Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

[quote name='dkreegz515']Whats everyone think of the new BIG 10 (12) allignment? some rivalries are going to not play every season.[/QUOTE]

I hate the new big 10, always have.

Props to Utah

lol

Preseason rankings

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Boise State
4. Florida
5. Texas
6. TCU
7. Oklahoma
8. Nebraska
9. Iowa
10. Virginia Tech
11. Oregon
12. Wisconsin
13. Miami (FL)
14. USC
15. Pitt
16. Georgia Tech
17. Arkansas
18. North Carolina
19. Penn State
20. Florida State
21. LSU
22. Auburn
23. Georgia
24. Oregon State
25. West Virginia

Ohio State took care of business and I can't wait for next Saturday vs Miami! Monday night's VA Tech vs Boise State game should be interesting, though I think Tech will take care of them.

LETS GO TROJANS!!

Not a bad showing last night. Matt Barkley had that offense rolling. He looked really good leading. 5 touchdown passes - ties school record.

Defense on the other hand looked shaky at times. Let Hawaii take hold of momentum.

Kiffin saying after game that he was disappointed in the execution. But not a bad start when your whole football organization gets a reboot.

Shaky at times? Hawaii put 588 total yards on SC, 459 coming by air. They also had >50% 3rd down completion.

I'd say it was shaky all game. Barkley's stellar play won the game for them.

Florida doesn't look to good so far. This has to be the most boring game ever, every play has been a screen and there hasn't been a play over 15 yards. Also Go Louisville!

[quote name='gbpackers94']Florida doesn't look to good so far. This has to be the most boring game ever, every play has been a screen and there hasn't been a play over 15 yards. Also Go Louisville![/QUOTE]

Yeah, Flordia does not look like the number 4 team in the nation.

WVU took care of Coastal Carolina 31-0.

Defense and special teams were lights out. Offense has a good bit of improving to do. Especially the offensive line. They got beat way to much against a pretty poor team.

Louisville lost by 7 to Kentucky. I'll take this as a victory, seeing how we have all new coaches and a new qb, and Kentucky is a pretty solid sec team. Also Powell had 149 yards and a td.

LOL at Kansas losing 6-3 to North Dakota State....

Notre Dame looked decent. I know a win over Purdue is probably nothing to write home about but I was just happy to see the Irish defense actually show up for the first time in a few years. Under Weis the offense was great but the D could never get that one last stop to preserve a victory.

Big ups to North Dakota State. I always love it when North Dakota represents.

LOL @ Ole Miss. That Masoli karma got your ass quick.

A lot of heart by UNC last night. They could have given up but kept fighting. That is going to serve them well.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Holy shit. These new Boise State uniforms are ugly. I'm not sure how I feel about the VT jerseys, but the black helmets look good.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with Boise's uniforms?

It will be interesting to see if both Boise and TCU are the only teams left undefeated. I think it would be almost impossible for them to play in the national championship(BSU vs. TCU), but if they did I think there would be a huge uproar and almost instant implementation of a playoff.
This is all hypothetical and it's only one week into the season.

If they finish 1 and 2 in the final BCS they'd play.

Question is whether the pollsters would keep them 1 and 2 in the human polls, and where they fall in the computer rankings with their weak schedules.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Holy shit. These new Boise State uniforms are ugly. I'm not sure how I feel about the VT jerseys, but the black helmets look good.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter for either team. They were both Nike's new pro combat unis, and that was the only game either team will wear them.

Go Boise State, ruin the BCS for the good of everyone.

I live 10 minutes from Virginia Tech, people were pretty down today. I should've ordered that Boise State shirt off Amazon a couple weeks ago.

As a Virginia Tech fan I must bow my head in shame and use a....

32777-tactical_facepalm_super.jpg

All kidding aside though, much credit to Boise. They won fair and square.

[quote name='halo05']go boise state, ruin the bcs for the good of everyone.

I live 10 minutes from virginia tech, people were pretty down today. I should've ordered that boise state shirt off amazon a couple weeks ago.[/quote]

lol

Florida in the top 10... that is ridiculous! I haven't seen such bad snapping since the Tampa Bay Bucs' kicking team back in the days. This was against a team that went 1-11 in a bad conference. I guess that is what you get when you try and convert a "pocket QB" to a "option QB" and a guard into a center, and taking track stars into running backs (*cough* fumbles *cough*). Glad Florida will feel what we (FSU) and Miami have felt for the past couple of years. Bring those fans and players down to reality.

As for VT, the fans/players should be ok. Boise St is a great team with a lot of returning players. VT kept up with them the whole way so they should be proud. If there was a playoff system, I guarantee they would have been in the title game last year and well as maybe the year prior.

As for my team, I look forward to this upcoming year. I like what I saw from our offense last week. Finally, we are running the ball, including wildcat formation; something missing since Mark Richt left for UGA (2000). I can't wait until Saturday to see our real test in Oklahoma.

Last edited by a moderator:
WVU dodged horrible upset to Marshall tonight with a crazy comeback.

Down 21-6 with 7 and change to play, Marshall driving inside our 10. They fumble and we drive 96 yards and get a TD to make it 21-7.

Defense stops them, but they down the punt at our 2 with 3 minutes or so left. WVU drives 98 yards for the TD with 12 seconds, then gets the 2 point conversion to send it to OT.

