Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cuksis - I'm impressed you were able to find that many Skate 2. For whatever reason, that one is rare around here. I tried to get ONE with the 25% Batman coupon and the only close store that supposedly had it said they had sold it earlier that day. And all I could scrounge up from my entire metro area was 1 KH Re:Chain and 2 Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility. I did much better back with the EO/Star Wars Lightsaber Duels trades though. Strange that I don't see the Star Wars game on your list (while you do have EO) - that was my bread and butter ;).

For those wondering how you can use all those codes, I got nearly as many as him and have used 3/4 of them already. If it wasn't for the longer-range preorders it would be hard (like if it had to be spent on stuff that came out before Dec 31st), but being able to preorder things like SMG 2 and Metroid Other M makes it pretty easy. There are others, like FF XIII and maybe Mass Effect 2 that I will probably do as well. Even if it turns out I don't want a few of these games (and it is too late to cancel and re-apply the $30 coupon), I can sell them to get back most of the money.

Then I still have a ton of Amazon credit left over which as Japakneez said can never be enough. I may finally look into getting an HD camcorder for myself this Christmas.

Also, I'm finding out how useful these $30 codes are also. Wish I had more (no, I don't want to buy any).

I've only done 3, going to send in for one more and it would have been nice to grab some more but my GS's are pretty much cleaned out of complete titles that are at least even flips.

Yeah, the time to do it was during the no-strings-attached 25% off coupon :drool:. Plus, of course, you have to have had a lot of GS credit to begin with. Though you could have used cash during that 25% coupon and still done decently. My thing was to convert over a big chunk of my GS credit to somewhere infinitely more useful. I accomplished that and even came out slightly ahead before considering any bonus codes. Those provided the icing on the cake though ;).

you could easily make $25 back on those $30 codes with just selling Microsoft Gold 12+1 Memberships. with code and eca discount, you are paying about $10 in credit. Sell them to fellow Cags for $35 paypal..

[quote name='io']Yeah, the time to do it was during the no-strings-attached 25% off coupon :drool:. Plus, of course, you have to have had a lot of GS credit to begin with. Though you could have used cash during that 25% coupon and still done decently. My thing was to convert over a big chunk of my GS credit to somewhere infinitely more useful. I accomplished that and even came out slightly ahead before considering any bonus codes. Those provided the icing on the cake though ;).[/QUOTE]

Did that too plus used the last couple single console coupons. I think overall I've turned in about $250 in GS credit to about $400 in Amazon credits not including the promo codes. In theory, those would increase my overal amazon "credit" to over $500.

This program has been pretty good so far for me.

:rofl:

So I finally got another game in my gold box quick picks today after having just crap the last 2 days.

And it's this:

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
$29.99 $26.59 (11% off)

Uh, yeah, think I'll pass.

[quote name='watcher0']Cuksis, how much of that was profit, if you don't mind my asking? And what 23 games are you going to use all those coupons on before the end of the year? Got a horde of kids to buy presents for or something?[/QUOTE]

I started with $200 and flipped tons of games with GS during the FNR4, B2G1, & 25% off 4 games sales. This gave me $1600 in GS credit. After buying all the games to flip to amazon and buying a PS3 slim @ GS (tax free :D), along with a few games for the kids and girlfriend, I still have over $100 in GS credit. There's probably 20 different GS locations that are relatively close. Most of my flipping involved me using my motorcycle, which gets 50mpg, so the gas use wasn't too bad. Just kinda sucks fitting tons of games in one backpack.

There's TONS of games I plan on getting. I actually wish I had more codes! My girlfriend wants me to buy a TV for the bedroom, but I haven't decided yet.

Yeah, once you have the codes and the credit, it doesn't take much to go through a lot of them.

With a few exceptions I've gotten all my stuff via the gold box quick picks for even further discount.

