Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

I can't believe Brutus Buckeye got attacked by Rufus Bobcat. I think it wouldn't have been as bad, if it didn't happen during the pre-game ritual. It was wrong but, funny at the same time, especially when security dragged out Rufus. Ohio U coach Frank Solich said it best, "Obviously we needed to tackle the guy with the ball, not the mascot.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siM3-4AAP2Y

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha, i laughed way more than i should of at that vide. fucken mascot bloopers are hilarious.

P.S: What the hell is a buckeye? a Potatoe?

Edit: It's ohios state tree that produces nuts. Mascots head is a nut. Alright then, learn something every day.

[quote name='dmaul1114']WVU beat MD pretty easily, 31-17. Should have been a much bigger win. Were up 28-0 early in the third and took the pedal off the gas going very conservative on offense and gave up a 60 and 80 yr TD pass.

Toughest game of the year next Saturday night at LSU.[/QUOTE]

I think you're forgetting about a little game on Nov 20 :p

Meh, if WVU plays to their potential and the crappy coaching staff doesn't hamper them, WVU should run through the rest of the schedule after LSU with relative ease. Pitt will be tough since it's in their house this year. Beyond that I'm not too worried about other games on paper as the Big East sucks balls even worse than usual this year.

But not on paper, we'll probably lose a game or two we shouldn't due to poor coaching.

WVU lost to LSU as expected. At least kept it close at 20-14. Fumble at the 10 set up one LSU TD, and they gave another away by stupidly punting to Peterson.

And as a whole the Big East continues to suck. 0-4 against BCS opponents this week.

I'm glad that Alabama won today, but I don't think that the score says everything. Turnovers killed Florida. It would have been a close score without those.

Also I think Oregon may jump Boise State in the next poll.

[quote name='scuba t']I'm glad that Alabama won today, but I don't think that the score says everything. Turnovers killed Florida. It would have been a close score without those.

Also I think Oregon may jump Boise State in the next poll.[/QUOTE]

They did jump them, BSU is now 4th

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']They did jump them, BSU is now 4th[/QUOTE]

Gotta keep 'em out of that title game somehow.

College football remains so bullshit in so many ways.

Keep 90% of the fucking useless bowl games for mediocre teams to play on January 1st but force the top 4, 6, or 8 teams into a playoff.

The polls are a week by week thing. That being said, the rest of Boise State's schedule doesn't look good. So I don't think they'll rise in the polls without someone losing. Everybody is playing their toughest games now. They may even drop lower if somehow the top three stay undefeated and Oklahoma and Nebraska meet in the Big 12 title game undefeated, but I don't expect that to happen.

Alabama vs. Oregon in the BCS National Championship Game is my prediction.

Though I don't think Ohio State will lose a game (they will if Pryor ever gets injured), an undefeated Oregon would jump them for #2 given how Pac-10 is one of the best conferences this year along with the SEC.

[quote name='scuba t']I'm glad that Alabama won today, but I don't think that the score says everything. Turnovers killed Florida. It would have been a close score without those.

Also I think Oregon may jump Boise State in the next poll.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who couldn't guess that Alabama was going to crush Florida, just doesn't watch any football. Florida is by far the most overrated team in all of college football. If you can't handle a snap, kiss your offense goodbye. The score never would have been close, even without the turnovers.

The best moment from the game was the jump pass interception. I just laughed for a long time when seeing that, as I knew that play was coming.

[quote name='lordopus99']Anyone who couldn't guess that Alabama was going to crush Florida, just doesn't watch any football. Florida is by far the most overrated team in all of college football. If you can't handle a snap, kiss your offense goodbye. The score never would have been close, even without the turnovers.

The best moment from the game was the jump pass interception. I just laughed for a long time when seeing that, as I knew that play was coming.[/QUOTE]

ratings were based on last year's performance. everyone knew that this year would be a challenge with them losing a lot of the senior players and with a new starting quarterback.

