Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
what you guys are saying about the tiger woods ain't half bad. im just curious though if any flags would be raised if you buy 3 and then turn around and create a trade in order for 3. probably not, but just seems so weird flipping from amazon to amazon lol. i wonder if tiger woods tiv will drop then. anyways i might have to jump on this if i get my 2 codes ive been waiting for since i could use them on it, but its still not that profitable.

I'm assuming you guys have Prime or something? I'd never even consider using Amazon DotD's to trade-in under this program because there's no way I'd get them in time and paying for shipping kills it. They don't even usually process and send out my orders under free shipping for 4-5 days, meaning there's no way I'd get them in time for a submission unless the value held for several days and I could resubmit.

[quote name='converse']If you are using your Amazon credit for only gaming then it probably works out just fine. The only issue might be the timing of sending the trade and receiving the game from Amazon in time.

In theory, if you bought 3 x $27.99 (w/ECA) then you are $83.97 in, and you trade said 3 x $24 for $72 + $30 credit = $102. That's a 1.21 ratio, 21% in video gaming profit if you can make the deal work...[/QUOTE]

well i locked in the trade in the price, if i do order it ill do it tonight.

[quote name='io']I'm assuming you guys have Prime or something? I'd never even consider using Amazon DotD's to trade-in under this program because there's no way I'd get them in time and paying for shipping kills it. They don't even usually process and send out my orders under free shipping for 4-5 days, meaning there's no way I'd get them in time for a submission unless the value held for several days and I could resubmit.[/QUOTE]

yeah, im only even considering it since im still under my free trial of prime, so yeah it would be 2 day shipping, plenty of time to turn around and ship em back to noram.

[quote name='converse']If you are using your Amazon credit for only gaming then it probably works out just fine. The only issue might be the timing of sending the trade and receiving the game from Amazon in time.

In theory, if you bought 3 x $27.99 (w/ECA) then you are $83.97 in, and you trade said 3 x $24 for $72 + $30 credit = $102. That's a 1.21 ratio, 21% in video gaming profit if you can make the deal work...[/QUOTE]

Actually with ECA it would be $24.98 each, so $74.94 in, $102 credit, 1.36 flip and 36% video gaming profit. Sorry, time for bed!

Shot Amazon an e-mail earlier about the BlazBlue standard/limited edition debacle and promptly received a reply just a few minutes ago.

[quote name='Amazon']Hello,

I've checked our records and noticed we offered only "Limited version" for Trade-in program.

I understand you want to submit "BlazBlue" through the Amazon Trade-in program but have a standard version than the specific one listed.

Only items that match the exact version listed on the trade-in site are eligible. If you are unsure if your item is eligible, please check the title and platform on your item to see if it matches what's listed on the Amazon Trade-in page.

We're constantly updating the trade-in program with new titles. Please check back often to see what's been added.

I also wanted to let you know that I've sent this request along to the Trade-in team so they know there's interest in trading the item you mentioned.

Thanks for shopping and trading at Amazon.com.[/quote]

Good to see that they forwarded my message towards the trade-in team so we can finally have the option to just trade in the standard edition of the game.

[quote name='converse']Actually with ECA it would be $24.98 each, so $74.94 in, $102 credit, 1.36 flip and 36% video gaming profit. Sorry, time for bed![/QUOTE]

actually i just checked and eca is giving $3 off per game so it would be 26.98 per game or $80.94 for 3. (that is if you can buy 3, i know its a limit of 2, but dont know if you can use multiple orders)

im debating whether i want to get 2 and try and get something from gamestop to make up for the $12 left to reach $60 or not. i just dont want to have to preorder anything, especially since i am leaving town in a few days.

edit: i also just tried buying 3 tiger 10 wii using separate orders and it was a no go. max is 2 per account.

I wouldn't do amazon to amazon flips from the same account. you don't want to be the first person to get banned :/

I also wouldn't try it without a Prime subscription. no way it comes in time without it. also remember no shipping on sunday lol

I can't get Wii Sports Resort in my Gold Box or recommendations. I've rated probably 50 related accessories and games, yet it won't appear.