But I've used codes on all the following:

:ds:
Golden Sun DS
Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
Nostalgia
Professor Layton 2

:psp:
Disgaea 2
Persona

:wii:
Metroid Other M
NSMB
Super Mario Galaxy 2

:360:
Guitar Hero 5
Halo Wars LE

:ps3:
Katamari Forever
Resonance of Fate

There are a handful there that I would have preordered at GS at full price were it not for this trade-in program (NSMB, SMG 2, Katamari, Layton 2, maybe Zelda DS). So I saved quite a bit by transferring the GS credit to Amazon at a small profit and then getting $30 codes on top of that. And of course I get them delivered to me instead of having to drive 20 miles round trip to my nearest GS store.

Most of the rest I probably would have waited to get used from GS during B2G1 sales or weekly coupons. However, for what ends up being about the same price or even a little less, I'm upgrading to new copies right when they come out and saving myself the time and hassle of finding mint used ones to buy at GS B&M. Well worth it IMO...

With my last few codes there are plenty of things I could get and I have till the end of the year to figure it out. What I don't think I'll have to do is sell them at a discount - I'll find a use for them all. I'm still waiting on Demon's Souls and FF XIII in my quick picks. I also may go for Mass Effect 2 if it ever shows up. And I've passed on things like Uncharted 2 but could always nab that if need be. Plus I'm sure more longer-term things will show up for preorder before the end of the year.

So far I've bought the following games from my goldbox:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time
Gran Turismo 5
Batman: Arkham Asylum
MAG
Heavy Rain
The Last Guardian
Lost Planet 2

:ds:
Scribblenauts (Didn't use a $30 code)

Still waiting for:

WET
Guitar Hero 5
Assassin's Creed II
Bioshock 2
Resonance of Fate
Demon's Souls
Need for Speed: Shift
The Beatles: Rock Band
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Borderlands
Final Fantasy XIII
Bayonetta
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Darksiders
Tekken 6
Red Dead Redemption
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Dead Rising 2
Singularity
Max Payne 3
The Saboteur
Army of Two: The 40th Day
Alpha Protocol

I'm sure there's more, but that's just what I have in my recommendations so far. Getting Brutal Legend & Dragon Age: Origins from the EA Store with the sims cash from the Best Buy fiasco.

[quote name='Cuksis']I started with $200 and flipped tons of games with GS during the FNR4, B2G1, & 25% off 4 games sales. This gave me $1600 in GS credit. After buying all the games to flip to amazon and buying a PS3 slim @ GS (tax free :D), along with a few games for the kids and girlfriend, I still have over $100 in GS credit. There's probably 20 different GS locations that are relatively close. Most of my flipping involved me using my motorcycle, which gets 50mpg, so the gas use wasn't too bad. Just kinda sucks fitting tons of games in one backpack.

There's TONS of games I plan on getting. I actually wish I had more codes! My girlfriend wants me to buy a TV for the bedroom, but I haven't decided yet.[/QUOTE]

Cuksis:

That sounds like a boat load of work. I give you alot of credit for sticking with it. How much time did you put into this venture? If I didn't have a career this would be the way to go..

I only did 5 trade ins but that was from my personal collection and only took me around 1 hour to get my $450 in credit...

good job

Kevin

If a game shows up in my Goldbox, is that the only time I can get it? Theres something there now (golden sun ds) but I want to wait, but if it''s never going to pop back up, i'll just do it now.

[quote name='Estebon']If a game shows up in my Goldbox, is that the only time I can get it? Theres something there now (golden sun ds) but I want to wait, but if it''s never going to pop back up, i'll just do it now.[/QUOTE]

You just never know. I've had stuff pop up more than once and others just once. If you know you want it, order it. You can always cancel later.

Made it to work with time to spare, shift starts at 1pm.

But a good day I'd say. The first GS I went to had a kingdom hearts and world series of poker, but the greatest hits. That shouldn't matter right? And the guy was nice enough to refund me 20% from the 2 kingdom hearts I bought 2 days ago.

49.40 --> 56.50 after tax. and I threw in COD4 to get to $60. So essentially $86.50 if I dont count COD4.

