Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='schultzed']Plus you can do anything you like if you don't give a fuck about anybody but yourself :)[/QUOTE]

Thats me!

deal-with-it-cat.jpg

Anyfart..... I found a 3DO of all things out in the middle of nowhere! It had a few crappy games with it, its the Goldstar model. I am debating keeping it or selling it, Its worth a little over $100 and the only game that looks half-way decent for it is the Street Fighter 2 game, plus I'd rather have the Panasonic model for my own collection. I paid $20 which I guess is a decent deal since I don't have one yet....the same person also had a ton of atari and intellivision games for 50 cents each so I just picked out the ones I didn't already have. After I got home and looked them up I saw that Fathom for Intellivison was in there and it is apparently one of the hardest to find Intellivison games. I guess that was my "karma" for the fake sale :lol:! But hey I've already been the victim of tons of fake sales so aren't I just evening things out?

My pick ups this week.

FOR FREE- Xbox 360 Rock Band 1 drum set( no pedal or sticks ), 2 Xbox 360 guitar hero guitars( the GH2 guitar and the Les Paul guitar ). Also got a PS3 guitar. Owner told me he didn't know if they work. Tested them out- they all work :D

For $30- Gamecube games- a Spongebob game, Yugioh The Falsebound Kingdom, Metroid Prime 1/2, Super Monkey Ball, Star Fox Assault, and BeyBlade VForce. All of the games are complete.

Crows you have the logic of a retarded ape.

@Ferrari I see those damn things at every other garage sale.

Usually goes like this

Me: "Do you have any video games?"
Seller:"No we sold them all already, but we do have the guitar and drumset from guitar hero."

[quote name='schultzed']I bought a set of lawn darts today (maybe pic later) with metal tips.

Now, where do I sell them? Slowdive . . . any ideas?[/QUOTE]

yeah, I would like to know also... but in the meantime... play with them!

Found a full set of metal lawn darts with hoops last year for $3. It's BS they were outlawed in the first place; if some kid wants to throw them in the air and try to catch them that's just Darwin at work. When I was young society wasn't afraid to let the herd thin itself out, now kids are required to wear a helmet when they piss. Know what myself and the other neighborhood kids would do when we were bored? We would have rock fights.

/get off my lawn.

[quote name='yourlefthand']I ended up trading my set of jarts for an ipod and some wii games. I didn't want to sell them because of the ban.[/QUOTE]

Are they are really worth that much? I bought a set at Goodwill for a couple bucks a while back. Too bad no box or anything, but it had the jarts and hoops. Fun game I must admit.

I had a case of the super-rare "phone number obtained from a yard sale panning out into something" last week. Snagged myself an NES Console, SNES Console and 32 games for $150. It was a bit more than I would like to pay, but the value was there: 10 Games CIB, some near mint, manuals, and etc. Highlights include:

Castlevania 4
Contra 3 w/ manual
Lolo 2 w/ manual
Contra
Super C
Earthworm Jim CIB
Gradius 3 CIB
Mickey Mania CIB

A few of the CIBs were sports / commons (like an Othello I might as well keep) but still I'd conservatively value the lot at around $340.

[quote name='schultzed']I bought a set of lawn darts today (maybe pic later) with metal tips.

Now, where do I sell them? Slowdive . . . any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I still have mine. I believe they are illegal to resell.

I had my find of the year today...but that doesn't mean much as it has been a crap year for me.

[quote name='Pyloric']Are they are really worth that much? I bought a set at Goodwill for a couple bucks a while back. Too bad no box or anything, but it had the jarts and hoops. Fun game I must admit.[/QUOTE]

To the right person, yes. If you risk selling them on ebay they go for 80 to 100 but get cancelled almost immediately.

[quote name='slowdive21']I still have mine. I believe they are illegal to resell.

I had my find of the year today...but that doesn't mean much as it has been a crap year for me.[/QUOTE]
is it worth posting? or at least mentioning?

