Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vortextk']What an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Remember, you're the one that can't get it to work. Gee, I wonder who's more likely to be the idiot. :dunce:

I was hesitant to try this because of the low TIV but I've been wanting to trade in Resistance 2 for some time now and $26 was too good to pass up. And somehow all the crackheaded games I've been wanting to trade and R2 equaled exactly 60 bucks. We'll see if any get rejected and I get fucked on the $30 coupon.

[quote name='watcher0']Remember, you're the one that can't get it to work. Gee, I wonder who's more likely to be the idiot. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Again, idiot. This is not a science and you can't just "get it to work".

[quote name='BMXJouster']Well this freaking sucks. I sent in $50+ worth of games last month to get that 50% off coupon. I sent them out on the very last day I could, but the post office wouldn't allow me to add delivery confirmation or anything to the order. Now my account is updated yesterday as the deal being "expired", so I contacted Amazon. They're saying that the trade-ins were NOT postmarked within 7 days (even though I know full damn well I sent it out on the seventh day), but I've got no proof showing I sent it out on time. Not only that, but my trade-ins were rejected about 10 days or so ago they said, but I never got a damn e-mail or anything telling me that.

I REALLY wanted that damn coupon. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Many post offices postmark for the next day if you drop it off too late in the day (usually after the last pick-up of the day). It's a YMMV thing, but for most places it's after 5pm. You should be able to call the post office and ask what the latest time is each day to get something postmarked same day.

[quote name='watcher0']Many post offices postmark for the next day if you drop it off too late in the day (usually after the last pick-up of the day). It's a YMMV thing, but for most places it's after 5pm. You should be able to call the post office and ask what the latest time is each day to get something postmarked same day.[/QUOTE]

I know that, but I dropped it off well before they were about to close. It was on a Saturday, mind you, so maybe that's why they didn't bother to postmark it. Either way, I'm seriously miffed about this.

[quote name='Vortextk']Again, idiot. This is not a science and you can't just "get it to work".[/QUOTE]
Yes, I see. You definitely need to work on that problem of being a dumbass first. Cheapasses are the only asses appreciated here.

Anyway, it's laughable that you think that a computer controlled system isn't a something people can get to work, when so many of us have been successful. There are even guides on how to do it that you can google for, with pictures and everything.

[quote name='BMXJouster']I know that, but I dropped it off well before they were about to close. It was on a Saturday, mind you, so maybe that's why they didn't bother to postmark it. Either way, I'm seriously miffed about this.[/QUOTE]

On Saturday, like most drop boxes, the cutoff is way earlier than normal. In fact, your best bet is to put it in a drop box before the final pickup of the day. Those are much less prone to human error.

Or you could just use the UPS option from now on. :)

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Does anyone know how these "recommendations" work? I mean to the base them off of past purchases?

Because as of late, the only thing I've been getting all week have been Textbooks, coffee, and Nine Inch Nails' albums (seriously, everyday I've gotten a different NIN album)...[/QUOTE]

Some of us have done just fine and get a steady pick of games in their quick picks. Others are adamant that it's completely random and impossible they missed something.

It can be affected by past purchases, things in your cart, items you've rated in your recommendations section, and possibly item browsing history.

[quote name='watcher0']On Saturday, like most drop boxes, the cutoff is way earlier than normal. In fact, your best bet is to put it in a drop box before the final pickup of the day. Those are much less prone to human error.

Or you could just use the UPS option from now on. :)[/QUOTE]

I honestly figured there would be more of a chance of it not being postmarked if I threw it into a drop box. I thought if I physically handed it to the post office person, they would almost surely postmark it for me. Apparently, that wasn't the case this time.

And at the time I placed my trade-in, there wasn't a UPS option. Maybe I'll try one more time with the UPS option. I was only going to use that 50% off coupon on the Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition, so the $30 some odd dollars I was going to save can come out of this current promotion's extra $30 I'd get. I'll have to see.

Wow - I honestly didn't think they paid that much attention to the post marks. I do believe this is the first case we've heard reported here of rejections due to getting them too late (even though you did mail them on time). You'd think they would allow one day grace period just because of the issue of the PO possibly not marking them when they were dropped off. I wasn't even sure the PO marked these at all. We've had this discussion before but I'm basing that on the prepaid label items I've received in the past including one from Amazon today where there is no post-office supplied post mark like normal letters have.

