Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:
-- BlueLobstah
-- CheapAssGamer
THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about NORAM smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 06/07/2011)
Can I post a question on this thread?
  • Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.
Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
  • You bet! Up top there is a section for notable TIVs - feel free to add anything in there (and if you can remember, clean up after yourself in a few days when the TIV has undoubtedly dropped). You can edit the FAQ too, please just make sure it's useful and well formatted! Thanks!
Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
  • The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.
What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
  • Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.
Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
  • Yes.
Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.
Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
  • Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.
Can I send in sealed games?
  • Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.
Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
  • UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.
I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
  • Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
    NorAm International
    22 Hampshire Dr
    Hudson, NH 03051
    (This is also an option when submitting your trades)
When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
  • You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!
Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
  • Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.
How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
  • From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.
How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 6/8/11)
  • Usually a day or with little delay at all, but the longest reported days so far is 4.
My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
  • People have received credit on a Saturday.
I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.
I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!
My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
  • This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.
My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
  • It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!
My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
  • It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.
I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
  • If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.
The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
  • This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.
I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
  • Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.
Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
  • Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.
How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
  • Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.
I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).
Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
  • It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.
So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
  • Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.
Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
  • Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.
What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
  • The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
    LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.
Can I edit a submitted trade?
  • Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.
Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
  • Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.
Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
  • According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.
Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
  • Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)
I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!
What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
    • Good Condition eligibility (games):
    • - The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
      - Game still plays perfectly
      - Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

[*]Acceptable eligibility (games):

- Game still plays perfectly
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
      - Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

[*]Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:

- Game does not play perfectly
      - Disc is cracked
      - Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)
    Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.
Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.
Who is AFS? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Not sure yet, but that's the name on the trade-in shipping labels now instead of NORAM. May just be NORAM with a different name. This will be updated as we learn more.
Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sway']Bah, I still have a Platinum Wavebird new in box and that one only trades in for $6.50. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I suspect you'd have no issue selling that for over $50-60 on ebay fwiw.

um so is this a recent glitch or something? Tomb Raider games for PS1 getting $20 TIV seems not right to me.

Has this happened before? Do they actually give you that much credit?

[quote name='handsomepete']I suspect you'd have no issue selling that for over $50-60 on ebay fwiw.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather not use eBay due to some of the seller frustrations I've read. No biggie though.

I saw the tracker and came to post last night. Saw it was reported so I got to work locking in trades and pulling them from my scattered piles of games. I found around 35 games to trade in. Went to bed about 4AM. Now I just need to package them up.

noob question. If I select 'do not return' and they say it isn't 'acceptable' they still send it back right?

[quote name='slowdive21']I saw the tracker and came to post last night. Saw it was reported so I got to work locking in trades and pulling them from my scattered piles of games. I found around 35 games to trade in. Went to bed about 4AM. Now I just need to package them up.

noob question. If I select 'do not return' and they say it isn't 'acceptable' they still send it back right?[/QUOTE]

I believe this is correct (although I have yet to have it happen). If it doesn't meet one of the condition levels for whatever reason it should come back to you.

So far I'm only up to 7 or so (plus a pair of wavebirds I had in my basement), but it's a nice dreary day that looks perfect for going to the thrift store so why not? Too bad Shenmue II didn't get swept up in this - I've had this mint copy sitting around that I picked up on a whim forever ago and I can't seem to get rid of it.

p.s. protip - it seems new bumps have been happening this morning too, so it's worth rechecking. Something must've gone haywire with the magic auto adjuster.

[quote name='jer7583']um so is this a recent glitch or something? Tomb Raider games for PS1 getting $20 TIV seems not right to me.

Has this happened before? Do they actually give you that much credit?[/QUOTE]

They like to intentionally damage your stuff and send it back to you, actually.

Hey, I have never traded in a cartridge game to amazon before, so is their definition of "good" complete in box? I am trading in 7 games for 200 dollars, and it would be something like a 50 dollars difference if they downgrade it.

[quote name='vantheman']Hey, I have never traded in a cartridge game to amazon before, so is their definition of "good" complete in box? I am trading in 7 games for 200 dollars, and it would be something like a 50 dollars difference if they downgrade it.[/QUOTE]

Pre-DS cartridge games are pretty random - I've had N64 games accepted as Like New when it was cartridge only and "Billy" written in marker on the side. I've also had them rejected out of hand even when submitted as acceptable.

