Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueLobstah']Made a couple of more changes to the ativ tracker:

• Fixed a couple of bugs.
  • Added tracker icon for each game.
  • Each game now has it own tracking page, which you can reach via the tracking icon or tracker/ASIN.
These changes aren't as useful as my prior updates, but I figured since I had the TIV history information stored, I might as well make use of it. Maybe this will make you feel better (or worse) on your Amazon trade-ins. FYI, I only have tracking data going back to August 11th so you won't find older values.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton! Without you, I wouldn't have gotten all these great flips.

[quote name='Cuksis']Just got my 10th and final trade-in acceptance. Mailed them all off last Monday. 3 were accepted on Friday, 6 on Saturday, and 1 this morning. No returns, thank god.

:ds: $3.00 Dream Day Wedding Destinations
:wii: $15.50 Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultim
:360: $21.00 Halo Wars

:ds: $4.00 Cooking Mama

:wii: $26.00 Endless Ocean: Dive Discover
:ps2: $3.25 Final Fantasy X
:xbox: $5.50 JSRF- Jet Set Radio Future

:360: $9.00 Pure
:ps3: $5.50 Eat Lead: The Return of Matt H
:360: $9.00 Silent Hill: Homecoming
:360: $7.00 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
:ps3: $15.00 Fallout 3

:gc: $7.00 Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi

:ps2: $9.25 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
:gc: $3.00 Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
:ps2: $16.50 Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Mem
:ps2: $6.00 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer'
:xbox: $1.00 Prince of Persia: The Sands of
:ds: $7.25 Amazing Adventures: The Forgot
:ps2: $12.00 Nobunaga's Ambition: Iron Tria
:ps2: $5.00 Warship Gunner 2

:gc: $3.25 Burnout 2: Point of Impact

:ds: $16.00 Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wa
:xbox: $2.25 Beyond Good & Evil

:ps2: $1.25 Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater
:ps2: $2.00 Final Fantasy X-2
:ps2: $2.00 Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
:gc: $3.00 Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

:ps2: $4.50 Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
:xbox: $2.00 Shenmue 2
:ps2: $31.00 Ico

Came to a total of $625. Now I'm just waiting on my 10 $30 coupons, making it essentially $925. :D

Have 11 more that I just submitted last night, that I will be sending UPS. My bro said that his company uses the free express boxes for UPS ground all the time. He said they've even used the free FedEX boxes for UPS ground before! Guess I will try that out.
[/QUOTE]
Holy crap:shock: that's a lot of trades. A lot of Halo Wars and Jillian Michaels. Did you grab all that stuff during the GS sale? Also about how much did you spend to get the 925 trade? I'm very impressed.

Man I hope Gamestop releases another great coupon soon so I can start flipping again.

By the way, I finally received a game in my gold box...unfortunately it was Starcraft II :(

[quote name='rust in peace']Holy crap:shock: that's a lot of trades. A lot of Halo Wars and Jillian Michaels. Did you grab all that stuff during the GS sale? Also about how much did you spend to get the 925 trade? I'm very impressed.[/QUOTE]

Some of that stuff I already had, so I couldn't really factor in what I paid. I used all gamestop store credit, so it was all tax free along with 35% off for coupon and edge during the 25% off all used up to 4 sale.

$0.00 Dream Day Wedding Destinations
$16.24 Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultim
$22.74 Halo Wars
$22.74 Halo Wars

$0.00 Cooking Mama
$22.74 Halo Wars
$22.74 Halo Wars

$17.54 Endless Ocean: Dive Discover
$0.00 Final Fantasy X
$0.00 JSRF- Jet Set Radio Future

$0.00 Pure
$0.00 Eat Lead: The Return of Matt H
$0.00 Silent Hill: Homecoming
$0.00 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
$0.00 Fallout 3
$22.74 Halo Wars

$0.00 Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi
$22.74 Halo Wars
$22.74 Halo Wars

