Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

My flea market has gotten ridiculous around me, with people selling so much stuff from their shops as if they were a "flea market stand" so it's a lot of eBay prices and no haggling. I normally ignore most stands that have mostly video games anymore since I figure there's nothing worth it. I stopped by one though because a copy of Bully: Scholorship Edition was just sitting there, looking in close to perfect shape. I look around and notice a couple of uncommon games, but mostly stuff I had. Then I saw a copy of NCAA BB 2k8, and I found another bin with last gen games. Found a copy of KOTOR and Phantasy Star Episodes 1 & 2. I wasn't sure what pricing was, so the lady says, 10 for the 360 games, and she'd do 5 a piece for the regualr xbox games. I tried to talk her down and managed 25. I thought about putting back the KOTOR and PS, but then I looked in the case of KOTOR and lo and behold, there was a copy of KOTOR 2. Now granted, it wasn't complete or anything, but for 25 for a few harder to find (and getting harder for me around here) I figured what the hell.

I'm just mad at myself because the inserts were wet(it was early morning and they must have left the bins outside overnight) and ruined the insert for PS, but I'll get over it.

[quote name='robwhois']My god, that has to be the greatest video game garage sale find I've ever seen. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hardly see any point in continuing to post my puny "finds."

fuck, I'd be overjoyed to pay 3 times as much for half of the games :)

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']I figured I would have a few nonbelievers due to the scale, but I would hope my 5 year tenure here, and being a fairly active member would garner me some goodwill. I dont know how else to prove it other than posting another pic of all the manuals Ill get tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I gotta believe!

Could we get a list? I'm dying to get the lowdown on this.

I actually had a similar score a few months ago, although not as big. I found about 15 PS1 RPG's for $1 each. I didn't know anything about them so I figured, they are RPG's, they are probably worth something. I sold them all that same night, I can't even remember what all I got except for Valkyrie Profile which I sold for $85 since that was the most valuable one. I totally forgot to post it here because I don't like RPG's so I wasn't really excited about it (until after I sold them of course!) PS1 seem to be the easiest to find around here

[quote name='crows in black']I actually had a similar score a few months ago, although not as big. I found about 15 PS1 RPG's for $1 each. I didn't know anything about them so I figured, they are RPG's, they are probably worth something. I sold them all that same night, I can't even remember what all I got except for Valkyrie Profile which I sold for $85 since that was the most valuable one. I totally forgot to post it here because I don't like RPG's so I wasn't really excited about it (until after I sold them of course!) PS1 seem to be the easiest to find around here[/QUOTE]

I wish that was the same around here, only ps1 games i usually see are the awful madden games, and sometimes a crash bandicoot or something to that affect, no rpgs here....

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']She just called and said she would leave the manuals on the porch for me tomorrow!

I figured I would have a few nonbelievers due to the scale, but I would hope my 5 year tenure here, and being a fairly active member would garner me some goodwill. I dont know how else to prove it other than posting another pic of all the manuals Ill get tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Well you better be telling the truth, because I'm currently researching your whereabouts so that I can find you, kill you and take your shit.

In all seriousness, though... that's the best find I've seen on this site. Congrats!

Saturday morning . . . 2 early pickups:

Couple just setting up . . . asked about videogames and they pulled out this box:

Really looked like a nasty mess . . . tangle of cords--see the broken blue controller.
Asked what they wanted . . . they asked me what I'd pay . . . offered $5 the counter was $10 . . . settled at $7.50
Strange mix . . . crappier games

More games

a few GC titles thrown in . . . there was a GC controller extension but nothing else GC

Cords and controllers . . . 2 NES, 2 Genny, 1 N64 . . . 2 Playstation TV hookups . . . huh?

No hookups for Genny but a power adapter for NES . . . complete N64

Better games . . . like: Streets of Rage 1 and 2, Prince of Persia

I just grabbed this quickly (cuz of the N64) and moved on to other sales but it turned out to have more value than I expected. I wish I had looked around the garage more . . . asked more questions. I suspect there might've been another box . . . where is the GC? More N64 games? NES games? Playstation? . . . but they might've sold them at another sale or its buried in the basement. Still might've been worth an extra few minutes.

Almost missed this box o games in a driveway

Looked like just a bunch of nothing so I pitched $3 for all but paid $4
Later happy to see some value . . . here are the better ones:

For instance, I thought that the Tecmo Super Bowl was just Tecmo Bowl.

Misc from 4 sales:

Paid $1 for both Crash games, $2 for ODST, $2 for Pet shop and $1 for sealed but crushed Drill Dozer

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the "I don't believe you really got this deal" attitude, do people really LIE about deals that much? And why? Who would do that?

[quote name='Cmosfm']I don't understand the "I don't believe you really got this deal" attitude, do people really LIE about deals that much? And why? Who would do that?[/QUOTE]

I have never lied about a deal, I have no idea why someone would lie about a deal. I don't see much reason to do so other than for bragging rights, and I don't know who would take the time to fabricate a story for this thread just for that sole purpose. We are shopping in the wild here so technically anything is possible, heck some people even give things away for free, I have seen it happen.