Just got Halo ODST in my gold box! Woo hoo!!! The only game I had interest in that has appeared in my Gold Box. I had Wii sports Resort but didn't bite. Now I need one more coupon. Come on some good flips.

OK, here's an interesting trick to try and get a game in your recommendations/gold picks:

Say you have a game not showing in your recommendations no matter what you try. Simply check 'I own this' and give it a five star rating. Now, go to 'items I own' and delete it. It should automatically be added to your recommendations list if you have anything else related already rated/owned. For this example, Assassin's Creed 2 was the binding factor.

This is extremely ymmv, but I did this yesterday with Uncharted 2 and today it showed up in my picks. This was all by complete accident, as I was trying to improve my chances at Batman: AA and decided to remove Uncharted 2.

This is the first time I actually got something decent in my gold picks, so I bit:

Subtotal of Items: $56.99
Shipping & Handling:
$4.49
Gold Box Discount:
-$2.85
Super Saver Discount:
-$4.49
Pre-order Guarantee:
-$0.00
Promotion Applied:
-$5.70
Promotion Applied:
-$30.00
Credit Upon Ship:
-$0.00
------

Total:
$18.44
Gift Cards:
-$18.44
------

Total for this Order:
$0.00

Good luck!

Messed around with my recommendations yestersday to try and get Diabolical Box in my quick picks today and was successful. Anyone else able to do it and get more than 5% off? I had some recent DS games in there yesterday at up to 15% off. Trying to decide if I should bite now or wait to see if it shows up at above 5%.

[quote name='eugaet']Messed around with my recommendations yestersday to try and get Diabolical Box in my quick picks today and was successful. Anyone else able to do it and get more than 5% off? I had some recent DS games in there yesterday at up to 15% off. Trying to decide if I should bite now or wait to see if it shows up at above 5%.[/QUOTE]

Quick Picks discount is *always* 5%. If it says something higher, it's because they're combining the normal discount % w/ the additional QP discount. In other words, if you had a DS game at 15% off, that means they were already selling it for 10% off before it hit your quick picks.

[quote name='argyle']Quick Picks discount is *always* 5%.[/QUOTE]OK, thanks. I should have figured that out, but didn't look closely. Never paid much attention to the quick picks until yesterday.

Syphon Filter Logans Shadow is in my quick picks for $33.24 (17% off) yet if you click on its page its priced at $12.74 (68% off)...?

[quote name='thenockmlb']Well, Wii Sports Resort showed up in my Quick Picks this morning despite not appearing in my recommendations.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as there are no trumpet emoticons....

:whee::whee::whee:You had the 1000th post!!:whee::whee::whee:

[quote name='J7.']Syphon Filter Logans Shadow is in my quick picks for $33.24 (17% off) yet if you click on its page its priced at $12.74 (68% off)...?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is screwed up. Like I said yesterday, my wife had Madden 08 in her quick picks for some small percentage off (like 11% or so) from $29.99. I even added it the cart and that was the final price (like $26.69 or so). But if I clicked it via a regular search it came up $11.95 (from Amazon too!) :bomb:. So, yeah, be careful on some of those "quick picks" for older games as you may actually be getting screwed!

Anyway, more crap today in my wife's picks. But here's what I got today: Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3), Sands of Destruction (DS), Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (bingo!), and Infinite Space (DS). I also got another FullMetal Alchemist DVD (seriously, that's two days in a row - what gives there?). Then some Halo book ("The Cole Protocol"), which makes sense at least since I bought Halo Wars the other day. And finally some DVD I've never heard of: "Death Note II". That's it - only 7 things.

I'm definitely getting Mario & Luigi. I'll have to think about FF Versus XIII. Is this a fighting game or something? If so, I'll pass. I want the regular FF XIII to show up! I need to read up on Sands of Destruction and Infinite Space as I've never heard of either of those. They are both from Sega, interestingly enough.

