Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth I've probably traded in >$500 worth of stuff and never had a problem at all. It's been everything from shrink wrapped Target stuff with the clearance sticker still on it to a dirty N64 game with some kid's name written on it and no case / box to a fairly scratched up 360 game with a broken case. My packing is also fairly lackluster (usually a reused amazon box with some newspaper or something wadded up in the open areas). That's clearly ymmv but I suspect the people that have had a lot of trouble with noram are in the minority.

[quote name='Gbear09']I'm turning in some games soon to Amazon, and some of the games have a few small scratches but otherwise play perfectly. Should I be concerned that they won't be accepted? Should I go to Gamecrazy and use some of my free buffs?[/QUOTE]

Looks like everyone here has their own experiences. I've probably traded over 100 games and DVDs and had only 1 old Xbox game rejected, which was scratched a lot and the case wasn't in the best shape. My experience is that if it has light or even moderate scratches you're fine. They're also good about taking media with upc notches/scratches, and so on.

Sorry about the issues with the tracker, but it's back up now. Apparently my host made a mistake when recompiling PHP that disabled a module I was using. :roll:

I went ahead and forced a refresh, so the database had to "catch up" with all the changes made to Amazon over the past few days. You may experience some slowness today if you try to access the tracker page as there have been over 3000 changes since last Friday.

Again, if there are any other issues in the future please don't hesitate to PM me.

[quote name='handsomepete']Did it actually keep the new values? I've found that even though it displays the updated values when you edit it, when you submit it everything goes back to the values that you originally submitted at (be it higher or lower). If this has changed that'd be good news - there's been a couple situations that if I could've tricked it into adjusting to current values I would've gotten an extra $5-10.[/QUOTE]

I think I didn't actually keep the trade - since I wanted to extend the mail-in period I ended up cancelling it and just resubmitting the same games. So I can't answer that definitively.

[quote name='handsomepete']For what it's worth I've probably traded in >$500 worth of stuff and never had a problem at all. It's been everything from shrink wrapped Target stuff with the clearance sticker still on it to a dirty N64 game with some kid's name written on it and no case / box to a fairly scratched up 360 game with a broken case. My packing is also fairly lackluster (usually a reused amazon box with some newspaper or something wadded up in the open areas). That's clearly ymmv but I suspect the people that have had a lot of trouble with noram are in the minority.[/QUOTE]

I just use Amazon boxes with some paper around them too. They are not getting damaged in transit. Either they are damaging them when opening them or they are not really damaged and either they are just making mistakes or doing it for the sake of rejection.

It always seemed like they were fairly tolerant of disc condition but fairly picky about cover art/manual. NorAm's web site advertized a disc-refurb service so I think they can handle slightly scratched discs.

But like I said earlier, I, too, have not had much problem with them with over 100 games sent in - though everything I've sent in is in good-to-excellent condition. I currently have 3 packages on the way and 3 more to send, so hopefully things haven't changed. We seem to have had an increase in the amount of "issues", though that may simply be due to more people sending in games once again. It seemed like it died off there for a while as people waited for new promos. But now people are probably saying to hell with it and sending more games in. Also, their prices seem to have improved somewhat compared to the competition. For the most part, the stuff I'm sending in is better off going to Amazon than to GS even with the tiered or extra $5 for PS3 game promos. It might be $1 or so less on a few, but the Amazon credit is worth more to me anyway. I almost used all my credit up from the 100+ games I sent in Aug/Sept just on Black Friday related purchases!

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Sorry about the issues with the tracker, but it's back up now. Apparently my host made a mistake when recompiling PHP that disabled a module I was using. :roll:

I went ahead and forced a refresh, so the database had to "catch up" with all the changes made to Amazon over the past few days. You may experience some slowness today if you try to access the tracker page as there have been over 3000 changes since last Friday.

Again, if there are any other issues in the future please don't hesitate to PM me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot BlueLobstah! Your hard work is much appreciated! Time to go look for some good flips :D

They finally accepted my other trade that sat at their facility doing nothing for days. Will be calling them tonight about the fake damaged games that they expect me to resend to them after they get back to me since they did not answer my 2nd email. Amazon will probably get worst retailer of the year from me. And for what it's worth I clean every game case & disc and replace any cases that have any type of damage, and ship everything with plenty of air packets. Doesn't matter when they lie.

