Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doubledown'] Trade value is $105.75 currently. GameStop MIGHT get me more by a few dollars, but Amazon credit seems more useful. Toys R Us was $99ish I believe.[/QUOTE]

Just to nudge your own feelings in the same direction, yeah even if gamestop gave you something like 115, it would hardly seem worth it.

2 amazon 60$ retail games, let's say amazon priced 57 each with free shipping + no tax(presumably, most states anyway) is going to end up at 114. The 2 same games at gamestop would cost me 127.20 after tax, plus a short drive there and back. And of course you're free to spend your amazon credit on anything, I bought a new beard trimmer last month =)

I imagine COD 4 dropping soon if slowly and madden 10 will probably do nothing but drop. Halo 3 fluctuates, it was slowly going down for awhile when I eventually traded mine at around 16~ I think, but then it was at 20 last time I looked.

You could wait a week or so if you really wanted, then make the trade order which gives you almost another week of waiting before you send it in.

You are right if you are only buying new games, but if you are willing to buy used, then Gamestop credit can be more valuable. For example I was looking at doing the buy $80 get $40 credit deal at amazon, but then I found that most of the games I was interested in were cheaper at Gamestop used, some by a wide margin, and they were all available complete from gamestop.com and there is the CAG16 and EDGE discounts along with SAVER. Since I have no problems with used games, that's obviously the way to go. For example Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1) is $6.99 used/complete at Gamestop before the CAG16 and EDGE discounts, and $17.48 (new) at Amazon. Plus I don't have to buy $80 worth of games to get the deal. I do have to buy $25 worth of games to get free shipping, though, but that's still a lot less then having to fork out $80 up front.

MUA works out to $5.48 after discounts plus MD 6% tax. Cheap! Other games I was looking at include Amped 3 (same price as MUA at Gamestop.com) and some others. I haven't actually pulled the trigger on that order, though, due to the rumors of b2g1 next week at Gamestop. That will work out even better.

^^^ This... I used to buy all new games when Gamerush had the $30 preorder deal (preorder any new game for $30 when trading 2 games - plus you kept the credit). When that ended I started to wait for used games given that I had a lot of GS credit plus Edge + B2G1 usually... So now that ECA is dead I'm going to slow down on my Amazon purchases. I still have a ton of credit, but I'll probably use that on non-gaming items - this is the big advantage of Amazon credit of course. But if you are talking strictly gaming money and are OK with searching for decent copies of used games, I think GS credit can be very useful.

By the way.. I just got an email from Amazon.. that if you buy $50 Haloween GC, you get $5 extra... not bad if you want to use your $30 coupon toward console, and need additional cash to pay for the balance.

Edit: I just read the fine print, and it's a $5 promo code not $5 GC.. but it's still an extra saving right. :) I'm going to buy 1 $50 GC, since I have to pay for my MW2 anyway.

By the way, I only receive 1 email out of 3 Amazon accounts, so not sure if it's account specific. But if you're going to spend the cash anyway, might as well try it out.

*Receive $5 off a future Amazon.com retail order when you purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card of $50 or greater in a single qualifying purchase between October 23, 2009, and October 31, 2009. If you make a qualifying purchase and do not cancel, a promotional code of $5 will be sent to this email address by November 30, 2009, and is good for one month from the date of the email. Code may be applied only to products sold by Amazon.com and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site. Restrictions apply. See www.amazon.com/promos for complete details.

[quote name='gi60']By the way.. I just got an email from Amazon.. that if you buy $50 Haloween GC, you get $5 extra... not bad if you want to use your $30 coupon toward console, and need additional cash to pay for the balance.[/QUOTE]
Oh word; I assume by Halloween GC you mean credit bought before the end of the month, right? I'll jump on that since I will be using my $30 coupon afterall.

[quote name='gi60']By the way.. I just got an email from Amazon.. that if you buy $50 Haloween GC, you get $5 extra... not bad if you want to use your $30 coupon toward console, and need additional cash to pay for the balance.[/QUOTE]
Oh word; I assume by Halloween GC you mean credit bought before the end of the month, right? I'll jump on that since I will be using my $30 coupon afterall.

