Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Estebon']I'll be going for this deal, but if anyone wants to trade it for the $30 off a video game code later on when I get it, let me know.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely trade a $30 console code for a $30 video game code.

went through the blu rays that Im trying to get rid and a few games...came up with 186 tiv for them....cant play blu rays anymore so just want them gone. Would be nice to have a promo

[quote name='BlueLobstah']There is a limit of how many copies you can send in (including canceled orders), so as long your Valkyria Chronicles count is < 4 for both orders, you should be fine to omit them from the first order and ship them via a new one.

Just a reminder on the tracker I've put together, since I've seen a few of you have been asking about price drops. FYI, there's a bunch of new titles (including 50c ones) that have been added recently, so you may want to check out to see if anything new you own is eligible. Also don't forget the graph icon for each title will show the history of the item.[/QUOTE]
The tracker is a great tool. Any chance you can make available for download the raw data as csv or xml files?

[quote name='basketb']The tracker is a great tool. Any chance you can make available for download the raw data as csv or xml files?[/QUOTE]

Sure thing. I might could have something out by the end of the week.

In the meantime, if you know how to use SQLite, the raw data is available in a SQLite database at http://ativ.scurker.com/app/tracker.db.

Kinda mad that this promo came so late. It would be almost difficult to send in trades, wait for them to get approved...AND get the $30 coupon and then purchase the Elite before Oct 5 :bomb:

This promo is pretty much only good for people wanting to get an Elite since it would be a $30 coupon, $50 mail in rebate, PLUS whatever amount you traded in.

^^ Or not too bad on a DS Lite or something too ;)

[quote name='RedGamer']
Here is the deciding question:

Did the $30 coupons stack with the $75 console coupons?[/QUOTE]

No, in general it seems Amazon only allows one "$x off" coupon at a time. ECA stacks (on games, not systems) because it is a percentage. But they gave me a $5 promo instead of a refund on something that dropped in price and it won't apply when I'm using a $30 code but is there if I don't. However, the $10 GH5 coupon did seem to stack with the $30 code - so go figure. But for sure, the $30 and $75 did NOT stack - that was discussed here as I surely would have used one to get my PS3 Slim.

[quote name='KingofGames']Do these codes typically stack? If I end up with 10, can I apply all 10 towards a single order?[/QUOTE]

See above - no, ESPECIALLY if they are the exact same coupon! On occasion two different types have stacked (for example the $30 one and the GH5 $10 one). But the same type of code never does.

[quote name='osugsxr']went through the blu rays that Im trying to get rid and a few games...came up with 186 tiv for them....cant play blu rays anymore so just want them gone. Would be nice to have a promo[/QUOTE]

whatever blu rays you're trading, I'd match their price with cash.

[quote name='United_Korea']disappointing promo is disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It seems like an opportunistic stab by Amazon to raise both trade-ins and console sales around when a new handheld is coming out (PSP Go) and prices have been lowered on all the consoles.

Hey guys, I read the FAQ but didn't want to search through 100+ pages...

Has anyone sent in games from the Hollywood Video sale (AKA in hollywood video case, or in my example, a 360 game with the HWV sticker on it, in a black generic DVD case (with manual + cover art, good condition overall)?

Just wondering...I don't want it to get denied :(

[quote name='Rhett']Hey guys, I read the FAQ but didn't want to search through 100+ pages...

Has anyone sent in games from the Hollywood Video sale (AKA in hollywood video case, or in my example, a 360 game with the HWV sticker on it, in a black generic DVD case (with manual + cover art, good condition overall)?

Just wondering...I don't want it to get denied :([/QUOTE]

Comments like these surprise me, as there's a 'Search this Thread' function. I was unaware it was broken, as that must be the only reason to post these kinds of questions.

But to answer it simply, no. They want complete games, which means games in their 'original' cases.

[quote name='Interfeci']Comments like these surprise me, as there's a 'Search this Thread' function. I was unaware it was broken, as that must be the only reason to post these kinds of questions.

But to answer it simply, no. They want complete games, which means games in their 'original' cases.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't even aware of it, will probably never use it either. Thanks for the reply though :D

I guess I'll just swap it out with one of my other 360 games (the case).

[quote name='dino88']:ps3:The Chronicles of Riddick: $16.25 to $4.50
:ps3:UFC Undisputed: $31.25 to $28.75[/QUOTE]

I found a couple more drops:

:ps3:Fallout 3 - $17.50 to 12
:ps3:Killzone 2 - 25 to 23
:ps3:MAG - 28.50 to Does this game even have a release date yet?