[quote name='kevgret']Cuksis:

That sounds like a boat load of work. I give you alot of credit for sticking with it. How much time did you put into this venture? If I didn't have a career this would be the way to go..

I only did 5 trade ins but that was from my personal collection and only took me around 1 hour to get my $450 in credit...

good job

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Mostly made trips after work. Didn't take as much time as I thought it would. I would use my valuable work time to plan my routes, using GS's inventory tracker and Google Maps, that way I could go in knowing what I was looking for. My girlfriend, nephew, and I teamed up one Sunday with the "25% off up to 4 games" deal and made over $900 in GS credit. Used up our whole Sunday, but had nothing better to do anyways.

@Cuksis & io, you guys are insane. That's an crazy amount of trade-ins. I guess it would help if I took advantage of some of the promotions/GS credit, but I just don't feel like it would be that worth it to me to spend that much time doing so. It's a shame I can't get an edge card for cheap anymore, or that would probably help.

I'm just happy to get what I did on each promotion. Supply around here tends to be somewhat limited, and back around the $75 off console promotion I had to visit about 8 different blockbusters to even find decent enough fodder for just one trade-in.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Made it to work with time to spare, shift starts at 1pm.

But a good day I'd say. The first GS I went to had a kingdom hearts and world series of poker, but the greatest hits. That shouldn't matter right? And the guy was nice enough to refund me 20% from the 2 kingdom hearts I bought 2 days ago.

49.40 --> 56.50 after tax. and I threw in COD4 to get to $60. So essentially $86.50 if I dont count COD4.[/QUOTE]

Greatest Hits for the poker is fine. Sent some normals, some greatest hits, hell even a greatest hits in a normal case!

[quote name='Cuksis']Greatest Hits for the poker is fine. Sent some normals, some greatest hits, hell even a greatest hits in a normal case![/QUOTE]

guess I can trust that testimony.

I forgot to say that me getting that refund was completely YMMV, I got lucky it was a manager that was cashing me out. The normal employees cant do anything. He said something about they cant resell it back to me so he had to just put the 20% on my CC I used.

Off topic, but I preordered GH5, FSSS, and its not set to ship until september 8. WTF is that. I have a feeling that its a mistake and it'll get shipped september1. But I'll be pissed if it hasn't and then it says ships in 24 hrs and is in stock before mine gets shipped. I preordered borderlands and it says it'll ship october 21, it releases the 20. Can anyone comment on preordering from amazon with FSSS?

Also why is big kahuna reef in my gold box, why!!!??? Isnt it free, do I get money back?

i'm prob. LTTP on this, but I dunno why anyone wouldn't do the UPS option instead of USPS when using UPS allows you to track through Amazon! Sooooooo awesome. :D

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']
Off topic, but I preordered GH5, FSSS, and its not set to ship until september 8. WTF is that. I have a feeling that its a mistake and it'll get shipped september1. But I'll be pissed if it hasn't and then it says ships in 24 hrs and is in stock before mine gets shipped. I preordered borderlands and it says it'll ship october 21, it releases the 20. Can anyone comment on preordering from amazon with FSSS?
[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered Batman AA on Sunday, and it says it won't ship until Aug 31st :cry:.

[quote name='Cuksis']Mostly made trips after work. Didn't take as much time as I thought it would. I would use my valuable work time to plan my routes, using GS's inventory tracker and Google Maps, that way I could go in knowing what I was looking for. My girlfriend, nephew, and I teamed up one Sunday with the "25% off up to 4 games" deal and made over $900 in GS credit. Used up our whole Sunday, but had nothing better to do anyways.[/QUOTE]
Nice! I did the same thing during the whole PSP Gripshift ebay thing.
I pretty much visited the whole of DFW gamestops in one weekend.

So many stores, some are surprisingly nice, some are scary....

