Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

You are getting that as a match reward drop? I have only seen the vendor items (plus ghost and artifacts) drop.
I don't think they were bounty/quest rewards but I don't explicitly remember. I DO expicitly remember the two Legendary Gear bounties for my Titan ending up being Marks, so I wasn't happy about that.

I was also not happy when I forgot I left both of those Rocket Launchers with the Postmaster and then proceeded to go into Archon's Forge...

Random question - I'm starting to feel the collector's itch about some of the Y.1 Exotic weapons because I missed out on them. Is there any way to start the quest for the Pocket Infinity? I looked at videos and it seems to start with a ghost you find on Venus, but it's not there and I'm wondering if I just won't be able to get it at this point.

EDIT - It looks like my only option is Legacy Engrams!

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't even touch the raid this week until 9pm last night but got my Challenge mode clear in. Mechanics make the fight much easier and you can probably down Aksis in 2 dps phases if your team is efficient with using their supers.
You'll have to explain this to me. From what I heard, it sounded like a real pain and that's why I didn't even try to do it. It seems hard enough getting people to smash Aksis in time (especially in a last-minute LFG group) so also having to smash a panel first when you barely have enough people to cover every spot sounds nearly impossible.

So are we back to Vosiks challenge again this week?

I now have 4 different Clever Dragons but none of them with HCR in the middle tree. I don't think any of the ones I infused had that either. They all seem to be snapshot or something. In any case, I continued to use Steel Medulla last night and continued to do well with it. I don't think I ever saw another person using that (lots of Clever Dragon of course) but whatever ;). I'll look into Clever Dragon later. I'll have to field test all the different ones I got to see what I like best. I'll post them all here later.

You'll have to explain this to me. From what I heard, it sounded like a real pain and that's why I didn't even try to do it. It seems hard enough getting people to smash Aksis in time (especially in a last-minute LFG group) so also having to smash a panel first when you barely have enough people to cover every spot sounds nearly impossible.

I now have 4 different Clever Dragons but none of them with HCR in the middle tree. I don't think any of the ones I infused had that either. They all seem to be snapshot or something. In any case, I continued to use Steel Medulla last night and continued to do well with it. I don't think I ever saw another person using that (lots of Clever Dragon of course) but whatever ;). I'll look into Clever Dragon later. I'll have to field test all the different ones I got to see what I like best. I'll post them all here later.
I could never get into a group to get the mechanic of slamming the plate first before Aksis so I just gave up and didnt even get a regular clear of phase two in. I did get a raid in clear earlier today and finally got the pulse rifle to drop and really like it. I think once a get a Aksis challenge mode clear in I will be done for awhile with Destiny.

Vosik again this week since there are only 2 challenge modes.

Maybe I just got lucky with my late run LFG groups. In the first one that I ran we made it all the way to the last phase of aksis but the mechanics were a bit rough in that group. The next group I got into was much smoother. We still did have some wipes, but once everyone knew to do it everything fell into place. I can definitely see it being difficult if you do not know what to do or where to stand, but as long as the 3 empowered get to the right spot each time you just have to check to see if Aksis teleported to where you are supposed to slam and if not you immediately turn and discharge since you stand very close to the red squares. If he does teleport to where you are covering you simply jump up to slam him but since everyone sets up closer to the red squares they should always discharge before the person runs, jumps and slams him.

The main problem I saw was newly empowered people trying to dps after the 1st and 2nd slam instead of just popping their supers and then immediately running to cover their empowered areas. You can dps once you are in position or just not dps at all, but you can make up some missed dps later. If you are not in position to discharge or slam then it is an immediate wipe.

They really did a good job on this of making sure everyone has to participate since the roles change each slam. You cannot float or be carried.

The reason it is easier is that everyone has supers all the time so you should be able to tether/bubble after each slam so dps should never be an issue. Covering Left/Right/Middle and discharging/slamming are the most important things.

OK, I forgot about the part where when you discharge everyone gets supers.  How do you discharge - just press 'X' on the plate?