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
$0.00 Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
$11.69 Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Mem
$0.00 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer'
$0.00 Prince of Persia: The Sands of
$0.00 Amazing Adventures: The Forgot
$9.74 Nobunaga's Ambition: Iron Tria
$5.19 Warship Gunner 2

$0.00 Burnout 2: Point of Impact
$22.74 Halo Wars
$22.74 Halo Wars

$0.00 Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wa
$0.00 Beyond Good & Evil
$22.74 Halo Wars
$22.74 Halo Wars

$0.00 Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater
$0.00 Final Fantasy X-2
$0.00 Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
$0.00 Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

$0.00 Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
$0.00 Shenmue 2
$0.00 Ico
$0.00 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer'
$11.69 Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Mem

Total gamestop credit I spent for this set of trades, was $423.57

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']About the tax thing. 8.75 is a bit high as far as taxes go, but I know a few people who are at 9+. I'd say do the US average. which is only 5.337.[/QUOTE]The US average is 5.337? Dammit, I'm at 8.517. Nuts.

[quote name='eugaet']The US average is 5.337? Dammit, I'm at 8.517. Nuts.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but thats factoring states that have 0 sales tax, and some that are tiny. But any highly populated state has a high sales tax. A better thing to do would be, get the average sales tax for each person. Shouldnt be hard to do. Basically multiply the states tax by the states population, take the average of that. It would be much higher I think.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Made a couple of more changes to the ativ tracker:

• Fixed a couple of bugs.
  • Added tracker icon for each game.
  • Each game now has it own tracking page, which you can reach via the tracking icon or tracker/ASIN.
These changes aren't as useful as my prior updates, but I figured since I had the TIV history information stored, I might as well make use of it. Maybe this will make you feel better (or worse) on your Amazon trade-ins. FYI, I only have tracking data going back to August 11th so you won't find older values.[/QUOTE]
FYI, you have two listings for Resistance on PS3 (and oddly the GH version goes for $3 more). Is this an issue of how the data is tracked or are you able to tag one as GH packaging? I'm guessing there are more of these lurking in the data, but just wanted to point it out.

Also, some of your headers are now overlapping.

wanna trade 2 of them for a 50% off code? there's no big purchases that i want right now.

or anyone that wants to trade, just pm me.

[quote name='Cuksis']Just got my 10th and final trade-in acceptance. Mailed them all off last Monday. 3 were accepted on Friday, 6 on Saturday, and 1 this morning. No returns, thank god.

:ds: $3.00 Dream Day Wedding Destinations

:ds: $4.00 Cooking Mama

:ps2: $3.25 Final Fantasy X
:xbox: $5.50 JSRF- Jet Set Radio Future

:360: $9.00 Pure
:ps3: $5.50 Eat Lead: The Return of Matt H
:360: $9.00 Silent Hill: Homecoming
:360: $7.00 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
:ps3: $15.00 Fallout 3

:gc: $7.00 Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi

:ps2: $9.25 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
:gc: $3.00 Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
:xbox: $1.00 Prince of Persia: The Sands of
:ds: $7.25 Amazing Adventures: The Forgot
:ps2: $12.00 Nobunaga's Ambition: Iron Tria
:ps2: $5.00 Warship Gunner 2

:gc: $3.25 Burnout 2: Point of Impact

:ds: $16.00 Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wa
:xbox: $2.25 Beyond Good & Evil

:ps2: $1.25 Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater
:ps2: $2.00 Final Fantasy X-2
:ps2: $2.00 Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
:gc: $3.00 Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

:ps2: $4.50 Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
:xbox: $2.00 Shenmue 2
:ps2: $31.00 Ico

Came to a total of $625. Now I'm just waiting on my 10 $30 coupons, making it essentially $925. :D

Have 11 more that I just submitted last night, that I will be sending UPS. My bro said that his company uses the free express boxes for UPS ground all the time. He said they've even used the free FedEX boxes for UPS ground before! Guess I will try that out.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dn3g3l']wanna trade 2 of them for a 50% off code? there's no big purchases that i want right now.

or anyone that wants to trade, just pm me.[/QUOTE]

I wish there was something I wanted that made the 50% off code better than the 2 $30 off codes. Sorry... :cry:

This is minimally related to this deal, but the game I'm referring to is one I bought with my credit from this.

