Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

Also, I guess the Agonarch rune thing is still disabled?  I'd be pretty pissed if I didn't already have a ToM.  I was helping someone else do it and also trying to get it done on a second character and we found that it wasn't working a few days ago.  The guys on the PSN thread are saying it is still broken.

I was finally able to get (IMO the hardest) fragment: the one where you have to smell like a Hive and then platform really quickly.  There was a fireteam doing that and helping each other by sitting on some of the platforms so I jumped in and did it with them.  Of course it was much easier doing it on my Hunter than Titan/Walock.  Those quick, concise jumps are so much better for it than long floaty ones.  I managed to get it even though they had moved off one of the platforms when I got there.  Then I sat on one of the other platforms so their third guy could get it.  I didn't really need the fragment other than for the Grimoire.

For the Black Spindle nerf, did they adjust ALL of them down by 20 light levels or only the original 310 ones?  I'm wondering what happened to people who took the 300 one and infused it up to 308 (or 310) with their 310 one (and/or another exotic).  I know some people who will be mighty pissed if that happens!  I picked up a 300 one but didn't infuse it.  I have a couple of 310 Hereafters waiting to use on it so I suppose I'm safe to do that now.

So, did anyone else notice the strange coin and weapon parts drop rate nerf? Just saying, bullshit. I thought they didn't want the game to be grindy?

So, did anyone else notice the strange coin and weapon parts drop rate nerf? Just saying, bullshit. I thought they didn't want the game to be grindy?
Just read about that on the Bungie forums - people are pretty pissed about it there.

And apparently they did reduce ALL Black Spindles down by 20 light, even if they were kiosk ones infused with other weapons. I knew that's how it would go down and tried to warn people but I know at least one person who infused their 310 into a 300 and a few others I think who infused Raid weapons into 300 Spindles. I'm wondering if I'll see them playing the game any more ;).

Despite all this, I'd like to get in on a CAG raid some time this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't want you to be right about the pricing, io, but looking at the cost to get the emotes from the legendary edition I knew it would be true.

Now I'm debating if I even want to do IB or try to work on my light level for next time I run the raid. Some of the armor looks cool, but doesn't have much function.

^ Where are you even seeing the armor?  Once again I am poking around Bungie's web site and don't see it anywhere.  And yeah, I know people that paid $60 for the digital CE just to get the couple of dances and the subclass item.  So that was an extra $20 for 3 emotes and a class item that is no longer useful (I maxed all 3 of my new subclasses without it, anyway).  If you bought the physical CE that was a different matter since you got the strange coin replica and such.

So apparently the emote kiosk says there is no refund on consumable items.  Then there are these in the DB:

http://db.destinytracker.com/items/2937851017-indomitable-light

http://db.destinytracker.com/items/3004954978-valorous-light

The non-refundable consumables seems to imply that they are talking about something other than the emotes.  It could just be that they will add the jackolytes and stuff like that as things you can purchase (since those are "consumable").   But if these Raid boost items are purchasable with Silver, look out as the outrage will become overwhelming!

In other news:

Power curve info for IB/Trials:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13754

To summarize, it looks like a difference of 2 levels (which is 20 light) means you do about 96% damage.  A 30 light difference looks like about 94%.  So assuming you get into the 304-305 range there won't be a huge disadvantage compared to, say, a 309-310.

Note that if you go in with a light level of 100, you will only do 10% damage against a 300 ;).

If everybody could wait till Friday night I would love to do the complete raid or at least attempt it. I have done the Warpriest part with a group of randoms. I just feel right now I am going to be "forever 296" unless I run the raid.

[quote name="io" post="12967524" timestamp="1444780867"]^ Where are you even seeing the armor? Once again I am poking around Bungie's web site and don't see it anywhere. And yeah, I know people that paid $60 for the digital CE just to get the couple of dances and the subclass item. So that was an extra $20 for 3 emotes and a class item that is no longer useful (I maxed all 3 of my new subclasses without it, anyway). If you bought the physical CE that was a different matter since you got the strange coin replica and such.

So apparently the emote kiosk says there is no refund on consumable items. Then there are these in the DB:

http://db.destinytracker.com/items/2937851017-indomitable-light

http://db.destinytracker.com/items/3004954978-valorous-light

The non-refundable consumables seems to imply that they are talking about something other than the emotes. It could just be that they will add the jackolytes and stuff like that as things you can purchase (since those are "consumable"). But if these Raid boost items are purchasable with Silver, look out as the outrage will become overwhelming!

