Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='crows in black']$50? thats nothing, I sell NES's and SNES's on ebay all the time for $125 buy it now, and all I throw in are 5 or 6 common games. They always sell within 24 hours of me posting them too[/QUOTE]

Damn, if you're that good what's your buy price? We could sell our finds to you at market value and you'd still turn a profit I reckon :bouncy:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Damn, if you're that good what's your buy price? We could sell our finds to you at market value and you'd still turn a profit I reckon :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

i don't buy anything unless its dirt cheap. the first NES I got had about 12 common games with it and I paid $10 and sold it for $125. The first SNES I got for $1 and then also found super mario world, super metroid, and zelda link to the past for $1 each and I sold all that for $125 as well. I got an atari 2600 in the box with about 5 games for free (the guy thought it didnt work) and sold it on craigslist for $100. Most recently I got an NES, 30 NES games (including final fantasy ), a SNES with 10 games, and a Gamecube with 2 wireless controllers and 40 games and paid $2 for ALL of that together (I swear I'm not making that one up! I still can't believe that deal!) and sold each one of those lots for $125 on ebay. I usually never pay more than $20 for a console with games because its just not worth the hassle for me unless I'm gonna make a good chunk of money out of it

I never thought I'd get $125 because there are so many people selling that stuff on ebay, but I listed my first NES lot for $125 (expecting that after all the fees I would get $100 out of it) just for the hell of it and actually it sold within 2 hours. Ever since then I've been regularly getting $100 (after ebay fees) for older game systems with a few common games thrown in.

[quote name='crows in black']$50? thats nothing, I sell NES's and SNES's on ebay all the time for $125 buy it now, and all I throw in are 5 or 6 common games. They always sell within 24 hours of me posting them too[/QUOTE]

The "commons" that you mention with your SNES (SMW, Zelda, SMetroid) are worth as much as $70 on their own . . . if there were other games with that bundle, then your sale may have actually been below $50 for the system.

[quote name='crows in black']i don't buy anything unless its dirt cheap. the first NES I got had about 12 common games with it and I paid $10 and sold it for $125. The first SNES I got for $1 and then also found super mario world, super metroid, and zelda link to the past for $1 each and I sold all that for $125 as well. I got an atari 2600 in the box with about 5 games for free (the guy thought it didnt work) and sold it on craigslist for $100. Most recently I got an NES, 30 NES games (including final fantasy ), a SNES with 10 games, and a Gamecube with 2 wireless controllers and 40 games and paid $2 for ALL of that together (I swear I'm not making that one up! I still can't believe that deal!) and sold each one of those lots for $125 on ebay. I usually never pay more than $20 for a console with games because its just not worth the hassle for me unless I'm gonna make a good chunk of money out of it

I never thought I'd get $125 because there are so many people selling that stuff on ebay, but I listed my first NES lot for $125 (expecting that after all the fees I would get $100 out of it) just for the hell of it and actually it sold within 2 hours. Ever since then I've been regularly getting $100 (after ebay fees) for older game systems with a few common games thrown in.[/QUOTE]

Hahah, I knew there some kind of mitigating circumstances to the boast you made. It's like saying you sell SNES consoles for $200 all the time, bundled with Earthbound :cool:

So super mario world, super metroid, and link to the past are not considered common games? I find those 3 games at yard sales more than any other SNES game I figured they werent worth a whole lot. Oh well at least now I dont feel like I ripped anyone off

[quote name='Artrigis']^^ Worth about 10, 30, and 20[/QUOTE]

It looks like you might get as much as $40 for Super Metroid (good timing/right buyer). Which kinda shocked me . . . although it might be my favorite game of all time.