I was just given a copy of Madden 10 as a gift, but I also have it on the way from Amazon. The one from Amazon won't be here until the end of the week. I was thinking about opening the copy given to me, then using the receipt to return the copy being sent to me. 1) Is that frowned upon, 2) is that possible, or would the stores be able to track that it wasn't originally theirs?

My impatience reigns supreme.

[quote name='Jodou']So this morning was my 21st day since acceptance of an insured package (via media mail) and I was going through the motions of filling out an insurance claim, making photocopies, etc. I decide to do a final check on the DC number and print a copy of the report for the PO when I see this:

• Processed through Sort Facility, August 17, 2009, 2:48 am, SHREWSBURY, MA 01546
  • Processed through Sort Facility, August 03, 2009, 1:27 am, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152
Good god that's awful. I should file a claim on principle alone since it has taken longer than 14 business days to deliver (postmarked on 7/28). Well, here's to hoping they can manage to deliver it sometime this week and NorAm still accepts it. Thank god Amazon has moved to UPS; I don't think anyone will miss these kind of headaches. . .[/QUOTE]

How odd - I've never seen any of mine go through the Shrewsbury, MA facility. They all either go straight from my local sorting facility to delivery or go through Springfield, MA before delivery. I think that was just an oddball fluke. Like I said earlier, my deliveries from the West Coast had been getting better and better - it was down to 5 days on my last couple, though I have some out now that have now been 7 days.

Edit: Turns out one of the packages I sent on Aug 10th was delivered and accepted today (my first one with Star Wars Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels - yay!). The other one which had the DC on it has not been delivered yet and still says it has gone through the Springfield, MA facility "in transit to the destination". (Packages I sent on the 11th and 12th say this as well - I expect a big delivery day tomorrow!).

[quote name='MikeIsGood']This is minimally related to this deal, but the game I'm referring to is one I bought with my credit from this.

I was just given a copy of Madden 10 as a gift, but I also have it on the way from Amazon. The one from Amazon won't be here until the end of the week. I was thinking about opening the copy given to me, then using the receipt to return the copy being sent to me. 1) Is that frowned upon, 2) is that possible, or would the stores be able to track that it wasn't originally theirs?

My impatience reigns supreme.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing wrong with that as long as the items are identical with identical UPC and in identical condition. I'm sure a brand new copy of Madden qualifies. I may end up having to do this with Beatles Rock Band ;). And no, there's no way (unlike with systems which have serial numbers) they know which exact copy they sold you.

[quote name='MikeIsGood']

[/QUOTE]

Yes thats possible. They will have the same UPC and thats the only thing scanned.

[quote name='Jodou']FYI, you have two listings for Resistance on PS3 (and oddly the GH version goes for $3 more). Is this an issue of how the data is tracked or are you able to tag one as GH packaging? I'm guessing there are more of these lurking in the data, but just wanted to point it out.

Also, some of your headers are now overlapping.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm aware of some of the duplicate games. Unfortunately, Amazon has no identifier that a particular game is a Greatest Hits/Re-print version other than a different ASIN. In those rare instances where both titles are listed, you'll just have to check Amazon to see which title the TIV is for.

For the headers that are overlapping, can you PM me an example so I can fix it?

[quote name='theb1rdm4n']How does something like this look? i used 7% tax for testing purposes.

