Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to get them to try and check at my post office also. Thanks for the DC tip.

I hope Amazon doesnt try to short change any of my trades. I was able to find 10 copies of Endless Ocean, a Blue Blaze LE set and a few Phoenix Wright games. Drained my GS and had to use some cash but couldnt resist.

[quote name='slbrey'] None of you are experts on this and have n o right to tear me up just for haveing a bad expearience with this service...I have done plenty of online sales and have shipped many packages and never have I had this problem.[/QUOTE]I'd go check my feedback number before you start throwing out statements like that. Right over there on the left.

I've shipped hundreds of packages and only had one go missing, so yes, I think I know what I'm talking about. I think you just need to calm down and wait it out before you start worrying about your package going MIA.

From my four packages, it's gone from email showing delivery of the package from the USPS to the email from Amazon showing completion of the trade-in within two days. Shipment to them has been 4-6 days on average.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']How do you guys pack these games? I've been boxing them up and surrounding them in the packing peanuts. But I'm looking at alot of little plastic bags from BBV,HWV,GS etc. anyone think I can use them for stuffing?[/QUOTE]I've reused packing peanuts, brown paper packaging, bubble wrap, airpack, pretty much anything I have on-hand. Just make sure they won't move around in shipment and you should be good. I've reused Amazon boxes at least a couple of times, which I find to be a little ironic.

[quote name='J7.']How much do you guys insure your packages for, meaning, either:
-the value of their trade in value or
-their msrp or
-how much you paid for them?

What good is DC, I would think it wouldn't really help you with Noram. So I would just get insurance. I didn't get either on my first package, but may get insurance on this one.[/QUOTE]I insure it for what I'd be out from Amazon if the package didn't arrive, so that would be for the trade-in value. Insuring for what you paid for them would require you to show receipts for everything, same goes for MSRP.

DC shows the package made it to the postage due unit, which is where the package was going to. Insurance just covers if it gets damaged on the way there, not after it gets there and the DC shows delivery.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I've had them refuse on several occasions to even check, but good to know that I can get them to scan the barcode. I'll try this next time to see if I can get them to add it.[/QUOTE]The barcode is the big deal with them understanding about buying insurance and DC, since it shows them the class of pre-paid mailer you're using. Some classes of pre-paid mailer won't allow for the added DC & insurance, since I had two different USPS reps say that to me. Scanning the barcode and having them check the class of mailing label is the big step.

Does the credit ever expire. Or does anyone know how long giftcard credit lasts before expiring? I just found out my purchased giftcard apparently will expire, yet I have no idea when and it says nothing about this on the card. It's been almost a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this week's GS weekly coupon really puts a damper on any transfers to Amazon. It is just like last week's coupon, except the limit is 3 games at 25% off [highlight]and you have to buy Madden 10 to qualify[/highlight]. D'oh! #-o

Parasite Eve II
browse-icon-pstation._V47080418_.gif
PlayStation

Trade-in Value: $22.00

...and the trade-in DotD is as bad as the GS coupon.

Well, I'm relieved, actually, since I need to spend time getting all this stuff sent in and I don't need any more temptation ;).

All I remember from that game is getting to the deserted town and hearing (I think a woman) screaming over and over and over until you finally got into the room the sound was coming from. It was freaking me out by the end, like some lunatic who is getting unnerved by a clock ticking until he breaks it.

Ahem, that game is worth a lot more than that I take it? Atleast, in good condition. I always meant to go back and play them...the second was just scary enough to keep me from playing a lot(yeah, wimpy) that I never did.

[quote name='Geello']Was thinking of trading in my N64 games... but of course I have none of the game boxes. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

well they are alot more lenient on cases and manuals for older gen games. i traded in mario party 2 and 3 and bomberman 64, all just cartridges and they were all accepted. i'd say they'll almost definitely get accepted

[quote name='y2jasper']well they are alot more lenient on cases and manuals for older gen games. i traded in mario party 2 and 3 and bomberman 64, all just cartridges and they were all accepted. i'd say they'll almost definitely get accepted[/QUOTE]

That's good to know, thank ya. Will re-check into it.

Sorry for some of the previous posts of changes, I noticed that some of the items were showing up daily and that is because there are duplicate records for Amazon on the games showing two different values.

The only changes for yesterday to today were the DOTD's
PS Parasite Eve II from $11 to $22 for $11 gain
DS DK Jungle Climber from $20 to $10 for $10 drop

Well heres the next chapter in this wonderful expearience im having with amazon......

THEY GOT MY ORDER!!!!!!

BUT....

There claiming all 77 items have been rejected!

All my items were in supurb condition only thing missing was the factor sealed rapping and they are claiming every single one of my items have been rejected.....