[quote name='HuBu']ratings were based on last year's performance. everyone knew that this year would be a challenge with them losing a lot of the senior players and with a new starting quarterback.[/QUOTE]

The fact they are still number 14 in the country, obviously, shows that people still think they are better than they really are. Luckily for us, LSU walks in next week and that should drop them some more; hopefully out of the top 25.

[quote name='starmask2k3']should be # 1 Oregon and # 2 TCU[/QUOTE]

Thats a funny post. LaMichael James wouldn't be doing what he does if he actually played a team that had a good defense. Pac-10 is a joke. Haha.

Alabama on the other hand beat a good Arkansas team, not to mention 2 additional ranked teams. Ohio St also beat a good Miami team. Oregon has played no one.

[quote name='lordopus99']Thats a funny post. LaMichael James wouldn't be doing what he does if he actually played a team that had a good defense. Pac-10 is a joke. Haha.

Alabama on the other hand beat a good Arkansas team, not to mention 2 additional ranked teams. Ohio St also beat a good Miami team. Oregon has played no one.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're going to mention OSU beating Miami, then you have to mention Oregon beating Stanford, who was #9 in week 5. Unless you consider Stanford a nobody (which I hope you don't.)

I'll agree with the rest of first 4 weeks of the Oregon schedule though, bunch of non-conference high school teams and an overrated ASU defense.

[quote name='lordopus99']Thats a funny post. LaMichael James wouldn't be doing what he does if he actually played a team that had a good defense. Pac-10 is a joke. Haha.

Alabama on the other hand beat a good Arkansas team, not to mention 2 additional ranked teams. Ohio St also beat a good Miami team. Oregon has played no one.[/QUOTE]

Alabama certainly, but are you really going to argue that OSU's schedule has been any better than Oregon's? Each has played only one ranked team. Or are you trying to say that Ohio, Marshall and Eastern Michigan are worthy competition?

[quote name='Magus8472']Alabama certainly, but are you really going to argue that OSU's schedule has been any better than Oregon's? Each has played only one ranked team. Or are you trying to say that Ohio, Marshall and Eastern Michigan are worthy competition?[/QUOTE]

What I was stating is that Miami is a better team than Stanford is. Yes both have weak games besides those two. And yes, I do believe Ohio St will not end the season undefeated. Oregon on the other hand has a cake walk on the way in since as I stated "Pac-10 is a joke".

The Pac 10 isn't great, but is better than your ACC and much better than the crappy Big East so I wouldn't call it a joke.

I'd also probably say Stanford is better than Miami.

Alabama is clearly the team to beat though.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The Pac 10 isn't great, but is better than your ACC and much better than the crappy Big East so I wouldn't call it a joke.

Alabama is clearly the team to beat though.[/QUOTE]

I agree with all 3 points here. Though I would argue Pac-10 is better than most people give it credit for. Better than the SEC or Big 10? Probably not. But it's not a bad conference this year.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The Pac 10 isn't great, but is better than your ACC and much better than the crappy Big East so I wouldn't call it a joke.

I dont know about that. Our conference isn't that great but we are better than them.

Clemson, a bottom feeder, took Auburn/Cam Newton (at Auburn) to OT
VT played a really close game against Boise St
UNC played LSU close, missing about every impact player
Virginia, another bottom feeder, almost took out 4-1 USC, midlevel Pac-10

Pac-10 teams... only worthwhile non-conference was UCLA taking down Texas

Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. A loss is a loss.

And VT lost to freaking James Madison at HOME--that more than negates almost beating Boise State.

It's a joke league this year, only getting less bashing than it would otherwise because the Big East has been even more Pathetic with only 2 wins against BCS teams--and those were over bad ones in UMD and Vandy.

[quote name='lordopus99']Pac-10 teams... only worthwhile non-conference was UCLA taking down Texas[/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree with dmaul, though I feel the need to point that Arizona-Iowa is also a pretty decent win.

I totally disagree with this, especially since Alabama barely beat Arkansas,
there is a real southern bias, look at Florida's ranking

I think there a lot of teams that dont belong in the top 10
and some that do, but arnt in it.