[quote name='io']Yeah, the time to do it was during the no-strings-attached 25% off coupon :drool:. Plus, of course, you have to have had a lot of GS credit to begin with. Though you could have used cash during that 25% coupon and still done decently. My thing was to convert over a big chunk of my GS credit to somewhere infinitely more useful. I accomplished that and even came out slightly ahead before considering any bonus codes. Those provided the icing on the cake though ;).[/QUOTE]

See that was big for me converting my GS credit to Amazon. Which I successfully completed this week (Thank you Dirt PS3). Not only that I made a profit on the Gamestop credit before bonuses also. I will have a grand total of 4 $30 codes 1 50% off code. Already used one $30 dollar code + eca on Madden 10. And received another $10 Code for buying that. I also purchased a lil quad for my son and picked up the Braveheart blu ray in my Gold Box today. I hope the next trade in deal is as awesome as the last 3 from amazon!!!!

Oh and thanks for the reccomend on Rock Band Beatles io but I don't see me getting the use out of it. I'm thinking the TE stick (because I have SFIV and want Marvel v Capcom) or The Driving force GT or G25 (because I have prologue and GTR 2 for PC)

[quote name='dallow']Nice! I did the same thing during the whole PSP Gripshift ebay thing.
I pretty much visited the whole of DFW gamestops in one weekend.

So many stores, some are surprisingly nice, some are scary....[/QUOTE]

Have you been to the 2 right next to each other over on Greenville Ave? Man, less than a 100 yards apart and one is the smallest GS I have ever seen! Plus they have a water leak and it smells like mildew in there BAD! It's seriously so small that a lot of their merch is in drawers. All the used DS games are out of their boxes in a little glass case and they give you the box from the back when you buy one. If I had to guess I would say it's 20x20ft.

In Irving, even though I don't go there much, they have 2 in the same shopping center and one in the mall across the street!

[quote name='Cuksis']I pre-ordered Batman AA on Sunday, and it says it won't ship until Aug 31st :cry:.[/QUOTE]

I dont get the preordering situation with amazon. B:AA came out when? and it isn't shipped yet. I bet if someone ordered it right now they might get it shipped before the 31st.

nvm, I went to the end of my cart and it says it'll ship sept 2

[quote name='Cuksis']Have you been to the 2 right next to each other over on Greenville Ave? Man, less than a 100 yards apart and one is the smallest GS I have ever seen! Plus they have a water leak and it smells like mildew in there BAD! It's seriously so small that a lot of their merch is in drawers. All the used DS games are out of their boxes in a little glass case and they give you the box from the back when you buy one. If I had to guess I would say it's 20x20ft.

In Irving, even though I don't go there much, they have 2 in the same shopping center and one in the mall across the street![/QUOTE]
Yup, been to all of those! :)

There's a couple in South Dallas that I do not want to go to again.
First time I've seen a bars in on the windows and dealers around the corner.

I went as far out as Roanoke (didn't seem that far on the computer....), drove through ranches and past livestock. (and they didn't even have the right game, mislabled....)

Just traded in Halo 3 and NBA 2K9 for 24 bucks. Applied to my Amazon checkout cart. UPS shipping option was free and pretty damn fast. Might send in Left 4 Dead since last time I looked they are taking it for 20 bucks.

[quote name='dallow']Yup, been to all of those! :)

There's a couple in South Dallas that I do not want to go to again.
First time I've seen a bars in on the windows and dealers around the corner.

I went as far out as Roanoke (didn't seem that far on the computer....), drove through ranches and past livestock. (and they didn't even have the right game, mislabled....)[/QUOTE]

There's one in Plano, connected to a Barnes & Noble. It's probably the biggest one I have ever seen. Plus, they stay open later!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif]GameStop #816
2201 Preston Road Suite E
Plano TX, 75093 US
Mon-Sat 9am-11pm, Sun 10am-9pm

[/FONT]