[quote name='cheeky']They like to intentionally damage your stuff and send it back to you, actually.[/QUOTE]

Is this still a major problem? I stopped following amazon TIV for this reason. My games stopped being sent back in the same condition or were blatantly other copies in worse condition.

[quote name='handsomepete']Pre-DS cartridge games are pretty random - I've had N64 games accepted as Like New when it was cartridge only and "Billy" written in marker on the side. I've also had them rejected out of hand even when submitted as acceptable.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm sure these high TIVS were an accident, as a lot if them are more than they go for on eBay lol! Most likely will get rejected, but would be awesome if they take them! To bad I don't have a Grape GBC...

I'm not seeing any outrageous TiVs for GBA games - they seem about right. Having said that, there are a few I can definitely part with for $30 (which is the max I saw even last night). And of course all my GBA games are complete so I had better not have any problems getting the "Good" values. There are a few on there that I might be tempted to keep or try to sell on eBay but the market for those is so variable (and heavily bootlegged) that I'd probably be better off getting $30 from Amazon. It is as close to a sure thing as I could get (though with some nervous reservations - I'll be super pissed if they destroy the boxes/manuals and send them back, for example).

The ones I'm on the fence about are Mario Kart Super Circuit and Metroid Fusion. It's not like I will ever play those, but they are "classics" so it is hard to part with them. On the other hand, I even have Metroid Fusion on my 3DS (part of the Ambassador program) so I really should be willing to part with that - it can cover part of that $80 extra I paid or getting a launch 3DS ;).

[quote name='io']I'm not seeing any outrageous TiVs for GBA games - they seem about right. Having said that, there are a few I can definitely part with for $30 (which is the max I saw even last night). And of course all my GBA games are complete so I had better not have any problems getting the "Good" values. There are a few on there that I might be tempted to keep or try to sell on eBay but the market for those is so variable (and heavily bootlegged) that I'd probably be better off getting $30 from Amazon. It is as close to a sure thing as I could get (though with some nervous reservations - I'll be super pissed if they destroy the boxes/manuals and send them back, for example).

The ones I'm on the fence about are Mario Kart Super Circuit and Metroid Fusion. It's not like I will ever play those, but they are "classics" so it is hard to part with them. On the other hand, I even have Metroid Fusion on my 3DS (part of the Ambassador program) so I really should be willing to part with that - it can cover part of that $80 extra I paid or getting a launch 3DS ;).[/QUOTE]

The tradeintracker doesn't keep everything on there after the next update, but the values are still holding on most of the items.

[quote name='io']I even have Metroid Fusion on my 3DS (part of the Ambassador program) so I really should be willing to part with that - it can cover part of that $80 extra I paid or getting a launch 3DS ;).[/QUOTE]

I am still trying to justify that purchase in my mind. I reserved 2 deluxe black wiiUs thinking that I can hopefully get rid of one and give me a buffer in case we get rooked on the price again as early adopters by nintendo.

[quote name='Toss']I am still trying to justify that purchase in my mind. I reserved 2 deluxe black wiiUs thinking that I can hopefully get rid of one and give me a buffer in case we get rooked on the price again as early adopters by nintendo.[/QUOTE]

I think it is much less likely with the Wii U considering the Deluxe is pretty much already sold on on preorders. The 3DS was never like that - plenty to go around on launch day. Plus $350 for a console with a $50 game included and this "premium" service (whatever that will be) is a bit better than $250 for a handheld with none of that.

i posted a couple pages back about sending my 3ds off to amazon and the ups tracking showed it not moving from my state for over a week. well looks like this is finally settled. here's the story

i shipped the package out on aug 23rd. after a week of UPS tracking showing it at a standstill i gave UPS a call on aug 31st. they said i had to call amazon so i did so. they put me on hold while calling UPS and informed me that it might still be in transit but not being scanned, could have been lost, etc. amazon gave me the usual it could take up to 10 business days (which would have been the sept 6th i believe) for them to receive it. and if my trade-in status doesnt change by sept 23rd (1 month after shipping) to give them a call and they'd give me the full trade-in price (which was $100)

so this morning i woke up and had an email from amazon saying the trade-in has expired because they did not receive it within 25 days. i gave them a call to see what's up. they tried to tell me they actually received it on sept 2nd, but it was past the deadline so they shipped it back to me. i called bullshit, that i just received a past the deadline email and that trying to tell me sept 2nd being past the deadline is ridiculous anyway. i asked for a supervisor

after being placed on hold for about 10 minutes i was informed they'd give me a $100 promo credit (not a gift card) for use on future purchases. kind of disappointing cause i was hoping to place the gift card towards some preorders, and the promo credit doesnt cover tax/shipping. but not a big deal since it doesnt expire or anything like that, and christmas is coming up anyway.