[quote name='schultzed']It looks like you might get as much as $40 for Super Metroid (good timing/right buyer). Which kinda shocked me . . . although it might be my favorite game of all time.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I just sold a copy of Super Metroid last week for $40 shipped.

finished shipping off all of my packages from the tiv glitch today.

almost couldn't actually send them off though. today was the last day to ship them out according to amazon (10/3) but when i went to go print the shipping label at ~4pm, it was gone and said that the shipping deadline had passed. i live chatted with a rep and called a different one on the phone, during which i realized i still had my trade in page up on a different internet browser from last night. clicked on print shipping labels from there and it amazingly worked. :bouncy:

Catching up (not really :lol:)

Non game, sealed (for resale): $6

saigon3_zpsb647d4ed.jpg

$1 sealed (for resale):

familyfeudsealed1_zps7f56ba55.jpg

50 cents

TMNTGB50_zps56dd144b.jpg

$2 (I got Pure mixed up with Dirt)

2bucks_zpsabcd9431.jpg

Wouldn't deal $6 total for trade ins:

set62_zpsdc3eac6c.jpg

$5 total for everything and for stuff not pictured (bag sale)

5forall2_zps9a698f50.jpg

5forall7_zps836027df.jpg

$25 for all, more than I like to pay, but worth it. ;)

25lot3_zpsbc4e76dd.jpg

25lot_zps520e3f7b.jpg

:bouncy:

I'm pretty happy I got that DVD bundle last week out from the old man who was "buying games for his grandson". I sorted through it and watched a few good ones (He-Man, Batman Animated series) and sold a few expensive ones (like Sarah Plain and Tall for $30 and I have another listed for like $60). All in all if I watch what I want and resell them all I should end up clearing like 250 - 300 profit from the 50 dollar purchase. There was quite the hilarious mix in the box. TMNT, He-Man, Batman, Superman, then some Disney and little kids stuff, and then a whole bunch of Christianity stuff. I was going to open up some "documentary" on Allosaurus when I red the final line on the back which states how this documentary also supplies undeniable concrete proof that the last dinosaurs died out only a few thousand years ago and the Earth isn't millions of years old. Of course!

[quote name='Dokstarr']I was going to open up some "documentary" on Allosaurus when I red the final line on the back which states how this documentary also supplies undeniable concrete proof that the last dinosaurs died out only a few thousand years ago and the Earth isn't millions of years old. Of course![/QUOTE]

You didn't know?

[quote name='slowdive21']$2 (I got Pure mixed up with Dirt)[/QUOTE]
Don't knock it until you try it. Pure was a very fun game. One of only two Disney titles I've enjoyed (the other being Kingdom Hearts).

[quote name='Dokstarr']I was going to open up some "documentary" on Allosaurus when I red the final line on the back which states how this documentary also supplies undeniable concrete proof that the last dinosaurs died out only a few thousand years ago and the Earth isn't millions of years old. Of course![/QUOTE]
As crazy as it sounds, there are actually a lot of people who are convinced that this is true. Some folks are even still convinced that the world is flat. Lots of nutcases out there.

Today I snagged a GBA SP bundle with a bunch of games and crazy accessories. Highlights include
-Super Mario Bros 3
-Yoshis Island
-Pac Man Collection
-Alice In Wonderland (GB color)- I just really like AIW stuff :D
The accessories that came in this make make the damn gameboy look like the frankenstein monster. All these big bulky hunks of mismatched plastic that come together to make one tank of a handheld.

Unfortunately I plugged the gameboy in and it wont charge. The orange light flickers on for a second and then goes away. Well it was only $5 for all of it :/

Also picked up 2 xbox 360 controllers for $5 total. Glad I found these because now my friends don't have to bring theirs anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Eagle3ye']Today I snagged a GBA SP bundle with a bunch of games and crazy accessories. Highlights include
-Super Mario Bros 3
-Yoshis Island
-Pac Man Collection
-Alice In Wonderland (GB color)- I just really like AIW stuff :D
The accessories that came in this make make the damn gameboy look like the frankenstein monster. All these big bulky hunks of mismatched plastic that come together to make one tank of a handheld.

Unfortunately I plugged the gameboy in and it wont charge. The orange light flickers on for a second and then goes away. Well it was only $5 for all of it :/

Also picked up 2 xbox 360 controllers for $5 total. Glad I found these because now my friends don't have to bring theirs anymore[/QUOTE]

Put a new battery in the GBA SP and it will charge, I think there are batteries for like $1 on ebay.