Lets just say I gave them alittle ring o ling to get the facts straight and of course no real answer is givin to me and there gonna investigate the situation.

again I cant stress this enough...DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND!

[quote name='slbrey']Well heres the next chapter in this wonderful expearience im having with amazon......

THEY GOT MY ORDER!!!!!!

BUT....

All my items were in supurb condition only thing missing was the factor sealed rapping and they are claiming every single one of my items have been rejected.....

Lets just say I gave them alittle ring o ling to get the facts straight and of course no real answer is givin to me and there gonna investigate the situation.

again I cant stress this enough...DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND![/QUOTE]

77 items?!

[quote name='slbrey']There claiming all 77 items have been rejected![/QUOTE]
77 items = $250?! That's less than $3.50 a BD/game! Consider it a blessing in disguise, because you were ripping yourself off.

My order was received today; however, one of my games was rejected. Everything was in great condition except the insert was torn a little bit where the UPC is. They put "rejected-cracked" as the reason?? I don't know if that means the game disc or the case.

I called and complained, because the fact that it wasn't accepted left me with a trade-in credit of $52...short of the required $60 for the bonus $30 credit.

After explaining this to the guy on the phone, I first asked if they could just send all my games back. He said that wasn't possible since it had already been processed. Then after being put on hold for 10 mins, he told me he would credit my account for the value of the game $10.25, and forward my complaint to marketing then it would be up to them as to whether I would still receive the $30 bonus.

So, now I have to wait 24-48 hours for a response from the marketing dept to see if I get my $30 credit. I'll let you guys know what happens with that. Needless to say, I'm only going to trade-in at GS from now on...less of a hassel.

Most of the order was old Wrestling dvds to be honest...I dont watch them anymore and am willing to take what I can get its not a big thing....The blu-ray I got decent prices for....

I could see maybe 1 or two being rejected because of shipping but my whole order?

I will say the lady on the phone was very nice and said if she finds out my package came in damaged they will remedy the situation which is cool but this is alot of hassle.

[quote name='slbrey']Most of the order was old Wrestling dvds to be honest[/QUOTE]
Lol, they probably rejected it on principle alone. I mean, who would buy that crap. ;)

that would explain why I took so long for your items to process. 77 DVDs = a big box. Media mail is used to fill in empty spaces on the truck. your box probably just sat at a facility collecting dust. Hope it returns ok

[quote name='slbrey']DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND![/QUOTE]
Seems to me that there have been a lot of happy people, myself included, that have used his service. Sure there have been a few bad experiences, but overall, this is a great service that everybody should use as long as they keep having these great promotions.

Yes some people have had good standings but I have seen a number who have not and all it takes is one person....GameStop has always been fair with my trades and has never refused a trade for no good reason.

A new service like this should not be treating new customers like this especially if they wanna compete with a well established service.

Their acceptance policies seem inconsistent, but so far everything I've sent in has been accepted. I'm super happy with it as I'm going to be able to buy a new computer, finally, in part because of these trade-ins! EDIT: plus I'll get 3 x $30 off coupons! Still waiting on the first two, though. Presumably I should get them today and/or tomorrow.

Has anyone traded in a game that lacks a UPC, and if so have they had any issues with the game being accepted?

I have two games I'm looking to trade in. One is a copy of Halo 3 pulled from the Legendary Edition, that has no UPC code on the back of the case. Another is a copy of GT5 Prologue that I received from the PlayStation RLS program, which for some reason had a circular hole punched through the lower corner of the case, label, and UPC code.

[quote name='aheineken']My order was received today; however, one of my games was rejected. Everything was in great condition except the insert was torn a little bit where the UPC is. They put "rejected-cracked" as the reason?? I don't know if that means the game disc or the case.

I called and complained, because the fact that it wasn't accepted left me with a trade-in credit of $52...short of the required $60 for the bonus $30 credit.

After explaining this to the guy on the phone, I first asked if they could just send all my games back. He said that wasn't possible since it had already been processed. Then after being put on hold for 10 mins, he told me he would credit my account for the value of the game $10.25, and forward my complaint to marketing then it would be up to them as to whether I would still receive the $30 bonus.

So, now I have to wait 24-48 hours for a response from the marketing dept to see if I get my $30 credit. I'll let you guys know what happens with that. Needless to say, I'm only going to trade-in at GS from now on...less of a hassel.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the video game industry, but review copies of CDs and DVDs that media outlets get for reviewing purposes have marks or tears through the UPCs, so that retailers know that they were promos and not purchases, and therefore accept returns/trade-ins on them. I'm not saying that this is definitely the case here, but it is possible.