In other news:

Power curve info for IB/Trials:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13754

To summarize, it looks like a difference of 2 levels (which is 20 light) means you do about 96% damage. A 30 light difference looks like about 94%. So assuming you get into the 304-305 range there won't be a huge disadvantage compared to, say, a 309-310.

Note that if you go in with a light level of 100, you will only do 10% damage against a 300 ;).[/quote]
http://www.ironbanner.info

So the 3 ib bounties a day kind of stinks.  it used to be really easy to rank up quickly with those 6 daily ones they had.  I guess we should hold the weekly ones until later in the week when the bonus is higher.

[quote name="GLOCKGLOCK" post="12967871" timestamp="1444793088"]So the 3 ib bounties a day kind of stinks. it used to be really easy to rank up quickly with those 6 daily ones they had. I guess we should hold the weekly ones until later in the week when the bonus is higher.[/quote]
Most guides aren't recommending that since bounties will repeat.

Had a bountiful first run tonight  :drool:

309 RL, 310 Pulse, 309 Gloves, 303 Bond, 303 Ghost, and 3 310 exotics. Unfortunately my ghost and class items are holding me under 309 so hopefully I get something for infusion from my other characters.

Most guides aren't recommending that since bounties will repeat.
The weekly bounties repeat? wtf

Had a bountiful first run tonight :drool:

309 RL, 310 Pulse, 309 Gloves, 303 Bond, 303 Ghost, and 3 310 exotics. Unfortunately my ghost and class items are holding me under 309 so hopefully I get something for infusion from my other characters.
Nice haul!

Whoops, misread your post. I thought you were talking about the dailies. I think it might be tough to complete some of the weeklies until toward the end anyway. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself.... ;-)

Whoops, misread your post. I thought you were talking about the dailies. I think it might be tough to complete some of the weeklies until toward the end anyway. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself.... ;-)
Eh, I basically finished every single IB bounty last night except for the part on the one where you have to hit rank 4. I think I also need like 2 more primary kills for the one but I was doing so shitty last night I had to just call it and give up I was getting so pissed.

Everyone I was playing with got Class Armors which is what I really want. That Pulse Rifle seems effective for PvP as well. The drops on end game gear are not 280 so that is good. The highest I saw on IB gear was 299 and the lowest was 283. So probably just 280-300 which is good.

Also I do not feel like going back to find it but Bungie tweeted that they are not going to be selling any items that increase Kings Fall drop rates for Silver. That eased my mind a bit and made me even more tempted to spend a few dollars on getting that damn slow clap haha.

So the 3 ib bounties a day kind of stinks. it used to be really easy to rank up quickly with those 6 daily ones they had. I guess we should hold the weekly ones until later in the week when the bonus is higher.
Oops.. I finished one of the weeklies (the primary/secondary/heavy kill one) and turned it in because I was stuck just under rank 2 because I kept getting on bad teams (when I'm the high scorer that is bad news ;)). I only played for about 2 hours but I'm at nearly 2 1/4 now despite that being on my Hunter where you don't have an OP super that can clear out the entire other team (damn Hammer Titans...).

Note that turning those in gives you 25 marks so make sure you aren't maxed out before turning them in. I was right at 175 so it was perfect. The problem is I don't want to spend a bunch on, say, the Vanguard sniper when I might need to spend a ton on IB stuff (given my luck with drops).

I assume we still get the bonus for emblem/shader/class item? I was putting on my old light level 30 IB cloak when turning in the bounties at least - hopefully that helped. I can start my other two characters now and get to rank 2 quick with the 2x bonus.

I saw one guy get the new IB cloak as a drop - and of course he was the last place guy with a K/D of 0.15 or something while I got no rewards at 1.5.

Also ran 1 Nightfall and got a legendary cloak I've gotten like 3 times before while the other guy got a 310 Hereafter. Yay...

Had a bountiful first run tonight :drool:

Good lord! I ran it twice last night and on my Warlock I finally got the machine gun (though only at 303) and 310 gloves (to replace my 305's). Still no helm or boots or sniper. I keep getting shotties though: another 308... And I think I got a slightly higher bond. I didn't get any exotics with 2 characters despite using 3 of coins the whole time.

My second run was on my Titan and I got a load of crap for him despite using the 20 moldering shards (I didn't have enough when I was on my Warlock). I don't think I got anything on my Titan except yet another ghost shell and yet another shotgun (both in the 300-303 range).

I do have one more character to run through if we want to do a CAG run some time this week.