The bigger problem here is this lets us know that when our batteries die, they can't be played just off the adapter though, which is a problem, as eventually the supply of Li-ion batteries for GBA SP's will disappear and those of us like me who are holding onto a backlit SP because its the most superior way to play Gameboy games will suffer.

[quote name='SaraAB']Put a new battery in the GBA SP and it will charge, I think there are batteries for like $1 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought of that right after I posted. It was kind of a "DUH" moment :lol:
I swapped it with another I had and it works fine so yeah I just need to order a replacement. Thanks a lot Sara :D

picked up a PSP go and a PS2 slim with 2 controllers, memory cards and about 12 games, nothing noteworthy except battlefront 1 + 2 for $20.

The PSP go is actually a nice little device, just gotta see what i can do with it

[quote name='Eagle3ye']I actually thought of that right after I posted. It was kind of a "DUH" moment :lol:
I swapped it with another I had and it works fine so yeah I just need to order a replacement. Thanks a lot Sara :D[/QUOTE]
I may be wrong but I think it's the same battery that went in an original DS.

Pretty sure it's not a DS lite.

I had to the most disappointing find today. My dad called me about some games, and out of the first stack I ended up buying three games for $5 (Bioshock (360), Children of Mana, and Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (ds)), when he noticed a gamesube lot. SYstem with 4 games, some nothing, Super Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros Melee, and Zelda Windwaker. THen he told me they were all disk onyl and scratched beyond belief, and I sadly had to say no. Sigh. Why can't I find a good, clean copy of those games. I just want to play them.

Like, the Bioshock I bought from them is in perfect condition.

Not a bad morning for me

First stop, lady wanted $3/game, I offered to buy all of them for $30, agreed on $35
too bad half of them are sports games :cry:

316ao2p.jpg

27y8jgg.jpg

2niqfzr.jpg

both the spyros have the holographic covers, anybody know if they are a special edition or something?

Went to a few more which had no video games, but the last one did. Picked up all these for $12
14l3j8n.jpg

First time out in months for me.
Picked up:
Finding nemo DVD for $2.
Wave bird w/o receiver. $1
and best find was pair of sixaxis ps3 controllelers (no usb cables) for $8. Already flipped them to gamestop for $48.60 that I put on a pre order of blops 2.

Unfortunately, couldn't go to any. Sucks since I saw an ad for an elementary school rummage said that said video game carts. Can't go right now either, :lol:, its my lil bro's bday. Oh well. Seems like I can never go to the sales. Haha

Sick day today. I picked up

-PS2 Slim Boxed System $5
-GameCube system $5
-Intec GameCube screen $1
-Some other random crappy gb games

AAAAAAND a box with 94!! Heavy metal CDs. Mostly black metal and power metal. Some of my faces include Nightwish, Meshuggah, Rhapsody, Ministry. Only $20 and I split it with a few friends

Been awhile for me.
All I got today was mariokart n64 for $3 and a non working ti-83 for $3. That was after 4 hours . Winning.

My bounty for today:

- 360 with no cords or hard drive (supposedly works) for $3. Was an older Asian gentlemen who said his grand children lost the cords.

- GBA with $15 crappy games (DKC 2 was highlight) for $5.

- GB SP (101) w/ Charger, Pokemon Emerald, Sonic Battle and Mario Advance for $5.

- New Super Mario Bros Wii (Complete) for $5.

- Left 4 Dead GOTY 360 for $2

- Ninja Gingerbread Man Wii $1

- PS3 Dual Shock 3 Controller (Black) $4 (Needed some cleaning, but works.)

Only hit a couple of sales this weekend.

A lady advertised Old nintendo w/games and super nintendo with games. She lived pretty far form me, so I emailed her and asked how much for all of it.

She wanted $170 for the 2 consoles and 33 games. I didn't even bother driving out.