HCR was tested with RoI in PvP and Pulse Rifles showed little to no difference. PvE it was noticeable with the bursts to stagger but in PvP pulse rifles didn't seem to be causing any extra flinch with HCR. I only care to use Clever Dragon for PvP so to me HCR is not really a priority.
The stagger is noticeable when you get shot, that's why MIDA had it taken off..... Ask any top player, they will ALL say HCR.

Have to resort to LFG even to do Nightfall now, but at least I had a funny (and very smooth and quick) experience with it.  I was invited in at the boss and we finished that in mere minutes.  There was no talking so I just left, switched characters, and listed myself again.   The same two guys were at the boss again on their second run and invited me.  Then after that I did the third one all the way through with them ;).  This is probably the fastest strike to get through and being able to join at the boss two of those times made the whole thing take less than 30 minutes or so (for all 3).  I probably spent more time switching guys than doing the NF.

Anyway, I actually ended up with all the rewards I really needed for once.  I got a helm to get my Hunter shadestep helm to 400 for PvE.  Then I got a chest piece so I could make my Titan void armor 400 (also for PvE).  And finally I got some gauntlets to make my Hunter's pulse rifle loading gloves 400 (to go along with that helm for PvE).  So all 3 of my guys are ultra Raid ready with good max gear; including the right type of gauntlet reload and the right type of bonus armor chest pieces (void for Hunter and Titan, solar for Warlock).  We'll see if I ever actually get to run it again.  I'm not brave like Glock to use random LFG groups.  Well, of course, I've done it but it nearly always ends up in wasted, frustrating times so I'm really hesitant now.

After that I was bored so I went and did some Queen's bounties.  I got gauntlets for the Warlock and boots for the Hunter.  I want to collect this stuff, but, man, that means I have even less Vault space now.

Though I'm also kind of wondering what the point of this game is any more.  If we can't bring anything to Destiny 2 and there is no more major content on the way, I'm not sure what I'm playing for.  And yet there I was doing it anyway...

I do need to get that stupid bell achievement though.  It is ridiculous for me not to have 100% on a game I have spent way over 2000 hours playing.  Maybe we can get a CAG group to try that again if nothing else.  I've tried it twice so far and it hasn't worked.

I do really hope the rumor ends up being false. I get the benefit of leaving my character behind, but I've grown attached to my exo. Even more so because I only play one character.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Though I'm also kind of wondering what the point of this game is any more. If we can't bring anything to Destiny 2 and there is no more major content on the way, I'm not sure what I'm playing for. And yet there I was doing it anyway...

I do need to get that stupid bell achievement though. It is ridiculous for me not to have 100% on a game I have spent way over 2000 hours playing. Maybe we can get a CAG group to try that again if nothing else. I've tried it twice so far and it hasn't worked.
There really isn't much left to do for me at this point. I still haven't got either of the shaders so I'll keep running raid for that. Didn't get the Warlock exotic arms either. Have to finish off some of the odds and ends from the Rise of Iron record book (supremacy wins is one on them, and since shaxx bounty is supremacy this week might get that done).

Only new/old content we know about is SRL, which I only ran because of the chaperone quest last time so I'm not sure how much I'll play it this time.

I can help with the bell achievement if you need that one. Actually just remembered I haven't picked up the ghosts on the crucible maps so I wouldn't mind doing that sometime. I think you can just load a map in custom and grab them.

This game has had drop-offs before but I don't think I've ever seen one as sudden and dramatic as this one.  It's like all of a sudden everyone lost interest at the same time.  I didn't even bother to do a single Heroic strike for the treasure thing last week, let alone Nightfall or the Raid.  It's looking now like I'll never even bother with the challenge mode on Aksis.  I'd still like to get that bell achievement though.  1180/1200 (or whatever it is) just bugs me ;).

But seriously, my friends list is made up mostly of people I met in this game, and there have been evenings this week with no one playing Destiny.  I've never seen that before.  When was the last time there were 13 days between posts on this thread?  I almost didn't want to post anything just to see how long it would go.

