Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got home from work, and I checked the amazon site and thought, shit finally a current gen game that I know is only like $20 used to flip. Then I check GS.com and become a sad panda.

either way I am glad I locked in kingdom hearts and a few others that dropped today. I got some at my local gs so I'll check em out today.

io, I meant that the credit I was going to receive from the trades was going to be used to purchase something with the 50% coupon. The $30 are a seperate blessing.

[quote name='Interfeci']io, I meant that the credit I was going to receive from the trades was going to be used to purchase something with the 50% coupon. The $30 are a seperate blessing.[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha. It would never occur to me to be out of credit ;). The nice thing about these $30 codes is that I'm ordering all this stuff without using much, if any, of the credit I got while obtaining the $30 codes. Until the PS3 Slim purchase (and again when I use the 50% off one on something) I haven't been spending that much actual credit.

I'm afraid to look at what's dropped. I was tempted to lock in KH ReChain and just buy them new for $19.99 (easily available - used is nearly impossible around here). But I guess that boat has sailed...

[quote name='io'] I'm afraid to look at what's dropped. I was tempted to lock in KH ReChain and just buy them new for $19.99 (easily available - used is nearly impossible around here). But I guess that boat has sailed...[/QUOTE]
Wolfenstein PS3 tanked down to $21 (360 version dropped to $22.50 oddly enough), Silent Hill dropped to $8, and KH Rechain is now $12 to name a few.

Only significant gain was Xenogears up to $15.50.

I picked up 2 complete kingdom hearts. I just need one more of those and I can keep a few filler games I want to keep and send in 3 of those and cod4.

There are 2 stores that have them in stock not by me, but on my way to work so hopefully i can grab one more complete one.

I was lucky enough to grab a copy of DiRT for PS3 and some Skate 2's for 360 when I grabbed Batman today. Skate 2's are barely flips, but they give me the filler I need for a $30 coupon. Trying to get all of my big fall games taken care of before this promotion ends.

i mailed 3 games in 1 week ago and they still have not received them. How much longer should I wait until I open a ticket with them?

Decided to cancel a trade of 3 KH:CoM and 2 WSoP for 2 DiRT, 1 KH:CoM, and 2 WSoP. I could not find more than a single complete copy of KH:CoM, and it upped my trade-in from $63.50 to $64.00. I am thinking about getting East India Company with the $30 coupon, but we will see.

[quote name='thenockmlb']Decided to cancel a trade of 3 KH:CoM and 2 WSoP for 2 DiRT, 1 KH:CoM, and 2 WSoP. I could not find more than a single complete copy of KH:CoM, and it upped my trade-in from $63.50 to $64.00. I am thinking about getting East India Company with the $30 coupon, but we will see.[/QUOTE]
Ooo I've been contemplating getting East India Company. Have you read anything about it? Not a bad price either. http://www.amazon.com/East-India-Co..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1251338356&sr=8-1

I have about ~$50 on Gamestop credit now, so I will probably hold off on any minor flips in hopes of a good deal via a coupon that does not require a $65 purchase to use...

[quote name='J7.']Ooo I've been contemplating getting East India Company. Have you read anything about it? Not a bad price either. http://www.amazon.com/East-India-Co..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1251338356&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

I have read a bit about it, but not much. It piqued my interest and definitely warrants a further look. It would only be like $1.50 in Amazon credit after ECA and coupon. However, I may just go with Assassin's Creed II. I guess I need to dig a bit more.

[quote name='thenockmlb']I have about ~$50 on Gamestop credit now, so I will probably hold off on any minor flips in hopes of a good deal via a coupon that does not require a $65 purchase to use...

I have read a bit about it, but not much. It piqued my interest and definitely warrants a further look. It would only be like $1.50 in Amazon credit after ECA and coupon. However, I may just go with Assassin's Creed II. I guess I need to dig a bit more.[/QUOTE]

I have no personal experience but Gameinformer's review of E.I.Company was not all that flattering. It's probably on their site but I'm too lazy to look.

arghh, now I gotta redo my preorders. I gotta cancel MW2 and order GH5 if I want that or Beatles RB. Then when I get my moneyz from the $60 I'm sending in I'll use that on MW2 and something else. Just to confirm that credit and $30 coupon are linked to my account so I dont need to worry about canceling the preorders.

