Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

[quote name='dmaul1114']So hopefully that gets them rolling from here on out. No excuse for not running the table in the awful Big East.[/QUOTE]

Ahem, Memphis 0, Louisville 56*

*starters out at half time.

[quote name='MasterSun1']They hardly bitch slapped Texas last year. Anyways, they just got ass raped by some Cocks, Gamecocks that is. All your credibility just went out the window.

Ohio State will move to #1 and Oregon (if they win, not looking very good today so far) to #2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 37-21 is not a stomping... especially when you throw in the fact they took out McCoy and a couple other players in addition to 2 100+ RBs, 4 interceptions :roll:

As for South Carolina...
You called them a joke team, not me. And my credibility is in question :lol:

[quote name='lordopus99']Yeah, 37-21 is not a stomping... especially when you throw in the fact they took out McCoy and a couple other players in addition to 2 100+ RBs, 4 interceptions :roll:

As for South Carolina...
You called them a joke team, not me. And my credibility is in question :lol:[/QUOTE]

lol, I think his credibility isn't in question if he says South Carolina is a joke team and they beat Alabama.

as for Alabama taking out some players, you can say a lot of things for every team in any conference, but it doesn't change the fact they STILL LOST

mastersun sounds like munch with all the hate for Bama. It's true that teams usually don't look good after losses. That's the way life is.

Anyways USC deserved to win that game. They outplayed Alabama and took them out of their element. I never would have guessed that Alabama would have that few rushing yards.

[quote name='WarPSycho']lol, I think his credibility isn't in question if he says South Carolina is a joke team and they beat Alabama.

as for Alabama taking out some players, you can say a lot of things for every team in any conference, but it doesn't change the fact they STILL LOST[/QUOTE]

They took out the best team in the country and they are joke. You might be just as delusional as Mastersum1.

They might have lost but they will still be in the top 10 and still would beat Oregon or Ohio St if they ever would play them.

[quote name='lordopus99']They might have lost but they will still be in the top 10 and still would beat Oregon or Ohio St if they ever would play them.[/QUOTE]

Top 10 doesn't matter, only #1 and #2 at the end of the regular season. Alabama won't be there. Alabama against a good spread team (Good = Oregon, Bad = Florida) would lose badly (see: 2009 Sugar Bowl vs. Utah).

Alabama lost to a team that already has a loss (South Carolina). So deal with it.

Alabama fans:
simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

[quote name='lordopus99']They took out the best team in the country and they are joke. You might be just as delusional as Mastersum1.

They might have lost but they will still be in the top 10 and still would beat Oregon or Ohio St if they ever would play them.[/QUOTE]

LOL, if you still believe in ranks you buy too much into the BCS, BS

last time I checked , Alabama lost in the Sugar Bowl to Utah, and if you are that sure they would be Oregon and Ohio St, that easily, you are pretty delusional

I actually wanted Alabama to win this one, but I guess it doesn't hurt Auburn either way. I really wanted to see both teams (Auburn, Alabama) go undefeated into the Iron Bowl.

Of course Auburn still has to get LSU, Arkansas, and Georgia out of the way. Should still be a really interesting Iron Bowl this year.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Top 10 doesn't matter, only #1 and #2 at the end of the regular season. Alabama won't be there. Alabama against a good spread team (Good = Oregon, Bad = Florida) would lose badly (see: 2009 Sugar Bowl vs. Utah).

Alabama lost to a team that already has a loss (South Carolina). So deal with it.[/QUOTE]

Florida's spread is way better than Oregons. It's why they have won 2 national championships with it (Oregon has never been even close to winning one). It is why Tebow was a god to college football. Hence, his NFL jersey selling the most of all players and he is the 3rd string QB. This year it isn't working as great because Brantley is not an option QB; he is a straight up sit in the pocket guy.

South Carolina's loss was to the #8 team in the country and it was a close game. If Oregon wasn't scared, they would actually play someone of worth with their non-conference games... I guess they were scared since Boise St crushed their dreams last year.