[quote name='uiengineer']is it worth posting? or at least mentioning?[/QUOTE]

Eventually I will catch up with my posts. I have to take pics/sort out what I actually bought since it was a mixed lot. I have about 200 pictures to post to CAG for garage sales, thrift, etc. I'm getting a little overwhelmed trying to keep up with the deals, pics, buying a home, and everything else.

List them as "box only" and in the listing state that this is just for the BOX ONLY for collectors, that you aren't allowed to include the darts according the ebay rules. Then people will message you asking to buy it with the darts.

Granted, that's if you have the box...

[quote name='Cmosfm']List them as "box only" and in the listing state that this is just for the BOX ONLY for collectors, that you aren't allowed to include the darts according the ebay rules. Then people will message you asking to buy it with the darts.

Granted, that's if you have the box...[/QUOTE]

This is a handy strategy for all sorts of recalled items. It's common to see recalled corelle percolator coffee pot parts for sale with suspiciously high shipping weights.

[quote name='yourlefthand']This is a handy strategy for all sorts of recalled items. It's common to see recalled corelle percolator coffee pot parts for sale with suspiciously high shipping weights.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and eBay won't pull an item on suspicion. Also you can offer free shipping and factor it into the cost of the item, looks even less suspicious! :)

Picked up the Advance SP, Game Boy Color, and DS Lite today for ten bucks, not too bad. Also gave the lady my number for a Gamecube she still has somewhere for when she finds it. She had a huge box with a PS2 and like 40 games for 20 bucks, but I didn't bite, most of the games were old Maddens and other sports games, only good one she had was MGS3.

IMG_0063.jpg

Didn't really find much. Found boxes of Dvds for a buck a piece but I didn't bite. Actually saw some anime but they were either priced too high or I just didn't want them.

Actually saw a FF7 in a sale. I was gonna buy it, until I looked inside. Guess what I found? Music CDs. So sad. Lol. :lol: Other than that, just a bunch of VHS and Sports Titles.

Bad weekend for me. My brother went out, the supposed community sales had 3 people total. Another community sale had total 5.

I wasnt planning on going out, but ended up checking a community sale. Found not much.. $3 for rayman 3 ps2 (I sold a copy of this for $17 a few months ago, value for it now is like $7)
Spent $15 on Forza 4, discs look pretty good. Ill keep this one, been waiting to get it for cheap.

nothing else though

Also went to one of the Realty Sales. All I found was a bunch of furniture. And all the sales were very small. It was like they didn't try. Maybe next week will be better for us.

Got a PS2 Fat + Controller for $5

Then got a Crimson DS Lite in (CIB) w/ standard and car charges and Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros both CIB for $30.

^^ Not bad August. Should be an easy $80+ CL flip.

Flea markets arent worth your time. At least in CA. Full of resellers asking ebay prices plus on everything.

Funny... I would say the opposite for both the things you mentioned... Last time I went to a flea market here it was a good 500 dollars profit via ebay... on the other hand the Craigslist here is dead

[quote name='Artrigis']^^ Not bad August. Should be an easy $80+ CL flip.

Flea markets arent worth your time. At least in CA. Full of resellers asking ebay prices plus on everything.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, well, not in my area anyway. I live in Orange County and I go to this one flea market/swap meet and I get some good games for good prices. I tend to avoid the obvious resellers and go for the more homely stalls.

I just picked up a Wii fit with board for $5, original Wii wheel for 1$ and a copy of boogie for $1. Wii dumping here has officially started. There was other stuff too but I left it since it was the nyko charger for $2 and some guitar hero stuff which I do not want.

Flea markets are such a mixed bag, there are a lot of resellers with insane prices, but there are also resellers who will bargain a bit and you can get a good deal, and there are some people who just don't know what they have. The key is getting there early before the resellers go around and buy up the stuff from everyone else that is worth anything.

I was in the Atlanta area until a few months ago when I moved to the Chicago area for my job. I went to two flea markets while I was there. The Dixie 400 on 400 (a little north of Cumming) is a really mixed bag. There is one reseller whose stuff is fairly overpriced and he goes around buying up everyone else's stuff, but sometimes he does miss things. You can also get him to give you a reasonable price if you buy a bunch, I bought some nice stuff from him at a solid price, but you have to buy a bunch.