Ordered M&L. I hated seeing some of the $30 coupon go to waste (since the total was less than $30) so I added Red Bull BC One for the DS for $4.22 and ended up paying $2.69. Yeah, that's probably too much for that game but what the heck - I can use it for trade-in fodder on some GS promo and keep the case for a used game so I figured it has some use.

But man, what I love about this promo is I'm getting all these games without even using very much of my transferred GS credit. So far I've preordered 10 games (and gotten 2 filler DS games along with those) and spent a TOTAL of just $73.75 of my credit (only counting where I used $30 codes - I've bought other stuff without them like Halo Wars). And 1/3 of that was just for Guitar Hero 5 (the only one I bought without a Gold Box quick pick discount). While it's hard to beat HWV's two used game sales in the last several months (all last-gen for $3.99 followed by all used games $24.99 and under for $4.99), this has got to be the best "promo" type deal of the year.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Uglyteradon, do you mean you lost the email? Mine got placed in spam on one of my emails if that helps at all[/QUOTE]

I could not find it in my history, which I thought was weird. I'm almost positive that I received the email... I guess I'm lucky that I was able to use it. Now I'm just hoping that the PS3 slim isn't going to be a better deal.

Also, I just traded in another set of games and received credit on them. Yet I haven't been emailed the current code for 30 off a game... I'm guessing this takes a few business days to be mailed out, right?

Anyone familiar with 'Amazon Payments'? This is very interesting. I'm curious if we can use our gift balance at other online retailers. I don't have time to go through and check it out right now so im hoping someone can answer :D

https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/home
Amazon Payments

Amazon Payments allows you to use the payment methods that you already use on Amazon.com to pay for goods and services online wherever Amazon Payments is accepted. With an Amazon Payments account, you can make secure purchases from third-party (that is, non-Amazon.com) websites that accept Amazon Payments without having to re-enter your payment information. As an added benefit, there is no cost to you when you use Amazon Payments for your purchases.

[quote name='io']
I'm definitely getting Mario & Luigi. I'll have to think about FF Versus XIII. Is this a fighting game or something? If so, I'll pass. I want the regular FF XIII to show up! I need to read up on Sands of Destruction and Infinite Space as I've never heard of either of those. They are both from Sega, interestingly enough.
[/QUOTE]
FF Versus XIII

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-20080826034415700_640w.jpg

FF Versus XIII I think is a normalish action RPG, not a fighting game. It actually looks better than FF XIII to me. Looks more story driven, adult, and interesting as well. There's a (leaked?) video of it online some sites.

Sands of Destruction (possibly retitled World of Destruction in US)

world_destruction_profilelarge.png

world-destruction-screens-20080530045944684_640w.jpg

world-destruction-screens-20080530045953028_640w.jpg

Sands of Destruction should be a great game. Here's the thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218043&highlight=sands+destruction

Here is some info:
The development team of the game comprised over fifty people and includes key designers who previously worked on Xenogears, as well as former staff from Grandia, Drakengard, & Etrian Odyssey. Directed by Kyoki Mikage of imageepoch, produced by Yoichi Shimosato of Sega.

The score of the game was composed by Yasunori Mitsuda and was performed by the Czech Philharmonic. A new/rewritten musical score will be created for the NA version, & difficulty may be tweaked.

Infinite Space

infinite-space-screens-20080929073224325_640w.jpg

infinite-space-20081020104806857_640w.jpg

Infinite Space earned 9/9/8/8 from Famitsu. It's made by the same people who created Clock Tower & Steel Battalion (Nude Maker) together with Platinum Games, so it should be a decent game.

Still have a couple $75 off console codes.

Already have a 360 and don't really feel like shelling out the cash for a PS3. What to do?!?

Hopefully there'll be some great deal on the PS3 by the 31st that I can stack the code with.

Where are you getting the 25% off coupon? The only one I see is a 25% extra trade-in credit towards the purchase of Madden NFL 2010.

