Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

Just returned from the game, but what happened to Cal? Ryan Mallett and Jevan Snead who are supposed to be two of the top quarterbacks in the league looked awful in their respective games.

WVU had the turnover bug again with 4 fumbles. But Devine put up over 200 yards rushing and thankfully Colorado sucks so they still won 35-24.

They've got to fix the ball securing and the crappy pass defense or teams like Cincy will slaughter us.

Holy cow what a great game between ND & Washington! Jake Locker had an amazing game. If his receivers would've held onto the ball in OT this game would still be going. Another 4th quarter comeback for the Irish!

I think Notre Dame has officially been paid back for the "Bush Push" non-call a few years ago. They scored a two-point conversion by basically pulling the back into the endzone. Also has anyone ever heard a "roughing the snapper" penalty called in a game before? The Irish basically had to make a 12 play goal line stand because of it.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Michigan State. :cool:[/QUOTE]

That was a pretty amazing game. I'm not a fan of either really but that was about as entertaining a story as you can get out of a football game.

Auburn is 5-0 after dominating Tennessee nearly the whole game. It should have been worse, though their D kept them in it. Lane should be very thankful for his dad.

I was really impressed with Tennessee's defense. They held back Auburn to 459 instead of their usual 500+ yards. They really picked up defense where it counted (5 field goal attempts where three of those were pretty close to TDs).

Tennessee isn't that bad, they just need to be a bit better offensively. In either case, I'm glad Auburn pulls out with another win. Auburn still has some work to do, but I was really impressed with how well Chris Todd managed the game. If this momentum keeps up, I believe Auburn should be able to win the next 3 games.

[quote name='Chitown021']I think Notre Dame has officially been paid back for the "Bush Push" non-call a few years ago. They scored a two-point conversion by basically pulling the back into the endzone. Also has anyone ever heard a "roughing the snapper" penalty called in a game before? The Irish basically had to make a 12 play goal line stand because of it.[/QUOTE]

It's a rare call, but long snappers get that extra level of protection under the rules just like kickers, holders and QBs.

Rule 9-1-2(o)

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I was really impressed with Tennessee's defense. They held back Auburn to 459 instead of their usual 500+ yards. They really picked up defense where it counted (5 field goal attempts where three of those were pretty close to TDs).

Tennessee isn't that bad, they just need to be a bit better offensively. In either case, I'm glad Auburn pulls out with another win. Auburn still has some work to do, but I was really impressed with how well Chris Todd managed the game. If this momentum keeps up, I believe Auburn should be able to win the next 3 games.[/QUOTE]

If McCalleb had caught that wide open pass from Burns the game would have gotten really ugly at that point. Hats off to their D for making us kick field goals.

Tennessee is really bad, at least offensively. But it's amazing how Auburn makes opposing QBs look like Tom Brady. I'm real pissed about that bullshit 70 yard drive at the end of the game. But that's Auburn's D this year.

I kind of think we drop the Arkansas game. i just don't feel good about a shootout with them.

Here's a good question. How does Alabama stay in third place in the AP and have five first place votes, yet Texas gets one vote and placed in second?

[quote name='pimpster4183']Here's a good question. How does Alabama stay in third place in the AP and have five first place votes, yet Texas gets one vote and placed in second?[/QUOTE]

It's a total point system not a first place vote system. one 1st place vote is worth more than a 2nd place vote etc.

More people have Texas ranked 2nd that they do Alabama, and that overrides the points from the 4 additional first place votes Bama got.

Some very entertaining games yesterday. Wow! for the first time in history Cincinnati is ranked above OSU in the AP poll(Kelly is really doing a great job there). However, all these polls are meaning less until the BCS standings are released.

Damn I totally forgot about the CAG college football thread!

I actually thought our defense looked slightly improved vs. TN last weekend and TN's offense looked a little better. With TN though, Berry on their D is a beast. It was like he was in the area for so many tackles made during that game.

One thing that still pisses me off though, and I'm an Auburn fan.. are those celebration calls against UGA in the LSU game. I really think it cost UGA the game.. and year after year LSU keeps getting these clutch stupid calls to eek out a win.

As for the AP, who cares. They've shown their level of expertise this season by thriving on hype and ESPN spoon-fed garbage in consistently failing to predict anything this season. Still nice to see AU getting national attention though :)

[quote name='Skylander7']Damn I totally forgot about the CAG college football thread!

I actually thought our defense looked slightly improved vs. TN last weekend and TN's offense looked a little better. With TN though, Berry on their D is a beast. It was like he was in the area for so many tackles made during that game.

One thing that still pisses me off though, and I'm an Auburn fan.. are those celebration calls against UGA in the LSU game. I really think it cost UGA the game.. and year after year LSU keeps getting these clutch stupid calls to eek out a win.

As for the AP, who cares. They've shown their level of expertise this season by thriving on hype and ESPN spoon-fed garbage in consistently failing to predict anything this season. Still nice to see AU getting national attention though :)[/QUOTE]

tatesmash.gif

Hopefully Tebow will get to play this weekend. Looking forward to some payback.