This flea market is actually two buildings, and he usually doesn't check the second building. The second building is huge and only has two sellers in it, they split it and have a ton. The reseller doesn't hit it and you can get deals. I got plenty of good NES games off of him for 3.00 or so. Also some PS1/PS2/Genesis games at times.

If in the first building you see a Sonic and Knuckles case, don't get excited, its a sports game and has been there for years, lol.

I also went to the Pendergrass flea market where I got some good deals. There are three primary resellers and a lot of others with a few things. Two of the resellers only have solid stuff, nothing amazing, but they have solid prices too, not cheap but below ebay prices. The other is absurd, doesn't price anything and will just throw out 30.00 or 40.00 when you ask him how much anything is. I almost think he just likes to show off what he has.

My best deals there came from guys who only had a few games mixed in with other stuff. Last time I was there I saw or bought:

1.00-Panzer Dragoon 2 Zwei
10.00 Sega Saturn with a crappy game, all cords and a 3d controller
10.00 Colecovision
50.00 boxed Colecovision which was more or less mint.
5.00 Knights of the Old Republic 2

One of the resellers has all the GOOD stuff in cases and marked at eBay prices, but sells everything else 3/10.00. You can get some solid stuff that way for a solid price. Grabbed X-Men Children of the Atom (Saturn), Dragon Warrior (NES), and SSX Tricky (GC) last time.

I try to hit the flea markets that have cheap prices for people to set up tables, and get there early and stick to those areas, then go to the vendors afterwards.

The vendors around here are awful, nothing is priced to sell and it's the same stuff every week. I don't know how they keep it up, because it sure doesn't look like they sell anything. $75 for an NES, $100 for a used DS, $80 for a PS2 is some of the stuff this one guy has.

This is why I'm always scouting CL, and looking on there for yard sales that look promising, and I've even been to some Estate Sales and auctions. I don't make tons of cash, but it's a solid 200-300 a month to pay some bills or whatever, and I keep a lot for my collection.

[quote name='Artrigis']^^ Not bad August. Should be an easy $80+ CL flip.

Flea markets arent worth your time. At least in CA. Full of resellers asking ebay prices plus on everything.[/QUOTE]
Depends on what city you live in. Around here, most of these people have never even seen eBay. But that also means that games are rare finds.

I went for a solid month every weekend, sometimes twice a week. I consistently find much cheaper prices on CL as well as yard sales.

Maybe I am prejudiced to flea markets. Last time I went I literally almost had my foot chopped off.

I was walking by and some asshole started up a hedge trimmer in the middle of the walkway and turned it towards me. The blade was about 1, maybe 2 inches from my foot.

So with that, Ill never go again.

Haven't gone out in about a month due to lousy weather and a low amount of sales but today was nice at least.

076606d73caa035605187bd2dbcb955f.jpg

$10 for this lot.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - MechTech Voyager - Optimus Prime (new)
:wii: TMNT Smash-Up
:pc: LOTR: BFME2: Rise of the Witch King
:br: Thor: Tales of Asgard (missing the DVD but the Blu-Ray is there)

If you ever see this LOTR game, BUY IT. It's worth $40-50 pretty easily.

e7fa3242e5c15adddebceee42c7fc40c.jpg

$1 each for
:dvd: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children :br: Star Trek 2009
PS1 Mega Man Legends & Crash Bandicoot Warped

Never seen Advent Children so why not?
Anybody know if there's a way to check the digital copy from Star Trek without, you know, using it myself?

cc15e3bde8b95c0635151fb4b96697bc.jpg

$10 for this DVD lot. :dvd: LOTR 1-3 Extended DVD editions and :dvd: Gatchaman Collection 1. I'm sure with the blu-rays out the LOTR collections aren't so hot any more but they're in mint shape and if I can't sell 'em I'll be glad to keep those.