[quote name='dualedge2']Where are you getting the 25% off coupon? The only one I see is a 25% extra trade-in credit towards the purchase of Madden NFL 2010.[/QUOTE]

That's a trade-in promo (no coupon required). The current coupon (good through Thurs) is 25% off up to 2 games when you preorder Professor Layton, FF Dissidia, or Metroid Prime Trilogy - all games that come out really soon. My daughter (who is 12) has shown a renewed interest in video games solely because of Harry Potter. As a result, I'll switch my Layton preorder to Lego Harry Potter and hopefully preorder Layton from Amazon via gold box quick pick.

J7 - Thanks for all the info. I actually read a review of Infinite Space on some site (RPG Gamer maybe?). They seemed to think it was pretty good too. But man, I just can't get ALL these games :lol:. Well, actually, I only have 1 more code right now (but several more should come in next week once all my EO/SW trades get there). So I could do one of those. I dunno - will go read about FF XIII Versus right now and consider that. Sands of Destruction came up pretty cheap already so I may just preorder that without a code.

When we do these amazon---> GS flip calculations, we should ad in tax as it is a big factor.

In CA its 8.75%. so that flip is negative in my mind.

The reason that tiger woods flip was so enticing was that it was from amazon and no tax for me.

[quote name='j4y_7']Still have a couple $75 off console codes.

Already have a 360 and don't really feel like shelling out the cash for a PS3. What to do?!?

Hopefully there'll be some great deal on the PS3 by the 31st that I can stack the code with.[/QUOTE]
If rumors are to be believed, the 80GB is dropping to $299 sometime soon - if it's before the end of the month, $225 is awesome for a new PS3.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']When we do these amazon---> GS flip calculations, we should ad in tax as it is a big factor.

In CA its 8.75%. so that flip is negative in my mind.

The reason that tiger woods flip was so enticing was that it was from amazon and no tax for me.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i was thinking that too, but the problem is that tax varies so much. hell, if i drive ten minutes i could be in a different city with a different tax rate. as far as the flip of the day, im more just letting people know about the trade in of the day, because even if the flip is a big loss, i would still probably post it as to make it easier so that people wont have to look it up on their own.

Anyways, i would love for suggestions on this. i think the best way to go about doing it would be to show both with and without taxes. if you have credit from games i dont believe you have to pay tax.

anyone know if you can add money to an edge card so you wont have to pay tax, or is it only from credit received through trade ins?

possible new formats to include tax could be:

(System) Game - Used/Edge/Edge+Coupon/+Tax --> ATIV (Profit) (w/Tax Profit) sorta merges them together

(System) Game - Used/Edge/Edge+Coupon --> ATIV (Profit) [withTax --> ATIV (w/Tax Profit)] seperates the two

please let me know of any other formats you come up with and we'd also have to agree on a standard tax rate to give people an estimate. V4oLDbOY is 8.75, mine varies from 8.3 to 8.5.

[quote name='JJSP']If rumors are to be believed, the 80GB is dropping to $299 sometime soon - if it's before the end of the month, $225 is awesome for a new PS3.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I'd hold onto those. If the ps3 drops a lot of 360 cags might purchase your extra codes.

about the tax thing. 8.75 is a bit high as far as taxes go, but I know a few people who are at 9+.

I'd say do the US average. which is only 5.337. Or take the average of what cags here say since those who dont pay sales tax can use the net price.

No tax for me, even when using cash :whee:

I definitely appreciate it as it has always made these sorts of transfers (whether GS->Amazon, BBV->GS, GS->BBV, or whatever) a much better deal than otherwise.

Alright, J7, I just preordered Sands of Destruction. With gold box + ECA it came out to just $23.53 thus no need to use a code there, really.

I think I'll hold off on FF Versus XIII. Amazon has it coming out Dec 31st, 2010. I know that's just a placeholder and all, but clearly it isn't coming out any time soon so I think I can wait. I'm sure it will show up again in my gold box picks before the end of this year (when the $30 codes expire). But I've been using those things as fast as I can get them which I definitely did not expect to do. I am buying way more than I planned :lol:. But I really should keep one in reserve at least till more come in just in case the regular FF XIII or Demon's Souls shows up. If I end up with any extra codes in November or so I will definitely start applying them to games like FF Versus XIII that don't come out for a long time. The problem of course is that you are stuck getting that because I don't think you'll be able to cancel and get the code back after the end of this year.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']yeah, I'd hold onto those. If the ps3 drops a lot of 360 cags might purchase your extra codes.

about the tax thing. 8.75 is a bit high as far as taxes go, but I know a few people who are at 9+.