[quote name='Warpsycho']last time I checked , Alabama lost in the Sugar Bowl to Utah, and if you are that sure they would be Oregon and Ohio St, that easily, you are pretty delusional [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply Mastersum's shadow. Last time I checked, they won a National Championship by being undefeated playing against great teams; Oregon on the other hand got their asses handed to them by Boise St and then was beat by the "overrated" Ohio St team.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WarPSycho']LOL, if you still believe in ranks you buy too much into the BCS, BS

last time I checked , Alabama lost in the Sugar Bowl to Utah, and if you are that sure they would be Oregon and Ohio St, that easily, you are pretty delusional[/QUOTE]
That was two years ago and a completely different team.
How does that make an argument that Alabama couldn't beat Oregon or Ohio State?

Using that logic, I would say that since Ohio State lost three straight years in a BCS game, they can't beat Oregon.(I know that Ohio State beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl last year)

[quote name='lordopus99']Florida's spread is way better than Oregons. It's why they have won 2 national championships with it (Oregon has never been even close to winning one). It is why Tebow was a god to college football. Hence, his NFL jersey selling the most of all players and he is the 3rd string QB. This year it isn't working as great because Brantley is not an option QB; he is a straight up sit in the pocket guy.

South Carolina's loss was to the #8 team in the country and it was a close game. If Oregon wasn't scared, they would actually play someone of worth with their non-conference games... I guess they were scared since Boise St crushed their dreams last year.

Thanks for the reply Mastersum's shadow. Last time I checked, they won a National Championship by being undefeated playing against great teams; Oregon on the other hand got their asses handed to them by Boise St and then was beat by the "overrated" Ohio St team.[/QUOTE]

Lol yes Alabama and the rest of the SEC are willing to play really "tough" non conference games
Duke is really tough, i'll admit Penn State is something, but not this year.
and I didnt know Miami and South Florida are superb teams.

and yes Alabama and SEC deserve all their credit, give me a break.

and just because my opinion aligns with matersum's doesn't mean we have the same opinion.

[quote name='scuba t']That was two years ago and a completely different team.
How does that make an argument that Alabama couldn't beat Oregon or Ohio State?

Using that logic, I would say that since Ohio State lost three straight years in a BCS game, they can't beat Oregon.(I know that Ohio State beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl last year)[/QUOTE]\

just using the other guys logic, just like you probably would

[quote name='lordopus99']It's official #9 Arizona lose to 2-2 3-2 Oregon St.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to gloss over the fact that 3-2 Oregon State's two losses were within 10 14 points to TCU and Boise State. Then you can complain that big teams don't schedule anybody and simultaneously reveal exactly why they don't.

EDIT: Apparently my statistics needed revising.

[quote name='WarPSycho']Lol yes Alabama and the rest of the SEC are willing to play really "tough" non conference games
Duke is really tough, i'll admit Penn State is something, but not this year.
and I didnt know Miami and South Florida are superb teams.
[/QUOTE]

First off, Miami doesn't play an SEC team this year. On another note... If Miami isn't a good team, then name some good teams.

[quote name='Magus8472']Feel free to gloss over the fact that 3-2 Oregon State's two losses were within 10 14 points to TCU and Boise State. Then you can complain that big teams don't schedule anybody and simultaneously reveal exactly why they don't.[/QUOTE]

Sorry! The loss to TCU was by 9 and the loss to Boise St was by 13... for a total of 22, not 14. Yes, their losses are to good teams but I just stated the result because I felt Arizona was overrated BIG time.

[quote name='lordopus99']First off, Miami doesn't play an SEC team this year. On another note... If Miami isn't a good team, then name some good teams.
[/QUOTE]

the one in Ohio, not Florida
not everything revolves around the South you know

[quote name='lordopus99']Florida's spread is way better than Oregons. It's why they have won 2 national championships with it (Oregon has never been even close to winning one). It is why Tebow was a god to college football. Hence, his NFL jersey selling the most of all players and he is the 3rd string QB. This year it isn't working as great because Brantley is not an option QB; he is a straight up sit in the pocket guy.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like excuses to me. Florida sucks THIS year. I don't care what they've done in the past. Losing to a crappy LSU team today proved that.

Oh yes, the #8 team who almost blew it against Kentucky today and only beat South Carolina because they were handed the game. Oregon scheduled Tennessee when they were SEC contenders, not their fault they suck (yet they pretty much beat LSU). Can't control it, but had to settle with Portland State because another team chickened out. Also, New Mexico was a good team when they scheduled them.