Game Boy Color Pokemon Gold Edition- 25 CENTS o_0
Sadly it's in ok condition and doesn't have a battery cover. But still a fantastic deal. Works.

ic6yig.jpg

$30. Made in 1964.
2z73pzo.jpg

5 LEGO Sets and 3 bins of legos-$32. Hoping these sets have all the pieces. I know right now all the characters came with these.

24y0fgz.jpg

30uqvsk.jpg

[quote name='therealdanhill']I try to hit the flea markets that have cheap prices for people to set up tables, and get there early and stick to those areas, then go to the vendors afterwards.

The vendors around here are awful, nothing is priced to sell and it's the same stuff every week. I don't know how they keep it up, because it sure doesn't look like they sell anything. $75 for an NES, $100 for a used DS, $80 for a PS2 is some of the stuff this one guy has.

This is why I'm always scouting CL, and looking on there for yard sales that look promising, and I've even been to some Estate Sales and auctions. I don't make tons of cash, but it's a solid 200-300 a month to pay some bills or whatever, and I keep a lot for my collection.[/QUOTE]

This is how it is around here, the one Flea that I know of is horribly overpriced, thus I can get better deals on ebay and get what I want in working condition with a guarantee, thus I just head for ebay. It wasn't always like that, and I used to be able to get decent deals from a couple booths at the flea but now they are terrible. If I am buying used from a fleamarket the seller has to be able to do better than ebay or else I will just go buy my stuff on there. But most of the stuff around here is priced more than ebay. The only worthwhile stuff would be the $2-3 games you can't get for that price on ebay because shipping exceeds them, and then those are mostly crap titles that no one wants.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Haven't gone out in about a month due to lousy weather and a low amount of sales but today was nice at least.

076606d73caa035605187bd2dbcb955f.jpg

$10 for this lot.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - MechTech Voyager - Optimus Prime (new)
:wii: TMNT Smash-Up
:pc: LOTR: BFME2: Rise of the Witch King
:br: Thor: Tales of Asgard (missing the DVD but the Blu-Ray is there)

If you ever see this LOTR game, BUY IT. It's worth $40-50 pretty easily.

e7fa3242e5c15adddebceee42c7fc40c.jpg

$1 each for
:dvd: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children :br: Star Trek 2009
PS1 Mega Man Legends & Crash Bandicoot Warped

Never seen Advent Children so why not?
Anybody know if there's a way to check the digital copy from Star Trek without, you know, using it myself?

cc15e3bde8b95c0635151fb4b96697bc.jpg

$10 for this DVD lot. :dvd: LOTR 1-3 Extended DVD editions and :dvd: Gatchaman Collection 1. I'm sure with the blu-rays out the LOTR collections aren't so hot any more but they're in mint shape and if I can't sell 'em I'll be glad to keep those.[/QUOTE]

That LOTR game is worth that much? :whistle2:# My friend has that game, I think it's time for me to ask him for it. Haha.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I try to hit the flea markets that have cheap prices for people to set up tables, and get there early and stick to those areas, then go to the vendors afterwards.

This is why I'm always scouting CL, and looking on there for yard sales that look promising, and I've even been to some Estate Sales and auctions. I don't make tons of cash, but it's a solid 200-300 a month to pay some bills or whatever, and I keep a lot for my collection.[/QUOTE]
That's like the one guy around here. He has had a flea market stand at the one local flea here since they opened just about. He used to have a retail store a buncha years ago with some insane prices on DVD's and CD's when they'd first release. But I think that's because he either knew someone who worked at the one CD/DVD packing plant here who was buying them with their employee discount or he worked there himself at night.

Either way, he's still there after I think about ten years or so, so he has to be doing something right to still have a stand there. Either that or he's grandfathered into the place at a really cheap price and just stays there cuz it's so cheap.

But mostly he's the guy I sell my bulk overstock to when I get a deal and I can't get rid of it. He pays decently and I usually make at least what I paid for stuff if not over it. God knows he's better than the local game store owner anymore on pricing for buying stuff.:roll:

[quote name='Olengie']That LOTR game is worth that much? :whistle2:# My friend has that game, I think it's time for me to ask him for it. Haha.[/QUOTE]

The BFME series actually is pretty valuable as far as modern PC games go. Basically the story is, EA had licenses from both the movies (New Line Cinema) and the books (Tolkein Enterprises) and this game was released just before they lost the book license. Also there's the fact that it wasn't released for the 360 version of the game, only PC.

