Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='Eagle3ye']WOW! Some great stuff there :D and I have to say I think this is the first time I have EVER seen N-Gage games in the yard sale thread. What whack job did you buy those from who actually had an N-Gage? XD[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I only wish he had the system xD I have no idea how he got all those games. It seemed like he had no real idea about them in general. It was a one day "I am moving out of this town" sale. Pretty odd...:lol:

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Thanks! I only wish he had the system xD I have no idea how he got all those games. It seemed like he had no real idea about them in general. It was a one day "I am moving out of this town" sale. Pretty odd...:lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha well nice finds anyway :D Today I met the ONE man on earth who bought a SNES system to play Super Bases Loaded.....$10 for the system and game but come on, just SBL??!

[quote name='Eagle3ye']Haha well nice finds anyway :D Today I met the ONE man on earth who bought a SNES system to play Super Bases Loaded.....$10 for the system and game but come on, just SBL??![/QUOTE]

hahaha wow....maybe he wanted to play it for old times sake? :lol:

Best deal for today: Logitech Dinovo Edge keyboard, along with a Microsoft wireless keyboard and a 8ft HDMI cable for $5. Wow the Edge is one sexy keyboard..... but why in the hell was it $200 at launch :/
s1rxp3.jpg

Also bought Darksiders for $1 and got a 1950s Vitamaster Rotocycle for free. Probably going to sell that.

Solid day today.NO ONE would bargain but at least i found some stuff.

Clash at Demonhead CIB 8.00
Starforce 2 (3do) 1.00
Wild Arms 2 8.00
Virtua Fighter Kids 5.00
Saturn Stunner gun FREE

Double Dragon 3 (genesis) 5.00
Rocket knight Adventure 2.00
Revenge of shinobi 2.00

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']hahaha wow....maybe he wanted to play it for old times sake? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha I mean the guy selling it bought the SNES just to play SBL. He said he bought it back in the day to play sports games on it XD well whatever works, now it's going to be my backup SNES :)

The temperature finally getting down into the 90's, so I might venture out this weekend and see what I can find. Video games (even crappy and/or overpriced ones) are pretty hard to find around here, so I'm not getting my hopes up. But maybe I'll find some cool crap I don't need.

I love when people list a yard sale on craigslist and only put the name of the city its in with no address or even street name. Seriously how can someone be THAT stupid?

or how about when instead of just listing an address, they write out long, complicated directions that make no sense like "right behind the store off the main road then 3 blocks behind the church on the right"

[quote name='crows in black']I love when people list a yard sale on craigslist and only put the name of the city its in with no address or even street name. Seriously how can someone be THAT stupid?

or how about when instead of just listing an address, they write out long, complicated directions that make no sense like "right behind the store off the main road then 3 blocks behind the church on the right"[/QUOTE]

I saw one last week that just had a phone number listed.

I don't get people who don't want to put an exact address, they put a street but won't put their exact address...

I mean... I'm coming to your house if I find your sale. If I find it, I'll then have your address...

I wasn't able to go out this morning, but I made it to a late sale and found these old table top rpg games today for $2:

The boxes are a little beat but they appear to be complete. Looks like a few on ebay have gone from 30-80 apiece.

Not much today -
NES (already tested and works great) with 3 games

Paperboy
Qbert (yeah! many a quarters on this one back in the day)
Mario/duck

$5

oh and a Korg DS-8 synth/keyboard (man it's heavy!) $2 ... bought a power cord for $13 (returnable) to see if it works ...

[quote name='crows in black']I love when people list a yard sale on craigslist and only put the name of the city its in with no address or even street name. Seriously how can someone be THAT stupid?

or how about when instead of just listing an address, they write out long, complicated directions that make no sense like "right behind the store off the main road then 3 blocks behind the church on the right"[/QUOTE]

How about when you have to decipher what the ad says? Here's a copy and paste of an ad I found last night:

Video game day bed This dressers lamps In tables coffee tables TV Good price is ever. All things fairly new.

Wow, just.......wow.

Found some fun stuff today but not much :/

-SMB Nes cart (I HEAR THIS ONES RARE :O ) $.25
-Game boy advance system $.50
-Canon Photo Printer $3
-Some old Zildjian cymbal $1
And my prize from the day (I was really freakin happy about this one)
-A grey and white Furby!! Free :D (gotta love those cute fuzzy bird hybrid murderer toys....)