Well, just now I got an unexpected email - the first of my wave of submissions was accepted! It was earlier than expected since I mailed it out on Black Friday and UPS didn't pick up Ground packages then so it sat in the UPS store till Monday night when it finally went out. Usually it is 8 days from here so that's a bit faster than I expected, especially given the volume of packages they are dealing with now.

Also, this was a submission where I only sent in one of the two games - got the one accepted no problem and the the other marked as "Not Yet Received". So this still seems to be a valid way of dealing with modifying your order when you want to exclude something yet the values have dropped on the others (as the game I sent in dropped nearly $10 before I sent it off!).

[quote name='io']Also, this was a submission where I only sent in one of the two games - got the one accepted no problem and the the other marked as "Not Yet Received". .[/QUOTE]

cool im about to do that--was wondering if it would work

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Sorry about the issues with the tracker, but it's back up now. Apparently my host made a mistake when recompiling PHP that disabled a module I was using. :roll:

Again, if there are any other issues in the future please don't hesitate to PM me.[/QUOTE]

thanks. i was getting worried..

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Sorry about the issues with the tracker, but it's back up now. Apparently my host made a mistake when recompiling PHP that disabled a module I was using. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what he said, but I'm glad he fixed it.

Noticed something a little interesting. I had created a new Amazon account as discussed previously, and a couple of days ago I had sent out 3 packages, two to the new account and one to the old account. The two that went to the new account (5 games total) were all received and accepted today. The one that went to the old account (4 games total) was received but not accepted today. I wonder if you get a reputation and they look at stuff closer or if they cut more slack for "new accounts".

It might not mean much, but it was still an observation I found interesting.

You sir are a prince among men.

I think they might take longer for smaller packages as my multiple game package and 1 game package arrived at the same exact time and one was processed the same/next day while the other took another 2 days not including Sunday.

Nope.

They checked my 2 one-game-mailers in in on.. Saturday, whereas it took till a few hours ago for them to process my multi-game box and 1 one-game-mailer.

2 days difference, but they all arrived at the same time.

Annoying to say the least.

[quote name='J7.']They finally accepted my other trade that sat at their facility doing nothing for days. Will be calling them tonight about the fake damaged games that they expect me to resend to them after they get back to me since they did not answer my 2nd email. Amazon will probably get worst retailer of the year from me. And for what it's worth I clean every game case & disc and replace any cases that have any type of damage, and ship everything with plenty of air packets. Doesn't matter when they lie.[/QUOTE]

lol worst retailer of the year?

Amazon is probably my favorite retailer of the year.
ECA discounts plus the 10$,5$,20$ credits. Tekken 6 limited edition for 30$. Amazon is pure win. Also all my trades in were accepted. My 3 copies of HOTD, my 1 copy of medieval games, my copies of NHl2010,NFL2010. Amazon gets A+++++++++ from me.

thanks for updating me everyone, last question, about how many games constitutes a pound? I'm trying to figure out how many packages I'll need to ship

In doing trade-ins with various companies I can say that you will find the good and the bad with all of them. I don't think you can lump Amazon & NorAm together, because Amazon has been incredible this year, but NorAm has not contributed much to that success. No matter what retailer I have dealt with on trade-ins I've had them give me the wrong price, enter the wrong game, damage a game, etc. NorAm is no better than anyone else in that regard. Amazon dropping ECA hurts, but I know I've been happy with my purchases this year, and even though Amazon's customer service is third rate, they deliver in the end.

[quote name='Gbear09']thanks for updating me everyone, last question, about how many games constitutes a pound? I'm trying to figure out how many packages I'll need to ship[/QUOTE]

Why is this a concern? One submission should equal one package. It doesn't matter how much it weighs - UPS will charge NorAm whatever it appropriate for the shipment. In fact, I'm sure it is cheaper for them to have you send one big package than a lot of little ones.