2012-10-06_15-08-43_729.jpg

$1 each
2012-10-06_11-56-35_248-Cropped.jpg

$10
2012-10-06_11-55-12_278-Copy.jpg

Picked up for console parts and modding tools $1
2012-10-06_11-54-53_960.jpg

$3 total
2012-10-06_11-55-05_385-Copy.jpg

The old apple is actually from my old elementary school that closed down 10 years ago. paid $3
2012-10-06_11-54-43_672.jpg

DVD and 2 anime VHS sealed. Donkey Kong Country movie from 1999

Not pictured - 3 Dremel brand rotary tools and hundreds of bits for $5
PS2 with all wires + controller + memory card $5
Several Tenchi Muyo DVDS
Shawn of the dead DVD
Star Trek: Emissary Gift Set (NIB) $1
Like new VCR - $1
random N64 wrestling game for free

Picked up one nice lot today...

73ec7a.jpg

All complete except Abrams Battle Tank and Street Fighter.

2wlvy2q.jpg

Cart-only games. Nothing too rare but good games. Crash 3 is to replace the two copies I sent in to Amazon last week. :lol:

xp28oh.jpg

Cart only NES, SNES, and N64 games. That's Alien vs. Predator in the middle, I know it's hard to tell.

mazzmg.jpg

The SNES Mini is in the box, with a controller and hookups. No styrofoam or other inserts though.

Also included in this lot I got a Genesis model 1, original SNES (thorougly yellowed on the bottom half only), and a Playstation with cables.

I paid about $37 for everything.

[quote name='SnesGuy']Donkey Kong Country movie from 1999
[/QUOTE]

Oh God, I think that was the first part of the really awful Saturday morning Donkey Kong show. I remember watching that when it premiered, can't remember what channel it was on... in any case, it was really bad and I don't think I ever bothered to watch any more of it. If I remember correctly, it was the first time I ever remember not caring that a news report was interrupting a cartoon I was watching.

[quote name='Doomstink']Oh God, I think that was the first part of the really awful Saturday morning Donkey Kong show. I remember watching that when it premiered, can't remember what channel it was on... in any case, it was really bad and I don't think I ever bothered to watch any more of it. If I remember correctly, it was the first time I ever remember not caring that a news report was interrupting a cartoon I was watching.[/QUOTE]

Lol I only bought it because it was cheap and goes with my Donkey Kong Country snes games/players guids xD

I was told today multiple times, too late, just sold them (like always). One person told me the guy who bought their stuff was 15min ahead of me, then another guy told me 2 hours ahead of me so eh, dont know.
I went 45 min before start.

[quote name='Artrigis']I was told today multiple times, too late, just sold them (like always). One person told me the guy who bought their stuff was 15min ahead of me, then another guy told me 2 hours ahead of me so eh, dont know.
I went 45 min before start.[/QUOTE]

45 minutes isn't even early enough to beat the resellers anymore. It used to be that you could just show up 10 minutes early and beat them, but now they show up as early as 1 or 2 hours before a sale starts....and thats if they haven't already called or emailed days before and already bought everything. My mom had a yard sale from Thurs-Sun and she told me all these flea market sellers were knocking on her door at 5:00am Thursday morning and there were tons of them in cargo vans parked outside her house all morning and 5 different guys would run up to her the second she opened the garage door! And she didn't even post on CL, she just put a sign up the day before on the street corner. What is even worse is when you actually see the person buying the games so you know what you missed. Once I saw a stack of uncommon SNES games and as I picked them up, some fat old crotchety guy in overalls yells at me "EXCUSE ME SON I ALREADY DONE BOUGHT THEM NINTENDO TAPES!"

[quote name='Artrigis']I was told today multiple times, too late, just sold them (like always). One person told me the guy who bought their stuff was 15min ahead of me, then another guy told me 2 hours ahead of me so eh, dont know.
I went 45 min before start.[/QUOTE]

The tough part about buying video games is that there may be multiple people in your area hunting for them. And they might range from resellers, to people like yourself, to hoarders, and moms or grandmas who'll buy anything because they've been told to be on the lookout. I find it to be really bad at a community or subdivision sale because if you start at the wrong end . . . you'll miss the good stuff at the other end.