There is also an Anthology version of the game which includes the BFME, BFME2, and the Witch King expansion. That's definitely the most valuable if you can find it, a copy I had that was missing the expansion disc still brought $45.

I both have BFME and BFME2, got them when they were on sale a long time ago. xD I see, never knew that. 360 could simply had had a downloadable expansion but w/e. Probably not going to part with them now. :lol: I probably should replace the BFME2 case; I used that as a substitute mouse pad for a year or so. >.>

Damn. I just checked the Anthology. Wow. Haha.

I only buy stuff I like for the PC. Lol. Although, I would love to try out Sins of a Solar Empire and Homeworld. I played Galactic Civilizations but I didn't like it that much.

[quote name='slowdive21']Shit, I know I left that LOTR game at savers. I really need a lesson in PC games as their value was always junk when I was a PC gamer.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I always leave PC games at the thrift stores when I check there myself. I really need to get a phone with internet on it so I can check stuff on the fly as I've picked up worthless PS1 games before while leaving behind stuff that actually have had value.:whistle2:x#-o

First I just asked about the games. The guy wanted $1 a piece. I figured it was decent, so I asked about the system. He said he'd take $30 for it all. I countered at $25, then asked for the DS charger too. Was happy to see that it all worked :)

img1938t.jpg

Finally got something that wasn't crap! The sales we hit were actually pretty decent. Saw some 360 games (don't have a 360 or I'd have snagged them) and some DS games, picked the one I wanted then some old man grabbed the rest of the stack (10 or so) and bought them all. Nice quality stuff at most of the ones we hit, I was glad to not see dirty panty sales this week, I needed a score, no matter how small.

Had chores to do today, so we ended up doing some rummaging on the 30 mile trip to the first stop. Ended up at 10 or so sales, nothing amazing but I got:

Tomb Raider Underworld for DS complete $3
Wife got 2 or 3 books for $0.35 (regular price 6-10 bucks each)
Brand New Scooby Doo doll $0.50

And the one thing I actually took a chance on because I thought it could be valuable:
23k Gold Polywhirl Pokemon card from Burger King--pokeball is sealed. Box in good shape. Paid 50 cents, probably gonna end up giving it to a nephew for Christmas or something, I thought it was gonna be worth $20 or so, looks like I may get $5.

No antiques or oddities, did see a set of brand new right handed Taylor Made golf clubs (looks like my dad's 2011 model clubs) P-3 iron, 5 wood, 3 wood, and Burner driver with bag for $100. fuck me for being left handed.

All in all a good day of treasure hunting.

[quote name='therealdanhill']lol gameboys abound today![/QUOTE]

At my last sale of the day I found a GB Micro. It was beaten to @#%&, like someone had dropped it on a basement floor. I damn near shed a tear. And no, I didn't pick it up.

[quote name='TheHeef']At my last sale of the day I found a GB Micro. It was beaten to @#%&, like someone had dropped it on a basement floor. I damn near shed a tear. And no, I didn't pick it up.[/QUOTE]

The only micro I found at a g-sale was a sealed one for $10, that I paid $5 for. I can't find the pic, so it must have been in 09 or 10.

I looked through last years finds and I realized how shitty I am doing this year compared to last year. :cry:

[quote name='slowdive21']The only micro I found at a g-sale was a sealed one for $10, that I paid $5 for. I can't find the pic, so it must have been in 09 or 10.

I looked through last years finds and I realized how shitty I am doing this year compared to last year. :cry:[/QUOTE]

That's because you kicked butt last year :)

My favorite find for this week was this (mine is new in box):

http://www.amazon.com/XRN1200-Stick...TF8&qid=1345997426&sr=8-2&keywords=zyron+1200

My wife is a middle-school librarian and I had a hunch . . .

Turns out she can use it . . . I paid $5.

bread's done
Back