[quote name='WarPSycho']I totally disagree with this, especially since Alabama barely beat Arkansas,
there is a real southern bias, look at Florida's ranking

I think there a lot of teams that dont belong in the top 10
and some that do, but arnt in it.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I agree on is the deal with Florida's ranking.

Besides that...
Ryan Mallet is one of the best QBs in the nation. #2 in passing yards (1835). Don't sleep on Arkansas.

Alabama hands down is the team to beat; the front runner for national championship. They have two rushers that average over 7 yards/carry. They spanked both Penn St (ranked at the time) and Florida (top 10 at the time).

As for your last comment, all the teams in the top 10 currently validate their ranking (all are undefeated). Going forward, note these teams will eventually have to play other ranked teams and it should affect their ranking if they lose. For instance... Oregon plays Arizona, Alabama plays Auburn, TCU plays Utah, Ohio St plays Michigan, etc

Arkansas is a very good team as Opus notes, so yeah I think Alabama is the clear front runner. And I think Oregon is right behind them. Ohio State hasn't looked great at times, especially last weekend.

And no other teams in the top 10 really impress me. I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't Alabama and Oregon in the title game.

Only other team I see making it is Nebraska since Texas is down and Oklahoma doesn't look great either. Or maybe Boise or TCU if it ends up a crazy year and say Bama is the only unbeaten from a BCS league.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Arkansas is a very good team as Opus notes, so yeah I think Alabama is the clear front runner. And I think Oregon is right behind them. Ohio State hasn't looked great at times, especially last weekend.

And no other teams in the top 10 really impress me. I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't Alabama and Oregon in the title game.

Only other team I see making it is Nebraska since Texas is down and Oklahoma doesn't look great either. Or maybe Boise or TCU if it ends up a crazy year and say Bama is the only unbeaten from a BCS league.[/QUOTE]

It's more likely for Oregon to remain undefeated as they look to be a class above everyone else in the Pac-10 right now. Alabama definitely looks great, but has a much tougher schedule and can trip up (much like they also did at times last year). Unfortunately, Ohio State looks overrated at this point with 1 quality win which is also suspect as Jacory Harris continues to throw INTs like Brett Favre. Let Oregon and Ohio State play the rest of their schedule and then we'll talk. A lot of the other unbeatens in Big 10 are frauds (MSU, Michigan) while the ones that were unbeaten were exposed (Iowa, Wisconsin).

Nebraska to me looks like the clear #1 in the country.

Nebraska has looked great. But they've played a bunch of crappy teams so far so it's too early to say they're the clear number 1.

They've beaten: Western Kentucky, Idaho, Washington, South Dakota and Kansas State. Only Washington out of those is even mediocre.

But they do have a good chance to run the table since the Big 12 seems down a bit this year.

[quote name='MasterSun1']It's more likely for Oregon to remain undefeated as they look to be a class above everyone else in the Pac-10 right now. [/QUOTE]

Not saying much since I feel Pac-10 is way overrated in the media.

Alabama definitely looks great, but has a much tougher schedule and can trip up (much like they also did at times last year).

Trip up? They went undefeated last year. :roll:

I guarantee Alabama would smack around the likes of Oregon or Nebraska. The SEC > any other league

Unfortunately, Ohio State looks overrated at this point with 1 quality win which is also suspect as Jacory Harris continues to throw INTs like Brett Favre. Let Oregon and Ohio State play the rest of their schedule and then we'll talk. A lot of the other unbeatens in Big 10 are frauds (MSU, Michigan) while the ones that were unbeaten were exposed (Iowa, Wisconsin).

Miami is a quality win. They are favored to win the ACC and are ranked #13 in the nation. Their defense is solid, averaging 4.3 sacks/game (#2 for all teams).

I think Michigan would take offense for being called a fraud. Denard Robinson is the leading candidate for the heisman. Just some numbers: 1000 passing yards, 7 TDs, 1 Int, #3 in QB Rating, #1 Rusher, 905 rushing yards, 8 TDs.... can anyone stop this fellow. :roll:

Nebraska to me looks like the clear #1 in the country.