Also, I guess the Agonarch rune thing is still disabled? I'd be pretty pissed if I didn't already have a ToM. I was helping someone else do it and also trying to get it done on a second character and we found that it wasn't working a few days ago. The guys on the PSN thread are saying it is still broken.
I completely missed the Agonarch rune thing, what was that about? I'm working on my ToM now.

If everybody could wait till Friday night I would love to do the complete raid or at least attempt it. I have done the Warpriest part with a group of randoms. I just feel right now I am going to be "forever 296" unless I run the raid.
I'd probably be on and up for a fresh run over the weekend. But, seriously, it has to be a good crew getting together. I jumped into a group right at Oryx last night and they were a hot mess. Totally screwing around, no communication, etc. aint nobody got time fer dat!

I completely missed the Agonarch rune thing, what was that about? I'm working on my ToM now.
Apparently people were exploiting the chest from the agonarch rune by transferring it to the Vault just before the chest opened and the rewards popped and then leaving the area and coming back and opening the chest again. All they have to do to fix this is make a charged Agonarch rune non-transferrable just like the other charged runes. But instead they disabled it entirely thus locking people out (for now) of getting that fragment.

I hope this Titan Hammer being so goddamn OP and the infinite shadowshot glitch get patched up before Trials this weekend.  Going to make for a long frustrating weekend of PvP if they don't.

I hope this Titan Hammer being so goddamn OP and the infinite shadowshot glitch get patched up before Trials this weekend. Going to make for a long frustrating weekend of PvP if they don't.
Yeah it got old real quick the other night in IB facing entire teams of Sunbreakers. There was one time where they just got a super chain going and it was basically one Titan Hammer after another the entire match.

I was unaware there was a ShadowShot glitch at all?

I was unaware there was a ShadowShot glitch at all?
Yeah, you can spam infinite shots - but it does require you to go into your inventory after every 3 (when using the perk that gives you 3). I can see someone getting killed pretty easily during that.

So I did some Iron Banana on my Titan today. Yeah, spamhammers is nice when you are the one throwing them. I think I got a 5-down off one super. Another time me and another Hammer Titan went one-on-one. That was kind of fun (I won).

So my first two matches I get dropped into games where the team I'm put in is losing by 5000-6000 points. Oh yeah, and it is right after the other team gets both heavies and has all their supers charged. Thanks, Bungie. If you get dropped into a match like that the least they can do is charge your super at least up to the average of the people on the other team.

I managed to push my Titan up to rank 2 despite only winning like 1 game out of 5. Once again I was put on crappy teams over and over. One match I scored nearly 6000 which was the top overall score but we still lost by like 5000. I kept getting on teams that had no concept of capturing the control points. We'd have NONE and I was the only one trying to get them (and thus easy pickings for the other team). Very frustrating to say the least. But at least with that one game where I got the top overall score even though we lost I got that part of the weekly bounty knocked out already. In fact, I have the whole thing done except for just hitting rank 4.

But just turning in the 3 daily bounties plus the 2x catch-up bonus for second characters was enough to get me to rank 2.

And just before I played on my Titan I did a few matches on my Hunter which went better. We won a few but the points are so low (like 69 right now) that it wasn't worth doing any more at least until I have new bounties to get. However, I did get the totally awesome Hunter wolf cloak as a drop - and at 297 to boot! That thing is very cool. I will definitely be infusing that up with some Raid cloaks ASAP. It wasn't even a reward on the final screen. I had a mote and a blue item. Then after I left I saw it pop up on the right side as an additional reward. Pretty cool.

I also realized I am completely out of weapon parts on my Titan. I couldn't even do an infusion. I had been levelling weapons and doing infusions like crazy before because I was always so full on glimmer - which is what always limited me before. But I wasn't paying attention to the weapon parts. And now with the nerfed drops it is going to suck. I mean - I play a lot. Imagine someone who is way more casual and doesn't routinely pick up 10-20 engrams per day on each character?

[quote name="io" post="12969610" timestamp="1444879312"]Yeah, you can spam infinite shots - but it does require you to go into your inventory after every 3 (when using the perk that gives you 3). I can see someone getting killed pretty easily during that.

So I did some Iron Banana on my Titan today. Yeah, spamhammers is nice when you are the one throwing them. I think I got a 5-down off one super. Another time me and another Hammer Titan went one-on-one. That was kind of fun (I won).

So my first two matches I get dropped into games where the team I'm put in is losing by 5000-6000 points. Oh yeah, and it is right after the other team gets both heavies and has all their supers charged. Thanks, Bungie. If you get dropped into a match like that the least they can do is charge your super at least up to the average of the people on the other team.

