Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

disillusion386

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
Trade in Games and Get an Extra $30 Toward Your Next Video Games Purchase (EXPIRES 08/31/09)
Submit a video game trade-in order with a total value of $60 or more in our Video Games Trade-In store before August 31, 2009 and in addition to your Amazon.com Gift Card, you'll receive an extra $30 credit to use toward a video game or accessory purchase in the Video Games store. Limit one discount per qualifying order.
Details:
-To qualify for the $30 credit, you must create a trade-in order during the promotion period (July 19, 2009 - August 31, 2009). Items must be postmarked no later than September 7, 2009 to qualify.
-In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received.
-Coupon code applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com in the Amazon.com Video Games store.
-Trade-in submissions not accepted and returned to you do not qualify for the promotion. Your trade-in submission could be returned to you if the items are damaged or non-working, incorrect items are included in your package, or accessories such as artwork or manuals are missing. Any submission postmarked later than 7 days after a mailing label is printed will be returned to you automatically. You should receive returned games within 14 days of receipt via the U.S. Postal Service.
-Qualifying customers will be emailed their coupon code within 10 days after their trade-in has been accepted.
-Coupon valid for all video game products sold by Amazon.com in the Video Games store.
-Coupon code applies only to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com Web site. Does not apply to any products purchased in Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp, or in Marketplace.
-Coupon code applies to the lowest priced qualifying item.
-Coupon code valid on purchases ordered before 12/31/09.
-Applies only to complete orders shipping to a single address that meet all other promotional requirements.
-No substitutions or rain checks.
-Offer must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart. Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
-Tax, shipping, and handling charges may apply to all products.
-Offer may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
-Void where prohibited.
-Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order.

Trade-In(s) of the Day
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - $16.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All - $13.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - $13.00

If you have not used the previous trade-in deal coupon (50% off on a game or accessory), here is a list of big-ticket items that qualify (thanks to Japakneez):

[quote name='Japakneez']**UPDATED 7/26/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Tony Hawk Ride Bundle
$120 DJ Hero with Turntable
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$200 Band Hero Superbundle
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest USPS Post Office and mail it by (one week from submission of trade).

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

If you are concerned about the reliability of Media Mail, you may send the games yourself and pay for postage. The address to send the games is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson MA 01749

FAQ

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
USPS Media Mail

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
Yes. If you’re worried about your package, definitely take advantage of these shipping options. You’ll just have to pay a little extra to ship your games. NOTE: There have been cases where the post office doesn’t allow adding these options on prepaid shipping labels, but try anyway or go to a different post office.

I don't trust Media Mail. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson, MA 01749

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit in 3 to 5 business days, however.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the trade-in deal?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however. On the other hand, older gen games, such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 10 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that it might still raise red flags. No one has reported attempting this so we do not know for sure. 2 to 3 copies of a game should be okay, but more than that is pushing it. Also, keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always edit or cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Does the ECA discount stack with the trade-in deal coupon?
Yes.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
my update:

sent package on the 13th [ monday ] via media mail from bay area in CA, package arrived yesterday [ 20th ], today got credited for all my games [ $50 exactly ].

now i just to wait for the coupon and than order me some ion rocker drums.

[quote name='Japakneez']can you make it sort by TIV?[/QUOTE]

Sure. Just click on the header above the row. You can sort by title/tiv.

Just note that it'll take a few seconds on the all page since it has 4000~ items to sort.

Sent in a package via Amazon's Media Mail on July 1, 2009 and they still haven't received it. Sent in a second package via Priority Mail on July 18, 2009 and they received, and then credited it, on July 21.

Media Mail is such a crap shoot.

Yeah, for whatever reason media mail shipments from the West Coast were faster this week than the previous couple of weeks. I sent two packages last Monday (the 13th). One was a box with 3 games that was received and credited yesterday (Mon). The second was a single game (the only My Fitness Coach I could find when it was trade-in deal of the day: turned $12.59 of GS credit into $20.75) in a padded envelope. That was credited today. I don't mind 7-8 days end-to-end at all - beats the 14+ days my last one took!