Looks like Amazon won't have USPS available for trading in VG anymore. I was using UPS anyway since it has tracking and I can drop it off at my office's mailroom, but here's the ruling from the post office:

Computer Readable-Media Eligibility for Media Mail Prices
September 2009

PS-334 (473.2.2i)

This Customer Support Ruling discusses the eligibility of computer-readable media at the Media Mail prices.
Domestic Mail Manual (DMM) 473.2.2.i provides that computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media may be mailed at Media Mail prices.
Media Mail, or “book rate,” as it was formerly known, was initially designed in 1938 to provide lower postal prices for the mailing of books. From the beginning of Media Mail, the policy behind this classification has been to encourage the flow of educational materials through the mail. As technology developed and the means of disseminating information changed, Congress expanded the Media Mail classification gradually to include such material as films.
While video games may be read on computers, unlike books or films eligible for Media Mail prices, which predominantly further educational or informational goals, games, including board games and games in an electronic format, are used primarily for entertainment and they do not serve the same purpose as books, films, or other qualifying Media Mail. In 1984, in creating the computer-readable media classification, the then Postal Rate Commission (PRC) stated “a review of the historical background of the special fourth-class (Media Mail) mail subclass demonstrates that the purpose of this favored subclass is to promote ‘educational, cultural, scientific, and informational values’ (39 U.S.C. sub-section 3622(b)(8)) and indicates that at intermittent points in time, this subclass has been enlarged to include technologically newer methods of disseminating information. The Postal Service’s proposed changes continue this process by recognizing that computer-readable media …contain information similar to those already eligible to be mailed at special fourth-class rates and further the same goals.”
In conclusion, video games, whether on CD-ROM, diskettes, or similar software, regardless of form, or playable systems including computers, do not meet the standards for Media Mail. In addition, storage devices such as “portable hard drives,” "thumb drives," "flash drives," "jump-drives," and "USB drives” for use with computers are also not eligible for Media Mail prices. Qualifying computer-readable media may contain no advertising except when provided for by standard, e.g. incidental announcements of other books with books in a computer-readable format.
*See also DMM 173.3.2.i and 373.2.2.i

(Signed)
Lizbeth Dobbins
Manager
Mailing Standards
Headquarters, U.S. Postal Service
Washington DC 20260-3436

Looks like Amazon won't have USPS available for trading in VG anymore. I was using UPS anyway since it has tracking and I can drop it off at my office's mailroom, but here's the ruling from the post office:

Computer Readable-Media Eligibility for Media Mail Prices
September 2009

PS-334 (473.2.2i)

This Customer Support Ruling discusses the eligibility of computer-readable media at the Media Mail prices.

Domestic Mail Manual
(DMM) 473.2.2.i provides that computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media may be mailed at Media Mail prices.
Media Mail, or “book rate,” as it was formerly known, was initially designed in 1938 to provide lower postal prices for the mailing of books. From the beginning of Media Mail, the policy behind this classification has been to encourage the flow of educational materials through the mail. As technology developed and the means of disseminating information changed, Congress expanded the Media Mail classification gradually to include such material as films.

While video games may be read on computers, unlike books or films eligible for Media Mail prices, which predominantly further educational or informational goals, games, including board games and games in an electronic format, are used primarily for entertainment and they do not serve the same purpose as books, films, or other qualifying Media Mail. In 1984, in creating the computer-readable media classification, the then Postal Rate Commission (PRC) stated “a review of the historical background of the special fourth-class (Media Mail) mail subclass demonstrates that the purpose of this favored subclass is to promote ‘educational, cultural, scientific, and informational values’ (39 U.S.C. sub-section 3622(b)(8)) and indicates that at intermittent points in time, this subclass has been enlarged to include technologically newer methods of disseminating information. The Postal Service’s proposed changes continue this process by recognizing that computer-readable media …contain information similar to those already eligible to be mailed at special fourth-class rates and further the same goals.”

In conclusion, video games, whether on CD-ROM, diskettes, or similar software, regardless of form, or playable systems including computers, do not meet the standards for Media Mail. In addition, storage devices such as “portable hard drives,” "thumb drives," "flash drives," "jump-drives," and "USB drives” for use with computers are also not eligible for Media Mail prices. Qualifying computer-readable media may contain no advertising except when provided for by standard, e.g. incidental announcements of other books with books in a computer-readable format.

(Signed)
Lizbeth Dobbins
Manager
Mailing Standards
Headquarters, U.S. Postal Service
Washington DC 20260-3436

[quote name='Thraka']
snip

[/QUOTE]

booooo - this will likely affect way more than just Amazon from the sounds of it.

e[quote name='io']So now that ECA is dead I'm going to slow down on my Amazon purchases. But if you are talking strictly gaming money and are OK with searching for decent copies of used games, I think GS credit can be very useful.[/QUOTE]
I agree, I'm not of the same mindset with ECA gone. If there is a lightning deal or something that drops the price down enough, maybe, but as a whole it's not really worth it to pay new prices.