:ds: Super Princess Peach - 29.99/26.99/19.49 --> 20.00 (+0.51) [20.86 --> 20.00 (-0.86)]

edit: as far as the tax rate goes, i think it might be a good idea to use a higher number (like in the 8's) because most the people that worry about tax are the people with higher tax rates, and it will give more of a spread, so you know you will pay somewhere between the no tax and tax values.[/QUOTE]

Listen to me....Don't worry about tax! You were fine. Always put base, its what we always do here on CAG.

Anyone can add their own damn tax rate in the end. And if they can't they need more school.

[quote name='Japakneez']Listen to me....Don't worry about tax! You were fine. Always put base, its what we always do here on CAG.

Anyone can add their own damn tax rate in the end. And if they can't they need more school.[/QUOTE]

alright then, i will leave the format as it was.

ya tax is unnecessary, because i think a good number of CAGs use gift card anyway and don't worry about tax.

if anything maybe add [+tax] to the end of it so people can remember to apply it

Yeah, and don't forget that many people don't even pay tax when using GS credit even in states with sales tax. Sorry, CA and MD (two places where I know you do pay tax even when using credit) ;). They'll just have to factor it in themselves.

[quote name='Japakneez']Listen to me....Don't worry about tax! You were fine. Always put base, its what we always do here on CAG.

Anyone can add their own damn tax rate in the end. And if they can't they need more school.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Why make it difficult for the person posting the info? They can stop being lazy and figure out the tax themselves.

Yeah.. tax shouldn't be included in any calculation due to different tax situation.

For us SoCal people, just add 10% for easier math!!

Hmmm... Slow day for the gold box quick picks. Yet another Full Metal Alchemist box set and another one of these Death Note DVD box sets (seriously, WTF - never heard of it!). I do have two gaming items: 1660 MS points card for $18.99 and R & C Future: A Crack In Time ($54.14). I am somewhat interested in the R&C game but I'm not sure I want to buy it even at the $18 or so it would come out to after gold box + ECA + $30 code. I may just wait till it is Greatest Hits or on clearance at Target (where I got the last one for $15). If I end up with all the codes I expect I may regret that later but hopefully it will show up again in my picks before the end of October when it comes out.

[quote name='Cuksis']Agreed. Why make it difficult for the person posting the info? They can stop being lazy and figure out the tax themselves.[/QUOTE]

Well for me its not too big of a deal to add something simple like tax, although i won't since it seems like a consensus now not to add it. My format is form fed anyways (what, you think i typed all those flips on the second post by hand? that would have taken forever ;)) If it wasn't i definitely wouldn't have the hyperlinks to the gamestop and amazon pages for the game or the green and red colors for the profit based on positive/negative flip. So if anyone does have suggestions for adding something to my format, its really no big problem.

[quote name='io']Yeah, and don't forget that many people don't even pay tax when using GS credit even in states with sales tax. Sorry, CA and MD (two places where I know you do pay tax even when using credit) ;). They'll just have to factor it in themselves.[/QUOTE]Add OK to that list. :(

I'd say leave the tax out, it would make it too confusing. I'm used to calculating my own tax anyway.

[quote name='io']How odd - I've never seen any of mine go through the Shrewsbury, MA facility. They all either go straight from my local sorting facility to delivery or go through Springfield, MA before delivery. I think that was just an oddball fluke.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was convinced they had lost it since there's no logical reason for it to take two weeks to travel

I received my "Damaged - Cracked" disc from them today. It's cracked in half and pretty sure from NorAm handling since I'm shipping it using a box, and bubble wrap around it.

Amazon take care the credit and promo for me though.. pretty easy process once you got the right CSR who knows that Amazon has a trade-in program.

It's Tales of Abyss by the way, and it's a mint disc, what a waste. Now, I'm trying to figure out how should I proceed with the case and manual, since it's mint too. Is there any value for just the case and manual?

just got my notification that my items were accepted. $66.25, just waiting for my $30 credit as well. used UPS and shipped on the 11th. UPS is definitely the way to go!