[quote name='Rhett']Wasn't even aware of it, will probably never use it either. Thanks for the reply though :D

I guess I'll just swap it out with one of my other 360 games (the case).[/QUOTE]

Good show, man.

Don't let the asshole get you down. =)

I guess we won't be getting any good promos as long as people are trading in games during no promo and bad promo periods.

Ahhhh... the good ole days of yesteryear when you could get a $75 coupon for trading in $75.

Oh that was this summer?

[quote name='io']

See above - no, ESPECIALLY if they are the exact same coupon! On occasion two different types have stacked (for example the $30 one and the GH5 $10 one). But the same type of code never does.[/QUOTE]

Thanks io. I'm somewhat interested, but I don't really need another console.

[quote name='skizm']so i read in the FAQ here that if you edit your trade-in order, the TIVs you locked in will all be changed to today's TIVs.

a couple days ago i locked in a pretty large trade that included, of course, valkyria chronicles.

however i haven't shipped the games yet, so do you guys think i could just open a new trade-in order and not include VC in the first one? i mean, what can they possibly do, right?[/QUOTE]

I think you just figured out the new lock-in method...'forgetting' to put everything in the box you send. :rofl:

Haven't done one in a while but I picked up 3 copies of Mini Ninjas for $61.96 and going to flip them to Amazon for $25 each + $30 coupon.

Item(s) Subtotal: $89.94
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$8.99 (ECA)
Promotion Applied: -$10.00 (?)
-----
Total Before Tax: $61.96
Sales tax: $0.00
-----
Total for this Shipment: $61.96

OK, so is there a way to tell once you've mailed something off if you picked the USPS or UPS options? I mailed 3 packages last Monday (2 via USPS, 1 via UPS) and had two of them received and credited today. I think they are the USPS packages, which I'm assuming got there on Saturday then. The UPS one shows delivered today but I think that has not been credited yet. Either that or one of the USPS ones hasn't gotten there. But I just can't figure out from my transaction page or emails from Amazon which method I chose on which order.

By the way, I sent in a partial shipment and they credited the one game (of 3) that I sent and kept the rest of the order under the "Open" trade-ins section with "Not Yet Received" for the other 2 games. That didn't happen to me last time I did this. Back then they moved the whole thing to "Closed". As long as I get the credit for the one I don't care how they handle it though ;).

I've just made my first two trades to Amazon about 10 days + ago, in two seprate boxes at two different UPS locations. First one shows up in my Amazon account as being received today, but the second still doesn't show that I have shipped it, even though the UPS clerk scanned it and gave me a receipt.

I'm getting nervous as the second trade has an expiry date 24 hours away, and that was a ToTD special, so will Amazon go ahead and cancel it? If I have the shipment recipt, does Amazon take that as proof I shipped the game (in case the shipment somehow got lost).

Thanks for any help in advance...

[quote name='mitemouse']360 nfs: shift is a decent flip. $36 with eca. 35 in credit.[/QUOTE]

thanks.. i just grabbed a cod waw for $20 locally (TIV at $25) :lol:

I sent in half of my Wii games... so I can get a PS3! :D
8 games came to a total of $95. I hope they take all of them because some of the games I sent weren't in the greatest condition... especially Mario Galaxy... which I bought used.

Im also going to sell my Wii and the other half of my games to help me get the PS3.

[quote name='estofan']I've just made my first two trades to Amazon about 10 days + ago, in two seprate boxes at two different UPS locations. First one shows up in my Amazon account as being received today, but the second still doesn't show that I have shipped it, even though the UPS clerk scanned it and gave me a receipt.

I'm getting nervous as the second trade has an expiry date 24 hours away, and that was a ToTD special, so will Amazon go ahead and cancel it? If I have the shipment recipt, does Amazon take that as proof I shipped the game (in case the shipment somehow got lost).

Thanks for any help in advance...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dino88']^There's a tracking code on the receipt. Go to ups.com and see where your package is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure what is showing that you haven't shipped yet. If you are talking about the Amazon trade-in page it always says that until it is too late to ship at which time it says "Shipping deadline has passed". It won't change until they receive and process the package. But in my experience it has nothing to do with whether or not you actually shipped it yet (though others get tracking buttons on their trade-in page). But as dino said, check the UPS tracking on the UPS web site. That's how I know my UPS package got delivered today though I think I have yet to get credit for that one.

