Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:
-- BlueLobstah
-- CheapAssGamer
THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about NORAM smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 06/07/2011)
Can I post a question on this thread?
  • Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.
Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
  • You bet! Up top there is a section for notable TIVs - feel free to add anything in there (and if you can remember, clean up after yourself in a few days when the TIV has undoubtedly dropped). You can edit the FAQ too, please just make sure it's useful and well formatted! Thanks!
Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
  • The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.
What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
  • Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.
Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
  • Yes.
Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.
Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
  • Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.
Can I send in sealed games?
  • Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.
Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
  • UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.
I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
  • Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
    NorAm International
    22 Hampshire Dr
    Hudson, NH 03051
    (This is also an option when submitting your trades)
When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
  • You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!
Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
  • Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.
How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
  • From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.
How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 6/8/11)
  • Usually a day or with little delay at all, but the longest reported days so far is 4.
My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
  • People have received credit on a Saturday.
I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.
I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!
My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
  • This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.
My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
  • It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!
My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
  • It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.
I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
  • If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.
The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
  • This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.
I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
  • Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.
Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
  • Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.
How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
  • Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.
I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).
Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
  • It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.
So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
  • Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.
Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
  • Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.
What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
  • The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
    LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.
Can I edit a submitted trade?
  • Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.
Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
  • Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.
Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
  • According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.
Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
  • Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)
I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!
What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
    • Good Condition eligibility (games):
    • - The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
      - Game still plays perfectly
      - Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

[*]Acceptable eligibility (games):

- Game still plays perfectly
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
      - Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

[*]Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:

- Game does not play perfectly
      - Disc is cracked
      - Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)
    Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.
Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.
Who is AFS? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Not sure yet, but that's the name on the trade-in shipping labels now instead of NORAM. May just be NORAM with a different name. This will be updated as we learn more.
Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xcefkevin']I tried looking through the past couple of pages, found some info but it doesn't hurt asking anyway I guess. Still looking to sell my copy of Ratchet and Clank that came with the PS3 bundle. I know Amazon won't accept it with the Not for Resale on it. But is there anyway to get around it? I've found a picture of a bar code, but doubt I could just slip it over the cover. Are there covers online that you could print out? Has anyone found one? Any advice or information on what I could do would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

While probably not the most ethical route....

what you could do is go to a Gamestop and find a used copy of the game, then switch the covers and return the copy with the Not for Resale back to Gamestop. Or, instead of switching the covers, just print something off the internet and put it in the copy you return back to Gamestop in place of the actual cover.

They'd have no way of knowing, in either event, that it was you who did that.

[quote name='MikeE021286']While probably not the most ethical route....

what you could do is go to a Gamestop and find a used copy of the game, then switch the covers and return the copy with the Not for Resale back to Gamestop. Or, instead of switching the covers, just print something off the internet and put it in the copy you return back to Gamestop in place of the actual cover.

They'd have no way of knowing, in either event, that it was you who did that.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a shady act since GS doesn't care about UPC's when it comes to used games. They buy/sell CE's (without the UPC's) at the same price as a standard one anyway. It's just whether you want to go the extra step to do the trade in for AMZ.

Wonder how much Gamestop is actually offering for the game? Gamestop is sadly 25 mins away from my house. So If I have to travel down there I might as well just trade it in there.

[quote name='io']Absolutely do not worry about it - cancel at will. I've canceled probably 40-50 trade-ins. Sometimes I've locked the same game in and canceled it 3 or 4 times. Sometimes the price actually goes up or sometimes I just cancel/resubmit to extend the mailing period (assuming the value stays the same). Other times I just decide to keep a game or maybe even sell it (or trade it to Best Buy instead). It is always good to cancel as we aren't sure if you get your "slot" back if you let it expire. By "slot" I mean one of your 2 copies per year on that title. You never know - you may find it dirt cheap later and want to do another trade. To be absolutely safe, though, if you are just doing the 1 copy of AC:R, simply make another trade-in submission. When that shows on your trade-in history as valid (or you get the confirmation email), then cancel the older one. The reason I say that is that sometimes the value will drop while you are checking out and you end up with a lower price at the end (this has happened to me a few times).[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this post, I cancelled my current order and resumitted it because I needed more time. I have a question though. The value on my items increased (which is awesome), but if I didn't cancel would I have gotten those increased values? I know if I buy something and the price drops, I get the lower price, but do I get the increased TIV?