Of course, adding DC gets a post mark added which is an additional perk there I guess. Now I'm a bit nervous because I sent in 3 boxes yesterday on the last possible day they had to be sent in and to be a cheap ass I only got DC on one of them - to top it off it was right before closing. They just took them and dropped them into a big bin full of other stuff. Had this discussion happened yesterday I definitely would have gotten DC for all three. If I get the one accepted and the other two rejected I'll know what happened I guess :bomb:. I'm pretty sure I've mailed a few on the last day before though and so far no problems.

I have a question on the UPS option - does that require you to take them in right away or do you also get the 7-day period like normal? If they do give you the seven days, do you have to reprint a new label? I so rarely use UPS I'm not even sure how they operate.

how does the rejection process work, exactly? If there's a game that's not 'up to snuff' is it singled out/returned, or is the entire batch of games turned away?

[quote name='sirplue']how does the rejection process work, exactly? If there's a game that's not 'up to snuff' is it singled out/returned, or is the entire batch of games turned away?[/QUOTE]

If a single game is not "up to snuff" that single game is rejected and returned. They will still accept the others. This has made some CAGs even more mad than rejecting the whole set, though, as often this leads to them no longer qualifying for the promo code. But I've had two single items rejected and both were early on so at the time I was padding by an extra game or two and still got my promo codes.

In one case it was a DS game missing a manual. I found a manual for it and have just resubmitted it in another trade I mailed in this week. Though the value has dropped form $10 to $6 it was enough to pad out another trade to just over $60, so it worked out. The other item had the tiniest of tiny cracks in the center plastic area. That one I was able to return to GS as defective and the best part was they gave me the full used value back even though it was part of a B2G1 - so I actually came out ahead on that one by about $7 more than Amazon's trade-in value would have been had they accepted it in the first place ;).

[quote name='io']If a single game is not "up to snuff" that single game is rejected and returned. They will still accept the others. This has made some CAGs even more mad than rejecting the whole set, though, as often this leads to them no longer qualifying for the promo code. But I've had two single items rejected and both were early on so at the time I was padding by an extra game or two and still got my promo codes.

In one case it was a DS game missing a manual. I found a manual for it and have just resubmitted it in another trade I mailed in this week. Though the value has dropped form $10 to $6 it was enough to pad out another trade to just over $60, so it worked out. The other item had the tiniest of tiny cracks in the center plastic area. That one I was able to return to GS as defective and the best part was they gave me the full used value back even though it was part of a B2G1 - so I actually came out ahead on that one by about $7 more than Amazon's trade-in value would have been had they accepted it in the first place ;).[/QUOTE]

so, the chances they'll reject my manual-less copy of MvC2 are high then? LMAO

bold: awesome. :cool:

[quote name='cheap05']So are the HWV cases with everything complete YMMV? I know that SonictheHedgehog1337 had some problems with it, but others did not. Should I pad my trade-in, or just hope they take them?[/QUOTE]

I traded in several copies of Saints Row 2 and they rejected the ones with HWV cover art, so I'd be sure to pad your trade-in if you want the coupon.

Shiatttt! im a bit nervous now that some of y'all said that if they reject 1 or 2 and keep the rest, I actually didn't want to give up some of the games I traded in, but with the promo, i got just what i would've got trying to sell them separately. I had JUST at $60, so i hope they don't reject any

I traded:
Fallout 3
GTAIV
L4D
Loco Roco 2
Pro Evo Soccer 08

ALL had original case, insert, and manual....should i be fine?

[quote name='jcp42877']Shiatttt! im a bit nervous now that some of y'all said that if they reject 1 or 2 and keep the rest, I actually didn't want to give up some of the games I traded in, but with the promo, i got just what i would've got trying to sell them separately. I had JUST at $60, so i hope they don't reject any

I traded:
Fallout 3
GTAIV
L4D
Loco Roco 2
Pro Evo Soccer 08

ALL had original case, insert, and manual....should i be fine?[/QUOTE]

You should be OK. I mean, we hear lots of horror stories here because, well, when people have problems they post about it. People tend not to bother posting about it when their submissions go smoothly. So it seems worse than it is. While I've had two things rejected so far, I also have had 6 submissions in a row go through with no problem except for an abnormal delay in processing one of them (the trade-in page showed it as "Processing" for 4 days before they finally accepted it).

