Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

I just sold that Die Hard game with the manual for $100( came with a NES bundle for $15 )......... holy f***

I did play it for a few hours before I sold it. It found it VERY hard but it's a really cool game. Much more different than many games back then.

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']For me it's been:

PS1 (I had the one with the screen attached :D)--> Game Boy Color --> Gamecube --> DS Lite --> PS3[/QUOTE]

Interesting sequence there, I haven't seen too many people jumping from Playstation to Nintendo and then back to Playstation.

For me it was more like NES -> SNES / Gameboy -> PS1 / Dreamcast -> PS2 / PC. Only recently have I been able to backfill with gamecube, gba, and ds.

I'll never forget renting Dragon Warrior games for the NES though, back when there was such a thing as independent video stores...

Let's see...

Started with Atari, then Nintendo, SNES/Genesis, PS1, PS2, Wii, 360. And that's before getting in the resale business.

Had a Game Boy grey, too, but that was it for handhelds.

I take from this that everyone else is having about as bad of luck as I've been having? Boy, this heat sucks.

^ Dude it's been raining here every weekend for the last 3 months. It seems as though every saturday I drive back home in the rain. Sunday's are better though.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Interesting sequence there, I haven't seen too many people jumping from Playstation to Nintendo and then back to Playstation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess I just didn't care about the brand or sticking with 1 brand when I was younger. I just picked whatever system I thought was coolest for each gen.

Oh was this supposed to be order of systems we got? Okay time to go again!

PS1, gameboy pocket, gameboy color, n64, gameboy advance, PC, upgraded PC, wii, ds lite, xbox 360.

Now that I got into reselling I picked these up too: gameboy advance sp, gamecube, n64, nes

I like Ninja Turtles, too. In fact, it got my summer off to a good start when I found TMNT II for the NES at a yard sale for a buck.

And we're back.

Mine goes something like . . .

2600 > Colecovision > College > Drinking > Sex > Graduate School > Marriage > SNES > N64 > PS2/GameCube/Xbox > Wii/PS3/360

[quote name='Artrigis']Sorry if it feels like im rubbing it in your nose's guys, just was really excited lol.

So heres the lot, I got everything here for $21, except dungeon master and golden eye which I got $2 each at separate sales.
All complete with box and manuals.

Gamegenie complete with box and manual, super mario all stars manual only. Carts are super mario rpg legend of seven stars, super mario world, supre star wars, and dungeon master.

Games are complete with box and manual. Asciipad is missing manual.

Individual GB game is tiny toons, kirby is complete with box and manual. ren and stimpy and super mario land are box only, no games. Super mario land 2 golden coins was box and manual only, but I had the game, so have the complete set now.

So all snes games are complete except for the asciipad with no manual. Went to an individual sale that advertised video games, was there 30 min early.
Didn't see them out so asked, they brough out a big tub full of these games, 2 CiB original gameboys with box / manuals, and a dreamcast with 2 controllers, no hookups. They wanted 15 for each gameboy, so didn't get them. Dreamcast I didn't want incomplete.
Offered $15 initially for the game lot and they accepted, but then another family member jumped in and said at least $1 each for $21 so I happily accepted that offer.

Edit: With the value of these games, and two weeks in a row of finding good snes games. I need to buy myself a console to test these games out. I've never seen a snes in the wild, what is my best bet? One of those FC twin turbo systems?[/QUOTE]

I've had this posted on Craigslist for awhile in a large SNES bundle. Everything in the pics except for the gameboy, n64 stuff.

Mostly resellers offering me $100 and laughing at me when I tell them I know they are worth a lot more than that. But got an offer today that I accepted.

A collector offered $200, I figured if hes the type of person to spend $200 on some boxed games, he would probably be a yardsailer and have a spare SNES lying around. Sure enough he had one, with all hookups and 2 controllers.

So $200 + the snes for those games. I am happy with that.. do you think I did alright?

[quote name='schultzed']Mine goes something like . . .

2600 > Colecovision > College > Drugs > Sex > Graduate School > Marriage > SNES > N64 > PS2/GameCube/Xbox > Wii/PS3/360[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you

[quote name='TiKi2']^ I don't know how you were able to squeeze out $200 and SNES out of that.[/QUOTE]

Eh, the Mario RPG cart and Turtles in Time alone are worth ~$100. There's over $200 value there for sure but he did luck out getting full value in a lot rather than having to get rid of each thing individually.

Yeah, 40 for mario RPG, 50 for turtles in time. 35 game genie, 25 mario kart, 25 donkey kong country, 40 asciipad. Thats 215 right there not counting the other games. I don't think he is getting a bad deal at all personally.