[quote name='SaraAB']I have never lied about a deal, I have no idea why someone would lie about a deal. I don't see much reason to do so other than for bragging rights, and I don't know who would take the time to fabricate a story for this thread just for that sole purpose. We are shopping in the wild here so technically anything is possible, heck some people even give things away for free, I have seen it happen.[/QUOTE]

moving out of the dorms freshman year a guy down the hall bought a tv for $20 because someone didnt want to repack their car it was a 300-400 dollar tv

[quote name='schultzed']I gotta believe!

Could we get a list? I'm dying to get the lowdown on this.[/QUOTE]

I'll post the list tonight. I drove back up there last night around 8 after work, and sure enough every manual was in a nice little tupperware! I'll post a few more pics tonight too.

However, my only fear now is that since she has my number, when sonny boy comes home from college, or rehab, or whereever he's at that his mom can sell this incredible lot without recourse, is that I'll get a call asking to return them to her and she'll give me back my $50. I don't really know what I'd do, considering someone spent a serious amount of time collecting these.

Also, some of them have a very generic 'pre-owned' sticker on them that I can't identify. Not sure if it was just a local store that they were buying them from, but maybe someone can identify that as well.

Schultzed, it'd be hard pressed to say your weekly finds are puny. I NEVER find old school nintendo (NES/SNES) stuff around here. This for me is one out of a million, I think theres a 99.99% chance this will never happen again. However the ps1 rpgs have been good around here, I did find a complete Grandia last year for $1.

[quote name='schultzed']Saturday morning . . . 2 early pickups:

Almost missed this box o games in a driveway

Looked like just a bunch of nothing so I pitched $3 for all but paid $4
Later happy to see some value . . . here are the better ones:

For instance, I thought that the Tecmo Super Bowl was just Tecmo Bowl.

[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Rather than post every week, I figured I would just post one big one for the summer. I did post one crazy deal earlier, and if you missed it I have included it here. I yardsale every week, usually 2 days. I generally don't buy lots anymore, I just cherry pick titles I want/need/don't have. I am leaving out anything that doesn't fall under the banner of video games. If something doesn't have a price, assume it was $1 or less.

Systems:

Newer model (not sure where to find the designation) PSP. With case, charger and NFS: Most Wanted. $25
Most expensive single purchase of the season.

Black DS Lite with charger, Mario Cart, GBA Guitar Hero complete, extra 1st party game case. Also had a PS2 GH controller and a Nerf 6 shot dart gun. $3
Posted this one earleir.

Odyssey 2 w/ 2 controllers, hookups/power supply and the following cartridges: Baseball, K.C. Munchkin, Speedway/Spinout/Crypto-Logic, Out of this World/Helicopter Rescue. $5

Gameboy Color, teal, w/ Spongebob Squarepants and the Lost Spatula $1

Tiger Batman Forever handheld w/ manual .25
Lion King handheld w/ manual .25

GAMES:

Gameboy games:
Super Marioland
Quest: Brians Journey
Final Fantasy Legend 2

GBA games:
Sword of Mana .50
Donkey Kong Country .25
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga .50
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland .25

DS:
Sonic Colors (complete) .50

N64
Mario Party

Gamecube
Kirbys Airride (no book) .50

PS:
Tomb Raider Chronicles .50
Midway Atari collection 2 .50
Alien Trilogy (greatest hits)
Pandemonium 2 .50
Panzer General (original longbox)

PS2
Black (disc only) .25
RE4 (steelcase complete) $1
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
Jaws Unleashed (most expensive game I bought all summer @ $2. Only did it because I heard it was awful)
Hitman: Contracts
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin

Xbox
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (platinum hits)
Still Life $1.50
Spyhunter (platinum hits)
Spyhunter 2 $1.50
Halo 2
Cabelas Outdoor Adventures
Midtown Madness 3
Steel Battalion
LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
Americas Army: Rise of a Soldier.

Wii
Nerf N-Strike Elite
Rayman Raving Rabids
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer

Xbox 360

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 $2
Wireless Controller $1

PC
Starship Troopers .25
Doom 3 w/book and expansion .50
Crysis: Warhead .50

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']I'll post the list tonight. I drove back up there last night around 8 after work, and sure enough every manual was in a nice little tupperware! I'll post a few more pics tonight too.

However, my only fear now is that since she has my number, when sonny boy comes home from college, or rehab, or whereever he's at that his mom can sell this incredible lot without recourse, is that I'll get a call asking to return them to her and she'll give me back my $50. I don't really know what I'd do, considering someone spent a serious amount of time collecting these.

Also, some of them have a very generic 'pre-owned' sticker on them that I can't identify. Not sure if it was just a local store that they were buying them from, but maybe someone can identify that as well.