So I didn't trade in Tomb Raider Underworld because I thought I'd extract some trophies from it first (I already played the game on the 360). But when I saw it would be pretty hard and time consuming to get the platinum I decided I have other things to play that are more important. So yeah I lost a few $$ by not submitting it when I should have. Oh well...

dualedge2 - do you have DC on that July 1st package? I'd be a little concerned over that one.

I have a question for anyone who has used their 50% off coupon code for a preorder. When you view your order, does your order reflect the 50% discount? I just preordered Dragon Age Origins CE for $74.99. I used my code, and it accepted it, but when I view my unshipped order, it still shows a price of $74.99 and I can't see where the coupon code has been applied anywhere. I sent an email off to customer service to make sure, but wanted to ask here in case anyone else has preordered an item and whether you had a similar experience.

Also, in case anyone is curious about shipping times from the Dallas area, I shipped my trade in games using the prepaid label from Dallas, TX, and Amazon had received and credited my account exactly 1 week later. Took 2 business days after that for the coupon to arrive via email.

Just got my code this morning. Placed an order for 120 gb hard drive. Cost me nothing after coupon, eca, and trade in credit. Very happy.:)

[quote name='solidFire501']I have a question for anyone who has used their 50% off coupon code for a preorder. When you view your order, does your order reflect the 50% discount? I just preordered Dragon Age Origins CE for $74.99. I used my code, and it accepted it, but when I view my unshipped order, it still shows a price of $74.99 and I can't see where the coupon code has been applied anywhere. I sent an email off to customer service to make sure, but wanted to ask here in case anyone else has preordered an item and whether you had a similar experience.
[/QUOTE]

Under the "Payment Info" section on my order (Beatles Rock Band SE) it looks like this:

Item(s) Subtotal: $249.99
Shipping & Handling: $8.48
Super Saver Discount: -$8.48
Promotion Applied: -$125.00
Promotion Applied: -$25.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $99.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $99.99
-----
Grand Total: $0.00

I paid it entirely with trade-in credit from the games I sent in. Maybe that makes a difference?

Just out of curiousity: You guys that are converting farmed GS credit into Amazon credit - what are you guys using the Amazon credit for? I mean, I know I am looking forward to Forza 3 and a couple of other various titles, but I generally find buying games new burns my credit out faster than I can "farm" it, even with some of these coupons. I have almost all of the hardware and accessories I could ever need (thanks BB and GS), and I don't see a feasible way to convert any extra Amazon credit into other stores.

[quote name='io']Under the "Payment Info" section on my order (Beatles Rock Band SE) it looks like this:

-----
-----

I paid it entirely with trade-in credit from the games I sent in. Maybe that makes a difference?[/QUOTE]

It might, considering that the item is "paid" at the time of ordering when you use credit?

XDL, 50% coupon is nice for big ticket items; TE sticks, Beatles Bundle, MW2 prestige, Tekken 6 Bundle, etc.

Above are basically what I'm getting with my 50% coupon. Only paying $ 100 credit for Beatles and $ 60 credit for others after ECA.

I sent my 2nd package on 7/16 for 50% promo and received the credit today, 7/21 from SoCal. Now waiting for the code.

So far, I already sent 8 packages and received credit within a week on 6 of them and promo code within 3 days. Not Bad. I just sent the other 2 packages yesterday, so I'll update once I receive the credit.

[quote name='xdl']Just out of curiousity: You guys that are converting farmed GS credit into Amazon credit - what are you guys using the Amazon credit for? I mean, I know I am looking forward to Forza 3 and a couple of other various titles, but I generally find buying games new burns my credit out faster than I can "farm" it, even with some of these coupons. I have almost all of the hardware and accessories I could ever need (thanks BB and GS), and I don't see a feasible way to convert any extra Amazon credit into other stores.[/QUOTE]

Considering that you can buy pretty much anything off of Amazon for a decent price, Amazon credit is infinitely more valuable than Gamestop credit anyway.

[quote name='xdl']Just out of curiousity: You guys that are converting farmed GS credit into Amazon credit - what are you guys using the Amazon credit for? [/QUOTE]

I need an AIO printer and a new camera. I want a Panasonic Lumix Z3 but the prices haven't budged so i'll probably end up with a canon.

