CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the bullshit begins - my ps2 being returned to me for being "damaged"

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Well, the bullshit begins - my ps2 being returned to me for being "damaged"

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/QUOTE]

That sucks, I'm sorry. I didn't want to risk it, even if the payoff is great. You know they are going to return every single one....:hot:

[quote name='Pookymeister']Well, the bullshit begins - my ps2 being returned to me for being "damaged"[/QUOTE]I hope you're complaining to an Amazon CSR as we speak. They could have said it was missing an item or something else, though we all know that your PS2 was working before it was sent in. Same as mine.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']That sucks, I'm sorry. I didn't want to risk it, even if the payoff is great. You know they are going to return every single one....:hot:[/QUOTE]They could at least admit they made a mistake and not use a BS excuse like they're pulling with Pooky's PS2.

[quote name='shrike4242']I hope you're complaining to an Amazon CSR as we speak. They could have said it was missing an item or something else, though we all know that your PS2 was working before it was sent in. Same as mine.[/QUOTE]

The CSR's response was to wait for it to come back and contact them back if its not really damaged. Got $10 promo credit so far. Depending on what other people experience, I might have to contact them again before the return arrives.

If it comes back damaged though, then there still is a problem obviously.

[quote name='Pookymeister']The CSR's response was to wait for it to come back and contact them back if its not really damaged. Got $10 promo credit so far. Depending on what other people experience, I might have to contact them again before the return arrives.

If it comes back damaged though, then there still is a problem obviously.[/QUOTE]Either way, you're owed $200, since they didn't truthfully work themselves out of the issue. If they said that it was canceled because of a mistake on their part, that's one thing. Claiming it's damaged when it obviously wasn't is a completely different issue.

There is no way possible my PS2 shipment was damaged during shipment, as I used far more packaging materials than necessary to make sure it made it there OK, and it was working before it was shipped out.

If it comes back damaged, then it'll be a real mess Amazon will be inheriting, since it's proof they're damaging systems when received.

We cant jump to conclusions just yet since we don't know what condition it is coming back in. This is only one trade gone bad so far. If multiple people get rejected for the same reason then yes we have a serious problem.

Don't forget people here let noram get away with 'stomping' on their games. Only IATCG attempted to do something about it whereas everyone else just complained to amazon. If there's a real problem then handle it with complaints to BBB, IC3, etc.

Just did my first trade in and pretty disappointed. I sent in a textbook and some games and the games were accepted but the textbook is being returned for damage to the spine. I find that hard to believe considering I barely used the book and it was pretty much brand new. I cannot wait to get it back and see if it is actually damaged or what. I may just try trading it back in somewhere else.

[quote name='Japakneez']We cant jump to conclusions just yet since we don't know what condition it is coming back in. This is only one trade gone bad so far. If multiple people get rejected for the same reason then yes we have a serious problem.

Don't forget people here let noram get away with 'stomping' on their games. Only IATCG attempted to do something about it whereas everyone else just complained to amazon. If there's a real problem then handle it with complaints to BBB, IC3, etc.[/QUOTE]Not just one, as we've seen above.

Where there's two, I'm sure there will be more to follow.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not just one, as we've seen above.

Where there's two, I'm sure there will be more to follow.[/QUOTE]

i wonder if anyone will get the credit. i don't quite recall every submission getting rejected on previous price mistakes. i really hope they aren't damaging these systems on purpose.

Why are people getting mad?

why would they want a $200 PS2?

you knew the risks and you knew there was going to be a minimal chance of anyone getting that $200 credit.

[quote name='ral1121']
you knew the risks and you knew there was going to be a minimal chance of anyone getting that $200 credit.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really mad, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect what was promised. I wouldn't have a problem with them saying it was a price mistake and simply cancelling them, or maybe a $5 promo credit or something to say sorry. But it's underhanded as hell to simply lie and mark them all damaged.

[quote name='ral1121']Why are people getting mad?

you knew the risks and you knew there was going to be a minimal chance of anyone getting that $200 credit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fujimitsu']I'm not really mad, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect what was promised. I wouldn't have a problem with them saying it was a price mistake and simply cancelling them, or maybe a $5 promo credit or something to say sorry. But it's underhanded as hell to simply lie and mark them all damaged.[/QUOTE]

This, since when was it ok for companies to lie to the customer to cover their mistake? Hell I think it's bad enough when they say, "sorry it was a price mistake and we won't honor it" but that's not what we're talking about. When I sent in my PS3 they returned it for the reason "damaged" which didn't tell me anything but when I contacted amazon CSR they had a complete description of what was actually wrong and told me Noram put it was for a damaged power cable. Amazon CSR should know the exact reason it is being marked as damaged.