So, no one knows how to see what method you chose for shipment? I guess from now on I should note that on my spreadsheet of Amazon trade-ins/purchases. I had marked when I shipped it but not the method. And I keep changing which one I want to use: USPS for speed and convenience, UPS for tracking and insurance.

[quote name='newlu']Haven't done one in a while but I picked up 3 copies of Mini Ninjas for $61.96 and going to flip them to Amazon for $25 each + $30 coupon.

Item(s) Subtotal: $89.94
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00 (?)
-----
Total Before Tax: $61.96
Sales tax: $0.00
-----
Total for this Shipment: $61.96[/QUOTE]

That $10 is probably from when you buy a game and get a GC deal.

Anyway, do you have to apply 3 Old ECA to get the discount? Edit: NVM.. found the answers.

In case you haven't noticed already, gamefly.com has Mario Super Sluggers for $14.99+tax (free shipping) and it trades into amazon for $20 at this moment. Get your orders and trade-ins in now! :) Hopefully Gamefly gets the games to me by October 6th.... EDIT: also hopefully gamefly doesn't have some unspecified limit on copies ordered - it let me put in 3 separate orders, so hopefully not!

[quote name='dualedge2']Trade-In Deal of the Day: Rock Band 2 (Wii) $22.[/QUOTE]

I just got a 360, so I was thinking maybe I should trade-in my copy of RB2 for Wii, but nobody takes the drums and guitar and the price of the special edition has gone up at amazon - it's no longer $99. Still... I might take advantage of this trade-in value and hope the special edition drops back to $99 sometime soon. Or maybe I'll just stick with the Wii version. Hmm....

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has the $10 promo added back onto it now.

I cancelled and re-ordered just now. My 50% code I had used still applied when I re-ordered. Also, I stacked a newer ECA code with the one I had used previously (which applied automatically). So, got an extra $8 credit back. nice.

[quote name='io']Yeah, I'm not sure what is showing that you haven't shipped yet. If you are talking about the Amazon trade-in page it always says that until it is too late to ship at which time it says "Shipping deadline has passed". It won't change until they receive and process the package. But in my experience it has nothing to do with whether or not you actually shipped it yet (though others get tracking buttons on their trade-in page). But as dino said, check the UPS tracking on the UPS web site. That's how I know my UPS package got delivered today though I think I have yet to get credit for that one.

So, no one knows how to see what method you chose for shipment? I guess from now on I should note that on my spreadsheet of Amazon trade-ins/purchases. I had marked when I shipped it but not the method. And I keep changing which one I want to use: USPS for speed and convenience, UPS for tracking and insurance.[/QUOTE]

It showed up on my Trade-in account page as deadline passed... the receipt I have shows the same tracking number as the label I printed out, and for some reason, I cannot locate the shipment on the UPS website. I chose UPS Ground as this was one of the two default choices (the other being USPS).

Hopefully, with the receipt in-hand, I'll be able to claim some kind of compensation from Amazon? Has anyone had the unlucky experience of having trade-in shipments lost when you send them in? How does Amazon respond to those?

Thanks again for the help!

[quote name='Vortextk']Buying from and trading back to amazon, should I just leave everything sealed?..[/QUOTE]

I've left stuff sealed before and had it accepted no problem. I've also opened the stuff from Amazon that I'm trading back in and had it accepted as well without problems...

I supposed if you leave it sealed that means someone who buys a "new" copy later is actually getting one?

[quote name='estofan']It showed up on my Trade-in account page as deadline passed... the receipt I have shows the same tracking number as the label I printed out, and for some reason, I cannot locate the shipment on the UPS website. I chose UPS Ground as this was one of the two default choices (the other being USPS).

Hopefully, with the receipt in-hand, I'll be able to claim some kind of compensation from Amazon? Has anyone had the unlucky experience of having trade-in shipments lost when you send them in? How does Amazon respond to those?

Thanks again for the help![/QUOTE]
I don't think Amazon would do anything in the event of a lost shipment since it really isn't their fault. You may have some luck with UPS as all ground shipments are automatically insured up to $100. Just have your Amazon trade-in confirmation as proof and you might be able to get that amount refunded to you.