I managed to push my Titan up to rank 2 despite only winning like 1 game out of 5. Once again I was put on crappy teams over and over. One match I scored nearly 6000 which was the top overall score but we still lost by like 5000. I kept getting on teams that had no concept of capturing the control points. We'd have NONE and I was the only one trying to get them (and thus easy pickings for the other team). Very frustrating to say the least. But at least with that one game where I got the top overall score even though we lost I got that part of the weekly bounty knocked out already. In fact, I have the whole thing done except for just hitting rank 4.

But just turning in the 3 daily bounties plus the 2x catch-up bonus for second characters was enough to get me to rank 2.

And just before I played on my Titan I did a few matches on my Hunter which went better. We won a few but the points are so low (like 69 right now) that it wasn't worth doing any more at least until I have new bounties to get. However, I did get the totally awesome Hunter wolf cloak as a drop - and at 297 to boot! That thing is very cool. I will definitely be infusing that up with some Raid cloaks ASAP. It wasn't even a reward on the final screen. I had a mote and a blue item. Then after I left I saw it pop up on the right side as an additional reward. Pretty cool.

I also realized I am completely out of weapon parts on my Titan. I couldn't even do an infusion. I had been levelling weapons and doing infusions like crazy before because I was always so full on glimmer - which is what always limited me before. But I wasn't paying attention to the weapon parts. And now with the nerfed drops it is going to suck. I mean - I play a lot. Imagine someone who is way more casual and doesn't routinely pick up 10-20 engrams per day on each character?[/quote]
My class item popped at 287. I think it looks cooler than what I'd been using. May have to infuse it if I find some spare bands laying around. I did not think I would complete that bounty since I'm horrible at PvE, but I got it in my first match tonight. I had many teams who would just run right past a point rather than cap it.

Did a Kings Fall run from scratch last night and as usual I pretty much got nothing. Only thing actually usable/better than what I already had was a 304 cloak... an upgrade from my 302. Bah humbug.

Yea, I have been trying to get through the raids early this week knowing that I won't be around much this weekend.  Got a 310 AR, which is the first max light drop I have had from the raid.  308 & 302 fusion as well.  309 Hunter gloves was the only armor I got this week with a good roll.  Also got 300 Boots and Class item for my warlock.  Still have not had a helmet drop for me. 

Running some IB on my titan and got a 289 class item after my first game above rank 2 so that was nice.  One thing I like about there only being 3 daily bounties is you can get them done in a game or two.  Then again I was getting all 6 done in only 4 or 5 games back in HoW.  My weekly ones are completed as well, except the reach Rank 4 one.  I'll hold those for the higher rep boosts over the weekend.  

The noob factor is through the roof on these Iron Banana games right now with everyone used to the level playing field of normal crucible.  I forgot how much easier the competition is when you play during the day.  Can only imagine what it will be like when trials starts tomorrow.

The game is in a good place right now.  Most people you find on LFG know the fights in the raid and if you can find a group with a few touch of malices, it is mostly a cakewalk.  Lots of content left to get through so still enjoying everything.

I am in a weird, but content place with Destiny.  I have one character to 301, a fair amount of decent weapons, and a couple new emotes.  With TTK, I haven't gotten the compulsion to hit a max like I did with the last two expansions.  I'm sure that after a couple more raid runs I'll at least hit 304 or 305, but I'm not going to get too crazy about trying to hit 310.  Heck, past experience with this game has shown me that it won't mean anything in 3 months anyway.

Anyway, I've been knocked on my butt with the flu this week, so I have spent some time under a blanket hunting for fragments on the Dreadnaught.  At the very least, i feel like I know that Dreadnuaght layout better than ever.  And have you guys been reading the Books of Sorrow grimoire entries from these fragments?  It's bizarre, but also some of the most interesting lore I've read from these things yet.

I also realized I am completely out of weapon parts on my Titan. I couldn't even do an infusion. I had been levelling weapons and doing infusions like crazy before because I was always so full on glimmer - which is what always limited me before. But I wasn't paying attention to the weapon parts. And now with the nerfed drops it is going to suck. I mean - I play a lot. Imagine someone who is way more casual and doesn't routinely pick up 10-20 engrams per day on each character?
Well someone posted earlier today that you can take that extra glimmer and an exotic shard to your blueprints module to grab an exotic weapon to break down for weapon parts and your exotic shard back, voila! :D/

Well someone posted earlier today that you can take that extra glimmer and an exotic shard to your blueprints module to grab an exotic weapon to break down for weapon parts and your exotic shard back, voila! :D/
Interesting. I never paid much attention to what those cost - I just assumed it would also cost weapon parts (in addition to the shard and glimmer). I've been using my max glimmer to buy heavy ammo synths, even though I don't really need them. I'll have to bring my Titan over to the kiosk. Now that you don't need tons of glimmer for the IB items there's no need to keep it even near max.