Eh, guy was a flake. Was supposed to answer a call at 730AM and didn't. Were supposed to meet up at 8am. Called back at 9 left a message, no return call. Oh well, back to getting lowballed by resellers on craigslist then.

Well, this lot I bought for $20, plus it came with a few other games like Link to the Past, Mario World, etc... Already sold the other games, so that's why they aren't pictured. But still, I think the two items I have left make a good picture.

DSC04903.jpg

Are boxed NES' worth anthing?

[quote name='Obiwan456']Well, this lot I bought for $20, plus it came with a few other games like Link to the Past, Mario World, etc... Already sold the other games, so that's why they aren't pictured. But still, I think the two items I have left make a good picture.

DSC04903.jpg

Are boxed NES' worth anthing?[/QUOTE]

They are actually worth less than Enron stock. Oh shit, wait.....

Oh, okay then. No big deal, still got Earthbound. My second copy. Still haven't even sold my first copy. I really need to get ebay or something set up.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Oh, okay then. No big deal, still got Earthbound. My second copy. Still haven't even sold my first copy. I really need to get ebay or something set up.[/QUOTE]

Just in case you haven't played Earthbound yet, I would highly recommend you do ;)
Great finds BTW :D

^^^ Nice job on the Earthbound and boxed NES.

It has been raining here the past few days. Despite that I had some luck.

The games in the back are Rugrats and Double Dragon. Also pictures is a Animal Crossing mem card and Pacman for the GBA

N64 has expansion. Got everything above for $20.

At other sales I got this stuff.

DKC w/manual, Zelda LA DX, Pocket Bomberman, Power Quest, and Dragon Warrior Monster's 2: Tara's Adv. All for $13

$1 for everything. Pretty pumped for LoZ:OoS choose your own adventure book. At the same sale another person saw I was buying books and asked if I wanted a bag of books for free. They were in the back of her trunk. It felt like an arms deal was going down. lol

[quote name='Eagle3ye']Just in case you haven't played Earthbound yet, I would highly recommend you do ;)
Great finds BTW :D[/QUOTE]

I hated Earthbound . . . which is why I got rid of it . . . now I wish I had loved it :)

Decent day. Had two finds:

Luigi's Mansion (GC)
Star Wars Clone Wars (GC)
NBA Street (GC)
Tekken Tag Tournament (ps2)
Ace Combat 5(ps2)
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (ps2)
Mercenaries (ps2)

All for 5.00.

Then another guy had nothing out but when I asked came out with a bunch of Game Boy stuff. I asked how much and he pulled out the smart phone... said the two sps were 30 each. I quickly asked if he would do 5 games for 10 before he could individually price them and he took it. I got:

Pokemon Yellow (gbc)
Tetris (gb)
Ms pac man (gb)
Mario Kart Super Circuit (gba)
Spyro Season of Ice (gba)

Pokemin Yellow should more than pay for the day.

[quote name='te619']Picked these up for $10. The kid said he'd have more out tomorrow....guess I'm yard sailing again tomorrow :)

img1743vx.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Damn nice. you can probably double or triple your money for the ico or pokemon games

I think every single sale I went to today had guitar from guitar hero and drums. Hot as fuck got a bit of heat exhaustion talking with an old dog for 1/2 hour in direct sun, don't think I'll be going out the next couple weeks. Nothing too good I'll post a pics later.

There wasn't really a lot of sales to go to for me this week. Actually no community sales local at all. Checked craigslist for some new postings of yard sales this morning around 8, I wasn't planning on going anywhere today for the first time in months. But found a few promising ones, actually just 2, but were both pretty local.

First sale told me they already sold a big box of games by time I got there.

Ill finish up the story in a bit with pictures of my haul. Was definitely a very interesting day for me. Teaser: spent total of $70

I'll put pics up later... I'm so beat.

N64 Mario Party 3 - $0.50
N64 Zelda Majora's Mask - $0.50
PS2 Slim - $10
PS2 Slim (2) - $7
PS2 Fat - $5
PS2 Metal Gear Solid 3 - $1

So I had a cautiously optimistic thought about my (and most others') bad luck this summer with garage sales.

This weather's been brutal in the midwest. I've had no luck at garage sales the last two months; it's all been at flea markets or thrift stores. Part of it's me not being able to G-sale until Saturday, but the weather hasn't helped. But I don't think I'm alone on that. I don't think anyone's been willing to either go to a bunch of garage sales or sit and run their own.