[quote name='Brenex']When I sent in my PS3 they returned it for the reason "damaged" which didn't tell me anything but when I contacted amazon CSR they had a complete description of what was actually wrong and told me Noram put it was for a damaged power cable. Amazon CSR should know the exact reason it is being marked as damaged.[/QUOTE]
How much you want to bet they have a bunch of "damaged" power cords lying around? No serial number to record there...

[quote name='Japakneez']i wonder if anyone will get the credit. i don't quite recall every submission getting rejected on previous price mistakes. i really hope they aren't damaging these systems on purpose.[/QUOTE]Probably not. I know my system worked when sent out and easily survived the trip with the packaging job I did on it.

If it's damaged on the way back, heads will be rolling over it.

[quote name='ral1121']Why are people getting mad?

you knew the risks and you knew there was going to be a minimal chance of anyone getting that $200 credit.[/QUOTE]There's an expectation that if they're going to reject the trade, they need to do it with a something other than a BS lie.

[quote name='fujimitsu']I'm not really mad, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect what was promised. I wouldn't have a problem with them saying it was a price mistake and simply cancelling them, or maybe a $5 promo credit or something to say sorry. But it's underhanded as hell to simply lie and mark them all damaged.[/QUOTE]Exactly the point we've all be agreeing on.

I wouldn't care if it was rejected due to it being a mistake, if they said so, and the system was sent back in working condition. This BS stance of it being damaged is a complete and boldfaced lie.

[quote name='Vader582']How much you want to bet they have a bunch of "damaged" power cords lying around? No serial number to record there...[/QUOTE]

Actually my power cord was damaged since I had taken off the grounding plug due to it causing a grounding loop with my tv setup. Didn't think it would be a big problem since the grounding plug is useless seeing as how the playstation chasis is plastic and it worked fine for 2 years but hey, I should have caught that before I sent it off. Had to resend it with a new $7 cable.

Well, I shipped my PS2 in the original blue PS2 box with the original styrofoam and additional crumpled up newspaper between the system and the sides of the box. Then the entire blue PS2 box went in a old brown box that Sony used to send me my refurbished PS3 when they fixed it. More crumpled newspaper between the blue PS2 box and the outer brown box. Of course the system was tested right before packaging (which then caused my son to start a new game of Jak & Daxter because that was the game I tested the PS2 with).

So I would hope even UPS couldn't damage my PS2... but we'll see hopefully tomorrow if NorAm accepts it.

I would love to know what the process is when they receive an item for a much higher TIV than they think it should be. There has to be some sort of protocol in place seeing as how this is no where near the first time this has happened to cagers

With Let's Draw, they cancelled the trade ins after they were shipped. Amazon then claimed that any cancelled trades were cancelled by the customer. Then they finally admitted it was a mistake and offered a $10 credit. I know some people got Amazon to issue them a promo credit for the trade in amount in addition.

I'm going to argue: so you're telling me the ps2 that I purchased directly from you or your subsidary amazonwd that I sent as a trade-in now is damaged. Then that would mean you've sent me damaged goods. I'd like to see them explain that.

It would seem better to poorly package it so the box can easily be opened in hopes that someone at ups "loses" the item.

[quote name='nas6034']I'm going to argue: so you're telling me the ps2 that I purchased directly from you or your subsidary amazonwd that I sent as a trade-in now is damaged. Then that would mean you've sent me damaged goods. I'd like to see them explain that.

It would seem better to poorly package it so the box can easily be opened in hopes that someone at ups "loses" the item.[/QUOTE]

Tell them you sent them a working non damaged complete PS2 and that they mustve switched yours. Let them know you tested it before sending and checked to make sure it wasnt damaged. if they still cant help you keep trying with a different rep

[quote name='nas6034']I'm going to argue: so you're telling me the ps2 that I purchased directly from you or your subsidary amazonwd that I sent as a trade-in now is damaged. Then that would mean you've sent me damaged goods. I'd like to see them explain that.

It would seem better to poorly package it so the box can easily be opened in hopes that someone at ups "loses" the item.[/QUOTE]

Logic FTL?