Schultzed, it'd be hard pressed to say your weekly finds are puny. I NEVER find old school nintendo (NES/SNES) stuff around here. This for me is one out of a million, I think theres a 99.99% chance this will never happen again. However the ps1 rpgs have been good around here, I did find a complete Grandia last year for $1.[/QUOTE]

The transaction has been completed and its all said and done so I don't think you have much of a chance of losing the collection. Hopefully its one of those situations where the owner of the games never returns home or stops caring about video games. But I think there is a variety of excuses you could give in this situation, you could tell them you gave some of the games to friends or tell them you sold them to a pawn shop. Basically if that happens just tell the person you are no longer in the possession of the games.

By the looks of the collection it is either a very serious RPG fan or someone who worked at a game store during the PS1 era, I would guess the latter.

Though you have to realize if the original owner of the games cared that much about them he would have taken then with him or if that was not possible he would have left a large note on the boxes NOT to sell these games or told his mother specifically do not touch them for any reason. Yes, parents can turn on a kid but if he took the proper precautions then those games would still be in the basement safe.

Its quite possible especially if the owner formerly worked at a gaming store that he just thought of working at the gaming store while he was in college as another summer job and does not care about games anymore. If its that way I doubt the owner of the games knows anything about the value of them, some people just don't stop to check the value of things they have in their own house on ebay and they don't care either.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']
[/QUOTE]

Dude, that lot is fucking awesome! I only find Madden, Tomb Raider and Crash Bandicoot around here. I think it's mostly because RPG's are not big around here.

I wouldn't worry about a call back, she has probably already thrown away or fogotten your number. Also, you have no obligation to sell them back. If I received a call from someone wanting something back I would probably tell them I had already gotten rid of it.... unless it was a hot young lady. ;)

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']I'll post the list tonight. I drove back up there last night around 8 after work, and sure enough every manual was in a nice little tupperware! I'll post a few more pics tonight too.

Schultzed, it'd be hard pressed to say your weekly finds are puny. I NEVER find old school nintendo (NES/SNES) stuff around here. This for me is one out of a million, I think theres a 99.99% chance this will never happen again. However the ps1 rpgs have been good around here, I did find a complete Grandia last year for $1.[/QUOTE]

If you're going to feel sorry for them then you shouldn't have haggled the original price down and given them a fair price from the start.

Some of you guys make no sense.

[quote name='needler420']If you're going to feel sorry for them then you shouldn't have haggled the original price down and given them a fair price from the start.

Some of you guys make no sense.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, no haggling was needed in this situation and when she named the price of $75, i would have been more then happy to oblige, I am surprised she even took the time to find the manuals (actually i am more surprised the manuals were separated in the first place) It is a great find and i am sure if you didnt get them some other reseller would have gotten them.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Schultzed, it'd be hard pressed to say your weekly finds are puny. [/QUOTE]

I was mostly joking around. I really can't complain with the stuff I find . . . there's a lot of competition but (so far) I still find some stuff.

The biggest problem is reading this thread . . . with all of us combing the nation there is going to be some exceptional finds . . . I just want get a big one :)

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']However, my only fear now is that since she has my number, when sonny boy comes home from college, or rehab, or whereever he's at that his mom can sell this incredible lot without recourse, is that I'll get a call asking to return them to her and she'll give me back my $50. I don't really know what I'd do, considering someone spent a serious amount of time collecting these.[/QUOTE]
Either ignore her calls or just tell her that you're not going to give them back. There's no need to lie and say that you sold them or whatever (she could just ask for the money you got instead). You bought the games fair and square; you are under no obligation, lawfully or morally. If the situation arises and you give in, that would probably make you one of the biggest chumps to ever grace the CAG forums. Just be happy that you got a great deal and that you will probably show these games more love than their previous owner.

[quote name='SaraAB']Though you have to realize if the original owner of the games cared that much about them he would have taken then with him or if that was not possible he would have left a large note on the boxes NOT to sell these games or told his mother specifically do not touch them for any reason. Yes, parents can turn on a kid but if he took the proper precautions then those games would still be in the basement safe.[/QUOTE]
While I get where you're coming from, I also know that people sometimes don't consider this kind of thing happening. Believe me, if I had known that my mom was going to throw away my entire Atari 2600 collection, I absolutely would've said something (and I was still living at home at the time), but it never crossed my mind that she would've even considered doing such a thing. It's easy for one to think that other people aren't going to simply get rid of our things without asking.

And for all we know, the woman might've had consent.

I had a decent pickup involving a kid that had left and the parents selling their stuff. The highlights include:
Gameboy Advance SP (with wall charger! I had two SP's, but no charger until now.)
Original Xbox w/cables
Yellow Gameboy Color
2 DS games
4 NES games
+ a handful of other stuff

All for $12. The SP had a $10 price tag, all the games had from $2-$4 tags, etc. The kid must have priced the stuff, but the parents just wanted it gone. The mom started saying everything over here is $1, those games are only .50. I like it when parents sell their kid's crap!