Robinson > Martinez. Like dmaul stated, Nebraska hasn't beaten anyone of worth. To me if they play against a team with a quality zone defense, they will be demolished. They might walk into the Big 12 championship but expect Oklahoma to come out as the Big 12 Champion.

[quote name='lordopus99']Not saying much since I feel Pac-10 is way overrated in the media.[/QUOTE]

That's your opinion. I'll trust the media (a mass of people) over a single individual.

Trip up? They went undefeated last year. :roll:

They needed a blocked FG against Tennessee last year and a drive for the ages against Auburn. I didn't say they did trip up, but were close and are much more likely to trip up in the SEC than Ohio State in the Big 10 or Oregon in the Pac 10.

I guarantee Alabama would smack around the likes of Oregon or Nebraska. The SEC > any other league

See 2009 vs. Utah. Of course you'll talk before the game actually happens and then shut up once the opposite of what you think will happen happens. I don't disagree that the SEC is #1 in the country, but the margin of being ahead of #2 is very slim (which you and other SEC homers) don't seem to realize.

Miami is a quality win. They are favored to win the ACC and are ranked #13 in the nation. Their defense is solid, averaging 4.3 sacks/game (#2 for all teams).

As the media says, ACC sucks, period. Okay, I adlibbed there, but the point is still the same. By your reasoning, Stanford is a quality win for Oregon.

I think Michigan would take offense for being called a fraud. Denard Robinson is the leading candidate for the heisman. Just some numbers: 1000 passing yards, 7 TDs, 1 Int, #3 in QB Rating, #1 Rusher, 905 rushing yards, 8 TDs.... can anyone stop this fellow. :roll:

Yet despite all that, they beat Notre Dame by 4, UMass by 5, and Indiana by 7. Such tough opponents to skate by. They haven't played a single opponent even close to being a quality win.

Robinson > Martinez. Like dmaul stated, Nebraska hasn't beaten anyone of worth. To me if they play against a team with a quality zone defense, they will be demolished. They might walk into the Big 12 championship but expect Oklahoma to come out as the Big 12 Champion.

I agree with you there, but they did destroy Washington (though prob doesn't count for much). Neither has most of the teams in the Top 10.

My last thought, SEC defenses are so overrated. They get to play against SEC offenses (see LSU, Tennessee).

Only 2 teams have "quality" wins right now IMO. Oregon over Stanford and Ohio State over Miami. Besides Alabama, the rest of the SEC "powerhouses" are so overrated it's comical: LSU (struggled against Tennessee), Florida (Tebow-less = offense-less), Arkansas (struggled against terrible Georgia), South Carolina (lost to Auburn). Only Auburn might deserve their ranking, but they haven't played anyone that's considered a contender.

If Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, and Nebraska/Oklahoma finish the season undefeated, it'll be Alabama vs. Oregon, especially if Ohio State keeps playing like they did against Illinois. Oklahoma needed style points against Texas, Cincinnati, and Air Force and they didn't score any. Nebraska might be ranked too low to catch either Oregon or OSU.

Ehh, I'd argue that Alabama going into Arkansas is a quality win despite their struggles against Georgia, who despite their record, have put up good fights against USC and Arkansas. Record-wise, seeing Arkansas beat Georgia by a touchdown seems like a joke, but the Bulldogs are competitive. But I understand a loss is a loss.

If its assumed Alabama finishes undefeated, and Ohio State and Oregon do as well, I don't think it can be assumed it'll be Oregon vs. Alabama.

It'll come down to how badly the Buckeyes and Ducks can beat down their conference opponents aka whoever makes it look easier, even despite inferior teams by comparison (Oregon is by far the best Pac-10 team thus far, much like Ohio State has been far away the best Big 10 team) but that doesn't mean Pac-10 and Big-10 don't have any stiff competition when they obviously do. Whoever can embarrass their opponents the most while maintaining a perfect record can expect an invite to Arizona at the end of the year. I'm not convinced that Oregon will do that yet.