I have 2 50% coupons but still not sure what to get. One should go towards an xbox 120gb Hard Drive. The other towards a regular priced game or NBA 2k10 anniversary. I'm really hoping something else shows up

I already have an HRAP and Madcatz TE stick, not interested in Beatles, and definitely not into MW2 Prestige (the goggles are not worth $70 more than the hardened edition!). I'll get MW2 on PC anyway :)

[quote name='GuardianE']Considering that you can buy pretty much anything off of Amazon for a decent price, Amazon credit is infinitely more valuable than Gamestop credit anyway.[/QUOTE]

For most people, but not me, considering I can bounce GS credit off of other stores/sites and get things to flip back to GS for more credit. For general use, I agree, Amazon credit is far more useful than GS credit.

I'm gonna need some Amazon to GS flips soon :mrgreen:

The current amazon coupon says '$30 towards a videogame purchase'. So im thinking we can fill one order with different game titles and it will just subtract $30 from the total purchase price. This could work well with Gamestops current trade in promo.

[quote name='io']Under the "Payment Info" section on my order (Beatles Rock Band SE) it looks like this:

-----
-----

I paid it entirely with trade-in credit from the games I sent in. Maybe that makes a difference?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GuardianE']It might, considering that the item is "paid" at the time of ordering when you use credit?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the responses. I paid with credit card for the remainder, but it still seems a little worrying that my promotional discount is not showing up, but yet the coupon code has definitely been redeemed as it won't let me use it on anything else. I'll just have to sit tight and wait for customer service to respond to my email.

UPDATE: Amazon customer service got back to me, and they did a manual adjustment to correct the issue. Still not sure what I did to cause the system to take my promotion code but then not actually apply it in the end (when I first entered it and clicked apply, the total did show correctly, but then later reverted back to the original price on the final screen). At any rate, problem fixed, and now the price shows correctly on my order status.

Just got confirmation that my second order was received. Sent in 11 GBA games(no boxes or manuals) 1 DS game and 1 gamecube game(both complete) I am still waiting for my first 50% off coupon and hopefully I get my second one quick.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Just got confirmation that my second order was received. Sent in 11 GBA games(no boxes or manuals) 1 DS game and 1 gamecube game(both complete) I am still waiting for my first 50% off coupon and hopefully I get my second one quick.[/QUOTE]
Did they accept all your incomplete GBA games?

[quote name='newlu']Did they accept all your incomplete GBA games?[/QUOTE]
Yes they did. Just like in my first trade in. Everything was accepted and No problems.

Well, I just got my games back. Makred as missing disk online, glad to see they did return my games back. Dont know why they didnt accept them, complete, in original case, minor scratches but nothing different from the other items I submitted. Just a pain, and because of this, my 55 trade in turned into a 45 Trade in. Contacted amazon a while back, still a small chance that I can still get the 50% coupon.

This may help someone who needs some filler. Amazon has Virtua Tennis 2009 in the Gold Box for another few hours at $19.98. If you have ECA, it becomes $16.28. Trade-in is $16.50. If you have ECA, maybe this will work as a filler. Of course you can only get 1 per account so big quantities aren't there. Like I say, hope it helps somebody.

I read the FAQ but I don't mail packages often. Any suggestions for a good type of box to ship about 5 games?

Also what is media mail and why is it possibly risky?

[quote name='blazinglion2002']I read the FAQ but I don't mail packages often. Any suggestions for a good type of box to ship about 5 games?

Also what is media mail and why is it possibly risky?[/QUOTE]

I strongly urge the use of a cardboard box. It will cut down shipping and material costs. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Add it to the FAQ :mrgreen:

So with this current promo, we can do multiple $60 trade packages and get the $30 bonus on each one?

[quote name='polly']So with this current promo, we can do multiple $60 trade packages and get the $30 bonus on each one?[/QUOTE]

That is what it sounds like. You may have to ask Amazon's CS for clarification, but even that may not get you a "proper" answer.

