Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

Hrm, looks like I gotta work Epic Mickey into my recommendations. I'd love to see Red Dead Redemption or Super SFIV become eligible.

This morning I got the following in my quickpicks:

DS:
Atelier Annie: Alchemist of Sera Island

PC:
Painkiller Ressurection
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition

and a Left 4 Dead 2 Guide

Got :ps3: Super Street Fighter 4 in my quick picks today. I preordered the 360 version. Think I might cancel that and wait for it to pop up in my gold box.

[quote name='evenfl0w']Got :ps3: Super Street Fighter 4 in my quick picks today. I preordered the 360 version. Think I might cancel that and wait for it to pop up in my gold box.[/QUOTE]
Also got SSFIV on PS3 after the Monday morning update. Added!

3D Dot Game Heroes got it in my picks for those trying for it.

Man, got a ton of Wii games in my quick picks after preordering Arc Rise Fantasia, but not the one Wii game my brother-in-law requested! which others have gotten :)wii:FFCC: The Crystal Bearers).

One I didn't see in the OP was:
:wii: Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles for $43.69 (13% off)

The rest were:
:wii: Monando: Beginning of the World
:wii: Trauma Team
:wii: Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
:wii: Muramasa: The Demon Blade
:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
:ds: Phantasy Star 0
:ds: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Alright, today I got Crystal Bearers. Wish I'd tried to get it into my quick picks by preordering Arc Rise earlier, because I'm pretty sure Amazon raised the base price.

I also got 3 games on the MIA list: :psp: Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days, :ds: Sands of Destruction and :ds: Infinite Space.

I just got a LOT of ninja additions to my recommendations. I'm used to it happening on Monday mornings, so this kind of threw me for a loop. It snuck up on me, resulting in a lot of crappy third party Wii peripherals showing up in my Quick Picks.

[quote name='Nirron']I just got a LOT of ninja additions to my recommendations. I'm used to it happening on Monday mornings, so this kind of threw me for a loop. It snuck up on me, resulting in a lot of crappy third party Wii peripherals showing up in my Quick Picks.[/QUOTE]
Just checked mine and got the same. Monado, $60 for a Wii game wtf?

[quote name='Jodou']Just checked mine and got the same. Monado, $60 for a Wii game wtf?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's pretty insane.:cold:

I'm sure they will fix the MSRP of Monado before it releases (which will probably be some time in 2011). Probably whoever put the listing together was confused over whether it was a PS3/360 or Wii game.

They're also listing a $49.99 MSRP for Sakura Wars Wii even though it's supposed to be $39.99, same as the PS2 version.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm sure they will fix the MSRP of Monado before it releases (which will probably be some time in 2011). Probably whoever put the listing together was confused over whether it was a PS3/360 or Wii game.

They're also listing a $49.99 MSRP for Sakura Wars Wii even though it's supposed to be $39.99, same as the PS2 version.[/QUOTE]
I blame Activision.

[quote name='Jodou']I blame Activision.[/QUOTE]

I'm very well expecting CoD10: MW4 to be at least $70 MSRP (though I'm assuming that Activision doesn't crack the whip on both Treyarch and Infinity Ward, making each of them come out with a CoD game per year). Thank God I haven't bought a new Activision game since...er, well, Guitar Hero 3 I think.

I'm in the same boat as Ryuu though. I've seen multiple instances where Amazon has incorrectly listed the price, and then change it. Monado is cutting it close though, as it launches in roughly a month, though there's so little most seem to know about it. All I know is it's Monolith Soft, and I loved Baten Kaitos/Xenosaga.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have Arc Rise Fantasia in the MIA section, but I just got it today. My quick picks are all RPGs today after ordering Cross Edge yesterday :p Too bad everything on the list is Wii or DS. Hopefully I get 3D Dot Game Heroes again soon. Need to burn my $40 credit. Should have already done it, but I didn't expect to get Cross Edge for $30. Procrastination pays off.

[quote name='slowdive21']I got starcraft II today and it is only 47.49 (21%) off[/QUOTE]

Wow I wish I could scoop that up!!

Just got :pS3: White Knight Chronicles International Edition in my Quick Picks.

I think I might've bit if I could combine the Gold Box with an existing ECA enabled order. The FFXII-esque combat and seemingly large focus on online MMO-style mission multiplayer are a little off-putting to me, especially for the $43 or so I'd be paying. It doesn't help that there are a heck of a lot of games I want in Q1, even in the same month.

Looks like they've shifted their ninja updating to Thursdays since I also got White Knight. Zombieland and Ponyo on BD showed up as well! I'll toss one down for all three just in case I can't get a better deal/change of heart.

Heads up, Dead Space 2 for both systems was listed today! Get it while it's still $50 making it a cool $47 and change with the quick pick discount.

