpg

At another sale from a couple of weeks ago, scored the 3 Gundam models (2 sealed, 1 top left open but not started - all pieces complete and still on spine/stems) pictured below for $10 total and the score of all scores, mint/complete/beautiful Bowen Silver Surfer statue for $30. Worth at least 10 times that easily. Only took it out to inspect it prior to purchase, everything is perfect from the styrofoam to the box to the original plastic bag cover for the box.

169ecc38.jpg

2c7f4e25.jpg

[quote name='TiKi2']^^ nice finds, haven't seen you here in a while.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, been so busy it's hard to find time to post. Check this out though, I just went to this sale about an hour ago after lunch, since it's a block away from my inlaws, and scored the following for $25

Skyrim X360 factory sealed
007 Monopoly factory sealed
Ice Cold Beer sign (possibly a reproduction but mmmmm...beer!)

01eec98f.jpg

These guys (4 of them running the sale or maybe hanging out/selling their stuff with the main guy who lives there?) have their sale going just today, and since it was so close to my inlaws we are visiting today, I decided to swing by. Glad I did. They had some lousy DS games out so I immediately asked about games, especially "any old ones like cartridges/tapes that Gamestop doesn't take" (thanks for that one slowdive). The guys who live there had already sold most of their games but they said what they had previously sold were mainly sports games so I figured I didn't lose out.

One of the guys there though works at THQ and said he had some brand new sealed games in his car (thanks for not putting them out LOL!), guess he was just there at his buddy's sale. He told me he had Skyrim, WWE and some other games, so I asked about Skyrim. He said he'd sell it for $30 or $40, but I told him it's on sale this week for $30 (at least I think it is LOL - EDIT just checked and it's $40 at Best Buy whoops), and he agreed to give it to me for $20. My nephews picked up WWE 12 brand new sealed for $20...too rich for my blood for a wrestling game, but they will no doubt get their money's worth playing the hell out of it.

I was looking up some of the items they still had left, and noted that the 007 Monopoly game's cheapest listing is $60 on amazon, so asked about that one. $10, but they would take $5 so I agreed and they threw in the beer sign. $25 total for brand new sealed Skyrim, brand new 007 Monopoly and beer sign, plus $20 from nephew for WWE12.

They also had a sealed Grateful Dead Beyond Description Boxed Set that I tried to get thrown in for $5-10, but they said "we looked it up and it's like $100-150, so we want at least $40 for it because that's what we can get at Amoeba...". That would have been a nice additional score, but c'est la vie.

Hey new guy here. first time poster, long time reader. I finally got a chance to go yard sale-ing, an i went big. (hit more than 15 yard sales) Heres some pics of my find this last weekend :D

first up, found a box of Sega CD games (over 30 games) For $3. sold two of the games on eBay so far, for $35

2012-03-04112635.jpg

After I bought that the guy asked if I was interested in Genesis. I said hell yea. he brought a box of genesis games out from the back. He gave it to me for $2 xD

2012-03-04113813.jpg

then I made a few random other finds throughout the day. an snes deck only for $2, a GBC with a MINT copy of pokemon red in it for $3, And a huge stack of anime for $5 (robotech macross saga 1 - 6, masters 7 - 9 still shrink wrapped, and an "import" box set of beserk)

2012-03-04114240.jpg

BAHAHAHAHAHA. Im psyched for my first yard selling exp :cool:

Edit: If anyone's interested in the Sega Cd games I threw them up on eBay (i don't collect disk systems)
The Starting bid Is Half what they have sold for in the past on avg. Let me know and I'll Give you the link

[quote name='SnesGuy']
BAHAHAHAHAHA. Im psyched for my first yard selling exp :cool:[/QUOTE]

Nice finds; a respectable haul by any standard. You will have days where you hit it big multiple times, and other days where you find next to nothing. It's part skill and part luck, which is what makes it so much fun. The question is...will you keep going out after you have a couple of bad weeks in a row? Only you can answer that.

[quote name='Floopy']Nice finds; a respectable haul by any standard. You will have days where you hit it big multiple times, and other days where you find next to nothing. It's part skill and part luck, which is what makes it so much fun. The question is...will you keep going out after you have a couple of bad weeks in a row? Only you can answer that.[/QUOTE]

It was actually pretty disheartening that I didn't see a single snes game (which was what i was interested in) But I completely plan on going out whenever i can. :p

I was pretty excited to find two genesis games that appear to be RPG's in that lot. :cool:

[quote name='SnesGuy']

2012-03-04114240.jpg

BAHAHAHAHAHA. Im psyched for my first yard selling exp :cool:

Edit: If anyone's interested in the Sega Cd games I threw them up on eBay (i don't collect disk systems)
The Starting bid Is Half what they have sold for in the past on avg. Let me know and I'll Give you the link[/QUOTE]

Hmm, older robotech sets with the coverart variations are always interesting. I think I got something like $20 + shipping for the Macross section alone on ebay; don't quote me on that though, it depends on the price of the Protoculture Collection and now they've released yet another boxset. o_O

Berserk is a good find too, just be warned however that you may have a bootleg:

http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-Complete-Episodes-1-25/dp/B000H2G6CC/

Last edited:
[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Hmm, older robotech sets with the coverart variations are always interesting. I think I got something like $20 + shipping for the Macross section alone on ebay; don't quote me on that though, it depends on the price of the Protoculture Collection and now they've released yet another boxset. o_O

Berserk is a good find too, just be warned however that you may have a bootleg:

http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-Complete-Episodes-1-25/dp/B000H2G6CC/[/QUOTE]

haha. hence the quotation marks when i said import. I usually assume box sets in that style are boot legs. I have a drawer packed with em, and another drawer packed with legit US copies of anime. lol.

bread's done
Back