Some finds today

- a box of about 500 pokemon cards (no holos) - $2
- A large Budweiser King of Beers Marquee - $3
- A Snes w/ wires and controllers, with games - $10
games are DKC, Super Mario All Stars, Zelda LTTP, Carmen San Diego, Madden 97, a ripped up
Street Fighter 2, Top Gear 2, and a long box complete PS1 Wipeout
- Invader Zim vol 1 - $1
- Hercules DVD and Atlantis DVD for $2.60 total
- Polar Express DVD - $1
- Killzone 3 ps3 complete - $4
- Bumblebee Reveal the shield transformer, NIB - $3
- Demolisher transformer armada - .50
- Optimus Prime Armada (missing chest plate) - .50
- Black Label Castlevanie SOTM (with DC DOA2 disc only) - $2
- Star Wars KOTR missing manual - $1
- XBX GTA double pack complete - $2
- 100 yugioh cards (with several holos) - $1

I'm gonna post this right away because I have been negligent lately. Prior to August, I posted 90% of my gaming finds but in the last few weeks I posted almost 0.

So, Saturday starts with 39 degrees . . . damn the season is almost done. Only about 8 new sales on CL and in the paper. My first stop promises 1000s of books (my main objective) . . . so I get to this warehouse at 8am and it is all crap . . . I asked the seller if any other bookseller had gone through it but he says no. Its an estate and I think the reader was a big buyer who stopped buying around 1981 . . . big letdown for me.

So, I drive over to another listed sale and it has nothing good and almost nothing at all . . . why do some people bother when they have so little out? This sale is kinda locked in . . . so only 2 streets will get you there. I came in from the south and left from the south. As I head north along the main street . . . I see a sign on what would be the north entrance and as I blow by it (think it is for the dud sale) I see the word "comics" on it. I'm thinking "wait a minute there wasn't anything like that" and "maybe its another sale." So I do u-turn and sure enough the sign says "video games" too. Lucky I noted the sign because this was one of my better gaming finds.

As I walk up a guy is just leaving with a box of stuff . . . crap . . . but he bought comics (probably got all the good stuff from what I can tell). Other comic buyers later leave empty handed but the one guy got some 60s books. Turns out I know the guy (my daughter was in dance class with his years ago and we used to chat while they were in lessons). I don't see any video games . . . he hadn't brought them out yet. So he brings out 2 boxes with a GC and Xbox (games are $5 each) and I snatch up these:

In retrospect, I kinda messed up because he had a Gamecube system and he wanted $75 for all the GC games and the sys. I left behind 3 games, the sys and a wavebird. I probably could've talked him into $50 for all and basically gotten the WB for free . . . I ended up leaving it behind . . . so maybe someone else was excited to find it.

Then we start talking and it turns out that he has more stuff inside . . . as his wife "mans" the sale we head into the basement. All these pics are from this sale:

PS2 with 2 TV hookups (component and standard) and network adapter, N64 with expansion and Power but no TV hookup, SNES bare . . . said he'll call me if he finds hookups but I might have to just stop by . . . he's about 5 blocks north of me. There are 3 N64 controllers and 5 PS2 ones. (I think it was $20 for the PS2, $10 for the N64, and $5 for the SNES)

He's got a huge selection of NES games but he wants to keep them all . . . makes sense cuz he's 37 and probably cut his teeth on them. He had only a few SNES ones . . . makes me wonder what happened to the rest because he is into RPGs . . . damn this could've been better. I didn't ask him but I bet he traded them in.

Carts were $2 each

Some nice PS1 games:

While he was into RPGs, he didn't have any of the really hot ones :whistle2:(

Misc:

Complete copy of Minish Cap! Also I spotted the GCPlayer disc in the basement . . . discovered that the player was on the sys and he sold me both for $5 . . . again I should've offered $50 for the whole thing in the first place but intially is better to pay $45 for the games then to spend $75 on it. Oh well.