[quote name='MasterSun1']See 2009 vs. Utah. Of course you'll talk before the game actually happens and then shut up once the opposite of what you think will happen happens. [/QUOTE]

See suspended All American Left tackle Andre Smith, who was the beast blocker that Glen Coffee would run behind. This was a huge factor in the outcome on the offensive side of Alabama. That team with Smith, the game would have been a lot different.

I don't disagree that the SEC is #1 in the country, but the margin of being ahead of #2 is very slim (which you and other SEC homers) don't seem to realize.

My last thought, SEC defenses are so overrated. They get to play against SEC offenses (see LSU, Tennessee)

Besides Alabama, the rest of the SEC "powerhouses" are so overrated it's comical: LSU (struggled against Tennessee), Florida (Tebow-less = offense-less), Arkansas (struggled against terrible Georgia), South Carolina (lost to Auburn). Only Auburn might deserve their ranking, but they haven't played anyone that's considered a contender.

I am realist, not a "SEC homer". My team is in the ACC so I should be pushing my conference forward but like a realist I realize our conference isn't all the great in football right now.

To the SEC...
"...margin of being ahead of #2 is very slim..." -
- SEC undefeated and 1 loss teams = 6 teams; all are ranked
- Pac-10 undefeated and 1 loss teams = 4 teams; 3 are ranked
Come bowl season you will see no conference comes close to the SEC teams.

"they get to play SEC offenses" - I guess you haven't heard of Cam Newton (Auburn), Ryan Mallet (Arkansas), Stephen Garcia (South Carolina)... :roll:

"South Carolina (lost to Auburn)" - why is losing to Auburn a negative. They lead at halftime and stayed in the game until the end. They have a great QB in Stephen Garcia, a top 5 WR in Alshon Jeffery, a 5 star back in Marcus Lattimore, and a solid defense.

"LSU (Struggled at Tennessee)" - it wasn't pretty but they still beat a ranked UNC and a ranked West Virginia team.

"Arkansas (struggled against a terrible Georgia)" - they also stayed in a close one with Alabama, hands down the favorite for a national championship

Unlike all the divisions you are all over, they are run by one to two teams... the SEC has 4 GREAT Teams (Bama, Auburn, Arkansas, and South Carolina).

By your reasoning, Stanford is a quality win for Oregon.
How? Sac St (2-3), Wake (2-3), UCLA (3-2), ND (2-3)... in other words, they have proved nothing by beating teams that have losing records. :roll: Again, not a quality win.

[quote name='lordopus99']See suspended All American Left tackle Andre Smith, who was the beast blocker that Glen Coffee would run behind. This was a huge factor in the outcome on the offensive side of Alabama. That team with Smith, the game would have been a lot different.[/QUOTE]

See making excuses. 1 player doesn't make a team (unless your name is Denard Robinson)

- SEC undefeated and 1 loss teams = 6 teams; all are ranked
- Pac-10 undefeated and 1 loss teams = 4 teams; 3 are ranked
Come bowl season you will see no conference comes close to the SEC teams.

Majority of those SEC teams haven't played anyone that's actually considered a top team. Throw in the East Coast bias and that's why they're ranked.

"they get to play SEC offenses" - I guess you haven't heard of Cam Newton (Auburn), Ryan Mallet (Arkansas), Stephen Garcia (South Carolina)...

Stephen Garcia, who fumbled away twice and choked the game away. Ryan Mallet who couldn't lead his team to victory and choked on a terrible throw away. Cam Newton is the only one that looks good, but again, Auburn has played no one.

"South Carolina (lost to Auburn)" - why is losing to Auburn a negative. They lead at halftime and stayed in the game until the end. They have a great QB in Stephen Garcia, a top 5 WR in Alshon Jeffery, a 5 star back in Marcus Lattimore, and a solid defense.