I'm not exactly sure how your argument holds water here. The only way this makes sense is if you had it sent directly to them from the seller.

They would just say it was damaged by you or damaged in transit.

Yeah they are absolutely doing some shady stuff here but your argument is silly. They definitely didn't get lawyered with your logic.

[quote name='confoosious']if you had it sent directly to them from the seller.

They would just say it was damaged by you or damaged in transit.[/QUOTE]

Yea this is what I was thinking so it really doesn't put you in a much better position than the rest of us just that you at one point had a working product, that is if they sent a working ps2 to you ;)

[quote name='confoosious']Logic FTL?

I'm not exactly sure how your argument holds water here. The only way this makes sense is if you had it sent directly to them from the seller.

They would just say it was damaged by you or damaged in transit.

Yeah they are absolutely doing some shady stuff here but your argument is silly. They definitely didn't get lawyered with your logic.[/QUOTE]

The ps2 was in another box w/in box and all i did was just slap on the label but if you read my op you read that i wrote that it got damaged when they sent it to me would be my argument. it"s a collateral attack diverting them away from the real issue.

However, I do think i'll be in a stronger position.

But anyhow, we should all get credit.

[quote name='Japakneez']Risky. Being pushy about it now before you even get the unit back is probably going to flag the rest of the trade-ins that are in transit.[/QUOTE]

not to mention that basically telling them that you bought a PS2 just to exploit the deal.

It's different if you were arguing "I saw it was $200 so I packed mine in and traded it in. How was I supposed to know that TIV is too high?"

[quote name='COLDblood']I just did my first trade in...I forgot the packing slip and was freaking out after I realized my mistake, I started to imagine all kinds of crazy scenarios. However, It should up yesterday and they credited today for all the games but one. I guess one is the platinum edition so they are sending it back. Works for me though since the trade in is actually $4 more.

Thanks for this thread, it helped me make a fast flip! ($200 Amazon Credit~$100+ profit~ All Garage sell finds)

Might trade mine in then since its old and getting close to the end of its life.

did you send in both controllers?[/QUOTE]

yea i sent in everything that originally came with it, the mw2 game, headseat, 2 controllers, ethernet cord, etc. i wanted to make sure it would get accepted since the trade valued dropped from 200 to 127 before i sent it in.

[quote name='Japakneez']We cant jump to conclusions just yet since we don't know what condition it is coming back in. This is only one trade gone bad so far. If multiple people get rejected for the same reason then yes we have a serious problem.

Don't forget people here let noram get away with 'stomping' on their games. Only IATCG attempted to do something about it whereas everyone else just complained to amazon. If there's a real problem then handle it with complaints to BBB, IC3, etc.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. When I sent in both :360:Lips: Party Classics and :wii: F1 2009 to Amazon for $30 and $90 tiv's respectively I knew I had a slim chance in hell of either being accepted. I was right. Yet 2-3 other people had at least Lips accepted for $30. So I decided to argue for it.

But when I mentioned I was sending those in, some of the same people now complaining about the glitched $200 PS2 tiv being rejected were saying I shouldn't expect to be credited for those games with the glitched values and that I didn't deserve anything for them. Yet now some of them are saying they deserve the full credit.

My how times have changed.

Don't forget people here let noram get away with 'stomping' on their games. Only IATCG attempted to do something about it whereas everyone else just complained to amazon. If there's a real problem then handle it with complaints to BBB, IC3, etc.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I sent in :360:Lips Party Classics and :wii:F1 2009 for $30 and $90 a while ago. They labeled LPC as "damaged" and even went so far as to put the sticker saying damaged on the read side of the disc itself when they returned it.:roll::bomb:

At the time though, MANY people said I didn't deserve anything for those two glitched trade values.

This is especially true when I see people using the term 'flip' and/or flipping on this thread in regards to the PS2 value now. Yet when I and some others mentioned flipping anything in times past it's been frowned upon and such content has even been ninja edited out of threads.

Talk of flipping and exploiting glitched trade values is usually ninja edited out of threads or people are talked down to by others who don't think they deserve the higher than usual trade values.

Yet now we have almost an entire page of people(including TWO mods) saying how they're going to talk to Amazon about getting credited for PS2's they only sent in because of the higher trade value and it's ok?

Pot meet kettle.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My how times have changed.