Also got Lunar: Silver Star Harmony for PSP in my picks. After ordering Dead Space 2 for PS3, my recommendations updated with SWTFU 2! Hoping it pops up tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
holy crap! i checked my recommendations rite now, and i went from about 45 which i want there, to over 300! clearing out all these garbage recs is gonna take a while

Huge ass ninja update; make sure you get those recs down or else you might miss out on some good picks tomorrow! I'm hoping for Medal of Honor myself.

So much crap to wade through in my recs...I did spot Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 in there though, so here's hoping. I've still got an open ECA order, so unfortunately Gold Box isn't crap compared to 20% off.

They also seem to have given a LOT of games release dates in Feb-March (so many will not make it) because I am oh so sure that The Last Guardian will be released Feb 18th and Heavy Rain on January 4th.

Got Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising today. Oddly enough, they list it as a 360 game even though the image is clearly PC lol. No Batman yet, sadly.

[quote name='Jodou']Got Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising today. Oddly enough, they list it as a 360 game even though the image is clearly PC lol. No Batman yet, sadly.[/QUOTE]
Sucks, I would love to see a port of it to the 360. My PC would hemorrhage and flat line if it ever saw the box, yet alone the actually disc, come close to it...

I saw the new Prince of Persia game, :ps3: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, in my Quick Picks (is this a game based on a movie based on a game, or what's the deal with it?)

No Batman: AA 2 here either, though Amazon seems pretty persistent about making me want to purchase the Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Collector's Guide and the God of War Collection.

I've been tempted to put that in my Wish List so I can see when it hits $30-40. Hell, the one from Dec 2008 can be had for $20 brand new and has been that way for a few months. Good old predictable Ubisoft.

I just picked up CoD: MW2 for $40. It was listed on Christmas day; eligible for ps3,PC, or 360. haha luckily I jumped on that deal because it sold out half-an-hour later.

[quote name='beach_BumX']I just picked up CoD: MW2 for $40. It was listed on Christmas day; eligible for ps3,PC, or 360. haha luckily I jumped on that deal because it sold out half-an-hour later.[/QUOTE]
That was a DOTD, not a quick pick. ;)

One more addition:

:psp: Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman 2

Still waiting for Batman: AA 2, and then hopefully in a few days people will start seeing Yakuza 3.

You have Shiren the Wanderer MIA and I got it today. Also got Dead Space 2 for both PS3 and 360. Guess they really want me to get that game.

Got Torchlight today. Seems the updates are more frequent than the usual weekly Sunday additions. Still no damn Castlevania or MGS: Rising on PS3. WTF Amazon?

Managed to get Yakuza 3 in my Quick Picks today. And yes Jodou, I'm wondering what's wrong with Amazon. It's coming up on 6 months since the 360 versions were put up on the site, and coming up on 6 months since the PS3 version was announced (PC as well for MGS).

[quote name='Nirron']Managed to get Yakuza 3 in my Quick Picks today. And yes Jodou, I'm wondering what's wrong with Amazon. It's coming up on 6 months since the 360 versions were put up on the site, and coming up on 6 months since the PS3 version was announced (PC as well for MGS).[/QUOTE]
Maybe they'll figure it out when it shows up at the warehouse. . .

I'm waiting for them to put up the Green Day Rock Band preorder, given that it's been announced, and they already have placeholders for the likes of Batman 2, Force Unleashed 2, and Dead Space 2.

They have some weird logic when it comes to what they put up for pre-order. For MONTHS they had White Knight Chronicles on the site, but you couldn't pre-order it. Then they go and let you pre-order games like Dead Space 2 or FF Versus XIII which have no set release date at all. Then of course there's the fun part of Castlevania and MGS, where the OFFICIAL Castlevania site shows it as being for PS3/360, and Kojima's own site lists PS3 and 360 for MGS Rising.

In trying to find rationale with Amazon's releases, one might go insane, as there seems to be no logical way they determine when to put up what games.

I seem to get a lot of MIA titles in my gold box.
:wii: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
:wii: FRAGILE DREAMS: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
:ps3: Super Street Fighter IV

Preordered White Knight Chronicles and got :ds: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey in my picks today.

Is anyone else ending up with completely unrelated garbage in their Gold Box? I've streamlined my recommendations meticulously and yet I've ended up with crap like tools and appliances in my Gold Box. Any suggestions out there or is that simply how it works for everyone?

I still get crap picks from time to time. You should either pre-order some stuff related to what you want (and cancel them later if you don't want them), or mark and rate more items. When I pruned the owned/rated items lists down too much, I ended up getting absolutely no good picks.

Got Resident Evil: Gold Edition for PS3 today! I've also wiped the slate clean for MIA titles to bring in the new year.

I got a pretty neat surprise today. There was a certain game in there, :ds: Ghost Trick, in my Gold Box. Turns out to be from the guy behind the Phoenix Wright games, so I added it to my ever growing ECA order list.

Now once they add Zelda Wii, and the PS3 versions of MGS: Rising/Castlevania, I think I'll be set for the year...maybe.

bread's done
Back