Running some IB on my titan and got a 289 class item after my first game above rank 2 so that was nice. One thing I like about there only being 3 daily bounties is you can get them done in a game or two. Then again I was getting all 6 done in only 4 or 5 games back in HoW. My weekly ones are completed as well, except the reach Rank 4 one. I'll hold those for the higher rep boosts over the weekend.
I think I got my 2 class items on my first wins after hitting rank 2. Is it actually guaranteed for everyone then? Even though they were both good light levels (297 for my Hunter cloak and 296 for my Warlock bond) both of them had bad stat rolls so I will be buying the vendor ones anyway as soon as I hit rank 3. It doesn't take much to get a 280 back up to those levels.

On my Titan I haven't gotten a win yet after rank 2 and have not gotten the mark. (I hit rank 2 with the catch-up bonus and played just one match afterwards).

As for the newbie factor, like I said yesterday I was getting super-frustrated with teams that seemed to have no idea about controlling the zones. It seems like I either end up on completely incompetent teams or ones that win by 5000-10000. I've had very few close matches.

While it generally takes me more than a match or two, the daily bounties are definitely much easier than they were before. The weeklies are no problem except for the one that requires you to get the best overall score. I mean, you do have to outscore 11 other people to get that. I somehow managed to do it on my Titan the other day in that game that we lost by several thousand points. The other team was balanced with everyone getting around 3000 while I got nearly 6000 and none of my teammates was over 2000. So that's the type of game I need to end up in to be the top scorer. It hasn't happened for my other two characters yet.

Anyway, to summarize: if you are on the fence about Iron Banner and have a Hunter, play it till rank 2 (or 3) and get that Hunter cloak. It is one of the most awesome pieces of gear in the entire game.

Anyway, to summarize: if you are on the fence about Iron Banner and have a Hunter, play it till rank 2 (or 3) and get that Hunter cloak. It is one of the most awesome pieces of gear in the entire game.
Ever since they released that first image I had been wanting that damn cloak and I have played a ton the past two days and still no cloak. Everyone else has gotten their class armors, hell one guy even got his at 299 but here I am still sitting waiting for the one thing I actually want to drop. I swear lately my luck has just been absolutely atrocious in this game.

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12970799" timestamp="1444942733"]Ever since they released that first image I had been wanting that damn cloak and I have played a ton the past two days and still no cloak. Everyone else has gotten their class armors, hell one guy even got his at 299 but here I am still sitting waiting for the one thing I actually want to drop. I swear lately my luck has just been absolutely atrocious in this game.[/quote]
Even I got a hunter cloak and I play a warlock.

Ever since they released that first image I had been wanting that damn cloak and I have played a ton the past two days and still no cloak. Everyone else has gotten their class armors, hell one guy even got his at 299 but here I am still sitting waiting for the one thing I actually want to drop. I swear lately my luck has just been absolutely atrocious in this game.
So I guess it is not a guaranteed drop on your first win after rank 2? Since I got both the Hunter and Warlock class items that way (Warlock one is cool too) and so did Glock I figured that was a thing.

In any case, like I said the stats on mine are crap, so I'll be buying the one at rank 3 anyway. So you can just do that - it is Int/Disc and the two that I've had drop (Hunter and Warlock items) both had Strength (and lower overall stats) so they are useless and even though I got them at 296/297 I'll just be using both for infusion. The class items are only 40 marks and I am capped right now plus should have several more weekly bounties to turn in for 25 marks each so I don't think I'll run out. I haven't even been doing the Dailies or Weekly Heroics since I'm capped out - just waiting to be able to buy that cloak. But unfortunately it is slow going from rank 2 to 3 due to the lower buff right now. I've already turned in all the daily bounties for today and I just went from 2 1/4 to 2 3/4. I'll have to grind out several wins to get to 3 before tonight's reset. Or I could just wait until tomorrow... I do have another weekly bounty to turn in but I don't want to do it when the buff is low plus I won't get any marks from it (stupid 200 cap).

Moose - you really got a class item for a different class from IB? I didn't think they did that.

What I'm wondering is if other armor and weapons will drop as rewards besides the ones Saladin is also selling. It would be worth playing beyond rank 4-5 if you have a chance of different rewards. But I suppose no one is really up to those ranks just yet. I've seen others get the boots but nothing else besides that and the class items.