Talk of flipping and exploiting glitched trade values is usually ninja edited out of threads or people are talked down to by others who don't think they deserve the higher than usual trade values.

Yet now we have almost an entire page of people(including TWO mods) saying how they're going to talk to Amazon about getting credited for PS2's they only sent in because of the higher trade value and it's ok?

Pot meet kettle.[/QUOTE]

We are in desperate times indeed my friend.

[quote name='ral1121']We are in desperate times indeed my friend.[/QUOTE]

No, people are just greedy and love to bitch and moan when someone makes a price mistake. Compound this with people actually having to do some leg-work to get these deals packed and sent in, and people start to think they've done this worldly deed they should be handsomely rewarded for by whomever will listen to their sob story.

No one wants to give you $200 for your PS2. Is it wrong that NorAM sucks and sends these back labeled as damaged? Yes. Do you really think its right to require Amazon to pay you 800% above a normal everyday fair value/trade-in price? Hell No.

Complain so that Amazon has feedback to improve the system or get a new vendor, but dont feel entitled.

Pot meet kettle.[/QUOTE]

When I was younger, I was good friends with pot and kettle one. lol

Pot meet kettle.[/QUOTE]

Boom. Seriously, I love how many people are suddenly fine with flipping in the Best Buy trade in thread, and now here. A few months ago, we were getting ripped on for doing the exact same things...

PS2 was rejected as "damaged" as well :roll:

If the system actually comes back noticeably damaged from how I sent it, I'm gonna be pretty dissapointed.

Amazon will not be able to give you any details. Trades go to a company called Noram where they are evaluated. Amazon customer service does not know any specifics.

'Damaged' is what Noram has used for trade-in value mistakes since they don't seem to have anything representing a 'mistake' option. Items returned probably don't have any damage at all.

[quote name='Brenex']This, since when was it ok for companies to lie to the customer to cover their mistake? Hell I think it's bad enough when they say, "sorry it was a price mistake and we won't honor it" but that's not what we're talking about. When I sent in my PS3 they returned it for the reason "damaged" which didn't tell me anything but when I contacted amazon CSR they had a complete description of what was actually wrong and told me Noram put it was for a damaged power cable. Amazon CSR should know the exact reason it is being marked as damaged.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's incorrect

[quote name='Japakneez']Amazon will not be able to give you any details. Trades go to a company called Noram where they are evaluated. Amazon customer service does not know any specifics.

'Damaged' is what Noram has used for trade-in value mistakes since they don't seem to have anything representing a 'mistake' option. Items returned probably don't have any damage at all.[/QUOTE]That's a mistake in their system that needs to be fixed. If it's canceled because they made a mistake, "damaged" isn't the right outcome for canceling/closing out the trade-in.

I wonder if my trade in is going slow because of all the PS2's. Noram received my games last Thursday, it's never taken them this long to give me credit.

Its certainly an incorrect way of communicating the issue.

Those of you that have received the 'Damaged' notification may be able to get an extra detail. Log in to your account, view your trade, and to the right of your damaged trade there may be a link that says 'Learn more'. Click on that link and tell us what it says. Here is an example of what one of my 'Damaged' games says...

Your item was inspected and found to not be in Good condition for the following reason:

• Damaged - cracked

Your item was inspected and found to not be in Good condition for the following reason:

Damaged item

That's what is says for my PS3 when the Amazon CSR rep knew it was the power cable specifically.

:360:Oblivion GOTY TIV is up to $20.

I picked it up in the clearance endcap late last year for $7.xx. I have 2 copies of Oblivion so letting one go won't bother me much :D

I also locked in the high TIV for my :ps2: but haven't sent it in. After reading some of y'alls experience, I think I'll cancel now.

[quote name='htown01']:360:Oblivion GOTY TIV is up to $20.

I picked it up in the clearance endcap late last year for $7.xx. I have 2 copies of Oblivion so letting one go won't bother me much :D
[/QUOTE]

25 at best buy

Well, the status of my PS2 trade in states: RETURNED, Condition: UNACCEPTABLE. When I click the "Learn More" link it says "Your item was inspected and found to not be in Good condition for the following reason: Missing accessory"

I included the PS2 in the original box with the Sony power cord, the Sony Audio/Video cord, a Sony Dualshock controller (not the original black one but a translucent gray one) and the instruction manual and DualShock manual.

So what did I miss? (I even used the instruction manual to confirm the original contents)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back