Thanks for the reply Mastersum's shadow. Last time I checked, they won a National Championship by being undefeated playing against great teams; Oregon on the other hand got their asses handed to them by Boise St and then was beat by the "overrated" Ohio St team.

In the past. Right now, Oregon and Ohio State are the top 2 teams and that's all that matters.

Fact is, rankings mean nothing at the beginning of the season except give teams unfair advantages to making the BCS title game. Any team that is upset by a lower ranked team or unranked team is considered overrated and not deserving of their ranking. This group now includes Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, Arizona, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Miami Stanford.

All that matters is who is unbeaten and at the top and playing well: OSU, Oregon, Oklahoma, Nebraska, TCU, BSU. So Alabama and the rest of the SEC can take notice that college football doesn't revolve around them.

[quote name='lordopus99']Sorry! The loss to TCU was by 9 and the loss to Boise St was by 13... for a total of 22, not 14. Yes, their losses are to good teams but I just stated the result because I felt Arizona was overrated BIG time.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, though I meant each game was within 14, not both together. But yeah, Arizona's ranking/hype was based entirely off that Iowa game.

[quote name='MasterSun1']
All that matters is who is unbeaten and at the top and playing well: OSU, Oregon, Oklahoma, Nebraska, TCU, BSU. [/QUOTE]

Utah is unbeaten and playing well. They should end up moving up to #8 (assuming Auburn falls a spot) and still have to play TCU.

Also, New Mexico has never really been a good team. They were 1-11 last year, and 4-8 in 2008. Currently they are 0-6. They had a decent year in 2007, but did Oregon really expect them to have the same players 3 years later?

[quote name='warpsycho']the one in Ohio, not Florida
not everything revolves around the South you know[/QUOTE]

The context in which you stated. Your comment was directed at "weak" non-conference schedule of the SEC. I just stated the fact that Miami did not play any team from the SEC. Again, do you even have any idea about any team on the East coast and who they play...

[quote name='MasterSun1']Sounds like excuses to me. Florida sucks THIS year. I don't care what they've done in the past. Losing to a crappy LSU team today proved that.
[/QUOTE]
What did you expect... They lost their god, Tebow (his words are on a plaque at the stadium; no other player has that), they lost their center, lead WR, TE (who starts for NE), half of the defense... in other words, every impact player went bye bye. Florida's spread offense needs an Option QB, which I have already stated John Brantley is not. Brantley in high school was a sit back in the pocket QB, who had a great arm and great vision to throw accurate and deep passes... a spread offense does not play that way. At a certain point... my guess sometime next year, Trey Burton will come into his own and take on that role (he is doing a little of that now). Again, these are young guys.

As for LSU, who really says they are a "crappy" team... each week they win and are undefeated playing better talent than Oregon is... :roll:
UNC > Tennessee
West Virginia > Portland St (are they even D1?!?)

Oh yes, the #8 team who almost blew it against Kentucky today and only beat South Carolina because they were handed the game. Oregon scheduled Tennessee when they were SEC contenders, not their fault they suck (yet they pretty much beat LSU). Can't control it, but had to settle with Portland State because another team chickened out. Also, New Mexico was a good team when they scheduled them.
*cough*excuses.
Again, a win is a win. If Oregon would actually play ANYONE of any WORTH, then I would be fine saying they are the best team in the land... but they haven't. Their schedule is the one who is the biggest joke.
Tennessee is 2-4
New Mexico is 0-6
Portland St is 2-3
Arizona St is 3-3
Washington St is 1-5
I wouldn't be surprised if this bites them in the ass at the end of the season when an undefeated Nebraska/Oklahoma and an undefeated TCU/Utah leap frogs them in the BCS. Heck, Auburn could too, especially if they knock off undefeated LSU and #11 Arkansas in the next two weeks.

In the past. Right now, Oregon and Ohio State are the top 2 teams and that's all that matters.

You brought up the past, so I brought up the past. Most likely Ohio St and Oregon will be #1 and #2, respectively. But how long will that last...

If the Pac10 and the Big10 ever want to be taken seriously, they would set up a conference championship game. Until then, their teams to me are mostly jokes.

Last Fact...
The last 4 BCS Champions were all from the SEC. :lol:

LSU isn't a crappy team. They just have a crappy offense and don't have a decent QB. They have a great defense though, which helps make up for that.