I recently ordered NSMB for the Wii on Amazon, but only because of their $10 promo credit which will probably go towards SMG2. After that, there aren't as many hot games I must buy on release day.

[quote name='gi60']By the way.. I just got an email from Amazon.. that if you buy $50 Haloween GC, you get $5 extra... not bad if you want to use your $30 coupon toward console, and need additional cash to pay for the balance.

Edit: I just read the fine print, and it's a $5 promo code not $5 GC.. but it's still an extra saving right. :) I'm going to buy 1 $50 GC, since I have to pay for my MW2 anyway.

By the way, I only receive 1 email out of 3 Amazon accounts, so not sure if it's account specific. But if you're going to spend the cash anyway, might as well try it out.

*Receive $5 off a future Amazon.com retail order when you purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card of $50 or greater in a single qualifying purchase between October 23, 2009, and October 31, 2009. If you make a qualifying purchase and do not cancel, a promotional code of $5 will be sent to this email address by November 30, 2009, and is good for one month from the date of the email. Code may be applied only to products sold by Amazon.com and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site. Restrictions apply. See www.amazon.com/promos for complete details.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, new to GC buying on Amazon... so can I buy a GC for myself and then use it to earn the $5 promo code? I'm thinking of getting a PS3 soon so any additional savings is always welcome...

Interesting news from the USPS; their loss IMO. Doesn't affect me because I've been using the UPS store that's on the road to work in the morning (and has a DD next door for coffee :D).

[quote name='estofan']Sorry, new to GC buying on Amazon... so can I buy a GC for myself and then use it to earn the $5 promo code? I'm thinking of getting a PS3 soon so any additional savings is always welcome...[/QUOTE]

yes.. just email it to yourself..

Yeah, see, this is a fairly new ruling (no games via media mail that is). It used to be allowed - thus the trade-in program was using that method. Some CAG a few weeks ago pretty much put me down for saying you could - but this change is very recent.

In any case, they have already removed the USPS option - only UPS available now! Well, the USPS option is still there but it is grayed out.

[quote name='io']In any case, they have already removed the USPS option - only UPS available now! Well, the USPS option is still there but it is grayed out.[/QUOTE]

If you put in a movie only trade-in order, then you can still use USPS. Seems weird that movies are considered "educational" media when video games aren't...

I have a trade locked in at a good TIV, but I'm waiting for the games to come in from amazon via FSS (from their current "spend $80, get $40 credit" deal). If I print out the shipping label now, but do not actually ship the games until a day or two after the one week limit, will they be rejected?

I sent in a couple of GBA games without the original box (really, who keeps their GBA boxes) and they're sending them back because of that. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do before I go to Gamestop?

Not being able to mail in via USPS pretty much puts a stop to any trading to amazon for me. UPS is *way* less convenient for me. I suppose if there is a really good trade-in deal I'd still do it, but those days seems to be largely over.

[quote name='Darklighter']I have a trade locked in at a good TIV, but I'm waiting for the games to come in from amazon via FSS (from their current "spend $80, get $40 credit" deal). If I print out the shipping label now, but do not actually ship the games until a day or two after the one week limit, will they be rejected?[/QUOTE]

I sent in a package 3 days late and they accepted it. Another person reported sending in a package a month late and they accepted it. Having said that, who knows if they are going to handle a given trade-in the same as past ones I'd just send the stuff in and see what happens. What else are you going to do?

Bestbuy had a different copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (came with a hulk code), does this have a different UPC than the other copies sold elsewhere? I don't want to send it in and not get credit for it.

Hmmm...sent in my seven games on October 22, and nothing was showing up, just kept saying "Ship item before 10/29" or something like that, and now it says, "Shipping deadline has passed.", however I know I shipped my games eight days ago. UPS says something about 7-days or something to arrive so I'll cross my fingers and hope that I'm not out 7 games AKA $150.

Just got my Medieval Games today, and upon opening them it appears one of the discs has a small crack on the inner ring... What to do? contact CS about a return of the 1 and still send in the other 2 for trade?

Today the used the one time exception line on me, and I was able to get $33 in promo credit. I lucked out on that gamble because I wasn't sure what to expect.

Today they used the one time exception line on me, and I was able to get $33 in promo credit. I had traded in 2 "Xbox 360 Wireless Microphones" that they said were damaged. They were like-new condition when I sent them in and I had packed it well. I think it was likely a processing error. I lucked out on that gamble because I wasn't sure what to expect when it showed up as "damaged" in my status of the trade-in.