On another note, I went ahead with the Beyerdynamic headset order and e-mailed CS again. They manually adjusted the total to $162.78 and left the 50% off and ECA coupons on the account! :hot: That means I still have 2 50% off coupons to burn! Only bad thing is that the rest of my gift card balance is on hold (because the original price was so much higher) until it ships around the 31st.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great headset. I would watch out with that 50% coupon that is still stuck to your account. It may have not been deactivated yet. But if its still valid on the 31st better think of something nice to buy with it :D

Oh man i finally went for it. I just ordered Rock Band Beatles LE with release date shipping for $110

Argh. I'm going to run outta credit before i can get to my $30 coupons...

$110 Rock Band Beatles (ordered!)
$80 DJ Hero Renegade (order by 8/31)
$280 Zune HD 32gb (order by 9/15)
$280 Panasonic Lumix ZR-1 (order by 9/15)

And i still want another 50% coupon! I sold my old camera and ipod for the Zune and Lumix upgrades so im ok with spending some extra cash. It still kinda hurts though. I don't even know if i want another good coupon! At least it will help us build credit again :lol:

Referring back to when I asked if anyone noticed weird TIV's @ Gazelle earlier, for a bit today they had the following TIV's for game-only Rock Band's & Guitar Hero's

GH Aerosmith, Wii $30, PS3 $17, X360 $18
GH World Tour, Wii $30, PS3 $18, X360 $42
Rock Band, Wii $41, PS3 $42, X360 $49
Rock Band 2, Wii $44, PS3 $45, X360 $58

There were other oddball things like PS3 Force Unleashed showing that it was worth $230 at one time in history. Their site was down for a couple of hours when they fixed everything, but if they would have honored those prices they could have lost a ton of money.

That headset looks like a DT770 with a headset attached to it. I have a DT770 and it is my headhphone of choice for everything. Not practical walking around with it at my uni, but I love them a lot. I own 4 headphones and a few broke ones I gotta rewire. Velour earmuffs so they aren't too tight and they produce a very natural, flat sound.

I wonder how long the cord is on those though, mine is like 10 ft and very annoying since I play games only about 4-5 feet away from stuff.
http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251351431&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1251351862&sr=1-1

[quote name='converse']Referring back to when I asked if anyone noticed weird TIV's @ Gazelle earlier, for a bit today they had the following TIV's for game-only Rock Band's & Guitar Hero's

There were other oddball things like PS3 Force Unleashed showing that it was worth $230 at one time in history. Their site was down for a couple of hours when they fixed everything, but if they would have honored those prices they could have lost a ton of money.[/QUOTE]

oh damn i would have locked those up! I got some guitar hero i want to get rid of LOL. Gazelle crew please PM me if you have anymore finds :cool:

GHWT is now $2 for :ps3: :rofl:

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']

I wonder how long the cord is on those though, mine is like 10 ft and very annoying since I play games only about 4-5 feet away from stuff.
http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251351431&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1251351862&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about this specifc model but high-end headphones usually have the swirly cord. Those are extra long....well beyond 10 feet. I guess you could just google for more pics.

[quote name='Japakneez']I'm not sure about this specifc model but high-end headphones usually have the swirly cord. Those are extra long....well beyond 10 feet. I guess you could just google for more pics.[/QUOTE]

DJ Headphones usually have coiled ones. But High end montoring or studio ones have straight cords that are always too long. But they're made for use in studios.

I actually modified a fairly cheap set of monitoring audiotechnica ones to use a coilded cord instead of the normal straight one. But that was when I worked at a scanning company and it was loud and too cramped for a 8 ft straight cord.

I'd say that headset is a good bet as it looks to either be the DT770 or 880 with a mic on it. And both of those are great headphones. I cant say about the mic quality though.