[quote name='gi60']I received my "Damaged - Cracked" disc from them today. It's cracked in half and pretty sure from NorAm handling since I'm shipping it using a box, and bubble wrap around it.

Amazon take care the credit and promo for me though.. pretty easy process once you got the right CSR who knows that Amazon has a trade-in program.

It's Tales of Abyss by the way, and it's a mint disc, what a waste. Now, I'm trying to figure out how should I proceed with the case and manual, since it's mint too. Is there any value for just the case and manual?[/QUOTE]

Wow - luckily I've had about 10 in a row now without a problem since my "cracked" disc (which turned out to be the tiniest of cracks just in the very center). Did Amazon just give you an extra $30 credit? If so, that's pretty nice.

Did you get this at Gamestop? You could try returning it there saying that this happened as soon as you took it out of the case. There is a chance it did have a small crack beforehand and NorAm's "handling" just made it worse.

If not, I'm sure for that game a mint cover art/manual would have some value on eBay as the game itself is somewhat sought after.

Its not the tax that I want calculated, its the fact that with tax all those games are not + flips. Theyre only + flips for a very select few. I can live without taxes, I agree ther are superfluous, I kind of just want to acknowledge that there are so few + flips due to tax.

[quote name='io']Wow - luckily I've had about 10 in a row now without a problem since my "cracked" disc (which turned out to be the tiniest of cracks just in the very center). Did Amazon just give you an extra $30 credit? If so, that's pretty nice.

Did you get this at Gamestop? You could try returning it there saying that this happened as soon as you took it out of the case. There is a chance it did have a small crack beforehand and NorAm's "handling" just made it worse.

If not, I'm sure for that game a mint cover art/manual would have some value on eBay as the game itself is somewhat sought after.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he gave me the $25 + $30 credit also. It's actually better than the coupon since I can use this on anything. :)

I might try asking Gamestop to give me credit since I did a lot of buying, pre-ordering, and trading there. :) But it's just the heart can't do it since it's not really GS fault. Plus I already got the credit from Amazon.

They received one of my orders today, hopefully they received my USPS order and have yet to credit.

Also, hoping that order was actually postmarked when I dropped it off as it was the DOTD price for Endless Ocean.

Made another trade in order which will be sent out by Friday.

[quote name='watcher0']The $30 coupon more than makes up for minor losses due to tax. And you may need one just for filler. They're still the best flips at present.[/QUOTE]

exactly. my list on the second post is pretty much the best flips right now (that i could find) even though they aren't that good (especially considering you gotta preorder a game to use the coupon and it has a limit of 2 games) but they make good fillers. The list i made before that (the one without a coupon), most the games were last gen and didn't even make a positive flip with or without tax, but i still shared it to make people aware of their options.

[quote name='io']
J7 - Thanks for all the info. I actually read a review of Infinite Space on some site (RPG Gamer maybe?). They seemed to think it was pretty good too. But man, I just can't get ALL these games :lol:. Well, actually, I only have 1 more code right now (but several more should come in next week once all my EO/SW trades get there). So I could do one of those. I dunno - will go read about FF XIII Versus right now and consider that. Sands of Destruction came up pretty cheap already so I may just preorder that without a code.

Alright, J7, I just preordered Sands of Destruction. With gold box + ECA it came out to just $23.53 thus no need to use a code there, really. I think I'll hold off on FF Versus XIII
[/QUOTE]
No problem. Those were some games I was following, though Infinite Space I barely knew anything about, and now much more interested in it! I'm kicking myself for sending $110 worth of games instead of 2 $60 orders, but I was worried they may have not accepted everything. Try choosing one game! Ya, it is probably best to hold off on FFVXIII right now.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Man I hope Gamestop releases another great coupon soon so I can start flipping again.

