Official 2015 CAG Fantasy Football Advice Thread

In a bit of a bind at RB.  Started the year off thinking I was in good shape but things haven't turned out that way. 

10 team PPR

Have:

C.J. Anderson

Chris Ivory Q

Lamar Miller Q

Tevin Coleman D

Ronnie Hillman

Tre Mason

Trying to pick up Matt Jones or Dion Lewis off waivers but I'm 6th, thinking I won't get either although a few of the guys ahead of me are not too active on the wire.  Thinking I may put in a waiver for Karlos Williams also just in case.  Using Tre Mason as the drop in all the requests.  Anyone else have a suggestion on a pickup?

Edit:

Somehow I was able to pick up Matt Jones, one of the people in front of me got Lewis.  Should I consider dropping Coleman for Karlos Williams?  Coleman may have lost his chance at the feature back role with his injury and Williams looks effective even with McCoy starting.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a bit of a bind at RB. Started the year off thinking I was in good shape but things haven't turned out that way.

10 team PPR

Have:

C.J. Anderson

Chris Ivory Q

Lamar Miller Q

Tevin Coleman D

Ronnie Hillman

Tre Mason

Trying to pick up Matt Jones or Dion Lewis off waivers but I'm 6th, thinking I won't get either although a few of the guys ahead of me are not too active on the wire. Thinking I may put in a waiver for Karlos Williams also just in case. Using Tre Mason as the drop in all the requests. Anyone else have a suggestion on a pickup?

Edit:

Somehow I was able to pick up Matt Jones, one of the people in front of me got Lewis. Should I consider dropping Coleman for Karlos Williams? Coleman may have lost his chance at the feature back role with his injury and Williams looks effective even with McCoy starting.
NO DO NOT DROP COLEMAN. Same boat as you, just use Hillman and Jones this week. Broncos should run a lot with Hillman getting the better carries. If you need a third go CJ. Lions have been getting gashed on the run this season, and Broncos are still trying to force the run.

Averaging 210? How's your scoring? Cause either we all suck in my league or that is seems seriously high with a 0 scorer in the mix. A quick check shows no one breaking 150 in my league yet (1 ppr). I came close at 149 the first week and if you look at my bitching last week I thought I had more for a while but no where near 210 ( fuck ing Fantasycast) Would have been 173.

Don't get me wrong I am hoping to push that later with a fully healthy roster but damn that seems like a lotta points.

Disclaimer: All of this is said from the perspective of a first year player. I do my research on players and watch too many games but I am still learning details like why someone who is #1 in their division but has a lower overall ranking has than a #2 in another division has a lower priority on the waiver wire but someone with a #2 in the original division but has a lower overall ranking than a number #3 in the other division has a higher priority.

Seems like they should both be higher or lower either based on seed or overall ranking or something. There must be something I am missing. I just don't get why they are separate cases.
We play in a different format that a friend invented... lots more points are scored. PPR with both receptions and rushes count, as well as QB completions. Then we lose points for QB incompletions. So more accurate your QB the more points he gets.

Have Brady so you know how that goes, he has 51 and 52 points in the first two weeks. that has helped. Not to mention I also had Deangelo Williams. Who scored 40 and 39 respectively.

Damn my opponent for the week's receivers scare the shit out of me. Brown, Johnson, Cobb.

Debating between Gore who finally seems to have a matchup worth playing him for or Freeman who should see a lot more work. Leaning towards Freeman as Gore is definitely in more of a timeshare than I imagined.

Should I risk Ivory's gametime decision, or use a pitiful Andre johnson, or limping Jordan Cameron???

Ugh, I wound up dropping Freeman for David Johnson who I figure has longer upside and then Ben has to go and get hurt. Of course, he puts up 42 points. Since Marshawn was listed as full participant, I figured fine start him and of course he pulls a hamstring. Ugh. And I already had to drop Johnson before the second set of games to pick up Tyrod.

Up 24 points but my opponent still has Cobb and Kelce to play. Not looking good.

I got absolutely smoked in 3 of my 4 leagues this week...rough. One guy I played against had Smith, Fitz, and the Cardinals D. No coming back against that.

My matchup may end up not mattering thanks to a good lead going into tonight, but I have both Lacy and Starks. With Lacy being upgraded to Probable yesterday, is it safe to start him, or is it more likely for Starks to get the bulk of the work? Leaning the latter currently.

I need a RB badly. Which should be the higher waiver priority: Karlos Williams, Thomas Rawls, Alfred Blue or Fred Jackson?