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Thank you for this post, I cancelled my current order and resumitted it because I needed more time. I have a question though. The value on my items increased (which is awesome), but if I didn't cancel would I have gotten those increased values? I know if I buy something and the price drops, I get the lower price, but do I get the increased TIV?[/QUOTE]

You get the exact price that is listed on your trade-in confirmation. If the TIV drops while you're shipping it in, you still get the price you locked in, not the lower TIV. Likewise, if the TIV rises, you still get the price you locked in, not the higher TIV.

my trade in for Catherine got rejected cause I didn't have the cd. How long will it take to return and can I send it again but accept its lower value?

[quote name='snowmint']my trade in for Catherine got rejected cause I didn't have the cd. How long will it take to return and can I send it again but accept its lower value?[/QUOTE]

My rejected items have always come back to me pretty quick - generally about 4 days after getting notice (in the midwest). You can most definitely resend it at whatever the current value is. As always lock now and monitor values to make sure you get the best possible tiv.

I've had pretty good success with Amazon trade-in's until recently. I noticed that when I send in 2-3 games in a box, they all get accepted just fine. 100% success rate there. That's what I had been doing since they started their trade-in program.

Lately, when I've been sending in 6 games in one box (yes, nicely packed and everything), one or two games have been rejected even though they're in perfect condition. 0% success rate there. Both times I've done it I've had one or two games rejected.

Didn't see it in the FAQ, but does anyone know if I wanted to inquire about it, do I just hit up the regular Amazon customer service chat? Or is there a special Noram/whatever customer service area that I can't find? Thanks in advance.

You're supposed to use the regular Amazon customer service.

I traded in $300 worth of credit in the past two weeks and haven't had any problems with any of my games as of yet.

[quote name='snowmint']my trade in for Catherine got rejected cause I didn't have the cd. How long will it take to return and can I send it again but accept its lower value?[/QUOTE]

When you say the cd are you talking about the game disc? I sent in two from the last B2G1 from gamestop but neither copy had anything special about them. Just game and manual.

Just a heads up for anyone looking to trade in Assassin's Creed Revelations :360: - the _only_ version currently with a tiv is listed as "Standard with TriOviz 3d Glasses". The "Standard" version (upc 008888526841) that I think everyone on the planet has is not available for trade-in presently. I'll send mine in anyways, but ymmv for sure if they end up taking it.

[quote name='handsomepete']Just a heads up for anyone looking to trade in Assassin's Creed Revelations :360: - the _only_ version currently with a tiv is listed as "Standard with TriOviz 3d Glasses". The "Standard" version (upc 008888526841) that I think everyone on the planet has is not available for trade-in presently. I'll send mine in anyways, but ymmv for sure if they end up taking it.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, Amazon sent me the one (Standard w/ TriOviz 3d glasses) during BF, so I think that's the one they were selling until they ran out. Not sure if they're going to switch the TIV over to the new one they're selling now, though.

I have a question.
If I submit a trade in for the limit which is 2 but decide to just send none and let the deadline pass. Does that still counts as my limit and I would need to wait 3 months to trade them in?

sorry if im unclear

[quote name='luischav3z']I have a question.
If I submit a trade in for the limit which is 2 but decide to just send none and let the deadline pass. Does that still counts as my limit and I would need to wait 3 months to trade them in?

sorry if im unclear[/QUOTE]
you'll have to manually cancel it later on even if it expired to trade it in the future.

so my flips are sitting there. said they were delivered dec 1st. hopefully just taking their time. i was a day late past the 7day deadline for shipping, but didnt think that would cause a ruckus. crossing fingers. ugh

so la noire 360 complete is lower tiv than normal la noire 360. whatever ;)

Can I trade in my Walmart labeled copy of Asscreed Revelations ps3 to Amazon? There is a little Warmart box on the cover (b/c it was a special Walmart edition that came w/ the Brutus armor dlc code).