So I'm hoping, cautiously, that the garage sale season's not done for the year, just postponed until this stuff dies down. If that's the case, I'm willing to wait until September or even October to do sales.

Anyone else have this mindset?

Not many sales where I tromp... only game related was a PS2 slim with extras for $5 (asking $10) and a few nes games with more importantly some htf empty nes game boxes/manuals for $2 (my offer) boxes were a couple megamans and mario...
or and a minty 360 COD WOW $2 mixed in with some DVDs...

non game related of note... bike repair stand with a couple tools for $5... helluva deal!
yesterday a motorcycle jack for $20, been looking since last year when I stupidly passed on a $15 (asking price) for one..:roll:

There are hardly any sales here, the heat is a problem, also my area is not prepared for this heat, probably 50% of the people in my city don't even have a window air conditioner, so we have tons of people living in houses that are easily over 100 degrees inside. If you don't think NY state gets hot, think again! However I think the fact that the local paper charges $29 for a yard sale ad is the biggest problem, as more people would put ads in the paper if the price wasn't so ridiculously high.

Most of the people here at sales just have stuff that is not wanted by anyone, stuff that has no value and probably should be donated, sent to a landfill or the recycling bin, or stuff that you can get for free on craigslist. Almost every house has a massive CRT TV, some houses have more than 1 TV, and none are selling, not even for $3 and $5. Not to mention that most houses charge way more than this. Also guitar hero and rock band, I see this stuff at almost every house too, so you are not alone, but again it is not selling since no one wants it. Most of the houses I go to have baby stuff and children's toys for about 2-5 year olds, and this stuff just don't move here second hand since everyone's kids are already loaded with too many toys. I see very few toys for children over 5. But people are more than happy to go to Walmart and fill up a cart with everything and anything. I go to houses at 1-3 PM, sometimes on the 3rd day of the sale.. and most are still sitting with a full load of stuff.. yeah.

One thing I know for sure is that whomever made these music games probably made a crap ton of money on them, but they aren't being used by anyone anymore, so honestly at this point they are landfill material, especially since there is a crap ton of this stuff being sold. I see about as much of this music game stuff as I see CRT's and old VCR's (ironically you can make a bit on old VCR's if you know what you are doing) I can't believe people spent retail for this stuff with some sets going for $250 originally..

Wii games aren't selling here either, Wii stuff is gonna be dumped as much as rock band and guitar hero in the next few years, I saw a bunch of Wii games for $5 each today, no mario's but decent titles but not all shovelware, lots of people at the sale, and no one buying it..

Also another question, if someone knows the answer, I am seeing a lot of apex DVD players at sales, does anyone know which is the one that you can easily change regions on, I seem to remember an Apex DVD player being sold at one point that was very easy to change region settings on and was known for that.

Pretty dry here in Missouri as well. Picked up an Intellivision with 12 games for $3. Super excited for that because I've never had or seen one before. It was the only thing I got today, but I'm still happy.

I did see an old grumpy man selling some Xbox games and Nintendo DS's. Here's the conversation:

Me: How much for the Modern Warfare 4 for X360?
Him: Well, its $60 in store, so I'll give it to you for $10.
Me: How about the two DS systems?
Him: Well those run $120 in store, but I'll give you a deal. Both for $120! And I'll throw in MW4!! Can't pass that up!
Me: lolgtfo
Him: If you don't get them now the kids will be by soon and buy'em up.
Me: ok.

^That's been most of my season thus far. That and straight up trash sales. Ah well, take the good with the bad.

I haven't had any luck on the video game front in MO, but I did find some stuff today at a Church Rummage Sale. I got a leather briefcase for $1 and a huge old stainless steel thermos for $1.
I also picked up a hamburger, chips and a drink for $3. It was quite tasty.

[quote name='TheHeef']So I had a cautiously optimistic thought about my (and most others') bad luck this summer with garage sales.

This weather's been brutal in the midwest. I've had no luck at garage sales the last two months; it's all been at flea markets or thrift stores. Part of it's me not being able to G-sale until Saturday, but the weather hasn't helped. But I don't think I'm alone on that. I don't think anyone's been willing to either go to a bunch of garage sales or sit and run their own.

So I'm hoping, cautiously, that the garage sale season's not done for the year, just postponed until this stuff dies down. If that's the case, I'm willing to wait until September or even October to do sales.

Anyone else have this mindset?[/QUOTE]

Same here. :cry: Finding more at thrifts lately.

[quote name='Pyloric']
Me: How much for the Modern Warfare 4 for X360?
Him: Well, its $60 in store, so I'll give it to you for $10.
[/QUOTE]

Well, since apparently he's a time traveler maybe the value of cash is different in our era.