I have Tyrod on my bench and by the time Ben gets back it will almost be time for his bye again. Should I just drop him to free up a valuable bench slot? We get 5.

Going against the number 1 guy this week. He has a stacked team

Taylor, Cobb, Evans, J. Jones (GB), Forte, Foster (Hope he isnt back), Olsen, and Miller

I've got Ryan, J Mathhews, Moncrief, L. Murray, Woodhead, TJ Yeldon, Jeffery

D. Martin, Decker and Morris are warming my bench. I might go with Maclin over Jeffery if Jeffery is still banged up with his hammy. I don't trust Clausen

Still I'm 2-1 in this league and Im off to a better start this year. After this I go back to playing the bottom 1/2 of the league so I should win

Two resources I check weekly

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/56683/478/the-worksheet-week-4

http://www.borischen.co/2015/09/week-2-fantasy-football-tiers.html

(The 2nd one has actually been pretty helpful, Ive used it to figure out my RB situation since Yahoo is kinda vague sometimes on who they recommend starting) 

Pretty much letting my 3-0 start go this weekend.  Have too many injured players, and 3 starters on byes.  The injured players include Coleman, Dez, and my ace in the hole suspended Martavius Bryant.  Had to drop someone to cover one of my bys and choose coleman... hope with Freeman blowing out that I don't regret it.

Starting lineup this week.

Flacco

Abdullah

Matthews

Harvin

Evans

Maxx Williams

Lamar Miller

Ronnie Hillman

Haushka

Broncos D

Bench

Brady - Bye

Blount - Bye

Gronkowski - Bye

Dez-Injured

Martavius - Suspended

So I'm really torn on this one...

Andy Dalton against Kansas City or an injured Andrew Luck, who may or may not play, against Jacksonville.

Some advice would be appreciated.

So I'm really torn on this one...

Andy Dalton against Kansas City or an injured Andrew Luck, who may or may not play, against Jacksonville.

Some advice would be appreciated.
I'm in the same boat. I'm leaning toward Dalton because that Chiefs secondary looked so bad against the Pack, and I don't think they got any healthier this week. I know the Chiefs have some good pass rushers, but I think Dalton's only been sacked a couple times.

Plus, I picked up Marvin Jones off waivers, so I'll try for that sweet double-dip.

I have a dilemma this week, I have Brady on bye and he's my only QB.  I either need to drop someone to pick up a QB or ride it out without one this week.  Who should I ditch?

I'm 2-1, projections show he will win by 24 without a QB in the lineup. 

10 team PPR.

QB   Brady (bye)

RB   C.J. Anderson

RB   Ivory

WR   D. Thomas

WR   J. Jones

TE   E. Ebron

FLEX  J. Matthews

DEF.  Bills

K       Hauschka

BE   RB L. Miller

BE   WR Maclin

BE   RB T. Coleman

BE   RB R. Hillman

BE   WR M. Bryant

BE   RB M. Jones

BE   WR R. Matthews

I have a dilemma this week, I have Brady on bye and he's my only QB. I either need to drop someone to pick up a QB or ride it out without one this week. Who should I ditch?

I'm 2-1, projections show he will win by 24 without a QB in the lineup.

10 team PPR.

QB Brady (bye)

RB C.J. Anderson

RB Ivory

WR D. Thomas

WR J. Jones

TE E. Ebron

FLEX J. Matthews

DEF. Bills

K Hauschka

BE RB L. Miller

BE WR Maclin

BE RB T. Coleman

BE RB R. Hillman

BE WR M. Bryant

BE RB M. Jones

BE WR R. Matthews
Hillman or Coleman

I was thinking Coleman but my RBs have been killing me so far.  Hate to drop someone that could potentially be a starter in the future though I think Freeman is going to make it difficult for Coleman to be a full time starter with how he's playing.

I'm going to look into trading a few WR for a decent, steady RB.

I was thinking Coleman but my RBs have been killing me so far. Hate to drop someone that could potentially be a starter in the future though I think Freeman is going to make it difficult for Coleman to be a full time starter with how he's playing.

I'm going to look into trading a few WR for a decent, steady RB.
Yea, don't risk throwing away that 20 or so points this week. Drop Coleman, and I bet you'll even be able to pick him back up next week if you really want to.

So, um, Giants defense really needs to have it's usual fourth quarter collapse if I am to have any chance this week.