Not sure if this was posted already, but if you order a large fountain drink from Jack in the Box, you have a chance of getting one of their prizes. The reason I mention this is because the OP of the "Jack's Big Rip-Off" thread (here on CAG), has gotten two 50% off any used game at GameStop coupons from the instant win thing.

Now, I'm not recommending people start eating at Jack in the Box, but if you already eat there, something to look forward to. Keep in mind, the promotion is only going on in 18 states.

Sorry if no one likes this, but I thought it'd be a good idea to use on flips.

I'm willing to trade my $30 off game code for a 50% off code if someone has one they're not going to use now that the expiration date is coming up. :)

Please ... I'm desperate for Beatles Rock Band.

[quote name='dualedge2']Not sure if this was posted already, but if you order a large fountain drink from Jack in the Box, you have a chance of getting one of their prizes. The reason I mention this is because the OP of the "Jack's Big Rip-Off" thread (here on CAG), has gotten two 50% off any used game at GameStop coupons from the instant win thing.

Now, I'm not recommending people start eating at Jack in the Box, but if you already eat there, something to look forward to. Keep in mind, the promotion is only going on in 18 states.

Sorry if no one likes this, but I thought it'd be a good idea to use on flips.[/QUOTE]

interesting, I was just there but didnt get a large drink. guess i should have.

Amazon Trade-In of the Day
------------------------------------

:wii: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 26.99/24.29/17.54 --> 18.00 (+0.46)

51UcANuTIVL._SY75_.jpg

[FONT=&quot](using coupon: 25% off ALL used games)[/FONT]

[quote name='converse']Referring back to when I asked if anyone noticed weird TIV's @ Gazelle earlier, for a bit today they had the following TIV's for game-only Rock Band's & Guitar Hero's

There were other oddball things like PS3 Force Unleashed showing that it was worth $230 at one time in history. Their site was down for a couple of hours when they fixed everything, but if they would have honored those prices they could have lost a ton of money.[/QUOTE]

OMG I was too fricken slow! ARRGHHHH!
First the good stuff i locked in w/ gazelle trade today 12:00pm:
ballers chosen one = $13 - i had 2 from sears 1.97
madden 09 = $25 my personal copy from HWV sale
GTA IV = $39 complete, $31 disc and manual both from HWV sale
Total, I put together a $250 trade, raiding my personal collection switching cases etc.

I completed the trade and they emailed me the shipping label. I noticed they were offering $31 for Lair so I went to 2 GC and got $87 worth of new and used copies 9.99 new and 7.19 used. On the way home I checked their site on my phone and saw that it was down....OH CRAP... I had a feeling something was up.
Anyway I got home, found the site back up with Lair going for $4! @#$%!!!!
madden 09 now = $4
GTA IV now= $8
My only saving grace was checking SEARS on a whim and finding a random box on the floor in the electronic department with all the games they were about to send back to the manufactor/distributor. At first they said they wouldn't sell them to me but the manager OK'd it. All 1.97, 2.97, 4.97 games. After doing more amazon and gazelle trades this afternoon, I broke even on all but 3 copies of Lair - to go on ebay I guess.
I know I know..thats what I get for being greedy...but I almost pulled it off. i just hope they honor the ones I DID LOCK IN.

Damn, I have an extra copy of NBA Ballers, GTA IV, and the GH games that they were offering a lot for - would have loved to dump them there.

The funny thing was that my wife mentioned Gazelle to me out of the blue today. She read something about them "teaming" with Costco to take back used Electronics. So apparently you can get Costco credit from them as well. What's more ironic is that we were discussing this at the very time period these prices were sky-high. I didn't bother checking, though, because the message that I saw here about it was rather cryptic. I know whoever posted was trying not to give too much away so they didn't drop the prices right away (though they did anyway). But man, it would have been nice if they had at least said how MUCH higher the prices were!

Anyway, the new DotD is one that looks promising on the surface but much to my susprise (again), like Dirt, is not quite as common as I'd have thought. My kids had just been playing the 360 version of Order of the Phoenix last week, actually. The Wii version is available at several stores but by no means all of them. And still, it is only barely better than break-even IF you can use the 25% coupon - so not too exciting unless the coupon on Friday is a good one.