this was the first time ive used their trade in program. even though in the end i pretty much got what i expected ($100 credit for my 3ds) i doubt ill use it again because it's been nothing but a hassle

the only upside to this whole thing would be if they really did receive/send back my 3ds, but im pretty sure that was just a lie

[quote name='Supreme0ne']i posted a couple pages back about sending my 3ds off to amazon and the ups tracking showed it not moving from my state for over a week. well looks like this is finally settled. here's the story

i shipped the package out on aug 23rd. after a week of UPS tracking showing it at a standstill i gave UPS a call on aug 31st. they said i had to call amazon so i did so. they put me on hold while calling UPS and informed me that it might still be in transit but not being scanned, could have been lost, etc. amazon gave me the usual it could take up to 10 business days (which would have been the sept 6th i believe) for them to receive it. and if my trade-in status doesnt change by sept 23rd (1 month after shipping) to give them a call and they'd give me the full trade-in price (which was $100)

so this morning i woke up and had an email from amazon saying the trade-in has expired because they did not receive it within 25 days. i gave them a call to see what's up. they tried to tell me they actually received it on sept 2nd, but it was past the deadline so they shipped it back to me. i called bullshit, that i just received a past the deadline email and that trying to tell me sept 2nd being past the deadline is ridiculous anyway. i asked for a supervisor

after being placed on hold for about 10 minutes i was informed they'd give me a $100 promo credit (not a gift card) for use on future purchases. kind of disappointing cause i was hoping to place the gift card towards some preorders, and the promo credit doesnt cover tax/shipping. but not a big deal since it doesnt expire or anything like that, and christmas is coming up anyway.

this was the first time ive used their trade in program. even though in the end i pretty much got what i expected ($100 credit for my 3ds) i doubt ill use it again because it's been nothing but a hassle

the only upside to this whole thing would be if they really did receive/send back my 3ds, but im pretty sure that was just a lie[/QUOTE]

if they did send it back, you should have a tracking number in the trade-in log for the item. Also promotional credit is non taxable, so there's that as a bonus.

my trade-in log just says "expired"
i do have the tracking number from when i sent it, but all it says is the same thing it always has, that it reached a facility in my own state and hasnt moved.

wasnt aware of the non-tax on promo credit though, thanks

Just a friendly reminder to anyone participating in the bizarre old school game bump shenanigans, many values have held steady through this morning so be sure to relock, especially if you're sourcing games from ebay/amz marketplace/etc.

Sadly the GC wavebird tivs did bottom out, but I sent two in yesterday. That'd be a nice treat if they were accepted.

[quote name='handsomepete']Just a friendly reminder to anyone participating in the bizarre old school game bump shenanigans, many values have held steady through this morning so be sure to relock, especially if you're sourcing games from ebay/amz marketplace/etc.

Sadly the GC wavebird tivs did bottom out, but I sent two in yesterday. That'd be a nice treat if they were accepted.[/QUOTE]

Re-reminder to re-relock. Since the values have held this long either a. it wasn't actually a big mistake or b. not very many people have submitted trades meaning the odds are getting a little bit better. I have two wavebirds processing currently and have a small army of games to send in today, so I'm relocking everything this morning to buy extra hunting time.

[quote name='Sway']Bah, I still have a Platinum Wavebird new in box and that one only trades in for $6.50. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I sold a sealed one for about $80 on ebay not that long ago. I know you said you don't do ebay but just an FYI.

Does anyone here know whether or not Amazon will sap your money out for the credit you should recieve from a trade-in if you have a big debt with "Bill Me Later"? I assume not... but I can't help but be worried that they'd try to "collect" using my credit. Although I guess that's not the same, so most likely I'm still good I assume.

Getting ready to send in a ton of old games to try and get Resident Evil 6 CE for 360. And maybe some other stuff. Not sure if I want to trade in the box & instructions though... I would hate to do that because it's much easier to get a complete set again if you keep the box. But I'm counting on getting the full $30 and I really don't want them to be downgraded to $20...