I've been playing Skyrim and as soon as slow-ass Newegg sends me my preorder copy of FFXV I'll be playing that.  But I'm always up for Destiny if anyone sees me on and wants to run something.

I've noticed this too.  It was sudden.  It's kind of typical for this time of year, with so much good stuff coming out.  But, the Destiny community is going to be an interesting place moving forward.  We know nothing beyond SRL coming up.  Iron banner is coming again, but eh, we've all been there done that.  No promise of a spring update and, hell, we don't know if our characters will even transfer to whatever Bungie has cooking up next.  All that leads to this drop off, along with, honestly, the Rise of Iron expansion has been pretty dull.  The loot just isn't as interesting.  When I realized that the IB gear was so darn similar to the Iron Lord gear....it started what has ultimately left me feeling like this was a somewhat lazy expansion. 

I'm starting Final Fantasy XV on PS4 now, but I'll still plug away at Destiny here and there.  It's still fun to play. 

Hey, io, if you see me on, playing Destiny hit me up and I can help with the bell achievement.  We'll need 3 to do it, but I have it and know the rhythm to do it. 

I still have a group of guys I raid with, but we've had a harder and harder time getting all six of us online at the same time over the last month.  Usually we have to resort to cajoling or pleading with that sixth person to join us.  Sometimes, it's me dragging my feet.  A couple people are still jazzed about the raid, but for me, I have been thinking:  Why?  The raid isn't the only path to 400 and as it stands right now, I often can sometimes get more out of spending an hour in the crucible than I can spending an hour in WotM.  

The game's community is in a weird place right now.  Still damn fun to play though.  I'll be around for IB and SRL for sure.

Two weeks Destiny free and I don't miss it at all. Might come back for IB when it's dropping the scout rifle but that's about it.

I've noticed this too. It was sudden. It's kind of typical for this time of year, with so much good stuff coming out. But, the Destiny community is going to be an interesting place moving forward. We know nothing beyond SRL coming up. Iron banner is coming again, but eh, we've all been there done that. No promise of a spring update and, hell, we don't know if our characters will even transfer to whatever Bungie has cooking up next. All that leads to this drop off, along with, honestly, the Rise of Iron expansion has been pretty dull. The loot just isn't as interesting. When I realized that the IB gear was so darn similar to the Iron Lord gear....it started what has ultimately left me feeling like this was a somewhat lazy expansion.

I'm starting Final Fantasy XV on PS4 now, but I'll still plug away at Destiny here and there. It's still fun to play.

Hey, io, if you see me on, playing Destiny hit me up and I can help with the bell achievement. We'll need 3 to do it, but I have it and know the rhythm to do it.
I still haven't gotten that achievement to pop either. Don't know what we were doing wrong. So I could be another to try and get it to work.

Titanfall 2 took me away and then I just started working on other games. Then black Friday sales happened... I might come back for Iron Banner since I still haven't hit 400 but with not knowing if my character will be brought forward it kind of kills the incentive. I still have my book to work on completing so it isn't like I have totally run out of things to do. Part of what killed my excitement for the game was I spent a week trying to get the forge armor drops. They are rare enough as it is but then I would just get helmet and gloves over and over. That just isn't fun and isn't rewarding for my time. That has been my complaint over the years is Bungie just doesn't respect the players' time.

Part of what killed my excitement for the game was I spent a week trying to get the forge armor drops. They are rare enough as it is but then I would just get helmet and gloves over and over. That just isn't fun and isn't rewarding for my time. That has been my complaint over the years is Bungie just doesn't respect the players' time.
This isn't scientific and based just on my and my friends' experiences, but it seems like when you enter the forge, instead of it being pure RNG, the drop chances seem to be somewhat predetermined. What I mean by that is I would go into a forge session and get tons of class items. Then a few days later, it would drop tons of ghosts, maybe interspersed with an artifact or two. Then another day it would be armor, armor, armor. I have never spent hours in forge and actually gotten a good random mix of drops. It is always skewed towards one set or maybe two sets of something, interspersed with a low drop chance of another item.