I won't complain about my RNG on IB since I did get those two class items. But man it is painful to hear about people completing their Raid armor sets or complaining about just not getting helmets. I've gotten at least 9 full Raid completions (according to the tracker sites - seems like I should have more though) and a few partial up through Golgoroth (so up to the armor drops) and I have yet to get a single boot or helm (or sniper) from this Raid. That is by far the worst RNG of any of the Raids for me. I was pretty much geared out completely from VoG by that many runs (though had to wait for Hard mode for helms of course - but got them pretty quickly once I did run it). I also had to wait for hard mode on Crota for helms as they never dropped from Normal for me either. But not getting any boots is ridiculous. I'm still stuck at 296-299 on that slot for all my chars. I've gotten several extra 310 exotic helms so I could level up regular legendary helmets - but with no exotic boots to plug in at 310 there's no point to doing that.

Just in case you haven't seen the new update:

- https://www.bungie.n.../News?aid=13762

Sounds like Trials might get delayed.

Hard mode raid getting released early, October 23rd and lookie what they say

Right about now, some of you are wondering what you can do to prepare. We won’t give you hints, but we’ll plot the difficulty incline. Recommended Light for Hard Mode is 300 – 320. The loot that will drop will be between 310 – 320. Gear up and mark your calendars.

Nice - very glad Trials isn't starting just yet.  I have enough to do this week.  So they are going to fix the infinite shadow shot thing first I see.  Oddly enough I don't think I've seen anyone using that in IB so far.

Hard Raid in a week... Hmmm... I should be around then but will probably be gone the week after so I'll miss out a bit but hopefully I can get one run in and at least make it to the armor drop part so that I can see everyone else get some great gear ;).

320 items from hard mode - very interesting...

So I definitely want to get in another Raid run on my Hunter this week.  Anyone up for a CAG run?

[quote name="io" post="12971061" timestamp="1444952309"]Nice - very glad Trials isn't starting just yet. I have enough to do this week. So they are going to fix the infinite shadow shot thing first I see. Oddly enough I don't think I've seen anyone using that in IB so far.

Hard Raid in a week... Hmmm... I should be around then but will probably be gone the week after so I'll miss out a bit but hopefully I can get one run in and at least make it to the armor drop part so that I can see everyone else get some great gear ;).

So I definitely want to get in another Raid run on my Hunter this week. Anyone up for a CAG run?[/quote]
I'd like to get in on one. My hunter should be raid ready if I move over some gear.

Nice - very glad Trials isn't starting just yet. I have enough to do this week. So they are going to fix the infinite shadow shot thing first I see. Oddly enough I don't think I've seen anyone using that in IB so far.

So I definitely want to get in another Raid run on my Hunter this week. Anyone up for a CAG run?
I was hoping to do some farming of the Omnigul Strike for her Pulse and then more IB but since Trials is being delayed I am in no rush to do either at the moment. If you guys need people let me know, I still have my Warlock and Titan to run through it so I may join.

I'd like to get in on one. My hunter should be raid ready if I move over some gear.
I was hoping to do some farming of the Omnigul Strike for her Pulse and then more IB but since Trials is being delayed I am in no rush to do either at the moment. If you guys need people let me know, I still have my Warlock and Titan to run through it so I may join.
I'm up for a run whenever starting now. Just send me a message on Xbox Live if you want to start one and I'm not online - I'll see it on my phone.

I'd also like to farm Omnigul for the pulse and warlock bond so let me know if/when you are doing that.

Edit: I've got at least one other who wants to do it. So if you guys want in that would be 4. Anyone else? I'll aim to be on the 'box by 8pm Pacific (so about an hour from now). I may run IB if no one is ready then but can always jump over to the Raid. Time to get me some boots and/or helm.

Moose - you really got a class item for a different class from IB? I didn't think they did that.
Nah, I was just messing with Broly since he's inherited my RNG.

Drops are limited to what Salad Shooter is selling according to Bungie. I have seen people post getting the ship. I was told there's a new ship but I haven't seen anybody say that got it. I've never had a ship drop in any event (that's why I still use the one from the original le) so I doubt I'll be the one to get it.

Well, I definitely didn't get the Titan mark after winning a match at rank 2.  We won a whole bunch of matches - no mark yet.

I then played on my Warlock and I did get the sidearm - so, yeah, wow...

I tried out the new glass needle thing (sold by Xur) that re-rolls your exotics.  The thing is, I think once you have exp in them, the perks don't change.   I was trying to re-roll my Obsidian Mind to get health regen on orb pickup and in 3 attempts none of the perks changed at all (though the int/disc/str roll did).  Then I re-rolled a Heart of Praxic Fire that I had not put any exp into yet and the perks did change on that.