[quote name='Link927']Well, I just got my games back. Makred as missing disk online, glad to see they did return my games back. Dont know why they didnt accept them, complete, in original case, minor scratches but nothing different from the other items I submitted. Just a pain, and because of this, my 55 trade in turned into a 45 Trade in. Contacted amazon a while back, still a small chance that I can still get the 50% coupon.[/QUOTE]

You are one of the few people who reported some problem with their order and was sent their games back. I'm grateful that you actually posted when you received your games back. OOC, what was the problem with the game that the 3rd party reported? Missing disc? Missing cover art?

Just curious and again, thanks for responding. I was very curious as to the conditions of the games, after people reported the 3rd party had problems with their trade-in and had received them back.

also curious what was the reason for not accepting the games.

a few of my games were form gamestop and have some sticky resedue on them. I didn't even ship them today because I need to fix them. Any suggestions on how to get the gamestop sticker residue off? I used alcohol but that didn't work as well as it has on other stickers.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']also curious what was the reason for not accepting the games.

a few of my games were form gamestop and have some sticky resedue on them. I didn't even ship them today because I need to fix them. Any suggestions on how to get the gamestop sticker residue off? I used alcohol but that didn't work as well as it has on other stickers.[/QUOTE]

I left all the GS stickers on my first shipment to Amazon, games were accepted no problem. I just sent 2 more shipments last week with the stickers still there. Will have to wait another 2.5 weeks to find out the results, but I suspect it will be fine.

[quote name='whymustiregister']I left all the GS stickers on my first shipment to Amazon, games were accepted no problem. I just sent 2 more shipments last week with the stickers still there. Will have to wait another 2.5 weeks to find out the results, but I suspect it will be fine.[/QUOTE]

that's a relief. These were driving me nuts.

got a 50% off coupon. I wanted to use it on a G25 or a racing seat, none will work with coupon. What should I use it on and then sell?

[quote name='parker4983']got a 50% off coupon. I wanted to use it on a G25 or a racing seat, none will work with coupon. What should I use it on and then sell?[/QUOTE]
Did you try this one, because it is listed in the videogames store on Amazon as it's main associated department, it is sold by amazon, FSS, etc. (the blue or black colors, the red one is not sold by amazon). http://www.amazon.com/Playseats-Cla..._5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1248242939&sr=8-5

[quote name='dualedge2']You are one of the few people who reported some problem with their order and was sent their games back. I'm grateful that you actually posted when you received your games back. OOC, what was the problem with the game that the 3rd party reported? Missing disc? Missing cover art?

Just curious and again, thanks for responding. I was very curious as to the conditions of the games, after people reported the 3rd party had problems with their trade-in and had received them back.[/QUOTE]

Well, originally out of my 9 game package, 3 of them were marked as "Missing Disk" Of course, I freaked out, I wasnt sure if someone in the postal system or the center stole them, or if whoever was accepting them marked the wrong option. Of course, my suspicions were true, and it was the wrong reason. Conditions are pretty good. The Wii game was missing a manual, but besides that, I dont know why they rejected these 3 and accepted my other 6. =(

[quote name='J7.']Did you try this one, because it is listed in the videogames store on Amazon as it's main associated department, it is sold by amazon, FSS, etc. (the blue or black colors, the red one is not sold by amazon). http://www.amazon.com/Playseats-Cla..._5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1248242939&sr=8-5[/QUOTE]

from earlier posts, people have been saying the seats won't work, don't know why though. As for the G25, some dude got it by speaking with a manager directly on the phone who specially modified the order during their conversation. Everyone else got some kinda marketing department referral with no response yet, hopefully someone hears back soon about the issue. anyone?

[quote name='lulu8585']from earlier posts, people have been saying the seats won't work, don't know why though. As for the G25, some dude got it by speaking with a manager directly on the phone who specially modified the order during their conversation. Everyone else got some kinda marketing department referral with no response yet, hopefully someone hears back soon about the issue. anyone?[/QUOTE]

Yea, apparently the problem with seats (and that one in particular) is that it is listed under "Sports and Outdoors". The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel is listed under "Electronics".

THIS seat, however, is one I COULD see working with the 50% off coupon:

http://www.amazon.com/Playseats-Evo..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1248246615&sr=8-3

Not only is it in stock and shipped from Amazon (both colors), but it is listed under "Video Games" as well. Since it fits the three categories that a lot of the other seats couldn't fulfill (proper category, in stock by Amazon, ships from Amazon), I think it definitely has a higher probability of being acceptable.