Well, my discs just got there today and all but two were accepted. Said they were cracked, which definitely wasn't true when I shipped them. I checked all the discs I sent multiple times, cleaned them off and polished them. There were a couple surface scratches but nothing huge, and there were definitely no cracks. And I've played both games all the way through and never had one problem with either, and I've played them through multiple times, "Rock Band 2" and "Left 4 Dead" so I'm not sure what the problem is. I packaged them as well as I could, the box was tight as I could make it and I wrapped the discs in a protective foam cloth, and put foam peanuts, AND put the little air bubble wrap...so not really sure what happened.

I'm hoping that "cracked" is just one of their terms for damaged and doesn't actually mean they're cracked.

Still got $120 for the other ones so I guess I'm happy.

[quote name='evenfl0w']I sent in a couple of GBA games without the original box (really, who keeps their GBA boxes) and they're sending them back because of that. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do before I go to Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

same here. i sent in 3 sets of dragonball: legacy of goku I & II, all without boxes or manuals. 2 were accepted, and 1 is being returned. i sent an email to amazon, but have yet to hear a reply.

PS, this is a nice flip from GS if you want to chance it being accepted. legacy of goku I is $3.99 and legacy of goku II is $4.99, making both games $8.98+tax @ GS. then it trades in @ Amazon for $24:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/s/...ld-keywords=dragonball:+legacy+of+goku+I+&+II

[quote name='donjuan81']same here. i sent in 3 sets of dragonball: legacy of goku I & II, all without boxes or manuals. 2 were accepted, and 1 is being returned. i sent an email to amazon, but have yet to hear a reply.

PS, this is a nice flip from GS if you want to chance it being accepted. legacy of goku I is $3.99 and legacy of goku II is $4.99, making both games $8.98+tax @ GS. then it trades in @ Amazon for $24:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/s/...ld-keywords=dragonball:+legacy+of+goku+I+&+II[/QUOTE]

Nice :) ... Did you send the 3 sets in together or separate?

[quote name='Estebon']Bestbuy had a different copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (came with a hulk code), does this have a different UPC than the other copies sold elsewhere? I don't want to send it in and not get credit for it.[/QUOTE]

Anyone have an answer for me? Did anyone send in the Gamestop batman copy with the "dem bones codes" and get rejected?

[quote name='Estebon']Anyone have an answer for me? Did anyone send in the Gamestop batman copy with the "dem bones codes" and get rejected?[/QUOTE]

Easiest bet would just be read your UPC code, and compare it to the one listed on any websites...

Half.com:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
(PS3) UPC: 047875834552
(360) UPC: 047875834590
(PS2) UPC: 047875834538

Just got my copy of medieval games today. Should I leave it shrink wrapped, or open it up to see if there's been any damage? And also, I chose USPS before Amazon decided to gray the option out. Should I still mail it through USPS or find a way to switch the label to become a UPS one?

[quote name='MasterYensid']Nice :) ... Did you send the 3 sets in together or separate?[/QUOTE]

3 seperate transactions, each with 1 cartridge of legacy of goku I, and 1 cartridge of legacy of goku II

to the people that have had success with getting credit after first being rejected, did you email amazon or noram?

[quote name='ferrari91169']Well, my discs just got there today and all but two were accepted. Said they were cracked, which definitely wasn't true when I shipped them. I checked all the discs I sent multiple times, cleaned them off and polished them. There were a couple surface scratches but nothing huge, and there were definitely no cracks. And I've played both games all the way through and never had one problem with either, and I've played them through multiple times, "Rock Band 2" and "Left 4 Dead" so I'm not sure what the problem is. I packaged them as well as I could, the box was tight as I could make it and I wrapped the discs in a protective foam cloth, and put foam peanuts, AND put the little air bubble wrap...so not really sure what happened.

I'm hoping that "cracked" is just one of their terms for damaged and doesn't actually mean they're cracked.

Still got $120 for the other ones so I guess I'm happy.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago and I called amazon and they gave me credit for the games plus I got the game back in the mail like 2 weeks later. When the game came back there was a tiny little crack in the center which I know wasn't there before I sent it off. The game still played fine but I guess since amazon ended up giving me the credit I really couldn't complain. I think they these people taking the games are shady and occasionly damage an order especially if they've received multiples of a game. I would just call or email Amazon and tell me them your story.

[quote name='Estebon']Anyone have an answer for me? Did anyone send in the Gamestop batman copy with the "dem bones codes" and get rejected?[/QUOTE]

Sorry no, I have that game but have not returned it in any way. Answer!
smile

Does anyone know of a way to switch shipping to UPS after USPS has been chosen?

Also, and I hope this is okay to post here, is anyone interested in a $30 off any console purchase code? I'm wiling to trade or sell, just pm me with any offers thanks.