See above for Garcia response and on Auburn. Lattimore may be talented, but has looked average in the past couple weeks.

"LSU (Struggled at Tennessee)" - it wasn't pretty but they still beat a ranked UNC and a ranked West Virginia team.

UNC was missing a majority of their key players and West Virginia is overrated as well. Wins against them don't make up for struggling against a terrible Tennessee team. LSU will lose a couple more games soon.

"Arkansas (struggled against a terrible Georgia)" - they also stayed in a close one with Alabama, hands down the favorite for a national championship

This suggests that Alabama isn't as good as everyone makes them out to be. If Alabama continues to have more games like that against the rest of the SEC, Ohio State or Oregon will overtake them for #1. Style points matter.

Unlike all the divisions you are all over, they are run by one to two teams... the SEC has 4 GREAT Teams (Bama, Auburn, Arkansas, and South Carolina).

Beating up on nobodies doesn't make you a great team (everyone in the Top 10 is guilty of that). Only Alabama has a decent non-conference schedule out of those teams. You're not great when you skate by teams (Auburn vs. Mississippi State, Arkansas vs. Georgia) or lose (South Carolina) which is what the those 3 teams have done.

How? Sac St (2-3), Wake (2-3), UCLA (3-2), ND (2-3)... in other words, they have proved nothing by beating teams that have losing records. :roll: Again, not a quality win.

UCLA 3-2 is a losing record? Then undefeated Alabama must be god awful at 5-0. Same rule then applies to the SEC teams. They have beaten nobody (except for Alabama). Honestly, nobody has played a super tough game yet that there's a clear #1 (not even Alabama). Every team still has question marks. Come back in a few weeks and we'll know for sure who's worthy of #1 and #2.

[quote name='MasterSun1']See making excuses. 1 player doesn't make a team (unless your name is Denard Robinson)
[/QUOTE]

Linemen and Fullbacks are crucial in the success of running backs. Coffee post 116 yards against an amazing Florida defense the week prior when Smith was playing yet only posted 32 yards against Utah. Wilson never had to really throw throw all season and was forced to do that since the running game never took off. Might be an excuse but even you realize certain players make a team with your comment on Denard Robinson.

Majority of those SEC teams haven't played anyone that's actually considered a top team. Throw in the East Coast bias and that's why they're ranked.

East Coast bias.... :lol: You do realize who votes in all the polls... all coaches/analyst from across the WHOLE country. By your standards, no team is any good but Oregon and the WacPac-10. The reason why teams "skate" by in the SEC is because from top to bottom all the teams are pretty good.

Stephen Garcia, who fumbled away twice and choked the game away. Ryan Mallet who couldn't lead his team to victory and choked on a terrible throw away. Cam Newton is the only one that looks good, but again, Auburn has played no one.
Garcia was playing a big defense in Auburn. After the fumbles, Spurrior pulled him and all went to hell; hence Shaw's two interceptions. Mallet is number #2 in passing yards. Yes, he choked but he did it against the #1 team in the nation by rushing throws. Lastly, Auburn has played two good teams in South Carolina and Clemson. Newton isn't on the Heisman watch list for show.

UNC was missing a majority of their key players and West Virginia is overrated as well. Wins against them don't make up for struggling against a terrible Tennessee team. LSU will lose a couple more games soon.
All those key players were on defense. As for West Virginia overrated... they are the best team in their conference and played one of the best defenses, LSU, close... looking at the rest of their schedule expect them to cruise into the bowls. As for LSU, yes they should lose a game; they still have #14 Florida today, #8 Auburn, #1 Alabama, and #11 Arkansas left to play. But losing any game to one of those teams doesn't tell if LSU is terrible or not as the SEC is STACKED with talented teams.

This suggests that Alabama isn't as good as everyone makes them out to be. If Alabama continues to have more games like that against the rest of the SEC, Ohio State or Oregon will overtake them for #1. Style points matter.
As long as Ingram/Richardson continue to run all over the GREAT defenses of the SEC, they will stay on top. Even with 1 loss I don't see them falling much at all. Again, they would smack around Oregon or Ohio St. The reason why we dont have a playoff system has a lot to do with the fact that SEC teams would be running it.