Also, does GameStop even accept trade-ins of blu rays? I thought they didn't. The GameStops around me don't sell them, anyway.

[quote name='slbrey']Yes some people have had good standings but I have seen a number who have not and all it takes is one person....GameStop has always been fair with my trades and has never refused a trade for no good reason.

A new service like this should not be treating new customers like this especially if they wanna compete with a well established service.[/QUOTE]Amazon isn't the one handling the trade-ins themselves, it's NorAm International that does the trade-in work. You should complain to them about it, not Amazon.

I had one issue with one item not being accepted because it came from the factory in a 4-disc case, though was a 3-disc item. Back of the spine said "3 discs" as well. They didn't accept it because they thought it was missing a disc, though when I explained it to Amazon, they provided me the credit to cover the missing item.

I'd suggest talking to NorAm International about it and see why they can explain why your whole order was rejected, if it was in the pristine condition you claim it was in.

[quote name='sengar']Has anyone traded in a game that lacks a UPC, and if so have they had any issues with the game being accepted?

I have two games I'm looking to trade in. One is a copy of Halo 3 pulled from the Legendary Edition, that has no UPC code on the back of the case. Another is a copy of GT5 Prologue that I received from the PlayStation RLS program, which for some reason had a circular hole punched through the lower corner of the case, label, and UPC code.[/QUOTE]The one you picked up from RLS is likely a NFR (not for resale) copy, which is why the UPC and case had a punch through it. The Halo 3 copy wasn't UPC'd because it's not for individual sale from the Legendary Edition packaging.

Most likely, those two won't work for trade-ins. Checking the first post wouldn't be a bad idea.

[quote name='slbrey']
THEY GOT MY ORDER!!!!!!

BUT....

[/QUOTE]

They usually put a reason by each item. What was the reason given?

I've had two rejections: "Missing Packaging" which meant missing manual which was true. And one I have yet to get back "Damaged Item - Cracked" which is BS since it was mint. But at least you should have some info like that.

Meanwhile, they credited the order delivered yesterday with no problems ;).

Nice
My 2 packages(4 Midnight Club: LAs each)were just received and credited.
Took 7 days to arrive from CA, now just waiting for my $30 coupons.

Thing is my order says processing but I got emails saying its rejected....

I called amazon and they refuse to give me any contact info for there 3rd party so I sent the third party a email through there website...

[quote name='newlu']Nice
Took 7 days to arrive from CA, now just waiting for my $30 coupons.[/QUOTE]

Midnight club....was this from the HWV $5 sale? If so, did you send it with original or HWV coverart?

[quote name='slbrey']Thing is my order says processing but I got emails saying its rejected....

I called amazon and they refuse to give me any contact info for there 3rd party so I sent the third party a email through there website...[/QUOTE]Google is your friend:

http://www.norampartners.com/

Crap, just got shot down trying to add DC at two different post offices...one of which was by the person who GAVE me the additional DC on another trade shipment on Monday. Said she wasn't supposed to do that, refunded my $0.80, and said "If it gets there, it gets there, if not, then sorry". Nice attitude.

I'll try a third PO tomorrow morning, might have them try to scan the barcode as some of you have suggested. If I get shot down a third time, I'll just send the damn thing off and pray.

Highly irate at my time being wasted, though.

[quote name='eugaet']Crap, just got shot down trying to add DC at two different post offices...one of which was by the person who GAVE me the additional DC on another trade shipment on Monday. Said she wasn't supposed to do that, refunded my $0.80, and said "If it gets there, it gets there, if not, then sorry". Nice attitude.

I'll try a third PO tomorrow morning, might have them try to scan the barcode as some of you have suggested. If I get shot down a third time, I'll just send the damn thing off and pray.

Highly irate at my time being wasted, though.[/QUOTE]I know that they were saying the same thing that they couldn't add it, though when they scanned the barcode on the pre-paid label, there was no longer an issue.

They're supposed to scan it first before any added services like DC, signature confirmation or insurance, so they should be doing that first before saying anything about not being able to add additional services.

I've opted not to add delivery confirmation to any of mine, mainly because I'm cheap. I guess I have faith in the USPS as well. :) No problems so far.

umm. So i already sent in one set of games with HWV coverart. I think it will get accepted since it has the right barcode. But I'm going to go ahead and just print my own covers for my next set of HWV games. I realized that I won't hear back on my 1st set fast enough to know what to do with my 2nd set. Anyway, i thought i should pass along some info on how to print covers...

Here is the site for coverart
http://www.cdcovers.cc/

Here is a free program to print your covers
http://www.coverxp.com/main.asp

You will want to print it on thin, glossy paper. Thats it!