My list includes:

Metroid Fusion - $30
Skies of Arcadia Legends - $29.85
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - $30
Super Mario Bros. DX - $30
Mega Man Zero 2 - $30
FFV Advance: $30
Jet Force Gemini: $30
Resident Evil 2 (GameCube) - $30
Pokemon Stadium (N64) - $30

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - $30
Zelda: Oracle of Ages - $30.00
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - $30.00
Cubivore - $30
Metroid Prime Trilogy - $30

The latter list I most likely will NOT be trading in (no way I'll part with Prime Trilogy for only $30. And the Oracle games I really want to review before they get re-released, plus I think they're quite rare to find boxed and in mint condition like I have them).

[quote name='astrotriforce']Does anyone here know whether or not Amazon will sap your money out for the credit you should recieve from a trade-in if you have a big debt with "Bill Me Later"? I assume not... but I can't help but be worried that they'd try to "collect" using my credit. Although I guess that's not the same, so most likely I'm still good I assume.

Getting ready to send in a ton of old games to try and get Resident Evil 6 CE for 360. And maybe some other stuff. Not sure if I want to trade in the box & instructions though... I would hate to do that because it's much easier to get a complete set again if you keep the box. But I'm counting on getting the full $30 and I really don't want them to be downgraded to $20...

My list includes:

Metroid Fusion - $30
Skies of Arcadia Legends - $29.85
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - $30
Super Mario Bros. DX - $30
Mega Man Zero 2 - $30
FFV Advance: $30
Jet Force Gemini: $30
Resident Evil 2 (GameCube) - $30
Pokemon Stadium (N64) - $30

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - $30
Zelda: Oracle of Ages - $30.00
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - $30.00
Cubivore - $30
Metroid Prime Trilogy - $30

The latter list I most likely will NOT be trading in (no way I'll part with Prime Trilogy for only $30. And the Oracle games I really want to review before they get re-released, plus I think they're quite rare to find boxed and in mint condition like I have them).[/QUOTE]

Cubivore is also worth more than $30 if it's complete.

Yes it is complete, right that's another one I wouldn't sell. I also don't know if I'd sell Circle of the Moon, but I haven't looked it up on ebay yet to see what it's going for.

I saw this thread this morning and saw some of the high values and decided to go through some of my games.
I submitted a trade in for these games:

Complete with case and instructions:
Red Dead Revolver (Xbox)- $30.00
Doom 3 (Xbox)- $30.00
Roller Coaster Tycoon (Xbox)- $30.00

Disc only games, submitted as acceptable:
Donal Duck Goin Quackers (GC)- $20.35
Simpsons Hit and Run (Xbox)- $21.00
Megaman Anniversary (GC)- $11.50
Jak 3 (PS2)- $1.20

The disc only games I got free somewhere because they were disc only. The other games I think I paid about $13.00 for. If they all are accepted I will get 144.05 and will be very very happy.

I sent in 3 orders for around $1200. I've been trying to get rid of my N64 collection, so hopefully they accept these trade-ins.

I also noticed some insane trade value on some games today.

Getting ready to send in Simpsons hit and run and clone wars for $30 a pop each tiv!

How are you guys sending in more than one game a time? I know they provide the label but does it cover the weight etc of multiple games. (ive only sent one at a time in bubble mailer before)

Guess I should be going to Gamestop to pick up all these games? Those xbox games are all sub $10 and trade in for $30 @ amazon. This can't be right.

red dead revolver - 4.99
doom 3 - 9.99
roller coaster tycoon - 9.99

[quote name='guyver2077']I also noticed some insane trade value on some games today.

Getting ready to send in Simpsons hit and run and clone wars for $30 a pop each tiv!

How are you guys sending in more than one game a time? I know they provide the label but does it cover the weight etc of multiple games. (ive only sent one at a time in bubble mailer before)[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, it's prepaid, let them handle all that.

[quote name='roundhouse']Guess I should be going to Gamestop to pick up all these games? Those xbox games are all sub $10 and trade in for $30 @ amazon. This can't be right.

red dead revolver - 4.99
doom 3 - 9.99
roller coaster tycoon - 9.99[/QUOTE]

Gamestop hasn't sold xbox games in stores in years.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Gamestop hasn't sold xbox games in stores in years.[/QUOTE]

Lol well that settles that. But why are they still listed on the website then?

So my $49.10 Wavebird got declined even though it was near flawless condition, but amazon credited me the full amount anyways and wants to send it back to me.

Best costumer support ever.

[quote name='roundhouse']Lol well that settles that. But why are they still listed on the website then?[/QUOTE]
Big ol' warehouse vs. lil' store maybe? Just a thought.