[quote name='judgedee']lol worst retailer of the year?

Amazon is probably my favorite retailer of the year.
ECA discounts plus the 10$,5$,20$ credits. Tekken 6 limited edition for 30$. Amazon is pure win. Also all my trades in were accepted. My 3 copies of HOTD, my 1 copy of medieval games, my copies of NHl2010,NFL2010. Amazon gets A+++++++++ from me.[/QUOTE]
Yes worst. They don't stand behind their services. They screwed me out of $23.50 AND my games, and when I tell them they tell me to send them back in to them... ya.

[quote name='J7.']They finally accepted my other trade that sat at their facility doing nothing for days. Will be calling them tonight about the fake damaged games that they expect me to resend to them after they get back to me since they did not answer my 2nd email. Noram International will probably get worst retailer of the year from me. And for what it's worth I clean every game case & disc and replace any cases that have any type of damage, and ship everything with plenty of air packets. Doesn't matter when they lie.[/QUOTE]

fixed

And Amazon IS the BEST retailer of the year for me. After phone call and talking to a superior I was finally able to get a promo credit in the amount for my items. That said, I won't be trading anything into them again since if it happens again I would not get my rightfully owed funds back.

[quote name='J7.']And Amazon IS the BEST retailer of the year for me. After phone call and talking to a superior I was finally able to get a promo credit in the amount for my items. That said, I won't be trading anything into them again since if it happens again I would not get my rightfully owed funds back.[/QUOTE]

You really gotta learn to separate NorAM from Amazon.

[quote name='confoosious']You really gotta learn to separate NorAM from Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Well at first Amazon denied my request and told me to stupidly trade the games in to them a 2nd time once I got them back. This is with the website saying I would not get the games back either. If the games are cracked by Noram WTH would I trade them in again? They also originally denied my funds that others were able to get back for the same crap.

[quote name='J7.']Well at first Amazon denied my request and told me to stupidly trade the games in to them a 2nd time once I got them back. This is with the website saying I would not get the games back either. If the games are cracked by Noram WTH would I trade them in again? They also originally denied my funds that others were able to get back for the same crap.[/QUOTE]

You understand that Amazon giving you credit is a favor right? Technically, they don't have to do shit.

Yes I understand, but if they're going to work with a shady company then they should make things right. Amazon could've done things a lot better in who they work with and following what is happening more closely. They should realize by now how many people are reporting cracked games and other bs and take action against it so they don't have to pay their customers back.

I've traded 20 items in since June. Only 1 wasn't accepted (missing manual) and that was returned to me in a week. They offer the best prices, promos, and fast (free) shipping. No complaints from me.

I think I've traded about 20 games in and 2 were marked damaged. I find that each trade in place I use (GS, GC, TRU, AMZ) that it all depends on the game. In the past month each of those offerred more than the other for specific games. Promos are good when they have them, but they need more. Shipping is great. I just won't risk losing my entire trade + game again though.

I sent in 4 boxes last week. All have been received and only 1 got my credit to me.

Two of those packages were to ship on the date I took them to fedex drop off, but they did not leave that same day because their pick up time was 4pm. It still had the date shipped as the date it had to ship by so I am expecting credit especially since out of the 20 game, only 6 were not sealed.

Still a great tool. A couple of questions/requests:
1. Could you enhance the daily tracker to also be able to filter by platform (I really don't care for the changes in value for the Xbox/PS games :lol:, and I'm sure there are others who don't care for Wii games)?
2. Would it be much work to set up a similar tool for the DVD/Blu-Ray/HD DVD trade in values?

thx.

I saw it posted by someone a few pages back, but can someone confirm for me that you can now cancel your trade in and it will no longer count towards your 3 copies of each game you can trade? I have been holding the price of a couple games and this is the third time I've done it, but now the price on two of them has gone up. Can I now cancel the trade in and make a new one?

[quote name='tdonohu']I saw it posted by someone a few pages back, but can someone confirm for me that you can now cancel your trade in and it will no longer count towards your 3 copies of each game you can trade? I have been holding the price of a couple games and this is the third time I've done it, but now the price on two of them has gone up. Can I now cancel the trade in and make a new one?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was me - not good enough for you? ;).

