Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

[quote name='dmdragon']I think my quickpicks are broken :(

I keep getting fucking books and blenders despite the fact that I always clear my cache and have never bought a book or appliance of any kind from them

For instance I have never bought any of the aforementioned things as I said. I have a freaking skillet in my quick picks.. I mean WTF.

I have no idea why it's giving me quick picks from all categories, is there any way to have it only give quickpicks from one category? Also I show nowhere that I own a wii, nor have I ever bought a wii game before, yet I still get wii games in my quick picks. I would like it to only show PS3 games since that's all I own, but alas it's probably not that intuitive :([/QUOTE]

Dude, I'm getting shit based on what I browsed now... I was looking at Family Guy stuff and now have Family Guy DVDs in my quickpicks. I am also getting movies, everything but video games is marked do not use as recommendations in my purchase history.

I wonder if they are testing a new algorithm?

You guys need to remember that not everything you want in video games is necessarily eligible for quick picks. Family guy seasons are on sale right now, so it's a no wonder they're showing up for you. Quick picks are heavily based on both what you want and what OTHER people are buying. That's why you get crap mixed in with what you want. If nothing you want is eligible, guess what you're only going to see. . .

Not a new item, but I just got Metal Gear Solid: Rising (360) in my Quick Picks if you want to update that.

I ended up rather pissed because I thought Amazon fucking FINALLY updated the website with the PS3 version, and that Castlevania may have been added as well. I was alright with it taking a while at first, but I want to use this $40 off coupon code on one of those two games, or maybe White Knight Chronicles. Get off your ass please Amazon.

[quote name='Nirron']Not a new item, but I just got Metal Gear Solid: Rising (360) in my Quick Picks if you want to update that.

I ended up rather pissed because I thought Amazon fucking FINALLY updated the website with the PS3 version, and that Castlevania may have been added as well. I was alright with it taking a while at first, but I want to use this $40 off coupon code on one of those two games, or maybe White Knight Chronicles. Get off your ass please Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Rising was never truly confirmed for PS3 by Konami that I know of, so there's just cause in that. However, the delay in listing Castlevania is just retarded. The trailer had it in black and white which systems it would be releasing for, so there's really no excuse.

WTF is Amazon doing?

Well, I don't know if Konami confirmed it, but here's a link from IGN where Kojima confirms it coming to PC and PS3. Also, if you go here and look at the MGS Rising picture, it shows both the 360/Live logos and PS3/PSN logos.

I'm just wondering if there's a way I can bring it to Amazon's attention without sounding like an ass :p Maybe I'll send them those links! There's actually a link to the Castlevania website on my second link showing PS3/360 as well so two birds with one stone!

hm todays quickpicks included:

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (DS)
No More Heroes 2 (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
Halo: Reach (X360)

just to update the OP

Got Dragon Ball: Raging Blast today. Also got Up and Monsters, Inc on BD but I can't pull the trigger on the PIXARBLU promo since I hated Cars.

hmmm... so I just got uncharted 2 for quick picks. with the 47.49 price plus 10% left over eca coupon, it comes out to around $43. *sigh* this just made my happiness at getting uncharted for the cheap price of 48 kind of useless! oh well it was def worth it!

Amazon, why does putting something in my Gold Box that I ordered less than a week ago make any sense? :whistle2:s

I ordered Big Bang Theory S2 over the weekend at $17.99. Showed up Tuesday, and today, it's in my Gold Box for $17.09. :wall:

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

[quote name='shrike4242']Amazon, why does putting something in my Gold Box that I ordered less than a week ago make any sense? :whistle2:s

I ordered Big Bang Theory S2 over the weekend at $17.99. Showed up Tuesday, and today, it's in my Gold Box for $17.09. :wall:

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.[/QUOTE]

It must have something to do with somewhat popular items ignoring purchase status, because when Uncharted 2 was a high video game seller, it was notorious for multiple appearances.

Also got :ds: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and :wii: Harvest Moon: Animal Parade in my Quick Picks. I wanted Strange Journey, but they wouldn't apply my Gold Box discounted game to a pre-existing order that had ECA on it.
OT: Nice choice in purchase. I've heard that show has decent popularity, and I'm so glad since it has so many nerd-like items and nods and stuff in it that make me feel like LESS of a nerd since so many people love it.

I've pre-ordered FFv13 a few days ago through quick picks. Also saw Fragile and now regret not ordering it.

Sweet, got BFBC2 Limited Edition for PC this morning along with Fight Club on BD. Was only expecting Fight Club, but Amazon had a massive ninja update last night. I was extremely lucky to get both of these, as they're the only two I would have wanted out of all the junk added to my recommendations.

Awesome, I had it the other way around having the things I wanted in my wishlist hoping it would end up in my quick picks haha. Thanks for the info.