So towards the end, when I was close to getting to 400, if I noticed forge was dropping things I didn't need, I would just stop and do something else. Come back and try again another day. It's just a waste of time otherwise.

This isn't scientific and based just on my and my friends' experiences, but it seems like when you enter the forge, instead of it being pure RNG, the drop chances seem to be somewhat predetermined. What I mean by that is I would go into a forge session and get tons of class items. Then a few days later, it would drop tons of ghosts, maybe interspersed with an artifact or two. Then another day it would be armor, armor, armor. I have never spent hours in forge and actually gotten a good random mix of drops. It is always skewed towards one set or maybe two sets of something, interspersed with a low drop chance of another item.

So towards the end, when I was close to getting to 400, if I noticed forge was dropping things I didn't need, I would just stop and do something else. Come back and try again another day. It's just a waste of time otherwise.
I do know I've gotten a mix of ghosts and artifacts along with armor. My repeats were over the course of several days. And the forge armor is rare enough as it is.

Hey we have some news finally:

Iron Banner This week then The Dawning event running Dec 13th through Jan 3rd which includes the return of SRL.  3 strikes are getting the Siva treatment (Nexus, Shadow Thief, Will of Crota) and there will also be a scoring mode for Strikes and Nightfall.  New ornaments, quests, etc and it sounds like Icebreaker is coming back as well.

http://planetdestiny.com/dawning-event-guide/

Glad this update is adding more than just the promised SRL.  I hadn't done any of the weekly stuff the past 2 weeks outside of the first parts of the raid to try to collect the last armor pieces I needed to unlock the shaders. 

Wow, that all looks great!

I have to admit, it's been about a week since I played Destiny.  That's been a combination of NEAR ZERO free time and the fact that FFXV came out, but I think I'll be able to find time for some of this business. :)

Man, so torn.  Everything looks good with this new update.  But I really don't think I care.  I'm close enough to 400 that I'm not blocked from being effective in any activity (395), I have all the achievements, have the gear I want, have taken part in every activity I want to...It might be time to hang up the MIDA. 

This new gear looks cool, the idea of refreshed strikes is swell, and SRL is short-term fun, but .. i don't know.  I play games to go on adventures.  Now I'm just retreading places I've been for a few years now.  It doesn't matter what shoes I'm wearing or what color my helmet is.  It's the same places. 

I've defended Destiny's story since day one, but now....two years out, I still know next to nothing about the Traveler or the Stranger.  I want progression on the core story to really care, I think.

And yeah, FFXV is pretty sweet.  I spent three hours last night fishing, driving, and monster hunting and had an absolute blast. 

My copy came in yesterday but I'm still having so much fun in Skyrim that I haven't opened it yet. NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!!
I feel you. The PS event over the weekend got me all excited for a few PS4 games I still haven't played, like Last of Us (I didn't have a PS3) and Ratchet and Clank. Not enough time, indeed.

So I'm guessing with no posts for a week that nobody was excited to get jump back into Iron Banner Rift last week?  :beer:

The Dawning drops today at 1pm EST.  I'll check out what it has to offer, but like others have mentioned I'm not sure there is enough content to bring me back for more than a few days.  I was never into SRL last year so do not anticipate playing it much this year.  The new strikes and the strike scoring is interesting, but there is nothing ground breaking there.   The Ice Breaker coming back is cool, but it sounds like it is a quest line reward so probably not much to getting the new version.  Other than that I'm not sure what else there really is.  Some new armor, that I don't have room for anyways.  Free gifts for logging in every day... I'm sure they will be worth it  :drool:

Jumped back in tonight and played about 3 hours.  Wow, there is a lot of new gear there.  I'd feel more inclined to collect it all if I only had more Vault space!  But SRL was fun once again.  I was able to navigate those old maps just like old times.