In fact, I had a submission with 2 of one game. I cancelled that and resubmitted it right away. Then I realized I had another game I wanted to add so I cancelled that one and did it a third time. So that was 6 submissions of one game (with 4 cancelled) within about 15 minutes - no problems!

Just to be totally safe, though, since you only have 1 copy of each game currently submitted, make another submission with all of the same games which should work if your previous cancellations reset the counter. If it works out, simply cancel the older one. If not, for some reason (like they just changed the way it works tonight - you never know), then you still have the older one to use.

Too bad that William whatever guy pulled those orders, curious if anyone else saw the TIV of New Mario & Mario Kart DS drop to $2 and look to see who was selling it for $2. There was a new startup and he had 400 items all listed for $2 including those two games. I bought a bunch of them, but then the order outright disappeared. My credit was returned to me, so I guess no harm no foul. Now what is Gazelle going to think!

[quote name='converse']Too bad that William whatever guy pulled those orders, curious if anyone else saw the TIV of New Mario & Mario Kart DS drop to $2 and look to see who was selling it for $2. There was a new startup and he had 400 items all listed for $2 including those two games. I bought a bunch of them, but then the order outright disappeared. My credit was returned to me, so I guess no harm no foul. Now what is Gazelle going to think![/QUOTE]

There was someone that did the same thing yesterday (went by Paul then). I didn't place an order, because I knew it would either get canceled or I wouldn't get my money back. The guy was selling PS3's for $2.

[quote name='dino88']There was someone that did the same thing yesterday (went by Paul then). I didn't place an order, because I knew it would either get canceled or I wouldn't get my money back. The guy was selling PS3's for $2.[/QUOTE]

I took my chance with credit, figured if nothing else I might get cash back instead of the gift card. I guess they can just cancel any order without any notification -- oh well, that's what you get for trying to get the jump on someone. Honestly, at first I thought it was a promotional thing to try and get some traffic, I did the order and then looked afterwards to see what else he had and noticed it was everything for $2.

[quote name='converse']I took my chance with credit, figured if nothing else I might get cash back instead of the gift card. I guess they can just cancel any order without any notification -- oh well, that's what you get for trying to get the jump on someone. Honestly, at first I thought it was a promotional thing to try and get some traffic, I did the order and then looked afterwards to see what else he had and noticed it was everything for $2.[/QUOTE]
It's some kind of scam...not sure how, but it has to be. He just changed his name again, now its Luis L. Batz.

edit: I think when you place an order with a secondary seller, they get your email. Be wary of any emails you may get. They may try to make them look like they're from Amazon.

I haven't had much experience using UPS but I dropped a package off at a "The UPS Store" location on Nov 28th (with an estimated pickup date of Nov 30th). When I use the tracking number on the website, it's been sitting at "Billing information received" since it was dropped off. Is this common for UPS tracking and I should wait a few more days to hear from Amazon/NorAm or should I start to worry?

[quote name='Sway']I haven't had much experience using UPS but I dropped a package off at a "The UPS Store" location on Nov 28th (with an estimated pickup date of Nov 30th). When I use the tracking number on the website, it's been sitting at "Billing information received" since it was dropped off. Is this common for UPS tracking and I should wait a few more days to hear from Amazon/NorAm or should I start to worry?[/QUOTE]

I've had packages dropepd off with UPS that never showed up on the tracking website (and then Amazon's trade in page shows that shipment dateline has passed), but they still received the games in the end. I would say as long as you have your drop-off receipt, you should feel safe.

[quote name='dino88']It's some kind of scam...not sure how, but it has to be. He just changed his name again, now its Luis L. Batz.

edit: I think when you place an order with a secondary seller, they get your email. Be wary of any emails you may get. They may try to make them look like they're from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

edit: and now it's Dirk T. Wagner.