I had them scan the barcode on the shipping label and told them it would show the class of mailer it is, which would allow me to add DC and insurance at my cost. They did not believe me so I pressed and said this is what others did and they were able to add it. So he pressed some buttons on the screen, scanned the label, and said no it won't let me. He showed me the screen and it said something like wrong label or something. :bomb: So no insurance, no DC.

[quote name='J7.']I had them scan the barcode on the shipping label...So he pressed some buttons on the screen, scanned the label, and said no it won't let me.[/QUOTE]Hmmm. I hoping we can get some sort of clarification before I make my third PO visit tomorrow. The only barcode is the one above the trade ID number, but I figured that was an internal NorAm barcode, since the trade ID is so snug underneath it.

[quote name='J7.']I had them scan the barcode on the shipping label and told them it would show the class of mailer it is, which would allow me to add DC and insurance at my cost. They did not believe me so I pressed and said this is what others did and they were able to add it. So he pressed some buttons on the screen, scanned the label, and said no it won't let me. He showed me the screen and it said something like wrong label or something. :bomb: So no insurance, no DC.[/QUOTE]

Geez, that's lame. I've been to 4 different POs around me and even the noob person figured it out. I don't know the specific steps but I think they weighed it and it came up with all of the options. They deleted everything but the DC and charged me the 80 cents.

The lady at my post office rang it up at the full mailing cost, subtracted the cost of mailing and put the 2.xx shipping paid under the insurance sticker and called it a day. She had to "credit" the cost of shipping to balance it out though. It took her all of 3 seconds to do. At first they told me it was impossible because amazon pays everything and I wasn't able to modify their label... but she did it anyway.

What's up again guys. Since I got Wii sports resort I feel like I don't need the original wii sports anymore. Has anyone tried trading in Wii Sports without the cardboard sleeve that it originally came in? Thanks!

[quote name='darkturkish']What's sup again guys. Since I got Wii sports resort I feel like I don't need the original wii sports anymore. Has anyone tried trading in Wii Sports without the cardboard sleeve that it originally came in? Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you intend on doing that, you should print off the Wii Sports cover from CDcovers and snag a case for it. That would probably be a little bit better than just sending it in a jewel case.

[quote name='dyeknom']If you intend on doing that, you should print off the Wii Sports cover from CDcovers and snag a case for it. That would probably be a little bit better than just sending it in a jewel case.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Yeah that would probably be best. Thanks for the suggestion.

[quote name='newlu']Nice
Took 7 days to arrive from CA, now just waiting for my $30 coupons.[/QUOTE]

Was Midnight Club: LA $5 at Hollywood Video? I was going to ask them to price check it but someone on the HWV forum said they were $34.99 or something.

[quote name='crunchewy']I've opted not to add delivery confirmation to any of mine, mainly because I'm cheap. I guess I have faith in the USPS as well. :) No problems so far.[/QUOTE]

Yea I agree. You can buy a shitload of stuff with 80 cents, like a small pack of gum for example. I used the 80 cents i saved to go buy 1/7th of a gallon of gas today (at least enough gas to cover half my trip to the post office!:bouncy:).

Now that I've mailed my games, I'm off to catch up reading the BBV thread. I heard there's a super secret sale going on that they don't want to tell anyone about! shhhh!!!!;)

If Amazon says that they never received the games and I didn't get DC, am I basically screwed? I sent them in about a month ago and got an e-mail a couple days ago saying the trade in was closed and the status for each game says "not received".

[quote name='Japakneez']umm. So i already sent in one set of games with HWV coverart. I think it will get accepted since it has the right barcode. But I'm going to go ahead and just print my own covers for my next set of HWV games. [/QUOTE]

I had two successful trade-ins for the 50% off coupons with HWV stickers intact. I verified the barcodes were showing on all. No problems whatsoever. Is this YMMV?

[quote name='Cow_tipper']If Amazon says that they never received the games and I didn't get DC, am I basically screwed? I sent them in about a month ago and got an e-mail a couple days ago saying the trade in was closed and the status for each game says "not received".[/QUOTE]
If you received an email that the trade is closed because of "not received" and you didn't put a DC # on it, yes, you're pretty much screwed.

[quote name='dyeknom']The lady at my post office rang it up at the full mailing cost, subtracted the cost of mailing and put the 2.xx shipping paid under the insurance sticker and called it a day. She had to "credit" the cost of shipping to balance it out though. It took her all of 3 seconds to do. At first they told me it was impossible because amazon pays everything and I wasn't able to modify their label... but she did it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Can we put this kind of info at the top of the thread? Would have been very handy for me. I paid for shipping out of pocket because people were getting erratic results adding DC (and I was paranoid about media mail) but I'd give it a go next time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back