By the way, I finally received a game in my gold box...unfortunately it was Starcraft II :([/QUOTE]
That's the game I want most. :bomb:

Just a reminder for the $30 code :cool:

Available Games for Pre-Order

:360: / :ps3: / :wii:

Assasin's Creed 2
*Batman Arkham Asylum
($5 off with this code: 5OFFARKM)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Brutal Legend
*Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2
($10 bonus)
Crackdown 2
Dead Rising 2
Demon's Souls
Diablo 3
DJ Hero
Dragon Age Origins
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus
Forza 3
God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
*Guitar Hero 5 w/Van Halen
($10 bonus AND Van Halen free after MIR)
*Halo ODST ($10 bonus)
Halo Reach
Katamari Forever
Left 4 Dead 2
Mario Galaxy 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Mass Effect 2
Metroid Other M
New Super Mario Brothers
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Rock Band Beatles
Uncharted 2

:ds:
Infinite Space
Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
Nostalgia
Sands of Destruction (this is a good one to get a cheap filler game with)

:psp:
Disgaea 2
Final Fantasy Dissidia
Persona

:pc:
Aion
Borderlands
Diablo III
Dragon Age Origins
Starcraft II

* indicates a pre-order bonus. See product page for details

===================================================

**UPDATED 8/17/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

For those with 50% codes and $75 system codes. Here are some items that could appear on amazon at anytime...

SYSTEMS

- Price drop on PS3 to $299
- Price drop on Xbox Elite to $299 on 8/30

ACCESORIES

- 'Logitech G27' Premium Wheel could release with Gran Turismo 5
http://www.gadgetreview.com/2009/08/logitech-g27-racing-wheel-too-cool-for-the-xbox-360.html
g27wheel_set_hi.jpg

- 'Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S' Premium Wheel could release with Forza 3 (G27 competitor w/ 6-speed shifter)

Here's some more $30 goodies:

:ps3:
Katamari Forever

:ds:
Infinite Space
Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
Nostalgia
Sands of Destruction (this is a good one to get a cheap filler game with)

:psp:
Disgaea 2
Final Fantasy Dissidia
Persona

I've already done all of those except Dissidia and Infinite Space (and used $30 codes on all but Sands of Destruction).

Looking at Japakneez's list, there isn't a lot more I want with all the codes I still expect to get: FF XIII for sure, maybe FF Versus XIII if it shows up again in my gold box picks, and possibly Mass Effect 2. I felt burned by the first one dropping so low after buying it at full price but with a spare $30 coupon I may just go for it and just promise myself to play it ASAP and then maybe sell/trade it to get some value back out of it.

Of course, I'm expecting more preorder opportunities to show up by the end of the year (when the codes expire). E.g., whatever happened to DQ IX? That seems as close to coming out as FF XIII in any case so hopefully they'll get that up soon.

I still need to use my $75 system code and my second 50% off code. I'll probably get a DSi with the $75 code. I'd get a second PS3 if the slim was coming out but in no way do I need another phat, even if it does get cheaper. For the 50% off code I'll probably get the Ion drums, though I ceertainly don't need more drums in the house at this point :roll:. Though maybe I should think about getting those headphones - I just can't even fathom paying $80 for headphones though (by the way, they are showing $160 for me, not $200 - did they just drop in price?).

Added to the list. Thanks io.

Man, there really are a ton of interesting games on the horizon. I would probably like to try out 1/4 of them...which is alot of games!

LOL just looked up FFXIII Versus and its release is currently set at Dec 2010. Bad Company 2 is going to be at the end of September. Then again, it could just be a placeholder date.

The Fanatec Racing Wheel is really interesting. Its compatible with 360/PC/PS3! On the Fanatec site it is at a pre-order price of $330 Ouch! But it doesn't look like it will be available on amazon. I hope that changes.

Tried out that site listed several pages back

gazelle.com - Traded in 3 games...got my amazon gift card. Some values suck pretty bad...but some are good!!!

Dumb question - does the ECA discount work on the Ion drums? I know it works on some accessories and not others. That may be the deciding factor for me though ($30 off!).