[quote name='handsomepete']Just a heads up for anyone looking to trade in Assassin's Creed Revelations :360: - the _only_ version currently with a tiv is listed as "Standard with TriOviz 3d Glasses". The "Standard" version (upc 008888526841) that I think everyone on the planet has is not available for trade-in presently. I'll send mine in anyways, but ymmv for sure if they end up taking it.[/QUOTE]
If and when we can start trading in the normal version:
Can I trade in my Walmart labeled copy of Asscreed Revelations ps3 to Amazon?
There is a little Warmart box on the cover (b/c it was a special Walmart edition that came w/ the Brutus armor dlc code).
The upc code on my Walmart edition is: 008888366843

[quote name='Velo214']so my flips are sitting there. said they were delivered dec 1st. hopefully just taking their time. i was a day late past the 7day deadline for shipping, but didnt think that would cause a ruckus. crossing fingers. ugh

so la noire 360 complete is lower tiv than normal la noire 360. whatever ;)[/QUOTE]

I had five packages delivered between Wed/Thurs and so far they've done two packages (Fri, Sat) so likely just taking their time. Might depend how large each package is too, as mine were just one game.

[quote name='PublikDefender']If and when we can start trading in the normal version:
Can I trade in my Walmart labeled copy of Asscreed Revelations ps3 to Amazon?
There is a little Warmart box on the cover (b/c it was a special Walmart edition that came w/ the Brutus armor dlc code).
The upc code on my Walmart edition is: 008888366843[/QUOTE]

If the actual UPC is different from the standard version everyone else has, you're out of luck from my experience.

[quote name='perfectsil']I know you can cancel a trade in but is this frowned upon by amazon? Do they have to pay ups anyway when I do cancel? I ask because I want to lock in the awesome tiv for AC:R but not sure I'll be done with the game in a week.[/QUOTE]

I do this often as I will see trade in values change sometimes for the better. Never heard a word.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']When you say the cd are you talking about the game disc? I sent in two from the last B2G1 from gamestop but neither copy had anything special about them. Just game and manual.[/QUOTE]

Amazon also just rejected my tradein for Catherine for missing artworks. I've send in the manual along with CD, but I guess Catherine come with some artworks.

[quote name='zxyannd']Amazon also just rejected my tradein for Catherine for missing artworks. I've send in the manual along with CD, but I guess Catherine come with some artworks.[/QUOTE]

Thats going to suck for me if it gets rejected. I tried talking to an amazon rep last night because when you view the page it shows them with a second disc and a little artwork thing. Apparently those were supposed to be preorder bonuses but the game never really sold out so all copies are still coming with them.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Thats going to suck for me if it gets rejected. I tried talking to an amazon rep last night because when you view the page it shows them with a second disc and a little artwork thing. Apparently those were supposed to be preorder bonuses but the game never really sold out so all copies are still coming with them.[/QUOTE]
Damn that would suck I sent them a 360 & PS3 copy last week, I know a lot of places don't sell it with the preorder bonus anymore does amazon still?

[quote name='person123']Damn that would suck I sent them a 360 & PS3 copy last week, I know a lot of places don't sell it with the preorder bonus anymore does amazon still?[/QUOTE]

Theres some posts on Catherine's page from back in Oct and Nov with people stating they still got them with their new copies from amazon. If mine get sent back I'm not sure entirely sure what the hell I'm going to do with them.

catherine I should be alright on but the two copies of Rage I submitted dont have the bonus code papers in them. Damn this might turn into a flip gone bad. ( I am sure some will love that)

Condition Good:

• The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
  • Game still plays perfectly
  • Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
  • Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

edit: crap I just checked my catherine and there is no "artwork". So now I have to assume that Catherine and Rage will get returned. A first for me.

edit 2:

Yep gonna be rejected folks...no music cd and artwork.....DAMN DAMN DAMN...http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-Alt..._5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1323103515&sr=1-5 That is what I get for being in such a damn hurry all the time.

catherinestandardPS3_glam.jpg

Last edited:
Your Rage should get accepted. The bonus DLC sheets don't count. I always take them out of the case before sending them (in case I or a friend needs a code in the future).

Looks like my Catherine's got rejected for the lack of artwork and sound disc as well. That's kinda ridiculous.

[quote name='CaseX']Your Rage should get accepted. The bonus DLC sheets don't count. I always take them out of the case before sending them (in case I or a friend needs a code in the future).