[quote name='Invicta 61']How about when you have to decipher what the ad says? Here's a copy and paste of an ad I found last night:

Video game day bed This dressers lamps In tables coffee tables TV Good price is ever. All things fairly new.

Wow, just.......wow.[/QUOTE]

It's a borderline post-modern poem :hot:

Video Game Day Bed

this dresser has lamps in tables,
smooth coffee tables with television fixtures.
a good price is a good price is ever;
all things being fairly new.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']It's a borderline post-modern poem :hot:

Video Game Day Bed

this dresser has lamps in tables,
smooth coffee tables with television fixtures.
a good price is a good price is ever;
all things being fairly new.[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Solid find today.

Got two Game Boy Colors, a Game Boy Advance SP, and Pokemon Gold/Crystal/Silver all for $3.00. Crystal has a working battery, not sure about the other two, haven't gotten to test. Systems are rough but work.

[quote name='boyboy1080']my yard sale find today, i got this all for $3 , it was 10 cents ea for them. told them ill buy the whole thing for $3

C86916D8-C28B-61F9-A1A8D957FDEACD0A.jpg

C86A7B3E-D5B9-7B8A-EAB53D392A24F068.jpg

C86BED3C-016D-87F5-05917F294953861E.jpg

C86D9E63-C51F-39F6-CDABB6F0CA78636A.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What the fuck

[quote name='Bing147']Solid find today.

Got two Game Boy Colors, a Game Boy Advance SP, and Pokemon Gold/Crystal/Silver all for $3.00. Crystal has a working battery, not sure about the other two, haven't gotten to test. Systems are rough but work.[/QUOTE]

Gold and Silver have dead batteries, which sucks. Still should be able to sell them for something though.

I feel your pain . . . I can't really complain but I feel like the king of the crap bundle. I get a sys with some games and then I see some of the bundles that others get. Here was yesterday:

Granted an N64 with 6 games for $10 is pretty good but I get 5 crappy ones with one good game. But then I'll read here that someone got a few Mario Partys, Zelda, Paper Mario, and SMB in their bundle.

Great sale because after we agreed on $10 for the sys, I see all these DVDs ($1 each and $3 for sets) and end up spending $50 on what is $400-500 in Amazon listings.

Last edited by a moderator:
and we have a WINNER!!!!
damn, congrats x2

[quote name='boyboy1080']my yard sale find today, i got this all for $3 , it was 10 cents ea for them. told them ill buy the whole thing for $3

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Damn, what a find, congrats. 3 dollars for all that, can't believe they agreed to that, or that they even offered .10 cents a game to begin with.
Again nice find...

I went to a yard sale this morning on the way home from the grocery store and this guy was selling a PS2 with some shit games. Didn't even have the original controller. I ask how much and he says $100. I think this was the first time I was really offended by someone's offer. I said are you serious and he was firm. I tried to lowball him for $10 but he said no. I then said you can get this crap at Gamestop for around $40 then left.

All I gotta say ls lol

Good day today :)

I picked up a Sega Master System (dirty as shit but it powers on) with 13 games for $5

-Altered Beast
-Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars
-Golden Axe
-Action Fighter
-Missile Defense 3D
-Outrun
-Maze Hunter 3D
-Global Defense
-Power Strike
-Rambo III
-Vigilante
-Rocky
-Double Dragon

^Nice. I want a Master System pretty bad. I've got like 7 complete games for it yet I've never seen a console out there in the wilds.

Here's yesterday's pickups:

d0c0b460008a03d809c85bb823a84bec.png

$15 for the DS Lite + GBA SP + :gba: Super Mario 3 + Pokemon Red
$1 each for the PS1 games.

[quote name='schultzed']I feel your pain . . . I can't really complain but I feel like the king of the crap bundle. I get a sys with some games and then I see some of the bundles that others get. Here was yesterday:

Granted an N64 with 6 games for $10 is pretty good but I get 5 crappy ones with one good game. But then I'll read here that someone got a few Mario Partys, Zelda, Paper Mario, and SMB in their bundle.

Great sale because after we agreed on $10 for the sys, I see all these DVDs ($1 each and $3 for sets) and end up spending $50 on what is $400-500 in Amazon listings.[/QUOTE]

Cruisin' USA is the shit! Did the system come with an expansion pak? That's 66% of the system's value right there. Pretty decent deal if it came with one.