A couple of things: First am I the only one that got "The Ultimate Flea Trap" in their goldbox today? That was somewhat offset by Halo ODST appearing but it just makes no sense.

Also, I sent my second package from NJ yesterday using the new UPS method and it is already "OUT FOR DELIVERY". If it gets there today both of my UPS shipments will have arrived the next day!

Whoo hoo! Trade just got accepted this morning after it arrived yesterday. Now to wait for the coupon so I can preorder/order Guitar Hero 5 :)

Noticed something interesting today. I had preordered Professor Layton using the $30 code and ECA a month ago. Since it was under $30, I found an accessory filler that got me to $29.98 total. I figured being out 2 cents was probably the best I was going to do and didn't worry about it.

Fast forward to today, and I get ODST in my quick picks. Before I applied any new codes, there's a 2 cent promotional credit sitting in my shopping cart. It stuck around when I applied ECA, but disappeared when I applied a new $30 code.

My theory: the $30 code can be spread across orders, but it is seen as a 'lesser' code when you apply a new $30 code and takes the better one instead. I doubt I would personally risk a code in this manner, but maybe someone else could find a way to use it with the cheaper gaming deals.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']That headset looks like a DT770 with a headset attached to it. I have a DT770 and it is my headhphone of choice for everything. Not practical walking around with it at my uni, but I love them a lot. I own 4 headphones and a few broke ones I gotta rewire. Velour earmuffs so they aren't too tight and they produce a very natural, flat sound.

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1251351862&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

MMX 300 - 2.5m, straight + 1.5m USB converter
DT 770 - 3m, single-sided

On the MMX 330 page there's a link to the User Manual under Product Details, which is actually the Beyerdynamic catalog.

[quote name='kojubat']Noticed something interesting today. I had preordered Professor Layton using the $30 code and ECA a month ago. Since it was under $30, I found an accessory filler that got me to $29.98 total. I figured being out 2 cents was probably the best I was going to do and didn't worry about it.

Fast forward to today, and I get ODST in my quick picks. Before I applied any new codes, there's a 2 cent promotional credit sitting in my shopping cart. It stuck around when I applied ECA, but disappeared when I applied a new $30 code.

My theory: the $30 code can be spread across orders, but it is seen as a 'lesser' code when you apply a new $30 code and takes the better one instead. I doubt I would personally risk a code in this manner, but maybe someone else could find a way to use it with the cheaper gaming deals.[/QUOTE]
I discovered this about a month ago but I've been shy about saying anything because I didn't want to tip off any Amazonian's watching that might change that bit of luck. One trick I've been doing is buying a cheap game with the $30 coupon, and then it will apply the rest of the balance from the coupon to an additional promo credit which can accumulate. You can use that promo credit with coupon codes and max out your order a little bit. I just worry that they are going to give a $30 discount only once, and keep the leftover.

Had another trade accepted today. It was received yesterday. So unlike my previous trade-in, this one went back to the normal same day / next day turn around time that I saw with previous trade-ins.

On another note - I sent in my first Gazelle box yesterday. I held off on the other three boxes to see how the first one goes. They provide Priority Mail shipping so it should be there tomorrow.

yes one of my trade-ins were also accepted today. My two final fantasy 7's were accepted. Now just to wait for my other FF7 package to be accepted as well as the 30 coupon. It took a little more than a week with media mail usps.

Quick Question

I sent in two different packages via UPS, and both were delivered earlier today (via UPS tracking) well I only got one email, saying my first package of trade-ins where accepted, but no mention of my second package, even though both were delivered at same time....is this normal? has this happen before?

If you bought something before you got any Amazon credit, but it doesn't ship until months from now (after you got AMZ credit)... will it use your credit or your original payment option? I ask because they apply credit first for any purchase unless you uncheck it.

[quote name='whymustiregister']MMX 300 - 2.5m, straight + 1.5m USB converter
DT 770 - 3m, single-sided

On the MMX 330 page there's a link to the User Manual under Product Details, which is actually the Beyerdynamic catalog.[/QUOTE]

hmm so its pretty long. But with that usb adapter thing its 12 ft. Without 7.5.