Looks like my Catherine's got rejected for the lack of artwork and sound disc as well. That's kinda ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. It sucks that catherine will be returned. I wonder if anyone knows the "acceptable" condition price at that time (about two weeks ago?). If so please post it and I will do the same.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Does anyone have any experience trading in Borderlands GOTY (XB360) with the token codes (as opposed to the DLC on a 2nd disk)? The UPC points to the only Borderlands GOTY that they have (which is the one with the 2nd disk). If I submit it, will it be rejected because there is no 2nd DLC disk?[/QUOTE]

To answer my own question... I submitted the Borderlands GOTY with DLC tokens (as opposed to 2nd disk) and it was rejected for "wrong edition" despite the fact that its UPC points to the GOTY edition with 2nd disk.

ATTENTION FOR ALL WHO GOT THEIR CATHERINE REJECTED

For those who Catherine was rejected for: talk to costumer service. I did and they promised to give me the difference once I resubmit the trade. I told them that the artbook/soundtrack were pre order only, so it does not count as a bundle and they agreed. Once I get them back I'm re sending them with option to downgrade then talking to customer service again since I know they will make the same mistake again. Should get the difference in promotional credit (My original trade in was for 32 a game).

[quote name='CaseX']Your Rage should get accepted. The bonus DLC sheets don't count. I always take them out of the case before sending them (in case I or a friend needs a code in the future).

Looks like my Catherine's got rejected for the lack of artwork and sound disc as well. That's kinda ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Off topic, but where did you guys get Rage so cheap? I'm looking to purchase one to play.:)

Sorry in advance if you guys aren't flipping Rage, but simply trading it. :)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Off topic, but where did you guys get Rage so cheap? I'm looking to purchase one to play.:)

Sorry in advance if you guys aren't flipping Rage, but simply trading it. :)[/QUOTE]

They are almost all flipping it. At gamestop, they got it during the b2g1. Catherine was $30 I think and rage was pretty cheap.

Were you in hibernation during BF because Rage was 29.99 for the anarchy edition @ newegg and 29.99 in a lot of places.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Off topic, but where did you guys get Rage so cheap? I'm looking to purchase one to play.:)

Sorry in advance if you guys aren't flipping Rage, but simply trading it. :)[/QUOTE]

The Rage I sent in was one I had pre-ordered and bought from Amazon to play. But, as pointed out above, it was also really cheap at Gamestop's B2G1 free sale. There is another B2G1 free sale this Thursday, I believe. Check the Gamestop thread.

[quote name='sylveranking']
For those who Catherine was rejected for: talk to costumer service. I did and they promised to give me the difference once I resubmit the trade.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

The Rage I sent in was one I had pre-ordered and bought from Amazon to play. But, as pointed out above, it was also really cheap at Gamestop's B2G1 free sale. There is another B2G1 free sale this Thursday, I believe. Check the Gamestop thread.

[quote name='sylveranking']For those who Catherine was rejected for: talk to costumer service. I did and they promised to give me the difference once I resubmit the trade. I told them that the artbook/soundtrack were pre order only, so it does not count as a bundle and they agreed. Once I get them back I'm re sending them with option to downgrade then talking to customer service again since I know they will make the same mistake again. Should get the difference in promotional credit (My original trade in was for 32 a game).[/QUOTE]

I got it "Like New" from warehouse deals, beat it, and traded it in. Since they denied it claiming "Acceptable" I'm just going to process a return for being the wrong condition :roll:

[quote name='herpderp118']anyone care to chime in what the difference between the two seemingly same exact game are:

trades in for 30
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002C0VNKC/?tag=scurker-20

trades in for 8
http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Nukem-Cr..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1323138638&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

Both the EAN and ASIN are different item numbers so they are different products. At one time there were three Duke Nukem DS games in the works, my guess is they created an item for each Critical Mass, Chain Reaction and whatever the third one was called, once the game finally came out two years later they either replaced the placeholder incorrectly or things changed to the point were they had to create a new item.

EDIT: How did you even find that? My searches result in squat.

[quote name='herpderp118']tivtracker.com

where does it list EAN? are either EAN or ASIN on the physical box itself so i know what i have?[/QUOTE]

You can type in the UPC when you search and the tiv associated with item will appear.

W00t. My catherine copies were accepted. I didnt have any soundtrack bonus items in my copies either so I was sweating bullets but I guess the inspection guy let it pass since the upc still matched.