[quote name='dualedge2']Yea, apparently the problem with seats (and that one in particular) is that it is listed under "Sports and Outdoors". The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel is listed under "Electronics".

THIS seat, however, is one I COULD see working with the 50% off coupon:

http://www.amazon.com/Playseats-Evo..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1248246615&sr=8-3

Not only is it in stock and shipped from Amazon (both colors), but it is listed under "Video Games" as well. Since it fits the three categories that a lot of the other seats couldn't fulfill (proper category, in stock by Amazon, ships from Amazon), I think it definitely has a higher probability of being acceptable.[/QUOTE]

nope it doesnt work really wanted thos seat. but to be clear only items that are listed in amazon sales rank under video games will work. just go to middle page if it says 123 amazon sales rank in video games it will work. ONLY IF ITS LISTED UNDER VIDEO GAMES IN SALES RANK

Wow, sent my trade-in for the 50% off coupon friday(17th), they got it in the 21st. Sweet, 60 bucks credit and half off whenever the coupon comes in. Now to definitely pick what I'm going to use it on.

The trade-in deal of the day is Gravity for the Wii at $17.

Lock that puppy in before they drop it!

It is $19.99 new/$17.99 used at GS (so $16.19 after Edge). As usual with these things there are practically no used copies around me (I see 1 at the 32 stores within 100 miles of me). But I may not even bother with getting the used copy - it seems plentiful new and even with the $3 loss it's worth it to move GS credit over to Amazon to use with the $30 coupon.

I locked in 2 trades with it so I can free up some of the other games I was going to send in to go to Gamestop instead (since they get better value there anyway with the 50% bonus).

i locked it in, but I dont think Ill take advantage of it. I'll keep it just in case, but I hope a better, more viable flip comes around via trade in of the day, since the $30 offer lasts for a while.

[quote name='lulu8585']from earlier posts, people have been saying the seats won't work, don't know why though. As for the G25, some dude got it by speaking with a manager directly on the phone who specially modified the order during their conversation. Everyone else got some kinda marketing department referral with no response yet, hopefully someone hears back soon about the issue. anyone?[/QUOTE]

Received an email, it said they needed to look into further and will reply within a week. I don't think its going to work. Anyone else have better luck?

[quote name='dualedge2']You are one of the few people who reported some problem with their order and was sent their games back. I'm grateful that you actually posted when you received your games back. OOC, what was the problem with the game that the 3rd party reported? Missing disc? Missing cover art?

Just curious and again, thanks for responding. I was very curious as to the conditions of the games, after people reported the 3rd party had problems with their trade-in and had received them back.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I was told that my game was "damaged-cracked" and I have not received it yet. I'll report the findings when it arrives.

sorry if this has been asked, how do u lock in the price? aren't we suppose to ship the games within 3 days ?

[quote name='acyw13']sorry if this has been asked, how do u lock in the price? aren't we suppose to ship the games within 3 days ?[/QUOTE]

The first post has tons of information and answers everything you are asking.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']also curious what was the reason for not accepting the games.

a few of my games were form gamestop and have some sticky resedue on them. I didn't even ship them today because I need to fix them. Any suggestions on how to get the gamestop sticker residue off? I used alcohol but that didn't work as well as it has on other stickers.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend picking up a bottle of Goo Gone... it's pretty awesome stuff.

I have a question guys:

Are any of you New Yorkers also getting a great turnaround time? I shipped Media Mail on Friday and they received on Monday. Not even priority ships that fast for me:O

[quote name='Taboner']I have a question guys:

Are any of you New Yorkers also getting a great turnaround time? I shipped Media Mail on Friday and they received on Monday. Not even priority ships that fast for me:O[/QUOTE]

I'm in upstate NY, shipped about 1:00 p.m. Saturday afternoon, got my credit today. All accepted, mostly GS flips...fun taking those layers of stickers and goo off : ). They were not all in the best of shape. A Prince of Persia I sent in looked pretty rough, but I tested it and it played fine. They were all complete w/ manuals, cover art etc.

Now the wait for the 50% off coupon....

-veggielasagna

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back