Having the original case, insert (as long as it has a UPC and isn't from a pack-in game), and manual should have you covered. The other thing they are very picky about is a crack in the disc. Now, clearly, most people wouldn't think to send in severely cracked discs. But I had one rejected that had the tiniest crack just in the plastic at the center. Either I didn't notice this before sending it in even though I specifically swapped this disc out at a Gamestop because the original copy I had was in pretty bad shape, or THEY caused they crack when they removed it from the case. At this point, that is probably all you have to worry about and the likelihood of that is still pretty low.

It did seem that early on in the program, there were more random rejections for "damaged" items that people then got back and couldn't figure out what the damage was. I think they may be getting better though as we haven't seen reports of that sort of thing recently. There were also early rejections of games with damaged cases that turned out to be sliced by box cutters most likely caused by the people opening them at NorAm. Again, these reports were a while back and we've seen nothing like that for a while so maybe they have a handle on that now ;).

I don't see why people don't just pay the extra $5 bucks and mail it first class with DC. You don't wait forever til they get their codes, and you at least can track your items. I always do this and no problems. I factor it in the trades I do.

[quote name='Estebon']I don't see why people don't just pay the extra $5 bucks and mail it first class with DC. You don't wait forever til they get their codes, and you at least can track your items. I always do this and no problems. I factor it in the trades I do.[/QUOTE]

While I would have agreed with you a few weeks back when my trades were taking 10-12 days to get there, all my recent ones have gone MUCH faster. I'm on the West Coast and my last couple have taken just 5 days. First-class (or rather, priority mail, since they would all be over 13 ounces) wouldn't be much better and since I'm a cheapass I wouldn't want to pay that. I suppose it is all moot anyway with the new UPS option. There you get tracking for free so I'd just go with that on any future trades. I have one more to send via media mail and then I suppose that's it.

For those who have gone with UPS: I asked this earlier and I know it got buried under my own posts, but can you reprint the UPS label like you can with the media mail one in case you change your trades (by modifying quantities or deleting games) and/or want to mail it a few days later?

Ok, so I have a $30 promo code and I'm trying to think of what to use it on
Already preordered my MW2 Prestige edition with my 50% off code
Preordered Halo 3 ODST with a promo
Preordered L4D2 with a promo

I was going to preorder the CE of Batman Arkham, but honestly, I see that CE dropping like $40 in 4 months

My question is: It's almost confirmed the 360 pro will be phased out at the end of this month and only the 360 Elite will be $300. You guys think the 120 gig HDD will drop in price too? I could really use a bigger HDD, but I dont want to buy it now if the price is gonna drop

[quote name='io']For those who have gone with UPS: I asked this earlier and I know it got buried under my own posts, but can you reprint the UPS label like you can with the media mail one in case you change your trades (by modifying quantities or deleting games) and/or want to mail it a few days later?[/QUOTE]

iO, if you don't get an answer, PM antitravolta. He's has been the equivalent to an idiot's guide to amazon trading for me. Moreover, he was one of the first people referring to the new UPS option so he'll probably have an answer for you. And most importantly, he's happy to help out.

Unfortunately even with the 25% off gamestop used coupon (click link for coupon and rules) coming tomorrow, there aren't that many great flips (especially after tax). But here are some decent ones that i was able to find. Too bad the coupon forces you to preorder a certain game. I also made some changes to my format. Game name now links to gamestop page, and the ATIV links to the amazon page (right under buy it has a button to trade it in).

FORMAT: (System) Game - Used/Edge/Edge+Coupon --> ATIV (Profit)

NEXTGEN
:wii: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings - 18.99/17.09/12.34 --> 14.00 (+1.66)
:wii: Ultimate Shooting Collection - 9.99/8.99/6.49 --> 8.00 (+1.51)
:wii: Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility - 34.99/31.49/22.74 --> 24.25 (+1.51)
:wii: Deca Sports - 17.99/16.19/11.69 --> 13.00 (+1.31)
:360: Skate 2 - 34.99/31.49/22.74 --> 23.25 (+0.51)

PORTABLES
:ds: Neves - 8.99/8.09/5.84 --> 7.50 (+1.66)
:psp: Silent Hill Experience - 5.99/5.39/3.89 --> 5.25 (+1.36)
:ds: TrackMania DS - 8.99/8.09/5.84 --> 7.00 (+1.16)
:ds: River King Mystic Valley - 5.99/5.39/3.89 --> 5.00 (+1.11)
:psp: Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner - 9.99/8.99/6.49 --> 7.50 (+1.01)
:ds: Spelling Challenges and More - 9.99/8.99/6.49 --> 7.50 (+1.01)