[quote name='roundhouse']I don't understand how these values can be so high. Is it a glitch or something?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is a glitch. If you look at the selling prices for many of these, they are pretty high right now (on Amazon at least). I was about to send a few in when I checked the prices and figured I could do much better selling them myself - especially for ones I still have new/sealed. A few others I might be able to do slightly better on but I figured the ease of sending them to Amazon outweights the slightly higher cash value I might get if all goes well.

I do have a box of 3 GBA games (all mint/complete and one still sealed) on the way to Amazon. They better not mess with those and return them damaged! I just resubmitted 2 more along with some Gamecube games I dug out of the closet.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Is it common to have some items marked completed and others still 'processing' if they all came in the same package?[/QUOTE]

I usually have that happen when I send in GBA games loose in the box.

[quote name='guyver2077']I also noticed some insane trade value on some games today.

How are you guys sending in more than one game a time? I know they provide the label but does it cover the weight etc of multiple games. (ive only sent one at a time in bubble mailer before)[/QUOTE]

You can generate multiple labels from the 'print shipping label' screen if you need to. But yes, one label is good for a tugboat of weight if you need it to be.

its too bad there is a such a big disparity between trade in values.

Crazy to see some random games at $30 and then mostly everything under a $1

I'm sending in my PSone tomorrow. I have a feeling it will be rejected even though I put do not return item.

These TIV have forced me to go through some of my stuff. Apparently I have 16 N64s, not counting the boxed ones and the different colored ones. :lol:

[quote name='slowdive21']
Apparently I have [highlight]16 N64s[/highlight], not counting the boxed ones and the different colored ones. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:shock:

And here I thought I was bad with my single tote and then 4-5 closet shelves full of Gamecube, PS2, and GBA games that I bought and for the most part never opened. This TiV spike is going to spur me to sell a few of those, though - so that's a good thing. Clearing out space and getting money back for stuff that I paid for many years ago is always a win-win. Hell, I'll probably end up with a better return then if I had invested that same money in the stock market ;).

Of course I bought all that stuff (mostly on the cheap) with the intention of playing it. But I need to face reality and admit that I will never, ever, play 95% of that stuff and neither will any of my kids. We're now about to be 2 generations ahead of that stuff and I have piles of 360/PS3/Wii games accumulated since then as well. Yeah, time to get rid of anything worth more than a few bucks and which doesn't have particular sentimental/collection appeal (I will keep most of my RPGs).

I actually fired up Mario Kart Super Circuit on my 3DS (which I got as part of the Ambassdor program) to see if I had any interest in keeping my complete GBA copy. It literally hurt my eyes to play Mario Kart with such crappy graphics. I had no problem sending in the GBA cart to Amazon for $30 after that. I really can't see myself or my kids playing it again and if I really feel the need I do have that virtual copy. I suppose the reason to keep stuff like that would be simply that it is a Mario game and has some collectability appeal. But it has been sitting in a dark closet for years, so yeah...

I think 30 bucks is the payoff considering collectors appeal, unless it is one of your unopened ones. Ironically stuff I was thinking of ebaying in a package deal ends up being worth more than the dslite that was the main thing in the package. I've fired up my game cube with gba adapter and played a couple GBA game I'm sending to amazon. They are so rudimentary but yet impressive that they fit so much on a cart back then. Must've been s cool when it came out.

The only older game I had on hand was a copy of Castlevania: Circle of the Moon for GBA, cart only. The TIV for that is $30 (although I'll get $21 for it being cart only).

The game is selling for only a few bucks, somewhere under $10. I was thinking about locking in more trade-ins and buying a few more copies of the game.

Anyone buy games specifically to trade in? Anyone actually get the money for these odd values yet?

[quote name='Yamato']The only older game I had on hand was a copy of Castlevania: Circle of the Moon for GBA, cart only. The TIV for that is $30 (although I'll get $21 for it being cart only).

The game is selling for only a few bucks, somewhere under $10. I was thinking about locking in more trade-ins and buying a few more copies of the game.

Anyone buy games specifically to trade in? Anyone actually get the money for these odd values yet?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm wondering. Any east coast cags who sent quickly could be find in out about now.

I have a few games that are going for $30 but I'm not sure what I'll do. A few of them I could easily part with but one or two I'm not sure about.

It's a tough choice between holding on to games that I never ever play or getting credit for something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back