I got the "someone just bought all the old games" line about 10 times, and for the few advertised sales, I heard at each house "yeah some guy showed up here at 5am and woke me up to buy all the games". Seriously some of these resellers are getting crazy! They still think every NES game is worth $12,000 and theyre gonna get rich by finding NES games

Anyway one sale ended up sucking and being amazing at the same time; the seller had some SNES games for $1 each and said she had about 30 NES games and someone bought them right before I got there. However one of the games still there was Lufia 2!!!! I dont understand why whoever bought the NES games skipped this one. The downside is the label has a huge rip on the front. Anyone know if I could still get any money from this? I think its worth about $80-$90 so I wonder if I could get $50 for it since its damaged. Or is there anywhere I can get a reproduction label made? It sucks finding such a rare game but in shit condition

[quote name='TheHelix']I went to a yard sale this morning on the way home from the grocery store and this guy was selling a PS2 with some shit games. Didn't even have the original controller. I ask how much and he says $100. I think this was the first time I was really offended by someone's offer. I said are you serious and he was firm. I tried to lowball him for $10 but he said no. I then said you can get this crap at Gamestop for around $40 then left.

All I gotta say ls lol[/QUOTE]

How did he react when you told him off about how GameStop is much cheaper? :lol:

[quote name='crows in black']I got the "someone just bought all the old games" line about 10 times, and for the few advertised sales, I heard at each house "yeah some guy showed up here at 5am and woke me up to buy all the games". Seriously some of these resellers are getting crazy! They still think every NES game is worth $12,000 and theyre gonna get rich by finding NES games

Last week I had one garage sale person asked me if I was the one that emailed her 2 twice about having video games. I wonder if these people
just email/call every single person that has a garage sale, even if they don't mention video games in their ad, like the person I talked to didn't.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Did the system come with an expansion pak? That's 66% of the system's value right there. Pretty decent deal if it came with one.[/QUOTE]

66%? A complete N64 (hookups, controller, couple crap games) will sell for about $40-45 . . . with an expansion pak, its more like $55. Mine doesn't have one or I would've mentioned it.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']How did he react when you told him off about how GameStop is much cheaper? :lol:[/QUOTE]

He had the same reaction, like he was really gonna sell this for a $100. I guess.

Random question: has anyone here ever found a Commodore 64 at a yard sale?

[quote name='TheHelix']He had the same reaction, like he was really gonna sell this for a $100. I guess.

Random question: has anyone here ever found a Commodore 64 at a yard sale?[/QUOTE]

We found one in SD.

[quote name='schultzed']66%? A complete N64 (hookups, controller, couple crap games) will sell for about $40-45 . . . with an expansion pak, its more like $55. Mine doesn't have one or I would've mentioned it.[/QUOTE]

You're terribly mistaken. Generic black N64's go for about $15 with a controller and hook-ups. You can get more if you ship internationally.

N64's with expansion paks go for $35-40.

You're nuts if you think you're gonna sell an N64 with no expansion pak for $45.

I have over 15 N64's in my stock, all with expansion paks, and I sell them for $35 BIN with a controller and hook-ups.

You can increase the value of the system with colored controllers and games, but that's completely irrelevant to my point. If I cared to, I could get an N64 deck with a jumper and controller for sub 15 + shipping with ease.

[quote name='AugustAPC']You're terribly mistaken. Generic black N64's go for about $15 with a controller and hook-ups.

N64's with expansion paks go for $35-40.

You're nuts.[/QUOTE]

I am nuts but not "terribly mistaken."

Checking my records, I sold 8 (3 with expansion) of them in January 2012 (each complete with 3 or 4 junk games). I undersold one with an expansion pak for $49.99 . . . the other 2 got $55.99 and $57.99. One standard one went for $43.99 and the rest were $42.99. But given the high fees and low shipping reminbursment on Amazon . . . our net amounts could be about the same. :whistle2:( This was in the wake of the holiday rush . . . no telling where the market will be this year.

PS the last terrible mistake I made was agreeing to have kids . . . "the horror, the horror".

Different websites there; I'm starting to like systems for local sale however. Put up an NES console with two controllers + five cheap but okay games and some newbie will pick it up in a flash for $35. After they make the purchase you can whip out some $2 carts or $5 common CIBs; with the console as the gateway drug you have a great way of unloading stuff that would bore you to tears listing online.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Different websites there; I'm starting to like systems for local sale however. [/QUOTE]

This is a really good idea . . . even if your price is below that of an online sale you will save on fees and shipping.

[quote name='schultzed']This is a really good idea . . . even if your price is below that of an online sale you will save on fees and shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I only sell consoles via CL actually. Ive sold N64 with a game or two for $30 a couple times, DS lites for $80 with mario kart a few times, wii with mario kart for 90 a few times.