[quote name='Jedi1979']I agree with this, no haggling was needed in this situation and when she named the price of $75, i would have been more then happy to oblige, I am surprised she even took the time to find the manuals (actually i am more surprised the manuals were separated in the first place) It is a great find and i am sure if you didnt get them some other reseller would have gotten them.[/QUOTE]

If the buyer and the seller mutually agree to a price for any item then it is a fair deal in my eyes. Heck just this weekend I haggled for my kinect, the original price was $40 with 2 games but I had the guts to haggle down to $25, it was accepted instantly and with a smile. The $40 price would have been fair considering a $109 retail on the item and the kinect sports season 2 thrown in, the guy even said he used it less than 10 times and that I could bring it back if it didn't work. I probably used it more in the 3-4 days that I have had the thing than the other owner used it ever.

Sometimes people are just glad to have cash in their hands and their items gone.

[quote name='needler420']If you're going to feel sorry for them then you shouldn't have haggled the original price down and given them a fair price from the start.

Some of you guys make no sense.[/QUOTE]

I will haggle till the day I die, this is CAG after all. Let me explain, what I meant is that if all this was sold without the responsible party's knowledge, I would feel bad. My Dad sold my old SNES and games back in the day and everything was boxed and mint, so I meant I could understand if it was a giant mistake and shouldn't have been sold.

But that window is closing, especially after inventorying all them.

I posted a few more pics of the box of manuals, some random SNES guides that were in the box (makes me think I missed some games or someone got them day 1 since I only found Playstation games on day 2) and the preplayed sticker I don't recognize.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87288150@N03/

There are others, but I haven't included them yet as they were single disc cases without the manual that I didn't add yet.

Alundra
Alundra 2
Alundra 2 Guide
Alundra Guide
Arc the Lad: End of Darkness
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance
Bard's Tale
Beyond the Beyond
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
Breath of Fire IV Guide
Brigandine
Champions of Norath
Chronicles of the Sword
Chrono Cross Music Selection
Clock Tower
Culdecept
Dark Cloud
Dirge of Cerberus
Dragon Quest VIII
Dragon Valor
Dragon Warrior VII
Dragon Warrior VII Guide
Earthbound Guide
Enternal Ring
Ephemerial Fantasia
Eternal Ring Guide
Evolution Worlds
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Chronicles Chrono Trigger Guide
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy IX Guide
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy VII GH
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X Guide
Final Fantasy XII
Forever Kingdom
Galerians
Gauntlet Legends
Grandia
Grandia Guide
Grandia II
Grandia Xtreme
Heart of Darkness
Heroes of Might and Magic
Jade Cocoon
Kartia
Katamari Damacy
Kingdom Hearts
King's Field
Kings Field II
King's Field II Guide
King's Field The Ancient City
Legaia 2Legend of Legaia
Legend of Legaia Guide
Lode Runner
Lost Kingdoms II
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
LunarL Silver Stary Story Complete
Martian Gothic
MDK
Okage Shadow King
Pandemonium
Parasite Eve II
Persona
Persona 2
Pinball Hall of Fame
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
Rune: Viking Warlord
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Shadow Hearts From the New World
Shadow of Destiny
Sheep
Skies of Arcadia

Legends
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Suikoden II Guide
Suikoden III
Summoner A Godess Reborn
Taito Legends 2
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny II
The Bible Game
The Hive
The Hobbit
The Legend of Dragoon
The Legend of Dragoon Guide
Thousand Arms
Thousand Arms Guide
Torneko : The Last Hope
Valkyrie Profile
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Wild Arms 2 Guide
Wild Arms 3
Wizadry Tale of the Forsaken Land
Worms Armageddon
Xenogears
Xenogears Guide
Xenosaga Episode 1

It's also possible that this woman's kid died, though I'd doubt the ex-owner of this collection was a "kid" per se. It was most likely owned by someone who would be in their late-20s or early-30s right now. Anyone who would be away at college right now would have been way too young during the PS1 era to own that many RPGs. I've been out of college for four years and I barely had a twentieth of those games during that time. There's almost no way this is a "kid at college" scenario. Rehab is a possibility, but I'd be more inclined to believe the previous owner is either dead or moved out (and doesn't care about his games anymore).

Also, consider that adults play games too. It could have been the woman's ex-husband, dead husband, or living husband who doesn't care about his games.

Really, the chances anyone would ever try to get these back is slim.

[quote name='Doomstink']It's also possible that this woman's kid died, though I'd doubt the ex-owner of this collection was a "kid" per se. It was most likely owned by someone who would be in their late-20s or early-30s right now. Anyone who would be away at college right now would have been way too young during the PS1 era to own that many RPGs. I've been out of college for four years and I barely had a twentieth of those games during that time. There's almost no way this is a "kid at college" scenario. Rehab is a possibility, but I'd be more inclined to believe the previous owner is either dead or moved out (and doesn't care about his games anymore).

Also, consider that adults play games too. It could have been the woman's ex-husband, dead husband, or living husband who doesn't care about his games.

Really, the chances anyone would ever try to get these back is slim.[/QUOTE]

Over analysis:

I don't think this is a kid at college either, I think its someone who has already moved out and doesn't care about the games anymore and possibly someone who previously worked at a game store. Rehab or the military are possibilities but much more unlikely than son who moved away.