What to get ?
Ok after looking at Cuksis totals I can post mine and not feel like Im bragging, Just small time compared to you guys.
I have 2 75 dollars off systems coupons [I already have 2 ps3 2 xbox360's one Wii and 2 ds Thanks Io for the bb thread] Have not used these yet.
At first i was going to pick up a psp but with these price drops I might get a another system or two. Are 3 PS3 or xbox to much ? I have a media room and will use ps3 and xbox gaming but more importantly HD DVD(also have 2 of these) and Blu Ray
I have/had 5 50 % off coupons. Got RockBand IOn Drums. Pre-ordered Bettels, DJ Hero, and G27 wheel. I still have one coupon and I might cancel Bettels. Already have tons of instruments and Rock band Ion drums. Again might be over kill. with instruments Was thinking about the headphones, but have a sweet sound system in media room already. Can the X41 be used for other purpose beside games. Like listening to music throughout the house ?
And to top it off I have 4 30 off coupons no where near Cuksis but Im happy with my totals

Well, it looks like my quick picks manipulation has ended, since the last two days of heavy tailoring gave me nothing good. I'm just going to let it sit now and see what comes up.

[quote name='Cuksis']There's one in Plano, connected to a Barnes & Noble. It's probably the biggest one I have ever seen. Plus, they stay open later!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif]GameStop #816[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif]2201 Preston Road Suite E[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif]Plano TX, 75093 US[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif]Mon-Sat 9am-11pm, Sun 10am-9pm[/FONT]
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've been there. Huge!
There's another of those that I recently discovered , also connected to a B&N. It's in Arlington, very close to the new stadium.

I'm curious to see the new "future store" in Southlake. It's like that prototype store in Florida from a while back.

My last off topic post, sorry guys. :)

[quote name='jmiller']What to get ?
Ok after looking at Cuksis totals I can post mine and not feel like Im bragging, Just small time compared to you guys.
I have 2 75 dollars off systems coupons [I already have 2 ps3 2 xbox360's one Wii and 2 ds Thanks Io for the bb thread] Have not used these yet.
At first i was going to pick up a psp but with these price drops I might get a another system or two. Are 3 PS3 or xbox to much ? I have a media room and will use ps3 and xbox gaming but more importantly HD DVD(also have 2 of these) and Blu Ray
I have/had 5 50 % off coupons. Got RockBand IOn Drums. Pre-ordered Bettels, DJ Hero, and G27 wheel. I still have one coupon and I might cancel Bettels. Already have tons of instruments and Rock band Ion drums. Again might be over kill. with instruments Was thinking about the headphones, but have a sweet sound system in media room already. Can the X41 be used for other purpose beside games. Like listening to music throughout the house ?
And to top it off I have 4 30 off coupons no where near Cuksis but Im happy with my totals[/QUOTE]

how did you manage to get the 50% to work with the g27?

jmiller - getting 5 50% off coupons is pretty impressive. Had I known you could get more than 1 per account (and certainly more than 1 per household) I would have gotten more too.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Off topic, but I preordered GH5, FSSS, and its not set to ship until september 8. WTF is that. I have a feeling that its a mistake and it'll get shipped september1. But I'll be pissed if it hasn't and then it says ships in 24 hrs and is in stock before mine gets shipped. I preordered borderlands and it says it'll ship october 21, it releases the 20. Can anyone comment on preordering from amazon with FSSS?[/QUOTE]

FSSS can sometimes take a LONG time to ship. I had one order like that where they didn't even process and ship it for about a week. Then they sent some sort of slow-ass UPS method which took like 10 days.

[quote name='sirplue']i'm prob. LTTP on this, but I dunno why anyone wouldn't do the UPS option instead of USPS when using UPS allows you to track through Amazon! Sooooooo awesome. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm going back to media mail if I do any more trades. It's not a big deal, but how do you track through Amazon? I only see a way to track my own purchases, not my trade-ins. I have just been typing the tracking number (which I had to get from the reprint label trick since I didn't write them down originally) in the UPS web site.

UPS is a solid 8 days for me - nothing less, nothing more. They don't seem to ever make an effort to be faster than that. With the media mail, on the other hand, I've had them get there in as little as 4-5 days. A few have taken longer, but they at least have a chance of arriving quickly - they try to expedite them when they can. It probably doesn't matter much in the long run as it's not like I'm waiting on something for for my next coupon. But I also dislike handing boxes to the retail clerks working at the UPS store. I guess I just don't trust them as much as the postal employees (who I've known for years - they are always the same people vs the revolving door of UPS retail clerks).