Crappy possession in OT, but make the FG. Marshall does nothing and misses there field goal. WVU wins 24-21.

Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence! Will be a long year if we don't fix the O-line and other problems we've had these first two games against crummy opponents!

[quote name='dmaul1114']WVU dodged horrible upset to Marshall tonight with a crazy comeback.

Down 21-6 with 7 and change to play, Marshall driving inside our 10. They fumble and we drive 96 yards and get a TD to make it 21-7.

Defense stops them, but they down the punt at our 2 with 3 minutes or so left. WVU drives 98 yards for the TD with 12 seconds, then gets the 2 point conversion to send it to OT.

Crappy possession in OT, but make the FG. Marshall does nothing and misses there field goal. WVU wins 24-21.

Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence! Will be a long year if we don't fix the O-line and other problems we've had these first two games against crummy opponents![/QUOTE]

I thought you gave up on your team when they didn't "merge into the ACC". Knew that wouldn't last :lol:

Didn't give up, but don't follow nearly as closely anymore. Just watching the games, no reading news articles, no posting on WVU sports forums etc. :D

Just a boring schedule, and a crappy coaching staff that just seems unlikely to every win more than 8 or 9 games even on these crappy schedules. Be lucky to hit that this year given they could barely squeak by a poor Marshall team that lost 45-7 to Ohio State last week. So not worth putting the time and effort into following closely anymore.

[quote name='Magus8472']And making Boise State look bad in the process, to boot.[/QUOTE]

whatever. As long as Vt loses I'm happy. I think Vt gave up on the season after the Boise game.

It's nice to see Ohio State getting back into a rhythm as they got the lead back at 20-10 at the moment.

Edit: Damn. Another return TD. They need to work on that quickly.

Edit 2: And another great follow-up kick return for Ohio State. I hope they capitalize on this return.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']What in the name of Doo Doo Brown is going on with my Hokies?[/QUOTE]

Same thing as the rest of the ACC apart from Miami, apparently.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']What in the name of Doo Doo Brown is going on with my Hokies?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think Frank Beamer has lost it. He had an incredible run, and they've been the most consistently dominant ACC team for ages, but he just can't get it done anymore. I don't know who should take his spot (I know Bud Foster has stated he doesn't want to be a head coach, that might change if he could stay here) but they are pretty terrible right now, and I don't think he knows what to do to make them better.

[quote name='Halo05']Honestly, I think Frank Beamer has lost it. He had an incredible run, and they've been the most consistently dominant ACC team for ages, but he just can't get it done anymore. I don't know who should take his spot (I know Bud Foster has stated he doesn't want to be a head coach, that might change if he could stay here) but they are pretty terrible right now, and I don't think he knows what to do to make them better.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go as far as to call them terrible. They played a very good first game, but I think it crushed their spirits. Even though I absolutely hate VT, they are not a bad team, I just think they gave up on the season already.

You're right, terrible is too strong for their performance against Boise State, that was a gutsy near-comeback and really painted VT as a team that could have won the game with a tiny bit more luck or a less perfect final drive by Boise State.

Losing at home to JMU is absolutely, unequivocally, terrible.

Holy crap! What a difference a QB makes! Crist comes out for the second have and guides the Irish to a score in just a couple plays! We got away with one there... Had Michigan decided to challenge the WR dropped the ball before he crossed the goalline...:whistle2:$:whistle2:$:whistle2:$

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chitown021']Holy crap! What a difference a QB makes! Cryst comes out for the second have and guides the Irish to a score in just a couple plays! We got away with one there... Had Michigan decided to challenge the WR dropped the ball before he crossed the goalline...:whistle2:$:whistle2:$:whistle2:$[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened in the WVU-Marshall game last night. Marshall WR dropped the ball before crossing the goal line on a long TD.

Just no time for coaches to see the replay, and notice the problem, to challenge it before the XP is kicked since there's now way to tell in real speed.

Dammit! Hell of a game for both teams but Michigan saved their best drive for last. Ate up the rest of the clock and scored the winning TD.

[quote name='Magus8472']Same thing as the rest of the ACC apart from Miami, apparently.[/QUOTE]

Apart from Miami? Umm... you did watch the Miami game? Miami is in the same category as all the other top 25 ACC teams. They all got dominated including my Noles. Miami's only points were on kick returns for the first 3 quarters. Jacoby Harris threw 4 interceptions. That is not pretty, especially knowing this game was really sloppy on both teams part :roll:

[quote name='lordopus99']Apart from Miami? Umm... you did watch the Miami game? Miami is in the same category as all the other top 25 ACC teams. They all got dominated including my Noles. Miami's only points were on kick returns for the first 3 quarters. Jacoby Harris threw 4 interceptions. That is not pretty, especially knowing this game was really sloppy on both teams part :roll:[/QUOTE]

They were only down 20-17 when I posted that. Yeah, they collapsed like a house of cards along with the rest of the conference.

WVU beat MD pretty easily, 31-17. Should have been a much bigger win. Were up 28-0 early in the third and took the pedal off the gas going very conservative on offense and gave up a 60 and 80 yr TD pass.

Toughest game of the year next Saturday night at LSU.

bread's done
Back