I really didn't haggle much because I know (and like) the guy and I was excited to find this stuff. He did shave some off the total. Paid $130 for everything.

I went to a moving sale I found out about on craigslist on Friday. The ad mentioned they had "Nintendo sets". It started at 10 am but I had to be to work at 8. I knew the good stuff would be gone since I didn't make it till my lunch break at 12:30...that is until I found sitting on a table with household items...

A *SEALED* copy of Zelda Majoras Mask Collectors Edition for N64 for $5!!!

The guy said all other Nintendo stuff was gone at the beginning of the sale and had about 10 people ask about it.

LOL those bastards missed out on the best part of the sale. I also picked up a sealed official N64 expansion pack as well as a bag full of Nintendo adapters.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']LOL those bastards missed out on the best part of the sale. [/QUOTE]

They might've brought it out later. Who knows what you missed . . .

After my score . . . I found games at 3 of the rest of the sales . . . I was hitting about 50%

These were marked $5 each

Paid $10 for all.

No manuals . . . $1 for the pair.

This sale advertised DS and games and I would've gone there first but I wanted to go to the one with books. Other end of town got there pretty late and didn't see games. I asked about it and she went "oh yeah" and fetched this:

I should've walked away from it but once I get negotiating its hard to break away. Turned out that I know the seller. I paid $40 for all.

Scored a nice find this morning:

(PS1) Legend of Dragoon
:360: Enchanted Arms
:xbox: Shenmue II
(PS1) Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete
(PS1) Star Ocean 2
:ps2: Romancing Saga
:ps2: Emphemeral Fantasia
:ps2: PTO IV

Guy offered a buck per disc, and the guy was really nice so I didn't haggle, ended up paying $15 total. He had some other JRPG games like Arc the Lad, Wild Arms, Xenosaga, etc. but I might be moving soon so I didn't want to go overboard on the purchases and just went for the ones I really wanted. Unfortunately, all games are disc only except for Enchanted Arms (my second copy I've bought lol) but they are in near mint condition and the guy and his wife were nice enough to give me extra game cases to hold my stuff in. Great day to start the morning.

Update: Holy crap I didn't know PTO IV was rare!

Hey guys, if anyone has some knowledge on this Id appreciate it.
Bought a copy of DKC 2 for myself from a 3rd party seller, changed my mind and now I want to cancel.

What is the defnition of "Shipping Soon" on Amazon? Does that mean that the seller has already purchased a shipping label for the item, or simply that my credit card has been approved?

Id like to cancel, but if the seller has already bought a shipping label he'd have grounds to deduct cost of shipping from my refund, in which case Id rather not cancel.

[quote name='Artrigis']
What is the defnition of "Shipping Soon" on Amazon? Does that mean that the seller has already purchased a shipping label for the item, or simply that my credit card has been approved?

Id like to cancel, but if the seller has already bought a shipping label he'd have grounds to deduct cost of shipping from my refund, in which case Id rather not cancel.[/QUOTE]

The seller probably hasn't purchased the label . . . but even if they have there is 24 hrs. to cancel it.

I'd just send a message and explain the situation. You'd like to cancel if possible.

[quote name='schultzed']
PS2 with 2 TV hookups (component and standard) and network adapter, N64 with expansion and Power but no TV hookup, SNES bare . . . said he'll call me if he finds hookups but I might have to just stop by . . . he's about 5 blocks north of me. There are 3 N64 controllers and 5 PS2 ones. (I think it was $20 for the PS2, $10 for the N64, and $5 for the SNES)[/QUOTE]

If you check back, ask about manuals or strategy guides. Even after trading in their games, some people still have these hanging around.

Really nice finds guys! Keep em coming!

(BTW: sorry my pics are so big..photobucket changed something and now they are bigger than before. I don't know how to rescale them unless I can do it in a basic program that comes with Vista.)

bread's done
Back