Heads up! For those oozing Amazon credit, the Xbox 360 black wireless controllers are just $29.99 there and the ECA discount does work on those. I just ordered one for $26.99 with free shipping! (Plus you also get the 5 mp3 downloads with this).

I have 3 controllers and my son has been having friends over a lot recently to play Bomberman and Star Wars Battlefront II. If there's 4 of them they keep having to swap one person out - problem solved, thanks (mostly) to Amazon's trade-in program! ;)

And maybe, just maybe, buying that will result in the Ion drums showing up in my Gold Box quick picks soon!

[quote name='io']:psp:
Final Fantasy Dissidia

Of course, I'm expecting more preorder opportunities to show up by the end of the year (when the codes expire). E.g., whatever happened to DQ IX? That seems as close to coming out as FF XIII in any case so hopefully they'll get that up soon.

Though maybe I should think about getting those headphones - I just can't even fathom paying $80 for headphones though (by the way, they are showing $160 for me, not $200 - did they just drop in price?).[/QUOTE]
Dissidia seems like an especially good pick as long as people hurry up and use the coupon code for $5 off. Though it will be more available for cheap months from now than some of the more rare games.
$36.99 ($3 savings)
$31.99 [$5 preorder code before 8/24?] ($8 savings)
$1.99 [$30 code] ($38 savings)
not including ECA or quick picks

So it's a $40 game for $32 with the discount and $5 code alone.

I believe the prices listed on here, such as the headphones, are before their current discounted prices on Amazon. Although looks like Amazon may just list them at the discounted prices without showing the MSRPs. I'd say the headphones are worth it if you need to be quiet at night and/or really want 5.1. It is strange DQ IX is not available yet.

Hm, should I call support if I got 1 $30 code, when I was supposed to get 2? It hasn't been 10 business days yet but I'd have thought they'd send both at the same time.

[quote name='Samus']Hm, should I call support if I got 1 $30 code, when I was supposed to get 2? It hasn't been 10 business days yet but I'd have thought they'd send both at the same time.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes they send multiples in 1 email. You probably checked, but just in case.

[quote name='Samus']Hm, should I call support if I got 1 $30 code, when I was supposed to get 2? It hasn't been 10 business days yet but I'd have thought they'd send both at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Did you make sure they weren't in the same email? I got 4 in one email the other day. Basically if your trades were accepted on the same day, you get a single email with the codes separated by commas. If they were accepted on different days you usually get a separate email (even if it is generated at the same time like the big set they pushed out last week).

[quote name='io'] Though maybe I should think about getting those headphones - I just can't even fathom paying $80 for headphones though (by the way, they are showing $160 for me, not $200 - did they just drop in price?).[/QUOTE]

Yeah the MSRP dropped and you just reminded me of the reason why. There's a new set on the way and it has 7.1 sound instead of 5.1 in the X4! I'll add it to the list now.

$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X41

[quote name='Japakneez']Yeah the MSRP dropped and you just reminded me of the reason why. There's a new set on the way! I'll add it to the list now.

$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X41[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.. Does anyone here with knowledge of such things know if these are worth the extra $20 (after factoring in 50% off coupon)? I may just have to get these, even though I rarely play online enough to really need the whole mic chat thing. It would actually be more useful to have these for the PS3.

[quote name='io']Hmmm.. Does anyone here with knowledge of such things know if these are worth the extra $20 (after factoring in 50% off coupon)? I may just have to get these, even though I rarely play online enough to really need the whole mic chat thing. It would actually be more useful to have these for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I never really paid attention to the set before. The two biggest complaints I heard of was the hiss and batteries. They supposedly fixed the hiss problem which is probably worth the $20 increase itself. It still uses normal batteries instead of rechargables but the battery life is said to be extended to around 25hrs. Details...

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20512/Turtle-Beach-Announces-Ear-Force-X41-Wireless-Headset/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back