Edit: After today and all the missed FG across the league, I am incredibly grateful not only for my kicker but my opponent this week. Tucker outscored all but two of my active players and all but two of his active players. And I was facing one of the better players in my league according to rankings. I go into Monday night up 12 and he has the Seattle kicker left.

I might pull this one off which is something I did not foresee, particularly with Julio only scoring me 7 points.

Plus my Colts pulled it out in OT without Luck due to a poor kicker. Maybe they still had a little luck after all...

Wow. Had there been ten more seconds on the clock I would have lost my match. Won by one. All he needed was an extra point or fg.

Here's a question.

RB/WR/Flex

Im thinking about benching L Murray against Den. I know he'll get the touches but the Defense may make his life rough. This means my Flex spot is open. Jeffery is returning from his Injury and with Cutler back it could be a good game against KC, should I start Jeffery at flex? I could also start him at WR which means benching Macling/J Matthews/Montecreif.

My other two RBs are Yeldon/Woodhead. D Martin is also hanging out on the bench

I have a question. I'm in a standard league with 1 QB and have the following QBs: Drew Brees, Tyrod Taylor, and Marcus Mariota. Should I drop Tyrod Taylor or Marcus Mariota?

Here's a question.

RB/WR/Flex

Im thinking about benching L Murray against Den. I know he'll get the touches but the Defense may make his life rough. This means my Flex spot is open. Jeffery is returning from his Injury and with Cutler back it could be a good game against KC, should I start Jeffery at flex? I could also start him at WR which means benching Macling/J Matthews/Montecreif.

My other two RBs are Yeldon/Woodhead. D Martin is also hanging out on the bench
After last week, and the way the Bucs play I would be starting Martin 100%

I have a question. I'm in a standard league with 1 QB and have the following QBs: Drew Brees, Tyrod Taylor, and Marcus Mariota. Should I drop Tyrod Taylor or Marcus Mariota?
With Brees, I would say there is no need for other qb's until your bye week, and then you can pick someone up. For instance I have Brady, picked up Flacco for the bye, and just dropped him to ride brady to the end. when you have a top QB there is no need to keep multiple.

Woodhead may benefit from Gates being back. If it's ppr I would say go with him. I never know how "back" is back the first week with receivers. Non ppr well the bucs probably won't be playing from behind as much this week. Martin.

Tyrod seems to be consistently better and definitely would be if he would stop having touchdowns called back for penalties. Two last game! One of which was just blatantly stupid to do, dirty as hell, and didn't make a difference on the play.

I fear all the wear and tear Lynch has had over the years so I traded him for Ivory. Hope it pans out. I think the recent injuries are a sign and we know he has back problems already.

Woodhead may benefit from Gates being back. If it's ppr I would say go with him. I never know how "back" is back the first week with receivers. Non ppr well the bucs probably won't be playing from behind as much this week. Martin.

Tyrod seems to be consistently better and definitely would be if he would stop having touchdowns called back for penalties. Two last game! One of which was just blatantly stupid to do, dirty as hell, and didn't make a difference on the play.

I fear all the wear and tear Lynch has had over the years so I traded him for Ivory. Hope it pans out. I think the recent injuries are a sign and we know he has back problems already.
Latavius is going to the bench. Probably start D. Martin over him

Here is interesting week to week data.

http://www.borischen.co/2014/10/weekly-ppr-rb-tiers.html

A guy in my none PPR league offered me Brandon Marshall and any choice of his RB for Julio Jones

Jeffery is my other WR and on the bench is Garcon and Ginn Jr. RB wise I have Charles, Ellington, Yeldon and Martin

His RBs are Hyde, CJ Anderson, Abdullah, Woodhead and Blount . I could have asked for Steve Smith if he was healthy. But honestly what is offering me sucks in my opinion 

I just picked up Aiken.

Just had a guy in a 10 team PPR drop Alshon Jeffery.......unfortunately I have waiver priority #9.

Just accepted a trade in that same league sending Jordan Matthews for Jason Witten.  I have Eric Ebron who is injured and have plenty of decent options at WR.

Demaryius Thomas, Jeremy Maclin, James Jones, Martavis Bryant, Rishard Matthews.

Just had a guy in a 10 team PPR drop Alshon Jeffery.......unfortunately I have waiver priority #9.

Just accepted a trade in that same league sending Jordan Matthews for Jason Witten. I have Eric Ebron who is injured and have plenty of decent options at WR.