[quote name='Donut2922']W00t. My catherine copies were accepted. I didnt have any soundtrack bonus items in my copies either so I was sweating bullets but I guess the inspection guy let it pass since the upc still matched.[/QUOTE]

Mine just got rejected DAMN!!

Don't get me wrong here I am glad you got yours accpeted but I am PO'd at amazon. I have emailed them now after reading your post and the one about resubmitting them as per customer service as the disc is only preorder stuff.

They need to be consistent is a point that I made in my email.

Heres hoping that I dont get banned as I just had another problem with them where it took a two weeks to mail something and they gave me credit on another order of a good amaount. But I hear they don't like people who bitch too much.

What is gamestops policy on selling games with missing discs as I am pissed at them too.

What was the TiV you guys got for Catherine? I locked it in just now for $27 in case I decide I don't want to keep the copy I just ordered from Gamefly for $17.99.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Will they reject a game brand new and in shrink wrap? Better to open it?[/QUOTE]

I generally open them simply to take certain inserts (like Club Nintendo codes) and to swap cases with used games I got from Gamestop or Blockbuster.

But I've sent them in sealed as well and it isn't a problem. I'd think that NorAm would actually prefer them sealed as they can sell them for more that way. This isn't Gamestop where they throw you out if you bring in sealed games (as if having them sealed or just opened outside the store makes a difference in you being a thief or not).

[quote name='Pliskin101']Mine just got rejected DAMN!!

Don't get me wrong here I am glad you got yours accpeted but I am PO'd at amazon. I have emailed them now after reading your post and the one about resubmitting them as per customer service as the disc is only preorder stuff.

They need to be consistent is a point that I made in my email.

Heres hoping that I dont get banned as I just had another problem with them where it took a two weeks to mail something and they gave me credit on another order of a good amaount. But I hear they don't like people who bitch too much.

What is gamestops policy on selling games with missing discs as I am pissed at them too.[/QUOTE]

If I were you I'd just do what the first rep told you. Online retailers document every single incident you contact them about. Any risk towards a ban down the line is not worth the TIV you're owed. Sounds like you're gonna get it anyway if you just do the resubmittal process the rep first told you to do. I wouldn't bother them more than once about an issue or else you just become a pest to them.

[quote name='io']What was the TiV you guys got for Catherine? I locked it in just now for $27 in case I decide I don't want to keep the copy I just ordered from Gamefly for $17.99.[/QUOTE]

I locked mine in for $33 a couple of weeks ago. I was just doing the GS B2G1 flip to get a free game when Catherine was $35 used.

[quote name='Donut2922']If I were you I'd just do what the first rep told you. Online retailers document every single incident you contact them about. Any risk towards a ban down the line is not worth the TIV you're owed. Sounds like you're gonna get it anyway if you just do the resubmittal process the rep first told you to do. I wouldn't bother them more than once about an issue or else you just become a pest to them.
.[/QUOTE]

yea i kind of over reacted. But to late now I did contact them again but I am regretting it now as like I said I had a bitch just in the last week as well. I can't blame them for my mistake and they have always been good to me. I will try to resubmit when I get them back if the tiv is good. If not I will have to take a loss or come out a little below even if I can get some peeps to buy them for around $23 ea.

In the meantime I plan on leaving customer service alone for a long time unless it is something very very important not some stupid mistake on my part or some small kine stuff.

:cry::whistle2:#

[quote name='Pliskin101']yea i kind of over reacted. But to late now I did contact them again but I am regretting it now as like I said I had a bitch just in the last week as well. I can't blame them for my mistake and they have always been good to me. I will try to resubmit when I get them back if the tiv is good. If not I will have to take a loss or come out a little below even if I can get some peeps to buy them for around $23 ea.

In the meantime I plan on leaving customer service alone for a long time unless it is something very very important not some stupid mistake on my part or some small kine stuff.

:cry::whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I think your follow up question with amazon was very valid. As long as the upc matched up, any preorder bonus should not have to be included. I think any complaint so long as it is valid should be communicated for the sake of customer service.

I only advise against asking for compensation where it isnt owed to you. A common example is a customer asking for a promo code even though LD's and preorder bonuses specifically state to wait 2 days. Some members feel the need to contact CS two hours after an order is placed. Impatience is such a problem with some folks here. Most bans were due to customers having a significant number of requests in a relatively close period of time it seemed. Past purchase history didnt help them even if they were big consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back