So does anyone know what is in the three large gifts that require the tags?
From reddit:

- Amanda Tag Rewards - Jingle Horn, Treasure of the Dawning & 2 Legendary Engrams
- Xur Tag Rewards - 2 Exotic Engrams and the NOVA MORTIS Exotic Quest starter
- Saladin Tag Rewards - 50 Motes and 3 Days of Iron Ornaments
The quest from the Xur box is to get the void and solar versions of the Thunderlord.

Where do you get the free daily rewards for logging in?

Also they finally made the change where green engram automatically turn into weapon/armor materials when you pick them up. Might be the best part of this update so far.

Where do you get the free daily rewards for logging in?

Also they finally made the change where green engram automatically turn into weapon/armor materials when you pick them up. Might be the best part of this update so far.
It's in the Tower over the Vanguard area, the entrance to where Saladin would stand for the Iron Banner. A bunch of gift boxes.

Jumped back in tonight and played about 3 hours. Wow, there is a lot of new gear there. I'd feel more inclined to collect it all if I only had more Vault space! But SRL was fun once again. I was able to navigate those old maps just like old times.
I would really like to get that Christmas set if it weren't so dependent on RNG behind a paywall. Oh well. I'm loving SRL and the drops from this and Iron Banner last week have gotten me to 399. All I need is a ghost which shouldn't be too hard to come by. The changes to strikes slow things down a little and it isn't a mad rush to get to the end which is kind of nice. I also think I have gotten more skeleton keys this week than I have since Rise of Iron came out!

I would really like to get that Christmas set if it weren't so dependent on RNG behind a paywall. Oh well. I'm loving SRL and the drops from this and Iron Banner last week have gotten me to 399. All I need is a ghost which shouldn't be too hard to come by. The changes to strikes slow things down a little and it isn't a mad rush to get to the end which is kind of nice. I also think I have gotten more skeleton keys this week than I have since Rise of Iron came out!
I wasn't even aware there was a "Christmas set". What is it? I've gotten some Pelt of a Dying Star kind of stuff. Is that it?

Also, I opened one of the big presents on one character and then it was gone on the others I hadn't even started yet. Are those just one per account? If so, lame...

I had held on to two full sets of SRL gear all year (Jade Rabbit and one of the others) and now I see the new gear has light on it and ornaments to make it look like the old stuff ;). Oh well, I guess it's good that I get to delete both of those sets and make some room for the other new stuff. I'm assuming I can still use it on all my characters, right? If it is a different set for each class (other than the helm like last time) I'll be pissed.

I wasn't even aware there was a "Christmas set". What is it? I've gotten some Pelt of a Dying Star kind of stuff. Is that it?

Also, I opened one of the big presents on one character and then it was gone on the others I hadn't even started yet. Are those just one per account? If so, lame...

I had held on to two full sets of SRL gear all year (Jade Rabbit and one of the others) and now I see the new gear has light on it and ornaments to make it look like the old stuff ;). Oh well, I guess it's good that I get to delete both of those sets and make some room for the other new stuff. I'm assuming I can still use it on all my characters, right? If it is a different set for each class (other than the helm like last time) I'll be pissed.
No, if you go to Eververse you can preview it in the packages.

No, if you go to Eververse you can preview it in the packages.

Yeah I kind of figured that out last night. It looks like the only thing I've gotten so far is "Rimed" boots (for the Warlock). Of course I get the most useless piece. How many of the packages do you get from playing though? I know I opened at least 2 if not 3 and one gave me a sparrow. I see that you get one from rank 5 in SRL. I'll assume that is one per character at least. And one was in the one-time-across-all characters first big present. So that makes maybe 4 I could get? Any others? Looks like the good stuff is only a "possible" drop though. If it is anything like the Taken gear it would take me 40+ packages to put together a set ;).

I also did the Voidlord quest last night, apparently. And like a dumbass I had just infused a 300 RL I got from SRL into some stupid legendary MG instead of saving it for that. I guess I just didn't expect to get it so easily - thought it would have more steps!

I would like to get Nightfalls done on all my characters so hit me up if you want to do those.