Demaryius Thomas, Jeremy Maclin, James Jones, Martavis Bryant, Rishard Matthews.
I am in a precarious position this week with injuries and byes as a far as available players go.

Yea, Benched Andre johnson would have looked nice in my lineup right now, right beside deandre Hopkins 11 catches...it makes it worse that I have sims, mcfadden, and crowell all in my lineup instead. I Was screwed this week on RBs with AP and ivory both on bye

So now that the trade is finalized and done with, I am curious as to the reactions of others. I traded Lynch for Ivory. Would have gotten opinions before but it's a CAG league that one went down in.

Ppr. I currently have Abdullah, Gore, Gurley, Williams, and now Ivory in my backfield.

I fear the wear and tear Lynch has had over the years.

(Say that last sentence out loud. It's fun)

So now that the trade is finalized and done with, I am curious as to the reactions of others. I traded Lynch for Ivory. Would have gotten opinions before but it's a CAG league that one went down in.

Ppr. I currently have Abdullah, Gore, Gurley, Williams, and now Ivory in my backfield.

I fear the wear and tear Lynch has had over the years.

(Say that last sentence out loud. It's fun)
I think that'll work out fine. I've got Ivory, and think he'll have a beast year. He sat out a week and is still the AFC rushing leader as far as yards right now. When he sat, Powell or anybody didn't do anything, so Ivory will be the guy all season. No running back committee for them this year most likely. They just need to get him in the end zone more.

Well if the 2nd place team, who is currently trailing by 6, loses this week I will hop ahead to 1st. Technically there's the league leader ahead too that has to fall but he's pretty much mathematically eliminated this week at this point barring something really incredible. I should edge him in total points to take the lead.

Crap should have traded Charles he might be done for the season. I didn't start D Martin or Bradford and that killed me

In a rough spot for Flex/WR this week.

I made wavier claims for West, Barnidge, and Harris (Giants WR3). If I get any of those I will start them at Flex. It sounds like Jeffery will be out again which leaves me with Maclin, Matthews, and Moncrief at WR. Should I swap Decker for any of those maybe Monncrief? 

In a rough spot for Flex/WR this week.

I made wavier claims for West, Barnidge, and Harris (Giants WR3). If I get any of those I will start them at Flex. It sounds like Jeffery will be out again which leaves me with Maclin, Matthews, and Moncrief at WR. Should I swap Decker for any of those maybe Monncrief?
Harris shouldn't be worth the "waiver" claim. Depends on who is at RB & TE.

Harris shouldn't be worth the "waiver" claim. Depends on who is at RB & TE.
Good point. Starting RBs for this week are Yeldon/Woodhead. Not starting Morris....

Thinking of dropping Morris in the next week or so as he doesnt have any value on my team and is just taking up a roster spot

Good point. Starting RBs for this week are Yeldon/Woodhead. Not starting Morris....

Thinking of dropping Morris in the next week or so as he doesnt have any value on my team and is just taking up a roster spot
I'm a Redskins fan and I'm just going to say that the backfield is going to be a headache for fantasy purposes. Drop Morris and take a chance at West. Barnidge I'd take priority over West depending who you have at TE.

What is your opinions on Tevin Coleman? With Freeman doing well, do we expect a 50/50 split with carries once Coleman is 100% or is Freeman the bell cow until further notice. Trying to decide if I should cut ties with Coleman at this point.

What is your opinions on Tevin Coleman? With Freeman doing well, do we expect a 50/50 split with carries once Coleman is 100% or is Freeman the bell cow until further notice. Trying to decide if I should cut ties with Coleman at this point.
The latter. Try to work a deal with Freeman owner for other assets.

I'm a Redskins fan and I'm just going to say that the backfield is going to be a headache for fantasy purposes. Drop Morris and take a chance at West. Barnidge I'd take priority over West depending who you have at TE.
Well I got Barnidge. I also have Gronk. Didnt think I was going to get him. Anyways I'll use him as trade fodder. I was thinking Barnidge at Flex this week over Decker?

But also according to data here http://www.borischen.co/2014/10/weekly-ppr-wr-tiers.html

Ashlon/Decker/Moncrief are ranked on the same tier this week for WR. I doubt Jeffery will play this week..so its a toss up between the 3

Was able to get West off waivers. Noticed someone in my league was offering up Ingram for a WR. What you guys think of Jordan Matthews for Ingram?
My RB right now are West, yeldon and cj Anderson.
WR are Julio Jones, Michael crabtree, and Smith sr.

bread's done
Back