It just occured to me that this deal is coming to a close here shortly. I won't be able to think about another set of games till late Monday night and may even miss the deadline there. Hopefully the next promo is a good one (if they even have one). This one will surely be missed ;).

[quote name='backseatdog']how did you manage to get the 50% to work with the g27?[/QUOTE]

Took about 20 min on the phone with Amazon. At first they were like its not working because its a pre-order. Yeah right then just give me the g25. Then I politely asked to speak with a supervisor and they took care of it. I ordered it 5 days ago, should get here in Oct. I didn't use ECA discount(didnt want to press my luck).

Cuksis sounds like me when there were good deals to be had at GS, BBV, and the whole area. Most of the local stuff has dried up so I've been sticking to Amazon & Gazelle trades. I had been flipping prior to June, but just since June I'm sitting at a net profit of $2000 plus, most of it in Amazon credit at this point. I'm saving up for a nice LCD, now I just need to wait and see if any deals come along.

[quote name='io']jmiller - getting 5 50% off coupons is pretty impressive. Had I known you could get more than 1 per account (and certainly more than 1 per household) I would have gotten more too.

FSSS can sometimes take a LONG time to ship. I had one order like that where they didn't even process and ship it for about a week. Then they sent some sort of slow-ass UPS method which took like 10 days.

I'm going back to media mail if I do any more trades. It's not a big deal, but how do you track through Amazon? I only see a way to track my own purchases, not my trade-ins. I have just been typing the tracking number (which I had to get from the reprint label trick since I didn't write them down originally) in the UPS web site.

UPS is a solid 8 days for me - nothing less, nothing more. They don't seem to ever make an effort to be faster than that. With the media mail, on the other hand, I've had them get there in as little as 4-5 days. A few have taken longer, but they at least have a chance of arriving quickly - they try to expedite them when they can. It probably doesn't matter much in the long run as it's not like I'm waiting on something for for my next coupon. But I also dislike handing boxes to the retail clerks working at the UPS store. I guess I just don't trust them as much as the postal employees (who I've known for years - they are always the same people vs the revolving door of UPS retail clerks).

It just occured to me that this deal is coming to a close here shortly. I won't be able to think about another set of games till late Monday night and may even miss the deadline there. Hopefully the next promo is a good one (if they even have one). This one will surely be missed ;).[/QUOTE]

in your trade-in account where open trade-ins are listed. The must-be-post-marked-by date and edit/cancel buttons are replaced with a large "track your package" button. :D

yeah, if my experience with media mail was that speedy (shipping from Hawaii) I'd stick with it as well. Before UPS I would pay for shipping myself (unless I wanted to wait 2-3 weeks...) to get 'er done in a timely fashion.

[quote name='sirplue']in your trade-in account where open trade-ins are listed. The must-be-post-marked-by date and edit/cancel buttons are replaced with a large "track your package" button. :D

yeah, if my experience with media mail was that speedy (shipping from Hawaii) I'd stick with it as well. Before UPS I would pay for shipping myself (unless I wanted to wait 2-3 weeks...) to get 'er done in a timely fashion.[/QUOTE]

Uh, yeah, I don't have such a button. Mine still shows "Ship deadline has passed" and has a "Cancel" button which always makes me nervous since they don't ask for confirmation when you click it. I'm always afraid I'll cancel one I just sent in by mistake (when cleaning up the ones I don't intend to do).

But I mailed one on Monday or Tuesday and I still don't have a tracking button - just the Cancel as always.

I had one order accepted by NorAm via UPS and it never showed a tracking button either. So it is working, much to my relief, as otherwise I'd be freaked out now.

Edit: I wonder if it has anything to do with printing the label right away when submitting the package or waiting. I never print the labels right away since I'll invariably want to edit the submission and mail it several days later. So I always go back and reprint - though you'd think then it would update that button maybe.