Oh damn, so the Rimed stuff is actually part of the guaranteed drop (along with a lot of other stuff) and the good gear ("Crystalline") is only in the "possible" loot table.  I hit rank 5 in SRL (at least they made that easier this year) and cashed in my prize and got utterly hosed.  I got some consumables and the Black Spindle ornament.  Gross.

So I think all I've gotten out of it is the yellow/orange sparrow, a horn or two, the Rimed boots, and the Black Spindle ornament.  It could take a lot of cash to get the cool gear - and from what I've seen it looks great for all 3 characters.  But that's not going to happen so why even bother.  It would be hard to even put together a set of the lamer "guaranteed drop" gear.  I'll take a shot with my other two characters rank 5 SRL packages but that's about it.  In addition to maybe getting one of the better helm/chests, there's all those sparrows.  A lot of the other sparrows looks pretty cool.  The one I got is pretty plain.

I also slogged through the Challenge of Elders and the timed missions (those weren't too bad) solo just for another plain sparrow... How do you get the Solarlord and Icebreaker quests?  I don't have any more missions left to do - just progress in the record book (mostly strike stuff at this point).

So there is no way to get the exotic quests for the two machine guns unless you play SRL? I don't mind doing the strikes and that part of the new record book but I have zero interest in SRL. Can you get the Xur's Tag without it?

When the dawning first dropped somebody on Reddit claimed they got all five pieces from five boxes. So everybody was hoping you were at least guaranteed a piece. That doesn't appear to be the case. I've managed one out of two (or three?) Packs I've opened. I did manage to get the pixel looking sparrow which is pretty cool. You can't see it in the preview but when you boost the whole thing lights up and changes colors.

I don't know if you can get enough XP for the record book without doing srl. I personally love it and the challenges aren't too difficult.

I might try to get my nightfall run in tonight. If anybody is on I'll try to send an invite. All depends on what I'm up to.

Ice Breaker is actually a drop from one of the 3 weekly elite bounties given from Zavala, the Sunrise one.  Earn a gold tier medal before time expires.  You have 30 minutes to finish.  Looks like the drops rates are Y1 VoG horrendous.  5% or less from one poll I saw.

Ice Breaker is actually a drop from one of the 3 weekly elite bounties given from Zavala, the Sunrise one. Earn a gold tier medal before time expires. You have 30 minutes to finish. Looks like the drops rates are Y1 VoG horrendous. 5% or less from one poll I saw.
Well of course that is the one bounty I haven't been able to do since it requires a fireteam (I assume).

Where does Solarlord come from though?

If the Dawning packages are weekly from the Heroic then maybe I can get the full set by next year at this time ;).

Moose - send me a message if you want to run it. I'll be around but probably not on until later tonight but I can hop on for the Nightfall.

Well of course that is the one bounty I haven't been able to do since it requires a fireteam (I assume).

Where does Solarlord come from though?

If the Dawning packages are weekly from the Heroic then maybe I can get the full set by next year at this time ;).

Moose - send me a message if you want to run it. I'll be around but probably not on until later tonight but I can hop on for the Nightfall.
SolarLord (Abbadon) is a quest from Zavala after you finish the void quest. It might incorrectly show on the map that you have to pick it up from Ikora but if you talk to Zavala he should have the quest . It is really short just like the corresponding void quest. (20 kills with solar abilities, talk to some people in the tower, then Shield Bros strike).

I still have a NF to run if you are looking to do the par time bounty.

SolarLord (Abbadon) is a quest from Zavala after you finish the void quest. It might incorrectly show on the map that you have to pick it up from Ikora but if you talk to Zavala he should have the quest . It is really short just like the corresponding void quest. (20 kills with solar abilities, talk to some people in the tower, then Shield Bros strike).

I still have a NF to run if you are looking to do the par time bounty.
OK, I have a quest marker on Ikora but she has nothing for me. Had no idea I had to go to the other one that wasn't marked. Good coding there Bungie...

Yeah, I'll want to run the NF. Let me know when you can do it. I'm just home working all this evening pretty much. I can't do it right now, though. But starting, say, 6pm Pacific I probably can.