[quote name='lordopus99']As for LSU, who really says they are a "crappy" team... each week they win and are undefeated playing better talent than Oregon is... :roll:
UNC > Tennessee > West Virginia > Portland St (are they even D1?!?)[/QUOTE]

You're right, LSU isn't terrible. Though I'm confused as to how Tennessee is simultaneously "better talent" in this paragraph and another in a long line of cupcakes three sentences from now. In any event, LSU beat Tennessee by 2 at home and would have lost but for two extra defensive backs, whereas Oregon beat them by 35 on the road.

And yeah, Portland State is an FCS team, though Oregon only scheduled them because the team they were set to play (Central Michigan, admittedly not a titan of the FBS this year) backed out a few months ago.

[quote name='lordopus99']*cough*excuses. Again, a win is a win. If Oregon would actually play ANYONE of any WORTH, then I would be fine saying they are the best team in the land... but they haven't. Their schedule is the one who is the biggest joke.
Tennessee is 2-4
New Mexico is 0-6
Portland St is 2-3
Arizona St is 3-3
Washington St is 1-5
I wouldn't be surprised if this bites them in the ass at the end of the season when an undefeated Nebraska/Oklahoma and an undefeated TCU/Utah leap frogs them in the BCS. Heck, Auburn could too, especially if they knock off undefeated LSU and #11 Arkansas in the next two weeks.[/QUOTE]

Stanford is 5-1 and not as bad as you think they are. Besides, without defending Oregon's scheduling, the simple fact of it is that the BCS does not penalize a team for playing a soft out of conference schedule; it, in fact, rewards them for doing so. Just look at who Florida and Alabama played last year: outside Bama's big season opener against VT, you'll see the likes of FIU, North Texas (FCS), Charleston Southern (FCS) and Chattanooga (FCS). The BCS will consistently rank as best the team that starts highest and wins least; strength of schedule is a tiebreaker and a dim one at that. If such weren't the case you'd probably see more teams play an out of conference schedule like Oregon State's. However, they won't, because they'll risk losing a game early and being written off as "terrible," which will do way more to hurt you in the BCS than having your computer rankings dulled by a few easy early opponents everyone forgets about by the end of the season.

[quote name='lordopus99']If the Pac10 and the Big10 ever want to be taken seriously, they would set up a conference championship game. Until then, their teams to me are mostly jokes.[/QUOTE]

Lucky for you, then. They'll both have one next year. (Or, at least, soon.)

I think North Texas is in the Sun Belt Conference which is FBS. I'm not saying the conference or team is a powerhouse. I'm just making a correction.

[quote name='lordopus99']The context in which you stated. Your comment was directed at "weak" non-conference schedule of the SEC. I just stated the fact that Miami did not play any team from the SEC. Again, do you even have any idea about any team on the East coast and who they play :[/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/57/florida-gators

unless you're saying that Florida isn't part of the SEC

There are two schools called Miami if you didn't know that

Alabama should have dropped further down

[quote name='WarPSycho']http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/57/florida-gators

unless you're saying that Florida isn't part of the SEC

There are two schools called Miami if you didn't know that

Alabama should have dropped further down[/QUOTE]

There is only one Miami. The other one is known as Miami (OH); for future reference. After looking back, I misread your original followup. My bad.

As for Alabama, they fell where I expected they would.

[quote name='Magus8472']Lucky for you, then. They'll both have one next year. (Or, at least, soon.)[/QUOTE]
And the Big Ten will be killing the biggest rivalry in the NCAA because of it, so I'd prefer not having one at all instead.

[quote name='lordopus99']
As for LSU, who really says they are a "crappy" team... each week they win and are undefeated playing better talent than Oregon is... :roll:
UNC > Tennessee
West Virginia > Portland St (are they even D1?!?) [/QUOTE]

Yes, an LSU team that was lucky to beat a Tennessee team that Oregon destroyed.

*cough*excuses.
Again, a win is a win. If Oregon would actually play ANYONE of any WORTH, then I would be fine saying they are the best team in the land... but they haven't. Their schedule is the one who is the biggest joke.
Tennessee is 2-4
New Mexico is 0-6
Portland St is 2-3
Arizona St is 3-3
Washington St is 1-5
I wouldn't be surprised if this bites them in the ass at the end of the season when an undefeated Nebraska/Oklahoma and an undefeated TCU/Utah leap frogs them in the BCS. Heck, Auburn could too, especially if they knock off undefeated LSU and #11 Arkansas in the next two weeks.