I am not sure teenagers would play these types of games, nor would a person under 16-18 have the funding to buy some of the most expensive PS1 games in existence even at their original retail prices, especially the Lunar boxes which were probably something like $60 each original price if I can remember the original prices which was expensive back then for a game. Parents usually didn't spoil kids too badly during this era so I doubt this was the doing of the mother, its only recently that parents have begun to buy their kids everything and anything at their demand. So going back to 2000 or so when I was in college these games were the hot things to have, and anime and RPG's were at their peak of popularity in the USA. So I am guessing its someone in their late 20's or early 30's as well who has just started life and is ready to move out of the parents house.

For all you know the son told the lady to sell all the games, or to sell all of his possessions that he left behind. After having to deal with the unwanted possessions of family members that have left our house I can feel her pain for not wanting it around anymore (you have no idea how much junk family members leave behind...!). Though I would be more careful and check the values of things like this before tossing it out to the yard sale.

Yo anyone that had those games all packaged up with all the manuals knew what the fuck they had. Some kid got jacked.

I'm wasted as fuck right now, so disclaimer if I sound stupid as shti cause I can't fuckin' tell at all.

Went to a few yard sales over the weekend, Saturday was a bust. Only house that had games there thought they were sitting on gold instead of games. The guy wanted higher prices than what I would even consider as eBay prices.

Sunday seemed like a bust until the last sale I went to. A guy and his little boy were selling off older games because the kid wants to buy a newer system. They had a bunch of mediocre, common titles for PS2 and Xbox. I saw a box with SNES stuff, but sadly nothing of worth or anything that I didn't already have. I asked if they had any other older stuff like that, the kid said yeah and ran back inside. He came out with a box filled with NES games, and told me that no one bought those at the last sale they had. I picked through it a bit, liked what I saw and asked how much he would want for it all. They said $40, I offered $25 and we agreed on $32. The Star Wars DVDs set me back another 3, so I got all the below for $35. :bouncy:
attachment
attachment
There were some more games in the box, but just old sports titles. Not shown though, is Tecmo Super Bowl, which I assumed was worthless, but seems to have a little value actually.

So I had a mega find a couple weeks ago, but unfortunately that night I got a call that my grandmother unexpectedly passed away so needless to say bragging on here wasn't the top of my priority list.

Anyways, no more sad stuff on to my story:

I went out yard saling around 6:15 to try to get to some of the 7am sales early. My first stop was a yard sale 4 blocks over from me and when I parked he was putting down a box full of Guitar Hero/Rock Band stuff. He told me to be fair and so he had time to set up he wasn't letting anyone buy stuff early, and told me to come back at 7. I asked if since I was there first I could look at the video game box first which he agreed to.

So then I went grabbed a coffee and a couple donuts and went to a couple other yard sales where I bought a broken 2nd Gen iPod Touch for $1, but everything else at both was either trash or overpriced. I finally just waited til 7 because I didn't want to be a minute late and risk him selling that stuff to someone else.

So finally 7am comes, there's already 15 to 20 people there so my hopes weren't high but he was honest and actually put the video game stuff under a tarp for me. It turned out he had 5 more boxes of video game stuff. I asked what he was looking for on all of it and he told me $10 but I had to take every single piece.

I then looked around the rest of the yard sale and bought:

Stop Thief Board Game - 25 cents (Sold $40)
500GB External Hard Drive - 25 cents (Sold $40)
Bag Yugioh Cards, mostly foils - 25 cents (Still sorting them)
150 CDs (mostly 2000s rock) - $3 (Get back to these later)
Box with ~6,000 Pogs - $1 (I sell Pogs regularly at $20 for 250 with 5 slammers)
Box with ~20 common board games - $5 (Sold about 5 at $4 each)
2 RC Cars - 50 cents (Sold for $15 each)

Then I got a box of vintage wine for $10, probably about 30 in the box. The earliest dates as 1936. I have to bring them to my cousin who deals in high end wine at his store to figure out if they spoiled or not, but even if just one of the bottles is still good that could make some good money.

More story:
Now the whole time I was just putting things on the curb until I was done so that I could keep buying things. At the end I go to pack everything up into my truck, and drive home and start going through it all. Everything was there except someone went through and took out every single CD except for ones like Backstreet Boys and Nsync. My mistake for leaving them on the curb where that could happen but still I can't believe some people.

Anyways, now finally on to the video games:

Systems:
Atari 2600 Heavy Sixer
Intellivision 2609
Nintendo NES x 2
Nintendo SNES
Nintendo N64
Sony Playstation 1
Sony Playstation 2
Microsoft Xbox

Accessories:
PS2 Steering Wheel
PS2 Guitar Hero SG Guitar
PS2 Guitar Hero Game/Guitar
PS3 Guitar Hero Guitar x2
PS3 Rock Band Drumset
PS3 Rock Band Microphone
Bundle of USB hubs, Rock Band Wireless Adapter, etc.
Xbox 360 Drumset
Xbox 360 Steering Wheel
NES Zapper
NES Off Brand Advantage Joystick
NES Game Genie
SNES Mouse + Mouse Pad
SNES Super Advantage
3x Extra N64 Controllers