LASTGEN (Most of the stuff from earlier changed to include the coupon)
:ps2: Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories - 17.99/16.19/11.69 --> 16.50 (+4.81)
:xbox: Barbie Horse Adventures: Wild Horse Rescue - 9.99/8.99/6.49 --> 11.25 (+4.76)
:gc: Pure Evil 2-Pack - 29.99/26.99/19.49 --> 24.00 (+4.51)
:ps2: Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel - 3.99/3.59/2.59 --> 5.50 (+2.91)
:ps2: G1 Jockey 3 - 5.99/5.39/3.89 --> 6.00 (+2.11)
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner - 19.99/17.99/12.99 --> 15.00 (+2.01)
:xbox: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - 9.99/8.99/6.49 --> 8.00 (+1.51)
:ps2: Gradius V - 9.99/8.99/6.49 --> 8.00 (+1.51)
:ps2: PS2 World Series of Poker - 6.99/6.29/4.54 --> 6.00 (+1.46)
:xbox: Conker: Live & Reloaded - 17.99/16.19/11.69 --> 13.00 (+1.31)

Damn, GS just needs to go back to the system-by-system 20% off coupons if they are going to keep up this preorder nonsense. Granted, if there's some awesome DotD I might make use of it but it will have to be pretty good. I'm glad I just fired off 8 packages from the EO/SW/misc stuff bought with the no-strings-attached 25% off coupon last week ;).

[quote name='Lt Dan']Ok, so I have a $30 promo code and I'm trying to think of what to use it on

I was going to preorder the CE of Batman Arkham, but honestly, I see that CE dropping like $40 in 4 months

My question is: It's almost confirmed the 360 pro will be phased out at the end of this month and only the 360 Elite will be $300. You guys think the 120 gig HDD will drop in price too? I could really use a bigger HDD, but I dont want to buy it now if the price is gonna drop[/QUOTE]

I would assume so, since the elite will be the only 360 with a HDD correct?
And its 120gb, so why would anyone pay that much for just a HDD when the whole thing cost $300.

Too bad its black, I really liked the white 360 look, but at least the controller is black.

[quote name='Lt Dan']Ok, so I have a $30 promo code and I'm trying to think of what to use it on

My question is: It's almost confirmed the 360 pro will be phased out at the end of this month and only the 360 Elite will be $300. You guys think the 120 gig HDD will drop in price too? I could really use a bigger HDD, but I dont want to buy it now if the price is gonna drop[/QUOTE]

You're definately right about the Arkham CE. I'll probably buy it because I'm a huge batman fan, but I know it will quickly drop at Target, Bestbuy, GS, and/or Amazon soon after it's released. Hell, I just bought the Resident Evil 5 CE for 360 for $30 new at Bestbuy the other day. That came out like 4 months ago and that was a AAA title.

The $30 coupon doesn't expire until 12/31, so I would skip Arkam Asylum and wait for a HDD price drop. If I didn't have a 120gig already, I would save a coupon for it. People are just going to buy Arkam, beat it, and trade it into GS pretty quick. Little to no replay value.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']

The $30 coupon doesn't expire until 12/31, so I would skip Arkam Asylum and wait for a HDD price drop. If I didn't have a 120gig already, I would save a coupon for it. People are just going to buy Arkam, beat it, and trade it into GS pretty quick. Little to no replay value.[/QUOTE]

i've been considering the same. Waiting and using the $30 coupon on the HDD sounds good. With the latest price drops and Project Natal around the corner i would expect an announcment of a new HDD or cheaper prices sometime this year.

Sucks to hear about the HWV coverart rejections. Mine just arrived in MA. I should find out tomorrow if im rejected or not.

Another thought came to mind. Hopefully they come out with another console coupon this year. PS3 slim and 360 natal rumors could be a worthy upgrade \\:D/

I'm already selling my 5th gen ipod video to get a new MP3 player this september. Either ipod touch or Zune HD. This upgrade will only cost me $100 :bouncy:

Another fairly underwhelming DotD: Zelda Twilight Princess (Gamecube) for $20.
Since gi60 said he is gone I'll update the OP with it.

It is $35 at GS, so with the 25% off coupon + Edge you can get it for $22.75. Meh, not worth it given the preorder you have to deal with as well.