Nice of you to leave off Stanford. Washington State is better than most of the cupcakes the SEC "powerhouses" play. Arizona State had Wisconsin but killed themselves with stupid plays. Nebraska and Oklahoma looked good, but Pac 10 > Big 12 this year. Based on resume, Oklahoma deserves to be #1 right now as their SOS has been the best.

If the Pac10 and the Big10 ever want to be taken seriously, they would set up a conference championship game. Until then, their teams to me are mostly jokes.

Conference title games are a joke. Any conference that doesn't allow all their teams to play each other is a joke. Ohio State and Michigan State may end up as co-conference champions and never play each other. Pac-10 Champ is a true champion unlike all the other conferences. Much more difficult path (besides SEC) than any other conference.

Unfortunately, it'll be "fixed" next year. I can't imagine Oregon play the Beavers during the end of the season, and then potentially meeting them again the next week in a title game. Lame.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Oh yes, the #8 team who almost blew it against Kentucky today and only beat South Carolina because they were handed the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm obviously a little biased here, but that was actually a pretty evenly matched game. South Carolina scored off two Auburn turnovers, and Auburn did likewise.

That's not to say there's not more work to be down. Obviously issues against Kentucky, and still have Arkansas, LSU, Georgia and Alabama left to play. Still a tough schedule ahead.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Nice of you to leave off Stanford.[/QUOTE]
I'm still not convince that Stanford is as good as people make them out to be. They were lucky to escape USC this past weekend. But yes, if you want to toot your horn, they did beat them.

Washington State is better than most of the cupcakes the SEC "powerhouses" play.
:lol: :rofl: that's why they got beat by Southern Methodist and barely escaped the FCS "powerhouse" Montana St... :rofl: And you want to be taken seriously... keep praying :pray:

Speaking of the game, your offense went stagnant once Thomas went down with a shoulder injury and Barner went out on a cart (man was that a hit). Hope that doesn't affect you in the next two games. Lucky for you that your break came now.

Arizona State had Wisconsin but killed themselves with stupid plays.
A win is still a win. There are plenty of teams that take big teams to the house only to fail. It doesn't make them good. As for Wisconsin, who knows how good they really are as the only competitor they have faced so far beat them (Mich St); granted they have Ohio St and Iowa next so let them prove themselves.

Conference title games are a joke. Any conference that doesn't allow all their teams to play each other is a joke. Ohio State and Michigan State may end up as co-conference champions and never play each other. Pac-10 Champ is a true champion unlike all the other conferences. Much more difficult path (besides SEC) than any other conference.

Unfortunately, it'll be "fixed" next year. I can't imagine Oregon play the Beavers during the end of the season, and then potentially meeting them again the next week in a title game. Lame.

It's such a joke that you have co-champions in 2007, 2006, 2002, and 3 teams sharing 2000 (just listing the ones in the new millennium).

Conference title games make sure that the best team in the conference is considered the champion. The fact that Utah and Colorado joins your conference in 2011, you wont have enough room in the schedule to continue to play every team. If a team like Oregon is truly the champ, they shouldn't have a problem beating the same team again (if it arises). But in all reality, you are probably just concerned that a championship game means an additional game to be played where "my" team can trip up.

[quote name='lordopus99']Speaking of the game, your offense went stagnant once Thomas went down with a shoulder injury and Barner went out on a cart (man was that a hit). Hope that doesn't affect you in the next two games. Lucky for you that your break came now.[.QUOTE]

Clearly you didn't watch the game. Our backup (who's better than most of the starting QBs in the SEC) was 13/15 for 151 yards and 1 TD and rushed for 84 yards and a TD.

It's such a joke that you have co-champions in 2007, 2006, 2002, and 3 teams sharing 2000 (just listing the ones in the new millennium).

That shows the depth of the Pac-10. The earlier years of co-champions was due to only playing 8 conference games. Not by our choice.

Conference title games make sure that the best team in the conference is considered the champion. The fact that Utah and Colorado joins your conference in 2011, you wont have enough room in the schedule to continue to play every team. If a team like Oregon is truly the champ, they shouldn't have a problem beating the same team again (if it arises). But in all reality, you are probably just concerned that a championship game means an additional game to be played where "my" team can trip up.

