Official Bull Moose Music thread! [Bull Moose last post: 07/08/09!]

3QGojo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but considering that there only seems to be locations in Maine/New Hampshire I never wanted to waste a post.

I'll list the ten locations right here (taken from the About Us page from www.bullmoose.com):

Bull Moose #1
151 Maine Street
Brunswick, Maine 04011
Ph: 207-725-1289
Hours: 9:00am – 10pm Tues-Sun
9am – midnight Mon

Bull Moose #2
Windham Shopping Center
North Windham, Maine 04062
Ph: 207-893-1303
Hours: 9:30am – 11pm Mon-Thurs
9:30am – midnight Fri-Sat
10am – 10pm Sun

Bull Moose #3
151 Middle Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Ph: 207-780-6424
Hours: 10am – 11pm every day

Bull Moose 4
Lewiston Mall
Lewiston, ME 04240
Ph: 207-784-6463
Hours: 9am – 9pm Mon-Sat
9am – 5pm Sun

Bull Moose #5
82-86 Congress Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Ph: 603-422-9525
9:30am – 11pm Tues-Sat
9:30am – midnight Mon

Bull Moose #6
Center For Shopping
Sanford, ME 04073
Ph: 207-324-5786
Hours: 9:30am – 10pm Mon-Sat
9:30am – 8pm Sun

Bull Moose #7
Elm Plaza
Waterville, ME 04901
Ph: 207-861-5884
Hours: 9am – 10p Mon-Sat
9am – 8pm Sun

Bull Moose Music #8
Maine Square Mall
683 Hogan Road
Bangor, ME 04401
Ph: 207-262-0410
Hours: 9am-11pm Tues-Sun
9am – midnight Mon

Bull Moose #9
356-366 So. Broadway
Salem, NH 03079
Ph: 603-898-6254
Hours: 10am – midnight every day

Bull Moose #10
456 Payne Rd.
Scarborough, ME 04074
Ph: 207-885-9553
Hours: 9am – 11pm Tues-Sun
9am – midnight Mon

If people could post deals or any specials that are going on at certain locations. Also post which location you went to so we can figure out if they're YMMV for different stores or if all the store are kind the same prices/trade-in value. Another note of interest is that Bull Moose always has new games that just came out for around $45.xx brand new and might be good for price matching at BB or CC.

When I went to the one in Scarborough, ME a couple days ago I picked up a NEW copy of DDR: Mario Mix for $45.97.

I also traded in:

Future Tactics (GC) for $6 a copy (2 copies for $12 credit)
Twisted Metal III (PS1) for $4 credit
Total credit: $16 (paid $6 for all 3 games; gained $10)

I would've gotten less if I had taken ca$h, but I grabbed Mario Mix so I used it all that day anyways.

Plus, I had an old copy of Q bert 3 for SNES lying around and they would've given me $2 for and Robotech Battlecry (PS2) that they were going to give me $6 for, so I just kept those two games.

That's about it, please post any deals promotions that you find and at which locations. I'd also like to see if we could get a small trade-in list going for these stores.

EDIT(1): Edited the title to make this the "official" Bull Moose thread. :)
EDIT(2): Edited the title to say when the last time Bull Moose made a post.
EDIT(3): Edited the title to notify everyone of Wii Preorder Bundle.
EDIT(4): Edited the title to notify everyone that Wii Preorders are SOLD OUT!
EDIT(5): Edited the title by taking out the Wii Bundle being sold out.
EDIT(6): Edited the title to notify Bull Moose was back and posting again! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude I went to Bull Moose yesterday and the Wii section is completely gone. They need to do some restocking from the holidays or something because there is nothing at their Scarborough store.

Went to Bullmoose last night. They had 32GB Vita memory cards for $84. I think the 16GB was $47. Also bought a PSP grab bag for $5.95 and it was 5 UMD movies :/ bought it for a friend actually who I told I saw it there the previous night.

Only stuff I've gotten at Bull Moose lately was a bunch of used $2 DVDs from their tent sale. Other than that, not much for gaming lately. I can't wait until they price the PS2 games like the rest of the older titles, because lets be honest we are well into the PS3 lifespan and most PS2 games should be priced like the PS1 games by now.

[quote name='3QGojo']Only stuff I've gotten at Bull Moose lately was a bunch of used $2 DVDs from their tent sale. Other than that, not much for gaming lately. I can't wait until they price the PS2 games like the rest of the older titles, because lets be honest we are well into the PS3 lifespan and most PS2 games should be priced like the PS1 games by now.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I love the place but I can't count how many times now I've gone in, looked down the gaming isle, shrugged my shoulders and left.

They have a huge inventory but a lot of it is still a bit overpriced for their age/rarity.

Not gaming related but does anyone know how much they buy DVDs for? I'm looking to weed out my collection and trying to figure out where would be best; Bull Moose, Newberry Comics, Pitchfork Records, Turn It Up, or just put everything on eBay.

It depends on the movie/Bullmoose's inventory, if they have a ton of copies of a used movie they'll probably only give you $.05 if it's at least semi-old, box sets they give decent prices from past experience, same with most Blu-Rays

I bought The Avengers blu-ray from them off of Amazon for $5. Felt silly making them ship it to me.

Took a little over a week for it to come in but when it did it was near mint. Better than some stuff you can find in-store.

I was able to get the Target Buy 2 Get 1 video game deal price matched at the Bull Moose in South Portland.  I am not sure if it is just that store or if they would do it across the board so it is probably YMMV.  I got three 3ds games for $75.90.  2 copies of super smash bros (1 for me and a friend) and a copy of fantasy life.  It was better to get it a Bull Moose so I could get the points for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP!  Bull Moose should be posting their black Friday ad soon.  They usually have some select games on sale for decent prices.  I will post them here when they are known.

I was able to get the Target Buy 2 Get 1 video game deal price matched at the Bull Moose in South Portland. I am not sure if it is just that store or if they would do it across the board so it is probably YMMV. I got three 3ds games for $75.90. 2 copies of super smash bros (1 for me and a friend) and a copy of fantasy life. It was better to get it a Bull Moose so I could get the points for it.
Is that policy? I"m a little further North and typically only hit up the Bangor/Waterville locations, sometimes the store near the Maine Mall if I'm visiting my brother but I never knew they PM'd; never even thought to try really. I typically only but from them when it'd a niche title that's not carried by best buy since the 20% off with BB GCU is always less then the ~ 10% off MSRP that Bull Moose sells their games for.

No I don't think it is their policy, in fact I think it is YMMV between stores for B2G1 deals since I haven't been able to do it since the time I did it once.  Bull Moose does have a price matching policy and will price match prices for other stores though.

bread's done
Back