But see, if this whole UPS submission thing is flaky like this then there's yet another reason for me to avoid it in the future ;).

Edit #2: Yep, dropped one off on the 25th and one on the 26th and neither show any dropoff info (one strike against UPS right there as it doesn't get "postmarked" in time like when I get DC at the USPS). But they both show that they left the local distribution center (several hours after I dropped them off) and then that they left the major airport (and are now "in transit" to Hudson, MA). So you'd think any update that results in the button being put up would have made it back by now. How strange. At what point are you seeing this tracking button show up?

I tried the ups method and on
my tracking info it's been showing in transit to since yesterday at the dropoff location however there's been no confimration that it's been delivered

[quote name='io']jmiller - getting 5 50% off coupons is pretty impressive. Had I known you could get more than 1 per account (and certainly more than 1 per household) I would have gotten more too.
[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have been just one account. I submitted two $50 orders from one account and only got one 50% coupon. The system also doesn't let me use more than one 50% coupon per account.

[quote name='Japakneez']Couldn't have been just one account. I submitted two $50 orders from one account and only got one 50% coupon. The system also doesn't let me use more than one 50% coupon per account.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm - I was about to try to use my other 50% coupon on my main account for the X41's. I guess I'll have to use my wife's account for that. If I try it on mine first, though, it will still let me use it on the other, right? I'd hate for it to go into the ether...

It's posts like Cuksis' that make me wish I had better stores around me. I only got a quarter of what he did, with half of the money. Tsk.

One of my GSs has a ton of games, but absolutely no boxes, art, or manuals. That one set me back drastically.

Also, it seems like my orders went through after being held hostage at UPS for a few days. Is the $30 also sent in an email?

[quote name='Interfeci']It's posts like Cuksis' that make me wish I had better stores around me. I only got a quarter of what he did, with half of the money. Tsk.

One of my GSs has a ton of games, but absolutely no boxes, art, or manuals. That one set me back drastically.

Also, it seems like my orders went through after being held hostage at UPS for a few days. Is the $30 also sent in an email?[/QUOTE]

Yea. The $30 promo is in an email.

Also keep in mind that UPS doesn't work on Saturdays.

[quote name='bgame2']Does anyone know if I can use a "promotional balance" and one of the $30 promo coupon codes in the same transaction?[/QUOTE]

Promo balance works just like a promo coupon. It will only accept the highest discount.

You can use promo coupons with your amazon 'card balance'. We call this amazon credit here on CAG (our accumulated balance from game/movie trade-ins).

[quote name='io']Hmmm - I was about to try to use my other 50% coupon on my main account for the X41's. I guess I'll have to use my wife's account for that. If I try it on mine first, though, it will still let me use it on the other, right? I'd hate for it to go into the ether...[/QUOTE]

I have 2 accounts....

MAIN account - earned my first 50% coupon and pretty much have all my credit here.

BACKUP account - earned my second 50% coupon here.

I already used one 50% coupon with my MAIN account. A couple days later I attempted to use my second 50% coupon on my main account and got this message...

We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions.

Now here is what you really want to hear. IT DID NOT STICKY THE COUPON TO THE MAIN ACCOUNT! I successfully applied the 50% coupon to my Backup account just a few minutes ago :applause:

Thanks - I'll just order the X41's on my wife account right away then. It doesn't really matter that much. In fact, I have some credit there I might as well use. I guess I'll do the deed now so I don't forget about it.

Edit - So, does everyone else get a "Tracking" button on their trade-in account page after they mail something via UPS? I can't be the only one not getting one, can I?

i don't see any such tracking button either, and i sent a package out with UPS today, which is already in transit (checked ups website). so your not alone.

TOTD
Gears of War 2 $22

This is interesting. I have the original in mint condition that i never got around to playing. The GOTY edition is currently $37 at amazon ($33.30 after ECA) for an $11 difference. I guess i should trade in the original although the bonus GOTY content is practically online MP only....

But i need some gamestop PS2 flips. Anyone discover some good ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back