[quote name='basketb']Still a great tool. A couple of questions/requests:
1. Could you enhance the daily tracker to also be able to filter by platform (I really don't care for the changes in value for the Xbox/PS games :lol:, and I'm sure there are others who don't care for Wii games)?
2. Would it be much work to set up a similar tool for the DVD/Blu-Ray/HD DVD trade in values?

thx.[/QUOTE]

Would it help if I allow you to filter by system as well on the tracker page?

As far as DVD values are concerned, doing video games already puts some stress on my server and adding dvds would increase that by at least a factor of 10. I'd be willing to provide the source code and know how for anyone willing to take on the risk, but as it stands doing dvds as well just is not a viable option for me.

[quote name='converse']Thanks for the heads up!

edit: and now it's Dirk T. Wagner.[/QUOTE]

LOL, scammers are becoming obvious these days.

I had 42 games received by Amazon/NorAm yesterday, and all 42 were accepted. I think I've traded them a couple hundred games so far, and never had one rejected.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Would it help if I allow you to filter by system as well on the tracker page?[/QUOTE]
Sure.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']As far as DVD values are concerned, doing video games already puts some stress on my server and adding dvds would increase that by at least a factor of 10. I'd be willing to provide the source code and know how for anyone willing to take on the risk, but as it stands doing dvds as well just is not a viable option for me.[/QUOTE]
Understood and thanks for the source code offer. But if I was you, I wouldn't give it out since too many people using it may put some serious strain on amazon's servers as well (I assume you open many parallel connections to have a run complete in a reasonable amount of time).

[quote name='twinton']I had 42 games received by Amazon/NorAm yesterday, and all 42 were accepted. I think I've traded them a couple hundred games so far, and never had one rejected.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap that's a lot of games. What exactly are you flipping :O

[quote name='twinton']I had 42 games received by Amazon/NorAm yesterday, and all 42 were accepted. I think I've traded them a couple hundred games so far, and never had one rejected.[/QUOTE]

I can't even fathom how much Amazon credit that adds up to. I had to go through all of my trade-ins just now to make a guess. Too bad you can't use amazon credit on the marketplace, otherwise you could likely afford this (scroll down a little).

(shipping kills the deal)

[quote name='converse']Too bad that William whatever guy pulled those orders, curious if anyone else saw the TIV of New Mario & Mario Kart DS drop to $2 and look to see who was selling it for $2. There was a new startup and he had 400 items all listed for $2 including those two games. I bought a bunch of them, but then the order outright disappeared. My credit was returned to me, so I guess no harm no foul. Now what is Gazelle going to think![/QUOTE]

[quote name='dino88']It's some kind of scam...not sure how, but it has to be. He just changed his name again, now its Luis L. Batz.

edit: I think when you place an order with a secondary seller, they get your email. Be wary of any emails you may get. They may try to make them look like they're from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='converse']Thanks for the heads up!

edit: and now it's Dirk T. Wagner.[/QUOTE]

This all sounds very strange. What the hell are you guys talking about? :rofl:

I congratulate you, sir - you have outdone me by far ;).

[quote name='Miro']Holy crap that's a lot of games. What exactly are you flipping :O[/QUOTE]

I would imagine a lot of the HWV $4.99 sale games. I did a lot from there and a lot from GS back when the $30 promo deal was running.

[quote name='handsomepete']I can't even fathom how much Amazon credit that adds up to. I had to go through all of my trade-ins just now to make a guess.[/QUOTE]

I had over $1000 in Amazon credit but burned a big chunk during the BF sales. Because my credit was so "cheap" I splurged on a few things like the Beatles Stereo Box Set ($99.99). Throw in several game deals and a few other things and that credit can go fast.

[quote name='io']This all sounds very strange. What the hell are you guys talking about? :rofl:
[/QUOTE]

There's this person on Amazon's Marketplace advertising games (in NEW condition) for only $2 plus $3.99 shipping. I found games like Dragon Age: Origins, Mario Kart DS, etc. at that price, and others have found many more, including consoles. It's just a scam, presumably to get your CC details (not sure if Amazon releases these to the 3rd party sellers).

Anybody wants to take over the thread? Cheapyd asks me to create a new thread since this one is too big alredy...
I'm leaving USA soon, so I'm not going to have time to update anymore.. just pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back