UM vs OU was great. OU should have won but had their main guys sitting out. I do have to admit that UM's QB held it together well. 2 INTs in the first quarter, most QB's would have broken down after that.

[quote name='munch']
tatesmash.gif
[/QUOTE]

Not quite as funny as when the ball bounced off the receiver's head. :lol:

I would say I'm going to miss Tate after this year (I will), but Auburn always seems to have a steady stream of decent running backs. Gotta live up to the name "running back U".

WVU took care of business and beat Syracuse 34-13 in the Carrier Dome. Really put it in cruise control and played flat in the 2nd half after having a 27-0 halftime lead. But at least they cut out the turnovers (just one fumble) and dumb penalties. Pass D still looked soft though.

Auburn got pounded by Arkansas 44-23. VT stomped BC 48-14. Not much else of note in the early games. Okla State and Kansas are in close games, as is South Carolina.

[quote name='munch']Auburn just got taken to the woodshed. Absolutely horrible.[/QUOTE]

Not such much taken to the woodshed as them leading themselves there. That game was just bad fundamentals. You can't make that many mistakes (penalties and fumbles) and expect to win football games. It could've easily been a close game, but not with those kinds of mistakes.

All in all, I'm not too worried yet even though I would have preferred a win. Auburn still has plenty of chance to learn from this and move on to the rest of the season.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Not such much taken to the woodshed as them leading themselves there. That game was just bad fundamentals. You can't make that many mistakes (penalties and fumbles) and expect to win football games. It could've easily been a close game, but not with those kinds of mistakes.

All in all, I'm not too worried yet even though I would have preferred a win. Auburn still has plenty of chance to learn from this and move on to the rest of the season.[/QUOTE]

For sure we made mistakes, but Arkansas won that game. They forced a lot of those mistakes. We were flat and looked unprepared. Our D got exposed big time and someone outschemed our OC.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Some very entertaining games yesterday. Wow! for the first time in history Cincinnati is ranked above OSU in the AP poll(Kelly is really doing a great job there). However, all these polls are meaning less until the BCS standings are released.[/QUOTE]

Cincy has an extremely weak schedule, they will get a BCS bid if they stay undefeated but I dont see them being in the NC game even if they are the only undefeated team at the end of the season.

They don't have to be undefeated to get a BCS bid. Just have to win the Big East.

And it's not that easy for them. USF and WVU are solid teams that will both finish ranked. Pitt is decent as well, as much as that pains me to say.

LSU absolutely killed themselves today. I have never seen so many offside/false start penalties in my life before. Not to mention the shitty play calling.

I smell bad happenings with everybody jumping on the Alabama bandwagon. Every person that I saw on tv last night was saying that Alabama vs. Florida is a lock in the SEC championship game. Have they seen the rest of their schedule? It doesn't seem that easy to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty disappointed in how bad ole miss' offense is doing this year. Our defense is pretty spot on but our offense is nowhere to be seen. If we had any sort of offense in the Alabama game i honestly think we would've won. I mean we screwed up a punt and gave them the ball on the 5 yard line and they could only get a field goal. I understand we lost Michael Oher and our fastest receiver Mike Wallace but our offense should be playing alot better than it is right now.

While things are looking pretty bad for us right now, we lost the same 2 games last year plus 2 others and still had a great season. But we were doing alot better offensively at this point last year, and all of the teams we ended up beating last year are doing a lot better this year so who knows.

I'm impressed with Cincy. Lose their star QB Pike for all but one series in the second half, and absolutely dominated the second half putting up a ton of yards.

34-17 win for them--wasn't really as close as the score.

[quote name='moonknight25']God, our crowd was pumped last night....gotta expect growing pains with a redshirt freshman qb. I'm still proud of my bulls however![/QUOTE]

:cry: How many years must we go through this.

Crap! Looks like USC is about to bust this thing wide open. I can't think of a more annoying sound in college football than that stupid USC song. They play that damn thing after every single play!

[quote name='Chitown021']Crap! Looks like USC is about to bust this thing wide open. I can't think of a more annoying sound in college football than that stupid USC song. They play that damn thing after every single play![/QUOTE]

The Notre Dame song is dangerously close.

Is anyone watching the Fl game? These refs cant be serious. They are helping Florida win however they can. Tebow must be blowing them. i mean they are just making sh*t up on the fly to hand Fl a td.

They're about as good as BE officials. Apparently the same rules of football don't apply to Florida. They can tackle the cb thats trying to pick a ball and false start but they don't have to worry about getting called. Such bullsh*t.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's about right. Those same rules apply to Alabama, too. LSU is also given an extra few seconds after the play is dead to make some hits.

[quote name='pimpster4183']god damn refs gave this game to Florida.[/QUOTE]

You know..I thought that at first but then I realized, had those 2 field goals not been missed...Florida would have lost.

I fully expect UT to drop in the polls and as much as I think Florida should too, for almost losing to an unranked team AT HOME...but they wont...

bread's done
Back