I've decided that if Amazon comes through with more codes tonight (should know here in about 30-45 minutes - I should be getting two for trades accepted Monday) I will preorder that Nostalgia game for DS that is in my quick picks. If not, I'm saving my code for my higher priority preorders (GH5, FF XIII, Metroid Other M, Demon's Souls, Zelda DS, SMG 2, and lots of others I can't think of now).

Sorry if this was asked already, but I couldn't find it in the first post and I don't want to read all this, and searching would just be boring and hard.

Say I make a trade worth $120, do I get $60 extra or just $30 still? Would it be smarter to just do two trades worth $60 then? (I know, make it more than $60 as a safeguard, but hypothetically)

Two trades, man, two trades. Trade $2000 worth of stuff and you would still only get one code ;).

So, looking at the DotD and comparing to Theb1rdm4n's list, I see there are better things anyway if I was going to go that route.

I might try to get two games at GS using the new coupon - but man, I hate dealing with those preorders :bomb:. But I have two other games that I want to get rid of and right now Amazon gives $3 more than GS for each one. I'd just need a couple of things to pad it out to $60+.

io - i was just curious if moderators have the ability to add/move posts to the front page, because as long as it was ok with gi60 and the other people in the thread, i could keep my gamestop to amazon flip list updated on a regular basis on post 3 or whatever instead of just posting new lists all the time.

[quote name='theb1rdm4n']io - i was just curious if moderators have the ability to add/move posts to the front page, because as long as it was ok with gi60 and the other people in the thread, i could keep my gamestop to amazon flip list updated on a regular basis on post 3 or whatever instead of just posting new lists all the time.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no. gi60 would have to make a new thread and have you make the third post. I can delete posts but not move them.

In other news: Boooo! It looks like no codes are coming out tonight either. Has anyone else gotten any since the flurry on Tues night/Weds AM? I'm still owed a few from Tuesday's deliveries.

[quote name='io']Unfortunately, no. gi60 would have to make a new thread and have you make the third post. I can delete posts but not move them.
[/QUOTE]

yeah, thats what i thought.

i suspect that the gold box "tricks" work at least once (if you're lucky). I found that buying a video game really helps, as others have mentioned. I noticed after a purchase you get tons of gold box goodies for a day or two. But if you don't buy any more within a short time span, the honeymoon is over. So don't expect to get goldbox goodies on a daily basis, despite doing all the goldbox hooplah. video games eventually cycle through but can you wait that long?

[quote name='io']
In other news: Boooo! It looks like no codes are coming out tonight either. Has anyone else gotten any since the flurry on Tues night/Weds AM? I'm still owed a few from Tuesday's deliveries.[/QUOTE]

None here, and it would have been a good day for it. I bought Wii Sports Resort yesterday and today my Gold Box has:
New Super Mario Bros.
Uncharted 2
Grand Slam Tennis Wii
Logitech Harmony Adapter PS3
Metroid Other M
Super Mario Galaxy 2

So it looks like buying a game really helps, along with having recommendations cleaned up. These are most of the games I am interested in, but I will only be getting one $30 coupon. Decisions, decisions. If I receive it by th 17th. I will use it on Madden and hope another positive trade in opportunity comes along.

[quote name='77Pat']None here, and it would have been a good day for it. I bought Wii Sports Resort yesterday and today my Gold Box has:
New Super Mario Bros.
Uncharted 2
Grand Slam Tennis Wii
Logitech Harmony Adapter PS3
Metroid Other M
Super Mario Galaxy 2

So it looks like buying a game really helps, along with having recommendations cleaned up. These are most of the games I am interested in, but I will only be getting one $30 coupon. Decisions, decisions. If I receive it by th 17th. I will use it on Madden and hope another positive trade in opportunity comes along.[/QUOTE]

Holy hell! I want that Gold Box :drool:

I did not bite on Nostalgia, so I have a code in reserve. Hopefully I'll get Metroid or SMG 2 after preordering NSBM Wii yesterday. I reallly don't get how the quick picks update these days. I still have the same stuff as yesterday. It seems they update in the early afternoon now, but never at exactly the same time each day.