I'd say do the US average. which is only 5.337. Or take the average of what cags here say since those who dont pay sales tax can use the net price.[/QUOTE]

I live in the 408 and go to school in SD. In SD my tax is 8.75% while in the bay it's 9.25%. It totally sucks because I generally get charged tax on Amazon orders as well...

How does something like this look? i used 7% tax for testing purposes.

:ds: Super Princess Peach - 29.99/26.99/19.49 --> 20.00 (+0.51) [20.86 --> 20.00 (-0.86)]

edit: as far as the tax rate goes, i think it might be a good idea to use a higher number (like in the 8's) because most the people that worry about tax are the people with higher tax rates, and it will give more of a spread, so you know you will pay somewhere between the no tax and tax values.

How very odd, I can't even find the Beatles Rock Band Special Edition on Amazon.

What is weird is that they have a "Beatles Rock Band Special Value Edition" that is $139.99 ($20 off $159.99 for 360 only - the others are $159.99). It seems to consist of the game and the regular Rock Band guitar and drums. And they even may be the RB1 drums since it includes a hub (which you wouldn't need for the wireless ones, right?).

OK, never mind, I found the regular "Special Edition" too - it didn't come up when I searched on Beatles Rock Band special edition" but did when I just did "Beatles Rock Band". More Amazon wackiness I suppose.

I have a question - if I sign up for Prime right now, can I get that added to all my current preorders? If I just do the trial, will it only apply to the ones that come out within a month, or will it stick with all of them? I'm really tempted to do it as I will want the Beatles Rock Band ASAP after release.

yeah, I believe that if you make an order within you prime trial it stays.

That bundle looks so awful. A RB1 set with beatlesRB inside instead of RB1 software. I swear it will be a fat sticker on the front of a RB1 box. They dont hide it, but I can see someone getting fooled into thinking thats a deal.

I'm not sure if it has been asked or not but the info that is in the OP would that also go for the movie trade ins as well?

[quote name='LurkerJr']If I cancel a pre-order that has the %50 coupon on the order, can I use the code again or am I screwed?[/QUOTE]

You can use it again. I canceled a preorder I'd made a couple weeks ago and placed another order, and the 50% coupon & ECA discounts both were automatically applied to the new order.

[quote name='theb1rdm4n']How does something like this look? i used 7% tax for testing purposes.

:ds: Super Princess Peach - 29.99/26.99/19.49 --> 20.00 (+0.51) [20.86 --> 20.00 (-0.86)]

edit: as far as the tax rate goes, i think it might be a good idea to use a higher number (like in the 8's) because most the people that worry about tax are the people with higher tax rates, and it will give more of a spread, so you know you will pay somewhere between the no tax and tax values.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be a d**K but why can't people just add their tax rate themselves. With so many different rates any rate someone will have to add theirs anyway. In essence it is a good idea but it might cause more confusion than it's worth.

Just got my 10th and final trade-in acceptance. Mailed them all off last Monday. 3 were accepted on Friday, 6 on Saturday, and 1 this morning. No returns, thank god.

:ds: $3.00 Dream Day Wedding Destinations
:wii: $15.50 Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultim
:360: $21.00 Halo Wars

:ds: $4.00 Cooking Mama

:wii: $26.00 Endless Ocean: Dive Discover
:ps2: $3.25 Final Fantasy X
:xbox: $5.50 JSRF- Jet Set Radio Future

:360: $9.00 Pure
:ps3: $5.50 Eat Lead: The Return of Matt H
:360: $9.00 Silent Hill: Homecoming
:360: $7.00 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
:ps3: $15.00 Fallout 3