The one page in the record book for SRL has some rank ups for beating tracks in under a certain time, how hard are there to do?
I got all 4 of them on the first races I did on those tracks. I was surprised I did it do easily on the 2 new ones I had never raced on before (on the other hand, it is amazing how automatically I can run the old ones from last year even after all this time).

I thought the enemy killing one would take forever, because in the normal course of a race (if you are trying to win) you might get one or two if you are lucky. But if you get one of the new tracks, there is a wide open area with some pillars and a bunch of Cabal and Vex that spawn. You can just sit there and boost back and forth killing them over and over. I decided to do that when I fell to 5th place after getting stuck on a rock there and I boosted my kills from like 20 to 32 really quickly. The race ended before I could get more though so it might take a couple runs.

My problem with the record book are the boring as hell strike ones. Blah. I have like 2 super medals and need some ridiculous amount. But then again I was running Sunsinger the whole time. I guess I should switch to Stormcaller.

I forget is there an SRL license after the A? Like an 'S'? Does that require wining races? I am at 7/10 for the top 3 finishes for the A rank. But the reward is some chestplate that looks like it might just be the standard racing one? If there is an 'S' rank what is the reward for that? I have won a handful of races, but there can be some long gaps where I don't win. I probably shouldn't play at 2-3 AM like I usually do.

The one page in the record book for SRL has some rank ups for beating tracks in under a certain time, how hard are there to do?
Yes, they are very easy. I got them on the first race on each track. The other items are pretty easy on the SRL side. Race 25 times is just time consuming. Hit 1000 gates comes as you go for the 25 races as you should hit 50 or so per race. You should be able to knock out 5 or more tricks per race (probably more like 10) so the 50 tricks doesn't take long. The roadkill 50 can take some time. I am averaging 1.5 per race, but the farming method io mentioned is an option that I have resorted to a few times, that is on the Mercury race track right in the middle part.

I got all 4 of them on the first races I did on those tracks. I was surprised I did it do easily on the 2 new ones I had never raced on before (on the other hand, it is amazing how automatically I can run the old ones from last year even after all this time).

I thought the enemy killing one would take forever, because in the normal course of a race (if you are trying to win) you might get one or two if you are lucky. But if you get one of the new tracks, there is a wide open area with some pillars and a bunch of Cabal and Vex that spawn. You can just sit there and boost back and forth killing them over and over. I decided to do that when I fell to 5th place after getting stuck on a rock there and I boosted my kills from like 20 to 32 really quickly. The race ended before I could get more though so it might take a couple runs.

My problem with the record book are the boring as hell strike ones. Blah. I have like 2 super medals and need some ridiculous amount. But then again I was running Sunsinger the whole time. I guess I should switch to Stormcaller.

I forget is there an SRL license after the A? Like an 'S'? Does that require wining races? I am at 7/10 for the top 3 finishes for the A rank. But the reward is some chestplate that looks like it might just be the standard racing one? If there is an 'S' rank what is the reward for that? I have won a handful of races, but there can be some long gaps where I don't win. I probably shouldn't play at 2-3 AM like I usually do.
From what I read you no longer have to win races to get the higher level licenses so that is kind of nice.

The Strike medals aren't too bad. You need to do 20 daily bounties and you can get most done when you load into the Nightfall by just running back and forth in the outside area killing the vex and fallen that spawn. You should also be working on the super kill and streak medals at this point. The 50 super medals take the longest and you will often be bothered by other people doing the same farm or when the Taken event spawns in. The par score ones are easy to do, did both my first time. Cumulative strike score just run Heroics after you do your NFs on each character, that will get you the strike completion medals that you need as well. Rainbow medals are easy to do in that first area as well, there is no time limit between getting the medals so just rotate through your weapons as you run around and farm kills.

Finally made it to 400.  Got all the achievements.  Not too into SRL and don't care if I finish the last couple spots on the RoI record book.  Time to invest myself fully into FFXV. 