Games:

NES:
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Metroid
Double Dragon
Double Dragon II
Batman Returns
Mega Man
Kung Fu Heroes
Paperboy
Excitebike
Ghostbusters II
Bases Loaded II
Tetris
Simon's Quest
Astyanax
Sesame Street

SNES:
Donkey Kong Country (w/ Manual)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (w/ Manual)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (w/ Manual)
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (w/ Manual)
Super Mario All Stars
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (w/ Manual)
NBA Jam Tournament Edition (w/ Manual)
Scooby Doo Mystery

N64:
Mario Party 2 (w/ Manual)
Mario Party 3 (w/ Manual)
Paper Mario (w/ Manual)
Mario Kart 64 (w/ Manual)
Super Mario 64 (w/ Manual)
Donkey Kong 64 (w/ Manual)
LEGO Racers (w/ Manual)
Wave Race (w/ Manual)
The World Is Not Enough (w/ Manual)
Scooby Doo Creep Capers (w/ Manual)
Snowboard Kids
Duke Nukem 64
Cruis'N World

There might be more I'm forgetting, I sold things like the Heavy Sixer hours after to people who have been giving me lists of things they're looking for.

Nowhere near as good as the PS1 RPGs the other poster found last weekend, but I was feeling pretty good until I got the bad news that night.

[quote name='burz88']Went to a few yard sales over the weekend, Saturday was a bust. Only house that had games there thought they were sitting on gold instead of games. The guy wanted higher prices than what I would even consider as eBay prices.

Sunday seemed like a bust until the last sale I went to. A guy and his little boy were selling off older games because the kid wants to buy a newer system. They had a bunch of mediocre, common titles for PS2 and Xbox. I saw a box with SNES stuff, but sadly nothing of worth or anything that I didn't already have. I asked if they had any other older stuff like that, the kid said yeah and ran back inside. He came out with a box filled with NES games, and told me that no one bought those at the last sale they had. I picked through it a bit, liked what I saw and asked how much he would want for it all. They said $40, I offered $25 and we agreed on $32. The Star Wars DVDs set me back another 3, so I got all the below for $35. :bouncy:
attachment
attachment
There were some more games in the box, but just old sports titles. Not shown though, is Tecmo Super Bowl, which I assumed was worthless, but seems to have a little value actually.[/QUOTE]

busted spoilers

[quote name='Kovorkian']busted spoilers[/QUOTE]

The pictures appear when I click the buttons, not sure what the deal is. I never can seem to post pictures right.

Included I got: (All NES)
Ducktales
Legend of Zelda (gray cartridge)
Castlevania 1
Castlevania 2
Castlevania 3
Alfred Chicken
Monster Party
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Metroid
Battletoads
Mario 3
TMNT
TMNT Arcade Game
River City Ransom

Also got Donkey Kong Country on GBA and Zelda Seasons GB Color. And Star Wars IV, V, VI on trilogy box set on DVD.

[quote name='burz88']The pictures appear when I click the buttons, not sure what the deal is. I never can seem to post pictures right.

Included I got: (All NES)
Ducktales
Legend of Zelda (gray cartridge)
Castlevania 1
Castlevania 2
Castlevania 3
Alfred Chicken
Monster Party
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Metroid
Battletoads
Mario 3
TMNT
TMNT Arcade Game
River City Ransom

Also got Donkey Kong Country on GBA and Zelda Seasons GB Color. And Star Wars IV, V, VI on trilogy box set on DVD.[/QUOTE]

When i did the quote spoilers came up as empty, also not too bad of a find

[quote name='Doomstink']It's also possible that this woman's kid died, though I'd doubt the ex-owner of this collection was a "kid" per se. It was most likely owned by someone who would be in their late-20s or early-30s right now. Anyone who would be away at college right now would have been way too young during the PS1 era to own that many RPGs. I've been out of college for four years and I barely had a twentieth of those games during that time. There's almost no way this is a "kid at college" scenario. Rehab is a possibility, but I'd be more inclined to believe the previous owner is either dead or moved out (and doesn't care about his games anymore).

Really, the chances anyone would ever try to get these back is slim.[/QUOTE]

I'd go with this interpretation; I was about 15 when Final Fantasy 7 first came out and my collection isn't too far off from what xtreme_Zr2 found (minus the Suikoden 1 and 2, Alundra, Tales, and Brigadine--there's going to be some differences in taste :cool: ). All it takes is picking up a couple of titles per year, not to mention a bunch of ps1 titles remained available through the early 2000s. I remember snagging Valkryie Profile new for $29.99 and Persona 2 pre-owned for $24.99...