[quote name='elessar123']We found one in SD.[/QUOTE]

I have seen one, a few years ago, but it was just the keyboard part, and it was fairly expensive. I figured it was useless so I didn't buy it. I don't have a monitor here to hook it up to unless it somehow hooks up to a regular CRT TV. Also correct me if I am wrong but it would be rather useless without the disc drive... right?

[quote name='TheHelix']He had the same reaction, like he was really gonna sell this for a $100. I guess.

Random question: has anyone here ever found a Commodore 64 at a yard sale?[/QUOTE]

I bought this in 2009 for $2. It is a 128 model though.

29e0d339.jpg

9e4bf244.jpg

3b6e55b9.jpg

995794d2.jpg

fc6c5d71.jpg

472afa2e.jpg

Notice the Ultima V complete with coin. ;)

Bonus finds from the same weekend:

Sealed $1
74ff94ab.jpg

I don't remember what I paid, but I think it was .25 per game.

f8ebf323.jpg
Looking at finds like this, makes me realize how little I am finding the past year or two. :cry:

EDIT: Here are my OPs: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6005491&postcount=925

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6005712&postcount=928

:bouncy:

You can plug the c64 into any TV. There is a slot in the keyboard for cartridge games but most games were on disks.

Ive never personally seen one at a yard sale but ive seen a few yard sales on CL advertised with them for stupid prices like $200

I actually got 2 C64's, 2 floppy drives, and an Amiga 1500 on CL for $20 total( to give you an idea of their actual value, which is almost nothing)

[quote name='TheHelix']Random question: has anyone here ever found a Commodore 64 at a yard sale?[/QUOTE]

I haven't been keeping up with posting this year but I did see one earlier this year but they wanted $100 (seemed like a nice guy but looked it up online so yeah I'm sure everyone knows how that goes) I did get a few nice little parting gifts out of the deal. I actually just found and got a SX-64 this past week but that's it in the last 8 years.

[quote name='crows in black']You can plug the c64 into any TV. There is a slot in the keyboard for cartridge games but most games were on disks.

Ive never personally seen one at a yard sale but ive seen a few yard sales on CL advertised with them for stupid prices like $200

I actually got 2 C64's, 2 floppy drives, and an Amiga 1500 on CL for $20 total( to give you an idea of their actual value, which is almost nothing)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't see the point if it has almost no value, also I have almost no space left so I would prefer to save the space for something that would be of a bit more value and a bit smaller in size. I never played the commodore as a kid so I don't have any nostalgia for it, but if you have played it and have space for it, then its probably worth keeping for those people. There are many things I would like to have, like some older TV's, some more VCR's, but I am just plum out of space for it, and these things don't have much value, and its not exactly easy to ship out a full sized TV. Perhaps I would make room for an Apple II but I have never actually seen one in the wild, I think it would be small enough where I could squeeze it in somewhere if the price was right and I have some nostalgia for it since I used them a lot as a kid in school. Now I didn't mind making room for something like the betamax player I got which is worth at least $150 on the low end, probably has more value than some of my consoles.

When talking about old computers and stuff, this is also getting into the territory of things that I cannot lift by myself, which poses a large problem. I was definitely at my limit with the betamax player, as I barely got it up the stairs without hurting myself. I occupy the upstairs, and its a narrow staircase, so anything I bring home I have to be able to haul up the stairs by myself. This means no CRT's or anything else heavy unless of course I am able to pick them up by myself. Most of the lots of games can be split up into multiple bags for multiple trips up the stairs, but the problem is with one heavy object, its just not happening.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Different websites there; I'm starting to like systems for local sale however. Put up an NES console with two controllers + five cheap but okay games and some newbie will pick it up in a flash for $35. After they make the purchase you can whip out some $2 carts or $5 common CIBs; with the console as the gateway drug you have a great way of unloading stuff that would bore you to tears listing online.[/QUOTE]

If you guys have any local anime/game conventions near you, you can get $50+ for most retro consoles if you get a booth to sell at. People at conventions will buy stuff on a whim if it seems reasonable enough.

Well.. there's plenty of variables to consider when selling.

Like I said before, I sell N64's with no games, and only a standard gray controller. I also don't ship internationally.

$50? thats nothing, I sell NES's and SNES's on ebay all the time for $125 buy it now, and all I throw in are 5 or 6 common games. They always sell within 24 hours of me posting them too

bread's done
Back