Beating up on nobodies doesn't make you a great team (everyone in the Top 10 is guilty of that). Only Alabama has a decent non-conference schedule out of those teams. You're not great when you skate by teams (Auburn vs. Mississippi State, Arkansas vs. Georgia) or lose (South Carolina) which is what the those 3 teams have done.
Like stated prior by someone else, a win is a win. The SEC is strong thus teams will have losses by having to play each other; unlike the Pac-10 where only one/two schools are any good and the rest just flat out suck.

UCLA 3-2 is a losing record? Then undefeated Alabama must be god awful at 5-0. Same rule then applies to the SEC teams. They have beaten nobody (except for Alabama). Honestly, nobody has played a super tough game yet that there's a clear #1 (not even Alabama). Every team still has question marks. Come back in a few weeks and we'll know for sure who's worthy of #1 and #2.

UCLA will most likely end the season with a losing record. 3-2 yes is not a losing record but 3 of the 4 teams I listed were (IOW the Majority).

Alabama hands down is the best team in the country. Stop kidding yourself.
They finished last season Number 1, undefeated, after winning the Championship against Florida(... umm I forgot what loser team followed that got bitch slapped, Ohio St?). This year, they have taken down 3 ranked teams (Penn St, Arkansas, and Florida)... there can't be many teams that took down 2 ranked team so far, let alone 3 :roll:

*peaks in*
Top of the second, Garcia has picked apart Alabama defense 8 of 8 passing, Jeffery has 2 TDs, Lattimore has the other one, defense has a force fumble

[quote name='lordopus99']
As long as Ingram/Richardson continue to run all over the GREAT defenses of the SEC, they will stay on top. Even with 1 loss I don't see them falling much at all. Again, they would smack around Oregon or Ohio St. The reason why we dont have a playoff system has a lot to do with the fact that SEC teams would be running it.[/QUOTE]

Mmm...think it has more to do with the amount of money that can be had with bowl games and a lot less to do with the SEC or any other conference.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Mmm...think it has more to do with the amount of money that can be had with bowl games and a lot less to do with the SEC or any other conference.[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic. Yes, it has all to do with the money.

Awefully quiet in here.

I told my brother (an Alabama alum) not to sleep on South Carolina. I told him it was really their only true test until the end of the season; I mention to him this at the beginning of the season. Looks like I was right as it appears South Carolina will get the win.

Mastersum1, I would like to add about UCLA... You can add another loss to them as they just got spanked by Cal

[quote name='lordopus99']
Alabama hands down is the best team in the country. Stop kidding yourself.
They finished last season Number 1, undefeated, after winning the Championship against Florida(... umm I forgot what loser team followed that got bitch slapped, Ohio St?). This year, they have taken down 3 ranked teams (Penn St, Arkansas, and Florida)... there can't be many teams that took down 2 ranked team so far, let alone 3 :roll:[/QUOTE]

They hardly bitch slapped Texas last year. Anyways, they just got ass raped by some Cocks, Gamecocks that is. All your credibility just went out the window.

Ohio State will move to #1 and Oregon (if they win, not looking very good today so far) to #2.

[quote name='lordopus99']Awefully quiet in here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah 'cause the Tide just got cockslapped.

Mastersum1, I would like to add about UCLA... You can add another loss to them as they just got spanked by Cal

Yep, a decent Cal team that lost to a pretty good Nevada team. The game against Boise State should be a good one.

Nice to see WVU finally get the offense rolling, beating UNLV 49-10. Yeah, UNLV is awful, but that's the first time WVU has scored more than 35 in over two years (last time was 2008 season opener) after putting put big points routinely when Rodriguez was coach. And we've played plenty of awful teams the past 2+ years and struggled to score.

So hopefully that gets them rolling from here on out. No excuse for not running the table in the awful Big East.

bread's done
Back