:gc: $7.00 Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi

:ps2: $9.25 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
:gc: $3.00 Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
:ps2: $16.50 Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Mem
:ps2: $6.00 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer'
:xbox: $1.00 Prince of Persia: The Sands of
:ds: $7.25 Amazing Adventures: The Forgot
:ps2: $12.00 Nobunaga's Ambition: Iron Tria
:ps2: $5.00 Warship Gunner 2

:gc: $3.25 Burnout 2: Point of Impact

:ds: $16.00 Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wa
:xbox: $2.25 Beyond Good & Evil

:ps2: $1.25 Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater
:ps2: $2.00 Final Fantasy X-2
:ps2: $2.00 Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
:gc: $3.00 Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

:ps2: $4.50 Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
:xbox: $2.00 Shenmue 2
:ps2: $31.00 Ico

Came to a total of $625. Now I'm just waiting on my 10 $30 coupons, making it essentially $925. :D

Have 11 more that I just submitted last night, that I will be sending UPS. My bro said that his company uses the free express boxes for UPS ground all the time. He said they've even used the free FedEX boxes for UPS ground before! Guess I will try that out.

[quote name='Cuksis']Just got my 10th and final trade-in acceptance. Mailed them all off last Monday. 3 were accepted on Friday, 6 on Saturday, and 1 this morning. No returns, thank god.

:ds: $3.00 Dream Day Wedding Destinations

:ds: $4.00 Cooking Mama

:ps2: $3.25 Final Fantasy X
:xbox: $5.50 JSRF- Jet Set Radio Future

:360: $9.00 Pure
:ps3: $5.50 Eat Lead: The Return of Matt H
:360: $9.00 Silent Hill: Homecoming
:360: $7.00 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
:ps3: $15.00 Fallout 3

:gc: $7.00 Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi

:ps2: $9.25 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
:gc: $3.00 Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
:xbox: $1.00 Prince of Persia: The Sands of
:ds: $7.25 Amazing Adventures: The Forgot
:ps2: $12.00 Nobunaga's Ambition: Iron Tria
:ps2: $5.00 Warship Gunner 2

:gc: $3.25 Burnout 2: Point of Impact

:ds: $16.00 Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wa
:xbox: $2.25 Beyond Good & Evil

:ps2: $1.25 Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater
:ps2: $2.00 Final Fantasy X-2
:ps2: $2.00 Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
:gc: $3.00 Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

:ps2: $4.50 Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
:xbox: $2.00 Shenmue 2
:ps2: $31.00 Ico

Came to a total of $625. Now I'm just waiting on my 10 $30 coupons, making it essentially $925. :D

Have 11 more that I just submitted last night, that I will be sending UPS. My bro said that his company uses the free express boxes for UPS ground all the time. He said they've even used the free FedEX boxes for UPS ground before! Guess I will try that out.
[/QUOTE]

Good god, did you find a landfill with stacks of Halo Wars?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Good god, did you find a landfill with stacks of Halo Wars?[/QUOTE]

During the 25% off up to 4 games, some gamestops had 2 and one even had 4!

So this morning was my 21st day since acceptance of an insured package (via media mail) and I was going through the motions of filling out an insurance claim, making photocopies, etc. I decide to do a final check on the DC number and print a copy of the report for the PO when I see this:

• Processed through Sort Facility, August 17, 2009, 2:48 am, SHREWSBURY, MA 01546
  • Processed through Sort Facility, August 03, 2009, 1:27 am, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152
Good god that's awful. I should file a claim on principle alone since it has taken longer than 14 business days to deliver (postmarked on 7/28). Well, here's to hoping they can manage to deliver it sometime this week and NorAm still accepts it. Thank god Amazon has moved to UPS; I don't think anyone will miss these kind of headaches. . .

Made a couple of more changes to the ativ tracker:

• Fixed a couple of bugs.
  • Added tracker icon for each game.
  • Each game now has it own tracking page, which you can reach via the tracking icon or tracker/ASIN.
These changes aren't as useful as my prior updates, but I figured since I had the TIV history information stored, I might as well make use of it. Maybe this will make you feel better (or worse) on your Amazon trade-ins. FYI, I only have tracking data going back to August 11th so you won't find older values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back