Ya, I was 10 when Final Fantasy 7 came out and my PS1 RPG collection before I sold out 3 years ago was somewhat similar. I was buying PS1 games as late as 03-04 in stores, good ones at that. I had:

Final Fantasy 7/8/9/Tactics/Anthology/Chronicles
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Suikoden 1/2
Vandal Hearts 1/2
Arc the Lad Collection
Lunar 1/2 complete
Vagrant Story
Dragon Warrior VII
Grandia
Parasite Eve 1/2
Star Ocean 2
Legend of Legaia
Legend of Dragoon
Wild Arms 1/2
Breath of Fire 3/4
Jade Cocoon

I never had Valkyrie Profile, or the Persona games, or the Tales games, or a few others. So while I didn't have anything, I had a lot of it. I also knew about and wanted those other titles. I got into RPGs early and loved them, I was playing the Phantasy Star games on my Genesis at 7. My family was quite poor but by middle school I was skipping lunch once or twice a week, working all summer long (made about 800 a summer) and saving every penny I could. I also would usually get a game for my birthday and another for christmas.

[quote name='Bing147']Ya, I was 10 when Final Fantasy 7 came out and my PS1 RPG collection before I sold out 3 years ago was somewhat similar. I was buying PS1 games as late as 03-04 in stores, good ones at that. I had:

Final Fantasy 7/8/9/Tactics/Anthology/Chronicles
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Suikoden 1/2
Vandal Hearts 1/2
Arc the Lad Collection
Lunar 1/2 complete
Vagrant Story
Dragon Warrior VII
Grandia
Parasite Eve 1/2
Star Ocean 2
Legend of Legaia
Legend of Dragoon
Wild Arms 1/2
Breath of Fire 3/4
Jade Cocoon

I never had Valkyrie Profile, or the Persona games, or the Tales games, or a few others. So while I didn't have anything, I had a lot of it. I also knew about and wanted those other titles. I got into RPGs early and loved them, I was playing the Phantasy Star games on my Genesis at 7. My family was quite poor but by middle school I was skipping lunch once or twice a week, working all summer long (made about 800 a summer) and saving every penny I could. I also would usually get a game for my birthday and another for christmas.[/QUOTE]

Lets all be honest here, who else skipped lunch to buy things they really wanted? I know I did! It would have definitely been worth it if the items were JRPGs! My mom would have been horrified probably if she found out about it when I was doing it but fortunately I didn't tell until many years after the fact (though the items I was buying were not video games).

Come to think of it kids over here get free lunches and breakfast now, so there will be no money collecting for them.. they won't be going hungry but they are at a serious disadvantage if they want to save money to get something.

[quote name='SaraAB']Lets all be honest here, who else skipped lunch to buy things they really wanted? I know I did! It would have definitely been worth it if the items were JRPGs! My mom would have been horrified probably if she found out about it when I was doing it but fortunately I didn't tell until many years after the fact (though the items I was buying were not video games).

Come to think of it kids over here get free lunches and breakfast now, so there will be no money collecting for them.. they won't be going hungry but they are at a serious disadvantage if they want to save money to get something.[/QUOTE]

My little sister's school has cards now the parents have to pay at the beginning of the year and they swipe the card to get lunch every day so they can't do stuff like that anymore.

Picked this lot up today for $15. Originally marked $40 but he hadn't sold it after it sitting out for a while so was willing to come down. Anything good in here?

DSC04912_zps03067847.jpg

Systems has cord, but cords have some frays. Haven't tested it to see if it works. Games are:

Spider-Man X-Men Arcade's Revenge
Bubsy II
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse
Jurassic Park
Gradius III
Street Fighter II Turbo
Dream TV
Metal Combat Falcon's Revenge
Mortal Kombat 3
Head-On Soccer
Final Fight
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']I will haggle till the day I die, this is CAG after all. Let me explain, what I meant is that if all this was sold without the responsible party's knowledge, I would feel bad.

. . . some random SNES guides that were in the box (makes me think I missed some games or someone got them day 1 since I only found Playstation games on day [/QUOTE]

I 'm the same way . . . I could be buying a $100 item that is priced $2 and I will still offer $1 :)

I agree that if someone quickly came forward saying that games weren't to be sold it would set up a moral dilemma.

It sounds like the PS1 games may have been added later or they weren't visible. Imagine if there had been other great PS2 games and a slew of SNES titles the first day that you missed . . . damn.

It seems likely there was a copy of Earthbound and perhaps other RPGs like the Squaresoft titles fuck that is crazy.

[quote name='ferant316']My little sister's school has cards now the parents have to pay at the beginning of the year and they swipe the card to get lunch every day so they can't do stuff like that anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we actually pay by check each semester at the start.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Yeah, we actually pay by check each semester at the start.[/QUOTE]

That's a little bit better than what my parents have to do since they started it every August my dad complains because its $600 in one lump sum in August. Says its easier to pay the $3.75 a day then $600 at once. Funny too because I'm only 10 years older than my sister and when I was in the same High School lunches were $1.90. Almost doubled in price in 7 years.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'd go with this interpretation; I was about 15 when Final Fantasy 7 first came out and my collection isn't too far off from what xtreme_Zr2 found (minus the Suikoden 1 and 2, Alundra, Tales, and Brigadine--there's going to be some differences in taste :cool: ). All it takes is picking up a couple of titles per year, not to mention a bunch of ps1 titles remained available through the early 2000s. I remember snagging Valkryie Profile new for $29.99 and Persona 2 pre-owned for $24.99...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm just a couple of years younger than you and I had a pretty hefty game collection. Granted, I didn't have all of those great games, but I also wasn't into JRPG's at the time, aside from Pokémon and maybe Dragon Quest. I didn't get Final Fantasy 7 until a year or two after it came out when it was averaging $15-$20. And let's keep in mind that we don't know how much this guy paid for his games (the ones with price stickers may not even reflect what he actually paid). As I've mentioned a few times on CAG, I bought Suikoden II for $5. I think I paid the same for SaGa Frontier 2. Back then, it was easy to get these games for next to nothing.