[quote name='Vortextk']Buying from and trading back to amazon, should I just leave everything sealed?..[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't. You have no way of verifying the contents if you don't (the contents could be broken, scratched, or missing altogether) and it will simply get rejected once they open it. If NorAm isn't checking sealed contents, that's their risk to take, not yours.

I got the credit for my UPS shipment that arrived yesterday today. So I sent 3 packages last Monday: 2 via USPS and 1 via UPS. The USPS packages arrived most likely on Saturday (so a nice 5-day shipping) while the UPS one took 7 days, which is faster than normal for them (my others took 8-9 days).

I just sent another in via USPS yesterday and will be sending a UPS one later this week for the $30 system code.

And I've given up on my Amazon gold box quick picks so I will be burning the rest of my $30 codes today on preorders so I can double-stack ECA. It doesn't end up being a much greater discount because I had cancelled stuff that I got in my quick picks and never got it back (SMG 2 and Metroid Other M most notably). So in the end I only get 5% more discount since the quick picks discount won't be there. Oh well...

I'm still not even sure I want Metroid or Mass Effect 2 (another I may do) at release so I may yet cancel them again later if another deal comes along before the end of the year (when the $30 codes expire). Though if these are anything like the 50% off codes maybe they can even be reapplied after the end of the year to future games.

[quote name='gi60']...FAQ (Updated 9/10/09)
How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 2 - 3 months period (This limit also include prior "Cancelled Submissions")
...[/QUOTE]
They seem to have removed the restriction to also count canceled submissions. At least I was able to submit a trade including a game that was part of three previously canceled submissions.

Final update...

[quote name='Japakneez']
Amazon deposited credit for my Left 4 Dead games on the 11th. I received two $30 coupons on the 18th.

Gazelle received my games on the 11th, approved my credit on the 16th, and deposited paypal credit on the 18th.

Bestbuy received my order on the 17th. They mailed my gift card on the 24th and I received it on the 28th

[/QUOTE]

It took usps mediamail 3 days to get to the bestbuy trade in center. This was from west coast to east coast. I love usps.

[quote name='Japakneez']
It took usps mediamail 3 days to get to the bestbuy trade in center. This was from west coast to east coast. I love usps.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's unusual even on their best days. Like I said mine still took 5 west to east... Still not bad, though, and better than UPS ;).

[quote name='ky151']I don't think Amazon would do anything in the event of a lost shipment since it really isn't their fault. You may have some luck with UPS as all ground shipments are automatically insured up to $100. Just have your Amazon trade-in confirmation as proof and you might be able to get that amount refunded to you.[/QUOTE]

UPS insurance should cover lost shipments. Amazon did cover a lost trade in I did through USPS Media. Also gave me the $30 bonus credit I would have gotten. It did take me like 6 emails over a few weeks and one long phone call though.

Can anyone confirm that if I canceled a pre-order with the 50% off, it would apply to my next purchase? I'm considering doing that, but only if a fellow CAG will let me know it's safe.

[quote name='GuardianE']Can anyone confirm that if I canceled a pre-order with the 50% off, it would apply to my next purchase? I'm considering doing that, but only if a fellow CAG will let me know it's safe.[/QUOTE]

I did that earlier today and it worked on my next purchase.

If I send games tomorrow to trade in, do you think I have a good chance that the trade in will be processed fully by 10/5 so I can use it for an XB Elite and still get the $50 mail in rebate which expires on 10/5? Basically, that only gives me 4 days. I'm not sure how long it will take for my games to get to Amazon.

Thanks

[quote name='Gooter']If I send games tomorrow to trade in, do you think I have a good chance that the trade in will be processed fully by 10/5 so I can use it for an XB Elite and still get the $50 mail in rebate which expires on 10/5? Basically, that only gives me 4 days. I'm not sure how long it will take for my games to get to Amazon.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

probably not because the promo coupon usually take 2-7 days to get after the games are accepted.

[quote name='Gooter']How long does it take for Amazon to receive the games after I ship them? 3-5 days? Unless I pay for overnight shipping myself?[/QUOTE]

it takes mine 2-4 days, but usually 2 days using media mail on the east coast.. It takes about 3-6 days using ups..

so 3-5 days is a good estimate just matters where you are at... if you just wanted to use the credit you would get from the trade in then you should be alright, but if you wanted to do the promo, it would be too close and most likely wouldnt get the coupon before the 5th.

and dont overnight it, just a waste of money unless you have a huge trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back