Nice of you to make assumptions about what I'm concerned with. Nobody wants to see the same game 2 weeks in a row. You still didn't address that Pac-10 is the only BCS conference that crowns a true champion (a joke that a 2-loss LSU team won the national title a few years back, though them crushing OSU was fantastic).

[quote name='MasterSun1']
Nice of you to make assumptions about what I'm concerned with. Nobody wants to see the same game 2 weeks in a row. You still didn't address that Pac-10 is the only BCS conference that crowns a true champion (a joke that a 2-loss LSU team won the national title a few years back, though them crushing OSU was fantastic).[/QUOTE]

When has Oregon State really been in the pac-10 title hunt? :roll: For the past few years, I thought it was only USC, Cal, and Oregon that actually did anything in the conference.

Having co-champions doesn't crown a "true" champion since there are multiple. The SEC, ACC, Big 12, etc crown true champions as there is only one since all conferences created a title game.

What does LSU have anything to do with this discussion?

[quote name='lordopus99']When has Oregon State really been in the pac-10 title hunt? :roll: For the past few years, I thought it was only USC, Cal, and Oregon that actually did anything in the conference.[/QUOTE]

Oregon State was 1 win away (needed to beat Oregon) from the Rose Bowl the last 2 years, but I don't expect you to know that since you hate the Pac-10.

Having co-champions doesn't crown a "true" champion since there are multiple. The SEC, ACC, Big 12, etc crown true champions as there is only one since all conferences created a title game.

True champion? You don't even play all the teams in your conference. How can you say you're a true champion when you can't even prove it on the field?

[quote name='MasterSun1']True champion? You don't even play all the teams in your conference. How can you say you're a true champion when you can't even prove it on the field?[/QUOTE]

The best team from each side of the division face each other. There is nothing confusing about it. No need for a team to have to beat up Washington St's of the world. Beating up those teams doesn't prove anything.

Is Oregon the next #1? Or does anyone see Boise or TCU taking over the top spot?

Nice to see Nebraska and SC lose today. More surprised by UK beating SC, then Texas over Nebraska.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Bilal Powell for heisman![/QUOTE]

I had to google his name... no offense. Speaking of Heisman... Cam Newton... 189 rush yards, 3 TDs, 138 in the air.

Ohio St... downed.
Nebraska... downed.
SC... downed... Kentucky, come on guys
Will Oregon be next ;)

My favorite moment though goes to Florida who gets beat for the third straight week by Miss St in the SWAMP. :lol: Now, will the polls finally see what I saw to begin the season...

Here is to the hope that TCU and Boise St bust the BCS! :)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']If Boise St. and TCU getting a title shot is what it takes for the BCS to die I am all for it.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, the BCS will make damn sure that 1- or even 2-loss traditional power schools make the national title game ahead of someone like Boise State or TCU

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Don't worry, the BCS will make damn sure that 1- or even 2-loss traditional power schools make the national title game ahead of someone like Boise State or TCU[/QUOTE]

And that's very unfortunate. Boise will likely deserve it, if Virginia Tech wins ACC and Oregon St plays solid. Not to mention if they demolish an undefeated Nevada in a few weeks.

If a 2 loss team gets the shot over an undefeated Boise and TCU, the BCS needs busted. They should just fix it when all the realignment occurs. Big 12...I mean big 10 and Pac 12...I mean 10 will have title games.

Nevada lost to Hawaii yesterday, so they're no longer unbeaten. But yes, Boise and/or TCU deserve it if they're the only unbeatens.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Nevada lost to Hawaii yesterday, so they're no longer unbeaten. But yes, Boise and/or TCU deserve it if they're the only unbeatens.[/QUOTE]

Damn, forgot about that game. And just saw that Oregon St lost the game in double OT. Well, if Boise goes undefeated and is jumped by a 2 loss BCS conference team, the BCS should be destroyed.

I'd love to see either of those teams in the title game. If both made it, that would be insane for the BCS.

Should be some good controversy either way.

Either or both of them make it, the BCS auto bid leagues will be more compelled to give into a playoff.

If either or both of them are unbeaten and get jumped by 1 or 2 loss teams, they'll be able to raise hell, Congress will get involved etc.

So hopefully they both win out and cause some controversy and get us closer to a playoff and turning college football into a real sport.

bread's done
Back