Also, I believe Sara said something about how parents these days tend to spoil their kids. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this is anything new. When I got all A's on my report card or I won some kind of award, you'd better believe I asked for a new game. And more often than not, she'd take me down to KB Toys to pick something out of the bargain bin, which often had quite a few gems (used to get TMNT figures for about $3 each). And don't even get me started on Christmas...we didn't have much money and my family couldn't spoil us a whole lot throughout the year, but they went freakin' nuts at Christmas and I would always end up with a nice little stack of new games. I miss getting spoiled like that!

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^IDK what is more surprising the awesome game lot or the fact that you "sell Pogs regularly at $20 for 250 with 5 slammers". :lol: :applause:
[/QUOTE]

It is the power of nostalgia ;) It can be a little time consuming but I go through and bag them so there are no repeats out of the 250, none that appear to be used and then seal them all together and put them out at the flea market for $20 a package. I won't say I sell them every week but I normally sell 5-10 packages a month because a lot of times that one person will come around and take 2-3 at once. Now of course I've given away all my secrets.

Its actually more than they go for on eBay. They're just one of many things that just goes to show eBay isn't the end all be all for value. Things like comics, cards, etc. people will pay more locally where they can see it and know the condition before dropping 50% of its value on shipping. Video games on the other hand some people think I'm crazy overpriced for selling copies of Modern Warfare 3 for $21 at a Flea Market but that's less than what it goes for on eBay on average and less than half Gamestop's price but I do that because so many people sell video games at Flea Markets I try to offer a better value so people come back. But I'm the only person who sells Pogs there so I have that market cornered :D

As for the topic of PS1 RPGs I was 10 when FFVII came out and I was already deep into collecting RPGs from the SNES days (thanks a lot Funcoland) so I bought probably a solid 80% of the big PS1 titles and multiples/sealed copies of a lot of them. I was a weird child and that hasn't changed much in adulthood.

[quote name='Obiwan456']

Spider-Man X-Men Arcade's Revenge
Bubsy II
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse
Jurassic Park
Gradius III
Street Fighter II Turbo
Dream TV
Metal Combat Falcon's Revenge
Mortal Kombat 3
Head-On Soccer
Final Fight
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3[/QUOTE]

X-Men and Spider Man is a shitty game, but X-Men Mutant Apocalypse is pretty badass. I actually wish I still had my SNES to play that.

[quote name='burritoman']X-Men and Spider Man is a shitty game, but X-Men Mutant Apocalypse is pretty badass. I actually wish I still had my SNES to play that.[/QUOTE]

Its not in the discussion but I still play Maximum Carnage, such a great game.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Yeah, I'm just a couple of years younger than you and I had a pretty hefty game collection. Granted, I didn't have all of those great games, but I also wasn't into JRPG's at the time, aside from Pokémon and maybe Dragon Quest. I didn't get Final Fantasy 7 until a year or two after it came out when it was averaging $15-$20. And let's keep in mind that we don't know how much this guy paid for his games (the ones with price stickers may not even reflect what he actually paid). As I've mentioned a few times on CAG, I bought Suikoden II for $5. I think I paid the same for SaGa Frontier 2. Back then, it was easy to get these games for next to nothing.

Also, I believe Sara said something about how parents these days tend to spoil their kids. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this is anything new. When I got all A's on my report card or I won some kind of award, you'd better believe I asked for a new game. And more often than not, she'd take me down to KB Toys to pick something out of the bargain bin, which often had quite a few gems (used to get TMNT figures for about $3 each). And don't even get me started on Christmas...we didn't have much money and my family couldn't spoil us a whole lot throughout the year, but they went freakin' nuts at Christmas and I would always end up with a nice little stack of new games. I miss getting spoiled like that![/QUOTE]

Yeah I was given money in these sorts of situations, being on the honor roll in high school I got quite a bit of money, though most of my friends got a lot more. I wish I was the under-performing kid who was offered $300 for bringing his average up to an 80. I had an average of 91 in high school and I was given $50 for that! If I knew what I knew now and knew that my parents were the bribing type I would have purposely underperformed in the beginning then quickly brought my grades up in order to get the rewards... but then again I don't know if that would have actually worked.

What I mean by spoilage now is that parents will buy their kids anything and everything on a whim, not just for doing something good, kid says they want an iPod, they get one, kid says they want a toy in a store, they get it, no questions asked, there is no waiting for birthday or Xmas in order to get a gift since all they have to do is say the word and the item is handed to them.

bread's done
Back