Someone wants me to spend money

Capture-4.jpg

Resisting unless they want to lump all of these in with my 30% off order. :)

[quote name='jacknicklson']Someone wants me to spend money

Capture-4.jpg

Resisting unless they want to lump all of these in with my 30% off order. :)[/QUOTE]

Damn

Capture-4.jpg

Resisting unless they want to lump all of these in with my 30% off order. :)[/QUOTE]
Oh man, how can you resist the Tinkerbell movie?

[quote name='jacknicklson']Will power my friend, will power.[/QUOTE]
Woah, I just noticed your post was #666, too. You're doomed.

Lol, and Half-Minute Hero is the DOTD @ $18.99.

got a nice selection today:

DS:
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
Golden Sun
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Pokemon HeartGold

Wii:
Muramasa

[/QUOTE]
Nice. It's a game-filled Quick Picks for me too today:

:ps2: Sakura Wars
:wii: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
:wii: Fragile
:wii: Sin and Punishment 2
:ds: Nostalgia
:ps3: The Last Guardian

Pre-ordered FF XIII for PS3 (with $10 credits from AC2 and Mario Wii), and got these quick picks:

PS3:
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Last Rebellion
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Wii:
Sin and Punishment 2

360:
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Raiden IV Limited Edition

Woo hoo! I finally got GT5 in mine. Good day for games overall:

PS3:
Gran Turismo 5
Resonance of Fate
Afrika

360:
Metal Gear Solid Rising

PSP:
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Not sure if anyone noticed this one. I had a leftover ECA code in my account and tried to order a game out of my Goldbox. It looks like Goldbox and ECA may no longer stack...

EDIT: Disregard my comment. I just read the ECA Update thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see it in the OP, but today I got

:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Definitely gonna pick this up as I had $20 in promotional stuff + $2 Gold Box taking it down to $18.

I also got a Black Wii Remote/MotionPlus combo, which I'm tempted to buy. $46 for another controller and MotionPlus would save me about $4 if I was buying the regular white remote and motionplus separately on Amazon. I'm either going to do that, or ask Amazon to add Dragon Age to an existing order that had ECA codes, which should bring it down to $31 or so.

Big addition today: 3D Dot Game Heroes! Looks like this will be the standard day for additions to the list, as Amazon ninja-updates recommendations early Monday morning. Did you guys get anything new in your picks? I saw some other additions but didn't get them as picks.

BTW, FFXIII will get you this game in your picks if you're trying for it.

Nirron, you bastard! Beating me by seconds.

A few other games will help to get it recommended as well.

:ps3:
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Demon's Souls (both regular and deluxe)
FF13

:wii:
Fragile
A Boy and his Blob

Amazon apparently wants me to buy lots of strategy guides as well. The past few days I've gotten Phantasy Star 0, Nostalgia, Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, LittleBigPlanet GOTY, and at least two other strategy guides in my Quick Picks.

Epic Mickey is apparently in my recommendations now, though it wasn't in my Quick Picks. I'm going to see if I can get that discounted. I wonder what Amazon's policy would be if I e-mailed them about adding a Quick Pick item to a pre-existing order. If it was still in my Quick Picks when I e-mailed them, could they apply the discount?

Did you notice the -$0.00 promotion applied at the checkout? The product page doesn't list anything extra, so I'm wondering what it could be.

Now that I look at it, yeah, there it is. I think it may be for Amazon's video on demand. I got an e-mail right after my order for $5 of credit for their TV shows.

Edit: It would be a distinct possibility slowdive. I just pretty much confirmed (for me at least, maybe they pick and choose some of these discounts for different orders?) it as the TV/Video on Demand credit, as the line in the promo credit e-mail says "Your recent order, entitles you..." etc, and the order number matches the order I just placed for 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 3D Dot Game Heroes today, but it's only 5% off MSRP. I have the $40 video game credit I need to use, but I was planning on buying Cross Edge with it. They just got a new shipment in today of it I think. But there's also the Best Buy clearance I'm going to check to see if I can find on XE. If so, is 5% off worth it? If Amazon does discount it, do they still give me the extra 5% for quick pick? Plus, I'll be buying it on store credit that's like a coupon, so how would they refund me?

@Eevee: If they discount it, you will get the 5% off, though it'll be adjusted for the new value (though if it's a 5 cent decrease per dollar, so if it falls by 3 dollars you lose 15 cents) and you will get any excess credit back.

On topic: Yet another addition.

:wii: Epic Mickey.

[quote name='Nirron']:wii: Epic Mickey.[/QUOTE]
Added!

PS3 250GB showed up in my recommendations; I'll leave it be and see if it shows up for a quick pick. That would be some crazy good deal too!

got pokemon soulsilver today, but i haven't bit on it yet. can't wait for the game, so i can play for hours on end....in secret to avoid humiliation of course

bread's done
Back