If the gang needs someone to run something or if you are trying to pull together a group to run the OBP quest or the bells, or whatever, just give me a shout.  I'll be there for the good ole' CAG crew.

From what I read you no longer have to win races to get the higher level licenses so that is kind of nice.
I just finished up my Rank A license (10 top 3 finishes) and the Rank S is the same as before: you need 3 wins. Fortunately the one that got me there was a win, so I have 1 of the 3 already. This is the same as last time as far as I can remember. The difference from last year is that the licenses seem to be meaningless. The Rank A reward was the Circuit chestpiece, which I deleted immediately. It is the one that is just beige looking and doesn't take shaders. I already have the full Speeder set so I didn't need that. According to the quest log, the Rank S is a legendary engram or some such nonsense? I'll probably try to get it on my Warlock since I'm 1/3 of the way there. I'm kind of relieved, actually, because then I can just get to rank 5 on the other two characters for the Dawning package and not worry about the licenses. Getting to rank 5 is also considerably easier than last year. I think the ranks are less than before and the races seem to give out way more rep than before. Hell, I'm already above rank 6 on my Warlock - got nothing for hitting 6 by the way.

Was also surprised to see the Crimson Shell and Sugary Shell (last year's Valentine's event rewards) being given out as race rewards. I got a Sugary Shell myself yesterday. Maybe certain things only drop once you hit certain license levels since I hadn't seen those dropping earlier in the week. So perhaps that is the use of the licenses beyond their immediate rewards (I was Rank B when I got the shell, and I think the neon green SRL emblem). OR, those could be tied to the SRL rank so they might be things you get after rank 5.

I still need to run the Nightfall (x 3) and I still want to get that stupid bell achievement.

I just finished up my Rank A license (10 top 3 finishes) and the Rank S is the same as before: you need 3 wins. Fortunately the one that got me there was a win, so I have 1 of the 3 already. This is the same as last time as far as I can remember. The difference from last year is that the licenses seem to be meaningless. The Rank A reward was the Circuit chestpiece, which I deleted immediately. It is the one that is just beige looking and doesn't take shaders. I already have the full Speeder set so I didn't need that. According to the quest log, the Rank S is a legendary engram or some such nonsense? I'll probably try to get it on my Warlock since I'm 1/3 of the way there. I'm kind of relieved, actually, because then I can just get to rank 5 on the other two characters for the Dawning package and not worry about the licenses. Getting to rank 5 is also considerably easier than last year. I think the ranks are less than before and the races seem to give out way more rep than before. Hell, I'm already above rank 6 on my Warlock - got nothing for hitting 6 by the way.

Was also surprised to see the Crimson Shell and Sugary Shell (last year's Valentine's event rewards) being given out as race rewards. I got a Sugary Shell myself yesterday. Maybe certain things only drop once you hit certain license levels since I hadn't seen those dropping earlier in the week. So perhaps that is the use of the licenses beyond their immediate rewards (I was Rank B when I got the shell, and I think the neon green SRL emblem). OR, those could be tied to the SRL rank so they might be things you get after rank 5.

I still need to run the Nightfall (x 3) and I still want to get that stupid bell achievement.
I seem to be struggling to get wins. Last year I had no problem and even the beginning of this year I had a couple. Now I can't seem to get any. Oh well. My first goal is to complete the book.

I ran the NF on my Hunter and got faction legendary armor as a reward? I would rather get Strange Coins...

Has anyone gotten a helmet as a drop from a race? The only helmets I've gotten are the Rank 3 reward and the shader-hater helmet from the quest. Also, you only get an emblem from Amanda for turning in the SRL quest. I feel that was a grand waste of time.

I ran the NF on my Hunter and got faction legendary armor as a reward? I would rather get Strange Coins...

Has anyone gotten a helmet as a drop from a race? The only helmets I've gotten are the Rank 3 reward and the shader-hater helmet from the quest. Also, you only get an emblem from Amanda for turning in the SRL quest. I feel that was a grand waste of time.
I think I got one, but I can't remember for sure.

bread's done
Back