Is the mmx330 single sided as well, that is always good to have.

[quote name='craven_fiend']So another day, and more disappointing Quick Picks. Nothing like a free game in there. Big Kahuna Reef [Game Download][/QUOTE]

:lol: That's classic. At least you have a game. Mine went back to be all crap again. And my wife's was mostly water purifying crap. Not a single game between us today. Wow, that's what I get for ordering the PS3 Slim and a ton of games over the last week :roll:.

[quote name='kojubat']Noticed something interesting today. I had preordered Professor Layton using the $30 code and ECA a month ago. Since it was under $30, I found an accessory filler that got me to $29.98 total. I figured being out 2 cents was probably the best I was going to do and didn't worry about it.

My theory: the $30 code can be spread across orders, but it is seen as a 'lesser' code when you apply a new $30 code and takes the better one instead. I doubt I would personally risk a code in this manner, but maybe someone else could find a way to use it with the cheaper gaming deals.[/QUOTE]

You know, I had been seeing oddball 24 cent promotional credits a few times and it never occured to me that it was leftover stuff from when I didn't quite have $30.

For example, when I ordered Sands of Destruction I didn't bother with a $30 code since it was so cheap.
Here's what I ended up with:

Subtotal of Items: $27.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Gold Box Discount: -$1.40
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$2.80
Promotion Applied: -$0.26
Credit Upon Ship: -$0.00
------
Total: $23.53
Gift Cards: -$23.53

That -$0.26 must be from the previous order.
Now, my previous order has this in it:

Promotion Applied: -$0.26
Promotion Applied: -$29.74

So that is pretty strange - I have another one before where I only used $29.74 also so it looks like it took the 26 cents left over, used most of the $30 coupon, then applied the difference from that to Sands of Destruction.

Though later when I ordered Golden Sun and had 26 cents left over from that, it did NOT apply to my Kingdom Hearts preorder (where I didn't use a $30 coupon). I guess that stupid $5 code overrode even the small additional discount.

This is all very confusing ;).

Oh, and by the way, my first UPS submission finally got credited today. It took a full week and the tracking was as bad if not worse than USPS DC. I think I may go back to USPS media mail for future shipments (just sent off two more UPS ones the last couple of days though). The good news is that one of the games was slightly scuffed up and the manual was crumpled a bit - no problems there much to my relief.

How has code delivery from Amazon been this week - are people getting stuff in 2 days again? It could be that there haven't been that many submissions amongst us all though - seems like the reports have slowed somewhat.

[quote name='jacknicklson']You have to apply it to already placed orders. It won't just throw it onto an order because it shipped.[/QUOTE]
That's good I was worried it would use the credit because you're not charged until something ships. So I guess my Windows 7 upgrade order from July won't use my credit when it ships in October.

[quote name='kojubat']
[/QUOTE]
I also got Halo ODST in my quick picks today, yet I haven't ordered anything game related since last fall & had groomed my recommendations for PS3 games. :bomb: Anyone else also get ODST today?

[quote name='io']:lol: That's classic. At least you have a game. Mine went back to be all crap again. And my wife's was mostly water purifying crap. Not a single game between us today. Wow, that's what I get for ordering the PS3 Slim and a ton of games over the last week :roll:.[/QUOTE]
Ditto, but I was specifically targeting Star Wars Sith Edition, so it may not be on the quick picks list yet. I got lots of lawn mowers though, because they're absolutely essential going into winter. . .

No mention of shipment on my PS3 Slim by the way - I doubt it's getting here tomorrow like it still says.

Given that UPS just delivered one of my games (Gunpey which was one of the filler items on a DS preorder) to my neighbor's house I would definitely like to know when to expect that PS3 so I can keep an eye out for it. :roll:

(Yes again)
Quick Question

I sent in two different packages via UPS, and both were delivered earlier today at the EXACT same time -12:46pm- (via UPS tracking) well I only got one email, saying my first package of trade-ins where accepted, but no mention of my second package, even though both were delivered at same time....is this normal? has this happen before? possible my next one will be accepted tommorow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back