So unless I was just really unlucky and got the same perks 3 times in a row on my Obsidian Mind, I'd say only re-roll new armor pieces that you get.  Or on the flip side, if you have one with good perks but bad stats, level it up first, and then re-roll it for better stats while the perks stay the same.  I'm not 100% sure on this but it is something to keep in mind.

Also, I never did get that Raid done last night (just lots and lots of IB).  So if anyone here still wants to run it Friday evening/night I'm up for that.

Hey guys, I'd love to get a raid run with the gang this weekend. Count me in. Light 299 with strong >300 weapons now. ;) Just need some armor to get over 300 light.

Well, I definitely didn't get the Titan mark after winning a match at rank 2. We won a whole bunch of matches - no mark yet.

I then played on my Warlock and I did get the sidearm - so, yeah, wow...

I tried out the new glass needle thing (sold by Xur) that re-rolls your exotics. The thing is, I think once you have exp in them, the perks don't change. I was trying to re-roll my Obsidian Mind to get health regen on orb pickup and in 3 attempts none of the perks changed at all (though the int/disc/str roll did). Then I re-rolled a Heart of Praxic Fire that I had not put any exp into yet and the perks did change on that.

So unless I was just really unlucky and got the same perks 3 times in a row on my Obsidian Mind, I'd say only re-roll new armor pieces that you get. Or on the flip side, if you have one with good perks but bad stats, level it up first, and then re-roll it for better stats while the perks stay the same. I'm not 100% sure on this but it is something to keep in mind.

Also, I never did get that Raid done last night (just lots and lots of IB). So if anyone here still wants to run it Friday evening/night I'm up for that.
Yeah I still do not have my class armor and I am just about Rank 4 in IB. Ugh.

Sorry about not Raiding last night, I wanted to do IB for a bit regardless at first and as I was playing I ended up having a bunch of people get on and join me and then they all brought up the Raid and so we ran it since we had a full fire-team. I switched to my Warlock and we went from scratch. I finally got my first max drop from the raid, a 310 fusion rifle from the totems checkpoint. Also got the sniper at 307 though I haven't used it yet so I am not sure if I am going to keep it or use it as infusion fodder, it has perfectionist or whatever the perk is for refilling the mag if every shot is a precision kill. Golgoroth dropped 300 gloves, though since my Warlock had 297 blue gloves that was an upgrade. I had a spare 310 exotic waiting to level up some arms too so I instantly brought it to 308. It has the normal increase reload speed in an aura but then also melee attack speed and scout rifle reload which is pretty much the perfect roll for me at the moment. I didn't get anything from the Sisters and Oryx gave me (for my 20 moldering shards) a 302 fusion.

Overall it was a decent run loot-wise so I was pleased but then of course went back to IB and got annoyed at seeing barely any drops. For all my hours playing IB each day now since it went live I have seen I believe 7 IB items be rewarded in the end-game screen. They said they were increased the drop rate and that it would be the primary means of obtaining IB equipment but that is clearly not true : /

Looks like I have a raid crew started with the federation of Fathers. Need three more and experience is appreciated. Let me know if you want in. 10 pm EST tonight.

Okay, here's something that might cause me to finally rage quit and give up my Destiny habit for good if it happened to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIibWxLR7mg&feature=youtu.be

Looks like I have a raid crew started with the federation of Fathers. Need three more and experience is appreciated. Let me know if you want in. 10 pm EST tonight.
I'll get in on that too if there is still room!

Simo - was that when using the 20 moldering shards though? I had a friend earlier in the week who got nothing but the 2 shards for a clear + Oryx taking 20 shards. I didn't even think that was possible. I've gotten nothing from Oryx, but it was when I didn't have 20 shards. With those I usually get at least 1 thing.

Broly - You're going to hate me for this, but I have gotten 2 of the Hunter cloaks. Despite that, I still ended up buying the one Saladin is selling because the stats were better. I just infused the others (since they were 291/297) into that one. Really, they are so cheap (40 marks) and marks are easy to get this week I wouldn't sweat not getting them as drops. Even if you skip the dailies for marks, you can get the 3 weekly IB bounties x 3 characters at 25 marks each. 2 of the bounties are super easy to do. The only one I might have some trouble with is getting the top overall score (since it has to be the best out of all 12, not just your team). I got it on my Titan when I was on a really bad team and the other team was well-balanced so I was able to outscore all of them. I almost got it on my Warlock last night but lost out to the other team's top scorer by like 200 points.