My first stop was at a sale that advertised game systems in a town that is known for having a very active yard sale community, so I expected to get beat even though I was there about 10 minutes early. Was really excited to see a box of playstation 1/2, xbox, and gamecube games. Ended up paying $23 for the following:

Mario Party 7
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros Melee
Mario Superstar Baseball
Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life
Croc Legend of the Gobbos
Monster Rancher 2
Syphon Filter
The World is Not Enough
Monster Rancher 2 (case only sadly)
(not pictured) Playstation 2 fat with network adapter/hard drive

Everything is complete except for Mario Party, Harvest Moon, and Croc. Mario Superstar Baseball was missing from its case but the lady running the sale found it in the Gamecube (as someone was getting ready to pay for it). That same person had snatched Battlefront 2 for Xbox before I made it there. Pretty happy, the rest of the day was mostly a bust. Passed on $8 DS games and a $10 Genesis 2 with no controllers or games.

I hooked up the Playstation 2 hoping to find my missing Monster Rancher 2, opened it up and... The Sims. fuck

No gaming related items but I did picked up the following:
Ati 4850 video card for $3
Ihome portable player $1
Fake dooney an Burke purse (thought it was real) $6
Computer chair $1.50
OJ simpson football autograph for $5

[quote name='leecy']
Everything is complete except for Mario Party, Harvest Moon, and Croc. Mario Superstar Baseball was missing from its case but the lady running the sale found it in the Gamecube (as someone was getting ready to pay for it). That same person had snatched Battlefront 2 for Xbox before I made it there. Pretty happy, the rest of the day was mostly a bust. Passed on $8 DS games and a $10 Genesis 2 with no controllers or games.

I hooked up the Playstation 2 hoping to find my missing Monster Rancher 2, opened it up and... The Sims. fuck[/QUOTE]

That guy is probably pissed. I bet he saw the game and figured it was a good bonus with the GC system.

[quote name='SaraAB']
Also another question, if someone knows the answer, I am seeing a lot of apex DVD players at sales, does anyone know which is the one that you can easily change regions on, I seem to remember an Apex DVD player being sold at one point that was very easy to change region settings on and was known for that.[/QUOTE]

I had an Apex DVD player in maybe 2000 or 2001 (before the $20 Walmart ones), and it had some kind of menu setting so you could bypass the country code. I trashed it a long time ago because it burned out. I can't remember the model number, but the thing was big and it was like $90. I'll see if I can find a pic of it and identify it.

I have seen a lot of Rock Band drum kits, no guitars or games though. I can actually play guitar so that stuff is pretty much trash to me. I think those games were dumb, because someone could press buttons and "play" Symphony of Destruction, or I could pull out the guitar and melt your face with the real riff.

Yard sale fail for me today, probably 20 sales, saw a single Wii with Mario Kart for $100. Didn't see shit else, no electronics, no DVDs, no antiques, musical instruments, RC Airplanes, or cool toys. Pretty much a treasure free day. :cry: As SaraAB said, great deals on kid's toys and clothes, but no one was buying here either. Nice stuff too.

Went to a new (for me) flea market, smelled like my great-grandma's attic, and there were no deals there. A few game resellers wanting eBay prices, and clothing vendors, not my cup of tea. Was pretty much a waste of time. Only thing I saw was a dirty ass Wii controller, I was going to buy it just to remember my fails of the day, but my wife said no.

I did eat some awesome fish at the local fresh seafood market, found out where my new job I start in 2 weeks will be, and got Heroes of Ruin in the mail, so a partial win for me on some level.

Maybe next week I'll find some games and/or Disney DVDs.

Oh yea, funny story.

I had scored 3 playstation 2's today at a neighborhood's first community sale.

I happened upon another seller with a PS2 fat. I noticed the PS2 was marked $15. I asked him if he'd be willing to come down on it. He replied, "Yea, I'll take $50 for it."

Bewildered I replied, "50? You have it marked at $15."

He replied, "No that's $65."

Confused, I looked back down at the system and noticed that it was indeed a very skinny "6" that had misled me.

Concerned for his well being and possible mental atrophy, I informed him, "You know you can get those at Gamestop for $40."

His sister then replied to me, "No, we looked it up online."

Still in disbelief, the first thought that came time mind was, "Where did you look? Retard.com?"

With all my might, I restrained the desire to blurt out my rude but very valid question. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I did let out a muffled laugh/snort (a "snorgh" if you will) as I walked away from the yard sale with prices 33% higher than retail.

bread's done
Back