[quote name='io']Holy hell! I want that Gold Box :drool:

I did not bite on Nostalgia, so I have a code in reserve. Hopefully I'll get Metroid or SMG 2 after preordering NSBM Wii yesterday. I reallly don't get how the quick picks update these days. I still have the same stuff as yesterday. It seems they update in the early afternoon now, but never at exactly the same time each day.[/QUOTE]
I am not sure, but for a while mine were updating at midnight. Then they were updating at 4 PM, and now they are updating around 3 AM when they change the deals of the day. It seems to go in a cycle changing times occasionally.

Hey - check your email again! I just got THREE codes on one email - very late compared to normal (5am Pacific). Now I can peorder Nostalgia if it is still in my picks!

Done:

Subtotal of Items: $34.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Gold Box Discount: -$1.75
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$3.50
Promotion Applied: -$29.74
Credit Upon Ship: -$0.00
------
Total for this Order: $0.00

So, apparently if you are just short of $30 it simply applies the discount to whatever the balance is ($29.74 in this case). I figured I could let that 26 cents slide just this one time ;).

Just put in the order for Madden 2010. Was thinking about waiting to see if it was in my Gold Box tomorrow, but just decided to go for it. $19.49 in credit after ECA and Coupon.

[quote name='io']While I would have agreed with you a few weeks back when my trades were taking 10-12 days to get there, all my recent ones have gone MUCH faster. I'm on the West Coast and my last couple have taken just 5 days. First-class (or rather, priority mail, since they would all be over 13 ounces) wouldn't be much better and since I'm a cheapass I wouldn't want to pay that. I suppose it is all moot anyway with the new UPS option. There you get tracking for free so I'd just go with that on any future trades. I have one more to send via media mail and then I suppose that's it.

For those who have gone with UPS: I asked this earlier and I know it got buried under my own posts, but can you reprint the UPS label like you can with the media mail one in case you change your trades (by modifying quantities or deleting games) and/or want to mail it a few days later?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, everything's the same with UPS. You still have 7 days and you can still edit your trades. On the issue of time, I'm not sure my trades are getting there any quicker with UPS, but the tracking is to me the big bonus even if they were getting there in a day. I've shipped literally thousands of packages with UPS in my time and yet to have the first problem (knock on wood). Back to time, I shipped 13 trades with Media Mail (20 if you included previous promotions). My shipments usually took 4 days and 5 if there was a weekend involved. I had one that took 7 days. With UPS, it looks like the trade will take 5 days to arrive with a weekend involved. I'm shipping more today. UPS's shipping schedule is predictable though so I expect this to stay steady. To me, the extra comfort of looking at a scheduled delivery date and seeing the flawless tracking is priceless. I'm curious if the standard $100 of insurance would apply here. I doubt I'll ever find out and that's just fine.

[quote name='bgame2']iO, if you don't get an answer, PM antitravolta. He's has been the equivalent to an idiot's guide to amazon trading for me. Moreover, he was one of the first people referring to the new UPS option so he'll probably have an answer for you. And most importantly, he's happy to help out.[/QUOTE]

Always glad to help out, but might as well post here for all.

[quote name='77Pat']Just put in the order for Madden 2010. Was thinking about waiting to see if it was in my Gold Box tomorrow, but just decided to go for it. $19.49 in credit after ECA and Coupon.[/QUOTE]

Throw in the $10 off future video game purchase and Madden's a steal on this deal...under $10.

If you pre order at one store, can another store see your pre orders? I know you have to cancel them at the store you pre order at. Just wondering if the other stores can see I pre ordered a game already at a different store.

[quote name='io']Two trades, man, two trades. Trade $2000 worth of stuff and you would still only get one code ;).

So, looking at the DotD and comparing to Theb1rdm4n's list, I see there are better things anyway if I was going to go that route.

I might try to get two games at GS using the new coupon - but man, I hate dealing with those preorders :bomb:. But I have two other games that I want to get rid of and right now Amazon gives $3 more than GS for each one. I'd just need a couple of things to pad it out to $60+.[/QUOTE]

I know this is a dumb question but do you need two accounts if you want to do two trades for the $30 bonus.

Also what's the Gold box trick? If it's explained elsewhere just point me there. Thanks!

[quote name='ikaden']I know this is a dumb question but do you need two accounts if you want to do two trades for the $30 bonus.

Also what's the Gold box trick? If it's explained elsewhere just point me there. Thanks![/QUOTE]

You can trade as many times on one account and still get the $30 bonus each time. I've done 13 trades that received the code on one account.

Gold box trick: http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/10/the-gold-box-trick/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back