How often does Amazon run trade-in promos? I'm waiting for the next promo, but I've already say 3 of my games drop in price....debating if I should just trade now or wait for something more exciting.

I just got my Trade-in console code. I'm not currently in the looking to purchase a console, so if someone is going to buy a console -anyways-, I'd love if anyone would be willing to trade an Amazon Gift card for around $30 for the code.

PM me if your going to buy a console anyway and wouldn't mind trading/buying my code off me for an equal trade.

[quote name='doubledown']How often does Amazon run trade-in promos? I'm waiting for the next promo, but I've already say 3 of my games drop in price....debating if I should just trade now or wait for something more exciting.[/QUOTE]

One more question....It seems like Amazon lists the "Greatest Hits" of some games, but I only have the non-greatest hits version....will they still take it?

To my knowledge, Amazon shouldn't really care unless there's something additional being offered in the greatest hits version which most don't. I say try it, worst they can do is ship it back to you at no cost to yourself.

[quote name='RedGamer']I just got my Trade-in console code. I'm not currently in the looking to purchase a console, so if someone is going to buy a console -anyways-, I'd love if anyone would be willing to trade an Amazon Gift card for around $30 for the code.

PM me if your going to buy a console anyway and wouldn't mind trading/buying my code off me for an equal trade.[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone go through all the trouble of buying a $30 coupon from a stranger for that price? Maybe if you were saying 15 I would consider but this is CHEAPASSgamer and most people aren't stupid enough to buy that.

[quote name='jraypeon']Why would anyone go through all the trouble of buying a $30 coupon from a stranger for that price? Maybe if you were saying 15 I would consider but this is CHEAPASSgamer and most people aren't stupid enough to buy that.[/QUOTE]

Exchanging with him for something of equal monetary value is just helping him out; I'm sure it wasn't intended as an advert for a hot deal you just can't pass up. Doing someone a favor doesn't necessarily make someone stupid.

[quote name='doubledown']How often does Amazon run trade-in promos? I'm waiting for the next promo, but I've already say 3 of my games drop in price....debating if I should just trade now or wait for something more exciting.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I usuaslly prefer selling my stuff on cag or gametz and rarely trade stuff in. I'm getting kind of desperate lately, and a trade in $60 get $30 type of promototion
would be perfect. On second thought, black Friday is coming up and I'd like to get some extra credit, and as you said, games are dropping all the time. Any thoughts?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Same here. I usuaslly prefer selling my stuff on cag or gametz and rarely trade stuff in. I'm getting kind of desperate lately, and a trade in $60 get $30 type of promototion
would be perfect. On second thought, black Friday is coming up and I'd like to get some extra credit, and as you said, games are dropping all the time. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Don't ask me ;) I have yet to trade with Amazon....I'm just curious HOW LONG does it go between promotions lately, as I haven't followed. The last one ended last week, correct? I'm wailling to take any promotion right now, although I may just trade in and say screw it. I think I already lost $7 in trade-in value by waiting.

[quote name='doubledown'] I think I already lost $7 in trade-in value by waiting.[/QUOTE]

It never hurts to submit a trade-in and wait it out, you are not obligated to send it, so if the values go up or down you can choose to send it or cancel and submit a new one. Just remember you have 7 days from submission to make much of a decision. I have often canceled orders when the value of one of my games would go up in that time.

[quote name='doubledown']Don't ask me ;) I have yet to trade with Amazon....I'm just curious HOW LONG does it go between promotions lately, as I haven't followed. The last one ended last week, correct? I'm wailling to take any promotion right now, although I may just trade in and say screw it. I think I already lost $7 in trade-in value by waiting.[/QUOTE]
I was posting to anyone in general, just quoted you because we're pretty much in the same position.

I compared the TIVs of my games from Gamestop to Amazon. Even after the 50% trade in bonus at GS, the totals were $61 to $71 in favor of amazon. That's insane. $30 base value for my games at GS? Yeah right. Looks like I'll be going to Amazon from now on, promotion or not.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I was posting to anyone in general, just quoted you because we're pretty much in the same position.

I compared the TIVs of my games from Gamestop to Amazon. Even after the 50% trade in bonus at GS, the totals were $61 to $71 in favor of amazon. That's insane. $30 base value for my games at GS? Yeah right. Looks like I'll be going to Amazon from now on, promotion or not.[/QUOTE]

I recently did the same and got $18 more from gamestop.

Newer titles or older? Most of my comparisons were like Resistance 2, Grand Theft Auto 4, Warhawk, etc. GS was about $3 each and amazon was about $10. But for new releases with the 50% it's kind of hard for them to match of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back