I did get the sidearm as a drop last night and that was nice as I probably wouldn't have bothered buying that - but it is nice to have anyway. I will buy the pulse rifle and boots if they don't drop. And I will need a lot of marks for all of that! But I am nearly capped and still have several of the weekly bounties to turn in.

Wait what is the catch here? This has happened to me more times than not when killing Oryx..
I think it was about getting the blue engram from the chest. I've never seen that happen. Usually it is just the 2 shards. The blue engram is an insult ;).

Looks like it maybe didn't happen? I have one other that is willing to run at 9:30 Pacific if anyone else wants to do it then.

So I decided to run some Iron Banner instead. It is amazing how much easier it is in the evening vs. late at night. I was able to get the top overall score on my Hunter while actually winning a match this time. I knocked out all 3 bounties and cashed in one of the weeklies to get my Hunter close to rank 4. Then I hopped on to my Titan to knock the bounties out there.

Once I do the Raid (LFG for me I guess - ugh) I'll go back and hit rank 4 on my Hunter, boost my other 2 chars to rank 4 with the 2x bonus, and then hopefully wrap this whole thing up tomorrow night on my Titan (who has all 3 weeklies ready to cash in once I hit rank 4).

I still haven't gotten the Titan mark to drop, though I did get a second handcannon (ie, 3 legendary marks) to drop just now...

As for the glass needles, yeah, I don't quite understand it and all the info sites are horrible right now. It looks like it is rerolling the perks on at least one item that I have put exp into but not quite maxed. Of course 6 re-rolls and I still didn't get Don't Touch Me with Int/Disc and either Scout or Pulse reload. But then I swear my Obsidian Mind didn't change perks at all last night.

It's funny because the glass needles are not too bad to buy given all the exotic shards and coins I still have. What sucks is that in using them you need 10 armor materials and, like the weapon parts, those are running low all of a sudden and their drop rate has just been nerfed when dismantling blues. So that will keep me from re-rolling more than anything else.

Sorry Sin and io!! I crashed getting my youngest to bed and woke up at 2 a.m. like "what? Where am I? Oh no, my raid!!!".

So yeah, I boned that one. My apologies.

Sorry Sin and io!! I crashed getting my youngest to bed and woke up at 2 a.m. like "what? Where am I? Oh no, my raid!!!".

So yeah, I boned that one. My apologies.
Hah, no worries. I got it done with some other people a little later. I ended up with decent drops, though still no sniper or helm. I got a chest piece and boots (finally!) for my Hunter. So my Hunter now actually has the most complete set (just missing helm of course) despite being the one I've run through the Raid the least. Got no weapons other than a 310 Hereafter from Oryx. It wasn't a 3 of coins drop - it came directly from the chest. I assume that was my Oryx drop proper and then the moldering shards gave me the chest piece. That Hereafter (along with another from a 3 of coins) went right into my Black Spindle to get that to 310 once again. I have a feeling I might want that for the hard mode raid.

Then I jumped back into Iron Banner and with the current buff I hit rank 5 easily after turning in yesterday's and today's bounties and a few of the weeklies. I'm at rank 5 on my Titan and still have a daily bounty and one of the weeklies left over. I'll save them for next time unless I need the marks from the weekly. I can probably hit rank 5 on my other two characters just by turning in a weekly and maybe one or two regular bounties - don't even need to win a match.

I bought the pulse rifle and maxed it out. I'm a little disappointed that the range isn't as good as the raid one, but I'll have to use it tomorrow to see how it handles. I'm holding off infusing it too much until I see if I like it. I still haven't gotten the mark or boots to drop for my Titan. I haven't gotten the boots for anyone except I think I bought the Warlock ones (or maybe Hunter - whichever were the Int/Disc roll). I'm hoping to get better rolls from drops though so I'll play a bit more over the weekend to see if I can get one before I buy them for the other 2 characters (and the mark for the Titan). Most of the Saladin ones seem to have sidearm/machine gun ammo perks, though. Yuck - would prefer anything else/rocket launcher. The drop rates on this stuff is so atrocious though - barely ever seeing them even for other teammates.

Just wanted to point out that hitting rank 5 is easier than ever and with the 2x catch-up boost for other characters there's no problem getting them all to rank 5. Of course you only need to get 1 there (if you want to buy the emblem and pulse rifle) but I like to think maybe the drop rates increase if you max out so I might as well do it anyway. In any case I spent less time getting here than I did last IB I played and far less time than the ones in the spring (before the 2x catch-up bonus was applied). Man did I waste a lot of time in it back then...

bread's done
Back